Weapons and Items That Should Return

Zetsubo

1 hour ago, GrassEater said:

you should try being an optimist sometime it makes you happy

No way. Being some naive optimist who believes nothing can go wrong and is completely divorced from any sense of reality isn't for me.

1 hour ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I'd like to see crossbows again as well as daggers.

Like was said earlier, daggers in Fates were more appealing than Tellius daggers were.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like was said earlier, daggers in Fates were more appealing than Tellius daggers were.

You liked having your units receive stat penalties after using them?

11 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

More like, I liked hitting the enemies with stat drops when using them. Because for the most part, self-debuffs were limited to silver weapons.

Edited by Shadow Mir

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

No way. Being some naive optimist who believes nothing can go wrong and is completely divorced from any sense of reality isn't for me.

You're hardly the most toxic person I've seen here (that one hardcore Jugdral elitist with the Arvis(?) avatar that we ran into comes to mind), but you're certainly the most negative.  I don't see the value in unjustified optimism either, but you could stand to show a little hope or otherwise be more positive, like offering your own solutions to all the stuff you complain about.

Seeing how much you evidently hate IS's balancing decisions, I think making your own fangame free of IS's bullcrap would be right up your alley.  You should give it a try sometime.

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I thought only Silver and Legendary weapons did that.  That's why people hated them so much.  (I used them regularly because I refused to use forging and was insistent on giving everyone weapons equal to their Weapon Ranks when possible)

I most likely hate FE balance even more. Just look at how many Jeigans are top tier and how many Gordins are bottom tier. It's like they try to keep their own cliches even when they are bad(archers with high skill and low everything else never worked well, why the hell after 12 games you keep making them Intsys?). 

But i also understand that some ideas may not work on their  first implementation without being bad. Usually you make mistakes the first time because you have no clue and no reference points. 

Rd had a lot of good ideas such as ledges and crossbows, and i want to see them improved, not forgotten.

22 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

I most likely hate FE balance even more. Just look at how many Jeigans are top tier and how many Gordins are bottom tier. It's like they try to keep their own cliches even when they are bad(archers with high skill and low everything else never worked well, why the hell after 12 games you keep making them Intsys?). 

But i also understand that some ideas may not work on their  first implementation without being bad. Usually you make mistakes the first time because you have no clue and no reference points. 

Rd had a lot of good ideas such as ledges and crossbows, and i want to see them improved, not forgotten.

The recurring balancing issues are probably a combination of favoritism and traditionalism.  I imagine several major IS employees have been around for a while.

Of course, we in the fangame scene are less inhibited by this.  If only more of us could finish our games.

6 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Bring back the downsides of using higher-quality weapons. Like slowly reducing your stats for going Silver and going nil after using an S-Rank.

That's the absolute last thing i want to see in a game with weapon durability. 

46 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Bring back the downsides of using higher-quality weapons. Like slowly reducing your stats for going Silver and going nil after using an S-Rank.

Why the heck would you want that to come back?  Unless you hate weapon durability that much.

59 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Why the heck would you want that to come back?  Unless you hate weapon durability that much.

Imo they are way more interesting than durability. Durability is just resource management, while the fate system can do much more. For example, you can give the silver lance to the Jeigan without giving them an huge advantage. 

The problem is forging. There is no point in dealing with the silver sword penalties if you can just use a forged bronze/iron/steel instead. They should rework the mechanic in order to not allow weapon that can just orko anything.

But imo legendary weapon should be op, so they shouldn't have any downsides.

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

You're hardly the most toxic person I've seen here (that one hardcore Jugdral elitist with the Arvis(?) avatar that we ran into comes to mind), but you're certainly the most negative.  I don't see the value in unjustified optimism either, but you could stand to show a little hope or otherwise be more positive, like offering your own solutions to all the stuff you complain about.

Seeing how much you evidently hate IS's balancing decisions, I think making your own fangame free of IS's bullcrap would be right up your alley.  You should give it a try sometime.

I know I'm hardly the only one who feels this, but in the face of some of their recent decisions, IS has to prove to me I can trust them. They have yet to do that.

I don't have that kind of know-how.

I'm pondering if we're gonna need HEAVY weapons (ie BLADES, GREATLANCES, and POLEAXES).

The advantage is having a more common material around a similar might at LOWER WEAPON RANK but heavier and significantly less accurate (ie Steel Blade vs Silver Sword)

Edited by Jayvee94

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't have that kind of know-how.

SRPG Studio makes it very easy (easier than hacking, I think), though you have to do more from the ground-up and it costs about $60.  And before you even start actual work on your game you'd want to brainstorm about story, what changes you want to make to typical Fire Emblem gameplay, what weapons you'd want to include, things like that.

7 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I'm pondering if we're gonna need HEAVY weapons (ie BLADES, GREATLANCES, and POLEAXES).

The advantage is having a more common material around a similar might at LOWER WEAPON RANK but heavier and significantly less accurate (ie Steel Blade vs Silver Sword)

My game has this, but I think the price gaps between certain weapons of similar performance are too high.  I'll need to fix that.

8 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Your. Game?

Heck yeah!  I'm making a game in SRPG Studio.  The link to its thread is in my signature.  It's about halfway done and I'm currently working on Support conversations for the characters that have been introduced in the latest version (i.e. the ones available from Chapter 9 onward).

Staying on-topic, I really liked Ballisticians in Shadow Dragon and wish Ballistae would come back as a separate weapon type.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

11 minutes ago, link16hit said:

I hopw that if status aliment came back, restore staff!

6 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Fates would really have benefited from having Restore staves for those nasty debuffs.

Personally, I hope status ailments DON'T come back - they're cancerous bullshit that tends to not help the player much, if at all, if they ever get to use them.

24 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Come on guys, what I said kind of adds another incentive not to rely on just one weapon. Besides doesn't the better stuff impedes your chances of doubling?

Weapon durability provides all the incentive you need.  Even without it, anti-class type weapons (i.e. Armorslayers, Ridersbanes) and Killer weapons are also a thing.

Status effects should be a separate action like Rally instead of something that just trigger when you fight. Those should ve easier to counter than seals because you can focus the debuffe on player phase. 

Ilso, i am for fewer, way stronger enemies, and bosses more powerful than any Playable unit can hope to be. With that kind of enemies status effect are way more useful for the Player.

4 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Come on guys, what I said kind of adds another incentive not to rely on just one weapon. Besides doesn't the better stuff impedes your chances of doubling?

If I may be frank, I don't think having high-end weapons have downsides would mesh well with durability...

On 3/21/2019 at 7:51 AM, Cysx said:

Shards in MotE and scrolls in Thracia, while not really balanced(especially the latter), are still a gameplay feature I'd really like to see again in some form. They'd have to take measures so that it doesn't allow you to empower already strong units even further, though.

It's called an equip item slot. Can't stack growth boosters so much when you can only equip one at a time!

Speaking of which, the equip slot is something I'd love to see return. There's lots of potential for what you could do with it besides growth boosters: effectiveness nullifiers, skill scrolls, the Boots...

On 3/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, PrincessAlyson said:

Halberds. What's not to love about something that's part spear, part axe and part hook?

THIS person knows what's up!

Anyway, I'm hella down for the reavers making a return. It was one of those weapon types that was really convenient to have for dealing with unexpected turns of events. The superior weapons are also pretty fun to use and fight against. 

I also would not mind the secondary weapon triangle being back, although I still have absolutely no idea why daggers would have an advantage over swords. 

Also, I'd be pretty darn happy if light magic comes back.

As for weapon durability vs weapon debuff, I'd be okay with having both of them if:

1) The debuffs are not as severe

2) Weapons are repairable and the staves/shops for such action are not as rare as shiny pokemon.

I personaly think the stat changes were a really good and potentially fun idea. It was just executed horribly. 

Edited by Martin

4 hours ago, Martin said:

I also would not mind the secondary weapon triangle being back, although I still have absolutely no idea why daggers would have an advantage over swords. 

What secondary weapon triangle? All I know is the normal weapon triangle and the RGB weapon triangle.