About Jedah and Sonya

Does it say anywhere that Jedah is Sonya's father? I watched the battle convo between them and it just says he turned her sisters into witches, but I swear I read somewhere he's her father. Am I making this up, did I misread, or what?

In Sonya's 3rd base conservation she implied it.

Sonya: Growing up, I had two older sisters. The eldest was stern, but deeply kind. The middle one was smart and mature, and also marched to her own beat. The three of us were inseparable back at the priory. We waited for our father to come get us, yet knew the day would never come. Ah, but that was a lifetime ago. And they’re both gone now…

But it's directly stated in her original Gaiden ending she's the daughter of Jedah.

"Her two older sisters, Marla and Hestia, had been reborn as witches to be sacrificed to Duma…
Sonya would never forgive their father Jedah for making his three daughters into sacrifices."

I don't recall SoV directly saying the two are related.

The conversation that confirms Jedah as Sonya's father is the one between Nuibaba, Berkut, and Rinea:

Nuibaba: For all your stubborn words, you have some wisdom. You have seen what the Faithful are capable of in battle. I know it. Father Duma’s power is vast, and not to be looked down upon. Yes, it’s true—Marla and Hestia both. In turn, the Father rewarded Lord Jedah with incredible magic.

Rinea: His own daughters? How dreadful!

and Sonya's conversation with jedah along with her base conversations and supports with genny, you can sort of put two and two together.

Sonya and Jedah DO have a battle conversation, it's just easy to miss since they didn't put it into the finale, but rather the chapter where you're encouraged not to fight Jedah. But yeah, piecing together Sonya's relation to her sisters and Jedah was quite the joy when I played the game. A joy robbed of new players that dare to read the shorthand description for Sonya in Fire Emblem Heroes. Oh well. Hard to decide what I don't like more, spoiling Sonya's relation to Jedah or spoiling Ninian's...everything.

Edited by Glennstavos

Just adding a bit more evidence, Hestia's death quote in the final map makes it clear that Sonya is her sister (as Nuibaba's doesn't directly say Hestia and Marla are the two sisters Sonya was talking about)

Spoiler

Hestia: That’s no fair, Sonya… Why should you be the only one allowed to live as she chooses?

Combine this with the quotes above, (and the Sonya boss quote that started the thread) and it is clear. They might not have said it as directly as Gaiden, but if you piece all the evidence together it is clear Jedah is her father

11 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Sonya and Jedah DO have a battle conversation, it's just easy to miss since they didn't put it into the finale, but rather the chapter where you're encouraged not to fight Jedah. But yeah, piecing together Sonya's relation to her sisters and Jedah was quite the joy when I played the game. A joy robbed of new players that dare to read the shorthand description for Sonya in Fire Emblem Heroes. Oh well. Hard to decide what I don't like more, spoiling Sonya's relation to Jedah or spoiling Ninian's...everything.

The spoiler (if you want to even call it that) is in the original game, so it's almost 30 years old now, I don't think Heroes can really be at fault.