Fire Emblem: Traitor`s tale

Arthur fan hack lover

Soooo, im gonna make a hack of FE8 named Fire Emblem: Traitor`s Tale. Its gonna be FE7ish cause the Idea is to make 3 separate characters and then make them work together at the end. This was originally supposed to be an FE7 hack, but im gonna do FE8 cause its easier and its gonna be my first one.

Im using MarkyJoe`s Tutorial of FEbuilder. If anyone can lend some tips Id be very grateful.

Also sorry if my english is bad, Im Brazilian

Im gonna post a demo once at least 5 chapters are done

Progress!

Chapter 1-1 of Fire Emblem Traitors Tale is complete.

Current Progress:

Insertion of Bane`s sprite complete

Chapter Map complete

Portrait complete

Bane`s group:

The Female Fighter Guerra: Inserted, Portrait is in development, Current placeholder portrait : Syrene

The Male (class non decided) Milliow: planned to be inserted in chapter 1-2 along with Brand, appears in cutscene as place holder Colm 

The Male Healer Brand:  planned to be inserted in chapter 1-2 along with Milliow, appears in cutscene as placeholder moulder

And lot of others to come!

if anyone could offer help or tips it would be great because my routine lately has been: wake up, school, get home, start computer,play some games, work on this project for HOURS straight, other stuff, sleep and repeat.

Edit: Hey guys. i know its been a long time, but i`ve been moving to other country and, y`know, that takes a lot of time. 

for anyone thinking this is dead, no, its not. I`ve had no time to work on it, and it did`int get any updates because of that.

Also, if the mod is reading this, I read the guidelines, now I know why I have been warned so much.

after i post this, work will begin immediately.

Edited by Arthur fan hack lover

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Good luck.  Anything new and interesting we can expect?

im still working on map design and ideas.

One thing I can guarantee you is that the first protagonist is a brigand named bane. I cant call him lord cause he`s not royal

One of the protagonists of my game is an Axe user named Carol.  Her personal class was originally going to be called Chief, but then I thought to myself "What's she supposed to be the chief of?" and so I just stuck with Lord as the name of her personal class, as she was raised by former bandits, but is actually the rightful queen of another kingdom.  Claudius, my other protagonist, has Prince as his personal class; though he is a prince, he is not of the royal bloodline that originally ruled his country, i.e. Carol's bloodline.

Also, I know you have free reign to double-post as much as you want on this thread since it's yours, but instead of making a large number of posts in a short timeframe I would just gather all of my thoughts into one post before posting it, or simply editing the first post.

56 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

One of the protagonists of my game is an Axe user named Carol.  Her personal class was originally going to be called Chief, but then I thought to myself "What's she supposed to be the chief of?" and so I just stuck with Lord as the name of her personal class, as she was raised by former bandits, but is actually the rightful queen of another kingdom.  Claudius, my other protagonist, has Prince as his personal class; though he is a prince, he is not of the royal bloodline that originally ruled his country, i.e. Carol's bloodline.

Also, I know you have free reign to double-post as much as you want on this thread since it's yours, but instead of making a large number of posts in a short timeframe I would just gather all of my thoughts into one post before posting it, or simply editing the first post.

The thing is that he kinda hates the royal family. Backstory reasons, not gonna reveal it. Wait for the patch

18 minutes ago, Arthur fan hack lover said:

The thing is that he kinda hates the royal family. Backstory reasons, not gonna reveal it. Wait for the patch

Chief might work as a name for Bane's personal class if he's not using the default Brigand class.  Assuming he leads a small group of subordinates as would be expected from a group of starting units.

16 minutes ago, Arthur fan hack lover said:

does anyone know how to destroy a village after you visit it?

I think that has something to do with eventing.  Destroying Houses/Villages seems to be tied not to the Brigand and Pirate classes themselves, but rather to the AI they use.  As AznTrueblade demonstrated, any class can ransack Houses and Villages if their AI and events are set up right.

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I think that has something to do with eventing.  Destroying Houses/Villages seems to be tied not to the Brigand and Pirate classes themselves, but rather to the AI they use.  As AznTrueblade demonstrated, any class can ransack Houses and Villages if their AI and events are set up right.

A playable character

1 minute ago, Arthur fan hack lover said:

A playable character

Figures.  You would indeed have to make an event right after your character visits a House in which the House gets destroyed.

I mainly say this from experience with SRPG Studio, but I don't imagine eventing in FEBuilder is much different from how it is in SRPG Studio.

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Figures.  You would indeed have to make an event right after your character visits a House in which the House gets destroyed.

I mainly say this from experience with SRPG Studio, but I don't imagine eventing in FEBuilder is much different from how it is in SRPG Studio.

Thank you for your help, I`ll make sure to include you in some minor way like a village guy

5 minutes ago, Arthur fan hack lover said:

Thank you for your help, I`ll make sure to include you in some minor way like a village guy

You don't need to do that, but if you're insistent, use this Canas recolor:

dd30gf6-5132bf31-e51e-43ed-bd56-b3115c5d

It's formatted for SRPG Studio, so it won't be insertable as is, but I don't think it should be that hard to find Canas's portrait and recolor it with Usenti to match this.

What I'd really appreciate is if you tried my own game, but right now it's 15 chapters long, I've already come up with changes I need to implement later, and you'll probably be busy working on this.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai