FE Heroes x Dragalia Lost Colab Coming

Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like, i'm glad they released Idoun recently but she's basically another "powercreep the dragon." I played FEH for the Fire Emblem characters until IS stopped making units unique and instead went on a "how can we make this unit as busted as possible" route.

Most players rather see powerful units than pathetic units, and just because a unit is powerful does not mean they are not unique.

Idunn is both powerful and unique; no other unit can shrug off buffs like she can.

In contrast, if a unit is just unique but pathetic, it is going to piss off a lot more players. A lot of Lyn's fans were not happy with LOTW!Lyn's pathetic Atk and her green color.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think people would be unhappy if a collaboration banner took the place of one of the normally scheduled banners, but would be more accepting if it were added as a third banner for the month.

More new content banners would be great, as long as NHs weren't neglected. ThisĀ game is already two years in, but it took this long to get a dedicated Binding Blade banner. And if FEH has a 5 year lifespan, then by the time this game hits 2.5 years in a few months, its midlife, a lot of games will have their PC representation still below 50%, which is bad.

Although as you our Dragon God of Gacha (I hope you haven't started degenerating yet) knows, there is a limit to how many new content banners they can add at once before the wallets of pay to players gets strained too much for a given time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Most players rather see powerful units than pathetic units, and just because a unit is powerful does not mean they are not unique.

Idunn is both powerful and unique; no other unit can shrug off buffs like she can.

And how many units can you say are both "powerful and unique"? Like Satsuma said, most characters are just reskins with a broken prf weapon or just pathetic kits and stats. That's ignoring Skill Inheritance. That's another thing, let me rephrase that: how many units can you say are "powerful and unique" by just taking into account their base kit? No Skill Inheritance, no merges. Just the default.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

In contrast, if a unit is just unique but pathetic, it is going to piss off a lot more players. A lot of Lyn's fans were not happy with LOTW!Lyn's pathetic Atk and her green color.

A result of IS deciding that Arena is the only mode in the game but that's a discussion for another day. Me personally, i don't care if a unit is pathetic or not. If a pathetic unit uniquely stands out in a wave of reskined Armor, Horse and Dragon units, i'd consider that a win.

I'd rather not see FEH polluted with collab characters and just stick to FE, so I'm hoping this won't be a two way thing. I'm only interested in seeing what characters they decide are collab-worthy. Will it be actual FEH characters like the Askrs and Veronica, or would they throw in something like Ike or Lucina in for it.

I wonder how this ploy will fare in getting FEH players to try Dragalia. I'm not touching it again no matter what they add, though.

I'm not particularly invested in Dragalia, but I like what the collab could mean. Heroes hasn't had any collabs yet, and even though there's nothing of Dragalia coming to Heroes itself (that we know off atm), the fact that Heroes is participating in any collab in the first place is a great sign. Before now, they haven't participated in or received a crossover or event of any kind. The "closest thing" we've gotten so far is the Warriors maps, but the only actual Warriors content we got was the splash art for the maps. Even if we don't end up getting any Dragalia characters in Heroes, it opens up the opportunity for more collabs in the future where we may actually get characters and events from other games or series.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And how many units can you say are both "powerful and unique"? Like Satsuma said, most characters are just reskins with a broken prf weapon or just pathetic kits and stats. That's ignoring Skill Inheritance. That's another thing, let me rephrase that: how many units can you say are "powerful and unique" by just taking into account their base kit? No Skill Inheritance, no merges. Just the default.

No unit is very powerful without a complete skill kit with at least some degree of customization. Even Idunn with only her base kit is a bit pathetic with no Assist, potentially under powered Special, lack of Distant Counter, etc. Even Surtr needs an Assist to help him go somewhere and maybe change his Special to Moonbow depending on how you play him.

Units with only their default kit and nothing else are practically unusable in PvE on higher difficulties, let alone PvP.

Half the fun for a lot players is to make their favorite units as powerful as possible. No player wants to bench their favorite unit when tackling challenging content because their favorite unit has crap stat allocation and are unfit to do anything except fulfill a very niche role that does not mesh well with the player's preferred play style.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A result of IS deciding that Arena is the only mode in the game but that's a discussion for another day. Me personally, i don't care if a unit is pathetic or not. If a pathetic unit uniquely stands out in a wave of reskined Armor, Horse and Dragon units, i'd consider that a win.

Maybe that is just how you choose to see it or maybe you just have not played the game in a while, but Arena is not the only PvP mode that matters and Arena is exactly the mode where you do NOT want to use broken units unless it is a bonus unit, and bonus units do not even need to be broken either. Hell, Arena is not even the PvP mode that gets the most attention nor spotlight now, as Aether Raids is generally considered the ultimate end game content currently. PvP also is not the end-all-be-all either as PvE content can be just as challenging (unless you use a guide) and lots of valuable rewards are locked behind PvE.

Arena offense, Arena defense, Aether Raids offense, Aether Raids defense, Arena Assault offense, and Grand Conquest offense all require different strategies to tackle them efficiently. Arena offense wants players to build a stupid cheerleader team to babysit the bonus unit, and it very much discourages any unit other than the bonus unit getting kills. Aether Raids offense is the mode where you want to use the most broken units, and that is only if you want to score really high and compete for rank; many players just settle for Tier 21 and not bother playing competitively for rank after reaching it. If the player does not care about scoring high for Aether Raids, they can easily climb to Tier 20 with a relatively cheap climbing team (Sharena with Distant Counter, M!Corrin, M!Corrin, Eir, Eir), and it can get the player into Tier 21 too with a bit of luck and maybe a few tries.

You might not care a unit is pathetic, but many more players care and they are paying for the game and keeping it alive. If Intelligent Systems does nothing but disappoint players with units with crap stat allocation and gimmicky skills that are unfun to play with, players are going to leave and kill the game.

10 hours ago, Etheus said:

I'd rather not get Dragalia Lost characters in FEH, mainly because most of them aren't great. The few characters I do like would mostly fall into the bloated sword category, and these would be unlikely over the fanservice picks.

Veruca wants a word with you. ;/.

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Once Camilla tasted the pleasure of having multiple alts she couldn't stop making more. However it was never enough, despite the fact that she had the leading number of alts in the game and even had more alts than some games had characters it still wasn't enough. However she finally saw a new avenue to get her quick fix. Camilla in Dragalia Lost.

Never playedĀ Dragalia Lost, the game has to sell me on it's characters if/when they come to Heroes.Ā 

The backstories range from "why wasn't the QA person who allowed this fired" (Melody) to "that was worth the resources" (Vice got a chuckle out of me).Ā  Quality may not be the most consistent, but each and every released character/dragon gets one (as far as I've seen).Ā  Dragons/wyrmprints also have a bit of history tied to them, too.Ā  It's not perfect, but I think it's a cool way of telling the story of Dragalia's world.

---

I don't think I saved my game before I deleted the app, so I'm definitely not going to be playing this (besides not having the time).Ā  Good luck to those that do!

I came very close to uninstalling Dragalia, guess this will be the decider, if I get a Veronica or Loki (Iā€™m hoping they make the cut over Askr trio) Iā€™ll leave it on my phone, otherwise itā€™s gone

I think one of the things about collabs that people fail to grasp is that they're (almost) always events, not part of the main series. Every full or mostly full banner of new units that we get is tied to the FEH story with a new chapter release. Even if something happens on FEH side, it's (almost certainly) not going to be Alfonse and Euden (DL protagonist) go camping in Hel, it'll be some sort of event like a TT, Paralogue, etc. Only a scattering of heroes make their first appearances on seasonal banners.

Assuming that IS isn't totally idiotic (which I'll admit is a stretch to assume sometimes), they would be adding a new "seasonal" banner or replacing one of the existing ones. Which is perfectly fine with me; do we really need a Hot Springs, Bride, random nonsensical dancer alt, etc? Sure, fewer seasonal banners and more actual new contentĀ would be good too, but IS wants cash, so I'd rather have a collab over Bride Camilla.

Edited by alatartheblue42

Meh, don't really care or want collabs with characters from other series. I would prefer IS sticking with Fire Emblem characters for a game that is suppose to be about building teams of characters from various Fire Emblem games. The only nice thing I can say if a collab banner does happen is that it would make it easy for me to save orbs and skip the banner.

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Iā€™d rather we never get a collab in FEH until the FE characters are exhausted.

Exactly.Ā  There are hundreds of characters left that haven't been added.Ā  Heroes isn't some gacha game based on a property with hardly any characters, or being an original property.Ā  It doesn't need lame crossovers with games/properties that many Feh players have no clue about.Ā  If they decide, hey let's drop one of those 100% Fate banners and replace it with a crossover!Ā  Okay...maybe.Ā  However it is more likely....hey let us replace that upcoming Thracia banner, or some other less represented game with a crossover.

I'm glad it is one way.Ā Ā 

This means that BlustoneĀ has a chance to have a crossover with Fire Emblem Heroes now, right?

Right?!?

Anyway, I don't know much, if anything, about Dragalia Lost, aside from it having an interesting theme song and dragons. I'm expecting at least one of the Fire EmblemĀ characters appearing in Dragalia Lost willĀ be a manakete, and another to wield a weapon that is effective against dragons.

As for having a crossover in the first place... eh. I don't play Heroes, but I do know that the overabundance of seasonal banners has been an issue lately. I do agree that they should refocus upon adding more characters to the game, but I don't consider this crossover to be as terrible as some people are making it out to be. Will this probably take up banners that original characters could appear in? Yeah, but Heroes is profitable, and they have time to introduce Fire Emblem characters. It's not like the game will die because they did one crossover.

Don't care too much about what happens on the Heroes side of things since I stopped playing Fire Emblem Heroes. If FEH gets collabs, it opens the floodgates for more and I wonder how FEH will handle them (this includes Nintendo collabs, such as Link, Kid Icarus, or Mario appearing in FEH). Otherwise, I am content with FEH sticking with FE characters. As it stands, the collab is only for Dragalia. I don't know if Heroes will have a collab of its own featuring DL characters.
- - - - - - - - - -
On the Dragalia side, I am interested to see who all will actually show up. I'm expecting FEH OCs (Alfonse, Sharena, Anna) instead of Fire Emblem characters because it is a FEH collab, not a general FE collab. If I had to take a guess, I would say...

4* or 5* Character - Alfonse (Fire Sword), Sharena (Water Lance)
3* Character - Anna (Wind Axe)
-- Note: If the collab is done in an event format, I can see any of the Askr Trio becoming a 4* Event Welfare instead. If so, I'm betting either Sharena or Anna will be the welfare.

Dragon - Young Tiki or F!Corrin
-- Young Tiki is iconic for Fire Emblem, even though some may prefer her Awakening adult variant. As there is no real "FEH Dragon" yet, this is the likely choice.
-- While Fates is no longer the newest entry, F!Corrin still is fairly popular and can take the spot over Tiki. M!Corrin doesn't stand a chance (and F!Corrin tends to be used as the "default Corrin" these days, like how M!Robin is used for "default Robin.")
-- As a side note, Grima would be awesome to see but is highly unlikely. The size of Grima alone makes it almost impossible (unless they pull a Bayonneta and have Grima summon its "Dragon Form" out of portals to do stuff).

I donā€™t particularly care about Dragalia Lost, but I wouldnā€™t be against it coming to Feh honestly.Ā 

I find it funny how a lot of people are complaining that there are ā€œso many charactersā€ to add when honestly weā€™re scraping the bottom of the barrel. Outside of some antagonists whoā€™ll definitely show up thanks to GHBs, I feel like we got all of the must-haves in already. I can look no further than the lukewarm reception of the FE6 banner despite all the outcry for it (and yes, Iā€™m an FE6 fan myself, though Iā€™m relatively quiet about my desires).

20 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I find it funny how a lot of people are complaining that there are ā€œso many charactersā€ to add when honestly weā€™re scraping the bottom of the barrel. Outside of some antagonists whoā€™ll definitely show up thanks to GHBs, I feel like we got all of the must-haves in already.

The highest-scoring character in CYL 3 that isn't an original character and isn't already in the game ranked 23rd (Louise), followed by 26th (Ranulf) and 37th (Haar). That's nowhere near scraping the bottom of the barrel. Popularity is more important for being a "must-have" than story relevance, which takes second seat.

Comparatively, the five characters released for the Binding Blade banner ranked 83rd (Idunn), 138th (Rutger), 208th (Lugh), 230th (Sue), and 309th (Thea).

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Raven

You should have received a friend request from a person named Drakis. I decided that would be my name for Draglia Lost :)Ā 

Ā 

I hate when people decide they're scraping the bottom of the barrel and then say a collab will help. To me, that's scraping way more than adding in actual Fire Emblem characters. There are so many interesting characters who have been left behind because they are unknown or out of focus. This game could give them chance to shine a bit more. It also still hasn't added in characters like Lena, Julian, Kent, Sain, Marcus, Geoffrey, Lucia... all of whom feature in their main stories or are oddly missing archetypes. Plus Nergal is still missing - one of the main villains of FE7. And Thracia barely has anything in, while FE4 Gen 2 has been mostly left behind. No one from Gerik's mercenaries are in. Dieck, Perceval, Gonzales, Elfin, Echidna... urgh, there's so many interesting characters yet to come >.<

Edited by Cute Chao

I think the people fearing that a cross over will take the place of a New Heroes banner have it all wrong. For a couple of reasons.

First, the way crossovers work in gacha is that the characters from a different world are only pullable for a limited amount of time. After that you lost them until they return. Plus they aren't involved with the main story. Functionally speaking, the only way for Heroes to do something like this with how the game works is to do a seasonal.

Plus, I think they are starting to scrap the bottomĀ of the barrel even with seasonals. All their cash cows already have an alt, and they received backlash from reusing the same cow multiple times (coffCamillacoffLyn). They are trying their best to patch the problem, what with giving seasonal banners even to older games like PoR and introducing completely new ones like Hot Springs, the seasonals need a breath of fresh air and one way to do it is to collab with another game.

If you didn't notice I am completely pro collab. I can understand the feelings of those who crave their faves, but I see things in a certain way since my first Smash Hype train.

Even if there is probably an incredible amount of people supporting minor characters like Captain Toad, I will always pick someone like Joker instead.

Probably way less people within the fandom itself would want him, but bringing a new franchise on board has lots of pros. Not only you get a fresh kind of content, since that series with its style wasn't there before, but you also may get new fansĀ CrossingĀ Over from the other fandom of the new guy. It's for the greater good.

Similarly, while I love all the characters from FE, and havingĀ to wait even just an additional banner for them is painful, the advantage of getting maybe actual legends (since they always use the main characters for crossovers) and their fans on board in this game is too hype to ignore.

You all know how much I love Tanith, but it they told me "you can have Tanith added right now, with other Tellius characters you like, or they can be all delayed to 2021 and you can have Saber from Fate, Katarina from GBF, Link from Zelda, freaking Hatsune Miku because why not, with Sephirot from Final Fantasy as a GHB" I would never choose Tanith. It would be foolish.

It's for the greater good. Personally I welcome our crossover overlords.

Edited by GrandeRampel

Thinking about the "seasonal crossover" idea: I don't know much about TMS#FE, but perhaps it'd be a candidate for a dancer banner? Or a singer banner, as the case may be.

Honestly I said my opinion on collabs before back before Hot Springs was revealed to be the worst banner ever:Ā  Everything in moderation, that includes collabs.Ā  A collab a year really isn't the end of the world.Ā  It's when they go completely crazy with it (like they do with seasonal alts) that it becomes a problem.Ā Ā 

And frankly, I'd rather have a collab than some of the already existant seasonals.Ā  At least its some new faces, and different than what FEH has done the past two years.Ā  Spice the game up a bit.Ā  Because frankly, this game is pretty boring a lot of the time.

I don't play Dragalia, but if this collab goes both ways, I'm not gonna complain.Ā  I'll just skip the banner and move on.Ā  If the collab was with a game I actually play, I'd probably pull though.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

10 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I think the people fearing that a cross over will take the place of a New Heroes banner have it all wrong. For a couple of reasons.

First, the way crossovers work in gacha is that the characters from a different world are only pullable for a limited amount of time. After that you lost them until they return. Plus they aren't involved with the main story. Functionally speaking, the only way for Heroes to do something like this with how the game works is to do a seasonal.

ONE.Ā I would happily take one of the regularly scheduled seasonal banners over a crossover banner. I'm playing this game forĀ Fire EmblemĀ characters andĀ Fire EmblemĀ characters in silly costumes.

TWO.Ā There is zero guarantee that they would replace a seasonal banner over a New Heroes banner, which is what the fear is. We already lost one of our 15 regularly scheduled New Heroes banners for this year to the onsen seasonal banner.

"The only way for HeroesĀ to do something like this with how the game works is to do a seasonal" doesn't mean that they have to replace a seasonal banner to implement it. They very well could and probably would replace a New Heroes banner in order to make space for a crossover banner.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

ONE.Ā I would happily take one of the regularly scheduled seasonal banners over a crossover banner. I'm playing this game forĀ Fire EmblemĀ characters andĀ Fire EmblemĀ characters in silly costumes.

TWO.Ā There is zero guarantee that they would replace a seasonal banner over a New Heroes banner, which is what the fear is. We already lost one of our 15 regularly scheduled New Heroes banners for this year to the onsen seasonal banner.

"The only way for HeroesĀ to do something like this with how the game works is to do a seasonal" doesn't mean that they have to replace a seasonal banner to implement it. They very well could and probably would replace a New Heroes banner in order to make space for a crossover banner.

Point one is fair game. After all everyone wants what they want. I'm just saying that I would want a crossover over another banner. I already said that my opinion may very well be the minority, with the example that the people who want Joker in Smash are in the minority compared to those who want Toad.

The second point is a legitimate fear, but the reason I think it may take the place of a seasonal is that the seasonals are supposed to be the banners who bring the big cash, with themĀ being time limited and having the big names on them with crazy good weapons and unit types. But they are running out of big names (while trying to avoid reapeats. And the big names from Genealogy don't count. They are too scared they would bomb), of unique types and probably even of ideas in general. The arrival of 3 Houses will certainly bring fresh air into seasonals, but until then they can replace a seasonal banner they don't have ideas for (or ideas that bring enough cash) with a crossover seasonal who will have at least a moderateĀ success by their standards just forĀ the novelty of it being the first crossover.

I could be way off, and maybe they have seasonals they are confident with planned for another full year. But that's the reason it's called an opinion. Of course I agree with my own opinion, doesn't mean you have to.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The highest-scoring character in CYL 3 that isn't an original character and isn't already in the game ranked 23rd (Louise), followed by 26th (Ranulf) and 37th (Haar). That's nowhere near scraping the bottom of the barrel. Popularity is more important for being a "must-have" than story relevance, which takes second seat.

Comparatively, the five characters released for the Binding Blade banner ranked 83rd (Idunn), 138th (Rutger), 208th (Lugh), 230th (Sue), and 309th (Thea).

Even if we go by story importance, we still have plenty of plot importance characters left.Ā  We still don't have the West's original Cav due of Kent or Sain or big bads like Nergal or Medeus.