FE Heroes x Dragalia Lost Colab Coming

Anacybele

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

It isn't, but you really need to watch out. Some of the reasons people die in co op is cause the attacks made keeps being so flashy that it actually covers Alfonse up.

Yeah... Veronica's attacks cover too much view

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

Is there any precedent for a potential character like Loki being added at the May 3rd date

I'd like to preemptively grind the right resource

No. There’s no precedent for Dragalia doing anything like that.

However, like I mentioned before, in Granblue events just like these are held where the first part of the event gives you a character and when the second one arrives you get another character.

The one I remember off the top of my head that did this was the Detective Conan collab where you got Conan on the first week and gave out Amuro on the second. Attack on Titan also did the same giving out Mikasa on first and Levi on the second week.

So the hope right now is that Dragalia does the same with Loki but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what Dragalia chooses to do.

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The only thing that bothers me is the case of there being the max valor points of 10 million. Geez, this event is ridiculous. And I thought the 1 million easter points was as bad as it got.

Eh, the way I see it is that 1 million is the last reward worth getting with everything after that just being extra. After all, once you get the Sunlight Stone the rewards just start alternating between consecrated water, rupies, fruit, eldwater, and clovers. I mean their really good rewards granted but I wouldn't be too miffed by not acquiring them all.

Oh, and the this event is significantly longer than the easter one too so you have more time to gather points anyway.

I know it's a few days into the event, but I finally mustered the interest to try summoning in DL again. If I got Marth, I'd start playing once more, if not, I wouldn't.

First I burnt through six Tenfolds, got on the first session (or it the second?) a 5* Sword, turned out to be some Light dude. Burnt through more, got Fjorm (who stands a chance of being used here, whereas she will never see the light of day in FEH for me). Used all 9 Single Summon Tickets, nothing of note. Started to resort the last resort- ~26000k of Wyrmite. Veronica came (who is the same as Fjorm), but as I despaired, Marthy Boy came to me eventually, with about 12k of Wyrmite left to spare!

I'm loving the absence of Wyrmprints from the summoning pool now. And having spent so much and not having played in so long, I got loads of new characters and dragons in the process. The one that interests me the most is this Prometheus guy, handsome, blazing, shirtless- he reminds me of the Touma who FEH will never give me. And he is a splendid counterpoint to all the sexy lady dragons. Promethus brought the fire to my heart, to be bound with him is a pleasing thought.

And here in this topic I see it said that 3* and 4* units got buffed, maybe the Light Staff I call "Lloyd Irving as a White Mage", he looks innocently cute, but I thought he was kinda weak being a 3*.

The change to daillies rewards combined with the 99 Skip Tickets I have should make the daily grind much quicker, and a bit less taxing on Stamina. I think I can start playing DL again in full. Even though I'll never likely get a level 80 unit or a 5* 3rd Tier weapon, it says something I find FEH so boring I can't be bothered to get most of my liked 5*s to 40. All the fun in FEH is in merely summoning and getting who I like, everything else is an obstacle to getting the resource for fun. DL is a little better for me, grind =/ fun, but DL does have a higher and more positive entertainment value.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First I burnt through six Tenfolds, got on the first session (or it the second?) a 5* Sword, turned out to be some Light dude. Burnt through more, got Fjorm (who stands a chance of being used here, whereas she will never see the light of day in FEH for me). Used all 9 Single Summon Tickets, nothing of note. Started to resort the last resort- ~26000k of Wyrmite. Veronica came (who is the same as Fjorm), but as I despaired, Marthy Boy came to me eventually, with about 12k of Wyrmite left to spare!

Very similar experience to mine, only mine was very close to full blown despair.

6 tenfold, 15 single, and 30k wyrmmite. 

Used them ALL, and got Fjorm and Veronica quickly enough. Marth only came at the VERY end. That month I spent, amassing my wyrmmite playing the game and story, all of it used. But I have no regrets. Got tons of characters and units, and eldwater too. I plan to maximize Marth with that.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All the fun in FEH is in merely summoning and getting who I like, everything else is an obstacle to getting the resource for fun. 

That is possibly my biggest issue. I feel little joy in playing the game and beating an enemy and more just want to get the prize. 

I hadn't played before, so I had nothing to lose by rerolling. I found a reroll guide, and as a new player with the current promotions, got access to 7,350 right away. After five attempts and quite a few hours downloading well over 10 GB on a slow connection, I was incredibly lucky and got all three Heroes. I got one 5* dragon too, some giant panda looking thing. Probably useful, I don't know yet.

The story isn't really any worse than Heroes, and is easier to follow since it's not broken up over a long period of time. Many of the story sections are separate from the actual battle, so you can watch them when you want, and you don't have to skip them if restarting a battle. There is a neat map for each chapter with optional side quests like some Fire Emblem games have. They give wyrmmite rewards (often 25) for just about everything including both stories and battles. (A single summon is 120, so 25 is equivalent to about 1 orb.) There are also very rare types of items that look like they count as generic merges for 5* dragons or for 5* items. (Max unbind/merge is +4, so you only need five copies and there are no IVs.)

I like the way they handle weapons and skills much better than in Heroes. You never have to sacrifice a character you like in order to make another stronger. Ironically, it's actually closer to a regular Fire Emblem game in that everything is reusable and swappable. I was disappointed that there are no cavalry or flying units (even with dragons...). Player units seem to move at the same speed, so I don't think they have armors either. I can definitely see improvements with new classes in the future. The playable characters are less serious than in most Fire Emblem games, which irks me somewhat. The  Fire Emblem Heroes units at least act like you'd expect though. The actual character design and style of most of the characters reminds me of the Shining Force series.

The forced player competition in nearly every mode of Fire Emblem Heroes is annoying. I want to fight an evil AI, not other players I have nothing against. Even the supposedly cooperative modes in Heroes like Grand Conquest still have ranking competition within the same team. Coop in Dragalia is a good experience. If you are having trouble completing something, you can just ask for help and get other players to join. This goes for pretty much any map, even the main story or their version of Tempest Trials. As far as I can tell, everyone gets a copy of all items found when complete, so there's no worry about someone grabbing something first. Since only the host has to spend single player stamina, there is a lot of incentive to join other players. Joining requires a separate coop type of stamina, but they give lots of that out.

There are a few things I don't like about the UI in both utility and performance, but they might fix some of those in time. The actual gameplay performance is fine, but I did turn all the settings down so I don't know if that matters. Gameplay has a Fire Emblem Warriors feel to it. Autobattle works surprisingly well, and on double speed is absolute chaos to watch. :lol: Overall, I like the turn-based gameplay and the simpler way unit stats are managed in Heroes. However, I like Dragalia's coop much, much better than the competitive modes in Heroes.

Edited by Tree

@Tree I agree with you opinion about Dragalia Lost. There are some points that the game needs to get better, but, overall, it's a pretty fun game.

The maps are good to play, co-op is enjoyable, I really enjoy the music and graphics, and the story isn't amazing, but it is ok. And I really like the Adventurers Stories, because they help to develop the characters.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm done summoning from this thing... and I won't be getting Fjorm.

So many sessions... I got Lily, one of the last normal summon characters I was missing, and was able to unbind like five dragons (one of them to max unbind from none prior), but not a single Fjorm... far as I'm concerned, the game is telling me I've no business summoning for her.

8 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

That is possibly my biggest issue. I feel little joy in playing the game and beating an enemy and more just want to get the prize. 

For me at least, there is some fun in tackling new maps, but when 99% of the content is the same maps recycled with random enemies filling certain buckets swapped in, it does get astoundingly dull.

So because I'm weak, I ended up going for Roni. Took a tenfold, ~7000 wrymite, and then a random ass single ticket to get her, but all in all, I'm very pleased with my luck. If they do pull some shit and make Loki or by some crazy chance Harle summonable next week, my wallet is theirs though. Along the way, got one or two dupe Marths (don't remember), a dupe Albert (so should've gone Louise on the Dream Summon :P), a bunch of dragons that let me max out some 4*s and a bunch of 3*s, several new 4* adventurers, and a bunch of eldwater. Though now I'm realizing I'm a bit more hesitant to use eldwater to promote people in case I want to spend it on WPs, though still a change I'll gladly accept. All in all, very happy with it even if I am a weak-willed fool.

I really ought to get around to training up some other of my adventurers I've been looking forward to, but I'm just having too much fun watching my Sword Bois (tm), go to town on auto. I'm also really digging Alfonse. He's not a game-breaker (a good thing IMO), but he's a lot of fun and can definitely hold his own. It's great that he actually feels relevant for once in his life, and again, looks so much more badass.

One other teeny, tiny gripe and it really is trivial. It'd be cool if they released Leiptr and Falchion as weapons like they did for Folkvangr, especially Leiptr. That thing looks sweet.

@Tree Just as a bit of a heads up, the wings do slow down somewhat significantly. Definitely make use of them while you're getting them fast. Don't make the same mistake I did and go a ton of levels where they just butt up against 99 and lose (I think?) all those extra games.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The maps are good to play, co-op is enjoyable, I really enjoy the music and graphics, and the story isn't amazing, but it is ok. And I really like the Adventurers Stories, because they help to develop the characters.

They should spread bosses out every few levels rather than put one at the end of almost every map. :P: At least they have a bit of variety. The maps are mostly maze type, so I hope they consider some other forms eventually. The game isn't that old yet, so things could change. The Heroes event characters got as much or more characterization than if they had been featured in a story chapter, paralogue, Tempest Trials, and Forging Bonds combined. Everyone gets five adventurer stories and the event characters are featured in the event stories too. Only the first half of the event story is out. This is assuming that we have half of the story left. I'm not sure how long these events actually are. Seeing Alfonse, Marth, Fjorm, and Veronica fight their way through hordes of monsters makes me wish we had some other enemy types in Heroes. Sacred Stones or even Awakening would provide the source material.

37 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

One other teeny, tiny gripe and it really is trivial. It'd be cool if they released Leiptr and Falchion as weapons like they did for Folkvangr, especially Leiptr. That thing looks sweet.

Yeah, I was really hoping those weapons would be added, but it doesn't look like they will. My only 5* weapon is Alfonse's sword (with one merge remaining). I don't have anything good to give the rest of the Heroes characters.

37 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Just as a bit of a heads up, the wings do slow down somewhat significantly. Definitely make use of them while you're getting them fast. Don't make the same mistake I did and go a ton of levels where they just butt up against 99 and lose (I think?) all those extra games.

I can't seem to use the wings up. :P: As soon as I try, both the regular stamina and the wings are refilled from a new player level. I guess as the player levels slow down, that may change. Is it always one wing per battle or is it sometimes more than one?

@Tree Yeah, the weapons take a while. Granted I've only been playing for about two months, but I just started being able to buy 5* weapons. As for wings, I think it caps at 2, but I can't say for certain.  And same, I remember that feeling which is what lulled me into not spending them :P

12 hours ago, Tree said:

The Heroes event characters got as much or more characterization than if they had been featured in a story chapter, paralogue, Tempest Trials, and Forging Bonds combined.

Except Marth. Shadow Dragon Marth was epic no matter what. And Alfonse is doing well in Book III so far, and Fjorm, well, least Forging Bonds is starting something at least.

Bleh. The only character I didn't want from this was Fjorm and I have pulled her four times with no sign of Marth or Veronica. I much prefer FEH's pulling system where you can at least choose a colour. You still might not get what you want, but at least you feel like you have more of a chance -.-

9 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Bleh. The only character I didn't want from this was Fjorm and I have pulled her four times with no sign of Marth or Veronica. I much prefer FEH's pulling system where you can at least choose a colour. You still might not get what you want, but at least you feel like you have more of a chance -.-

Unless the stupid color refuses to appear at all. Right Zelgius?

anyway, spent far more wyrmites than I wanted on this banner. About 20k or so, plus 4 tenfold, and about 30 regulars, but finally got Veronica. My FEH collection is complete, and feels good to save all those resources again in case an interesting banner comes later. I’m hoping for a good new dragon. I’m interested in a Kirin, or the water horse

10 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Oh yeah, so one thing I forgot to mention. This event reminded me badges actually exist. Like I straight up forgot they were a currency in Heroes.

It's funny that the badges are more useful in Dragalia Lost than in Heroes.

12 hours ago, Midnox said:

Unless the stupid color refuses to appear at all. Right Zelgius?

anyway, spent far more wyrmites than I wanted on this banner. About 20k or so, plus 4 tenfold, and about 30 regulars, but finally got Veronica. My FEH collection is complete, and feels good to save all those resources again in case an interesting banner comes later. I’m hoping for a good new dragon. I’m interested in a Kirin, or the water horse

I've spent so much more on this banner for stupid repeats >.< It's really putting me off the game 'cos the same thing happened when I tried for Sylas, too. I kept pulling the other person that didn't interest me at all - four times! I should've just saved for this banner but I'd probably just get more Fjorms -.-

On the plus side, I did get Prometheus, who was a dragon that interested me. He seems pretty cool :) It managed to keep me trying, at least. 

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Veronica's Trial isn't that hard. It's easier than Alfonse's.

How is it easier? Veronica has freaking Shadow Clones with those spamming Balls of darkness that keeps roaming the field while we have to take three enemies at once?

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

How is it easier? Veronica has freaking Shadow Clones with those spamming Balls of darkness that keeps roaming the field while we have to take three enemies at once?

When Veronica summons the two clones, she becomes invinsible until the two clones are defeated. Once you defeat the clones, she will automatic break, and then her life bar will drop super fast. You are able to defeat Veronica faster than Alfonse.

4 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

There’s a strength minimum to enter, I’m about 4,000 below it

Really, I didn't know it because I had some 3700 might allies in my team. Maybe I can create a party and invite you?