FE Heroes x Dragalia Lost Colab Coming

Anacybele

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Conecting to your previous post, I don't find a collab in this game the ultimate fanservice. In fact, I consider it the worst fanservice that they could give us. I'd even prefer Bride Camilla at this point. So, why should I be pleased to see characters from other franchises that at best I don´t care at all in FEH? At least alts are reskins using FE characters. 

At least, if they ever do a collab, I hope they put an option where you can see collab characters as FEH generics in Arena and those modes. 

Maybe I wasn't clear, so I apologize. I'll try to explain myself better. I wasn't saying that collaborations are the ultimate fanservice in this game in particular, but that they are the ultimate fanservice in general. And what is good in general is often good even when you go down to the specific cases.

Of course, just how there are people who dislike any form of fanservice, there are people who are against collabs. I'll make one example of a collab who I found amazing like many others did, but some people didn't like.

In Tekken 7, Akuma from Street Fighter and Noctis from Final Fantasy were added as guest fighters. It was amazing to see characters from other games fight against the stars of Tekken. But at the same time some people complained because many iconic and almost always present fighters from Tekken's history were absent, and of course they would prefer to have them back instead of characters from Final Fantasy. In the end, some of the more glaring holes (Armor King, Anna Williams) in the roster were filled via DLC.

The same thing is true for FEH. When the crossover characters will come (it's a matter of "when", not "if". We are in the age of collabs. Every game crosses over every other game) many will be happy, many will be unhappy, and in a month nobody will talk about it anymore.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

(it's a matter of "when", not "if". We are in the age of collabs. Every game crosses over every other game)

Fire Emblem: Warriors is a crossover game with zero collaboration content with any other game, and I'm glad it is that way.

Fate/Grand Order has collaboration content, but only with other Type-Moon IPs (all of the collaboration content is with other Fate works except the Kara no Kyoukai collab event), all of which exist in worlds with similar rules and mechanics, which make the content not jarring in the game's context.

Personally, this may come off as selfish, I don't mind if FEH doesn't have every single FE character in it. I have my favs sprinkled in every game but I simply don't care for the majority of FE characters. BB banner for example was hype for a lot of people but I didn't care about a single character except Idunn to a certain degree. Yes, I get excited with new banners but I would have been perfectly fine without the ones I'm not a big fan of. I'm still waiting for Xane but I've been enjoying the game without him so far. I'm just your average gamer who plays games for their own enjoyment and I happen to enjoy collabs, especially ones involving games/series I actively enjoy. I've been enjoying Dragalia since launch and the devs are generous and responsive to their players. The characters while at times simple have their own charm. It would be neat to see some of them in FEH.

10 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Personally, this may come off as selfish, I don't mind if FEH doesn't have every single FE character in it. I have my favs sprinkled in every game but I simply don't care for the majority of FE characters. BB banner for example was hype for a lot of people but I didn't care about a single character except Idunn to a certain degree. Yes, I get excited with new banners but I would have been perfectly fine without the ones I'm not a big fan of. I'm still waiting for Xane but I've been enjoying the game without him so far. I'm just your average gamer who plays games for their own enjoyment and I happen to enjoy collabs, especially ones involving games/series I actively enjoy. I've been enjoying Dragalia since launch and the devs are generous and responsive to their players. The characters while at times simple have their own charm. It would be neat to see some of them in FEH.

I agree with you.

FEH lends itself to have other worlds appearing. Dragalia, Zelda, Xenoblade... these would all be awesome.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

VAs were a mistake. Hire Intern-kun if they have to. S/he isn't getting paid. 

IS, I hereby apply to be paid $10 per character to do voice acting.

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

This is the current status of my favorite Type-Moon character in my NA FGO account:

Reveal hidden contents

UxLqPru.pngaCVVVtQ.pngS9PUZe6.png

Aside from the NP level (merge), which was basically just EX luck on my part, the maxing of the character was done with effort and time investment.  You can tell by looking at this that I love Iskandar a lot.  The character is a limited 5*, I rolled him in April 2018, maxing skills took until July while specifically holding off on using resources he needed for any other purpose than maxing him.  Maxing Bond took until mid-February. 

The appeal is just showing that I love the character.  

Oh my, that's a sexy Iskandar. I'd ask to partake, but my list is full right now. But yeah, I'm on a similar page with my Illya, save for the Bond because I just don't play enough.

Oh yeah, one of the other reasons I don't think we should get every FEH character is this: the pool sizes are already pretty bad. Imagine having all 700+ FE characters in the pool (assuming everyone gets their original forms and are then added to the pool). Having 150-200 people available per color isn't that appealing of a concept to me, who cares about certain units far more than others. Its not even like other gacha games, where units are locked to one rarity.

At least I know not to expect anything new from rolling a 3* Servant in F/GO, because I've been playing long enough to get them all (and they have a non-premium currency gacha that gives out 3*s too). But even then, the total 3* pool in F/GO isn't that big. On Global, there's only 35 units in the 3\* pool. If I want to roll for, say, Euryale, I'd have a relatively decent chance of getting her after a while, even without a rate-up, since I can pull her from most banners and always from the Friend Point gacha (non-premium).

But lets assume every character is in FEH, and I'm rolling for Rolf, a 3-4* colorless archer. If we assume that the colorless pool is on the small end (150 characters), and that of those 150, about half are 5* locked. That's 75 characters available in just the 3-4* colorless pool. I have a 1/75 chance of rolling Rolf, assuming, of course, that I not only am rolling a colorless gem (which don't always show up), and that I rolled a 3-4*, not a 5*. Trying to search for a unit you care about would be even more hell than the FEH gacha already is. The only way to boost your chances is with a rate-up, and Rolf isn't going to have rate-ups very often when cycling through 700 units roughly 4 at a time.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

And end up with Mega Man 8 / Mega Man X4 tier voice acting? Yeah, that’d be a hard pass from me.

I was thinking more Baten Kaitos: EWatLO, which is say recorded 100 feet under the sea. (Or better, just have the artists and the nearest English teacher in their family do it. Few things say "so bad it's good, and cheap" like using a non-native English speaker to do English VAs.)

And would it matter to you if it's being used on mostly filler and unpopular units? Does it matter if Guy sounds awful, if they also happen to be a source of 4* Swift Sparrow 2? Their few fans would be hard-pressed into accepting them, knowing they couldn't get better and should be fortunate they are even around.

1 hour ago, ChickenBits said:

Yes, I get excited with new banners but I would have been perfectly fine without the ones I'm not a big fan of.

Isn't that true of well, everyone? In that case, how would FEH appeal to well, everyone

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And would it matter to you if it's being used on mostly filler and unpopular units? Does it matter if Guy sounds awful, if they also happen to be a source of 4* Swift Sparrow 2? Their few fans would be hard-pressed into accepting them, knowing they couldn't get better and should be fortunate they are even around.

First off, Guy isn't even a good example here.  He was 13th among the 51 FE7 characters in CYL3 so he isn't even close to the Dolph and Macellan types.

To actually answer that first question, yes it would because I (and most other players I'd imagine) expect a certain level of quality from IS when it comes to things like the art and voice acting. They should either give every character the same basic treatment concerning assets like art and voice acting, or don't put particular characters in the game at all if they're going to intentionally half-ass them and allow their noticeably inferior assets to drag down the entire product.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

First off, Guy isn't even a good example here.  He was 13th among the 51 FE7 characters in CYL3 so he isn't even close to the Dolph and Macellan types.

To actually answer that first question, yes it would because I (and most other players I'd imagine) expect a certain level of quality from IS when it comes to things like the art and voice acting. They should either give every character the same basic treatment concerning assets like art and voice acting, or don't put particular characters in the game at all if they're going to intentionally half-ass them and allow their noticeably inferior assets to drag down the entire product.

I guess I should've stuck with Shiva then (or Samuel or Troude), but I changed it to Guy for some reason. I was just trying to think of someone who seems Swift Sparrow-y in appearance/class/character, and not readily popular.

And here I must admit that I'm not fond of almost any FEH artwork, finding it irrationally inferior to the original official art for each respective game. And that I'm not the biggest fan of VAs either, playing with them off for this game (as I did with Fates and SoV too), even if I usually leave them on elsewhere. Therefore I'm admittedly not the best person to pose such a question.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess I should've stuck with Shiva then (or Samuel or Troude), but I changed it to Guy for some reason. I was just trying to think of someone who seems Swift Sparrow-y in appearance/class/character, and not readily popular.

Or if you wanted to stick with a 7 character, Geitz would’ve been a perfect example of a hopelessly unpopular character, along with Renault and young Bartre.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Or if you wanted to stick with a 7 character, Geitz would’ve been a perfect example of a hopelessly unpopular character, along with Renault and young Bartre.

None of them would be likely to have Swift Sparrow as a default skill, though.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

None of them would be likely to have Swift Sparrow as a default skill, though.

Yes I realize that, but then IO could just change the skill to something that’d make more sense like one of the Atk Waves.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm one of those rare Geitz fans. Why not use Wallace instead? And Renault would be great if they had him ditch the Staff for an Axe, he was a former mercenary able to punch Young Bartre into collapsing.

And it was just a little hypothetical example. Skills and characters don't really matter. The point was trying to be made was most wouldn't care if a character had a poor art and VA and was unpopular if they made for good fodder. Swift Sparrow only came to mind because I thought I heard 14 characters already have it, yet none save Naesala, for whom one needs Grails, are below 5*. And it wouldn't be as overpowering as throwing I dunno, Bold Fighter in the 4* pool.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes I realize that, but then IO could just change the skill to something that’d make more sense like one of the Atk Waves.

The Atk Waves aren't really as generally useful as a skill like Swift Sparrow is, though. There just aren't that many skills that are as valuable as Swift Sparrow that also have a decent likelihood of actually being available at 4-star rarity without promotion in the future.

16 hours ago, alatartheblue42 said:

Oh yeah, one of the other reasons I don't think we should get every FEH character is this: the pool sizes are already pretty bad. Imagine having all 700+ FE characters in the pool (assuming everyone gets their original forms and are then added to the pool). Having 150-200 people available per color isn't that appealing of a concept to me, who cares about certain units far more than others. Its not even like other gacha games, where units are locked to one rarity.

Even now, I’d say the pool is in need of a proper clean-up. The demotions were nice, but only moved the bloat to the 3-4* pool. 

16 hours ago, alatartheblue42 said:

At least I know not to expect anything new from rolling a 3* Servant in F/GO, because I've been playing long enough to get them all (and they have a non-premium currency gacha that gives out 3*s too). But even then, the total 3* pool in F/GO isn't that big. On Global, there's only 35 units in the 3\* pool. If I want to roll for, say, Euryale, I'd have a relatively decent chance of getting her after a while, even without a rate-up, since I can pull her from most banners and always from the Friend Point gacha (non-premium).

It’s downright weird Heroes doesn’t have a non-premium gacha when it (probably) has more units than F/GO. Hell, Langrisser had one at launch, with less than 40 units available.

Hmm. With the talk about the viability of having every playable character in Heroes, I'm curious about how far each game is from having half of its characters in Heroes.

I remember someone running the numbers on fraction of playable cast for each game, and I'm curious where they stand right now. Awakening/Fates/Echoes are the highest, right? I know they're all above 50%, but I forget if any others are.

Edited by Othin

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

It’s downright weird Heroes doesn’t have a non-premium gacha when it (probably) has more units than F/GO. Hell, Langrisser had one at launch, with less than 40 units available.

Quite an interesting thought,
FEH could possibly spark a lot interest from a non-premium gacha that carries 2-3* characters. (Rank depending if they want feathers farm-able or not.)

24 minutes ago, Puzzle044 said:

Quite an interesting thought,
FEH could possibly spark a lot interest from a non-premium gacha that carries 2-3* characters. (Rank depending if they want feathers farm-able or not.)

I feel like people often overestimate the relevance of rarities to fleshing out new ideas. The difference between a 1* and a 4* is a trivial amount of resources to upgrade them: for practical purposes, they may as well be the same. Even the difference between a 4* and a 5* is only like a week's worth of feathers.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Hmm. With the talk about the viability of having every playable character in Heroes, I'm curious about how far each game is from having half of its characters in Heroes.

I remember someone running the numbers on fraction of playable cast for each game, and I'm curious where they stand right now. Awakening/Fates/Echoes are the highest, right? I know they're all above 50%, but I forget if any others are.

That'd be me. Even though it has fallen several pages behind due to me not new posting because otherwise it'd be just ten of mine in a row, I still update this topic of statistics (Yune will be added to the list when the next NH comes, the topic is a little cumbersome to edit for a single character) as new characters are released.

To provide you with its percentages and the numbers, in order from highest percentage to lowest:

1. Fates- 65.22% (45/69). Corrin and Kana are counted twice, once for each sex- I do this for Robin, Morgan, and Kris too, not counting Charlotte or Anna.
  2. Awakening- 56.86% (29/51). Not counting Noire, Laslow, or Selena.
  3. Shadows of Valentia- 52.63% (20/38) with the Cipher Quartet, without them it is 58.82%. Which is actually higher than Awakening.
  4. Blazing Blade- 43.18% (19/44). Bartre is not counted as included- since he is a very different character sans stache.
  5. Sacred Stones- 33.33% (11/33). Not including the Trial Map characters, this applies to PoR and Binding as well.
  6. Archanea- 31.71% (26/82)
  7. Binding Blade- 29.63% (16/54). Karel is not counted as included, just as I didn't Bartre.
  8. Genealogy of the Holy War- 29.03% (18/62). That is counting the 14 Subs, not counting it is 37.5% (18/48), which moves this to 5th place. Does not count Finn twice, even though he matured between Gens 1 and 2 visually speaking. Counting Finn as Gen 1 only, we have 50% of Gen 1 (12/24), and 25% of Gen 2 (6/24).
  9. Tellius- 23.29% (17/73). I just took the 72 sans Black Knight of RD, and added Largo. Does not count PoR and RD Ikes and Sothes separately, even though you certainly could.
  10. Thracia 776- 9.62% (5/52). Any sense of surprise? It has less than half of Tellius's representation, and three of its five are shared with Genealogy, only Saias and Olwen aren't. We haven't even a single canonical Green from it yet.

So it is wholly possible that within the year that Blazing Blade will get to 50%. It has a roster on the smaller side and just needs a single banner to hit 50%, it wouldn't even matter if they went back to 3 new characters (but let's assume 4 for all cases to be described below). Everything has no shot on a single banner of doing the same. They would need:

• Sacred Stones needs 2 banners. 
  • Binding Blade would need 3 banners. 
  • Genealogy would need 4 banners with Subs, or 3 less if it had even one playable character GHB. Without Subs it'd need only 2 banners (or 1 if they gave us a TT + PC GHB again- but I doubt that).
  • Archanea needs 4, or 3 with three playable character GHBs.
  • Tellius would need 4 banners.
  • Thracia would need 5 banners, or 4 with even one PC GHB (50000 Gold for Galzus provide that). 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That'd be me. Even though it has fallen several pages behind due to me not new posting because otherwise it'd be just ten of mine in a row, I still update this topic of statistics (Yune will be added to the list when the next NH comes, the topic is a little cumbersome to edit for a single character) as new characters are released.

To provide you with its percentages and the numbers, in order from highest percentage to lowest:

1. Fates- 65.22% (45/69). Corrin and Kana are counted twice, once for each sex- I do this for Robin, Morgan, and Kris too, not counting Charlotte or Anna.
  2. Awakening- 56.86% (29/51). Not counting Noire, Laslow, or Selena.
  3. Shadows of Valentia- 52.63% (20/38) with the Cipher Quartet, without them it is 58.82%. Which is actually higher than Awakening.
  4. Blazing Blade- 43.18% (19/44). Bartre is not counted as included- since he is a very different character sans stache.
  5. Sacred Stones- 33.33% (11/33). Not including the Trial Map characters, this applies to PoR and Binding as well.
  6. Archanea- 31.71% (26/82)
  7. Binding Blade- 29.63% (16/54). Karel is not counted as included, just as I didn't Bartre.
  8. Genealogy of the Holy War- 29.03% (18/62). That is counting the 14 Subs, not counting it is 37.5% (18/48), which moves this to 5th place. Does not count Finn twice, even though he matured between Gens 1 and 2 visually speaking. Counting Finn as Gen 1 only, we have 50% of Gen 1 (12/24), and 25% of Gen 2 (6/24).
  9. Tellius- 23.29% (17/73). I just took the 72 sans Black Knight of RD, and added Largo. Does not count PoR and RD Ikes and Sothes separately, even though you certainly could.
  10. Thracia 776- 9.62% (5/52). Any sense of surprise? It has less than half of Tellius's representation, and three of its five are shared with Genealogy, only Saias and Olwen aren't. We haven't even a single canonical Green from it yet.

So it is wholly possible that within the year that Blazing Blade will get to 50%. It has a roster on the smaller side and just needs a single banner to hit 50%, it wouldn't even matter if they went back to 3 new characters (but let's assume 4 for all cases to be described below). Everything has no shot on a single banner of doing the same. They would need:

• Sacred Stones needs 2 banners. 
  • Binding Blade would need 3 banners. 
  • Genealogy would need 4 banners with Subs, or 3 less if it had even one playable character GHB. Without Subs it'd need only 2 banners (or 1 if they gave us a TT + PC GHB again- but I doubt that).
  • Archanea needs 4, or 3 with three playable character GHBs.
  • Tellius would need 4 banners.
  • Thracia would need 5 banners, or 4 with even one PC GHB (50000 Gold for Galzus provide that). 

Thanks, lot of interesting stuff!

Archanea is lower than I'd thought. It has a lot of characters in the game, but also has the largest total roster, including most of the particularly minor characters. Could be interesting to look at a further breakdown that accounts for which game the characters were introduced in, as well.

The Genealogy numbers are also very interesting. I think it's best to ignore the subs, and counting the generations separately is also helpful. I hadn't realized Gen 1 was at 50% (sort of), but yeah, it's just that small. Or that Gen 1 alone has more than Sacred Stones, as long as you count Finn. Gen 2 is quite low, it could use more attention sometime.

We've gotten three PC GHBs in a row so far, so they don't seem very rare these days. I think Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, and Genealogy Gen 2 could all feasibly hit the 50% mark in the next... year and a half, maybe? That'll be interesting to keep an eye on. I also wonder how long it'll take Three Houses to do it.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Archanea is lower than I'd thought. It has a lot of characters in the game, but also has the largest total roster, including most of the particularly minor characters. Could be interesting to look at a further breakdown that accounts for which game the characters were introduced in, as well.

For Archanea:

• Everyone who is in FEH is from the War of the Shadows for their introduction, the exceptions being Sheena, Luke, Roderick, and Katarina- who with Legion and Clarisse (not counted as PCs) are specifically New Mystery (and the two Krises and Eremiyah). So 6 characters of the 26 are not-SD.
  • Athena is the only Shadow Dragon addition in. They total to be 7: Frey, Norne, Athena, Horace, Etzel, Ymir, and Nagi.
  • None of the BS FE/Archanean Chronicle characters have yet come. They number 6: Dice, Malice, Frost, Roberto, Leiden, and Belf.
  • Michalis was first playable in NM, but given he was cast as a GHB, I think they aimed for his War of Shadows self in FEH.
  • Looking at FE3 Book 2, its new playable additions were: Cecil, Luke, Rody, Ryan, Marisha, Warren, Yuliya, Jubelo, Sirius, Samuel, Phina, Arlen, Sheena, and Nyna-  14 characters. Although Nyna was obviously introduced in the War of Shadows and has .33 of chapters of use, so you might as well not count her.

For Tellius as a side note, everyone made a PoR debut. The exceptions being Micaiah and Nailah; you could certainly say Sothe is RD-centric, Zelgius too, and Leanne was notably in PoR, but not playable. Oliver is another possible exception, being introduced and more important in PoR, but not playable in that game, and his GHB is based I believe on RD 4-4's layout- his mansion. RD added 23 new PCs sans RD Sothe, including those first introduced in PoR but were not playable (without them it is 17 full originals in number). Also, I forgot to mention I counted for readily apparent reasons Devdan and Danved as one- though it'd be a miracle if even one of them got in.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

The Genealogy numbers are also very interesting. I think it's best to ignore the subs

I agree here. And I think they will, the Barrier Blade Silvia got was obtainable only with Laylea. The cynic in me says the cute girls of the Subs might stand a slim chance, but again, Silvia stealing the Barrier Blade and Lene getting her mother's Safeguard suggests otherwise to me. At least this means Berserk for Caipre- if he stood any chance of coming. But there are better guys to pick from Gen 2.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I also wonder how long it'll take Three Houses to do it.

This depends I think on how they treat it in FEH.

At the start of FEH, the only SoV characters in were the Whitewings- shared with Archanea. Then 4 came in April, then another 4 in May, followed by 7 (and Berkut) in July, and then Clive in August. In total, April-August without anyone in June brought us 16 of the 20 characters. After August 2017, only Kliff has come.

I pick SoV because it was released after FEH was released, the only game to be so prior to 3H. If 3H has the same planned gusto as SoV, we could get four full teams' worth very quickly.

However, I expect 3H will be bigger than 34 in size, delaying its reaching of 50%. How much bigger I don't know. Not Fates 69 in size, that was because of it being two games' roster in one grand package, alleviated somewhat by some shared characters. Individually, they're 40-41 in size, and Revelation is only 64 if you don't double up the Corrins and Kanas. Awakening's 51 or the high 40s sounds feasible, maybe a little lower if they emphasize character writing quality and gameplay customizability over quantity. Ironman is no longer the assumed mindset of FE, the 9 Cavs of War of the Shadows and 7 Cavs of Binding are no longer needed (PoR's 6 is only because they wanted to give one of each unpromoted Weapon Knights).

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For Archanea:

• Everyone who is in FEH is from the War of the Shadows for their introduction, the exceptions being Sheena, Luke, Roderick, and Katarina- who with Legion and Clarisse (not counted as PCs) are specifically New Mystery (and the two Krises and Eremiyah). So 6 characters of the 26 are not-SD.
  • Athena is the only Shadow Dragon addition in. They total to be 7: Frey, Norne, Athena, Horace, Etzel, Ymir, and Nagi.
  • None of the BS FE/Archanean Chronicle characters have yet come. They number 6: Dice, Malice, Frost, Roberto, Leiden, and Belf.
  • Michalis was first playable in NM, but given he was cast as a GHB, I think they aimed for his War of Shadows self in FEH.
  • Looking at FE3 Book 2, its new playable additions were: Cecil, Luke, Rody, Ryan, Marisha, Warren, Yuliya, Jubelo, Sirius, Samuel, Phina, Arlen, Sheena, and Nyna-  14 characters. Although Nyna was obviously introduced in the War of Shadows and has .33 of chapters of use, so you might as well not count her.

For Tellius as a side note, everyone made a PoR debut. The exceptions being Micaiah and Nailah; you could certainly say Sothe is RD-centric, Zelgius too, and Leanne was notably in PoR, but not playable. Oliver is another possible exception, being introduced and more important in PoR, but not playable in that game, and his GHB is based I believe on RD 4-4's layout- his mansion. RD added 23 new PCs sans RD Sothe, including those first introduced in PoR but were not playable (without them it is 17 full originals in number). Also, I forgot to mention I counted for readily apparent reasons Devdan and Danved as one- though it'd be a miracle if even one of them got in.

I agree here. And I think they will, the Barrier Blade Silvia got was obtainable only with Laylea. The cynic in me says the cute girls of the Subs might stand a slim chance, but again, Silvia stealing the Barrier Blade and Lene getting her mother's Safeguard suggests otherwise to me. At least this means Berserk for Caipre- if he stood any chance of coming. But there are better guys to pick from Gen 2.

This depends I think on how they treat it in FEH.

At the start of FEH, the only SoV characters in were the Whitewings- shared with Archanea. Then 4 came in April, then another 4 in May, followed by 7 (and Berkut) in July, and then Clive in August. In total, April-August without anyone in June brought us 16 of the 20 characters. After August 2017, only Kliff has come.

I pick SoV because it was released after FEH was released, the only game to be so prior to 3H. If 3H has the same planned gusto as SoV, we could get four full teams' worth very quickly.

However, I expect 3H will be bigger than 34 in size, delaying its reaching of 50%. How much bigger I don't know. Not Fates 69 in size, that was because of it being two games' roster in one grand package, alleviated somewhat by some shared characters. Individually, they're 40-41 in size, and Revelation is only 64 if you don't double up the Corrins and Kanas. Awakening's 51 or the high 40s sounds feasible, maybe a little lower if they emphasize character writing quality and gameplay customizability over quantity. Ironman is no longer the assumed mindset of FE, the 9 Cavs of War of the Shadows and 7 Cavs of Binding are no longer needed (PoR's 6 is only because they wanted to give one of each unpromoted Weapon Knights).

So 82 total, 14 introduced in FE3, 6 introduced in BSFE, 7 introduced in FE11, and... how many in FE12? Just Kris and Michalis for actually (main-story) playable ones, or any others as well?

40-ish sounds reasonable for Three Houses to me. I think a similar start to SOV is likely: three banners in the later half of 2019, each focusing on a different house.

Edited by Othin

6 hours ago, Othin said:

I feel like people often overestimate the relevance of rarities to fleshing out new ideas. The difference between a 1* and a 4* is a trivial amount of resources to upgrade them: for practical purposes, they may as well be the same. Even the difference between a 4* and a 5* is only like a week's worth of feathers.

Indeed, rarities generally don't matter all that much; however I wasn't talking about upgrading units, but rather sending them home.
With the concept of a non-premium gacha, it also opens the gate to an another source of feathers via the Send Home feature.
Considering how 3* heroes give 150 feathers and 2* give 10, I would say rarity becomes rather relevant in that case.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

So 82 total, 14 introduced in FE3, 6 introduced in BSFE, 7 introduced in FE11, and... how many in FE12? Just Kris and Michalis for actually (main-story) playable ones, or any others as well?

Katarina as I said, but that is it. New Mystery's bloated roster was less because of new characters, as it was adding back everyone who went missing/unplayable without a canonical explanation back in FE3 Book 2 (and yet they gave us the full Wolfguard, but no Gotoh for some reason), and then adding the BSers, and the 11ers.

New Mystery has 77 characters before double-counting Kris, which brings it to 78. But Jagen, Gotoh, Hardin, and Boah don't return playable in the War of Heroes, so we add them. Thus 82.

Ye olde FE1 had 52 playable characters. 52 + 14 + 6 + 7 + 3 = 82. ...Wait, did I miscount then by leaving out Michalis or not double-counting Kris? Darned! It's 83! :>_<:

...As you can tell, if you see any errors on my statistic page, tell me. It isn't perfect when I have to count so many, I forgot Tailtiu and Oliver were added in until very recently. And I remember you counted Sword Infantry in FEH when Rutger was added, with your number a little higher than mine.

Edit list:

Unfortunately, I can't go back and edit my one post. It only lowers Archanea's percentage by a few tenths of one-percent though, affecting nothing. It does mean we need 4 full banners though to 50%.

And did I miscount Thracia by 1? Typing all the names into a list puts it at 51. I will correct this later. But still, only 9.8% at the moment, at least it means it only needs 4 banners to hit 50%.

Without Merlinus, it looks like Binding Blade is 52 typing up a list. I'm a mess!:sob: Recalculating! 30.77%.

Now doing Blazing Sword. It looks like I counted Merlinus, who I doubt would ever fight in FEH, nonetheless, the number is accurate with Merlinus in, so b/c laziness, I'll leave him in.

Another hairline miscount! PoR is only 46, not 47, thus dropping RD + Largo by one to 72. Now 23.61%. Tiny difference.

Looks like I undercounted Fates by 1, Anna makes 70.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer