FE Heroes x Dragalia Lost Colab Coming

Anacybele

On 3/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, Coolmanio said:

I agree with you.

FEH lends itself to have other worlds appearing. Dragalia, Zelda, Xenoblade... these would all be awesome.

They could have done a Smash tie-in or something. What a missed opportunity. Oh well, if DL is coming p, a Zelda one may do so one day, specially since they’re starting to give English voices to their characters 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Even now, I’d say the pool is in need of a proper clean-up. The demotions were nice, but only moved the bloat to the 3-4* pool. 

I mean, I'd still prefer having demotions to over half the gacha units being 5*, but I agree that even the current 3-4* pool being rather large.

14 hours ago, Baldrick said:

It’s downright weird Heroes doesn’t have a non-premium gacha when it (probably) has more units than F/GO. Hell, Langrisser had one at launch, with less than 40 units available.

Oh, Global F/GO currently has 162. JP F/GO has 239 since its release July 30, 2015. Now, admittedly, F/GO has an entirely different method of releasing units than FEH, given that it has to create them fresh rather than having an existing 700+ units, and the gameplay is a whole different concept, but it is definitely weird that with all these units, there's only one gacha available in FEH and it contains the entire pool (well, save seasonal) of units.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:55 AM, Ice Dragon said:

We already acquire Sacred Coins fast enough to upgrade all of the commonly used seals plus a decent number of additional seals of our choice. Adding a way to acquire more Sacred Coins (1) gives players the option to max out the seals that are weak or rarely used and (2) gives players who missed out on previous Sacred Coins and Sacred Seals the option to make up for the difference. Maxing out weak or rarely used seals does not contribute significantly to player power, and the players that stand the most to gain from this are the players that missed out on earlier Sacred Seals because not only do they have fewer Sacred Coins available to upgrade the seals that they do have, but they also need to spend more of those fewer Sacred Coins that they have on crafting seals that they missed.

Divine Dew is similarly not in a position where giving players more access to it significantly increases player power. Players who have been active since Divine Dew was implemented should have enough Dew to refine weapons one quarter to one third as quickly as they are implemented, which is sufficiently fast enough to upgrade the weapons for multiple teams. Adding more availability for Divine Dew doesn't really add to player power so much as it (1) adds to the diversity of a player's barracks and (2) encourages experimentation with customizing builds, which is what this game should be promoting, not restricting.

Heroic Grails allow players to have more easy access to +10 units, but the number of Grails needed to do so is a staggering amount. Furthermore, Grail-purchasable units are in limited supply, as you can only buy 20 of each unit before the store is sold out. As long as the number of Grails obtained per farming run is kept well-balanced, I don't see this being a problem in any way. If players want to spend more time to acquire more copies of free units, I think they should be allowed to do so, and I don't think players getting access to more copies of free units puts players who don't grind at a noticeable disadvantage.

Dragonflowers require you to spend a huge pile of them to gain a paltry +1 to each stat that doesn't even count towards Arena scoring. Hardly gamebreaking in the least if we get more access to them.

Furthermore, as shown with your hypothetical orb example, you seem to think that being able to double your normal monthly acquisition rate is reasonable for grinding output, but unreasonable for player balance. Either that, or you were deliberately picking a value that large so that you should show how absurd it could be.

The amount that is reasonable depends on the resource. Sacred Coins and Divine Dew, which do not contribute heavily to player power after a reaching the point where it plateaus, I think could be allowed to be grindable at an amount to double or triple the normal monthly acquisition rate, perhaps with even a bonus on top of that for players that return without logging in for a while as a catch-up mechanic.

Heroic Grails and Dragonflowers do not contribute much to player power, but also take a very long time to plateau in its contributions, so having a grinding acquisition rate of 50% the normal monthly acquisition rate seems to be reasonable.

I many times come home from work tired and mentally drained and would like to do something brainless. Reading is not brainless enough of an activity for me, especially when I'm doing so in Japanese. Grinding is pretty brainless and gives me a sense of actual measurable progress towards some goal.

And being able to have progress like this simply feels better than staring at the screen and realizing there is literally nothing to do in the game that gets me anywhere.

Furthermore, Stamina is so worthless in this game (due to the gigantic supply of restores with very little content that actually uses Stamina) that I don't feel at all compelled to use Stamina at all, even when it is capped. Contrast this with F/GO where AP, the equivalent of Stamina, is a very valuable resource due to farming nodes costing a significant amount of AP to run and restoration items being in much lower supply relative to AP costs.

It is difficult to do non-brainless tasks when I am not feeling up to using my brain. I use it enough at work and often want to relax at home.

There are a ton of seals, however many of them are beneficial not weak.  Fortress def, fortress res, hardy bearing, phantom speed, there are so many seals one would like to have upgraded all the way.  If one wanted to optimize Arena assault they would want 28 seals upgraded to maximum, and besides that having more seals allows ones units to function in a larger variety of ways.  

Dragonflowers give more stats.  +1 could be the difference between doubling and not, or getting doubled.  It could get a kill, or allow one to survive a blow, or prevent panick status.  2.5 merges.  Infantry get a sweet +2 to stats which is a big boost, 5 merges right?  The difference between a zero merged unit and a +5 is pretty big.  

Divine dew.  Refines often majorly help character performance, so they are often a big deal.  Being able to do more of these allows a more powerful barracks, quite a few of the refines are fairly creative as well so can help in specific situations.  

Grails, we have a whole competitive PVP mode based on getting this resource.  Being able to +10 Winter Cecilia or other Eliwood, or Aversa for AR and other modes, much easier is huge.  Merges matter for arena scoring as well.

My stance against grinding is grounded in this.  Many games punish players mightily and put tons of pressure to grind daily tasks or whatever or else fall behind.  It forces many players to play against their will or else 'miss out'.  That is a terrible feeling and sucks in the times and lives of many like a tedious unholy vortex.  It is bad enough that we are forced to play AR near every day to get the 5 daily rewards and make sure not waste aether.  

On 3/28/2019 at 7:00 PM, alatartheblue42 said:

Yes, FE games are good. I enjoy them a lot, and I think I should go find some people who share my interest, so that we can discuss it and things related to it. Wait...

I can grind Hero Merit on every unit, but why would I? Just because I don't dislike Oboro (example), that doesn't mean I have any reason to go to the effort of getting her to max HM. The rewards aren't exactly important either. We get feathers in a steady enough supply for many purposes. Likewise, I could build every unit in my barracks to their ultimate ideal, but I don't have the orbs for the best skills, and again, what's the point of raising up literally everyone? Its not as if we gain inspiring insight into their world. 

I haven't yet done all the heroic ordeals;  my overall interest in FEH is insufficient to motivate me for something like that when I could play something else or consider doing my homework. Chain challenge, yes. Squad assault, near yes. Grandmaster challenges, also near yes.

Feathers are only important for promoting units, be it for +10ing or for SI. Many of the units that I actually like are 5\* locked, so it doesn't help for +10ing them. Most of the skills that would be useful to me are either a) available on a 4\*, or b) locked to a nat 5\*. Sacred Coins don't really make a difference. I may not have completed all the seals yet, but I've completed all the ones I'm likely to ever use. Of course orbs make a difference, but nobody in their right mind would think that the premium currency of a gacha game would be actually farmable.

You can almost guarantee that however much you like, and I could do the same for the side of "they'd only replace a seasonal banner". But do you know the best part? We'd both be wrong. IS are the only ones that know which banners they have planned, and they're the ones who control the game. Its not like they were making their schedule, created a Thracia banner intended for February, showed it to everyone and said "look how pretty Rein alt 3 is", said "fuck it, let's do an onsen banner instead", and threw the hard drives with the contents of the Thracia banner into the nearest volcano. They can't take away something they never gave us in the first place. If there was never intended to be a new hero banner there, then there just wasn't going to be a new hero banner there, regardless of if anything else is planned for that time period.

I'm also not sure why people say the Onsen banner replaced a New Heroes banner anyway. Isn't roughly one New Hero banner every month the norm? (this isn't criticism, just actual confusion).

I mean Heroic ordeals are at least unique maps, if we got new additional grindable content it would likely be mindless and monotonous the same or similar thing over and over.  I've gone over already why those resources are valuable (feathers, coins).  As for what banner would be replaced, yes none of us can know for sure, but if you were going to place a bet you really think they would cut a seasonal banner, the golden goose of gacha games, or do you think they would cut a new hero banner?

On 3/29/2019 at 11:55 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

You don't even need to grind that much to do well in FGO outside main story releases and the current JP event (which isn't really grindy, just has a lot of loading for no reason that makes it slow and tedious), just empty your AP bar twice a day.  It takes ~3 runs of a 40 AP node (the usual cost for the most efficient node) to empty the bar.  You don't have to clear shop every event.  

As to why I want a MEANINGFUL grind...

This is the current status of my favorite Type-Moon character in my NA FGO account:

Reveal hidden contents

UxLqPru.pngaCVVVtQ.pngS9PUZe6.png

Aside from the NP level (merge), which was basically just EX luck on my part, the maxing of the character was done with effort and time investment.  You can tell by looking at this that I love Iskandar a lot.  The character is a limited 5*, I rolled him in April 2018, maxing skills took until July while specifically holding off on using resources he needed for any other purpose than maxing him.  Maxing Bond took until mid-February. 

The appeal is just showing that I love the character.  

Meanwhile, this is what one of my tied for second favorite (as #1 isn't in the game yet) FE characters looks like in Heroes.

Reveal hidden contents

4pJ3fv1.png

There's not a whole lot I can do to improve this without surrendering to the gacha.  I can stuff her with more Dragonflowers, but those do hardly anything: there's too much asked for too little reward.  There is nothing special my little FTP self can do to the Micaiah to make her stand out.  No amount of time and effort can I put in to show my love of Micaiah like I could with Iskandar.  

That's why I want something to grind, anyway.  I want to pull the focus of character strengthening off of gacha and luck and onto my own effort.  

You can +10 your Micaiah and put a bunch of various expensive skillsets on her as well as put her on a team where she can reach max potential.  You can also summoner support her, since we can only do one unit it really shows who one favors.  

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

You can +10 your Micaiah and put a bunch of various expensive skillsets on her as well as put her on a team where she can reach max potential.  You can also summoner support her, since we can only do one unit it really shows who one favors.  

Read what I said again.  I said WITHOUT surrendering to the gacha.  Both merging and SI are completely dependent on the gacha.  And this is even more prominent as Micaiah is a 5* only.  That is the problem with FEH unit strengthening compared to FGO.  With FGO the only portion of unit strengthening affected by the gacha is the relatively insignificant outside 3 turning strats NP level, things that are independent of getting lucky beyond getting the character once like Skill levelling and levelling are far more relevant to overall unit strength.  

And Micaiah is tied with Roy for my second favorite, and I can't summoner support both at once no matter how much time I play. 

8 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Read what I said again.  I said WITHOUT surrendering to the gacha.  Both merging and SI are completely dependent on the gacha.  And this is even more prominent as Micaiah is a 5* only.  That is the problem with FEH unit strengthening compared to FGO.  With FGO the only portion of unit strengthening affected by the gacha is the relatively insignificant outside 3 turning strats NP level, things that are independent of getting lucky beyond getting the character once like Skill levelling and levelling are far more relevant to overall unit strength.  

And Micaiah is tied with Roy for my second favorite, and I can't summoner support both at once no matter how much time I play. 

Yes gacha is a big part of strengthening units, though if at low rarity 3-4 star can get merges much easier.  However you did say 'favorite' so summoner support due to only being able to be put on one unit does very much indicate that.  I wouldn't be opposed if for one's summoner unit only, there were some other grindable things to make them stronger or unlock more voice lines or give their sprite a might glow.  

Roy is easy to merge these days though, Glac. So one can tell you love him, right? The only real problem just seems to be the difficulty in merging 5 star exclusives like Micaiah. Which I can understand, that kind of thing sucks. I wish I could give my Ikes more merges myself. And there are four of him now. XD

But I'm still content with what I got and I'm glad I could give my Freddys as many merges as I did, though I did get quite lucky with Summer Freddy since he's a seasonal and I somehow pulled six of him without spending much money. lol

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Micaiah may be 5 star exclusive, but there's a 3-4 star character you love just as much, right?

Though I also guess I'm also not as reluctant to spend money as you are.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Yes gacha is a big part of strengthening units, though if at low rarity 3-4 star can get merges much easier.  However you did say 'favorite' so summoner support due to only being able to be put on one unit does very much indicate that.  I wouldn't be opposed if for one's summoner unit only, there were some other grindable things to make them stronger or unlock more voice lines or give their sprite a might glow.  

I said she was in a tie for my second favorite from the start, with the first favorite being not in the game currently (Wolt).  I like her and Roy equally, summoner support forces me to choose between them.  

The gacha being such a big part of strengthening units is exactly what I hate about FEH in this regard.  It makes the game very pay to win, and incredibly luck based for free to play.  

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Roy is easy to merge these days though, Glac. So one can tell you love him, right? The only real problem just seems to be the difficulty in merging 5 star exclusives like Micaiah. Which I can understand, that kind of thing sucks. I wish I could give my Ikes more merges myself. And there are four of him now. XD

But I'm still content with what I got and I'm glad I could give my Freddys as many merges as I did, though I did get quite lucky with Summer Freddy since he's a seasonal and I somehow pulled six of him without spending much money. lol

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Micaiah may be 5 star exclusive, but there's a 3-4 star character you love just as much, right?

Though I also guess I'm also not as reluctant to spend money as you are.

My OG Roy is already +10, haha.  That's also why I picked Iskandar over the shota 3 star version of him for the example for FGO, so it's a FGO 5* and a FEH 5* being compared.  I could do so much with FGO 5*, but nearly nothing with the FEH one.

Yeah, a more FTP friendly way to access SI and merges would help a lot, so long as the effort to reward ratio isn't completely borked like dragonflowers.

48 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Many games punish players mightily and put tons of pressure to grind daily tasks or whatever or else fall behind.

You know what grinding daily tasks is? Time-gated resources.

You know what I'm arguing against? Time-gated resources.

48 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

There are a ton of seals, however many of them are beneficial not weak.  Fortress def, fortress res, hardy bearing, phantom speed, there are so many seals one would like to have upgraded all the way.

And many more of them are weak, rarely used, or used for niche builds only. Things like Fire Boost and Seal Spd.

Currently, if you have obtained all of the Sacred Coins available in the game, you are able to fully upgrade approximately 1/3 of the game's Sacred Seals. That's enough to have upgraded all of the core Seals plus a large number of niche options. You really don't need access to more Sacred Coins than this unless you're a completionist.

In contrast, a brand new player not only needs to spend Sacred Coins to upgrade their core Seals, but they also need to spend Sacred Coins to make those seals first. That puts brand new players far behind long-time players with zero ability to catch up.

Players who already have most of the Sacred Coins so far and have the means to continue obtaining them as they are handed out have no reason to need to farm them. Having more Sacred Coins does not give them an advantage. Newer players, however, can significantly benefit from Sacred Coins being made farmable as a means to catch up with the players already at the top. The benefit does not go to the players already at the top. The benefit goes to the players that want to catch up, and this is why I believe that making Sacred Coins farmable would be entirely beneficial to the game.

This argument also applies to Divine Dew with the added benefit that it would be no longer permanently punishing to spend Divine Dew on a less-than-optimal refinement as it is now.

Dragonflowers and Heroic Grails are likely to end up in the same situation as Sacred Coins and Divine Dew after another year or so. I'm not asking for these to be made farmable immediately, but in due time, I think there will have been enough of the resources given out that obtaining more for the top players will not be necessary, and will benefit newer players more than veteran players, at which time they could be made farmable.

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

My OG Roy is already +10, haha.  That's also why I picked Iskandar over the shota 3 star version of him for the example for FGO, so it's a FGO 5* and a FEH 5* being compared.  I could do so much with FGO 5*, but nearly nothing with the FEH one.

Yeah, a more FTP friendly way to access SI and merges would help a lot, so long as the effort to reward ratio isn't completely borked like dragonflowers.

Yeah, I've seen ideas like a skill shop thrown around and that would be nice to have for sure. Though I'm not sure how much IS would do to make merges and/or SI more F2P friendly since it seems like anything would make people pull on banners less, and less pulls mean less money. It sounds greedy, but at the end of the day, they do need the money to keep the game going and keep us entertained. It's just a matter of finding that balance where you're not being TOO greedy, but also still offering enough to keep players content.

Yeah, I've seen ideas like a skill shop thrown around and that would be nice to have for sure. Though I'm not sure how much IS would do to make merges and/or SI more F2P friendly since it seems like anything would make people pull on banners less, and less pulls mean less money. It sounds greedy, but at the end of the day, they do need the money to keep the game going and keep us entertained. It's just a matter of finding that balance where you're not being TOO greedy, but also still offering enough to keep players content.

Just make it slow.  Pay to +10/SI immediately and quickly.  Wait and grind to ftp +10/SI some characters you really want to bias.  

I feel a shop for 4* combat manuals of units you have summoned at least once could work.  Again, so long as currency gain is slow.  Considering slow currency gain is the name of IS's game, it shouldn't be that huge of an issue, I think?

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Just make it slow.  Pay to +10/SI immediately and quickly.  Wait and grind to ftp +10/SI some characters you really want to bias.  

I feel a shop for 4* combat manuals of units you have summoned at least once could work.  Again, so long as currency gain is slow.  Considering slow currency gain is the name of IS's game, it shouldn't be that huge of an issue, I think?

But it technically already is slow. So what really would this do to make things better?

6 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Remove the luck factor over time, and the reliance on premium currency.

Not going to happen. You remove those things and you don't have a gacha anymore.This game is a gacha.

Not going to happen. You remove those things and you don't have a gacha anymore.This game is a gacha.

It removes the luck factor for unit strengthening specifically.  You still have to get the unit/SI/optimal boon in the first place, it's getting more of it (whatever it is) that lessons over time.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It removes the luck factor for unit strengthening specifically.  You still have to get the unit/SI/optimal boon in the first place, it's getting more of it (whatever it is) that lessons over time.

...Then I have no idea what you're trying to suggest. How do you "lower the luck factor" for unit strengthening over time?

Just now, Anacybele said:

...Then I have no idea what you're trying to suggest. How do you "lower the luck factor" for unit strengthening over time?

Separate currency, let's call it magic powder.

Every week we get say, 1 unit of magic powder from idk, Aether Raids.  

You can later trade, say, 15 magic powders for 1 4* combat manual of a unit registered as obtained in your catalog.  So I could trade for a combat manual of say, Brave Roy, because I have him, but can't for say, Spring Sharena, because I don't have her.

Maybe adjust the numbers to be more/less stingy and have different price tags for different unit types (ie seasonal units more expensive than permanent, 5 units are more expensive than 4-5, which is more expensive than 3-4).

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Separate currency, let's call it magic powder.

Every week we get say, 1 unit of magic powder from idk, Aether Raids.  

You can later trade, say, 15 magic powders for 1 4* combat manual of a unit registered as obtained in your catalog.  So I could trade for a combat manual of say, Brave Roy, because I have him, but can't for say, Spring Sharena, because I don't have her.

Maybe adjust the numbers to be more/less stingy and have different price tags for different unit types (ie seasonal units more expensive than permanent, 5 units are more expensive than 4-5, which is more expensive than 3-4).

Ohhh, this kind of thing. That could work, yeah. So something like the Heroic Grails, but for units actually in the summoning pool and they'd be combat manuals, not actual units.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

There are a ton of seals, however many of them are beneficial not weak.  Fortress def, fortress res, hardy bearing, phantom speed, there are so many seals one would like to have upgraded all the way.  If one wanted to optimize Arena assault they would want 28 seals upgraded to maximum, and besides that having more seals allows ones units to function in a larger variety of ways.  

There are all sorts of seals, true. But 1) you're not going to be able to run every seal at once in any given fight. 2) Some seals are unquestionably better than others. Why would I (normally) run a Threaten Def or Fortify Res seal on someone who could make use of Heavy Blade, or Phantom Speed, etc? 3) Anyone playing since even Seal launch has had more than enough time to amass their main seal core. 4) How often are you really going to need 6 different +3 Atk seals?

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

if we got new additional grindable content it would likely be mindless and monotonous the same or similar thing over and over

You say that like playing FEH currently isn't already monotonous. All existing event modes are fairly repetitive. You only see so many (serious) combinations of enemy teams in AR and Arena. The only things that require actual big brain effort are high level Hero Battles.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

As for what banner would be replaced, yes none of us can know for sure, but if you were going to place a bet you really think they would cut a seasonal banner, the golden goose of gacha games, or do you think they would cut a new hero banner?

Eh, I'd take the odds. I like to fantasize that IS cares about adding new units. Its really rather up in the air. Yes, seasonal banners make money, but I'll bet that the Tibarn banner and the like raked in a serious chunk of change too. And IS has been getting a lot of backlash from their usual pool of alt candidates. If there's a seasonal that doesn't make a ton of money relative to the other banners, they might consider not releasing a new version and instead putting in a collab.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

In contrast, a brand new player not only needs to spend Sacred Coins to upgrade their core Seals, but they also need to spend Sacred Coins to make those seals first. That puts brand new players far behind long-time players with zero ability to catch up.

I'd be one of those. How much does it cost to make a seal from nothing and get it to the highest tier on average BTW?

As long as they don't continually powercreep Seals, I don't see a problem with farmable Coins (although as I just indicated, my perspective is biased). It's horizontal improvement, not vertical. There is only one Seal slot, more Coins just mean more options for it. 

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd be one of those. How much does it cost to make a seal from nothing and get it to the highest tier on average BTW?

Here's the list on Gamepedia: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sacred_Seal_Forge

The must-haves range from 20 (like Iote's Shield) to 40 (like Distant Def) to create. It takes 50 to go from a bronze border to a silver border and 100 to go from a silver border to a gold border, so skills with 3 tiers (start at bronze) take 150 to fully upgrade and skills with 2 tiers (start at silver) take 100 to fully upgrade.

Basically, not having gotten a Sacred Seal on release is approximately a 10%-30% "tax" on the already impoverished.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

We have a date for Dragalia Lost's Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes event. It begins April 25th at 11pm PST.

Oh, it's nice to have the date. That means in Dragalia Lost we will have one more Showcase (banner) before the Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes Event.

If we get Dragalia Lost characters in FEH, maybe the next Special Heroes can be the Dragalia Collab since it's too early for Brides, and the Voting Gauntlet could be "Dragalia Lost Vs. FEH"

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I got Dragalia Lost because of this Collab. I will splurge all the wyrmmites and Vouchers for this banner if I have to. Not to mention, along with that, the summons will no longer give wyrmprints anymore. 

Oh yeah, no more disheartening moments of resetting the percentage because you got a wyrmprint instead of a character or a dragon. I got 24 vouchers, 4 tens, and over 9000 wyrmite. Adding the 4500 extra wyrmites when the event comes then I’m surely completing the banner :P: