Bound Hero Battle: Bartre and Fir

Landmaster

On 27-3-2019 at 1:49 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Worked this out at work today. Pretty bog standard clear, except maybe for Minerva's skillset.

Good job! Nice to see Morgan used, especially since I feel kinda bad that I didn't really end up using her in my clear. :v

Thanks. I can't always bring her along because her stat spread is a bit ackward, but I like both her and her male counterpart. I'd say one turning a map with 3 units, rather then 4 is pretty impressive

On 27-3-2019 at 3:00 PM, Landmaster said:

Liked your father-child theme, L!Roy is such a cool unit and LA!Eliwood is pretty rare, so nice to see him, too. For the battle skipping, you can just turn off animations for enemies or turn-them off all-together.

Oh I know. In normal play I usually keep animation on, but sometimes I speed things up by giving the screen a tap if I feel something is worth skipping. I try not to do that when recording, but this time I ended up skipping some animations.

I would have used him a lot more if he wasn't a armour knight. They're annoying to use most of the time. Still LA!Eliwood had a good reason to be there this time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch, Axezura killing Fir ... Felicia is a nice nuke, didn't remember you had her merged. Congrats! 

Thanks! I've had Felicia merged for some time now but like my other merge projects, she doesn't like showing up either. I did pull a Caeda from the BHB banner and I was more happy about that than getting a Karla.

@mampfoid Legendary Azura look so disgusting to cheese movements with Elincia. Anyways, great job with ploys strat.

Here is my clear and some tags (@mcsilas and @Zeo ) 

I finished this map on 1st day but  have some problem to insert song. Those mages give Shiro a headache and have to approach carefully. Thanks to Kagerou who sent them home quickly. Poor Siegbert have no business in this map. Just a reposition bot...

Edited by Ginko

15 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid Legendary Azura look so disgusting to cheese movements with Elincia. Anyways, great job with ploys strat.

Thanks! Actually she didn't need the extra movement, one Repo would have been enough. ;-)

17 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I finished this map on 1st day but  have some problem to insert song. Those mages give Shiro a headache and have to approach carefully. Thanks to Kagerou who sent them home quickly. Poor Siegbert have no business in this map. Just a reposition bot...

Indeed, poor Siggy. At least the rest of his team had some fun. Shiro made look Bartre pretty bad ... not even talking about Fir. You team is strongest on physical heavy maps and Ryoma didn't have problems with the only mage. 

Congrats! 

@Ginko Is this Tsurune OST?!? Should've used it when there were archers in the map :P Pretty quick and simple, and hey Siegbert made up for his lack of action here with the Yune map, so he deserves a bit of a break. Shiro didn't feat Bartre's manly axe one bit.

@mampfoid Oscar is back! And wow, putting L!Azura to good use there, although interesting how she also Ployed. Groom Marth had to work a bit against the blue knight but he powered through with some Brave-ry.

@Landmaster Little kiddie emblem! Funny how most of them are Avatar children (well Velouria can count if you marry Keaton I guess). Also three of them can transform. Female Kana took a bit of damage from Bartre at first but composed herself after firing off her special. Green bow picked the wrong time to have a colour against Morgan's tome. I see you also gave your M!Kana Escape Route as well (although he didn't really use it here), it's a fun build with Brazen.

@Alexmender Oh wow, some Idunn action, I'm jealous. She has great art and her bulk is crazy, laughing off Bartre's effective axe.  Kaden makes a fabuolous furry dragon. 

@Nanima @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @Azuris

Managed to finally make a clear with this Sacae team theme. Wanted to beat Rutger but it was tricky for this team, but I guess this BHB works out since both Karel and Karla has a better connection to their opponents.

Team is +HP/-Atk Karla, +Atk/-Spd Karel, neutral Brave Lyn and +Atk Legendary Lyn +1.

Music is Fading Cherry Blossoms from Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage 2 OST

AKA Sacaean Siblings (and Lyns) meet their future family by battle.

-Finally merged my L!Lyn and boy did +Atk help...she can actually do 1 damage to that armour now! Lancebreaker was mainly leftover from an Arthur Swap fodder, pkus the faster charge helps.

-Even with -Atk Karla can still deal a lot of damage. Her Speed still impresses me so she has a bit of bulk in terms of not being doubled- she still needed Distant Def and Drive Def support though for this map. One of my earlier kills had her survive her future husband with 1 HP, although I think that was thanks to Brave Lyn's Atk Smoke which I forgot about in this clear.

-Speaking of, Brave Lyn's Atk Smoke was really key in facetanking the central chokepoint.

-Brazen + Defiant Atk + Reprisal Karel is fun, despite being -Spd (his sister's Spd Wave helped with that at least). Really wanted to give him the kill in the end (i wanted him to duel Bartre but he was too far).

Edited by mcsilas

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of, Brave Lyn's Atk Smoke was really key in facetanking the central chokepoint.

That was a cool moment, holding the choke point with 1 HP. Otherwise a nice theme, opening the blue can took a while. 

@mampfoid @mcsilas

Tried to go for a family theme but I lack Karel so in his place we have Lilina who provides great utility and she also had her S support with Fir already so she saved me some grinding.

This was pretty straightforward. Have Fir take on like half of the map all on her own and then the rest can focus on taking down just one enemy at a time.

Karla's Even Spd was needed to prevent Fir from being doubled by herself and also helps set up the Batre vs Batre fight.

Talking about Batre, he was shockingly the most annoying enemy here. Even Karla or Lilina couldn't OHKO him and he kills them in return, not that I would have done that anyway since I wanted to set up B vs B but I was still surprised to learn that. On the flip-side, he was  one of the most helpful in my own group being able to hold the chokepoint against the armor. Not to mention he hits hard even at 4 star and with a promotion I wouldn't even need a special to take on the other Batre.

Also, Special Spiral Fir!? That's something I never even considered before now but darn do I want to try out it. Tempted to fodder the other Lewyn to her now instead of Sonya.

-------------------------------

@mcsilas

Bad Karla, you and your husband both need to survive to be recruited.

Nice chokepoint holding Lyns! Having frail units hold off such intimidating units is always a treat.

I was really confused as to why Karel was doing so little damage with Reprisal and then I remembered that Nameless Blade doesn't get a Wo Dao effect until it's refined.

@mampfoid

I see Batre was some problem to you too. That armor knight sure took a lot of effort for Marth to subdue if you needed Def ploy + TA + Atk 3

On 4/2/2019 at 7:23 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Little kiddie emblem! Funny how most of them are Avatar children (well Velouria can count if you marry Keaton I guess). Also three of them can transform. Female Kana took a bit of damage from Bartre at first but composed herself after firing off her special. Green bow picked the wrong time to have a colour against Morgan's tome. I see you also gave your M!Kana Escape Route as well (although he didn't really use it here), it's a fun build with Brazen.

Team is +HP/-Atk Karla, +Atk/-Spd Karel, neutral Brave Lyn and +Atk Legendary Lyn +1.

Music is Fading Cherry Blossoms from Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage 2 OST

AKA Sacaean Siblings (and Lyns) meet their future family by battle.

-Finally merged my L!Lyn and boy did +Atk help...she can actually do 1 damage to that armour now! Lancebreaker was mainly leftover from an Arthur Swap fodder, pkus the faster charge helps.

-Even with -Atk Karla can still deal a lot of damage. Her Speed still impresses me so she has a bit of bulk in terms of not being doubled- she still needed Distant Def and Drive Def support though for this map. One of my earlier kills had her survive her future husband with 1 HP, although I think that was thanks to Brave Lyn's Atk Smoke which I forgot about in this clear.

-Speaking of, Brave Lyn's Atk Smoke was really key in facetanking the central chokepoint.

-Brazen + Defiant Atk + Reprisal Karel is fun, despite being -Spd (his sister's Spd Wave helped with that at least). Really wanted to give him the kill in the end (i wanted him to duel Bartre but he was too far).

Haha, that was the theme!~ I did marry Keaton, so it was "My Kids Emblem". Escape Route is really fun, I actually have it on both Kanas (forgot it was on M!Kana when I gave it to F!Kana) and they're both really fun with it~  (Now that I think about it, almost sure Morgan has it, too, maybe I need to give it to Velouria to keep it in the family~

As for yours, Karla and Karel beating up their family, cool! I love how they both got a hit in on Fir~ That armor’s quite annoying, the Lyns had fun toying with him. Karla’s quote fit pretty good with her tearing her husband in half. Brazen and Defiant is a cool combo! Nice!

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Tried to go for a family theme but I lack Karel so in his place we have Lilina who provides great utility and she also had her S support with Fir already so she saved me some grinding.

This was pretty straightforward. Have Fir take on like half of the map all on her own and then the rest can focus on taking down just one enemy at a time.

Karla's Even Spd was needed to prevent Fir from being doubled by herself and also helps set up the Batre vs Batre fight.

Talking about Batre, he was shockingly the most annoying enemy here. Even Karla or Lilina couldn't OHKO him and he kills them in return, not that I would have done that anyway since I wanted to set up B vs B but I was still surprised to learn that. On the flip-side, he was  one of the most helpful in my own group being able to hold the chokepoint against the armor. Not to mention he hits hard even at 4 star and with a promotion I wouldn't even need a special to take on the other Batre.

Also, Special Spiral Fir!? That's something I never even considered before now but darn do I want to try out it. Tempted to fodder the other Lewyn to her now instead of Sonya.

Ooh, that’s a crazy strong Fir! Does a lot of work, including taking her evil self out. 4* Batre just barely missing that kill, but his Smite work was awesome. Even at 4*, he takes out his buffed up self just fine. Karla and Liliana were great, too, nice job!!

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Ooh, that’s a crazy strong Fir! Does a lot of work, including taking her evil self out. 4* Batre just barely missing that kill, but his Smite work was awesome. Even at 4*, he takes out his buffed up self just fine. Karla and Liliana were great, too, nice job!!

Thanks! Fir was the first “thrash” unit I build up (well, back before Nameless Blade was a thing and she wasn’t considered bottom of the barrel anymore) and I’m so proud of how far she’s come. One of my most dependable units and the best swordie for sure.

Batre not killing the armor is actually a good thing because he would not be ready to face Dark Batre at that point. He really needs the combination of Fir’s threaten spd and Karla’s even spd to confront himself.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I see Batre was some problem to you too. That armor knight sure took a lot of effort for Marth to subdue if you needed Def ploy + TA + Atk

He didn't die easily to my unmerged units, that's true.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Haha, I'm looking forward to see that SS Fir!

Also another nice clear, well done! I see you switch summoner support as well, Fir needs every bit of ATK ... in theory and certainly not in this clear. Forgot you had DC on her, he does really well with it. 

4* Bartre greatest of all Bartres, congrats! 

44 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, I'm looking forward to see that SS Fir!

Well I’m still not entirely sure about it so that might be a long wait but I’ll make sure to let you know if she gets it.

46 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Also another nice clear, well done! I see you switch summoner support as well, Fir needs every bit of ATK ... in theory and certainly not in this clear. Forgot you had DC on her, he does really well with it. 

Yup, I switched initially for the extra bulk and spd but she did actually need the extra atk to take Dark Fir down (1 atk short without it)

On 2.4.2019 at 1:23 PM, mcsilas said:

-Finally merged my L!Lyn and boy did +Atk help...she can actually do 1 damage

That made me laugh way too much.

Interesting theme again, but wouldn't Sue fit there as well instead of the second Lyn?

Two swords and two archers, looks challenging and having B Lyn tank an armor is something I haven't seen too often. Good job using the water to hit the armor and finally taking it down at the end. Nice clear, well done!

Better late than never, right? I hate crunch week in College but at least is over now

@mcsilas That was great! The map itself wasn't too bad but going with mostly vanilla skillsets really makes it all the more impressive. Nice use of B!Lyn as a meat shield for the armor, it surprised me to see her survive with 1 Hp (very reminiscent of Tactics drills). Karla taking both Fir & Bartre was icing on the cake! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 10:36 PM, Frosty said:

Late post but here's my clear of the Bartre & Fir BHB in Infernal mode.

@eclipse@Vaximillian@Rezzy@mampfoid@Azuris@NegativeExponents-@Landmaster@Ice Dragon@mcsilas@LordFrigid@Alexmender

Great clear! Canas dished out some huge damage~ All those Tactics buffs makes his Blade damage output sky-high, he's really great!

• 5 months later...

So, this map.

Cleared it first try. With the Askrtrio and F!Robin.

I didn't expect it to be that easy, Robin and Alfonse do the bulk of the work and Anna drags back Sharena so she can safely deal with Fir and not get attacked by anyone else.

@Landmaster

Its been a while since I made a crappy unit my new project, but my Tobin is almost done. This GHB wasn't too hard so it worked well as a playground for my Defensive Tobin build. It took some cheerleading, but he managed to do a good job tanking this GHB.

Here's my first ever attempt at one of these theme clear videos! I noticed how these four girls from The Sacred Stones each have an alt representing a season, in addition to being of all different colors and making for a balanced team that works with Tactics skills, so I wanted to try making a video of it in action. The team is really fun, and they don't even really need Tactics skills because Tana and L'Arachel just naturally reached the same attack stat, so it was easy to adjust Marisa a little to allow all of them to be buffed by Eirika's skills.

Will definitely be using this team more in the future, it's really satishfying how well they fit together. If I make another video sometime I'll hopefully figure out how to capture game audio as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Late video time!

Have some Karla and other mothers battle against father & daughter!

@Zeo @mampfoid @DLNarshen @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @Landmaster @daisy jane @Ginko

Team is +Def/-Spd Karla, +Atk/-Def Adrift Mikoto, +Res/-Atk Deirdre and neutral Ethlyn

Music is The Days When My Mother Was There from Persona 5

-Got a pitybreaker Karla a few days before this rerun, so this clear was kind of perfect so she teamed up with other tragic mothers. Unfortunately Karla's IVs weren't great, but I made her +Def work for this one with some Drive support. Could've finished it faster without the specific seals but I wanted Karla to battle her family

-Deirde was the perfect unit to bait the ranged fliers. She only needed Warding Stance so the red mage flier won't KO her and attack Mikoto instead. My original clear had her finish off Fir with a Glacies proc after Pain support from her sister-in-law Ethlyn, but again I fit Karla should've fought her daughter

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Late video time!

Have some Karla and other mothers battle against father & daughter!

@Zeo @mampfoid @DLNarshen @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @Landmaster @daisy jane @Ginko

Team is +Def/-Spd Karla, +Atk/-Def Adrift Mikoto, +Res/-Atk Deirdre and neutral Ethlyn

Music is The Days When My Mother Was There from Persona 5

-Got a pitybreaker Karla a few days before this rerun, so this clear was kind of perfect so she teamed up with other tragic mothers. Unfortunately Karla's IVs weren't great, but I made her +Def work for this one with some Drive support. Could've finished it faster without the specific seals but I wanted Karla to battle her family

-Deirde was the perfect unit to bait the ranged fliers. She only needed Warding Stance so the red mage flier won't KO her and attack Mikoto instead. My original clear had her finish off Fir with a Glacies proc after Pain support from her sister-in-law Ethlyn, but again I fit Karla should've fought her daughter

Mom Emblem worked pretty well. Karla certainly took the brunt of it from her daughter’s posse. Super Magic Mom nuking that Fridge was awesome.  Healing Mom Squad came in really handy to keep the others healthy so Karla could savagely kill her husband~ 10/10

• 2 weeks later...

So I'd already watched all these clears but the forum decided to reload my page and wiped all my paragraphs clean and I can't bring myself to write it all again, everyone's clears were great though. @NegativeExponents-'s was fast paced and awesome with the Fir duel, @Ginko's was as clean as sweep as I've come to expect and @mcsilas's Sacaean clear was probably my favorite. Seeing Karel and Karla standing side by side at the beginning of the map is one of the coolest things I've ever seen, something that would never happen in FE7 as neither of them are particularly good. Mother's clear took me back to my L!Julia clear also which was great.

Cleaned the map when it dropped with my units, no desire to do a clear though.

• 8 months later...