Bound Hero Battle: Bartre and Fir

Landmaster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this one seems easier than anything else we've gotten recently. I didn't even bother to check enemy skills (other than realizing that the armor has Panic Ploy).

Cleared with my old classic team, Ninian's Dragon Kindergarten:

+10 Tiki [+Spd] (Breath of Fog [unique], Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+10 Ninian [+Spd] (Lightning Breath+ [Spd], Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Hone Atk 3)
+10 Nowi [+Atk] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+10 Fae [+Atk] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)

I didn't even bother switching Ninian's Hone Spd and Hone Atk out (they're there for Special Training runs).

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Batre

Batter.

Took me a bit longer than usual (obviously trying to do homework on the side) but my Special team for the day got it done~ 

Got a moment to record so here we go, using my kids~

Hope the volume isn't too low, recorded a bit quietly because I'm in a computer lab, keke~

Decided to use my Fates Children, my son, and alternate world daughter. F!Kana needed that Lancebreaker to screw with the AI so we could end Batre on the first turn~ Spd/Res Bond also helped against the Blue Flier. 

Originally, I was trying to get Velouria to not be doubled by the Red Flier, but her health wasn't going low enough for her Special, so I just let her take the damage and her brother would save her afterward~ She could have gotten it if I swapped Kana in so she could stay transformed, but it hurts F!Kana's positioning afterwards, so we went about it this way~ Otherwise, pretty easy clear~

Edited by Landmaster

No reinforcements meant that the usual Leon and Three Dancers had no issues clearing it out.  It's beneficial to keep that knight alive for a bit, as it slows Bartre down.

@Landmaster Nice! You don't see the Kanas that often so that was very interesting. I really liked those Swap strats, the map wasn't very hard but it looked a bit close with having all the children tank those nasty specials but they toughed it out.

- - - - - 

It took 2 tries because I didn't check for Panic Ploy but after taking that into account this BHB crumbled against Eirika as always. I decided against recording it because it was pretty boring overall so I'll leave you with something that's basically the same thing but with a darker context if you consider it some sort of bad end continuation for FE6. (Treat the buffbots as some sort of buffing war dragons)

@Nanima

@Landmaster Your already putting the tempest trial reward to good use. Cool clear with some units I don't see all that often

Bartre wasn't the only parent bringing his child to work today. Perhaps I should leave Legendary Roy at home for battles like these since he pretty much wrecked the place. 

Also oof its been a while since I uploaded and it shows with all the battle skipping.

Edited by Sasori

No problems here, though this is two maps in a row where I had to give Micaiah a breaker skill which is annoying (while it was possible to boost her speed enough to double Rutger, swordbreaker worked better for moving the ai in a convenient way). 

Micaiah can actually double and one shot the red flier if she’s standing beside someone, but I feel like it’s more fun to end on a special you know? 

Simple enough with my usual trio of Julia, L!Lucina, and B!Ike. This time I picked Fir as the spare of the week. She was one of the first units I really relied on, so how better to thank her for her service than having her beat up her father and herself. Trying to maneuver her for both kills made this slightly harder than it had to be, but it was still easy.

Infernal Bartre & Fir in one turn:

No big deal also this BHB. Marth struggled with the fridge and needed ploy support by Azura. Elincia wouldn't survive Bartres special without her own ploy and a more bulky A-skill. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Those tanky Kanas. Cool clear, congrats again! 

Velouria still needs GF though

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

It took 2 tries because I didn't check for Panic Ploy but after taking that into account this BHB crumbled against Eirika as always.

Crumbling reminds me of cake ... piece of cake for your .... Idunn? :-) 

You must like her, she got some premium fodder. 

That was a surprise, everyone gets the pink shower of death. congrats! 

52 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

Micaiah can actually double and one shot the red flier if she’s standing beside someone, but I feel like it’s more fun to end on a special you know? 

Yup, special ends are the best. 

Best girls do their best, which is far too good for Bartre & Fir in this case. Congrats

@kirauza343 The map was no trouble for your girls as expected. Just a little more to bring Marisa to her best, I see. Nice clear!

@mampfoid TA+Def Ploy? Seems the Can-man really gave Marth trouble if he needed so much to ORKO him. Regardless, your team managed to clear the map neat and swiftly as always, very good! 

And yeah, I thought H!Myrrh was more than enough for my armor dragon needs but Idunn's art is too good and I also love her voice so I had no choice but to give her preferential treatment even if I still think Myrrh is the better unit. The only thing I'm a bit salty is that the units I tend to like the most are always red, it kinda kills my ideas to make some fun teams with them. 

18 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The only thing I'm a bit salty is that the units I tend to like the most are always red, it kinda kills my ideas to make some fun teams with them. 

Ha, my Celica emblem is all red. No reason to not have fun. :-)

@mampfoid

Nice work! Marth really needed all the stops pulled for that one, dang.

I took a similar approach, actually. If that R Tome Flier didn’t have a Rally I could’ve made it a Caeda Solo...alas.

@Landmaster

Nice clear, very cool maneuvering around on the upper edge of the map there.

I’m not sure whether it actually matters what your device’s volume setting is, as long as your in-game volume settings are ok. I usually record with my iPad’s volume all the way down, for instance. It might depend on what your device is, though.

Edited by LordFrigid

Worked this out at work today. Pretty bog standard clear, except maybe for Minerva's skillset.

@Landmaster @mampfoid @daisy jane

(Also @Nanima for Hinoka, hopefully you don't mind?)

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Took me a bit longer than usual (obviously trying to do homework on the side) but my Special team for the day got it done~ 

That was a surprise at the end. :v

5 hours ago, Sasori said:

Bartre wasn't the only parent bringing his child to work today. Perhaps I should leave Legendary Roy at home for battles like these since he pretty much wrecked the place. 

Also oof its been a while since I uploaded and it shows with all the battle skipping.

Good job! Nice to see Morgan used, especially since I feel kinda bad that I didn't really end up using her in my clear. :v

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice work! Marth really needed all the stops pulled for that one, dang.

Speaking of Marth ... your 4* Freddy does his job better, even with mostly vanilla skills ... wow. Too bad about that Rally, but Caeda still shows her skills. 

5 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Worked this out at work today. Pretty bog standard clear, except maybe for Minerva's skillset.

I see you had to take some measures against Bartres DA as well. Well done canceling Wary fighter with QR, congrats! 

19 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Landmaster Nice! You don't see the Kanas that often so that was very interesting. I really liked those Swap strats, the map wasn't very hard but it looked a bit close with having all the children tank those nasty specials but they toughed it out.

- - - - - 

It took 2 tries because I didn't check for Panic Ploy but after taking that into account this BHB crumbled against Eirika as always. I decided against recording it because it was pretty boring overall so I'll leave you with something that's basically the same thing but with a darker context if you consider it some sort of bad end continuation for FE6. (Treat the buffbots as some sort of buffing war dragons)

Thanks, thankfully the Kanas are pretty naturally tanky. Need to get Velouria up to speed with a good Skill set soon, hehe~

Cool theme using Idunn! First time seeing Idunn in action. Nice work, she’s crazy powerful on offense and defense, especially with Kaden's buffs~ And I can never get tired of hearing her theme~

18 hours ago, Sasori said:

@Landmaster Your already putting the tempest trial reward to good use. Cool clear with some units I don't see all that often

Liked your father-child theme, L!Roy is such a cool unit and LA!Eliwood is pretty rare, so nice to see him, too. For the battle skipping, you can just turn off animations for enemies or turn-them off all-together.

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Bartre & Fir in one turn:

No big deal also this BHB. Marth struggled with the fridge and needed ploy support by Azura. Elincia wouldn't survive Bartres special without her own ploy and a more bulky A-skill. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Those tanky Kanas. Cool clear, congrats again! 

Velouria still needs GF though

Loved it, Quadding Marth, and Oscar saving the day at the end!

Let me grind more feathers!

18 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

No problems here, though this is two maps in a row where I had to give Micaiah a breaker skill which is annoying (while it was possible to boost her speed enough to double Rutger, swordbreaker worked better for moving the ai in a convenient way). 

Ending on a Special’s always the best way to finish~ Your girls handled it easily as usual~

14 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I took a similar approach, actually. If that R Tome Flier didn’t have a Rally I could’ve made it a Caeda Solo...alas.

@Landmaster

Nice clear, very cool maneuvering around on the upper edge of the map there.

I’m not sure whether it actually matters what your device’s volume setting is, as long as your in-game volume settings are ok. I usually record with my iPad’s volume all the way down, for instance. It might depend on what your device is, though.

Nice 4* Freddy! Positioning here was really awesome and thought out~

Ah really, didn’t know that about the volume, that’s actually really helpful to know! Thanks!

13 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

That was a surprise at the end. :v

Haha, wanted to keep that surprise ending~ Pretty easy work for your fliers!

@mampfoid Looks like the armor knight and Bartre posed some difficulties but it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed with common SI. I do have to say that armor unit is quite bulky though. Took TA and Atk+ seal to move that mountain. 

Water and trenches again so I didn't bother with my regular team. Pretty straightforward clear but dang, Fir's defense is made of paper for a melee unit. Had Felicia take a twirl around the mountain so here it is. I get the feeling that they wanted to add reinforcements but decided against it as the terrain might be unfair to player for a prolonged fight despite the map it was based on had a small handful of reinforcements.  

Spoiler

@Alexmender

Oh Idunn, that is pretty cool. She stood her ground really well and took care of everything heading her way. A worthy substitute for Eirika. Well done!

@mampfoid

Yay for Azura! Also nice and fast and making it look easy again. Even though you needed some adjustements, so Elinica wouldn't let you down. Good job!

...People found this map easy? Wtf? I can't find any solution for the infernal one period. And I cleared normal and lunatic with no problem.

How the fucking hell are people saying this is easy?

EDIT: Okay, so I did eventually find a way to do it with fliers, but that was after a lot of tries. This was still not easy in the least bit. It was extremely hard. Also, can we have maps that DON'T have a ton of trenches/trees/mountains/all of those? I'm getting tired of not being able to use horses anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

11 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Looks like the armor knight and Bartre posed some difficulties but it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed with common SI. I do have to say that armor unit is quite bulky though. Took TA and Atk+ seal to move that mountain. 

Yeah, those two had me switch some skills, but no SI needed. 

My first try killing the fridge with Marth looked like this though:

Spoiler

TGrmzDc.png

11 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Water and trenches again so I didn't bother with my regular team.

Yeah, not very Cav friendly, at least there was a Camus peak at the beginning of your video.

Ouch, Axezura killing Fir ... Felicia is a nice nuke, didn't remember you had her merged. Congrats! 

@Azuris Thanks! 

(had a first version with Cherche and Caeda which almost worked immediately, but preferred to try some different units this time)

Edited by mampfoid