About new classes and sprites

Arthur fan hack lover

Hey, im working on a fan hack named Fire Emblem: Traitor`s Tale and want to add a new class named brawler to my main character and the sprite is a mod of the brigand sprite. Does someone know how to use these kinds of features and teach me how to do it?

Ps: the game is FE8 and im using FEBuilder

PsPs: The sprite I want is like the armored brigand with a mask

Edited by Arthur fan hack lover

Are you asking somebody to edit the armored Brigand sprites for you to use?  I'm sure adding a simple face mask wouldn't be that hard.  How does FEBuilder import animation graphics?

Here's a typical motion graphic sheet for SRPG Studio:

file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb

Does FEBuilder do something similar?

54 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Are you asking somebody to edit the armored Brigand sprites for you to use?  I'm sure adding a simple face mask wouldn't be that hard.  How does FEBuilder import animation graphics?

Here's a typical motion graphic sheet for SRPG Studio:

file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb

Does FEBuilder do something similar?

no idea also broken link

Well, motion graphics for SRPG studio actually depend on the class type.

Standard infantry:

Spoiler

MwyD7Yh.png

Archer:

Spoiler

BST5emJ.png

Mage:

Spoiler

YCIQEqc.png

And flier:

Spoiler

sV6Fk3b.png

Not sure how appropriate they are for demonstration because they don't have crit animations and generally fewer frames of animation.

Calm down a bit.  Frustration is one of the main emotions that results in people abandoning their projects.

You're asking this at a time when most people in the western hemisphere are either working, at school, or taking a lunch break, so you'll have to wait before you get more responses.

To answer your question as best as I can, I vaguely recall being able to edit sprite sheets in 3rd party graphical editors and then importing them into the game with something like Nightmare (it's how I made a mug and portrait of Oboro at one point, even if it was really bad), though they have to retain a low color count.  I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I have to figure that you can just edit them in something like GIMP so long as they don't have more than 16 colors and then import them using certain hacking tools.  Doesn't FEBuilder have some kind of graphic importer tool?

Until you can figure that out, perhaps you can work on something else and stick with placeholder graphics for the time being.  Don't linger too long on something that's giving you trouble.

1 hour ago, Arthur fan hack lover said:

no idea also broken link

That's strange.  Normally when I post image links from my DeviantArt Stash they don't get mangled like that.

Anyway, if I were you I would follow Ertrick's advice and stick with the maskless armored Brigand until you can dedicate some time between making chapters to edit it.  Probably after you've completed the initial 5-chapter block you're planning.

I would also dedicate time to going back over the forum rules and getting a good grasp of forum etiquette, since I take it you're new here.  Lashing out at people like this is a very good way to drive potential players away from you or worse, get yourself banned by eclipse.  You will simply have to learn to be patient.  In my experience when I make a thread like this either it takes a half or full day to get a response.  Sometimes there's no reply at all (unfunny avatar joke).  But you'll just have to learn to deal with that and make the best of what you have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some experience with FEBuilder and I might be able to help, if you're still looking for it. But I'm not sure I understood your question. You already have your custom animation ready and want to import it to the game or are you looking for someone to make that animation for you?