Lunatic Revelations Pick My Units (Complete)

I think it is about time I tackle the last of the Fates Lunatic modes, but after an intense Conquest play through I want a different kinda challenge run, hence the PMU.

So some ground rules,

1. You have 13 slots to pick. Feel free to choose classes and parents for child characters.

2. Corrin (M), Azura, and Felicia are already part of the team, although people can pick a final class for them (and Boon for Corrin)

3. The only DLC classes available are the free DLC classes and bonus Path classes (max 2 Dread Fighter, max 2 Dark Falcons; max 1 of either Ballistician or Witch)

4. No Amiibo or DLC characters (Sorry Anna fans)

5. Have fun with classes, I rarely experiment with changing classes, so I am looking forward to having to play with some people in very different classes this time around.

Edit: As of now all slots are filled. The units that have been chosen are as follows 

Spoiler

Corrin - HP boon Skill Bane Troubadour Talent

1. Nyx!Ophelia as Witch

2 Mozu!Soleil as Hero

3. Selena as Berseker (S Keaton)

4. Elise as Maligknight

5. Sakura as  Maid (S Corrin)

6. Oboro as Kinshi Knight (One of: S Subaki, S Takumi Or A+ Mozu)

7. Azama as Falcon Knight (S Hinoka),

8. Caeldori as Master of Arms

9. Silas as Wyvern Knight (S Beruka)

10. Beruka as Great Knight (S Silas)

11. Effie!Rhajat as Oni Chieftain

12. Camilla!Nina as Maligknight

13. Hinoka!Mitama as Kinshi Knight

If there is interest in me doing so, I can do a write-up of the run as I go, and some more detailed rules I will be following for the run are listed in the spoiler tab below.

Spoiler

1. No skill buy (It is too easy to break the game otherwise)

2. Only one item will be grabbed from the reward box per chapter (This seems a fair way to have access to the battle and visit rewards without ignoring them, although I am not particularly far down either ranking anyway)

3. Only one use of the forge per chapter (this is mostly to help balance the next rule)

4. Can gather resources and shop in other castles freely (The only really useful stuff available are seals, and early access to them would be preferred due to the nature of the run)

5. Units that are recruited in chapter can be used to the extent necessary to keep them alive and keep from facing a game over(as it might be necessary to S or A+ support them with other units to get desire classes)

6. If there are open slots available that cannot be filled by units chosen in the PMU, they may be filled by units that are needed to reach a support level to unlock the class or child chosen by the PMU (This might reduce the level of grinding required to fill out the PMU)

7. If Niles or Orochi were chosen, a prisoner can fill in open slots available that cannot be filled by units chosen in the PMU (This make Niles and Ororchi's personal skills not necessarily useless)

8. If someone chooses a named or described prisoner unit, Niles/Orochi can be deployed to capture them, and if necessary a grinding session to make Niles/Ororchi capable of capturing said unit is allowed as I feel is appropriate. (Might be necessary)

9. Relationship grinding sessions are allowed to reach S or A+ support levels needed for the class or child characters asked for in the PMU as I feel are appropriate.(Might be necessary)

10. No paying for challenges to appear, although Castle battles can be used.

11. When a unit outside the PMU is force deployed outside their recruitment chapter they may not enter combat, even in the back of pair-ups unless it is necessary to recruit a member of the PMU.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
updating picks and rules

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want Nyx?

Because this is how you get Nyx.

To be precise, this is how you get Nyx!Ophelia. Opheila ends as a Witch if nobody else wants to use the seal, though I'll let others decide if they want to use that or Ballastician.

Maid Sakura (S Corrin; this means Corrin needs to have Troubadour talent). Speaking of, Corrin shall have an HP boon and a skill bane.

Obligatory 'Boro coming your way right this minute.

Do Kinshi Knight!Oboro.  Which can be acquired via a marriage for her with Subaki or Takumi, or A+ support with Mozu.

Edited by Ertrick36

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

To be precise, this is how you get Nyx!Ophelia

How nostalgic, the first Ophelia I ever had was a Nyx!Ophelia

3 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Hmm, take a nice Mozu!Soleil. Aptitude is always nice. Her class can be hero. Good luck!

Glad to have Soleil on the team (especially with the entirely female choices (barring a token Corrin) so far)

3 hours ago, Ether said:

Berserker!Selena via S Keaton

Telling me the desired path to their class was an excellent precedent to set. Plus being a Berserker will make her into a crit monster (Not sure if this will make her personal skill feel even more redundant, or simply a part of the critical machine).

2 hours ago, Gannondworf13 said:

Malig Knight!Elise should be fun.

Also, You should edit the top post to include all the chosen characters so people know what has been chosen and how many slots are left.

Your advice has been taken, plus having flying Elise should be fun (and lily poise is greatly appreciated)

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Maid Sakura (S Corrin; this means Corrin needs to have Troubadour talent). Speaking of, Corrin shall have an HP boon and a skill bane.

Interesting choice, although it is very tempting to take a 2 level dip into Strategist to grab Inspiration and add even more 2 range support to her

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Obligatory 'Boro coming your way right this minute.

Do Kinshi Knight!Oboro.  Which can be acquired via a marriage for her with Subaki.

Kinshi Knight Oboro sounds interesting. I've got a soft spot for Oboro for being one of the only Birthright units who can take a hit (and as one of the only ways of blocking CH 12 Xander without early promoting or class changing) so having her on the team adds some great Birthright representation.

typo

13 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I would say Oboro, but someone already beat me to it, so I suggest Falcon Knight Azama by pairing him with Hinoka

Oboro is a popular choice then. Poor Hinoka, having to put up with Azama just to give him Fakcon Knight.

Eltosian Kadath, my man, I was going to pick Mechanist Anna (Apothecary at L10), but you are not using her. OK, fine! Then Berserker Mozu or Master of Arms Velouria (from Mozu) or Spear Master Velouria (from Oboro), but Keaton is already smelling Selena's back. Not cool, mate. Not cool. Then I thought about Berserker Cordelia... but stupid Subaki is already making out with Oboro! Get out!
Since I cannot remember the recruitment order of Revelations, I will go with Master of Arms Cordelia (pure MoA, no Swordmaster-for-35-levels bullshit.)

When we were playing 10-Units Lunatic Conquest, I was ahead of you various chapters and decided to give another shot at Lunatic Revelations. I could only stand it until Chapter 15 or so. The early characters bored me, it is ridiculously generous with free stuff, the maps are rather easy... (I do not talk about the story because I do not play Fire Emblem for the story.) Within the same week I was already back to another campaign in Conquest. He he. Good luck with this!

58 minutes ago, starburst said:

Eltosian Kadath, my man, I was going to pick Mechanist Anna (Apothecary at L10), but you are not using her. OK, fine! Then Berserker Mozu or Master of Arms Velouria (from Mozu) or Spear Master Velouria (from Oboro), but Keaton is already smelling Selena's back. Not cool, mate. Not cool. Then I thought about Berserker Cordelia... but stupid Subaki is already making out with Oboro! Get out!
Since I cannot remember the recruitment order of Revelations, I will go with Master of Arms Cordelia (pure MoA, no Swordmaster-for-35-levels bullshit.)

Things are getting complicated now it seems. MoA Caeldori (silly Fates anagram names) it is. Although looking over the post again it seems I missed an edit when updating the 1st post, so Oboro and Subaki are free agents if want to choose her parent (although I think the only way you get Berserker Caeldori is through Corrin Marriage which is already taken)

1 hour ago, starburst said:

When we were playing 10-Units Lunatic Conquest, I was ahead of you various chapters and decided to give another shot at Lunatic Revelations. I could only stand it until Chapter 15 or so. The early characters bored me, it is ridiculously generous with free stuff, the maps are rather easy... (I do not talk about the story because I do not play Fire Emblem for the story.) Within the same week I was already back to another campaign in Conquest. He he. Good luck with this!

I am hoping the PMU aspect will keep things interesting enough to get through it.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

although I think the only way you get Berserker Caeldori is through Corrin Marriage which is already taken

Charlotte is in Revelation, is she not? I honestly do not know. And even if she were, she may join too late, and I want Cordelia to be a long-time party member (so that you can tell me if she in particular and the class MoA deliver.)

Thus far, no Ninjas or Oni Chieftains. This is getting maliciously interesting.

4 hours ago, starburst said:

Then I thought about Berserker Cordelia... but stupid Subaki is already making out with Oboro! Get out!

Hey, she could still get Kinshi Knight from Mozu or Takumi instead.  I just listed Subaki as an option.

7 minutes ago, starburst said:

Charlotte is in Revelation, is she not?

The only characters among the Fates cast that don't feature as playable units in Revelation are Yukimura and Izana.  Could technically count Scarlet as well, as she's only available for two chapters.  Beyond that, you get everyone else from both paths plus Fuga if you upgrade the bathhouse to max.

That being said, Charlotte can't marry Subaki.

Edited by Ertrick36

3 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Silas as a Wyvern Knight sounds fun. Marry Beruka or Camilla if you like. You can grind for S-rank, right?

My plan is to use the "challenges" the games gives out for free to relationship grind, and if there are extra unit slot on a map have some of those filled with relationship pairups, but if that is taking too long I will probably add a few castle battles to speed thins up.

On 3/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, eclipse said:

I've always wondered what Great Knight Beruka would look like (her marriage partner should be fairly obvious).  Tee-hee~!

I have a hard time imagining her turning out anything other than great with this set.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Let’s try Oni Chieftain Rhajat (Effie Mother).

I'm kinda hoping this kid has growths and bases weird enough to actually make a Fates mixed attacker work. I haven't seen it workout yet (outside of Corrin) but an oddly balanced kid like this might be able to pull off that previously impossible task.

EDIT: There are still 2 slots to fill and I would like to get this thing started so I am opening things up so that those who have already chosen a unit can add another if they wish. So @Dayni @Michelaar @Ether @Gannondworf13 @Shadow Mir @Ertrick36 @Gregster101 @starburst @SSJDennis @eclipse @Azure in a Roundabout feel free to add another unit. Here is hoping these work on edits.

Avoiding double post

49 minutes ago, Ether said:

Let's try... Camilla!Nina as a Malig Knight

Interesting choice, although with how few men there are on my team (and my preference for attack stance) seeing her personal skill activate will be rare.

39 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Mitama as a Kinshi?

Great to see my favorite of the Birthright kids joining the team

Well that is the team chosen, I think I will transition this to a let's play with pictures as I go along

PART 1 Signs and Portends chapter 1-3

Lets start with the introduction of this run's Corrin

Corrin.jpg.11a2918c3df25c9367e887961c36acf9.jpg

The hair color I try to make as similar to the blue of his half sister Lilith; those exhausted strained eyes show the weight of his burdens; the eye patch covers the crippling injury received during his violent kidnapping at the hands of Garon, his smaller size implies the naivete of youth; the majestic elf hair explains his otherwise inexplicable charisma; a clearly Hoshidan name given him by his Hoshidan mother and with all the 'subtly' of Fates writing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryūji ); birthday matching the first posting of the thread; and finally the boon, bane, and talent chosen by @Shadow Mir

I almost skipped straight to the Branching Fates, but this is a new boon/bane for me, and there is a chapter that features Sakura that would let me grind up a support level before I even begin, so I start with the prologue.

Chapter 1

This map is especially trivial as the bulk of a HP boon is enough to let Ryuuji continue attacking Xander without needing to heal. Sorry for the lack of image for the chapter but this is my first time trying to incorporate images into a write up/let's play like this, and I am working on getting more consistent images (future images I also try to cut back on glare as well).

5ca6fb0163848_CorrinLv1(ch1).jpg.f6f18ebdda045fb5afa52b53c1cb5d25.jpg

Ryuuji's first level seems about as ill omened as can be for a run.

Chapter 2

A bit of a snag almost immediately comes up as Gunter is not among the PMU, but looking at the rules I have set I am interpreting as part of my rule 5 ( 5. Units that are recruited in chapter can be used to the extent necessary to keep them alive) that preventing game overs is necessary to keep them alive. I will make this change more explicit in the rules section above. I start by ignoring the Dragon Vein and heading east. Second turn I keep everyone outside enemy ranges, but third turn Gunter chips Kaze, Felicia chips one of the samurai and lets Ryuuji get the +10 hit from the attack stance to make his killing off Kaze less unlikely.

5ca6fe3c42744_CorrinLv2(ch2).jpg.83b0bee86b1d8fa5d79c9d62643a53b9.jpg

A better level up, to be sure. Enemy phase both samurai target Felicia, and the injured one dies, but Rinkah's forces are starting to apply pressure from the north (although the nearest one is still a space away from targeting anyone). I pull back Ryuuji to kill the samurai enemy phase, and chip the oni savage while protecting Felicia, and Gunter gets out of the way. Next turn Ryuuji continues to retreat to keep the 2 range enemies from getting at Felicia, and Felicia heals him. Ryuuji picks up this level a bit before the first map image I remembered to take, which is just after the death of the Oni.

5ca71deb5bf2a_CorrinLv3(ch2).jpg.36ca37e0a0a309cc2d653783ce0ff3f5.jpg

5ca71e00c48ee_Chapter2.jpg.47fbae29c7ce397785211d10b92e1633.jpg

Now Gunter goes to the space I am pointing to and chips Rinkah (and restrict her movements), while Ryuuji hits the samurai and Felicia finished it to keep her from dying to Rinkah.

5ca720e7a5734_Felicialv1.jpg.5def0a2adda846dd1d354b53475c7a1f.jpg

Another ill favored start. Rinkah is the only one left and can't kill anyone enemy phase, and Ryuuji finishes her on the last turn.

Chapter 3

With Gunter force deployed again, it no longer being his recruitment chapter, and it being clear that this chapter can be done without him, I need a new rule. Rule 11, force deployed units that are not chosen by the PMU may not enter combat, even as pair-up, unless it is required to recruit a PMU character. This still gives me a fair bit of use out of these force deployed units, but still feels in the spirit of the PMU. So first round Felicia pairs with Ryuuji to be dropped behind him for the attack stance when he kills the 2 samurai on the bridge and get the following level up.

5ca7acc05b3fe_Corrinlv4(ch3).jpg.3c47cff222971c49be1ddf0f549562e5.jpg

Next turn Ryuuji catches a ride with Gunter to let Felicia use her full move south when she heals him, and lets him reach the Dragon Vein next turn. This is the kinda thing I end up using Gunter for, pairing up with him to slightly change position to save small amount of turn-time (as opposed to actual time as more efficient turns can be more actual time consuming).

5ca7af9ec2eee_Chapter3Part1.jpg.8dda37257305ef96bed7d21c946a4773.jpg

Next turn Ryuuji activates the lower Dragon Vein with Felicia behind to give him for attack stance (and chip any archers that attack her). The samurai dies enemy phase, but it was with some very shaky hit rates, and on the following turn Ryuuji kills the archer that was chiped while Felicia pulls back to safety. Ryuuji joins Felicia next turn to be healed.

5ca7b32d0c9d8_Chapter3Part2.jpg.fcb5f12eca0e2c64b8e79f5052a254c6.jpg

Ryuuji and Felicia combined finish the archer next turn and Felicia levels up.

5ca7b3ce5e795_Felicialv2(ch3).jpg.f6ba21725fd9cd637c6f8706412cf7e9.jpg

Ryuuji is healed by Felecia and I enter the Archer near the bosses range to activate the Pegasi reinforcements, with Felicia far enough back that when Ryuuji retreats and pairs with her she can get them to the fort

5ca7bf11349c4_Chapter3Part3.jpg.17ef6ac649f7b495341c63db32da912e.jpg

With Ryuuji paired up with Felicia on the Fort he frustrating leaves the Pegasi at 1 hp when he hits (75% accuracy), but he levels just before the last one targets him

5ca7c0d2935f2_Corrinlv5(Ch3).jpg.d1ac5724e3d858df3883e273e94c3c5f.jpg

and finally gets the strength he needs to one shot them

5ca7c1a8297da_Chapter3Part4.jpg.e5cb35eef49b5bb7ba9d0585e59f42a5.jpg

leaving Ryuuji with the exact amount of damage they deal in 2 hits in health with a shield gauge one action away. After healing Felicia on the fort and Ryuuji with staff I bait the archer again from that same position only this time have Felicia ready to harm it on the next enemy phase, and Ryuuji pair-up and separated to give her attack stance.5ca7c2bbf2c6a_Chapter3Part5.jpg.32b80bacc6b2396e9eb54c0e8c0b1cc2.jpg

After finishing it healing, and repeating the process for the second archer it is finally time to take on the boss. Felicia is unfortunately 1 speed away from keeping him from doubling her, but she has enough health to survive the doubling (by 1) so I start by letting the two debuff each other5ca7c3e2d35d0_Felicialv3(ch3).jpg.dcfabe195d614e5f65e4c58f329ad327.jpg

and fortunately she picks up the speed she needs from the level that combat gave her, so I have her healed up, as with her no longer being doubled gives me a better way of dealing with him. Now Ryuuji who is doubled and thus targeted by him stands adjacent to him with the Felicia attack stance to debuff, and heal Ryuuji player phase until he goes down.5ca7c500919c0_Chapter3Part6.jpg.765b5f5976efc1dd4420a590cfacec4c.jpg

I think those accuracy numbers explain why this was necessary.5ca7c7be0c377_Corrinlv6(Ch3).jpg.0340aafb3a750c3e08630a14e63216c2.jpg

Now I really should have just ended it here; but the challenge of taking on the fort without Gunter tempts me and I earn myself a reset (which then becomes 2 when the shaky hit rate on the samurai I mentioned before adds another) by forgetting to account for the pairup bonuses on the samurai side. Next time I manage to make it by pairing up instead of preparing for the same style of fighting with a retreat path created with Felicia placement for pairups that let me take down the first archer. I do get a bit lucky in landing a hit on enemy phase on the samurai despite his skill, but I had enough health that as long as Ryuuji didn't miss him player phases (mid 70% accuracy) that was unnecessary. 5ca7c91889412_Felicialv4(ch3).jpg.40f976a876bc4bc759a6f0da313eb1b2.jpg

Felicia manages to pick this up during the taking of the fort.5ca7c98e7d108_Chapter3Part7.jpg.75879e6288eb36d0b623c49d9a5e5a4a.jpg

Next time I will catch you up to the Branch of Fate and once we are in Revelations proper I will try to keep updates to only one chapter, and try to get better at capturing the battle through images (and start adding story stuff...maybe).

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

PART 1 Signs and Portends chapter 1-3

Lets start with the introduction of this run's Corrin

Corrin.jpg.11a2918c3df25c9367e887961c36acf9.jpg

The hair color I try to make as similar to the blue of his half sister Lilith; those exhausted strained eyes show the weight of his burdens; the eye patch covers the crippling injury received during his violent kidnapping at the hands of Garon, his smaller size implies the naivete of youth; the majestic elf hair explains his otherwise inexplicable charisma; a clearly Hoshidan name given him by his Hoshidan mother and with all the 'subtly' of Fates writing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryūji ); birthday matching the first posting of the thread; and finally the boon, bane, and talent

Hey, it at least is an explanation for his look.

Still didn't explain the onesie. :P

On 4/5/2019 at 2:52 PM, Dayni said:

Still didn't explain the onesie. :P

Prior to the invention of the Hulk's modesty shorts, the onesie was the only clothing capable of surviving a Dragon transformation.

PART 2 How the other half lives chapter 4-5

Chapter 4

I will keep this brief due to how uninteresting I find this map. With only Ryuuji, Rinkah, and Kaze, I let Kaze and Rinkah give Ryuuji stats with pairup, chip and if needed to keep Ryuuji alive even kill. First turn Rinkah grabs the goddess icon and Kaze trades the healing to Ryuuji.

5ca7f2a163a7b_Chapter4Part1.jpg.4ac8341c007d629c1b461189ddfa605a.jpg

Despite my insistence second turn in keeping Ryoma from kill stealing, after seeing the xp Ryuuji is getting at this point I stop worrying about letting Ryoma kill,and let him head as far ahead as he wants, and eventually saves Hinoka

5ca7f8878f3fb_Sakurachapter4.jpg.7c344a196001e1ccfb060f0ca956bdbd.jpg

5ca7f8b5b3ec4_Sakurachapter4-2.jpg.6e01ea8c3a20580d0e056610fbcafa83.jpg

Sakura wasn't so lucky, and if saving her did ANYTHING I might actually care. Plus whatever happened to that "sprained ankle" that kept her from retreating earlier.While Ryoma is rushing to save his sisters Ryuuji decides to take a pleasant mountain climb in the direction of the only enemy that actually matters.

5ca7f9d2ed5e4_Chapter4Part2.jpg.4c5bfb714490942b21cb2e6fdfd6f45f.jpg

Kaze has to help with some chip/debuff to counteract its seal strength, but Ryuuji claims a nice level off of this kill

5ca7fac7aede2_Corrinlv7(Ch4).jpg.426ba09bd2f660d8d2a3fb17944120ea.jpg

Hinoka and Ryoma manage to save her concoction for Ryuuji to get, so I do before taking on the last 2 on the mountain. There was fighting in between and while one Vulnerary use was chugged along the way, for safety's sake Ryuuji chugs a concoction before mopping up the rest of the map. Sorry for skimming so much but  we are still in the prologue and this isn't a very interesting map.

Chapter 5

Finally the first unit chosen by the PMU arrives, Sakura. Now my decision to adopt rule 11 makes this chapter especially interesting, as Dragon Rage Ryuuji is basically my only attacking unit, and with the reinforcements that arrive finding a way to keep Rinkah and Kaze from seeing combat (while keeping everyone alive) is rather difficult little brain teaser. I start by killing one of the mercs to the west enemy phase, then on the next player phase heal him with Sakura5ca802a2a0e66_Chapter5part1.jpg.55ee6a4b5c754bd434742dccef782084.jpg

I tried to capture that moment the heart comes up showing the support increase, but I couldn't get the timing down. Ryuuji kills the other merc and gets danced into range of the eastern enemies to give Sakura more excuses to heal.

5ca803a245427_Chapter5part2.jpg.d58d228f8ebd777c8635177343ef399d.jpg

Ryoma does a fair bit before he retires from the field. After Ryuuji is healed he baits in the mages in the south east while Rinkah and Kaze have been pulling off a sneaky maneuver to make their avoidance of combat possible; they block off spaces to force the north eastern reinforcement to spawn one space west of where he normally does, which will allow Ryuuji to kill it next turn with a dance.

5ca804f59a65a_Chapter5part3.jpg.2e4be390fd1ac3b4140e476e4f767f7a.jpg

Sakura heals him before the dance as she retreats as well. From there I take advantage of the enemies desire to approach faster, rather than stick together by being on the other side of the rock, which leaves 2 way to approach which naturally gets the enemy to split their forces like so

5ca80681346d6_Chapter5part4.jpg.cfaec202cb8ef8722a1963fee4b13a89.jpg

5ca8068d9c714_Chapter5part5.jpg.7bca89a6a1e414050b72c9651e42dea9.jpg

Which lets the hungry dragon whittle them down. Azura levels while doing this and Sakura does while healing some range damage he took along the way (although I missed the image of the level up so here is her status screen instead.

5ca8071073e2e_Azuralv1(ch5).jpg.6c049b6023693937e48b3cdc95407257.jpg

5ca8089f63f14_Sakuralv1(ch5).jpg.447fe2057264439d26524db7bfe2f9ff.jpg

This continues until the mobile enemies are dead. Below is a turn before it ends as Ryuuji will be danced to finish off the two mercs this turn, and the turn following the last 2 mages die.

5ca8094d80bd9_Chapter5part7.jpg.fabe2997b78b8d590742d7557e346d4b.jpg

After this I let Sakura grind up a bit of relationship, staff rank, and xp by letting the boss hit Ryuuji from range, but I save about 5 staff uses in case I have a staggering amount of bad luck against the boss.

5cabd68abcf65_Sakuralv2(ch5).jpg.c314b0530bc6380a759783438a301f32.jpg

Sorry about forgetting about this image when I first put this up. The saved staff uses proves unnecessary as the chapter ends without issue. After this brief view of Hoshido and Nohr, we are finally to the route split and the beginning of

5ca80dfd63ff0_Thesplit.thumb.jpg.6343bdb064fc89541ff509c5a3b50784.jpg

forgot one of the images