Lunatic Revelations Pick My Units (Complete)

Part 28 Cue the Elevator Music

9EtJqdji6LrBkJV0rB1BgJa7ukKjGTcQasjWaXD5

Much as I want to bring up the old pen and paper RPG advice of don't split the party, the more I play RPGs the more I find this maxim doesn't hold true, but

Ap6u72o4ZPfvfOMl1kato77aeGzPPWKPULHeCZvD

this is why you don't split the party, being attacked while you are separated puts you at a severe disadvantage that can end in a TPK.

QeFN9L0xJX757ufjtsiLR52UWZCpTgSnq1Iv5HcM

Thankfully an untrained Gunter conveniently drives the attacker off, somehow. This should be raising a red flag for Ryuuji, as he is one of the more competent combatants, and Gunter isn't.

HuqUscdvImVDYu5TYPECfjjKVykuCV0JA6ZWHcy9

Gunter has been subtle in the previous chapters, but he is making his play now, as Gunter is clearly accusing whoever is down that corridor of being a traitor.

clfXfQJ3ua1FPlANTtaJrvpnHZauK5R_HMtkw_7C

Ryuuji shows some shrewdness here, by making sure he is able to directly influence whatever is about to occur.

neFtFW7IPCU9_XklSu1J9l0TiBjDsMqppiXEIjY2X0FY6-nFQObX8FdmPtMtF_002i_iKQ9oa4h93cbb

This is supposed to be the hint that gives Gunter away, but the game has kinda forgotten that Ryuuji literally says "The flower she'd pinned on has been burned away" in a scene where Gunter is present back in chapter 18, but

pBEhOprLNu9ANgBq6W-6lL_jK8C239ymkGhFxRsK

This comment is supposed to make us forget bout that.

8d45PPU-VwuiC042cV4wF6T1-jYtr-UHh5g4nN5QVY3yhy7Y_17nyjIEZ3NIcciZm6NK0i9XYfgPbDFW

Gunter has made a good choice for his fall girl, Azura has just been shown to have a fresh motive to see Ryuuji dead, as he is a potential claimant to her throne, but

whJcuTVswub6DxXJWbdxVUkFRMAoMCw484TFJXb0

Ryuuji is going to trust Azura anyway, plus

ZAeImH8tGB3qOyD_thORkRqNCaDFGOJ5csdgeVDf

the assassin that killed his mother showing up in the middle of this dead end, indicates that there is either another way out of this corridor, or the villains can teleport anyway, making Azura being the only one down this dead end even weaker evidence of her betrayal. On a related note how does Ryuuji recognize that this is the same individual that killed his mother, when both have been covered by an identity obscuring cloak.

l76WDq3yL1fLAjy_u_ihJVPilzE7lSN-uflGwp9D

Ok there is no way he is hiding that ludicrous headgear beneath the cloak we have seen earlier. Also these shocked reactions to dead relatives being their enemies is getting old, seeing as this is at least the third we have had.

WLZATYkLR6vclt8BnOyfD2CUTmphKowrMikOedgY

Sumeragi having the Ganglari both in his inventory, and in his art is a nice touch, if a little undercut by him never using it in the battle to come.

As for the map I end up leaving Felicia behind because she has disappointed me with a lot of her levels, and Azura stays behind due to the cramped quarters of the map restricting her utility. This map is very cramped, as even at its most spacious (6 extra spaces that act as a doorway appear when the boss room unlocks) 64% of this map is inaccessible by any units (even fliers). I had 4 resets on this one, and after the first I got the group a meal

gJmMdmTUUgki5jsp_hR_C0eeMB5-X3gPWGFIHtwMR-1YrPaD0HLN8JF4-UlF5xfR0Ek3piDjT_1cIloo

which is probably the best buffs I could get for this map. We start out with half of our deployment slots in each entrance room, and even if I pair everyone up to get everyone in the same starting area, there is not enough room in the elevator to get the entire party into the next room , forcing me to split my forces (although I suppose I could have left Ophelia behind with a pairup, and warped her in after they arrived...). I decide to split thing evenly

FgwVmgaAe5NJpryzQ3_odi0Zay8_Jy4RRo-6he0p-9TLhzYXBZ1QP0coclWIP4yvUI3IYNLLWaXgbQ15

So the main gimmicks of this map are these elevators, as long as the doors can close, they will move back and forth between the 3 sectioned off areas that each can reach. I start by piling everyone into the elevators at the start.

95DfbXj2UJ9FYUrGXY3EhUkeV6FBqxlSRlpagRYc

I will start with the north, Selena gets all the rallies she can, and needs to crit both the Spear Masters coming in to keep them from holding the doors, but with over 50 crit and doubling she does that easily.

6vEkH6lSTIXXceyWYbMlliRRA-F3CicrrahILzif

In the south I have Azama intentionally blocking the doors with a defense stance to help hold off the Sword Masters.

7foRw_ySQmcTHLphmWt7k2Fu5ZzB0Mf1i3zJUPHf

I do this so I can envelop the center room like so.

eiywofuC219cjsgqnyrQnnAEr8GqbDxI1T0Br8zo

My first two resets on this map basically boil down to the northern elevator being just as trapped in place as the southern one, not having the room to maneuver my troops and then being slowly overwhelmed, but now the Northern group can eliminate the mixed range forces that are otherwise pinning in the troops in the south. Silas starts by chipping a Ninja, Elise then finishes it with his attack stance and her bolt axe, Mitama then trades her to the lightning to get a more reliable attack stance to exactly kill the Onmyoji, and Selean crit kills the other Ninja. Azama easily kills the one he chips. Caeldori gets a bit unlucky when the Sword Master manages to hit a low 20% hit on the counter attack against her, but it dies, and she levels

C5j7Ag4vEhpDhEA5VDreBkA8f7HPPkYpbUoaAaqp

Then Beruka one shots the Onmyoji with her attack stance. Then things get a little spicy as my calculations are off by one, so Nina doesn't manage to kill the last Sword Master after a  Soleil hit, thankfully the Venge Katana is far less dangerous on enemy phase, and after dropping Sakura with Oboro into range to let Ophelia warp kill the Master of Arms with a horse spirit.

kfNm4w9xWCPdk0kR8aMI_Rne6CAYc8htiLrBnLuo

Ophelia lives the Sword Master hit, and it dies enemy phase. Unfortunately I forgot to have one of the northern group hold the elevator door, so they have to wait as it goes back down to ground floor and back. Azama is still holding the door in the south, so Beruka, Caeldori, Oboro, Soleil, Nina, and Sakura pile in to deal with the southern room.

j_4uYGwdqaqSH4KIRjg63DxwXaBBJ7Ud0qFugH6S

Next turn Elise hits the first dragon vein as she is waiting for the elevator.

N3ydLbNF4ML7iwkp5ibmFLHT4FNEXEalt7SOV8FK

Meanwhile in the south everyone pairs up to reduce space, to keep only units with resistance that can counter at range in the Onmyoji's ranges.

JUZESAm2KErueA18ORSZREvvkAum2UDcm6oKYhwMHYYPSVPavGuObGOIdU1r6bK5u6US4CYX8Lx7FRzE

The flier pair move out of Kinshi range, as Soeil finishes the Onmyoji, and Sakura trades her over to a handaxe to keep the enemies from getting a free hit. The north is starting to impatiently, but pointlessly hit the call elevator button.

tHjkmmObKaKdxMo4lN6VaCSYOwfisTCl7dSru8lV

In the south all the pairs switch to their undamaged sides, as Oboro kills the Kinshi, Caeldori kills the Onmyoji that followed, and Beruka chips the Oni with the raider sword (but more importantly draws those bows closer).

qaRzNtcQ9M_rzOxPX3xais2CZBO1d-5co654u2uw

In the North the elevator finally arrive and everyone files in.

QjDbiYPRkwrvFZm1sbL6frUDAZIKuZx-4pr-5ozU

The Oni retreats to get healed (one of the Onmyoji has a wane festival that covers most of the map, but it moronically moves anyway), and both Merchant move forward. Ophelia warps in to get a free Calamity gate kill on the Merchant that still has a lance equipped, and Beruka levels on the attack stance hit.

viM019h8dFCJESOsDOcbXrB6-AM4zBl4dV-viISa

Sakura grabs the kill on the bow wielder, while Oboro (with the dual yumi to anticipate next turn) and Soleil deal with the fleeing Oni from range (and hoping to bait some of the further back ones to using their underwhelming magic). The Onmyoji is survivable by all.

LDnGgtfeVwNHF2-FU49jt4tWQP5-xCjBWwB7BHe1

In the north Elise, and Selena get all the rally buffs they can, and both prepare their ranged axes to face the first Master Ninja.

Hz6IF0bR6bDdSyfjJdJDLG7-DQMoZn_Hv1S2Ud1Y

Back in the south every enemy except the last Kinshi moved in. Soleil switches to the less injured Beruka to kill the Onmyoji that hit her, Ophelia levels killing the nearest Oni, Oboro uses the guard naginata to trivialize the other Onmyoji, and block in the last Oni, while Sakura switches to Caeldori to draw in that Kinshi.

2D5v3O6zrEmCNVUNu9kFcRRl77Y4M3n7mnO6pMDeCW5iRl5Tpo4mcPGqdzJI1TNdjjBorWgvKl7lUto-

In the north the Master Ninja went for the sword hit on Selena, and she managed to surprise me by hitting on enemy phase, so Elise finishes it player phase. I move Selena a space forward to try and convince the next Ninja to also switch to a sword. Azama move in behind due to me forgetting to heal her before she moved, so he equips the bolt naginata to technically be able to counter (the only damage he deals is from buffing personal skills), and avoid being doubled.

cz9irDGkvMmo2gy4TQ11ITYtkBTjEg3-rdpMMk7j

In the south, Oboro levels by slaughtering the Kinshi.

wtDq3nnHZXx9o73OQcCeuucqPIMTknM4kaC7URcb

Then Sakura heals Oboro (and herself) and Ophelia separates Caeldori away from her, and Soleil adds some more chip to the last Oni with a sunrise katana.

9VzLHmSzctlNL5-ZIZNmc17eXAhIe9pMI0ivfOWy

With the northern front things don't go according to plan as only a further back Master Ninja moved, but it took enough chip hitting Selena that the Falcon Knight spent its turn range healing. Azama manages to get a healing level, while he heals Selena and transfers Ryuuji to Elise.

TODwgt2r-Og4SE5PyxfVHCq334Z6nyF2FJK1fUwm

Next Selena moves forward and kills the Falcon Knight, and Elise moves in behind to finish the still fairly wounded Ninja with the boltaxe.

JxoQFN4M4yOZI9X-ewv3XktJ6g6S6kqLzQXKvpoO

The Oni in the south backed up for the free magic hit, so Oboro moves in and switches to Nina to give her the kill. Then Sakura heals Soleil, and she seperates with Beruka, and Caeldori approaches the dragon vein.

x12qKXnDgQWlCrSGWHH3ojxgRMg-gOGvxpovKixo

In the north the other Master Ninja's stubborn refusal to move have forced my hand. First Silas and Elise move in and lunges them closer.

-WB3Hw7pFsaEH1MGto0QHZxebiDkULKxYzLudA3Pm-mWNVxpZSoGAl9J_ZyiRLGEFbFLehxkkuOVI8F2

Next Selena levels killing the closer one while luring in an eastern Spear Master to its death.

al61nde7nDtSxHPHwMZT-5mWWb9FRFMGhsxIwQTs
Then Mitama finishes the other with a Silas attack stance, while Azama heals Selena back up to full. Finally Ophelia warps, in to finish the Spear Master in the corner with the Calanity Gate, but transfers Ryuuji over to make the unlikely event that it hits no longer be fatal for Ophelia.

wsIJMaomdiNu0lReDXp73mx70XL1n7NrmLFbHKDA

Now things get extra complicated as I have triggered both the reinforcements at once.

8_1g7lzqnTByGIZOM9tyx2_0QMAonN6zBzgJvint0n47KxMUhB2wl0BPVmLJAVLLsj-J4mftgK1SL0sk
Those southern reinforcements were the cause of another reset, as the last time they spawned, far too many of the units there were paired up to be able to deal with them, they spawned such that some of my units were physically incapable of escaping the Ninja's kill radius, and the elevators were in wrong places. Hence the separation of units in the south over the last couple of turns in preparation for the reinforcements. Both sets showing up at the same time was a little unexpected as I thought they had a timing trigger similar to the last set of reinforcements where they are offset by a turn, but they are clearly triggered instead.

In the south I start with Sakura hitting the Oni with a flame shuriken, for Beruka to finish with her attack stance. Next Caeldori kills a Ninja with the Sakura attack stance, and Soleil chips the final one to let Nina level on the kill

A1ByIrRpvFp7eCAXRb7xO9ly_FfoJs9Uy0XHLhyVa0M9rNAH2ys_lirRxI-BnaJhPDYzTrXT82orifU6

The northerners started by having Selena equip the dual club, to give Mitama the level and kill on the first Onmyoji with the illusory Yumi and her attack stance. Fortunately the Merchant has its Naginata equipped initially, so Elise can level chipping the other Onmyoji, and Azama can finish it without fearing death from a bow attack stance.

tlLt5aqDxezz2M8WSpqveXfoW8ITWrVMEURp7LB6cTlWkR8I_2yxNpDOW5UNJ_lOFNVk2NA0vpODPfuz

Finally Selena crit kills the Merchant, so Silas can defense rally her for the other Spear Master, and Ryuuji triggers the northern dragon vein.

5eGGGjl32KDC5LBZUQNILtO2djgM3iEBTArrUR8geH9W4W2nG6IEjj6GJEUEErL8Mcb97gp_m4q8Jql5

The south is clear of enemies, but I need another turn to reach the dragon vein (which is fine as I need another turn to clear the north of enemies)

I_QcVhYzx3hQdQPPljrpArZurDmc2WqQkHZlR736

Speaking of the north, Selena finally swaps to my mixed tank Rhajat to draw in the last of the foes there, with plenty of rallies to boost.

ZfkK_L9iLwwbfcaMMFwYnZVxfvfOVfr6SOTSGPNH

To finish off the north next turn Silas moves out of the way to let MItama fill the Falcon Knight with arrows, as Rhajat finishes the Oni she crippled with a far more reliable lightning, and Elise uses her own lightning with Rhajat's lightning attack stance to clear the last Oni. With this clear the south activates its dragon vein to release the boss chamber.

YUSsXPOAQTeVEPboaAgusyoaZ6FJ4Y5kfgwtkTTgHoV1Ip4qbiAU-04wZjpaPDsvMyUuYOoKrv3kSSSX

This triggers some reinforcements in the north, so after some healing and a defense rally Rhajat draws them in, while the south await their own reinforcements next turn.

DWk0E4WH7SPi0EjA2FYcugRNUnnFGRsp-qTTL6RzyQZIlNm6avnY9g1C_HwMGHQy1vWY8sYdvRO76rnr

So I start by having Azama speed and luck rally everyone but Rhajat. Rhajat doesn't manage to hit with enough of her chip attacks to keep Mitama from really suffering to kill the first Mechanist, and Elise takes a heavy hit killing the other (speed rally lets her double for the kill). Silas adds a little chip to the Basara, but Ophelia is the the one to finish it off.

8Vq6tY39ORtV2WNvQ-H1j9Da9pM95xmqjll4t0hH

In the south I let Sakura draw in the lone Mechanist of their brand new reinforcements.

8AzHiSn_z-mNZzTiAAGTJp--tFJ0TUELKr9oraRq

Next turn the north has nothing to do but get a little healing in.

5HGxbUPlIxgjbBe_90SS82_ggwrLq2n-Y_ahCbjn

In the south Soleil finishes the Mechanist, Sakura chips the first Basara, Obora chips the second, for Ryuuji to miss the killing blow on the first after being warped in, and Caeldori kills the second.

6uWOZrj2G2zWM8Q9SL05EnsB3cinqMUYOovi-IIO

Back with the northern troops Rhajat tries to draw in some of the boss room's mooks without pulling out Sumeragi.

pHrw3CDqkRIwpyceusX3ythShZR7NphkGpqEhE5O

As the Basara in the south failed to draw any of the healers out enemy phase despite heading back as far as he could begging for help. So Nina finishes him after he sunken-heartedly watched the boss door shut in his face, while Sakura heals her husband.

VR3_wPPTQm4tsz67MRd81eaalhFXfCEEk-meOvWL

My plan in the north works too well as the enemies clog up the door trying to reach, so I pull back further to let the boss chamber move back to the south next turn.

_zkRbnDahAXlcQMdyacr7UbpubHQt_2eDao9ZA2DiX1FmDia-RhGzT7fXJyaUfa6S0fvvhMBEpPH8zKE

Rhajat levels killing the sniper enemy phase.
ON19FHiub5u6G0hlRS6xBBGuT21GGnrYzgf6HPg5

So Silas moves in to chip the Master of Arms behind the dead Sniper, then Ophelia warps in (sans Ryuuji, as it was critical to leave his convoy in the south) to finish it with lightning, and add her attack stance to Elise melee kill on the other Sniper in melee, and Mitama's shinning bow kill on the other Master of Arms, for Rhajat to switch back to Selena for an easy Great Mater kill.

aUc_F4XnTCo7qCq-iMvU46clQ-UkaoayX6cwqXfx

In the south I prepare to draw our Sumeragi. I start by having Caeldori seperate Ryuuji out to have the convoy adjacent to my defensive point. Soleil is going to draw him out after grabbing a Nohrian blade, and a last minute defense tonic from the convoy (Ophelia has been adding random tonics to the convoy thanks to her Witch's Brew ability so I had one lying around), and have Sakura transfer Beruka over for an extra 4 defense, her own 2 damage reduction aura, plus letting Soleil get 2 more from Sisterhood with Beruka.

IoNmA2iDKNLuoKO9xakCEw36_PEEgIzs5DKytFMgYhOO3PGDyIcblmcx7W2Qhz87yl_ofKjuZOkp3frA

But I forget to account for two things, first that the +5 from sword faire isn't shown on a unit's attack on their menu screen, and second that half of Berkua and Sakura's guard gauge gets transferred. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that +5 damage on enemy phase, which would have let him kill with an astra proc, but a second looks showed she would have gotten a block on the last hit to save her. He didn't proc astra anyway so it ended up being a moot point

XuPfkS0WvqcZbfzFtEIF_t3NRxNudHh8SD0-13cC

This is from between Soleil's attacks on enemy phase.

After Nina and Oboro finish the last healer off, I let Sakura finish off her father for a level.

v1k_CLl3Um7QBfI8vo3AEIfxqXy10OqWDZs0mf2lCJjdAvfd1eJB7OuOAEqGO5fypPPY7QXuPFFA1FOr

wgrC-juDanDB_Nsyyjluo6hzmhGVbbsh3KjA5ilp

And undue all the hole she put in him?

mW6dFIcjBnFITK_RucvzfhtOBFlxV-IsAoVWUtzn

Thankfully this is one of those unhealable fatal wounds you see in video games that magic can't fix for "reasons". He still lives long enough to have some dying words with everyone.

_IrqJT7huX33y55hSblS59oDOgD_CqZTPQ-V-PuYUqcKJf3v2ifLF0mN4v4ftuF7B1cBxy_3hdaAELgb

Including an episode of How I Meet Your Mother with Ryuuji. Much as I joke it is interesting that they fell in love before Mikoto's exile from Valla. Although this love at first sight was probably while he was still married to the mother of his other children, as Ryuuji is described as a new born when Mikoto is exiled, and Sakura is younger than Ryuuji.

XkoUqQDY9CRQ-ZZ5JVIuG9bd2twnMUW3C6KzLI9t

Despite how Ryuuji-centric his final words are he does say goodbye to his blood children.

We are coming up on the final stretch as there are only 3 parts left, chapter 26 (already completed, but I will not get a chance to get a write-up posted until some time next week), chapter 27 + endgame (as 27 is a trivial 1 turn clear), and for a finisher my final thoughts on all of the units of this PMU.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/23/2019 at 3:08 AM, Armchair General said:

As prominent Sumeragi is, it's kind of disappointing how he gets shoved into oblivion in the other routes (except for being pointed out as Mikoto's assassin in Conquest, but everyone is blinded by "betrayal" or something).

Was it ever pointed out in Conquest that Sumeragi killed Mikoto? Because I don't remember it.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:47 AM, Dayni said:

She also lacks her personal. Strange. Almost like ti's not her just let me dream dammit

I would say that's indeed the case - Ryoma himself says as such if they fight.

• Ryoma: This presence...it feels so familiar. Is...is that you, Scarlet? No, it can't be... This may be Scarlet's form, but the woman herself is long gone. Even knowing that, I... I can't... Forgive me, Scarlet. At the very least, I will give you peace...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry meant to get this out way earlier, but I have been distracted, and lost two versions of this. I have also been debating about getting a little into some thematic and metatextual analysis of the story in Valla, and almost started my discussion with Gunter and with a response to Armchair General, but after the last version got deleted I decided to save it for the very end instead, as it is a bit of a departure in style and tone from the previous way I portrayed the story segments. I have finished the gameplay a while ago so hopefully I can finish up my write-up soon.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:08 AM, Armchair General said:

As prominent Sumeragi is, it's kind of disappointing how he gets shoved into oblivion in the other routes (except for being pointed out as Mikoto's assassin in Conquest, but everyone is blinded by "betrayal" or something).

Even in this route it feels like he lacks the prominence he should. The gimmick of his chapter almost overshadows him, especially when he is using a weapon that makes him useless after the first hit. Both the assassination, and Sumeragi himself hasn't been mentioned in about 20 chapters, so it all coming back now feels a bit out of the blue, and the other revived characters come across as more memorable, and meaningful. They really should have had one of the earlier Arete chapter (like the first one where her name is still ???) feature the disguised Sumeragi instead, to bring back the mystery of the assassin, and give him a little more chance to interact and get to know this new form for him.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:17 AM, Shadow Mir said:

I would say that's indeed the case - Ryoma himself says as such if they fight.

• Ryoma: This presence...it feels so familiar. Is...is that you, Scarlet? No, it can't be... This may be Scarlet's form, but the woman herself is long gone. Even knowing that, I... I can't... Forgive me, Scarlet. At the very least, I will give you peace...

Thanks for adding the battle quote I couldn't get in this PMU.

Part 29 Heavy is the Head that Wears the Crown (chapter 26)

This chapter looked a lot more difficult than it was, with units that have some key capped stats and some overlapping ranges. I did have one reset where an Adventurer managed to dodge a hit in the 70s, one in the 80s, and even a low 90, while the flier he targeted failed to dodge his hit. Now I give everyone a defense and strength meal

zgcwFK992nMS5c5pTUFcZyow11n4-5N_yKadyqLP

with a great flair that gives magic as well

_4ztvNRE1xdRsDR4MBVJn1ZpcanQiKqBod9Ozqc_

Now onto the story.

x1bwbn3iFciajrhq-dWDQnKxCus7RkOfTyFdp1ih

We are entering the throne room a chapter early.  Now Ryuuji suggest he take the lead as

sbhlI2EXtqMnVxE5LWMpPlzeAyRn63q6kkSfzVMr

An interesting idea, but unprecedented for Fire Emblem. When some weapon is required to kill an enemy it either needs to deal all the damage (Gharnef and the Starlight tome; Julius and the crusader weapons, Reydriek and the Blaggi sword (Ok Luna procs, and some cheese with stealing a range weapon onto him for thief staff shenanigans also kinda work)) or get the killing blow (Duma and the Falchion or Nosferatu, and Ashera and the Ragnell)

3C_oUKAvUoLItTElp14VTjF4676NTyFDTlnzDCty

As amusing and trolly as this is, it does come across as very disingenuous when this room will be full of enemies the moment the chapter starts.

9l2_7CqBH2TSrUYiACrsHDsrrorj-l22U0SFgnVttumblr_inline_pfp352ORsk1r4hkfd_250.png

...Sorry the faces are just way too similar.

KL57CMhgroHdeqBQCMNOKHcpl8NX53sn8Oqu5gx5

Gunter has setup a rather crafty trap here as

vfGnnBEzSKQrdmHNzCLsT-c6CxukTq3DK3D6zQ1g

his argument is perfectly reasonable and believable. Unfortunately for him

ZnC3rTwDiNP4kdV3zqXsABo1O6bSuFrPPM2MPRQ1

Ryuuji has laid such  a solid foundation of trust, and diplomacy throughout this game, that even Azura seems trustworthy

oyBE8Blxbf2BvKDke-26hDoxFX3xaq0R4dMuXE49

even when he starts pointing towards the far more suspicious actions of Azura.

8Nmy0eECF_7Y-QCK1TB2IMzOpx9SZjTK0RLsfeEt

But as soon as Scarlet starts entering the discussion he mentions the flowers.

q4ym_Hsw9wDNs5n1Qvt4ug3H21jkgbU4mhxYCC3BurYT3NlN2qVe3BDbqqX2RRilOV42JI-IXLi3Z0VP

And Ryuuji concludes that Gunter must be the triator for knowing about it, having forgotten he mentioned the flowers in Gunter's presence back in chapter 17. To be fair to the writers I only caught that on a second run through Revelations, and it does emphasis the importance of this evidence, but a simple edit of not having Gunter in the scene when he mentions it would have closed this plot hole entirely.

783XZOt5yTX38arptVFTcG9qtW922Wk0l3hOQfY1

Gunter continues trying to undermine Ryuuji's authority with believable arguments, but

Nx9c0vSUx2_qYEUgBNRm9bWhVT2UfQlgPkyV3eBg

Gunter has also forgotten about Ryuuji mentioning the flowers as well and

Siv9A1ZsiP7L47D_2U_iZAzPBBpooppayJvLc5B_MFXufqYUqXfqW-9aAUWDNMvubGgY90rG2FhFmNgB

goes full villainous monologue mode.

9I54tMMMZVdbHfzVlyvMzEukEDzR2Zn3s9H2NAlE

The utter contempt Gunter shows for Ryuuji...

And when asked how long he has been the traitor

YujpzUt340BfEG-1ITvqvXrxcyoRvxSNk52lRjix

From before the game began.

And his motive:

W_hNnDzK0YbO1EEklfDG_mM4ZAYy2lhkbdIVZP3l

Just brutal.

LDRQAXksW2N6xk_NXzyUkq3PyjEorMI1csynH7pl

... Ryuuji needs an adult.

But despite the open animosity and really creepy vibes he

hjN7NrULYGdsbpr8ZTC4pErpI7dWNy6bQnOjxMOp

still believes in Gunter for the perfectly reasonable reason that

npGNiKIwbasJKb0bQJ0FNXKeJw3CyMv8KVxeNxcQ

and if that manipulation can be broken... but

Ql9yNnMYYsafkY7fPQCFLRquEiRGGpbrwoPYiwmrdSsbutPBz-gSPFB8gV51-sQmu40soXNJeesDOFM2

Now onto the gameplay.

KaaZbNI6vE_DHf5uZEpOqvHqa2RS-Z7rXAu5ckJS

Everyone can be deployed on this chapter, so no bench warmers to worry about. There are two big gimmicks to this map. First there are infinite reinforcements that spawn from these tiny lakes, but can be stopped for a limited time by using Dragon Veins to freeze them. Second, there are special terrain tiles that follow and surround Azura and Ryuuji representing some parental protection from beyond the grave.

mQrrJbN9Py4a1dHhvIN9eGIfA481-4Rn1cBPYFuRhu2Azt2d7qWfWr0hInRba5xvJ5vNaeu5nVPmfRZT

These tiles give 20% healing and 40 extra avoid to the player only, but do be warned they still count as terrain tiles that can activate enemy skills (most notably the General's natural cover).

I start this chapter by having Ophelia take out a Dark Knight from range for a level, and gets shelter away from the range of a capped strength General by Beruka.

l4rq4YlzknU4JwKQ2HE4XazmhleSSvfZCkv75M_m

Next Silas grants a defense rally to Elise, and Selena, so Soleil pairs with Elise (to avoid attack stances) and she enters the range of a Maid and Sorcerer to the west, and obstructs the Sorcerer from being able to target Selena (with her handaxe). I then try to let Felicia tome breaker the other Drak Knight, but miscount ranges, so Sakura is in range as well. Ryuuji pairs with Rhajat to improve her tanking capabilities further with his terrain, and she draws the enemies in the southeast. Finally Mitama activates the dragon vein in the starting area, and everyone else pulls out of range.

FNlYJmVyM6Fwym8_T0xR1qg4PlbO9FORsnFkGDh8a_D3dbhhxuysXlEUWRTDSekRhiTzqrrvUsCMqaFo

Beruka switches to Ophelia to wipe out the General that moved down, then Caeldori trades the Horse spirit onto her, and Silas adds a defense rally for safe measure. Then Silas gets a dance to grab a level killing the crippled Dark Knight. Extra paranoia leads me to get Sakura in position to add her aura to Ophelia, but gets some healing from Azama first, but I forgot to save me buying fresh staffs, so he has to trade with Sakura for a one use staff to heal her on the winning run. In the west Selena kills the Maid, and Elise switches to Soleil to let her kill the Sorcerer for a level (and trade Selena to her handaxe for enemy phase).

pbHmVOxy1SraHwsJ-N7xkds6J44Ph1ZXn3ZVlLcoRUyBwFTrwAvG5ZSpbvkynX_SETC8vBnqokjviVPV

In the east Felicia grabs the kill on the injured Berserker, and Mitama finishes the Hero, with Rhajat attack stances just in case. Then Oboro hits the Adventurer from one side, and Rhajat from the other for the kill, letting Nina loot the first chest.

G9zD6WdlWe7SfOAkSZB25c7EjoPgP5Y_tsFTiHlY

Enemies are really starting to press in with the Bow Knights in the west, Paladins in the east, and Wyverns across the line. So Rhajat moves north and gets a lightning crit kill on one of the Paladins. Next Nina cripples the Wyvern Lord in front of Rhajat by using the disrobing gale to double, but is a few damage short of the kill, so Felicia gets it. Oboro pairs with Mitama to reach the other Paladin from range to cripple it, but the last hit comes from another group, so lets look at the Bow Knights. First Sakura kills the Wyvern Lord that lunged Caeldori to clear some space for Azama to kill the Bow Knight that attacked Sakura, and Ophelia lightnings  to death the one that couldn't reach. Caeldori then pairs with Silas, which gives him exactly enough attack to kill the Paladin Oboro attacked and debuff from range. I end up letting Azura dance Ophelia to let her switch to the far bulkier Beruka (even if the next hit will get blocked). In the south west I have Selena draw in an Adventurer with a handaxe, with Elise's personal skill boosting her.

dbOr1lcwi1znGz_fu-qt7qy9S7wsS1H4Y2y7EatU

Next turn Soleil kills the Adventurer, and Selena advances. Next Rhajat repeats her lightning crit kill on the Paladin that was on the other side of the wall in the east for a level. Then Caeldori beast killers the Bow Knight (that tried to give a Dark Knight an attack stance against Oboro), and Oboro beast killered the Dark Knight claiming both a level.

HTNV-erdIp-jGqGwEu-9xjByKXfEAkhAJxK-TLwqh16MYrLnvED2orUVBkZ2ty5TzglmuA_PUrrIXe_f7haWM_iUMRa8Ksbn2GpxL_StR8Kgiq3qgkAcJCbe

Next Sakura dealt with the Wyvern that lunged Azama. Felicia then chips the General that moved down, and Azama nabs a staff from her to heal Caeldori. Then Nina puts a hammer I bought before the chapter to good use by finishing the General. Finally Beruka lures in the other General with a full guard gauge ready.

le_NL7gxintdjlot8EHirA_EkGwrfStyprBab4Rk

Next turn I start with a double dragon vein, as Ryuuji and Elsie activate them on opposite sides of the map.

PB2nabWl4k0uu9f3IiL9Bnm4NGZn6mplhRyw6w4x6hiBPJBEBpdrc68phfpoKq6zr9Aaxs9OZvRWAdRv

The change in terrain now leaves Elise open to a General hit so Selena blocks the space with a hammer. Caeldori positions herself to bait in a Bow Knight with the sunrise katana, and a rally from Azama. Then Felicia trades back with Azama to heal up Oboro, which lets her attack and debuff the General that attacked Beruka without risk of death (it missed anyway). Then Beruka hits it with an armorslayer, which drops it far enough that Sakura can kill it without risking a counter attack, and levels to boot. I end up using Azura's terrain to boost the avoid of Sakura, and Beruka while letting Nina move closer to the western chests.

DAD03KgkfGwsCW2QKz-3Lo7nARdNSYo_kO-GM1lOFLawfQz94LlNvVZW2rqgYDaXLxsFVZwXTVAD2W_R

Selena levels killing the General enemy phase. Then Azama levels by trading for Caeldori's beast killer,  to remove a Bow Knight.

mE2szNFOTa_W3UAXtqtV0_JFxhhjl-NfjAEqwU3Px4NrTtZCQr71aYPa6o0Bzj01bi-tZ8FKflUrotzn

Caeldori gets in position to enemy phase a Wyvern Lord, and Felicia heals her (she has been a bit unlucky with her dodges). With an Oboro chip and debuff, Beruka kills the General after hitting it the armorslayer, and a dance to do so again for a level.

PWn-riXYJciBc2OAgiSrU73acoYz_2LkiKkTrxzA

I then try to take advantage of Sakura's new tomebreaker skill (and heal Beruka), but I notice Selena can take the Dark Knight hit as well, and she can draw one of the Adventurers (by having it join an attack stance), so both end up in range to lure, and I separate Soleil from Elise to have more attacks in Selena's vicinity next turn. Nina nabs the south western chest. Finally I have Ryuuji ready to draw in a General with a dragonstone+.

CIDEhmVjTpjNtDiaOOH9UlwK1e0O6DHN4J2NhNLM

So a group of 4 Great Knights spawn in the northwest, and the lake in the starting area thaws, so Mitama activates the Dragon Vein there again.

pSomDXes_LTXN6-07zUwuV8FnR7UF9js4Yz1R4-c

Elise kills the Dark Knight with a lightning to avoid the bow attack stance for a level, and Soleil kills the adventurer.

liszGYC3KQLnKQApiezdgUh9xIndGYNmnGEGED9O

Nina then nabs the western chest. Ryuuji manages to hit both enemy and player phase, so the General dies. Caeldori then tries to draw in an Adventurer, with and Azama rally (Felicia heals him before doing so). Beruka then gets in position to draw two Paladin, with Azura adding her terrain, the stats from a dance, and even voice of peace, plus a Sakura aura.

K1DS4owBj_kgA7MQr4ERgArwKsUf6LyUnEvDTuFB

The Great Knights are pressing in, so Selena, Elise, Soleil, and Nina pull back a little, as Mitama, and Oboro approach from the south. Azama uses the beast killer to take out one of the Paladins that Beruka drew. Caeldori take down the Adventurer, but there was a little complication that the third Paladin moved in attack stance position with the Adventurer. So Beruka moves to trade for the beast killer (and chip the other remaining Paladin a little). After a dance she hits the Paladin near Caeldori with a Beast killer, but she is still a point short of doubling, so Felicia has to finish it with the beast killer attack stance. Sakura then kills the remaining Paladin. Ryuuji is simply advancing.

Za5etU7VPkP9qhhZx6T2VLKRATNQXmvCRhAnO5SB

Two Great Knights headed towards the center, and two went south. So Oboro, and Mitama range chip one, earning Mitama a level. Selena doesn't have the health remaining to kill one, so she chips the other with a handaxe, and lets Elise trade equips the hammer onto her for Soleil to kill one with the armor slayer and Selena attack stance. I then have Nina kill the one Oboro debuffed for a level.

NDRQTzhzviLAgbM6V-27yoYNi6JE8hESatLroNJTzyzci7JKFy2OVigX2P3KY2SiAqHWAlM3twy2MUey

Sakura then cripples one of them for an easy kill with Azama. Azura then dances Azama for a level, and he chips the other with a bolt naginata, for Caeldori to move in and trade for Azama's sword catcher for the kill and level.

UtUx0hneiBchRQDkRcN8URiBGVPjDaahcZ9E2y5b_gKGaqgaer33rXePNZ46RSV8AWW9ReAOW8-XxtyF

Finally Beruka and Ryuuji each bait in the remaining Generals.

M_5E0Xs_cd701myHyvnK7Q7hNAfX3PQTZWGiIEN5

Next turn Ryuuji ignores the General in front of him to activate a dragon vein.

t4yn_NvZ4Axz7Bpfn0Wsi-fFE4FXHW87LSLdQVxj

A Wyvern Lord went with the General in the center, so Azama chips it from range to give Felicia the kill for a level.

yy-a2SXhvl_KGeVmffHocCEqlHTzFPR2Ts9X5lRL

Then Azura pairs with Sakura to give Felicia a dance, but things get a little complicated as I didn't count on her terrain letting the General activate natural cover. The general has a 1-2 range weapon equipped, so my magic attacks have to finish it in a hit, so my initial plan was to chip with the armor slayer with Beruka and let Felicia kill with the attack stance, but that extra damage reduction forces me to get creative, so Beruka chips with a lunge

b63beAXLZjAWa3WgGz-zjDzpfPikMoSqxiCuuL9W

to then let Felicia transfer and switch to Ophelia to nab the kill. In the west I have Soleil with a Nina pairup, and Elise aura ready to draw in the Adventurers, with Caeldori moving in to flank them.

Qw_d_MAEih3ay42KG4lCxXQ91PZDqEc83dERzRiJ

Ryuuji levels enemy phase killing the General, and Soleil levels enemy phase on the handaxe chip.

K0SMHBej6CYaGibtDwrghsrDZPkmTGUbQP7M_E1oKfv2lsjUpARSPXcXvwyh1N0vs1LULLziGEPAyTd2

BTNzQZBTEwivx_qo4k7talr_GJAsI97g62_v9d5x

Just wanted to emphasis the only Spy weapon use of the playthrough, and the Adventurer does die to this, leaving just one. Everyone else surround the Adventurer, and Silas gete the kill for a level. Elise then heads back to reactivate a dragon vein

y0UkdGo8x3dLZWTeA7PirJ5dRiuIV3waJhATM1yheW9i1BzuX-R09TmD-81Ow4ZXW8t6yCSyxW6Vs0E7

The Maids decided to move, so Beruka and Felicia take one down, while Sakura and Azama take down the other.

IRBWBwOhlmTKa6XWM7BYwJHtmdbyIZacSlgnYkwo

Next turn Mitama activates the last dragon vein, and at this point with only the boss left this chapter is effectively over, but I still have treasure to loot, and I want to get the last of my units to get there level 15 skill. Usually I wouldn't bother, but it doesn't feel fair that some people won't get a chance to see their unit of choice with a full kit, and this is basically the last chance, as chapter 27 is an easy one turn, and endgame doesn't even let me deploy everyone.

cNckkbYySeGXDUYRlDUTsqswEstPXy1kMHGvZUaU

So I am going to grab all the loot, and boss abuse (he has a melee weapon, I have 2 shelters and a dancer, and he only switches weapons if I leave a unit in 2 range). I am going to jump to where something interesting happens.

q-SjS0RObhvAKsaTLMHvXqmKSoRP9CchNpRLKwoe

Of course Ryuuji does. This optimistic belief in the face of seemingly insurmountable adversity is Ryuuji's most consistent character trait.

QH0iAb1TMkQM5or4syAsI9wT6NpJ-2v5W-WIh1fZRFe2Hgs5KYnxOkLtnLSGnlBSo9fKuFm6imRWr1tx

The possessed Gunter continues to be absolutely vicious.

nXQNpnrNnkZ7UKAa0k97K7bciBeOXwU6KhjIitCM

Beruka is the only one to level during the boss chip, but just as he stops giving xp

01Trm1g3UlqtyYw9WygMrmb0SWlKWgtpM4vaEO01

These guys show up. The dragon veins have worn off at this point leading to easier access to xp for those in need of their level 15 skills, so lets jump straight to the levels.
gUWgJbh2kUwIN-qD13cr3Deec3nS-ocGwHOqRx5XBlVSzBnDBuklIb2w4TLMdAVJbSEas7l3fHdFdvmbLae3letHA8jeRet6_8QIvkrub5b3pk4DHkmsIv0tkpzTTRg_IWYBTMJIP49F5449mcZHKWvZqaSFr4e5cqiWM6F4Ms71L1U0YbJXI6hTi3cEzobPbEqk6VaoTtf7zdSz2WcazJuadeMk07FAJ4_ojPUnRb1Yqitp

And I save the last level for the Gunter kill as reinforcements are steaming in.

o651hnWGff9weSCEszHiGWKjjJ0t7yetoI0bYNle

I try to get Felicia to level 35 on the attack stance hit, but he has no extra xp left to give, and it isn't keeping her from getting a new skill anyway, so no big loss.

u9ysco67MxY8OJAHm1BKkwvDgP_m2UblFz8hkDt-RG1P5DzBZNyQm1TQ_i76bDe2BWLqZS88IrR56d5N

Despite Gunter repeatedly stating that he is Anankos

aDpRt6R86sJfV6_ks6-eoXwrSTfbFWIMwNRX-jfL

him addressing Anankos at the end gives away the lie.

SsVqGu0IOPCg0EQIVus_CCJX25PgoTQd7tUmmwo1

It makes these continued claims, and impotent insistence of immortality come across as sad attempt to convince himself.

MpHYxdqNg1oZ6v7Okw-rJkjtfAabMKQ1Fc5edSo0Tnlbmdp2wZwW6D6ZKLvRMN1uNj-hIJT_eWOharzb

Azura's mind song has left Gunter vulnerable to Ryuuji's persuasion

OTJ_g2mPfqBqAtyjXsfGMmYT1mHgP2EbRJHFx94f

I buy him teaching Ryuuji discipline, control and even to let go, but teaching Ryuuji to laugh? Is there some comedic scene involving Gunter that I am just not remembering, or never landed with me due to the subjectivity of humor?

AHBE0xYQ4un7FpjtSh_N9TYOK2focdXCIWBVlF0ZPszn18a3aHt6nTjqucw6OCr9JHhNvFZhVj6Muvy0

akc2vjvaKcMYRh0gwgyvNBoP5VssERuG_Vu900an

While Ryuuji seems has broken Anankos' control, it just drives him to this dramatic attempt at suicide.

psJcm65bqqoWay7fxqrSjnFlbSMH-Y4L7zKXNc4N

Breaking the precedent set in the last chapter Sakura, and Elise manage to save his life with magic healing, despite Elise no longer being able to heal. This isn't the first time the ability to class change ends up conflicting with the story due to magic healing; by my count this is the 3rd in the main story, and 4th if you include the paralogues of this PMU. I am reminded of one oddity that showed up in Mitama's paralogue, which to my regret I forgot to mention during the write-up, in part due to missing the image of it. At the end during the story moment she heals using her map sprite, but having class changed her to a class unable to use staves her map sprite just disappeared, which by far made it the most egregious of this weird disconnect between the gameplay and story.

Ux8Z13fZ-INGziMu5V_2yo1R3RF20E2_E-FNK7TT

Gunter begins to tell his sorrowful tale that act as his motivation, he snubs the slime father's gift

Yj0kUxgoD1MahNPATsU-C85h5500aKVQ_Ouqm9TJ

and tragedy

jf9C9wwZmmhKglnNqvm1QXUnowIU_bxVP0C1-avF

upon tragedy is inflicted upon him in retaliation.

aurRAxKJYaxuQyonr0xKFZ_FlI4igZB-HZVczaHp

This built within him a righteous resentment of royalty due to this blatant breaking of trust and abuse of power, and made him the traitor he is.

PR-jn74JRL2GhJxx1WmUZ2NWtg62f35mVuzfOW9_Tuu8B72unzwfLaBGBzfYWvBaTuqe7AnZfTWcAnYB

The future royals respond in a way that emphasizes why this kind of abuse of power will likely occur in the future. Xander's comment makes it clear that his take away is not about the morality of his father's action, but instead about the public's perception of royalty. Ryoma's response might be interpreted as the start of some consequentialist moral assessment, but again it is more about perception; its the impression he left that Ryoma talks about, leaving this uncomfortable distance between Garon's actions and their consequences and/or morality.

6M_8AGICHG1pBSdrn9Ph_YYUVZMtmqfmBQitLiOZ

Gunter claims he only took care of and befriended Ryuuji as a means of revenge. The impression I get (especially from his Conquest supports) is that this is how it started, but it seem as if that grew into something more genuine over the years (until he started becoming Anankos' vessel).

U3NtzctSrfmOBfwBSO0hLmwrIPKVxi0e7p1tQ14P

Ryuuji seems to agree with me, and then he give out the harsh truth to Gunter.

DOq2mPqpg4PLCkekuyMHzYZYSvcdYYwPlB0AxSG0

Next time we finish this game.

Part 30  The Pax Ryuuji...or Pax Azura ?

Lets start with something a bit overdue.

4EAWiOB_WhUaUIOi7npDgX_zwZT02x0UYPJ7UTD_6oDpchW_rIcamaHuwIJbUYqEU9Kl5cHtFe_pb1KT

After the relationship grinding was done I had less DV to spend on frivolous things, like siege weapons, but I had just enough to recruit Flora before the end.

Now 27 is an easy 1 turn clear, and with a little luck I managed to finish endgame in one try. Lets start with the meal for 27

ApWF8y6q0PDk-N4Ys6gpYYY1pMq5gZe9gZ00a2e9

Anankos' lower resistance led to a magic approach, and the defense helps the mages survive.

FnhX8f3ON9nd7KTVCJXuid6Y8EDvfIYkyVSxz5o8

The speed flair is nice as well. Now onto the story.

HfEXQcMbVZKUmT3HRo75rZHldv7nb4u_ARsyxXVy

I guess this is supposed to be the same face as is on the ceiling dragon, but I think I would have preferred they be more consistent, either have this Anankos' form be the full statue, or have ceiling dragon always be a giant head.

Dfra2lczWj0RlCdZXR_hF2EPgyibYgqt6Svic_cI

Once Anankos has enough control over this stone vessel to talk, Ryuuji immediately starts criticizing the way he has toyed with humans.

e_XwzOs_yv6i_7BCvfQ-D7Tj6HoXdbGHIOJkrYQG

Anankos' question has a lot more merit than it seems. Our own humanocentric perspective make it seem obvious why Anankos shouldn't toy with humanity, but Anankos is a Dragon, a creature with a longer life span, capable of creating superior tools (see the legendary weapons), with foresight/wisdom beyond our own (see prophetic song and Isana's prophetic message from draconic communication). From a draconic perspective humanity might not reach a level of sapience sufficient to make the morality of this action clear, with humanity being more analogous to an intelligent animal, having the ability to make more primitive tools, and make conclusion based on perception in ways that are more limited than Dragons. Now linguistic analysis is the best argument for human sapience from draconic perspective, but we do not know enough about dragon languages to make any solid judgement, and we may be in fuzzy Koko the gorilla situation.

tBA_W3tNkAHL8iyHPxMYi9TN0BjR7f1y2MkO3QLJ

This sounds an awful lot like humans are a domesticated or selectively breed animal that dragons use for entertainment.

NPS6C-1MqJVY4D3kHI731Z1iCnJ7m3Tv8Uka2AYA

This turn in the conversation towards Anankos' mortality and well being

4Hhq5FfAv7e2EzjQFOGdPtZ3sblEWjsxJUm4sqc7

with jealousy directed towards the human race does strike me as odd. I guess this could be his lament towards the decline of the ancient dragons as a whole. With the Rainbow sage dead, and the ancient texts claiming other Ancient Dragons have thrown off their mortal flesh, Anankos may well be the entire race at this point (unless you start counting hybrid offspring)

tqlZM1qtMN7WoX_M0vF7oap26ekLy3dV_nqkI1jt

This existential lament ending in a scream that rips his stony facade apart. And then Ryuuji decides to abandon diplomacy in favor of driving the ancient dragons extinct.

sKesesE_sYO0CFI2kvFi55ClQtMc3zZUksLQ0kU0

Anankos is insulted by the attempt before the plot gives Ryuuji his 11th hour Yato upgrade.

0XiI9DuIpXaJjJbnNJeIr7zLvkZZBo2RVshuL3sC

and promises to make the avatar his avatar.

crerXfWGRfU-J4k57r076RYSMO9nyyu_f5vaQlpP

As a part of him did make Ryuuji.

7c0qrtpVtlAMOrFs7W4JIUIqV9NSQ3zWUgqOJ-C6

The villain uses this devastating blast that does nothing because this is a cut scene,

TT8rKCMK-kUtiBYw1xPwCa97CNn54LyDAHiyBp6R

but gets Ryuuji to beg for that 11th hour Yato upgrade everyone can see coming a mile away, and then speak of the devil

eAPl43sxBe8SrY5uKNKXtg4hofc7txh3lFfi2Uvigbni-CXInDBpuOZADM8wO1AildseevRz6HuBbBQZ

The holy weapons that are sitting on the bench all start to glow
JJNji6vMEHgh93X-76M-vaHdv4n-DaoCV_gOftpo_IkMs9oZkDSS8Sj_3QUaTnMQBfHfpUe74sCqGcbr

And the Fire Emblem finally arrives

r5DEygkm7KUuJlt_TYaPVT_wyFQog3z2dd4OVrzIQs4HU_zaYaS4dyOGAStpeoc-wPnWmQm1xrfOStwQ

Now everyone is able to be deployed this map, but with a one turn starting position is a bit important. The big things are Nina in the front, Azura able to reach someone that kills a General that is in the way, and Elise, Ophelia, and Ryuuji being close enough together to rally.

K6nR5IG814jT6hwSez09ZqJeM2P6XoogqfaWhsv3

So Azama rallies Elise, Ophelia, and Ryuuji; then Silas rallies Elise, Ophelia, and Rhajat. Them Sakura range chips a General in Nina's flight path, for Ryuuji to pair with Rhajat for the kill on it. Then Azura dances Rhajat to let Ryuuji get in the opening blow on Anankos.

oDmJ_hBxgozaWO07cn7Uu26XnZTtkDdfUaAzYSdk

I was kinda hoping he would have a less generic battle quote with Ryuuji. Elise then pairs with Nina to get in the next blow, for Ophelia to warp in with a lightning attack stance

tuAraA7GMfY_SCO4dUOfJxBCQsb2of1ONQwIRpSq

to finish him and level to boot .

yhFACLo8a3oNmtwDr1YtnPg1mydXYVTPjYxv6Kvu

IN_gzLu3iZZDi0FiuL4wIX7l9ZGwgOUaZV5xrbXo

Yeah I know Anankos, these one turn clears are kinda boring, but at least endgame shouldn't be as anticlimactic.

yNN5yEuJzQKC0OhXtC-mKAeG_HjRpj1EqIGG80lV

With Ryuuji having his 11th hour power boost its only fair Anankos gets the same, so he brings in

0kK1paXAy3Yt08S9Q_-favIjTGlSEUlaJN-nteqY

Garon the slime Father of Nohr, last of the royal living corpses.

qTkgGfSrMfJhYDNQU2qV6Yd81JHdOLxQ1mZyvhrp

The faithful little slime servant arrives to his master's desire for power

2VxMRciwbpW_tnM8XSHCITUx8d1w0O5h_dMLV2TBxRHW0pJcFDaJtIWiqTUQHG4_bOSqZfPxC9z5CM62

with delusions of grandeur

U7I_NFvaXGYbIXgjEBXWeoF4fwmVPmMyDuQU0Lth

But Anankos has to remind him that he is merely a powerade

Bs2op3-wSCn-iJtIVJ1GO-4iHqz2esGvhpjAyKa-

And like any good energy drink gets consumed

v2Ar0_HjSLekI2pZh_N57ZdHOCBw9UGilte26hH8

Honestly I am burnt out on the evil undead parent's death impacting their children plot point. This is about the fourth times its come up in 5 chapters and it is so done to death that they brought it back to life only to do it to double death.

66m22LTjx9fIco7RAQNl11gxnJB223tSJphlmrCH

I mean he is the final boss of Birthright, and penultimate boss of Conquest, which makes for a lot of power.

jYoT0hq7OFIj1fDYkog4lCkoFNyHT557wfBopOTa

And then things fall apart.

eGqxAbixcAG08dGrIt82jpcHwzbF4g66tkH8pLaT
He reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist's Pride in this image (the manga/brotherhood version)

3PRA0OaiJlG_JCO5U7i1FLIQ6kLPk-_yejFn-6j6

And his full blown dragon form is literally blowing the roof off this joint

5IiXLk1i8Q05mdx7axugavEhy3bFu7rAWXzF2cWX

And an unexplained  black hole appears to up the stakes

h-VpgInvk7veGXUgbDyYekEr9liOxhHu6Q-54U2n

by having the floating island of Valla being suck in.

_jOh8uTBjrfFJVXTt9MFxVCJyCzSgkdqkRwdbv6M

With this colossal monstrosity to blame.

... I do wonder how he eats with that sphere in his mouth all the time.

lwYQ-v9cpssDTA-lSVsj3-PV3el6immlTkiqODgK

So we go through that same Darkest Hour cliche we went through before the Yato upgraded

xuCPS0zv1YkhcuoTxSj3cUSz1dEJaLqG7MN0iRNd-SzcfSjqkpxhQi37pZ-HcgfyvK9BRdzSn6caDRl1#

But now its the power of friendship to save the day

JeYI8CC2X3n7p5WL1F65leEvGjrX6gSU31jDQjdq

...Roll Credits...please

So onto the map, I have to leave 3 units out, and with 2 Maids, 2 Malig Knights, and 2 Kinshi Knights it makes sense to me to leave behind one of each. The first obvious bench is Felicia, now that Sakura has tome breaker she is entirely redundant. Next Nina gets the bench, she has felt gimped by her weapon ranks (and the superiority of Tomes over any melee weapon) for most of this run, and her cripplingly low health is what cinched her place on the last bench. The hardest decision for benching was Mitama, Oboro edges her out mostly due to her debuffing capabilities, and potentially high damage from skills, although Mitama's shining bow was made this close. The only tonic I bothered with was a rainbow tonic on Ryuuji

C7IO2VoZC9BcfESavSjBsE3xXNczYkGi4X_fKJvV

Revelations then pulls a jerk move by having the enemies spawn in at the start of first turn to keep you from making an informed decision on where to deploy your units

HUUs8n2zZ0ke0m2cWUU-zHiPPcVVa-aeiQAoidph

So I start by having Caeldori pair with Azama to kill the Sorcerer, and get danced to cripple the Berserker, for Ophelia to get the warp kill. Soleil gets a Beruka pairup to take down the Adventurer. Elise and Oboro wipe the Paladin out from range while staying only in Dark Knight range, while Sakura gets a Ryuuji pairup to draw in the Bow Knight.

U6LXP97fBm7Fj_SHm2gCyUYzr9xowlej_vVp3LgE

A Berserker and Sorcerer spawned in. Rhajat pairs with Ophelia to start getting some Anankos stopping gauge on Ophelia to kill first the Berserker, and finish the Sorcerer after a dance and Soleil chips it (she had an unlucky miss to not get the kill herself). Elise then grabs a level on the Wyvren Lord kill.

pxoaS96yxcP6Xjm5aERQF-zjbq8aGBelrkpISQbB

Meanwhile Silas finishes the Bow Knight, and Oboro grabs the Dark Knight kill. Selena then Hammers the General. Sakura heals Selena afterwards, and I get ready to take out his right claw.

PNL2uuA1xc_L1lBxtUZDGAMPj0_z5WE4LkiFYE3T

An Adventurer and Paladin spawned in this turn. Soleil repeats her turn one performance on the Adventurer, and Elise grabs the Paladin kill thanks to an Oboro attack stance. Now I use every rally and dance boost Ryuuji to get in there to start Breaking Anankos' hand.

IPPMKiJzndc5RLoTPKKs7mL2dOgfYMwqeXk9xrsWH-bEkHHEmgRrHXeXRhh1GB_ttYZeHobAgtWScwlX

The claw breaks enemy phase for a Ryuuji level.

7n4BZM9uA5nnoX3vJ0heBSLKuxBF78WIsQHKCMvE

A Dark Knight and Wyvern Lord spawn, Oboro levels killing the Wyvern, Elise chips the Dark Knight, and Ophelia warps in to grab the kill and level.

DfMhntCW0LTCsWlwv9dRXAbUJhgFN_PYuk1nrsNcQ2sgfvCUhuJAIchlGUeJ0suK68zFjOOoW0DqHi4K

Everyone else is just heading over to Anankos' left claw. At this point I got tired of these images empty of enemies and started taking them from start of turn instead of end of turn.

ZQ2aA8oCloSm2GhvLKnOe-qYPgqUuKsmvglHYwRm

So I have Elise pair with Oboro to kill the Bow Knight from melee, and then dance her out of claw range. On the other side Selena cant quite reach the General, so Ophelia warps in for the kill.
N7Qep2C8Ft89cEk6n6oW0uDvV5IQ5Nd0_YjpdZoo

So Ophelia starts by vaporizing that new Berserker, and should be able to enemy phase the Sorcerer. Next I work on the claw.

t0njr4p1mJlVi_V24Zogc0zkglx45YWPhVC-aaWI

She blocks the hit with her guage, but only manages to get two hits. Next I move Selena back as far as she can to rally Ryuuji's strength

iVjfm8EtV_LiQqEJ_EmH_cic3AJ5ImKU1-6KVeqL

So he kills it. Fortunately the Anankos parts don't get an attack the turn they spawn in, so Selena is safe
lLJn7KeHs8PUI1NdyRrQq-CIhkl3QqotXm0jDe19

With the head revealed I stop worrying about the reinforcements and go for the throat, preparing to strike it next turn.

o56k-lf8myg7fVbvY9P2ParxkluShDqPxomMe14T

I give Ryuuji all of the rallies

RNjBiCgwpaAPAVgprVSwomgm2uy89Wxw7M6YEF8G
but it isn't quite into kill range, and with how hard that head hits I really need a gauge up, and none are quiet ready for it so enemy phase

MGviFE1Lacn1QsP_ZO8K3FsZ065KKXvE06xR_evU

I manage to land all these hits leaving it crippled

FqPXWTfMf05NeGegSNbSwOciWaP0qBEu0wT9B_Tp

And Ryuuji gets an Azama rally, just in case, and levels on the kill.

w6JF_HPnegStKSSXD_9_bNg2QNFhZkoE0bLxfzjO
And I entirely forgot there was another part to this fight. In my defense the last time I faced him was back when the DLC was relatively new, and this time I was battling him during a camping trip away from the endless information the internet can offer. I am in dire straits at this point with reinforcements pressing in. Thankfully best mage Ophelia manage to crit kill both the Sword Master, and Fakcon Knight with a full gauge for enemy phase to salvage things in the east, and earns herself a well deserved level.

5uVkzUwts7LpNfQ1RXIJxTfr5h2-nIjT1wVdChkd

With Ophelia dealing with one side alone I have the luxury of using multiple people to deal with the Oni without risking damage.

Fortunately the Anankos core has summoning sickness

kKc5hh1BWtH_Agx6ybcJAZU1Av5r_vERpcj_EKVj

And Ryuuji starts the assault

qqf62eUj6eeXo9N8ic_OVUInjHjmyKkFrVBRC6yW
...55...Ok I don't think I like skill bane anymore. Fortunately I am rather lucky with hits on this dodgy sphere. Fortunately the Core uses his far worse magic to attack, so I start adding some more attacks into this

GJsFttRZTpzpVENX46GyDpQDptojL6Gt_yDm163v

Accuracy is terrible, but I think that is unavoidable with this monster. Lightning might be better in the short term here, but I am expecting this to drag on, and she needs to clear her debuffs, not add them. Again luck is on my side and have a hit. Beruka heads west to chip and distract the Spear Master. Ophelia switches to Rhajat to let her fill the gauge with some lightning safely, but Selena has to finish it with a dual club for a level (and adds a Silas pairup to get some gauge).

8En1T07915MAUoRFwwJqBvylZ0PABx4ok5VGy68I

Azura levels dancing Ophelia closer to Anankos.

pOsePtD6hEdFLGJ0yOS8HLDuI2yNnxujzqzPL-e6M4XLkO4w8usER_8iohn0aSsVIWKm_i0cCwlbAfm5

After some healing from Azama, and with a full gauge I have Ophelia start adding her attacks to the core

Mb6w6w-dqnN5QHEyfii3T9LfbpQ4dfv009cQJXsY

Seeing 70 is refreshing at this point. Elise switches to lightning so her gauge will fill on player phase to survive enemy phase. She manages to get a level, but with three capped stats her levels are looking terrible.

VE2AkcTKDWm4bHBmJYj8SvDaNsFZCc_4N36ZqZghqu18dXDkUJ5j_0YhFeXk88eqJDkayFHnQ1SYq5L0

Ryuuji continues this process of wearing down Anankos, and manages to be lucky enough to hit with both.

nAgV3pVBHEZQ8R3sd5zoJMscC2mhxAUfSQWKlQAN

Everyone else just pulls back, as I should be able to find a way to finish this on next turn.

VkH4ZYsxWls6Z9xOC5e1Togqz5NWn_SthIqwc5Fo

But things end a little early as

6Uafpg_WgKqpVgYLoAsRnRKvpyVO1eK4dFhvfSC4

Elise lucks her way into a hit with the exact damage needed to end this.

5pMCRHqSqJ4LRQKhlsMZ0LIK59G5YcbkkExtWGo8

...That should have taken 2-3 more turns with the hit rates I was seeing, but we are triumphant!

Nuz0162WUsS38s0kQ8eYosCVsTQQ2u_5krXdwcf5

And Azura has her vengeance at last.

ECUjLeUvEmTZQE3mRud84a_qHL3RdkETgjZQLhi2

He really was the keystone of her plans.

After some well earned royal rejoicing we jump to an unspecified point in the future, when the pathway between Valla and the surface world reopens

Y7doTvOVjF8j8q5kxpnXoS43hGAV7moQeZnBYBUjS9LTYtOQSzExo_AwpK4UA3DkMxQjGJKbecMabGrQ
Where Ryuuji is becoming the official, and recognized King of Valla.

ks45NCxHIpIeBb_WqL_PjrGzVRdJRuNASJHAkMKs

The new King of Nohr, and new King of Hoshido have granted Valla generous concessions of land, ostensibly to help rebuild Valla.

Oto-_GdFaItP5KWKas1afOu8s7MfKfaBrlb8sRGl

Ryuuji has helped tie these three thrones together, and make them stronger. His diplomatic efforts brought them together, and the war he led against the throne he now holds made them whole.

Despite the festivities

hMdh7cL6pgTmT6AmiOan4cp6v4A9lI1WSc8xnbax

an old traitor, and hater of royalty slinks away into the distance

AU5hLuOUMzqMHAJiqRNIk2fVBk_B-xD-UkMNsuz8dSKRs6YqIs9qJPRoPbE5zZOgAZOaKth1LIZQo6tK

An excellent question, one would think she would want her birthright, but

fA6Brr8pBKhtdsZHX9mIyu6K5NdbOG6IUch3ygd4

she has grown comfortable in the role of that power behind the throne, and besides

4Jq360ccSgoLLBtnoJeS8PLnebQ7v8n3bGPrbp0D

she can always give him the gift of one of her magical mind influencing songs.

3x1gfUBCCAKTwQn9B69c3ob31EpI500gYj3mP2ij

A fair question on Ryuuji's part

2LX3J7CHFH3bP9SOeOuGptB4bm2YTPjyzhxIFkKMzDTFE1dY1T7JaQegiqXfYbYFWCy151HrOwIb1FzJ

And she reveals its ancient draconic origins.
k2THZGYSxUuv41_Yek6rtdmSQt9MAt7PoNVXDeir

Someone like Azura. And she will be their to help write the song of Ryuuji and Azura as

McENfyhPb6AlgGBwOeTQPiyx0tlbsbngkLuOsuSR

I do like the image of her face hiding a sun, either rising or setting.

-T1vFLARdsSbBHgfZs1Hv5GtCFIVIQcrGhu4U_AG

The King of Nohr and Hoshido

AvEnA_gQc-1_DWnlcbEP6DHfN1xuFrhhccKMr0TB

and their respective royal families come together to usher in an age of peace.

-DJren6_8UB6XZlZVzVduXNKTVJERIoHCv1mjZcI

Despite the animosity and wounds they have suffered,

L6nIn9jnD6LpAQ--KsY5IoXEX8GAbaJPRFbVGWlW

Ryuuji has turned this from a dream into a possiblity

HIOcSjeQlfngCOqgaEFOzisQLDvZdo09dG3tat0h

Stay tuned for the final sendoff of this LP, a final look at all the units, and my final thought on Revelations.

• 2 weeks later...

Before the credits roll I do have something to note about the endgame stats of the units, I did not use any of my stat boosters (arms scrolls and boots included) this run. I wanted to see how these units performed without stat boosters muddying the water, although I didn't formally restrict them in case I hit a wall. I made it through all right, and so its time to do my final review of these units in order of their ending scrolling by.

6TyDfDbEViHYtLpApkv6ZuNLX4Mukfcms1wrnN9x

ViRppUkOriVUvWV6xfIhkyHplmw03_LX8Hu6kbODMBNrVnWo32VDfGtvgXZirVN8HJ6M8i7p3VFExEln

Gameplay wise Azura is great. Dancing and stat buffing make this game so much easier. Her being the first of the units used to have her ending makes perfect sense, you rarely want her to see combat, and the order is clearly based on the number of battles a unit (or married couple) had. Now I am also going to end these reviews by highlighting one of the most memorable moments (with possibly some honorable mentions) that highlighted that unit's actions in the LP. As for the most memorable moment for Azura I think I will go something only those looking very closely at the images might have noticed, when she paired with Ophelia to warp, swap, and dance to let Nina more quickly grab all the loot at the end of chapter 26.

fSZ1-f3Z_3XSgQCWcQt9zKBlxfEvztN4JmjaARCH

ohMdIP0jS-vWFzjaCyaxVBZf4Nd2oVOGiIJeF6tfzUDccAoFTewbiq0ruTr2Rr5ltB0w-z1KxXHA0wSR

Now for Soleil, the unit @Michelaar chose. She was the last unit I recruited and a great unit to boot. I never had to baby her, or grind up weapon ranks, or worry about her; but these all kinda contributed to her being so early in the credits. Her bulk is better than it looks, her weapon is reducing both defenses by 1, and her personal is almost always adding 2 as well. Her most memorable moment for me on this lets play was her tanking Sumeragi in chapter 26; unlike many of my tankier looking units (from that half of the map) she had the needed speed, and could add plenty of bulk to make her take that monster hit(s).

5Io-xwT49goSpONW5NWhf83XGdvK8CDT9-JRZqEl

fWDEQQI156L2o7jCJq70EGqcGnLEd9I2De2qTfZILXBtVYITAuw68domkJbuhPL4EPf8RS8rJVD940dX

I bet Malig Knight Camilla!Nina works a lot better in Conquest. @Ethers second choice looks so promising, but fell flat in the combat department, although she still had the utility to make me appreciate having her along. Being stuck with double E rank weapons as late in the game as I got her really hurt. Now I could have gotten her a little earlier, but even at the earliest she arrives in Revelation she has to hit promoted enemies with bronze weapons. To add some wasted potential her personal was difficult to activate with the rest of my army's composition, and my own play style; on a more male focused group she would have had that extra bulk and power offered by her personal. Additionally mine never saw a single health level up which made her frailer than she aught to be. That being said she still filled a vital role in my army. She was my only lock touch unit, (note that lock touch was taken off for the final chapter as there was nothing to use it on) and that extra point of movement is not to be underestimated. Her most memorable moment on this LP for me was unseen by the audience, as I sent her on the stealth route of Chapter 24, only to find myself unable to crack the boss room without more units. From her on screen appearances I think its a tossup between her opening the trap room of 24 (and then being immediately sheltered and rescued), or using her extra movement point to ferry Elise into aiding the one turn win on chapter 27 without having to bring out the boots.

hXUufg7-fooCTGhDRhScYiag8oW3kwPNdRVLL2DR

2XwYpF4qE8jIAS7Cv8yJ4cc4CPoGMTL_nEj-IFx9aFPKDiS1ojRNMnDclEQb5AXVQa6LLjgJ9cpXDzLj

@Dayni let me use best mage as a Witch, and she lived up to the moniker completely. I think her staggeringly high victory to battle ratio paints a clear picture of what she is like to use. Ophelia is the best mage of Fates, as long as she has a magically inclined mother, and this isn't the first Nyx!Ophelia I've used, although it is my first time using a Witch.The Witch class is extremely powerful, the ability to warp gives her unprecedented mobility; the witches brew skill lets you accumulate useful tonics (even if I didn't find many chapters hard enough to warrant their use); and the toxic brew sounds powerful (although by the time I got it I never saw a unit survive a round combat that was susceptible to status effects). She also has access to the Shadowgift skill, but I didn't find it very useful. Her most memorable moment has to be using warp to utterly break chapter 19, although her pulling my butt out of the fire with two crits in endgame deserves an honorable mention.

lasIKs-s5HeyPeR1-bG9QgiSJagmo8W4S3BmHGyz

_L1Ve-fbtIt6XXU-Y32RttS16EAje8P05A4A-rrkdovBOBDIyeBT5Wx-8mTH1ec4BDiE2e4UOFqW_iXH

With @Dayni's second choice appearing immediately after his first we have Mitama. I liked using Mitama, but she got a little overshadowed by Oboro. Like Nina she arrived with double E rank weapons, but there are a few thing that mitigate that a bit. First she got a bit of a boost by the Berserker shooting gallery at the end of her paralogue, second the brass yumi is the highest might E rank weapon, and third E rank bows are still effective against flyers. That being said the delay it gave in getting her access to the shining bow, one of the more notable ways she could outshine Oboro, did hurt. Skill wise she has some interesting synergy, with camaraderie and her personal letting her get some self healing, miracle (currently off of her as I didn't feel I needed the crutch) to potentially take an extra hit, plus amaterasu and her personal letting her heal nearby allies, but the far more combat oriented vein of Oboro's skills proved more practical. Her most memorable moment for me has to be in the early part of chapter 20, when my army was still split in half she vitally helped shut down the approaching Kinshi, and without a healer on that half I had to specifically setup her personal to get the healing she needed to keep going.

N8nsCGsdGxjBuoHNs2DxT1Gs77SScPdbsUH3MNL8

sh-3CZd2zyY7ggxZXwznuYWE9e1hV7g310RToYkV1meCJuK_m4xv6UkWZ9-7fvYBFjC_WqEwXkkp_tMm

I know @Azure in a Roundabout was hoping Rhajat would be the mixed attacker Fates deserved, but she ended up being my favorite mixed tank instead. She had two things going against her in becoming a mixed attacker, first her low skill which is exacerbated by her other problem, her weapon ranks. Rhajat started with E axes and almost C rank tome, which made her inaccurate with her physical weapons, and able to access the most useful tomes. The horse spirit is what pushes her into being a great mixed tank, that plus 3 to her solid defenses, plus the natural cover she inherited from her mother, and that plus 3 on top of a good speed let her take solid hits while still retaliating, add on top of that seal resistance and her personal, and she sets up the kill for next turn. When she needs to change to the offensive lightning is there for her, giving her extra attacks to compensate for her skill, and with death blow each of those extra attacks has a noticeable crit chance as well. I wish I had more time to see how counter fared on her, but I only had it for endgame, and she never had to take an enemy phase hit on that map. She does also have access to Future Sight, and Push as possible skills; Push comes across as underwhelming with only one users of it, and while the extra xp of Future Sight was nice, it ended up getting dropped for more useful skills. As for her most memorable moment, I think I will go with the way she held off the south west section of paralogue 21, although her choking of the central point of paralogue 22, and far more offensive approach on paralogue 20 were close contenders.

Wi4TvKV8Gm8n0yMAKBiW1oDcUwy3ZPTVLmZvxGlH

wx8gjc6Vx9mG4dtrRx53ilRhg3kHw8Sgui2UqXq4ZlhU35HoY2uRNbpaft2HJwEs0B_E78jAlACk-a8U

@Gregster101 called for the weed man, and he didn't disappoint. As odd as this sounds Azama was good at too many things. As soon as he became a Sky Knight he had solid combat stats, which got underutilized due to the utility he gained on promotion. He became my most mobile healer, and once he hit level 5 promoted he became one of my best rally users. Speed rally is excellent to begin with, and the synergy it had with the otherwise situational Luck rally was a useful combo. Note that he also has access to miracle, I just didn't feel like I needed that crutch for endgame. As for his most memorable moment I think I'm going to go with the double Azama of chapter 19. With two of Azama it finally felt like he could do all the things he wanted to, whether that was healing and rallying, or just going ham with double beastkillers.

fq3nZFsW5FALL-F8dY2hUUwv4ULvDGZN0c47ieuW

vI5UBZy1UixZO4PZKJ2Ipj-5p9yCw4jaytBp9FQKj898TJ3sejKzm7uftiL8CFoHIywK4fPcyWIA_yqy
@Gannondworf13 brought us the slayer of Anankos, Malig Knight Elise. Now she did have a rough start, before she promotes or reaches C axe's she is forced to rely on her far worse strength, but once she unlocked magic, she became excellent. I am a big fan of her personal skill, and Malig Knight Elise's ability to take physical hits better than wet tissue paper makes it far easier to utilize than in her base class. Her lower stat caps in Malig Knight worried me at first glance, but trample makes that magic stat as good as Sorcerer, and Revelations is ending at about the right time for the caps she has. Her low odds surprising enemy phase kill of Anankos is probably her most memorable moment, but she deserves a less RNG honorable mention, so two moments from chapter 23 come to mind; first where she drew an Onmyoji and Master of Arms into taking a ride on a platform before blasting the enemies that remained on the island from range; and second when her and Nina used their flight and high resistance to chip a Sword Master in the restrictive space during the breach of the final island, while drawing in the otherwise deadly hero tome Onmyoji.

K2x55ZK1TSRWUGMVvhYuY_MJIPLUwni_KfUFPzTy

Qx-bAPWDcJ_ol8p-4rMhbgLu0ATeUV2XCO0gCQsKrI7krn-0rJOP2qVQqYX5cYLD6bo8_BrBwqTjgmp0

Caeldori was brought into the LP by @starburst, although there was some confusion over who would be the mother. I ended up letting Azura be the mother to get her as early as I could, and when she joined it was a breath of fresh air to get another combat unit. She was fun to use; she is fast and hits hard, and dodgy enough (as long as you paid attention to enemy phase weapon triangle) to mitigate her being a bit squish for a melee fighter (especially with Azama's +10 avoid from his rallies). Skill wise she also has access to comraderie and seal strength; seal strength ended up being dropped due to it interfering with her personal skill. I wish I got more of a chance to see how she played with Life and Death, but Revelation ends before those level 35 skills see much use. Her most memorable moment for me has to be when she just shut down all the Berserkers and Bow Knights in the south east of paralogue 22, even if it did point out the weaknesses of seal strength on her.

6agQWJUMmvKhjIfmoJQ1hgs85LfKnzF5flQQzNlD

cxC8czcZdsK3WYV3W0p9yDkFYR2y5g4K8j6-fr0Qd0WKiBKcld1gOMwf7DgQmwCsf3mTg9WBXYayMZ-I

Felicia started out great, but Sakura ended up making her feel obsolete by the end. I find two healers is about right for a difficult chapter, and Azama's high mobility make him the better secondary healer after promotion, so she started having to competing with Sakura for the position of primary healer, and with Sakura keeping pace with weapon ranks and surpassing her stats the decision came down to what else she could do. Now it took a while for Sakura to make her feel obsolete, Felicia started the game able to use weapons (Sakura had to wait until promotion), and by chapter 7 could use her magic stat to become an excellent attacker (Sakura needed to get part way into chapter 18 before she could), and even after that there were times her access to tome breaker gave her a niche, but in the end Sakura usurped even that. As for her most memorable moment, I think I will go with her repeated use of Tomebreaker on chapter 19 to trivialize both Sorcerers and Oni.

2jg56m_8Nt_Ppb2p3mUwJ_TWvHs6U0AcEJfEb5z8

hqcgGZDC5HZab5ooBwM2vLS3QhIaFMyVP1lBw-iMJ9WBmeIm-tTpZ-BCNG_mpWJKr8yahetcyeVsNNVG

@Ether's first choice was a lot of fun to use. I like Berserkers in Fates, their heavy offense with high crit rate encourages a more attack stance focused style of play, which I enjoy. Now it did take a bit to get her weapon ranks up, but once she hit C rank she could hit that >50% crit rate that makes for such a powerful attack stance. Now I would be remiss if I did not mention that strength rally is one of the better rallies to have around, which added some extra utility to her. As a Berserker she has a lower strength, in exchange for the defense of Arthur, and the speed of Charlotte, which made it easier to get her in a position to enemy phase, and she was often at just about the right speed to really play with the enemies AI. Now her most memorable moment has to be back in chapter 23 when I realized her speed was high enough not to be doubled by Master Ninja while wielding a hand axe, which tricked their AI into switching to a sword to hit her (and thus making them sitting ducks unable to counter range come player phase); although her slaughtering the southern reinforcements of paralogue 20 on enemy phase by pairing with Silas and sitting on a fort, plus her repeated strength rallies of Ryuuji in endgame get honorable mentions.

4t1MPghb_-r0iGFkyEDRxg0y3XsXkxFgEKem-ARk

uoSJA46hoNrH0hf_m8WiKW5WpEN0rlDgKrAxqVo_lBov44bvlbgxY7tv4UI7hSeaJvZrwGq3VXg2wA4O

@Ertrick36 managed to dial in the Oboro build first as a Kinshi Knight. I am glad I went the archer route into Kinshi, as it benefited her greatly. It let her build up her bow rank, so that both weapon ranks were useful by the time she promoted, and quick draw worked a bit better for her than darting blow. Don't get me wrong darting blow is great, but she had respectable speed (she capped by the end), and an ally with speed rally, so the +4 damage did more for her. Defense seal was an interesting boon to her, as it gave her useful chipping with the debuff making the kill on difficult enemies easier, or just letting a unit behind the level or weapon rank curve get kills they needed. She does also have access to swap, which can be nice, but too situational to see much use. Now you might look at her stats and think she would make for a great mixed tank (especially with the guard naginata), and while she is there are a few things that made Rhajat my preference for such a role; first Oboro can't counter at both ranges (and if she wants to counter 2 range she has to give up the defensive stat boosts of the guard naginata, although defense seal helps some), second that weakness to bows, and third Rhajat can hit higher bulk with natural cover (plus higher health). As for a most memorable moment from Oboro, I think her chapter 20 activities fit, from a desperate defense against Master Ninja side by side with Rhajat, to wiping over half the Malig Knights of the chapter personally, to chipping and debuffing Generals enough to give Nina some needed kills. Her using the spy yumi to out-range and kill an Adventurer in chapter 26 fits well as a nice honorable mention.

T4--OGNKHoHNdVKKJs4WZDkCYlSrixIhWTIXwuYy

oijwBO2cDwdGHZOnkDD4tFUJ3DwjU0-t1DKo3JDQ3S8XvnjPsNFQwIVPUsELuMLtw1J08LIXYF0_UNT-

Now we have the first husband of the first couple of the LP with @SSJDennis's pick of Wyvern Lord Silas. That low speed of his has been a bit of a damper on his combat potential for a while, but fortunately he has some great utility skills, plus having a flyer that can use both hammer, and beast killer has its uses. Defense rally is a literal life saver, but its the movement utility that makes Wyvern Lords great utility units. Flight itself adds utility with the movement options it opens up (especially with how much open air some of the Revelation maps have) and it makes both his lunge, and shelter skills even better than they normally are. Lunge and shelter are both situational, but amazingly useful. Lunge lets you break up enemy attack stances, dislodge mobile units from terrain or choke points, get targets into range of other allies, slip past enemies or walls, or simply move farther. Shelter lets you protect units, or let others transfer and swap to let them act again like a poor mans dancer, or simply open up otherwise occupied spaces. As for most memorable moments, his lunging a mage through the walls of paralogue 22 to nab the shining bow comes to mind, although him sheltering Oboro away from an arrow in the open air of chapter 18 makes a solid honorable mention.

T4--OGNKHoHNdVKKJs4WZDkCYlSrixIhWTIXwuYy

iaFzcajAw6NlVNSbDP9fb4zx1HZXEAaUz9xqXdqV70OsvLQuSQcZo3Q2KbA9Hz7yhZA9bn08UZnJ84CU

@eclipse waned to see a Great Knight Beruka, and here she is. Its hard not to compare her to her husband when their stats are so similar, all except luck being within 3 of each other, and sharing 4 of their skills, but she is missing some of his utility in exchange for a bit better combat. That better combat comes from a few places, first her slightly higher speed has put her into a few situations where raider weapons let her just barely double, second her Luna skill with solid 31% proc rate (although her difficulty doubling, and not reaching the rank for a hero weapon limits its reliability), third her personal lets her hit harder when it activates, and finally the weapons she is weak to are a bit rarer and makes it easier to tank with her high defense. Now shelter and lunge (temporarily off of her now due to the nature of 27+endgame) still adds utility, its just more restricted when you can't fly. As for most memorable moment, her leading the northern assault in chapter 22 comes to mind, with her tanking most of the physical hits, procing Luna to kill a Master Ninja, and even finishing Arete; and her multiple tactical lunges in paralogue 21 deserves an honorable mention.

1Dt60x0YZBdQpKzFg-JSOcTbSibOBqXCwkXA5jwB

VyaE4gxueX8AoDhe_eHK0lXZiP9DwIUfcr8lzG57qZZk9MirA7moXIG1NzNXisJAr_LK3_RkATrXM86p

The stats on the Maid Sakura @Shadow Mir asked for look really impressive. I should note that she does also have access to the +2 resistance skill, but it feels kinda redundant when she has Tome Breaker equipped. Now she was one of our earliest party members, and excelled at slightly different roles throughout that time. At first she was a dedicated healer with that excellent personal skill, and filling that dedicated healer role let Felicia be the backup healer, and more readily use her high magic attacks. Hard as it is to remember there was a brief time where she was a bit of a mixed tank immediately after she promoted and before Rhajat came to fill that role far better. After promotion she gained the ability to attack, but at the time her strength was such that she needed a magic shuriken to have any combat potential. It was a slog to get c rank, but once she did reach it she could finally do some damage, when she wasn't needed to heal, which greatly improved her versatility. That combat potential was just icing on the cake, she was a great healer, and a great unit in this LP. As for her most memorable moment, I am torn between two, either her freezing Nina into inaction on paralogue 22, or her killing her father in chapter 25.

1Dt60x0YZBdQpKzFg-JSOcTbSibOBqXCwkXA5jwB

SYijBOaXNd8SS-PrhMGNASoBNQ7mBeJ6Jmikoony1hFbC2RQoanWB9f82I24pH7paZRORoGDle2dRwbm

Last but not least we have Ryuuji. You have to go out of your way to get a "Corrin" that isn't great, and while Ryuuji is a great unit, the Anankos fight did make me regret the skill bane. The HP boon added some nice mixed bulk to him, especially with the already stellar tanking potential offered by the dragon stone, and dragon stone +. Now his skill bane did push the dragon stone + into some shaky hit rates, especially for a weapon only capable of attacking once, but there are plenty of ways of mitigating that so while it was a minor annoyance, I could work with it. The issue with skill bane is the Anankos fight. Anankos' high stats, high weapon attack, immunity to debuffs, limited spaces around his weak points, and overly large attack ranges made it more difficult to deal with the on average 13.5 (or 9 with luck bane) lower accuracy. As for his most memorable moment I have to go with Endgame, the Yato having less of a penalty against Anankos, having sufficient bulk to take a hit, and the speed to double made him the obvious choice, even with his accuracy issues. Elise may have nabbed two of the Anankos kills, but Ryuuji did the heavy lifting against that boss gauntlet.

This is my first Screenshot Let's Play, and while I still have plenty of room for improvement, I hope everyone reading has enjoyed this LP regardless. Revelations was the last of Fate's Lunatic modes that I completed, and playing through it as a PMU LP made it far more enjoyable. Going over the story to poke holes in it, and fun at it for the LP made it far more interesting to go through, and the challenges associated with using units picked for me made the gameplay more interesting as well. I thought about ending this off with some analysis, but this is getting too long as it is. Thank you for reading, with special thanks to those that picked my units. Now without further ado we reach

qRPHTPiFDpOV0oe5yymzEnGctgc7sgb621UWHkRV

Nice to know my suggestion worked out well enough.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:10 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

And Ryuuji concludes that Gunter must be the triator for knowing about it, having forgotten he mentioned the flowers in Gunter's presence back in chapter 17. To be fair to the writers I only caught that on a second run through Revelations, and it does emphasis the importance of this evidence, but a simple edit of not having Gunter in the scene when he mentions it would have closed this plot hole entirely.

This reminds me of the debacle about Joey, Bandit Keith, and Joey's entry card back in the original Yu-Gi-Oh series - Joey is about to face Keith, but has lost his card (in actuality, Bandit Keith stole it). After Mai gives Joey her entry card (as she lost her duel, and thus has no further use for it), Joey gets to duel Keith. Joey hands Keith's ass to him, and afterwards Keith attempts to get Joey disqualified for not using his entry card, in the process giving himself away (Joey admits Mai gave him her entry card... but Keith had no reason to know that unless he was trying to sabotage his rivals by stealing their entry cards) - and this is despite him cheating twice over in the duel - the aforementioned card theft, and playing cards that were hidden in his cuffs during the duel itself (hand size is something that would be easily noted). Ultimately, Pegasus decides enough is enough and ejects Keith from the tournament after the latter's trying to threaten him (in the Japanese version, he also pulled a gun on Pegasus).

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I wish I got more of a chance to see how she played with Life and Death, but Revelation ends before those level 35 skills see much use.

To be fair, Fates in general ends before level 15/35 skills see much use. Unless you're Felicia, Jakob, Gunter, or a child of the former two, that is.