Lunatic Revelations Pick My Units (Complete)

I hope this fixed it, . It is kinda irritating that it doesn't seem to let me edit with pictures

We had a Selena prepromted version, but can she still rock the shades as a Berserker

yc82B7g84Ka2g38trQ3l7tVkWhby5n5A4WGrWst7

You know it

dWYRD2I2dUa9V_nAYguCmJ8uSulQdhlr011Hft7Z

That eye patch, it just fits with her cold and callous demeanor, and the implied injury adds a story to her new heavy armor.

jslpLqQz7bgJ6erErGQTcpMWMev_P8AAmf-ZIAgz

Elise was a tricky one, but I think having Xander's crown works with her. It adds this slight hint of regality to her adorable self, and with the hair covering it in part, it almost looks like a heart

hqxRJ5cF2emSQjAxFGZY9T7H9xovhkLC0a58SuAC

Silas is the only one who could wear the weed man's head gear with dignity.

nMhC9puEzykuWxTWhokcdYsSgSzn3IiTT-TsnAu8

The cow horns feel like they perfect the look. The whole Oni look is about intimidation, and this adds just a little without just looking silly

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
Attempting to fix

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right one final attempt at getting this to work

BGDK63wd8Fer3TCyPutbIAwOhYIO3K9zwcgAVWSS

Its not that bad Ryuuji, especially when it is this underleveled

KXCOGnnB6xdtMn6dbt-B-yszs10lM-TAjtulvGKs

The relationship groups are Odin and Nyx (already paired), Niles and Camilla (already paired), Hinoka and Azama (unpaired), Laslow (with his wife soon to recruit), and Ryuuji is forced

y8s0ZLZWqJqLTqnL5pS4wu83eIWEVSEPgtl30TJD

Hinoka and Azam will take the north while the rest head south to grab Mozu. Camilla claims the first kill.

7FpylEFM9s4_gVxUQDV9JLYgHCLgxhaeV9bmLe-z

And the enemy obviously chose to attack Odin over Camilla, so they switch sides for the kill and Camilla wipes out another next to the river, while Azama pairs up to avoid getting hit, while Hinoka finishes

3vWvVJ_hJPJRajPlMAKzVs2iEkZlKr3potE-dD5h

Camilla approaches Mozu to protect her, while Nyx draws in a faceless and Hinoka finishes one to the north, and Ryuuji slips by to rush Mozu

i2--u4ZFBFsbX-WV6rjat6klQlUygR9foPIb4XvE

With some pairup and separate maneuvers Ryuuji gets adjacent to Mozu, and Laslow gets ready to permanently pariup with her, while Camilla ensures nothing can touch her. Nyx took a hit so she switches to Odin for the kill, and Hinoka pulls back to let Azama separate and heal next turn

rz0Ltrpgqv4dT-W7wfQAYpVOvFya-2a3FJ3cKlfD

I guess this is the first NPC or enemy he has run into, so valid question Ryuuji

xHFQGN4LfCy4IUOo9kv6gLQUdaU17K-0cA4dUvk3

That is really Camilla and Laslow's job really. It does feel kinda scuzzy (but also in character) for Laslow to take advantage of Mozu's grief to get into her pants.

yLoAfIBBMRSesNNIGgUAMB00nvl4oz_9pwMftu6f

Odin can just barely take a hit from that last faceless in the corner so he draws it in. Hinoka finished her enemy while Azama heals to maximize support points. Finally Camilla and Laslow (with his future wife in tow) draw in the enemies that were previously pretending to threaten Mozu

3uItDbz-U3EJ0ps8q8BCaXbHVT_wsEhQP0cqJvqVFtWEDAOLjl9ph9WcNg87LmE2x3PDIY1iY56xy7Zq

Odin finished the faceless after it missed him. Camilla and Laslow are doing the same sorta thing just slightly closer (and after finishing one that approached for the attack stance), and Azama paired with Hinoka to get dropped off closer.

cQ8ivg_X9noZCCSePAD3_teEebInlnMhL02MYHD3

This turn is basically people staying close, as Laslow and Camilla finish the last that approach, Azama and Hinoka stayed in place finishing and healing (although forgot an image for that), and Odin is trying to regroup.

ze14WZG9gANfBIcgJNdQPdmWUzdfEcZAFCRFcW0J

We are beginning to converge on the boss (although Odin/Nyx will never make it in time)

KN2L9HhenyqPD9qiL_7YViz7XKZ3OOcLCrB2E_6m

As Laslow finishes one of the last faceless in the area Camilla pulls ahead and separates to let Niles get in some attacks, as Azama and Hinoka have another finish and heal round

yj3_fWRB35CEhRCHro80-dpveKAfSeSPPdZmC1pT

Camilla had an unlucky miss to let it live long enough for an enemy phase.

f6KE4Mwds3mdscwkhr1-UTKPz4GIoXI6yxW5fVVk

I was going to call into question how old she was that she acts like losing her mother is tantamount to losing her life, but

afRJNVoRheXpaXmsjo0TgA2p7omDuu3eAjXuPCO-

that kinda put it into better context. Don't worry Mozu, things won't be the same

2YFZMtietjDmHqwfcq_aZDqfQx9RkjwVQvJI83Rk

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
I really hope this works fully

Sorry about all the technical difficulties. I hope I have the image problem sorted this time.

Part 18 Azura's Masterpiece.

Those who have been reading through and know Revelation's story may have noticed a key plot point that I have been tip toeing around, the importance of the changing sky. Its time for a flashback to the first trip to Valla

FKQajqv0dG9Y-XWFLdnFgqmaxmsIZEXCLHYpazwXx5pK7zAK7WvhcH-L-pXo6cnc0P5cmLrGLeVFdAsq7_Zx8b-IS197eENmxlBuhesCU8HNcVObGjc7inNd

The pathway between the bottomless canyon and Valla is about to close for decades. By setting this time limit, and pointedly ignoring how they would leave Valla after it closes, Azura gently led Ryuuji to coordinate his entry to Valla, with all of his allies, for the last possible second. Now the entire royal families of Nohr and Hoshido, the daughters of the Fire tribe and Ice tribe's chiefs, the adoptive son of the Wind tribe's chief, the chief of the Wolfskin tribe, the (possibly former) chief of the Kitsune tribe, and the leader of the Chevois  knights, will all be trapped in Valla and forced to aid in the overthrow of her kingdom's usurper. With everyone that knows of the great Xander-Ryoma peace trapped in Valla, there is no major impediment to Garon and Yukimura continuing the war. Papa Garon and Yukimura might be maintaining control of Hoshido and Nohr for now, but Yukimura's clearly concerned about the stability of his position if the Hoshidan royals are gone too long

qmjKvQJmVawk_0q_w8j-q12iWhcUs3Ssf2m6hdkd

and when Anankos's magic is no longer sustaining the slime father, well if IS handles that like they did in the past

wRCznHr35dK2mRM8kfEYgMD65DBBmJ2DObCn9MRX

he dies. The two greatest kingdoms of Fateslandia are hurdling towards this disastrous limbo of succession that will drain their manpower and resources, and if the Vallanese throne is secured with enough years remaining in their decades of entrapment to recover and consolidate their holdings, they are in a position to emerge as the greatest power in Fateslandia. Even the minor powers have been left either crippled (Izumo is already facing the question of succession, Mokushu has been conquered, Nestra was sacked, and Notre Sagesse is sans Sage) or with prominent hostages already within reach. If Azura emerges victorious I would expect Valla to usher in a new peace while gaining generous land concessions from the ransomed kings.

Now back to the present

TjJSkd-1NimJXh2Zg2j65di1xuB3xg-7_F4qQijN

Ryuuji is too committed to back down

WiKnNHoC3EarLlddjQ7FaGAvTEno-oMZE_mnpRTi

but there are some reasonable concerns

-Syn_Lu71MAxQqBuY7CnHrrKHlMFMFU3hjUGJhtG

which Ryuuji is ready to "sacrifice" himself to the curse to solve.

27nmTBLTq99Qc2sB0p4ZMI8ytRSVCUeB-EWkFCRk

Azura desperately tries to stop him, but its Scarlet with the solution

KEmcCfdjw1mq8If6pgINxKb4eKN3sCPOPFneJCVo

Ryuuji has built an army so loyal to him that they would follow him over a literal cliff.

iTrbbR1VnzLU7HrDpTjWQ1sVKzrGdDI8CbIBAm3P

Ryoma should really be able to get an S support with Scarlet.

EN8oCLxBBhyW21_zOxsj_R4VHT3unGwfkX1hjT8rEXS9r_WXxqE641LgAlLQXocmrT3yU9FJD9JH8DQW

I am glad I got her those glasses that caught her eye before

s5jZ5L21fNjx6cNuWCuDVsOsAYCcUi8sbPBS1qKw

uiqBfDMedNILN7BC_Npp3nrrVIukxXP_I4MXPiQb

Before an agent of Anankos attempted to assassinate Ryuuji

3JeSTJQBKTa57wxchE_fS4tkdn6hGGVN-wedi8kT

and instead crushed that flower of Chevois youth, and bravery

c0TIsbWSM8Di8pTrcVRDNpGSKBUuoZteYyj1fD-S

sorry I felt this LP needed a moment of silence for Scarlet.

Now onto some quick preps. I decide that rule 3 doesn't count paralogues as chapters, so the +1 bronze lance I made for Azama called the Caduceus will count. Next Azama and Mitama need their accesories.

4ry1jitfxAinTR-sO1tPwGpebsMQZsdYS1Z6UiYF

... you know what I'm implying

GLG39LUt0Qibvwt1YW1CqniPAHhUbpZVoc44Lq_m

I think the sun motif fits her starry eyes, plus finishing the circle of the Kinshi ornamentation is a must.

Finally on to the chapter, one unit has got to warm the bench, and with this chapter splitting up the crew, I decide to leave Azura behind. Dancing is strongest when the crew is together, and there will be points where there will be very few units to protect her from safety. I do net a reset when I try to split the army four way, so on the winning run I do the far more sensible option and split 3 ways, one for each healer, and they will be named as such

b8G1jkUTNzBVJ6n93cD_Ikr_UyLdrDKd-upmyqeY

Let's start with Azama's army, which attacked the north west. Beruka chips the berserker first, then Rhajat was going to resistance seal, but death blow lets her kill it on her own. Azama and Elise join after

UB0so2bpsMc7TTrJJyXvs6TT9L_AvO5yx1WF9S2z

Now Sakura's army, which attacked the north east. First Selena gets a Ryuuji attack stance to get the speed to double with the killer axe, but she manages to miss twice, which is fine because she crits on the Silas attack stance for the kill and a level on him. My first thought with Sakura is to simply separate Ryuuji out, but decide to heal after committing to the transfer (she wasn't that low on health, but with so few units it might make a difference).

qSsK3XZ2RqUNo_7oE30sqbzl2-ebKc8mhC8sHSypSP7pfNm_Z2j-LeRbbJ03kf5h1LcxT9uMffLAu04Y

Finally Felicia's army, which attacked the south east. Caeldori moves in to give Felicia an attack stance with her debuffing chip, and then Mitama moves in to give Oboro her attack stance, but on the fort makes the Oni too tough to take town on the first round

4WSN-fDO-mZDTqcY6xSZBCd0lWGl632HbG3iLlTc

Turn 2 Azama manages to level off of the chip on the first spearmen to approach, and after a Rhajat range chip, Beruka kills, while Elise stays close due to the concentration of bows to the south

DUHaoG6YajgqIyjQbdKE20sdpZ4z7QwbvoxTMoZLHjJTFGc5lbojqQsoyaKdQisput3QclxJscp7Z5tD

Next Sakura starts by debuffing (and giving Selena some extra attack stance accuracy) the berserker that moved up, and then Selena crits it to death, so Silas separates Ryuuji from Sakura instead of finishing the berserker.

1SVZA5yoStxzVAUaum_WOPUbLlnXpiF5q-mBlj_3

Then Felcia heals Oboro and herself, Caeldori chips the Oni Chieftan more, while Oboro moves forward with a killer lance to bait in the Great Master, and let Mitama claim the kill for a level with a solid attack stance.

nhFr431jhc484P7o7yHLXZ7d_yGpPHg3zQmtiv6NU_G3fF_98IKEdFESAHq4TIbOiphGyL8V7JB4QkNL

First Rhajat moves to add attack stance to the two ranged attacks against the merchant, it still has a lance equipped so Beruka and Elise together kill it safely, and Beruka claims a level, as Azama moves pairs with Beruka to protect her from attack stances on enemy phase, and keep the Onmyoji from doubling with the handaxe equipped.

iWTBQKhFl0J1FOqcCfMVnXxkksmjH_frGMvWvUeXrmWq2289QVvwS7AmG4ZtljHhSMxJ20QvH70epBnz

Sakura and Felicia's armies are close enough to capture with a single image. Sakura opens by chipping and debuffing the Basara, then Ryuuji prepares to chip with dragon tanking to follow, and Selena crits (and levels to boot), so both Selena and Silas rally up defense and strength

upGDIFSa2UWn4SJa_MXg_w4N1ObmuxVRhsdSFLeR

Oboro doesn't crit, so Caeldori chips from range, and Oboro finishes it. Then Felicia chips the Master of Arms that moved in for the attack stance, and Mitama gets exact damage to kill with her bronze lance

yaRLvEDWnqpxpkfsP9NTewrxvfHIkw8hLkND34mR

Now with Azama's army, Elise gets the spearman kill with the boltaxe, then Rhajat gets the kill with the Beruka attack stance on the Onmyoji, then Beruka switches to Azama and transfers Beruka to heal up Rhajat (plus the defense from the Beruka pairup compensates for the old defense seal)

tFvVrYpF_h2WkAkQHX9SSbaBkJ7vMW13LCotkjcQ

Now Sakura goes for some debuffing  (mostly trying to reach C rank shurikens) and chip with Silas to give Ryuuji the kill. Most of Felicia's army is about to join Sakura's but Mitama activates the south eastern dragon vein

d9EFKKTRDjF5KsrFR3SLRjkRkX-jN1-Uh0ZIXgaisGTsEULn5MwNAE2jNBefr6QmXSpnApNZIReaeCVR

Back with Azama's army, Azama finishes the first sniper that missed Rhajat, and she baits in the next bowman (there are two with overlapping ranges but only one space they can attack from), and Elise activates the north western dragon vein

IoYwJVioyY_0X5TyjyYv9TuBLULtIYS-kWydin8ZAT2gnZy_Wm1xrOpMKXjLo01-WkGBk5ZjS2ZVwcmJ

The Maid's armies are combining together. I have a bit of a sloppy play when Sakura heals the 1 HP Silas got on a levelup instead of pairing up to take advantage of his movement, but this turn is just the two armies meeting. Going forward I will use cardinal direction to distinguish the two armies till they merge

Ti_z6udznkPtfgYCVHzl00tenorH3dR-V6VsDrGC

In the west we do some repositioning, the most important of which is to have Rhajat move back a space to change the sniper and merchants ranges

9_EL6oUl_1v-DJSRGpv5npEr4ZeOMeVTOGGraI5T

In the east Oboro hits the general with a hammer attack stance from Selena for a level, and Caeldori manages to finish him off (after a strength rally on her, and her attack stance partner) for another level. Sakura heals Ryuuji, Felicia heals Selena, and she sets up the strength rally and the attack stance for Ryuuji, that levels chipping the maid in hope that it will run off letting me draw in the adventurer. Mitama gets in a position to activate the north eastern dragon vein, and Silas pointlessly defense rallied Ryuuji, as the stationary Onmyoji on the fort range heals the maid back up to full enemy phase, and she just sits there.

-yuuAfAjqG24JphvKAKLI5tOkIylYnX4VXxQs2imtMz8f2oYdQyUrRwfyqiUD8_8q8d7NHKgDV3Ohk1bAHBGfw0GMpTQUQ_MHDRPL_n40ZOypu4gF14LWovEMa53uBgRYvhkXWlMZzHreQFHEmqOrrimPwOnpOsY

This was a reinforcement turn, one of which was a very pointed reminder that I haven't activated the north eastern dragon. In the west Rhajat got the hits needed to kill the merchant on enemy phase, but with a new sword master that spawned in the center, and sniper from the south I decide to pull back a little and let the badly injured Beruka she has been protecting in her guard stance get some healing

Tlnwypfz08Fp_L1MWda1CiFU6Rbbxwd0X3MgPUA0

In the east I have Caeldori activate the far eastern dragon vein, Oboro move in position to let Sakura and Mitama get the attack stance on the Onmyoji that just spawned on the north eastern, and after they kill it, Ryuuji catches a ride with Silas to activate the north eastern dragon vein, while Selena pull out of the new snipers range for the moment.

TCz14J3zAE5rD1EtjHvDwOnzMneHAs8Empk-Z2oIZcZ2pASNmmF9YsjvhVZHrVxZVcIPNERVMOFktefoFwHEEIx5idj2AtGVOWjafWDO0TeLtLb7tly2PXmG

Azama finishes the healing of Beruka and positions himself to embarrass the swordmaster in the west (with a lily poise boost jut in case)

RywIEEsqxDWPtIxlYPLVmg_H_sBDyJomW6fRjWzA

While in the east Selena gives Caeldori a strength rally to hit the new sniper in the face with the right damage to give Mitama the kill with her own 100%  accuracy attack stance for the level, while Ryuuji passes Silas off to Oboro, for Sakura to then separate him forward, and Felicia heals up Oboro

ovlzS5TF_xtjxiDvUY2vNzdDnpnjwenH3hLbQ437YMDdcQUIwIBHvAU7VBHej2_Bp6xwC7TwCddNKvaZ

Azama ends the sword master on player phase, but with the spawned sniper uncomfortably close, and protected by the other snipers threat range, it is time to use Beruka's lunge to save the day

GK2ckIs1iKpTkKS18gUDmhP3WIIljLxSFeXXz02h

This lets Elise safely kill the sniper in melee

cUOxHsj0jUu0JWXwriFZmEmpXq-eGwxNMV5fF4wx

The east is looking to be in a bit of a pickle as the adventurer is positioned to hit anyone that attacks the maid, with an onmyoji attack stance if they have the gall to do so from melee, with her positioned on the bridge, only one space can attack the maid from the ground at range, and only my flying ranged attackers could take her down in one attack (leaving them wide open to being hit by a bow), and the Onmyoji on the fort is entirely able to heal the maid repeatedly. The solution was to use Silas's flying shelter to protect Oboro after she killed the maid.

hLHDq3FvwQZGijoaoaIoaLUgWHVZYFPEBb6ePlKo

Back in the west it is time to pull back a bit and switch to the mixed tanking of Rhajat, as an Onmyoji pointlessly tried to join in an attack stance with the sniper, and a swordmaster spawned within charging distance.

eLJkwjsz8c48Twf4mNNgKnwDrTJDHUQjCFjUSP8S

Meanwhile the east is breaking through the center, as the chip from Selena's handaxe convinced the onmyoji to move in to range heal. Caeldori deals with the the adventurer with a Selena attack stance, and a combination of Sakura and Felicia kill the mobile Onmyoji (and Sakura finally hits C rank shuriken), and Silas chips the immobile one with a lance to let Ryuuji finish him after pairing with Selena to reach.

WWwSAadJWnPz9QBnLH3h-bsgTJ0c1dhFuNyyjumo

Next turn in the west Rhajat levels on the enemy phase, and the Onmyoji pointlessly moved in to attack stance instead of healing him, so the switch to Beruka gives the easy kill on the sniper, and after an Elise chip on the Onmyoji Azama gets the kill for a level and to be in position to embarrass the second swordmaster.

LavsMTWAoZLVdwZAofYbu75_IrImG8eBICeYbY_g_U8X67OfHGh_kXefTbw9ebEQdxjeONODycm4En_4

RPEgIzPTY261RdCuBc_Icr6to85_1pO1ObXA1Gh-

Ryuuji activates the near east dragon vein, and the rest of the eastern army prepares for the adventurer's reprisal.

mdNwY8Sk0dswd0UGo6-QT4lYwpr-hgi_9CTRs7m4bdesPm4k_PfoH_JMZBJqFT9C46pXC3iZlBh8pfVt

The whole force is finally concentrated enough to capture them in one image. In the west Azama finishes the swordmaster on player phase with Beruka leveling on the attack stance xp

DCaisKyjEFLwvgf-KTw49Hub_kIHYQ-n2rbaITR4

Then Elise tries for the Boltaxe kill on the general, but has a miss, so Beruka passes Rhajat off to her for some extra defense to make its attack with a javelin on enemy phase safer. In the west after Ryuuji's enemy phase chip Felicia finishes the adventurer for a level

DXxmJjAw2XDaZ4PebYDyBvJOUfyJoEJzFCCCol_A

Then Ryuuji passes Selena off to Silas, who then ferried her into the hammer kill on the other general on the other fort, with Oboro following behind to separate them to maintain mobility, while Sakura catches a ride forward with Mitama, and the east generally presses forward

NJJpJ_hGNaWqFPy4B8BiqemzFGFL74qVP6mAoFcm

Despite the maid's attempts to save the final general with healing it dies enemy phase to Elise, and we start by activate the two dragon veins in the central section of the west

y4mynunE-vVuVo1m1Z96oUB0eMLM2Z_3nDkLsb0FfNwOT5BNahifsEMs_lPwMMsVBLG-WizPQNdZetjZ

and the armies combine (and Mitama heads back to pickup Felicia) and prepare to take on the final fort, and the sniper that spawned next to it.

omNci70GB-evKOk6hGZqqvJEgibxm-Jo5CP1hElR

Elise levels killing the sniper

PDtRjGq6xDWyvBYPBGl0YXWS5FnPJuw4TnvYj8zJ

but otherwise not much action this turn. Some healing, some head back to the starting island, someone puts the enemy maid out of her misery etc

gbsCAD_HM-tbpRbgn0mKcWR9y5sDIkymyUBYQ50n

Elise and Ryuuji kill the Oni, and Caeldori rides Silas's wyvern to activate the final dragon vein, as a lot of my army prepares for the final attack

ZhlAurto5Qq7X_n_F2wpAgQQG7n2yA0R4D_jIj-SUILMskgV0GedTTMBVCvIAnvrxDL628DOyV3kF1Kb

I take a couple of turns preparing to finish the last room in one single turn.

Caeldori starts by killing a hero with the swordcatcher, which Azama then trade to his inventory to kill the second. Caeldori picks up a level from this.

LCYnqKcfXnZLgXnr-k84ffoD-DYyTcgoWtRFe7_L

Next Selena Hammers one general to death, and Elise Boltaxes the other. Then Ryuuji gets a Sakura pairup to get the speed to comfortably kill one sniper, while Rhajat kills the other. Silas finally trades the swordcatcher to his inventory, but he couldn't reach the speed to double and kill his hero, but the Ryuuji attack stance helps, and Mitama finishes him with the Silas attack stance. We still have Oboro, Beruka, and Felicia to finish the boss with.

w8M3y5USv7KK8kYoBjsQ0mjO3heo4BJj7L465mGC

5P09ZKEQnv-IprzW20lHWJ6a1G-1jDfZe3ja95Fw

Ok the fact that Arete is shown to be able to activate dragon veins (even when her name is ??? and there are none on the map) is a nice detail, and adds some curious questions about the old Valla royal family. Was the old king of Valla of Vallan royal blood? If he was which royal blood runs through Arete's blood? If they were both of Vallan royal blood how related were they? I guess there are no answers yet, and its time for Oboro to finish this map.

Ws9oVuK79FRfXz9dvFX4QBpSIDDaxW_AKhKnlgps

No matter who you think the villain is Azura is telling the truth.

JLTtt4hfcYobPDVa9a5BT0XZhRAxkrHhzlZO61h2

I'm sorry Ryoma

oAsmy1iD74Gidr_6HJmzqNgyEuezj-4blgSo76tD

Good job Revelation writers, those two had enough chemistry when we saw them together that this tragic moment gets to me.

pBEhOprLNu9ANgBq6W-6lL_jK8C239ymkGhFxRsK

and Ryuuji sorta ruined his future ahha moment by accidently mentioning the flower here in the same way I ruined the tragic moment above with some cynicism.

Next up is Ophelia's paralogue, Odin and Nyx hit S after Mitama's paralogue so no relationship grinding needed.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

7_Zx8b-IS197eENmxlBuhesCU8HNcVObGjc7inNd

The pathway between the bottomless canyon and Valla is about to close for decades. By setting this time limit, and pointedly ignoring how they would leave Valla after it closes, Azura gently led Ryuuji to coordinate his entry to Valla, with all of his allies, for the last possible second. Now the entire royal families of Nohr and Hoshido, the daughters of the Fire tribe and Ice tribe's chiefs, the adoptive son of the Wind tribe's chief, the chief of the Wolfskin tribe, the (possibly former) chief of the Kitsune tribe, and the leader of the Chevois  knights, will all be trapped in Valla and forced to aid in the overthrow of her kingdom's usurper. With everyone that knows of the great Xander-Ryoma peace trapped in Valla, there is no major impediment to Garon and Yukimura continuing the war. Papa Garon and Yukimura might be maintaining control of Hoshido and Nohr for now, but Yukimura's clearly concerned about the stability of his position if the Hoshidan royals are gone too long

qmjKvQJmVawk_0q_w8j-q12iWhcUs3Ssf2m6hdkd

and when Anankos's magic is no longer sustaining the slime father, well if IS handles that like they did in the past

wRCznHr35dK2mRM8kfEYgMD65DBBmJ2DObCn9MRX

he dies. The two greatest kingdoms of Fateslandia are hurdling towards this disastrous limbo of succession that will drain their manpower and resources, and if the Vallanese throne is secured with enough years remaining in their decades of entrapment to recover and consolidate their holdings, they are in a position to emerge as the greatest power in Fateslandia. Even the minor powers have been left either crippled (Izumo is already facing the question of succession, Mokushu has been conquered, Nestra was sacked, and Notre Sagesse is sans Sage) or with prominent hostages already within reach. If Azura emerges victorious I would expect Valla to usher in a new peace while gaining generous land concessions from the ransomed kings.

When it comes down to it, Azura really should be consider the genius moving the plot forward, she does it much more than Corrin who ends up a willing assistant more often than not. This last chance that she refers to is certainly in Birthright (I don't know if it happens in Conquest, I feel like it should) so you're likely to have seen it before and wondered why it's relevant only to get to it now and it could be pretty neat honestly (If you're not 6 months between playing the paths like myself).

Also if they're trapped for decades, doesn't that mean that there's a lost generation of rulers which leaves a power vacuum so vast that it's likely Fateslandia/Moirai as we know it is eternally altered by the time anyone does return from this task by those who had to take over afterwards, leading to a situation where the old blood would have to face the consequence of leaving their nations behind and okay, why can't Fates just cause people to see its positives instead of us spinning off to better ideas raised by the unanswered questions it caused?

Also, you can fight Skirmishes outside of Valla after you enter it. Why would they not at least prevent that from happening?

and instead crushed that flower of Chevois youth, and bravery

c0TIsbWSM8Di8pTrcVRDNpGSKBUuoZteYyj1fD-S

RIP other character that dies 2/3 times in Fates.

You deserved a better setting and supports.

On 5/11/2019 at 4:01 AM, Dayni said:

why can't Fates just cause people to see its positives instead of us spinning off to better ideas raised by the unanswered questions it caused?

One of Fate's good points is that it was built around a lot of great story ideas, but many of them were poorly executed

On 5/11/2019 at 4:01 AM, Dayni said:

Also, you can fight Skirmishes outside of Valla after you enter it. Why would they not at least prevent that from happening?

and one part of that execution problem was their willingness to sacrifice story for gameplay.

Part 19 Paralogue The Chosen Heroine arrives

So I spend 1 reset figuring out that I need to go shopping first, another getting my troops movements right, and a final one due to how dissatisfied I was with my first solution, due to the extreme measure I had to take to fix me forgetting to grab one of the villages before the northern reinforcements break through. If this paralogue were long I probably wouldn't have bothered.

bMReobX8N508WP6S_-bprCRG8M5cMyGLhcw7kETxT_VOeo9QiAc7etrH2vV4RrfZusnqUTZiOS8gr4hd

So this happened when I went shopping. The relationship grind sessions have given me enough DV upgrade points to spend them on frivolous things like the hot sprigs. The hot springs is one building that I have always found odd. It feels like there should be some kinda mechanical effect tied to it, due to the way it is time gated like other buildings with mechanical effects. If its purely for fan service, it feels focused on either the shoujo ai or shonen ai crowds. The male entering on female always comes across as something that you have no control over that you should be punished for, while the female walking in on male comes across as something you should feel gross and ashamed of for accidentally doing. I suspect there is something lost in cultural translation here.

Now back to that shopping trip, I grab Lightning to give Rhajat some reliable combat, the Flame Shuriken for Sakura hitting C rank, a Freeze staff for her as well just in case, and finally a Dual club for Selena. I use my forge on a +1 bronze lance for Mitama called Poet's Brush (with the raider bow she already reached D rank in bow). Now for deployment, I let Caeldori, and Beruka wait this one out as they are both higher level troops, and do not have an obvious role to play in the battle to come. Now on to the actual map

mnOFe_Vda9XdH1di1rpZlCFVCkL55YPg-kBnahXt

I almost feel called out for using the similarity of these two words to evoke the looming threat of mortality in a 100 word story I wrote once (hitting exact word counts is harder than you think). I like Owain/Odin, probably my favorite of the Awakening characters, but

jCOSQ8Oz_v-TuAp7jMMYIRr4W1xrZH32gXSH1b2n

Ophelia has all of Owain's best qualities, with enough confidence to overcome any cringe, and overshadows him because of it.

PvhVfWYeLNl08RJZO827vpWbbWruMmUE6r5W02yk

I feel like this is something that any fanfic writer is going to have to face when they have children, that they will read it

Q5M9LuXsdh-b8hDnj3tCWh5k2flkmsAUBskRD-5R

because nothing is really private online.

n6PPBTIfJeB3AFZhzs7XNM4WvQk17YW_NI2ORcdmPei5Dbg1-gUX5rOP0rjKKKlEnEGh9I99f-gefLCP

0NkZ6uQbuzz1caYZ_bDZnW0X8A7QOSj-4rYVlH8dRx_Cdl85BcLUezq2SsrYuvxkk-CnNvmKynwt8PcE

When these two get into character, there is this contagious overabundance of excitement and optimism. Best mage and favorite of the Fates crew makes her debut

_FckScbldqvaTj0CRzXNNRoU7NGnaPWMcpy7RsmS

So I open by killing all the wyverns. Oboro and Mitama each ambush one (and Oboro levels doing so) while Azura just avoids enemy mage range to dance Elise into getting the last one

XIm4GuvBACpD3xeyyUTZonrVuYbabDMpht0GPoBW

Next the generals, Selena uses Silas's wyvern to reach and hammer the one with wary fighter. Next Rhajat needs to kill the other with lightning, she needs 3 of 4 hits or one crit, with 61% hit and 21% crit. That sounds bad, but overall you are looking at ~65.06% success with single RN, and there are two ways of bumping that up if need be, first with a magic tonic and +2 magic meal I can get it too 2 hits or a crit to kill (which bumps it to ~86.25%) and if you add the classic skill+luck tonic you can reach ~90.57% success (only ~72.19% success if you don't pump up damage). I didn't fail it so didn't bother upping it, but lightning's ability to more easily convert damage to effectively accuracy is very useful. The rest of my troops congregate in the north using pairup separate strats, Ryuuji ends by dragon tanking the first master of arms, with Sakura's aura to help. Also of note Ophelia uses the Offspring Seal to get 2 free levels, Odin fills her inventory with magic, and she grabs the Witch's Mark from the convoy.

WgfQmrr9HupZ5rT6eI6s7-HrK_pEPzsdtieUanjl

Next turn the group in the north wipes out the Master of Arms, but the Priestess's ability to use bows keeps me from pressing much further, and I leave one Onmyoji injured to coax it into healing instead of seriously injuring Ophelia, or Felicia. Next with Rhajat I decide to switch to Horse Spirit to clear debuffs a little, when she attacks one of the two Berserkers that headed north around the house. She has a miss, but that is fine, Selena moves back and switches to Silas for the ranged kill. Meanwhile Mitama moves back to kill the Onmyoji that positioned itself between the houses to get a free hit on Oboro (note that due to the forest terrain the injured Onmyoji will have to hit her from range and die next enemy phase). Then Elise pairs with Oboro and switches after moving to let Azura give Elise the speed boost from the dance to then double and kill the other Berserker in the center.

3WJxMxBSMlrRFyPOjnBfPiTz3rEmZG7juBMrpEU4

One of the Onmyoji in the north killed itself on Sakura enemy phase, so first Ophelia kills the one with pass while people are still around to attack stance with, the Sakura kills another for a level, then Azama takes out the healer, and Ryuuji wipes out the Adventurer for a level, letting Felicia grab the village this turn.

qqiWsGNygTnny98IeXbfKLvEVjF-7TuDCgePKlk0KtsTYHbX_QeXyq-Axi1Rvl1vy_7OA8EC3-Ca-GJd

So that fixed the mistake I made last time. Next Rhajat uses lightning to accurately wipe the remaining berserker (>95% success rate assuming 1 RN), then Silas one shots the first Master Ninja with a bronze axe, then Elise and Oboro separate in the north, giving Azura the space (after a Mitama pairup to get an extra movement) to dance him to then repeat this feat with an iron lance (the +1 lilypoise damage let him kill with the axe before, also note even if he missed Azura will live one Ninja hit with 2 HP).

qi9f-txTDjxAIZ93TM66w0BwK0uubN6WUYGeUBpS

We finally have enough of a respite to let Ophelia become a Witch

h726KlWwyEzmlG5cHOndAslAkeugnY2UOcTItGP1

Now in the North I start by setting up the enemy phase death of the first General to Elise's boltaxe with everyone else ready to wipe out the Northwest before the Northern reinforcements start pushing in. In the South, Silas moves Selena onto the fort to comfortably solo the Southern reinforcements, while Rhajat moves onto terrain with the horse spirit to tank the General from the southwest.

1XpijbYENQHXQ4OfogwhKZTJ_nsYCXawtcE34fsT

Selena levels enemy phase as she proceeds to killer axe everything that enters melee

EHCohIBcSwQO0u7jBOD3XZXGozRxcQo7vjvb9NEC

And on player phase kill the Adventurer that parked himself in front of her on his quest to raid the villages. The General that is dueling Rhajat was hit by the horse spirit, so I go for the Lightning kill (~85% success rate at 1 RN) and get it. In the North I chain together attack stance kills to wipeout the Northwest to get Ophelia a level, and I still have Azama, Azura, and Mitama to spare.

iue5qRYAdSPTfmtUQfuH4i66KL8E7B7iH3CwRQ-y

I use Azura to push Ryuuji into becoming Azama's attack stance partner to enemy phase the first Hero from the northern reinforcements, while Azama grabs a level by healing.

ArmJiBpSBVSBfq-buaRdNmjKBWxQqe0cggyQx1UM4lvdXxDFKjWgg9KPmUX-vpkaG5qDaZAdfJmPvgoJ

After that first Hero falls, I again chain my attack stances together to wipe out the northern reinforcements, and I use freeze to not have to worry about the nearest part of the boss's posse, which lets me use squishy units more liberally

QJNExrrO-Gk87xAaEZMICUIasoBglZ5twK6Qyzyy

I have Rhajat and Odin head towards the western house to let the lancers that headed south to kill themselves on Selena

5wl_89bM8u41drenBzAk69yZlKM8KcSsW0eE08N2

I let Ophelia get the boss kill for a level (which gets me a free tonic from the skill she learns),

zKmd8BjKJVjGFsP7FzfqDJVwJoyMzjwzyDEK0ghq

while Odin and Selena grab the southern houses, and after killing the boss's guardians I make sure to stay out of bow range, and everyone that can be targeted by the formerly frozen enemy can take a hit.

bff8ST_cVc9Pflg49Jdxe8ucT33tWU2gUqqbk8dk

On this second to last turn I give Ophelia some XP (and dance her to point her in the direction of the last enemy), make sure Elise grabs the last house, and Selena finally starts hitting the Mechanist that has been pelting her with arrows.

3AUAS3Z3xiV03j9qrwJzwnxxixQvzU2_FC0zp1LH

I end it by giving Silas a level with the kill

SwS3lhroD9eKbCPSZEhN_S1_2fmR98_xJKw5CrV-Ya79X1zZEAP47LpIGuQD-mvqHxr751v-n-KBBmcC

note that if he missed I had other troops I could use to finish it.

AH1HtP9KOz_cFtLGG4HkljoxxqSnQvTfvb5SodcQ

I think this exchange where Odin admits it wasn't real, shows a bit of what makes me like Ophelia over Odin. The times when Odin drops character and tries to be serious, there is this sense that he is ashamed. Ophelia isn't ashamed of who she is or who her father is.

8p4OpGyfC4fvl_EXpRvUz3N3ZmgBHfMgFVLCHYrp

You misspelled it, its Mystletainn

432yk29N7KY77ifzRBTsARwmGpgr3hxMmKOirCF8

30 might, 80 accuracy, 5 weight, +10 resistance, +20 skill, and free critical skill to use that extra skill with is really good. Owain clearly didn't have the right holy blood to wield it.

D4VWrwJHrwd_0J7dK46g2RpoHsh81XboUVcb_xFu

If your sword is slipping out of your hand, that sounds more like an issue with the wielder than the weapon. Was he even maintaining his edge, or was that what made it dull as a butter knife. I guess this is their attempt to explain Owain giving up the sword when going to Fates.

NAM4CdUrQUyLCVn48g-0FjdOSyYS-d7_1rajxNg6

No incest jokes for this one, these two are too innocent and pure for it.

I would point out that Mystletainn does appear in Awakening as a bonus box weapon. However, it, along with most every other legendary weapon from Jugdral that appeared in Awakening, was heavily noifed.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

h726KlWwyEzmlG5cHOndAslAkeugnY2UOcTItGP1

There's some nice bases to start with.

Shame the only stat to really improve from there so far's her magic.

D4VWrwJHrwd_0J7dK46g2RpoHsh81XboUVcb_xFu

If your sword is slipping out of your hand, that sounds more like an issue with the wielder than the weapon. Was he even maintaining his edge, or was that what made it dull as a butter knife. I guess this is their attempt to explain Owain giving up the sword when going to Fates.

The Missiletainn in Awakening is canon to Odin apparently.

That Missiletain couldn't cut a brigand. Mystletainn, on the other hand, would have been what he wanted (Even if it's worse in Awakening, only +5 skill and less might, but no weight!).

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

However, it, along with most every other legendary weapon from Jugdral that appeared in Awakening, was heavily noifed.

I'll be honest, noifed sounds like a mafiosi's way of saying nerfed.

"I'll make sure that horse gets "noifed" before the race tomorrow Don."

Part 20 Challenge Accepted Chapter 19

I'm glad they brought this gimmick back. In Conquest the severe restriction placed on deployable units did not give this idea the room it needed to flourish. That being said it took me a bit to get into the headspace for how this chapter works, so I had a few resets on this one. With that out of the way lets look at the story.

We start with Azura trying to explain things about Valla

wh5vYbqqaAbHjZGu0ItQ2j9hvTMMuYXnkMtvL71z

This makes me wonder how Garon and Sumeragi avoided the "curse". Did Anankos warn them? Did they have some close calls with disappearing? There is the possibility it messed with peoples memories, but then the Throne of Truth would have kept Sumeragi on the path to being "cursed". I guess this just adds either more evidence the "curse" isn't real, or that the writers did not actually think about the curse.

aoWdA63t548kSG8SDf3mWtEQhXlWfanMwoy7Cdt0

This little detail actually adds up though. It helps to sell Mikoto as a Vallan refugee, as the Hoshidans had close relations with Valla before, and explains how easily she integrated into the Hoshidan court, and knew the details of its magical throne.

Jd4Q_v9LguCvhJiakXhystmEy5wiUU9IHA5XCtLw

Kinda interesting how they showed the Nohrians the ceiling dragon before actually name dropping Anankos to them.

US8A0ho2DFtAJPtjVFRlaq2KcpgrBp439W5Rv5vt

Also nice to have to have it confirmed that Garon will go the way of Manfloy when Anankos dies.

yG3liFD0aGL1_fiIa8TYRFs9o4eOYX_gs7pBdIrn

...This sounds more like the plan of someone trying to strengthen the kingdom of Valla rather than an insane dragon trying to destroy everything.

zHzXWqAZWwaR8Yq1bgNuCB_KAxOVVOtq3JGP_Dio

Selling your plan as the evil Anankos's works well, as the other do not know enough to see the decades of decay they are dooming their homelands to.

MRn8ALSYRlchYouTEfnzYg8BGPLzgwN2BMyL7r-8

You certainly are, and Valla easily conquering the other kingdoms would benefit you once you claim the throne.

zcyrbN-Mzpx-2QtuVgY8rIxvQ-ElYJ42dnG2DsOg

Amazing how that "curse" didn't keep your mother from explaining this exposition dump to you during your exile from Valla, but did stop Ryuuji from sharing during the rest of the plot (and to our best knowledge Azura's mother didn't poof to the curse, see died protecting the Nohrian royal family remember)

LltqKQSuZyuVxjE1t9geOFTMS_ZNuSTht8KLr8sX

Now onto the map

This also marks the first time I cooked up a meal before the battle, and got lucky with the buffs

K6Mc1LTw6ThI94h93FvxK6U1lUBXljEHNednOvnWj-djGqgjpMqnUa7a7ou-jjtdayF9eXz1b4T6H4s4

This map has a very tight unit limit, so after some deliberating I decide on Selena, Beruka, Mitama, Felicia, Azama, Ophelia, Caeldori, and Ryuuji of course. Azama and Mitama are the only ones deployed that do not get the meal boost. For this map, Sakura lends Felicia the flame shuriken, Azama grabs the Beast killer, and Ophelia adds most of the tomes looted in her map. This map gives you two options, you can flee like a coward, or activate the dragon vein to create duplicates on the bottom map to kill the boss and collect as much loot as possible for 20 turns.

ljDUrosKbEnwEwTm6ZlrLc1Lz0eL_FiRs5q_IKqd

Challenge Accepted.

nl8MzFAujAMBNfPLn8IuVJiuwoXoHKCYanTA23lX

So I waste about 4 resets (and 2 party compositions) trying to reliably wipe the 2 Generals and Sorcerers to the west first turn, but without a lucky proc or multiple lucky dodges one tends to live and finishes off someone wounded, so Felicia draws them by letting one Sorcerer waste its attack against her tome breaker, which gets them close enough to be easily wiped them out next turn, while Caeldori introduces some Swordmasters to her Sword Catcher, but has a miss so Ophelia finishes the first, while Ryuuji kills the second with a Caeldori attack stance.

1_1dX_m0LBszIioPl9QztcQRneTVtTosNFKFMZTj

First Ophelia pairs with Azama to get the kill on one General for a level. This unlocks the Warp skill, which is very broken (not quite Tear Ring Saga warp but almost), especially on this map.

kVkWVPqlWkSsWLsT944lmX5WIuwG0lSrystlROWM

Next Mitama finishes the Sorcerer that wounded itself on Felicia for a level for her as well.

u9AZT4_OxGIjuQhYPoLfPf41org52LoGIKAnk5jj

Then Felicia chips the other General for a unfortunate level

-nfQpiPI6rDdO_fjC67SGEmCtoKz4d8kHXMm4R7X

Finally Selena finishes the General, and Beruka uses the Raider Katana to double (but doesn't need it due to trade switching Selena's weapon to the dual club for the crit attack stance) and kill the last Sorcerer. Then Caeldori positions herself to draw in the two Berserkers with her sunrise katana with some healing from the convoy just in case. This proves an unnecessary precaution as they have 0 hit on her, but with the Ryuuji attack stance she is two damage short of killing them naturally, but one dies to a crit anyway.

WVmSlU5eV7zsSuh7ob4aE7nJpNV7W5zqW57B_HMC

Start of turn 3 Mitama activates the Dragon Vein creating the duplicates on the bottom map. Dealing with the Replicas on one map and real ones on the other is a bit confusing, as you have to be extra careful when one is taking an enemy phase hit, that the other still has the desired weapon equipped, and doesn't/won't get wounded or debuffed too much for the other side to handle. The clones start by having clone Felicia tome breaker the Sorcerers to the north west, while Selena just draws in the first of the bowmen from the south west.

SHRrcdsRj_mGO9lAJwUDguN2ix7JrWfaGJ0-424-

On the other screen Ophelia uses her new warp skill to telefrag the remaining Berserker, while Caeldori convoy heals and tries to repeat this sunrise katana dodge tanking technique on the Heroes with the help of some woods. The rest of the army starts positioning to threaten the forces on the north side of the lake that is emptying out into the void.

SmMFRKCAt_MrSLIVAFpvePmTngBGGeu3vb1h8dnv

Next turn the attack of the clones Beruka and Mitama finish the injured Sorcerers, while fake Selena deletes the one that attacked her, and duplicate Caeldori draws in the next sniper with a javelin, and gets healed to full by false Felicia.

i40pl2rt5RwLc4DjqeN02OdemSjNlQ4TlqMkfkiw

Meanwhile in the real domain, Caeldori finishes one Hero while Ophelia kills another to take advantage of her full guard gauge to start luring in the cavalry to the east. Felicia is using tome breaker to lure one of the Oni, with a killer Axe Selena attack stance ready to strike back with

j5jfOw43005YFCBgobGxQQ45bSUfptbIK7IAwBqA

Pretend Ryuuji levels enemy phase on the attack stance chip against the Sniper from fake Caeldori's javelin, but it is pretend Ophelia that kills it player phase for the level

gv97D0YZNAHMMeT3606ZHWisQxpR-frzlwpDvWbUiava3IBoB5fjdJu3yviaZq33B1OpzuHmfNcRHWLE

while the rest pull back to let the charging dark knights waste their opening volley on fake Felicia's tome breaker, and Selena's doppelganger grabs a Ryuuji's duplicate to remove all crit chance from their sniper lure

MtX68KDCMD8eZhVG5a-xlfKaUMfRPoqO141ilWg0
While on the serious side Selena killed the first Oni on the enemy phase attack stance, so her and Felicia pull back to try for an encore, while Ophelia, Ryuuji, and Caeldori remove the promoted cavalry that advanced, although Caeldori has to draw forth the last when she kills the bow knight for a level

2qh-cJjA0urHpspTSCrPNzra7je4v6t7c6wbxTmn6en-tXWeyabbpXoEhKw0FZSaOA3aF8fl0e5EBZqs

Next turn with the phonies Selena levels by removing the sniper's face, while phony Beruka and equally phony Azama deal with the Dark Knights

wlf6RsAK-1iq_DhSpABjTdZXeVq6bQJVbfsaivyAGPe5Px3ZKjmyMMP6nqBfJR2g_PkQW1Qer9ZpoxtF

Back with the normies, Beruka has to finish the job as Selena failed to crit this time. The two sniper hits are going to hurt, but they can't setup an attack stance while both hitting, and with a bronze lance equipped she won't have to worry about crits, and should live in the single digits. Ophelia finishes the Dark knight, while Azama heals Caeldori, and she prepares to draw in the maid

X0AU6fYHzC-Uy1sAKXi_63rDuQPYj_UtHJ4JDxpN

Back in the land of double vision, Selena's double finishes the maid that attacked, while the rest of the troops heal up and prepare for the next assault by letting Azama draw the first swordmaster

NOfe0ZesAJyuer9waPCpP1Laqa0XRvCAh8yf7aa_

The real half of the map is almost emptied, as the Snipers and Maid do not survive player phase, and Beruka levels killing one sniper in position to draw in the last enemy.

VvSfgEOGiDfjbIr8cTyLhtUpVWEET5H_OQiPeJp-mYVJNnscbzrumqInXMSrtvvyZmyF2ujtplUXPDo-

The astute among might notice that the Replica half of the map has an extra Azama, while the normal half lacks him, that is because

Xaf5ixbgR4XDv7fF5Hi2gEh4DsWJcccRlwr5VUsq

warp breaks this map by letting people from one side cross to the other. From hence forth the two Ophelias are ferrying people over to the populated side and switching maps through warp every turn.

Ophelia kills one Great Knight while carrying Ryuuji, and Felicia's replica claims an even worse level than before, while Beruka kills the injured Sword Master to free up the real Azama to get a kill on the Paladin with the beast killer for a level

Q727ZETypCjOPkYP7qmGqoLYQ4IiyhR83ZKwuKy4p-puvF7tHhVf1PBURqK5hm-hQimCXHnGE_90rVHz

While the false Ryuuji prepares to draw in the Berserkers to the woods, with enough assistance to deal with them next enemy phase

SDULqbVuUJhTjPhjfbnwADKux56npuKT43foWuDh

Note one of those Berserkers is particularly derpy

5svZNMLaxJFm5QeOeqopkp2LNVTm2tv1E8d7HSeD

The bolt axe is perhaps the worst weapon he could be wielding, forcing it to rely on his 0 magic and with a -10 hit from gamble on a weapon that cannot crit.

Meanwhile the top map is cleared, and I do not intend to flee with anyone, so here is the last image of that half I will bother with

g-soFxpYNnOzji7i35VbKJmh4q_kZezb2nqqfcC9

Next turn on the map that matters, Mitama's Replica manages to kill the injured Berserker after a speed rally for a level
FWaXL6cAldAyTejxYrd7EHcG0ADFS6lDbnUYdAcy

while the double of Selena deals with the derpy one, and with some creative item management with the one that an Ophelia warped in they have the handaxe ready to try and chip the Dark knights possible attacks

e65Kn856SuRZsKGH4D8ELQlq965WIuFcv9Rk130b

They have a hit so one of the Ophelias warps in Felicia and her tome breaker to trivialize him and the Sorcerers following after, while pretend Caeldori starts drawings in the bow knight (and the rest of his promoted cavalry friends) with the good old sunrise katana, and a guard stance, pus a speed and luck rally from one of the Azamas to get that avoid high enough to be perfectly safe.

5F83-ZQPk9VLDHKlL7LsHPE8kzzXrB6VHBe2on9R

The double beast killer Azamas (plus their multiple attack stance opportunities) makes short work of the Cavalry, while the false Mitama and the real Selena finish off the crippled Sorcerers (and an Ophelia drops off the real Mitama), while the Felicia's shadow readies the old tome breaker to draw in the nearby Oni

cQv8S8f1a2ue2r-lMqaZVszBToWapU3b6B5eqFz3

After the Oni deaths player phase, we stall for a turn to deal with some Hero and Berserker reinforcements

WCfxBQoFm608lmbVx50WQkp_zzwRwvky5_7ff5oi

Ophelia manages to level with a warp kill on the Berserker as she brings the last unit from the top map over

UwmNtMsOTxJJyC0AhYvLbUvFVBDrR4DbqBHXenWS

And Caeldori starts drawing in the cavalry from the south just as a new batch are spawning and ready to charge

ugRNf1j0a4dHBo1vVpruahiR00kuEksgq1H-Nl2s

And by the time we steam roll that first section of cavalry the next is already threatening us

kXeNbuV9vhBSVenq-xVrjta2FyqYX3SPdoSBgWBj

Azama's doppelganger levels as we sweep them away and prepare to draw in the Generals that guard the boss with Beruka teleporting forward with an Ophelia and trading for Selena's hammer to retaliate with.

pil99rByASpP46yO5a2bFS1t_-Xy-b8IDD8ChpVlOedfBHJ3qtjOaNVY9Auh0Cx3kqNBKaJBfjSNSy8n

More Mages and a Dark Knight spawn in so I let the fake Felicia level killing the surviving General, and leave only the twin tome breakers in range of the reinforcements in that direction, while a Mitama with a movement pairup let me setup the warp kill on the distant Hero

AwSv1xdvZh0aQ_oaZx94TUpB0mvQ-2J3OY_SHJtX_9Q2hXW7OO6u0frccTG0KzxaNa58R4EB87_tfEFf

The mages aren't a problem , but this convinces the Sword Master to move  adjacent to the boss, and with that practice katana he is a difficult enemy to hit as it takes the combined efforts of a Mitama, an Azama,a Ryuuji (with Felicia pairup), and Ophelia to finally hit him enough to take him down. Then Azama one rounds the last enemy on the map for the win

g4hz5qpJgXbed1VWdwjTgzBpfr8ufnaVEZ68XsU4

GbkJZXNiPT7arGgkrNIYn1HxC-_0JqBN08pfvmTY

Oh this kid, I completely forgot about him in the premap plot section

6Sw9mwpTVKWT8WSxabYdwsu7xSLK2-rqkZyzUR0q

That claims to be the page of an ancient dragon. Why does the ancient dragon want or need a page again?

-jNS88cUqvcpvZB9naU7xcgkIX9ANVilJc5CM6BQ

Perhaps its that he stay in an inhuman dragon form that make him seem so demonic

u-mryG7-1ddoIPUEDcecjKvlWlKXuV-8ukq1NHuM

Azura crafty as ever makes him prove his claim by providing the information they would most want from him.

e7LpK4E9edkLufaG1jUQIC-21tnlvdDcvySB6Vo_

Challenge Accepted

RrELII9nVUUQdIpAERg_LWvKOLM6eyE0dqkLATTQ

I am going to give Revelation points here for this sounding like a perfectly logical place for Anankos to be, and an equally logical place to lure the army into a trap.

TolWNj9qoPxIE8mwpPz3uc4dSAZv2PvRk61X0ibv

and then the chapter ends with a shadowy meeting of all the nobodies of the organization XIII just out of the blue.

Next up is Nina's chapter, and it is already finished; I've just fallen a bit behind in the write-ups.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

wh5vYbqqaAbHjZGu0ItQ2j9hvTMMuYXnkMtvL71z

This makes me wonder how Garon and Sumeragi avoided the "curse". Did Anankos warn them? Did they have some close calls with disappearing? There is the possibility it messed with peoples memories, but then the Throne of Truth would have kept Sumeragi on the path to being "cursed". I guess this just adds either more evidence the "curse" isn't real, or that the writers did not actually think about the curse.

I mean, it's clearly the latter, but they're both possessed, so maybe it doesn't affect those who Anankos directly controls.

aoWdA63t548kSG8SDf3mWtEQhXlWfanMwoy7Cdt0

This little detail actually adds up though. It helps to sell Mikoto as a Vallan refugee, as the Hoshidans had close relations with Valla before, and explains how easily she integrated into the Hoshidan court, and knew the details of its magical throne.

I mean, wow that kind of works.

It'd work better if Valla wasn't in an upsidedown world, but still.

zHzXWqAZWwaR8Yq1bgNuCB_KAxOVVOtq3JGP_Dio

Selling your plan as the evil Anankos's works well, as the other do not know enough to see the decades of decay they are dooming their homelands to.

It's almost like she warps reality saying this so that she isn't questioned thanks to the photo taken.

zcyrbN-Mzpx-2QtuVgY8rIxvQ-ElYJ42dnG2DsOg

Amazing how that "curse" didn't keep your mother from explaining this exposition dump to you during your exile from Valla, but did stop Ryuuji from sharing during the rest of the plot (and to our best knowledge Azura's mother didn't poof to the curse, see died protecting the Nohrian royal family remember)

I mean, they knew Valla, so they didn't need to mention it by name.

The curse only gets invoked by the name, right?

SHRrcdsRj_mGO9lAJwUDguN2ix7JrWfaGJ0-424-

On the other screen Ophelia uses her new warp skill to telefrag the remaining Berserker, while Caeldori convoy heals and tries to repeat this sunrise katana dodge tanking technique on the Heroes with the help of some woods. The rest of the army starts positioning to threaten the forces on the north side of the lake that is emptying out into the void.

Wait, you can do that? That's not illegal?

The astute among might notice that the Replica half of the map has an extra Azama, while the normal half lacks him, that is because

Xaf5ixbgR4XDv7fF5Hi2gEh4DsWJcccRlwr5VUsq

warp breaks this map by letting people from one side cross to the other. From hence forth the two Ophelias are ferrying people over to the populated side and switching maps through warp every turn.

That's amazing, never knew that could be done.

I do not regret picking Witch!Ophelia.

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

6Sw9mwpTVKWT8WSxabYdwsu7xSLK2-rqkZyzUR0q

That claims to be the page of an ancient dragon. Why does the ancient dragon want or need a page again?

I think he was the page to the last king before Anankos killed everyone.

-jNS88cUqvcpvZB9naU7xcgkIX9ANVilJc5CM6BQ

Perhaps its that he stay in an inhuman dragon form that make him seem so demonic

I guess he served Anankos after all.

What?

RrELII9nVUUQdIpAERg_LWvKOLM6eyE0dqkLATTQ

I am going to give Revelation points here for this sounding like a perfectly logical place for Anankos to be, and an equally logical place to lure the army into a trap.

I mean, it's the third thing I haven't questioned since the story went all the way to Valla.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:31 PM, Dayni said:

they're both possessed, so maybe it doesn't affect those who Anankos directly controls.

Sumeragi doesn't get possessed until after he dies, but you may be right about Anankos protecting papa Garon from the curse (or perhaps the curse is what let the slime father replace the good version of Garon that Xander idealizes)

That's amazing, never knew that could be done.

I do not regret picking Witch!Ophelia.

Witch Ophelia is proving to be kinda amazing. I think I undersold warp when I compared it to Tear Ring Saga's version, it may restrict you to appearing adjacent to allies, but with your ability to first pairup or switch before warping, and after warping switch and/or transfer before making an attack or separating, it lets her share her warp powers with anyone that could need it.

Wait, you can do that? That's not illegal?

I feel like I am missing something here

Part 21 Don't Kink Shame the Incestuous Yaoi Lover Paralogue 22

It took one final map of relationship grinding to get the last 2 couples to S, so it is time to put grinding maps behind us. So lets start with some more meals for the army, but with the upgraded kitchen we can feed everyone.

IemkXJJgKbwfk5XI1GzTq292y1ZelaQnJiBnYW0o1MmstDZK2p0jnSBnHEcL6qRuzd8jiyWZe0Pooem9

at least it wasn't a bad flair, just a meh one. The res boost is due to the staggering abundance of shining bows on this map.

Now for a little bit of the story.

J9pzaRHpNUcy6Eesr-vEffIN74u7IfgthtpfIzNt

The group agrees to help a Nohrian noble, with the most egregiously evil facial expression in the game, guard his ill gotten loot from noble thieves.

_CZBmC59z94dcY92xECX9iut0Ptc1f36bRvUwlJ7

Niles then so thoroughly and accurately shames his daughter that she quits the profession as soon as she joins to follow in her mother's footsteps.

f3NWw-qj6_jEy0dwUttt8FxIfJt9y-SsBepDf0Jn

I do kinda like how they use this to point out the logic of Nohrian archers having thief abilities by making an allusion to Robinhood.

MfZH-drZmO-xt0a1E2OvbgjcnkuN9J22dNqkCP0B

With the expression he has given, the only thing I wouldn't believe is that he gotten it without nefarious means.

tSAgv2bEbpbiIzkGv7PWylsSuOiKmEjYVJc0cUzD

Unfortunately we can't recruit her during the paralogue and have to beat some sense into her.

S_aQEPEBZ1EyZxYFcS8MxvytZ59WhP-Moh-lq4QM

Sorry Nina, but you aren't going anywhere.

So Felicia, Azama, and Caeldori are on the bench for this chapter simply due to having the highest xp totals at the moment (and Felicia gives the flame shuriken back to Sakura).

L62tPwGaPdmd8zSK_f4v50MQuF8wlYHfBgMZ6lEU

First thing I do is have Niles open the front door, and then Sakura ensures that Nina will not move.

VPPj9XYOxrhY5yIAp3dxCQHWADZ-Av0-BuHx9Ya3

I start moving everyone forward, and have Rhajat and Beruka pairup, and then Azura dances Rhajat for a level

oEr8bT2tnR5aeSEUrDhVQGL4nTuiiThFL9Qr2Y2U

and to let Rhajat not only kill one of the Heros from range, but choke the point that they will all pass through with the horse spirit

V6rrJNa9SK3EoRILBb26zPQ2n1AA3tiYnDLU-BqA

Rhajat does fine, but now there is a wall of Generals between us and Nina. Oboro starts by finishing the hero that started adjacent to Rhajat and was missed by her, then Ryuji takes its place to finish the General that injured itself attacking Rhajat with the dragon stone and a Rhajat attack stance for a level.

G52zfsNBvx82mx7SoDtKIoH_5hA-z5zO_usSsw7W

As Elise finishes the one to the west with the bolt axe and Ryuuji dragon stone attack stance for a level, gets sheltered by Silas to keeps her out of arrow range, and later Niles transfers and separates her (as the last action of the turn).

cBElLknnye8xmajShxt8Cr2Vw-r8wSABNNto_Jyh

Ophelia wipes the one to the east with magic and Selena's hammer attack stance for a level

tWOezw2ilU5_8NI7zvruVaY67Ichogiv7A5oGGDQ

and Mitama pairs with her to reduce enemy phase damage. Sakura range heals Rhajat, and Rhajat chips Nina (could kill without a miss), so Sakura gets danced by Azura to then

Z9xICRwJ5ogRqAO8VSyIT23p_fyUCEZ9iOqy_390
make sure she never escapes. Sorry about how shaky that image is.

XGkQmrq5u-vxVfcbHvXHuXDJcAEIw6H6iqR_ScVk

Rhajat manages to level due to how much chip damage she is involved in on enemy phase.

tkNUvT7U3usUe_qTlrOgYiCbw9pEckq591FaCYHy

The next turn is all about chaining my attack stances together to clear these enemies away without entering the next sets range. This is easily done with units to spare. Once that is done and all the shining bows are gone Rhajat can switch over to Beruka to kill Nina and tank the purely physical threats that remain

7-Noed-o-yEuRgOYDGThTCN8cBlCS29fA6iU1jjP

Now all of them moved in, so Ryuuji starts by range debuffing the General that attacked Beruka from the west with fire, then Silas kills it after trade switching Ryuuji to the dragon stone, so Sakura can enter its space and kill the Berserker that attacked Beruka from the north at range, and Selena can use Ryuuji's attack stance with her hammer to kill the General that couldn't reach Beruka. Next Beruka switches to Rhajat to let her hit and debuff the General that attacked them from the east at range from the other side, and Ophelia finishes it, with Mitama trade switching Ophelia to the lightning to get the ranged kill on the Berserker that tried to attack stance with the general last turn (and that Ophelia moved adjacent to for the General kill). Azura then dances Rhajat to break the eastern wall, and those that can still move get ready to enter the breach

5JGgUEkc9P1HpREw8CqBV9N1OnjD-KEf7Cf5eX6f

First thing that happens is Elise kills the General that is clogging the path with her trusty bolt axe (Rhajat chipped and debuffed it). Then Oboro uses that space to do the same to the Sorcerer with her killer lance plus Rhajat attack stance. Next Mitama trade swapped Elise to tomes for a more accurate attack stance on the Sorcerer on the other side of the wall. This let Rhajat pull forward to draw in the Adventurers with both steel and shining bows while chipping and debuffing the other General, then Azura dances Elise to kill it from outside those dangerous bow ranges. Next Selena and Ryuuji open the door to the northwest with a door key. Its only after I do this that I take a close enough look at the distances to realize they can't catch the Adventurer that just nabbed the shining bow chest, and I am going to have to get creative.  Silas gets the only guard stance he can to lunge into one of the Sorcerers to the west unleashing its fury on Ryuuji and Selena, and Ophelia warps in to kill the other, putting them in a prime position to kill the adventurer next turn.

EsBWdKce3mLo-QQistaSdfMulM-5no4x2D1IYIYY

Selena takes a heavy hit but survives it, but far worse there are reinforcements this turn. The paired-up Sorcerers with Adventurers in the back completely stalls all momentum in the east with how many fliers are on that side. Rhajat manages to kill one of the Adventurers that attacked her on enemy phase, and the Sorcerer that was further north dies, but we have to pull back out of bow ranges (not that those that grab the loot do not even try to attack so for now I ignore him). The west has a similar pickle, as the one that grabbed the loot has only space outside of the bow range of other enemies, so Ophelia tries for the just under 50 mjolnir crit, but merely hits. Silas has to finish it in melee, which means Azura has to dance Sakura, and Ryuuji has to move his convoy to place in her reach that lets her grab a Rescue staff and pull Silas away from painful bow death

Ta57a5_NpBUSaOc5YeggSpSEb5hgj6IoIEF7l2_x

Selena kills the Sorcerer that hurt her with a dual club hit to finish off this turn

#vPcYu_uDZTGNz_7qSIUXhjsOLtIw1ED-uwlfFY50

In the east the lone injured Adventurer dies enemy phase, and the Sorcerers are debuffed and injured, so Oboro manages to finish one for a level

qKIjlsqdoEkjjqrBOFOzDq00U7zWyOF1_LA6yGJS

and Elise finishes the other leaving only the Adventurers. Ophelia kills one by warping in with lightning and Elise attack stance, and after pairing with Mitama Azura dances Oboro for a scary kill on the other with the Ophelia attack stance, letting Beruka chip the one carrying the partner seal for a level.

kgMbw7PT_IBKWQ13GlYFFPkQlYXPRpvrL9_7TkUk

Meanwhile Sakura heals for a level, and Niles starts heading for the chest that his daughter usually grabs.

LneVD53w8kP25z6dNUI0TsYmreu-8_tR_UIqkeEO

Unfortunately I miss the image for this turn. Sorry.

Beruka chases down and kills the one carrying the partner seal in position to let Ophelia warp to kill another adventurer, leaving only the one fleeing with the gold, while Niles grabs the goddess icon, Sakura heals and we start to regroup.

rX_nFcrFwa2ldqsRSk0_p3r9Wrywx8th0MUVrRAuqEguFlEahAaOYqK0XsPGI9XxNV9SSzzTI8rV2Usy

Ophelia kills the last Adventurer in east for his gold, letting Beruka and Rhajat start their long treck back, while we are still concentrating our forces in the west even as reinforcement Berserkers show up.

zTQcNNZOV_Q-lOF0ya_xfadavRZQpUyZXuCJ4hiOGKMcBgJMuH1EeUl5NKSGX8PGnj2gIXr1Dz6RzD3q

They run away?

Gz2t7r5ajC5h3SF7m8TjG1HIqSRQhGW2ViPUjasi

Apparantly after all the looter are killed everything on the maps starts trying to escape. The other times I have done this map I have had at least an extra locktouch units to go through the southwestern route (and I cheesed the shining bow grab) to block off that escape route, so this is the first time it has been a major feature of the map for me. I manage to lure the two Berserkers that spawned into attacking us

aSQtWXZMrd70mnA9Q4fetiCky2IVVqv8aziaLoNF

And feed Silas a level killing one

_2rv4nl9jZCxNlq1dLXkMHCOdpLhCaqazYqkOKRa

But despite my best efforts

qzc9nwo8HGWCi1dRflj-1tqbUYt-vZIS1YaG5v6k

tS-I3EIUlD3gM15gBhcOCKWSBVHjT5hWEgi7LUq7

They prioritize leaving the map over attacking, so those end up being the last kills of the map.

The map ends with an bit of an in universe critique of the whole deep realm baby growth chambers.

lSyIIToFHLi0Hz-hbQkJ6q7sgAATVQj4RMcAae0r

Nina starts by rebuking Niles for the way the time difference leaves the children feeling neglected.

z2lSU2ZjCj1zhgUHCy6lsMD_uTBbNhoxYtt0BRQh

Niles defends his actions by first stating the more general reason for her to need the protection of the deep realms.

MBJRSLYhYpIsSRLNuroJkWM7I1FhpY1QWOpjUfeb

But transitions into the more personal and heartfelt reasons he decided to send her to the deep realms. Its rather optimistic of him to imagine the deep realm as a better world than his own.

7F4qsRol-kFofIb0LqozRXwP_6GcWpG-jKIYeM-8

As Silas states the obvious

Y3HjV3ZejZc2QlEUpcQWTURDO-fuTINBoSz8T_AF

Nina starts fantasizing about Yaoi involving her father

n-nhTtcrNkPNqPSp43_sSOCcC5AFsQy_dSkeH914

No kink shaming the yaoi fangirl, just let her fantasize guys.

After finally returning to base Nina takes her Offspring seal for 4 free levels and then changes to

zrLbXglslVrdwEfLbSd6QiTrmBHMCPLsauXT0QG4

The double E rank weapons is what hurts the most here. Next up is Chapter 20, and again I have it done, just need to write it up.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I feel like I am missing something here

I was just in shock that Ophelia was allowed warp between the islands.

Z9xICRwJ5ogRqAO8VSyIT23p_fyUCEZ9iOqy_390
make sure she never escapes. Sorry about how shaky that image is.

Sakura is about to activate Za Warudo again I see.

n-nhTtcrNkPNqPSp43_sSOCcC5AFsQy_dSkeH914

No kink shaming the yaoi fangirl, just let her fantasize guys.

It is still weird she's doing so involving her dad though.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:36 AM, Dayni said:

It is still weird she's doing so involving her dad though.

In defense of Nina, she is clearly focusing on Silas, and her father would fit nicely as an opposite gendered surrogate for the fantasy.

Part 22 ---- Chapter 20

The only major preps here were with Nina's equipment. I forge a fire tome called the Yaoi Doujin for her, she claims the Tharja axe from Rhajat (must be a Yandere fan as well) plus a raider axe, and disrobing gale for variety. Now onto the story

Ea4xS8zWmykTQkDWrSrVasS6mpiFKfchPIPfrFsu

...Has Elise been blindfolded throughout Valla, floating islands are one of its most distinctive features, and both Valla chapters have involved them.

FAR4wbAaneqoLGxLFxYeLaefzt2NcYJ0K0-f475T

This seems like a reasonable concern, but

lAhJREaqiSZnCdlWl7vRahJBy1CFtHac5pfxNmYX

Takumi aptly points out that if they intend to follow Anthony they have no other options.

YUr2bBNYOQKyoFSbhbPGiO0EOnnebxZxoesZUZC3

Sakura was right to be worried, but this gives us an opportunity to see how the Nohrian and Hoshidan truce has started to warm relations

3Sy8EkaWnVFaCtQxVhwMpMnPbB2_IwqIT5_hbSuc

When a Prince of Nohr save a Prince of Hoshido.

y_C63vEd5KyVPVVYdNqMEnNJHtljaTPju6i1CmGCn5R_VZ6ltBFX60-la5XjvengWeGIQ-62Ew-jGyNR

Xander catches a suspicious reaction from Anthony, which starts keying him into Anthony being a potential traitor. Kinda uncharacteristically astute of Xander as Anthony is far subtler than Garon. On the other hand Xander didn't want to believe anything was wrong with his father, and was thus willfully ignorant of his issues.

Now onto the chapter itself. I have three resets here, one where I was figuring my opening out, one where I underestimated the master ninjas, and a final one where I wasn't careful with the Maligknights ranges.

boNErXNgeA7AeMD4IsctzlEVS8ph8kl6b1N8H3IH

Azama, Felicia, and Beruka are waiting this one out. I start by having Mitama activate a dragon vein to give us access to the Generals to the west. Silas then gives Selena a defense rally, and Azura dances him for a level to let him pair with Selena for more bulk (and free extra dodge)

68Mdyx4J6xg9UesCVq2yXIs_fC9aCR2GyrxPMcIA

Selena then grabs a kill on the first General and gets ready to enemy phase the rest. This is somewhat safe, there is a low crit rate to worry about, plus if every enemy gets their 55-60% accuracy attacks hit and she crits with every attack (mid-high 30%) she won't get the block she needs. Caeldori and Ophelia are just behind to help deal with the Kinshi knights that will join in. In the east Ryuuji activates the dragon vein that unleashes the Master Ninja with the dragon stone and both sister's personal skills to tank the first one.

YE1tQnGphKaR8YuRtS-8vhayZwhY0zOG-wtYkfAC

Next turn Caeldori kills one Kinshi for a level
bPab_r9ul1Kgqj_93i1bcmXMggFoJv-RORx4966h

Mitama kills another, then Selena kills the immobile General with he overused hammer, which lets Azura use her former space to dance Mitama into a second kinshi kill for a level, as Ophelia finishes the last.

HHuJlVGA8-oQJfEc3J3ZMgneR2jE9Z8CwMbAscn0

In the east Elise chips the debuffed Master Ninja to let Nina get the kill, then Ryuuji takes a heavy hit to debuff the next, and Sakura chips him to let Oboro chip him more with the guard naginata to avoid damage, so Rhajat can kill it and protect everyone else from the third with Oboro's help.

Nirsl4maSw3MHtNVuyhXvGIm04QxcUQqjmsDJaOU

Next turn Selena switches and trades the dropped chest key to Silas to loot the chest, as Caeldori gets danced to give Mitama the attack stance she needs to kill a Onmyoji in the center. Ophelia warps to give us someone that isn't debuffed to chip that last Master Ninja, and she crits it with the calamity gate, so everyone collaborates to find a way to feed Nina the kill on the Sword Master that moved forward.

5HHGAdaEwtTSG8bxFz8ehUt6kamCr1B5gaS0boca

Silas lures one of the Great Masters in the center, as Mitama sets up her personal skill for healing, and Rhajat tries to lure the rest of the Sword Masters, and Sakura heals Ryuuji.

T2iSDK3kBp8SSM9aU5PLUryU1pgxVzIFe1ww-zUb

Silas pulls back with his javelin to injure the Onmyoji that healed the great master, and Mitama starts air lifting Caeldori to the main army, which is using its overwhelming numbers to find safe ways to deal with the 3 Sword Masters without poking the Maligknights which results in a Rhajat level , and Nina is slowly approaching her first level.

maqz9M4QcAEMz44aS5EbCkVE5h8-jPDOaylnsLWMuOMY2cyxX4MgtiUTmspsPNZgrZJz2nQRSczLWplr

Silas finishes the Onmyoji on player phase, and after a careful look at enemy ranges, Mitama lets Caeldori lure in one of the Great Masters. Oboro gets healed, and readies a dual yumi to enemy phase the first Maligknight

1KuD3-QyBW4s_OobQqHsR8AOTjx2krbM9O6RqlqJ

Oboro kills a second on player phase for a level

rbZzDdVo6nZo413KKqdi9IlAMgdVYQyltPYOJlLr

and Caeldori switches to Mitama to kill a third, and gets into a position to let Ophelia get an attack on a Great Master, for Silas to kill it from range, while Elise pairs with Nina to get the move to kill the last (no kill for Nina this turn).

xre-MiBtzdfvITplDn5Ed9j_x_X3TH2B_y2TLct0

Ophelia levels enemy phase on the injured Great Master, while I arrange for Nina to get the level on the Falcon Knight kill.

ULnzin5Zh7eT8wJz_KURMNYiRjDcMgspJGFlb7wieW5BuBzKXKVQ9S4koF5QBuWGrE4t0VRGMVqlzTOT

Hint taken Nina, its time to slow down a bit to let you catch up. I use dragon veins to set things up to reunite the army, as Silas starts attacking the last Great Master.

uMT7a9v6yvWTdzqQPrq0W9_FFmxC3KhQW-HLpszM

Silas levels when he kills it, but the rest of the turn is used getting ready to attack the next groups of Generals.

fkuQkn9wi7kaBivyN64B4iBNUL6Slz-qSfS2Szi_S5QLn_HjiVB18y-nhyfniJjRO6fb-qowytE8B3fB

Time to start feeding Nina. Unfortunately these Generals are only getting hurt by magic, and range will keep her alive, so she gets more magic rank when she really needs more axe rank. I activate the dragon vein forward, although the rest of the advance is a bit clumsy. I setup the hammer attack stance with Selena for a Nina attack, and she crits so I do not have to warp Azura in for a dance. I also use Oboro to enemy phase the last Malig Knight.

uqDFBE4JisvRbI27EhQozNk1464EHZG86LtwiMEP

Next turn Nina levels killing the next General after Oboro chips with an Elise attack stance, with her own Elise attack stance, and a dance to finish things as Elise is trying to raise her tome rank and had an attack stance miss with weapon triangle disadvantage.

kbIUxTifyklCguBjVLTH2uZ0TWZVjB7cGvO8dogzsefRLptubUw-CH0ii7NOUL22sNbr8bIZuycvbiIw

With the Generals from the boss island coming in I pull back a little and let Rhajat chip and debuff the first General

ecF7bgXO8NbG3PvwdyOZeLgrJN0vMqxVTT8w_Psq

Next turn Rhajat switches to Lightning to make Nina's kill of the General she chipped and debuffed more reliable. Rhajat then pulls back to let Azura dance Nina, while Ryuuji positions himself to give the strongest attack stance he can, and Elise levels chipping with the horse spirit on the next General to give Nina another kill. Both Elise and Nina are in the last General's range, so Silas rallies defense, and Sakura sets up her aura for both of them, while the Kinshi ferry the last infantry over

R7PQDBhZoPM_Guu_P9lI7FwqADGD9vIpAUKK0K6ma-KJYLYStlOiog-oJilYlCJmsM6b96fu2UhoiXkW

Next turn Nina finishes the General that hit her from range with an Elise attack stance, Sakura heals her and gets her personal skill ready to help anyone taking on the static General, then Nina gets danced by Azura, Elise hits the immobile general in melee, to give Nina the safer and easier kill for a level.

v3nIyA5LWr2ffMWmwHCo4uzbyJrKHeW7yvI-IqgV

Then as I start moving troops forward I really nail down the weird way the Bridges work when the dragon vein is triggered with people on them, and people in the location it will go when Ryuuji activates it.

s2WR75jXwE0lvt58aqEGeyDEzR6zFEvplqVieufi

but people still have to keep moving

58mMrKtYKQcWXS2USTR9JM7QvD2NxlG3xHfHz-k-

With Mitama activating the dragon vein and good use of pairup/separate we congregate before the next group of enemies with Nina baiting in one of the Falcon Knights

-Ak7CbVEbbRt6ToSvDs6Ba24tbIPGgONkvdHrRho

With Nina finishing the Falcon Knight after moving a little to let Azura dance her and level to let her grab the chest I almost forgot about. Rhajat draws in the other Falcon Knight.

9U1fJs02AXvB7l4JW1hvZoxEQlXJJKsZfsc6dL0wqUzW4kyF_QpYDYxn-87fLGFKE8YJT4M0uTR0VPRs

Nina manages to finish off that Falcon Knight, while people are moving forward, and Sakura manages to level while healing.

NxKG8BSR2n_O4Jh1yTqTsqV4Ce_Wz2PnJDAU6HadgDt1aJg0ydIv94XW0MBVzysxbYdjGjIuT3-5hgiT
Now it is time to use the bridge mechanics to my advantage. Mitama activates the dragon vein to move all the people on the bridge to let my infantry get involved in the Onmyoji fight. Oboro got moved along with it, but she still easily reaches a space to hit one of the Sorcerers from range, but with a miss, her former attack stance partner Selena then move forward to let Ophelia get a safer warp kill and give Elise an attack stance on the chip to finish with Caeldori. Rhajat moves in to add an attack stance to Silas ranged chip, and with Azura pairing with Nina to reach Mitama, switch and transfer to let Nina claim the kill on the last one for a level

Bgq_fu9tFCR9TauEoaTaLzkN_WPashRSNh1kf61L35MxtJgXcT2n6jwIgSz2kk650-ZUgGEVCfkUPk3k

Now my fliers get ready to take on the Berserkers, with Oboro chipping the nearest so Nina can grab a kill and some axe rank, with a pairup, Lilypoise boost, defense rally, and luck rally to make it entirely impossible for the other Berserker to ruin her day, while Azura activate a dragon vein to let Ryuuji, Sakura, Ophelia, and Selena gets ready to take on the boss in about two turns.

SwOHpsz4SCqk1aSW7t8UUm4yOqUVCWXjZEyGmKpN

Next turn Silas moves in to chip the mobile Berserker so Nina can finish it for some axe rank, and Elise can chip the other to let Mitama get a kill, and more people approach the boss.

EKdsZXXQ-_Ijiah0aNbyBnlbXuANZmzfufEmAbMB

Nina and Mitama (with a chest key) grab the last chests, while Selena adds some ranged hit to the boss, so Sakura can finish her.

5F-tcIcEGycbs4hi7G459X8EEh6wNQgkvTkKI6FV

Iin7o1_p2KLcrwS1ryvNGis1swkYt6dQ-VTXQUU8

...Was the impregnable stone fortress of Gyges always the capitol? This seems like the kinda thing Azura should know, but I guess its possible her mother never mentioned the capitol while telling her daughter about Valla.

J9x1eidWt_ahs_YTkae9tZOE9DDrs3iru9LkDQvx

Seeing as the first we see of Antony he is being chased, it might be relevant to ask how he picked up that pursuit. If they found him escaping it seems reasonable to question whether or not his means of escape was discovered, but

52PkfC0IQgNDBIef1FgSK_0F1PvuJK2tg1kSuqQb

Xander is having concerns that the whole thing is a trap.

vNQOhYDMZU2aQi75bBR662KRhQRAVx26sJBdLpSR

Despite this being the safest option, Ryuuji would never allow it, and the value of learning a means of entering Anankos's impregnable fortress might be worth the risk.

z2i9-3go9nhUppvg6YCMwTf47o-D8wWiQzraTxO7NIUQuKV1RtvEOyVgfT5Zbg8-_cft2bawioheIjrY

Xander is proving himself to be very perceptive, when he isn't blinded by his relationship to his father.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

In defense of Nina, she is clearly focusing on Silas, and her father would fit nicely as an opposite gendered surrogate for the fantasy.

Wait, so she is pretending Niles is a woman here? I am confused. Too confused.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

J9x1eidWt_ahs_YTkae9tZOE9DDrs3iru9LkDQvx

Seeing as the first we see of Antony he is being chased, it might be relevant to ask how he picked up that pursuit. If they found him escaping it seems reasonable to question whether or not his means of escape was discovered

To be fair, he could have been discovered some distance away from the place he escaped (the idea he could be pursued isn't impossible), so they wouldn't know it was how he got out..

23 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wait, so she is pretending Niles is a woman here? I am confused. Too confused. 

I meant it more as he would be like a male Nina, so sorry for adding extra confusion.

Part 23 Everyone is Here Paralogue 21

Last but for a certainty not least it is time to recruit Soleil. Her chapter is rather tricky as it spreads you very thin if you try to save her allies, so

jF0XKwvn7umke0N9okSxJafyCQbgJpnUbQ0IyHDIlfqwxGi5IUBKnocsM4HnSS35t8NpFjKCCdgxBdoX

I go for as defensive a meal as I can, and I get a flair that would be great if there were more than 2 males on the whole PMU team. Had quite a few resets here, but a part of that is that I wouldn't let any of Soleil's men die.

fV2KGB0164cjmd2EKcQFCEpE_CQ8-Tr4SCqE55XX

I'm glad they have stuck with Dastard throughout the series. It started as clear and silly censorship, but it grows on you, gaining a charm all its own.

sjKmNMiUC3mKbTKhKiAza_XuFcAtKQHK5Mt4npcB

I wonder how the existence of tailed shapeshifters would change the context of this phrase. Then again they may not be well enough known

lrof2sF1nSFVkSmb497kU1i7XsQ-FNa7SR0nQ8T3

I like this little detail, that the villainous brigands didn't fight to the death, or scatter so thoroughly that they never returned, instead that they retreated so they could come back stronger.

kaCLsPiaabr057WNmvjHvAAVwOulhf4J3-edZhcT

Another band of merry men huh.

HIeJ2VXTdw73VOVQQmOrA7xrHnHdTkqwJEfpa4D1

I rather like Soleil, and this hints at two parts of it here. First she somehow has a healthy relationship with her father. Second she is confident and in control of herself, like a force of nature as they put it.

Now onto the paralogue. I end up deploying Nina, Silas, Beruka, Azura, Felicia, Rhajat, Mitama, Azama, Ophelia, and Caeldori, with Ryuuji and Laslow forced. Also of note I made sure everyone had an equipment slot open, as at least one reset I had was tied to not having the room to pickup and move an obstacle. Finally I fill Laslow's equipment with weapons for his daughter.

a1Nkct2Q2A_L45goG_Uu8XBhgu3GEKKWtv68SIxh

My opening has Rhajat kill one of the Berserkers with lightning, and leave Mitama at the edge of Rhajat's range to let her carry her along next turn. Ryuuji and Felicia move as far as they can with a pairup and separate, while Caeldori and Azama do the same. Next Beruka pairs with Nina for the extra move, and then Azura pairs with Silas to move into a position to dance Nina, that then separates as close to Soleil as possible, and then Laslow pairs with Ophelia to warp adjacent to Beruka and drop Lalow adjacent. Unfortunately Soleil doesn't recruit herself.

zjl1-y6J5oe4b9zhS80W-RPjzDHEw8uxHoB_ac4H

But next turn Laslow recruits her.

BUt6c08YYyEs-JYXfqm0xj3TABu9tfDRfEnL_e20

Its a real sign of strength being able to admit you need help.

_nveGDdj9MW4J4hgTdR-5dT22WpWQpDMqhDVAG2r

And like magic, Laslow calling his daughter a Hero

m8PhOMz8b1cD5DuxVxXyXbr0IBSnoeHzveFxWpwf

makes it so.

After Laslow recruits his daughter, Beruka pairs with her to get the extra movement, and she promotes just outside a mixed attacking group to the south to try and get as many as possible to head in that direction instead of near the green unit. Caeldori again pairs and seperates with Azama to draw in the Berserkers with the sunrise katana to dodge tank and counter kill with the Azama attack stance. Rhajat and Mitama pairup to move towards the action, and Ryuuji and Felicia pair and move in such a away to let Ryuuji draw in some of the northern Berserkers, while letting Azura get closer to Mitama and Rhajat for next turn. Next Ophelia pairs with Nina to then separates into range of the approaching Sorcerers

2xgGlMEFVh50bYYldC-INSGc8Onb3CuwvNn3yup8

On enemy phase Ophelia kills the Sorcerer that attacked her, Azama had a miss so one that attacked Caeldori lives, and Ryuuji levels killing the 2 Berserkers that attacked him

mMnr0KhsB0o4jsqKdawWSaJfv_9LnfgRL1O5pYT8

So Felicia chips the last Berserker from range, so Nina can get an axe kill, Ophelia warps to kill the Hero that followed the Sorcerer, and Ryuuji kills the last Sorcerer, emptying the north for now. With a dance, Mitama drops Rhajat and her horse spirit in place to block up 2 of the mixed attacker groups coming from the south. Having successfully drawn the 3 attacker into their direction, Soleil pulls back and separates Beruka. Caeldori kills the last Berserker, so Azama starts heading west to add a healer to those about to confront the armies of the south.

hohHOShz0NCinr7fVlIzP1miudG11q1M8L7uGbCS

Next turn we have 6 more reinforcements show up. So Ophelia moves to be in the range of healing when Felicia draws in the new Sorcerers (without drawing the Dark Knights yet) with the Ryuuji attack stance to kill it. In the south, Soleil hand axes the first Sorcerer, with a lightning attack stance from Rhajat in case she misses. Then Beruka lunge kills the next Sorcerer, and after Azama healing her, Rhajat enters the Beruka lunged past to chip the Hero behind the last Sorcerer, so that Mitama can kill it instead (and trade switch Soleil to a more melee focused weapon). Now Nina moves in to separate Silas from Azura, and she dances him, to let him grab one of the obstacles for future use. Caeldori is staying in position for future reinforcement reasons. Sometime one of the the enemies that Soleil drew in would head for the green unit anyway, and she would deal with that if it happens.

QTDgh_anPCggYqeWCnl88BwUy3gk_7DpfJi601e7

Now 10 more reinforcements popup. Felicia and Ryuuji pull back to try and enemy phase another Sorcerer (and get Ryuuji in position to deal with the northern Berserker reinforcements). Beruka finishes the one that hit her, Rhajat killed one on enemy phase, and chips the other enough for Soleil to handaxe it. Silas and Mitama kill the Heroes, Azura catches a ride with Nina to let Soleil kill the Sorcerer after Azama healed her, so Ophelia moves to Ryuuji to grab a healing item from the convoy, to then warp to Rhajat to trade it to her and pair with her, so they get ready to chip the Heroes from the south. Rhajat levels on enemy phase

IIoQ__nofvhFFfnaVGb3Iuom0CFYp0w-edEUj_fFxN5RqgyAVQMLDH5ZPXcOm53tTTg1XcNNhkxbJZH2

5 more show up this turn. A dance lets Soleil level on the last Hero in the south with the good old Rhajat lightning attack stance.

eMzh5UaHuDq61nzCYP9Ms2EuUb3eeMw9prxW69Cs

Next Rhajat moves to Beruka, switches to Ophelia, transfers to Beruka, and Ophelia warps to pair with Felicia so she can block the path to the green unit without having to worry about Hero attack stances (and have the power to enemy phase the Dark Knights in a couple of turns). Silas move in to pair with Ryuuji for the +5 crit avoid (had a reset due to Berserker crits here), to make a future maneuver easier, and give him access to an obstacle. Azama heals Beruka, she moves and separates Rhajat, and Laslow separates Nina from Azura. Mitama is getting ready to pairup with Caeldori soon, but thing do not go quite according to plan there.

BZp114SI_HiNv52UgkDbkSbSk3xFdR85ACcVY00W

As I need to get the other obstacle in place to protect a green unit from Sorcerers. Mitama flies over to grab it, Azura pairs with Laslow, gets transfered to Beruka to then then switch to Azura to transfer Beruka and dance Mitama to drop the obstacle. Also 8 reinforcements showed up in the players starting position, but I have at least two turns before they are a problem. Caeldori grabs a kill on the first Berserker, but has to do so with the Cordelia sword instead of the sunrise katana and levels.

axdSPd_vzvVjTXmNnm82CElgcwzxN1sxXQNkXHZ8

Sorry about the thumb. Felicia has to kill the Berserker that had a handaxe in the north (she has a full guard up so this is safe), while Ryuuji gets ready to test his new dragon stone+ on the Heroes. Rhajat pairs with Nina to start chipping the oncoming Sorcerers with Azama and Soleil there to finish them next turn.

OyTnQy7LRXz5Vo0HWpRlvEOXIjQRgl_GDG5hlO9T

Caeldori kills the Berserker without the handaxe, but takes a hit. Mitama manages to level on the return shot on a Sorcerer.

KcHm9o701_V8qUzUhedp1qMdPZ4uwJpOI1k_x2lP

So Azama pairs with Laslow to get dropped a bit closer, so Azura can dance him to get close enough to range heal Caeldori, and give her an attack stance on the last Berserker, as her seal attack dropped out of the +4 damage bonus from her personal skill, and she needs it to kill (again no sunrise katana). Felicia finishes the Hero that was hurt by the dragon stone, and explicitly in range of all the Dark Knight (and with the magic boost from Ophelia pairup she exactly kills them). Ryuuji moves and switches to Silas to chip the other Hero (and have the extra move for next turn). Soleil kills one Sorcerer, and Rhajat switches to Nina to let her lunge to block off the last one.

d7iJ5ypWtkuhbnLrxTRn1AHyIOJHwV1e09UB2_or

Caeldori faces the highest accuracy attack yet, a low 50 and dodges anyway. Felicia levels by killing all the Dark Knights.

tciDJ48jXbdEzyHiCpJhlKIth8-Nw70pEUfIJrj0

Silas moves to protect a green unit from melee, switches to Ryuuji to Dragon tank, and he trades to drop the obstacle next to him, while Felicia moves and switches to Ophelia, to get danced for an Azura level, and kill the Berserker in the midst of the Sorcerers she is now blocking

gBtWNn8wNUHn3il8UCop50xbBif8w6_OtDi86sMp

Caeldri gets the Azama pairup and starts using the sunrise katana to kill the first bowknight safely. Nina lets Rhajat get in position to tank a mixed attacking group in the center of the south with Mitama just behind, while Soleil prepares to enemy phase that last injured Sorcerer (but I forget to account for the +1 defense from the forest so it lives on 1 hp)

blEWpuEAyAqzsg6u02M4yvO_LHFtR8jSvFn3m70a

Caeldori takes some poison damage, and Ophelia enemy phases the lot of the Sorcerers, but she is a bit low on health. On player phase Ryuuji kills the one that hit him enemy phase,  while Caeldori is working her way through the Bow Knights. Rhajat moves close to Azura and uses a vulnerary to let Soleil grab a kill after a Mitama chip, then Rhajat gets dance to finish another with the lightning (also trade switches Soleil to a handaxe), and then Ophelia uses that space in front of Rhajat to warp and switch to Felicia, trade switches her weapon back to horse spirit, and range heals Soleil. Soleil ends up leveling on enemy phase to that Sorcerer she tried to kill last turn

xcae3_HP7p7eJzmSQayhhr_z3TyWBE7taVm4VwPMZRAt0jMnMFQO3yABxo8519Y87f4mCfADHVvtyA3c

After a Hero handaxes the green unit behind Ryuuji, he switches to Silas to lunge kill it for a level and to prevent any more damage on that poor green unit. I let Azama get the kill on the last Bow Knight for a level as well.

WjBmZ7iyhmnwMwLXqTAlKMV-koDk_IKx2VSHNzPVNiVPUgsP1d3c-8MzKIqh72iXdLxG3WDycCavW8Pu

Now Mitama has a full guard so she chips Zhara, and Felecia switches to Ophelia to have her warp and finish him (taking advantage of the weaknesses of magic counter).

w4oSquwMotgqqL2HCrp4CvcKZ9qLLccF5F5aqDy0

Next Rhajat with a dance blocks off the Berserker Sorcerer pairs, and trade equips a bow on Mitama, and Soleil finishes the last Sorcerer in the south.

4jInENYQMe6rnqfGHgpCXmChmEhxYmx41mu2w7DD

Next turn Beruka range lunge kills the Sorcerer half of the nearest paired enemy

mqjW9yng0bqda0vkTg4P2D42FrLtAPBFrJIgxnzb

and Ophelia finishes the Berserker half for a level

Pg_eDK2XuUshpymWW19a3DL8c9JfheEve0eyPMD5

and Nina kills the other Sorcerer thanks to Rhajat sealing its resistance. Then Azura dances Ophelia to let Felicia heal Soleil. Silas switches back to Ryuuji while killing another Hero, and Azama starts to approach him while carrying Caeldori.

4Mz4-4BwMQTtiCJQr8ygD1pW4TPX9XHs_XkekHTk

The last Sorcerer falls fairly easily on the last turn, and I let Soleil end things with the Berserker.

WfM_3XG70tKYLLqsumdfmiekI__6RpfoOrL_xQZr

mTCD8ELZAITJkDQlTEoG_-Aaxfd3e3jK74zeBR-c

Laslow successfully sums up this chapter, but pulling it off was a lot of fun.

IvuXJC5aLUe2TnFwVWNd-4lxDDfHJEmLj0jZq-6sfCt948sjb-N8fAe0J9UeoZVSsSS-a9hkaxPJ29LT

I do like the way they characterize Soleil's nervous flirtation, it may be a bit cliche but comes across as consistent with his character.

Bmc_LHCmGlAeTyGQ-bghjmCbZrye_mUGksxNHKlv

Laslow continue to prove himself to be a progressive father, and positive figure in his daughter's life despite the way he treats women.

Sd7MLRqTlpbY6mlRZL6TfIbdRdTiPhyq0wyhcJ-Y

Good advice, but Soleil's success is clearly due to her confidence.

_QVTzwxVvxw8vS6dk35MUAngGu3sltj2Th0cYWtF

While I am tempted to say that children are not their parents, Silas is clearly judging Laslow unfairly. Laslow has only shown himself to be a good father in their interactions, and fatherhood seems to bring out the best in him.

Now that everyone joined, I think next time will be another unit review, but first it is time to for the final Accessorizing.

9xiPLibj36egy7VkbIiePq3FvPzlNCHjOY8j_EiU

Arete's feather is massive, eye catching, gaudy, and perfect for Ophelia.

i-2SWO-hFQ-x84vx0ROtw67GaV6DpAzXBBXk3Hwj

If any of the human Fates characters is a furry it would be Nina, and even if she isn't I could still see her wearing the tail as part of some cosplay

xfI1utl2NXnrXct-Vw8ftyImw_t1ZZYP5cJpqg7A

The white flowers are subtle, but emphasis her flirtatiousness.

And like magic, Laslow calling his daughter a Hero

m8PhOMz8b1cD5DuxVxXyXbr0IBSnoeHzveFxWpwf

makes it so.

(Insert your choice of Hero song here)

IvuXJC5aLUe2TnFwVWNd-4lxDDfHJEmLj0jZq-6sfCt948sjb-N8fAe0J9UeoZVSsSS-a9hkaxPJ29LT

I do like the way they characterize Soleil's nervous flirtation, it may be a bit cliche but comes across as consistent with his character.

Soleil's a man all along?

Is that why (s)he has difficulty working with woman?

Bmc_LHCmGlAeTyGQ-bghjmCbZrye_mUGksxNHKlv

Laslow continue to prove himself to be a progressive father, and positive figure in his daughter's life despite the way he treats women.

I mean, kind of.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't have improved.

_QVTzwxVvxw8vS6dk35MUAngGu3sltj2Th0cYWtF

While I am tempted to say that children are not their parents, Silas is clearly judging Laslow unfairly. Laslow has only shown himself to be a good father in their interactions, and fatherhood seems to bring out the best in him.

He doesn't think Laslow was able to raise a child.

Someone maybe could take some lessons, Silas.

i-2SWO-hFQ-x84vx0ROtw67GaV6DpAzXBBXk3Hwj

If any of the human Fates characters is a furry it would be Nina, and even if she isn't I could still see her wearing the tail as part of some cosplay

True story, my niece's dog has a full name: Furball Furby Nina.

Nina has been ruined forever now for me.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:15 AM, Dayni said:

Soleil's a man all along?

That was a silly typo of me.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't have improved.

True, he really should work on improving himself.

Furball Furby Nina.

So her Fursona has a name ?

All right onto the Unit Review

Ryuuji with HP boon, and Skill Bane

zR0JqCbb_G7xrdcKAFpkp5u4mzYY16LHJ4Wedkvq1hFbC2RQoanWB9f82I24pH7paZRORoGDle2dRwbm

Ryuuji is a solid swordsman, with the incredibly useful dragon hex, but
wUFzy4xfi6L6gu0G1Aplo2gLMUo8oybJ6HGoqWhc
the dragonstone + is an interesting trade-off, with a skill bane that accuracy  is particularly bad and gets worse (thankfully you can't be debuffed into negative skill), but it lets him become arguably my best mixed tank (although his middling speed and lack of 2 range in dragon form can make Rhajat a better mixed tank in some situations)

Felicia

9_KgSJqyUOM0HbGmHQk4H6-DLHZZp831lf3uS3Edd0WKiBKcld1gOMwf7DgQmwCsf3mTg9WBXYayMZ-I

Tome breaker is about the only thing she really has over Sakura (the higher luck is very situational, and the higher resistance is kinda trumped by Tome breaker). Tome breaker is still amazing, and even when Sakura hits level 15 she can fall back into a supportive role easily.

Azura

KA6zsDii2FT8cs5mvjKdT6Qfu4xDBhz9EeXEgqW1MBNrVnWo32VDfGtvgXZirVN8HJ6M8i7p3VFExEln

Her stats have never mattered, only her ability to dance does.

Sakura

SYvt3hZlOX36Fmx9GeiDT0TOvr_tsPy75-xLi4wGqZZk9MirA7moXIG1NzNXisJAr_LK3_RkATrXM86p

Now that she has access to the flame shuriken she is a competent combatant. She has the defenses and speed to take a hit, and hits hard with magic damage. She can still use her normal healing and aura utility if she needs to.

Caeldori

6Nw4kXHDO0lW66zCgRJN-mLqgdivzcBGEvJeK9XFrI7krn-0rJOP2qVQqYX5cYLD6bo8_BrBwqTjgmp0

She hits hard and can dodge tank rather well. With the sunrise katana she hits 79 avoid, and the double rally of Azama lets her hit 89, plus all of her supports add avoid (although one needs to raise a rank first). She won't survive well against WTD, but otherwise does well. She also has access to the Camaraderie skill, and I am thinking of swapping Strength Seal out for it, as it is proving to be a bit of a mixed blessing. Her high dodge lets it add some physical bulk to her, but it can also pull enemies out of Prodigy range for less damage.

Oboro

CI-aJjD4palzpZCFZeAM9kKjgMjythcoZ1j9BGzilBov44bvlbgxY7tv4UI7hSeaJvZrwGq3VXg2wA4O

Her and Mitama have fairly similar offensive stats, with Oboro having a bit more physical bulk,  but their skills notably differentiate them. Oboro has far more offensively oriented skill (Quick Draw, Nohr Emnity, and Seal Defense) which let her hit a lot harder. Plus her weapon ranks are close to capping, giver her access to many useful weapons.

Selena

RSgEr-cbL02vfMy_AZbnXBipHyzb7DLcIsOMUsJNJ9WBmeIm-tTpZ-BCNG_mpWJKr8yahetcyeVsNNVG

Now that her weapon ranks are more respectable she can function well as a Berserker. At her best when multiple allies use her attack stance, on top of her own attacks to roll for her high crit rate as many times as possible. She does also have strength rally, but she usually has better things to do.

Beruka

fVSjxqEqOeu03NA889udpy_jqHGmP_pM0E33ZRzM70OsvLQuSQcZo3Q2KbA9Hz7yhZA9bn08UZnJ84CU

Beruka and Silas are starting to hit dangerously low speeds (raider weapons help a little, and if she hits C sword the practice sword can help more), even if their physical stats are good. Luna lets her take more advantage of her high skill stat (and personal growth rate).

Elise

nAz0RqrPXMHUycOGqj6K88FDWdX4l6QkjnFrVdQNj898TJ3sejKzm7uftiL8CFoHIywK4fPcyWIA_yqy

Elise has similar looking stats to Nina, but with a magic attack focus. The bolt axe hits hard, but she is still working on the weapon ranks to reach lightning. Good unit with a great personal.

Silas

rq1YrNohA4669zNx7dfUKRIhWs2D3LPq3CT3nVsV3S8XvnjPsNFQwIVPUsELuMLtw1J08LIXYF0_UNT-

Silas's low speed is starting to get worrisome even with his bulk. He has a lot of useful utility abilities at this point, with flying shelter being a great addition to the normal Wyvern Lord abilities of a flying lunge, general flying utility, and the excellent defense rally.

Rhajat

gXeyv5AGnbBfE2ByG2qxvYLlJCiDcWdmPer8Xv4_1meCJuK_m4xv6UkWZ9-7fvYBFjC_WqEwXkkp_tMm

Her mixed bulk with the horse spirit is overwhelming what I used her for, although she occasionally takes the offensive with lightning. Tomes have far more useful abilities attached to them, and better 1-2 range capabilities, and with skills that push her towards more towards magic attacks (seal magic and its synergy with vendetta, and +2 magic), her axe rank has fallen far behind. She also has access to Push as a skill if I want to swap something out for it.

Azama

K7hDzP5aRjXy0xOC2ROlhWEEIw_y2Hn4jC5RBia7ZlhU35HoY2uRNbpaft2HJwEs0B_E78jAlACk-a8U

He has good attacking stats, staff utility, and a useful rally combination. Rally speed is great and worth using alone, and works well with rally luck for an overall 10 avoid boost. He currently has the bolt naginata due to having a magic stat, but it hasn't seen any use yet.

Mitama

49BqSkKya0EgR6pj5iyeSJuOyuBfakUmgIM6FtAHdovBOBDIyeBT5Wx-8mTH1ec4BDiE2e4UOFqW_iXH

Mitama has similar offensive stats to Oboro, but with higher magic bulk, and fairly bad physical bulk. Her personal skill, Camaraderie, and Miracle give her more abilities to survive and recover, plus Darting Blow lets her hit higher speed ranges. She also has a magic stat, but she hasn't hit the bow rank (or spear rank I suppose) to actually use that yet.

Ophelia

VC4dyAPHF-OLaWekvlNb9EFdvQ6mD2OttSovxyFUaFPKDiS1ojRNMnDclEQb5AXVQa6LLjgJ9cpXDzLj

Ophelia is best mage. Warp is also amazingly useful, brokenly so in some maps.

Nina

r9m89wAt1xffsT_b4zk1UplHQZFd9qVRwvSzMgoqLXBtVYITAuw68domkJbuhPL4EPf8RS8rJVD940dX

Nina has similar looking stats to Elise, other than her terrible HP and a focus on physical attacks. Unfortunately her weapon ranks are still stuck at E and her personal is almost unusable with Ryuuji, Azama, and Silas being the only male units in the PMU. Her +1 move, and lock touch have excellent utility though.

Soleil

JhjxxG5YtpoxLJ5zUMnUNlNroL3hOa0YT3gZFi-7zUDccAoFTewbiq0ruTr2Rr5ltB0w-z1KxXHA0wSR

Good stats, passable weapon rank, and an easy to activate (on this mostly female PMU) good personal skill.

Next up is chapter 21, which has a gimmick that makes it very easy.

Part 24 Steroids, not even once kids

OxQV2R92FXMzicTg5qP834eeewS_s9OHuvBtsU4D

Unless this is slightly hyperbolic, this indicates that Xanders words and opinions have swayed the Hoshidans as well as Nohrians. More indication of the easing of tensions between the two nations.

sWj9u1Ml4dbmDN_3N6NlAzMm4kGO5rwuUzXPxrMZ

Heading in there alone would still be suspicious. If he actually managed to open the front entrance I would assume it was a trap, for how would actually succeed without inside help.

Hrlwg1e_LZNfxMNTzNp7KESloi1vpeDn_5y4utJX

It is a terrible situation to be in (if he wasn't a traitor) as a large group like Ryuuji's army would have a much greater chance of being discovered (and having to fight their way through), even without treachery.

gB_2RBvpXUJ1-qjSex1xapWEAC3WZY8kFxCZopjo

I do wonder what Anthony would have done if Ryuuji just let him enter alone. But alas Ryuuji followed Anthony into a trap

4X8CIB0brPlbeXBkmonNVSfLvtb6WdHwnRRDY-x6

I am going to give the Revelations writers credit for the clever dual reference of this line. The first is what Anthony is clearly intending, the "cut the head of a snake and the body will die", but there is another phrase that references the myth of the hydra, "cut off the head, and two grow back in its place", hinting that even if Ryuuji falls, Xander and Ryoma would still be there to pick up the pieces of his army.

8weVH56_wdrop4n5S28nlAf5sFKGmg6Q4oO1j3MP

Despite Anthony trying to sell this as Ryuuji not trusting him, leaving a note to inform people of where he has gone and what he is doing (or letting someone else know this information by telling them in person) is a basic safety precaution. The arrival of the army hints that this precaution was unnecessary as his not sibling were intentionally keeping an eye on him (and following when he suspiciously wandered off).

m9ZuWEe9oPWN_CgXSe2ff0R7Lh5QtHXpLUW1O-0D
The change in Anthony's physique when Anankos transforms him into a faceless is kinda impressive. Also despite him not saying anything intelligible here, his battle quotes are, which is unique for faceless.

All right onto the map. I let Ophelia take a break as she is a little over-leveled, and this chapter is kinda easy. Felicia is also on the bench due to not needing a third healer

2Ip9tapOWIVJQ2yudmIx6LYDUuglXOdkPWCbdETf

I start by letting Elise tank the two nearest tome users to gain some tome rank, with Nina in position to get some axe rank

AggzuUZFhapx_B0CCOvHzvuzrMVqNfTHGpfG8E0b

The gimmick of this map is that units that end their movement/action in a blue room become unpromoted, and have to do the same in a red room to promote again

w0aJblfc8-kMwNGCIjHvY18OlP09izmgfk4XVdp1

which lets you take on enemies in weakened states. Note that this change in form doesn't seem to effect the amount of xp gained. This chapter is an opportunity to gain up weapon ranks and xp, so Nina starts by gaining some axe rank and a level taking out the nearest mage, and Selena levels killing the spearman

8SIoJ9jMcJV73zK8THgpKvMa77VdHu1-3tYyrCEonNG4UzY0lMh5zhpVnlNyWiuVQ6aFR-MAyks_BhN_

Soleil uses a handaxe which chips without the Selena crit the other spearmen so Elise gets some more xp and tome rank, and Oboro claims the other mage kill with a Nina attack stance, and Mitama trade equips her to a killer lance for enemy phase. Everyone else moves in behind, with Beruka pairing with Silas to separate into enemy maid range with a bronze lance, and Caeldori getting danced to reach her destination

Uh5w0xcdAZMaAwXMTU77-tkZJMfCa3NQnrj5BcKA

Next turn Caeldori, Silas and Beruka break off to deal with the east, and are drawing two Master of Arms into demoting. Then Azama enters this nice hole in my formation to give almost everyone a speed & luck rally. Elise kills the Troubadour (former Maid), and Soleil finishes off the injured Samurai with a handaxe for some relationship gains with Ryuuji. With the speed rally and a Nina pairup to get the needed movement to kill the Samurai in the next room with a dual yumi, and after a dance Azama separates them, as the rest are following along.

E6nQ54uoZ1q09NOLkXQy_o3xsTdx5uX7LBM0Ehha

Next Sakura levels by healing Azama, and after a dance killing the mage that hit him.

W0B4wvw7ukLINGmq2sQxclSZDbQmasT-VpA4pLoi

Caeldori, Silas, and Beruka are enough to wipe out the former Master of Arms. Then Ryuuji moves in to draw in some Master of Arms, and Rhajat pulls the shining bow Adventurer

hVdisfAS4s7ie747hTFqtwWPaGpIEy2GUyag7Pki

Next turn is a bit busy as Elise kills the former Master of Arms that attacked Ryuuji for a level.

RpxwwSugmdACcO9obH_y4ySmiiqXyD7p9Dac22by

Selena ranged chips the other to let Azama kill it. Ryuuji and Sakura blocks off the Merchant from hitting those flyers with a bow without drawing in any mages, as Sakura kills the Archer/Sniper that was moving with him at range (that border region to the south apparently counts as part of the blue room so it was an Archer at the time). Azura dances Azama to let him range heal the damage Sakura took. Nina moves to range chip the Swordmaster that added an attack stance to the shining bow attack so Oboro can grab the kill for a level with a lance (Mitama trade equips her back to bow for enemy phase), and Soleil finishes the shining bow for another level

284lJ8Nc6-y9Jn7MjpOFeCjOA32TipgDcO0tq-EJgBhoAug6aKnX9F8rWnDibS6PnJCTtadS0L5nooFz

In the east Caeldori, SIlas, and Beruka are getting in position to kill the fighters next turn without letting them promote.

1nC7QllsEb_X4LJQtQPfMNHSxXFi0xj4njNJa3Fz

This tactic works next turn and gets Beruka a level.

Ee4e6Ws6jL8bs9du-ujyI1wXQLUOlcnn-P0Ncu51

Soleil finishes the former Maid, Nina grabs the chest, Selena kills the former Merchant, and everyone else starts positioning for next turn. Of note is that Rhajat and Mitama are waiting to ambush the new Swordmaster that spawned after it demotes next turn.

ZdtRPnrkgMPqKzbV7LxKPq1s3ZZu__8VAbEJw3pI

It ends up being Mitama and Sakura that kill the former Swordmaster. Oboro starts baiting in the Maid to the south as the whole army prepares to crush the yet to promote mages.

PBwIZoJXUiUWXr0URS4QAjnUtLuKh6prGMBcY6s3

Azama easily wipes one mage, and a Silas javelin plus Caeldori attack stance kills another, then Elise pulls off a Lunge to pull in the last mage for an easier finish, and get her in position to draw in a Swordmaster

Mx4KKLd1UCAhOOP6v8BjnwkaC0MLR3sU7CI9CR9N

Selena finishes that almost dead mage with an Azama attack stance. Soleil finishes the maid, and a Nina ranged chip, lets Oboro finish the former Swordmaster. Next Sakura pairs with Rhajat to get transferred to Ryuuji, and after a dance they put themselves in position to give her 4 extra damage reduction with a trade equip to the horse spirit for 3 more.

YbLJn2jbeQPMfIFnnZZ82-NaPDjahZ6JVt_PrqL0

Mitama finishes the former Swordmaster. Sakura heals up Elise as Ryuuji gets ready to dragon tank the first Ninja, and Nina draws in an Adventurer. Nina chains together some transfers to approach the next chest as Caeldori, Rhajat, and Silas setup for a plan to debuff the boss room.

7rRPuGrEFMEFzpHKcaYJYcZqItylhF9JN_ujxc29

Soleil kills the Adventurer that attacked her, and Mitama pulls back to help her and Oboro deal with the Master of Arms reinforcements I have been ignoring, but whose range you can see below. Selena makes it fairly easy to chain together the two Ninja kills. Nina grabs the other chest but the others in that direction wait another turn before activating the dragon vein.

KAUmXK2UDfTGGom4rkNZ8AV6ji-_Y92em0FRapkG

Speaking of which.

zLZkwgZvRbRRxqld5D5W-zi1coWLmeVKWWyNhOYN

This changes the colors of the rooms, but doesn't change people's classes until they end their turn, so Ryuuji draws in the unpromoted Ninja, while Soleil and Oboro kill the former Master of Arms. Elise has to charge back to chip a Sniper that spawned on the stairs, so Mitama can finish it with an Oboro attack stance. Silas then defense rallys Rhajat and get in position to give her an attack stance to rile up the boss room with the horse spirit.

W0ILFMsYmyEeyP8VAagT47QpwQ4LLmCc6-NB16tc

Nina kills the first Ninja with Ryuuji leveling on the attack stance hit.

N3Sd9u7etjqmvOfUNp7SKBuZeCSFA_bEG0VdeXaG

Beruka then nabs the other kill with Nina's attack stance. Azura dances Nina into range of grabbing the next chest. Then Selena gets ready to enemy phase the General that left the boss room with her hammer and a precautionary Ryuuji pairup for some extra crit avoid. Rhajat took enough damage that she pulls back to let Caeldori finish the one that attacked her, and Silas gives her a rally defense for next turn. Everyone else moves towards the boss room as fast as they can.

sv9RrC-cN_GNmog2Mxe4-lv2hU83AaOhKBPeM6JN

Caeldori kills the other bow user on enemy phase for a level.

R5MUN0J0Fk-sGr6cIEUrtmY-L6GtjG5rQxB8bj98

But a pair of Master Ninja spawn into striking distance of her, and a pair of Maids (one with a chest key) spawn next to the chest Nina is approaching. The three that were in that room flee from those terrifying looking Ninja. Selena prepares to enemy phase the demoted General, Nina grabs the nearby chest and Elise kill the Maid with the chest key after a dance.

e48TuZl2Dnmqs7Ufj3Bl1DxJnovfxplUUVQtF23G

The reinforcements end up being a false alarm, as one of the Master Ninja escapes the map immediately, and after the surviving maid acts it demotes (despite the room she is in being uncolored).I think these guys are supposed to grab the chests, and the Ninja that ran is tied to a chest I have already looted. I still have those three flee in case I am wrong. I use Soleil to occupy the spaces the former Maid would use to promote (so it doesn't move). Everyone else gets in positions to grab the chests and kill the boss in one turn.

NjgHti2ZpljmIaSVjE1B7KaMp-tcUerEQwS7Vy3c

But the arrival of magic reinforcements delays that plan. I use Elise to draw in one, and Selena the other (this is only safe due to a full guard gauge). Once the Ninja demotes I finish him with those who were fleeing before, and Soleil finishes the former Maid. Azura ends up leveling while dancing as well

H72bd4zL6WNpI246C0-XQabRZhhzpgK_co_bU0uZzWex4PAXRmr1Vl6dtBsjyd6-wswjWloaOJ4GMlxQ

I decide to take an extra turn due to the arrival of a General.

xd_EsV5QT5glzE8XiYrE_QCXk8_jJgJDhR2lzsLS

But after its death I grab the last chests, and let Beruka grab the kill on Anthony after an Elise chip.

HzeY3XOPqCipM1t4zk1dfySCc7GNd2ENf54FG692

Having been betrayed Ryuuji is having his faith in humanity tested, but Ryoma and Xander are there to help restore his faith in people.

EvKYMukO3QLWeiUYHg8hkVy_-G6biL82thxH6D0o

And then Gunter ends the chapter with the entirely innocent note that

cP91lcagMyF32I-WLUS7_vP0QT7oetJiOec2yDxB

On 6/2/2019 at 3:18 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

sWj9u1Ml4dbmDN_3N6NlAzMm4kGO5rwuUzXPxrMZ

Heading in there alone would still be suspicious. If he actually managed to open the front entrance I would assume it was a trap, for how would actually succeed without inside help.

If he was super sneaky.....

A Gaiden level with Anthony sneaking around and getting to the mechanism to open the gate maybe?

4X8CIB0brPlbeXBkmonNVSfLvtb6WdHwnRRDY-x6

I am going to give the Revelations writers credit for the clever dual reference of this line. The first is what Anthony is clearly intending, the "cut the head of a snake and the body will die", but there is another phrase that references the myth of the hydra, "cut off the head, and two grow back in its place", hinting that even if Ryuuji falls, Xander and Ryoma would still be there to pick up the pieces of his army.

Somehow I feel like it's a bit unintentional, considering Corrin's meant to be the grand uniter.

It's a neat little thing if true, but I'm not sure that near anyone would have been thinking like that.

The gimmick of this map is that units that end their movement/action in a blue room become unpromoted, and have to do the same in a red room to promote again

w0aJblfc8-kMwNGCIjHvY18OlP09izmgfk4XVdp1

which lets you take on enemies in weakened states. Note that this change in form doesn't seem to effect the amount of xp gained. This chapter is an opportunity to gain up weapon ranks and xp, so Nina starts by gaining some axe rank and a level taking out the nearest mage, and Selena levels killing the spearman

I feel like an idiot because it looks like you're unaffected. Are you?

Really feels like you should be affected.

And then Gunter ends the chapter with the entirely innocent note that

cP91lcagMyF32I-WLUS7_vP0QT7oetJiOec2yDxB

Completely innocuous.

Couldn't be said by a nicer guy.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:45 AM, Dayni said:

If he was super sneaky.....

A Gaiden level with Anthony sneaking around and getting to the mechanism to open the gate maybe?

Maybe, but as Chapter 24 will show, Fire Emblem stealth missions tend to kinda suck

Part 25 Mind Readers Chapter 22

Lets start with some weapon rank related preps. Elise hit C rank tome so she gets a lightning tome, Mitama just managed C rank bows, so she can use a shining bow; and Nina reached D rank axe, and gained a handaxe for ranged physical damage. This chapter isn't very hard with so many fliers on my side, so no trips to the food court, but I did nab a reset forgetting that Mecanists get bows as their alternate weapon type. Now back to the story.

D7VIR3Js8lc3P4ltcUf1bAw-Pq99kcbq3YDSQ5LI

Seeing as Elise was born after Azura's capture, which is well into her exile, she must have been very yo-

LOg9Zl_X20LlGwlXsdfy66WchYV-LGkfSSwsl1CD

...Young enough that her mother still had to lead her by the hand sounds about right.

IcEjtY9HpfdruDS8gzpTrl6j20uy9zbqe2lxuMEK

That is a very dark commentary on the nature, and mentality behind Monarchy.

IlMtoZ695vPFb0OENc02LggM5ePE0lrjotF6ge4X

Azure, why didn't you recognize her when she was the boss of -

-ogGJdtxEapTRj_opmtyn2c8ITpqeLx_KlgCiN-F

...Ok this is getting a little surreal

6nq7B7gRlvHv3bw7w8rZZVHsUOo0aOoVnAGH0K1e

Doesn't he know that this is what happened to his slime father.

...I think the writers have stopped anticipating my commentary.

WnPCaSdDzmcTml5WWB99TTjJ--hi9JtnczPI3p2s

It is kinda interesting that she doesn't have Arete's memories, or pretends to have them, like Garon or Mikoto.

All right onto the chapter. Ophelia is still a level above the group, as is Caeldori, so they warm the bench on this one. Its also interesting to note that barring Arete (and the faceless I suppose) every enemy on this map is of a Hoshidan class.

XUOffr4_b_HTdQBhGq5zs86bm_NEW67kQoUboQRa

Selena starts by crit killing the Sniper for a level.

AJmuYoTCeKimlvJD6bLSp_zFyMcMxvpOJZdJZdx4

Then Beruka, and Silas trade Selena to the dual club to try and range chip the lower Sword Master, but he is evasive enough that even after Elise tries to lightning him, Mitama has to finish him with a bronze lance (and takes a Vantage hit in return that Azama ranges heals a bit away) for a level.

UO5n1Ux1J_WRAyGLlDQAepL2uiPGRdMi43e3U7Ug

The other Sword Master dies to Oboro using a dual yumi, and thankfully Mitama had an unlikely miss on her attack stance, so Soleil gets the kill (and a level) without having to face a Vantage attack.

93v-ZAuNPOo3zBEnLXj8OUmOVcmymrlixA_M3bJq

Rhajat draws in the Spearmen from the south with the horse spirit plus supportive and quiet strength to take the hit. Nina is also nearby to deal with these southern enemies, and Azura uses her dance to get Felicia closer to the northern group

CbQqfRq19CJj-2_xvNv33dhMSIAQjK7jdWd3H-Rq

Beruka takes a hard hit from the Onmyoji with Spear Master attack stance (Soleil traded her to a bronze lance before so she isn't doubled), and Rhajat is hurt by the Spear Master with another's attack stance hit. Soleil kills the Onmyoji, but has to take a hit from it. Selena gets into position to give Beruka her attack stance against the Spear Master, although with no crit Silas nabs the level, and kill instead. With this space Felicia gives Soleil a range heal to finish the news in the north.

Iy3tm8opdWr9_hUe4Wv1TYPFXViUv5FQ5evsXA64

Next Mitama kills an approaching Falcon Knight and gives Oboro an attack stance against one of the Great Masters in the forest, and Azama finishes it. The south is a lot trickier, as Rhajat and Ryuuji missed all their attacks on enemy phase. Sakura starts by chipping the first Spear Master, to give Nina the axe kill. Next Ryuuji moves in to chip the other with a dragonstone+, and give Rhajat a +20 hit to let her comfortably kill the Sniper that followed behind with lightning. Finally Elise kills the remaining Spear Master after a dance with a ranged boltaxe hit.

DTe1lYc9r_B3qI87KL2YgYJDNIGwFs26JsLKPSND

Mitama has to rely on that air superiority avoid to dodge the Falcon Knight attack stance with the Great Master in the woods, so on player phase she one shot the Falcon Knight, and Oboro and Azama repeat their last turn on the other Great Master, for a level on both.

hEiTcD0NfAy2duaJh4eNVOlWEUBCic6eBGOcMdCz_Hc1TmZQXDG9u5LA9KPpd2cQynu1U_rUELZwzBR4

Things are slow in the north as Felicia heals Beruka, Beruka draws in the Faceless, Selena gives her a strength rally (and an attack stance on enemy phase), and Silas adds a defense rally. Things are slow in the south as well, with Sakura healing Rhajat, and Ryuuji healing from a convoy vulnerary. Nina and Elise can't quite kill the nearest Master of Arms (it runs to the fort to heal), but Elise  levels on the chip anyway.

atUji7dxVZ2Swx_644gvLwoiStzbgfPzsyZ6Ns2KMNnXMBnxwTw53S6d-rWYjNlGAlRJT2pyXaI4oiHH

Next turn Selena range chips the faceless, for Beruka to finish it, and Felicia heals her. Next Mitama sets up the attack stance for Oboro, Azama heals Mitama, Oboro chips the uninjured Master of Arms, Elise finishes it, and Nina kills the 1 health one on the fort. Sakura does some healing but otherwise that is the turn.

UcAoHnSuW3HXvXXTzbdpwux2jc7KSV5HcZfcK9wh

Next turn Beruka gets into position to draw in a Spear Master, Selena gives her a strength rally and attack stance, with the rest of the north following behind. In the center, Rhajat kills the Oni Chieftain that is approaching with a lightning for a level

l8ZJFUo52imDda4SIo7F5acFJVWc3bVv5cVipFbP

Ryuuji finally activates a Dragon Vein to follow the fliers, Azura dances so he can move forward with Sakura. Azama gives Mitama his double rally, and she bullies the spy yumi Sniper with a shinig bow (to get effective damage on the Falcon Knight that heals him instead of attacking on enemy phase). While Nina loots the first chest.

qrXPd-eE6F3gNBrCEYuNPvKRacZRa-rKxV1PrJ8V

Beruka levels on enemy phase thanks to a Selena attack stance crit killing the Spear Master.

mct-8CIn1TYLiRnuLLWf87MbpMQFccy8TRT0gglB

Next turn, Mitama kills the Falcon Knight with a bow, and I setup enough chip that Nina levels on the spy yumi Sniper kill.

ku6Q_F21ZtPREMZFvV_j2ulEydbym3y1EN4xbbH0

Felicia heals Beruka, and Soleil gets in position to draw in two Falcon Knights with a Beruka attack stance, and strength rally. Otherwise there is some minor positioning from everyone else.

gVyddzStc4pl022O8Q_OLFN6So8T_el7VY05tfj4

Beruka finishes one Falcon Knight, and then Felicia heals Soleil for a level, then Soleil kills the other

G2_ZcbSMwgL9yYah9sIxBkdL30De0psB8TZAN9fL

I am stalling taking on the Ninja and Mechanist woods for one more turn with the rest of my troops.

P_3K3en1hnc0wbso1-almQw_Bn2eycUfcs2-8ASC

Lets start with Beruka pairing with Soleil, and Soleil getting a strength rally to draw in a Sword Master. Next Ryuuji activates the dragon vein to let Sakura freeze staff the Mechanist that would otherwise protect the nearest Master Ninja with his bow range.

0-O1c-gJI5BrP8dDD4gTslIeEo6IGENCjtGK2FvN

Next Oboro chips, and Sakura levels on the attack stance hit, and Mitama grabs the kill with an attack stance thanks to the debuffs.

SjtjDBoRymZeoZf-d630ovxMmaa6jSh5UsS5aPUe4Gm4wWO1Z4ABYVqSuS8fGnIQC9e3vJhWUZHCchsG

Felicia manages to finish the Sword Master on player phase, but with a new Master Ninja spawning nearby, and Arete's silence staff disabling Felicia they don't press any further. The rest of the group falls back a little to draw out the Mechanist with Rhajat, as Nina and Oboro reposition to be within range of both sides of the battle, and threaten the spy yumi Sniper.

GH4CyH5PQQ21fMdtLJzDSrodirwD0JlzrKVagOVl

With Felicia silenced the northern group pulls back and seperate, but Beruka stays in range to ensure it gets into range next turn. Nina and Oboro cripple the spy yumi Sniper, while Sakura finishes the Mechanist, and Azama heals up Rhajat enough to draw out the next one.

J6Rvx-Nimm4QsLXxX_O2gRlXF8OD7issZGPZf8B4

A pair of Basara reinforcements arrive from the starting area, so Elise (with an Azama attack stance) moves into magic range of them. Ryuuji finishes the Mechanist, so Rhajat enters the Master Ninja attack range with a defense rally and supportive boost to mitigate her debuffs. Beruka can still take a Ninja hit so she goes for a hit and kills with a Luna proc, so she gets healed, while Selena and  Soleil move further. Oboro finishes the spy yumi, and Nina grabs the loot.

o8JjmnQU7ZwQaIYl8JooBKRX9Bz-yyx03TvfhNuU

Azama finishes the Basara, and Elise enters magic range of the next. The last Ninja proves dodgy as it takes attacks from Ryuuji, Silas, and Mitama to take it down, as Rhajat pulls back a space to let Sakura heal her and be in attack stance position. Nina grabs the last of the loot. Finally Felicia pairs with Beruka to reach a space to tome breaker the Oni Chieftain south of the boss.

M-Oeb8qPql9VY4dk9ScSokkGtockl7BohsadJlCN

Another Ninja spawns in the Ninja woods, and I just pull back for now. Elise, and Azama finish the Basara. Selena then kills one Oni Chieftain with a dual club, Soleil kills the one that attack stance with the first. Next Oboro crippled Arete with a dual yumi, so Felicia can switch to Beruka for the comfortable kill for a level.

44HmpTXphsmLR9h2GKFoGsht9U6E7Nm3rtBKaWv-XKOnEvmaFRWA6i9jWHFlhdQCcdwiQjpRdIaljn-s

GAEjEYjjywnt6PLqRCx8q7bB4nMxjxrMOLqkTxiy

I could end it this turn, but I am close enough to routing it that I spend what ends up being technically 3 turns on it. Oboro kills the Falcon Knight that added an attack stance to the Oni attack. Beruka switches to Felicia to let her punish the Oni that hurt her with magic, and a dual club with some attack stance accuracy to kill it. In the center Sakura kills the spawned Ninja, Mitama pairs with Nina to get a ranged attack on the remaining Onmyoji, Azama pairs with Elise to get separated into range of an Azura dance after she pairs with Ryuuji to reach him, to get the kill on the Onmyoji.

v8FcUIZWPyrXOz-4dDO-3ZmxecciKXwRYx8C0IKu

A Master Ninja spawns in the  fort to the west, which costs me another turn, as Nina starts by Lunging the Ninja off the fort, and after a dance Sakura reaches a space to give Elise an attack stance to finish it (as her health with debuff is a little too low to risk an attack herself). Azama chips the last faceless from range, but it isn't quite enough to let Silas finish it, which leave the last enemy dying enemy phase for the easy sieze at the start of next turn.

GSVpU998tOhokISI85IV-YtSdyU60_TbB7PiduSR--8-n8VJkdKDOetjS8WglUsOZc9xMi8aE_qI2a0h

IbqUg-_0Fd5G8zi7dTTXVKSZhcMQ1WudFP3BqQpb

Seeing as next chapter is called Arete Undone, she will not be recurring as much as she implies.

robRUKZnPpECdruenM-pCHdHque6d7HdJ41FrFvz

Huh, maybe she did end up dying to the "curse" then, while she was already on her death bed.

Next up is Arete's double death.

Part 26 Double Agents and Double Death chapter 23

_70P6psgooTqR1liUi3kVhE8lE3u8eVWEk-aJCGU

Poor Ryouma. Her killer is still unknown, and this lack of resolution is eating him, but he has a solid theory

z8E_u4oSI24WKcmzWfU8C_KzAMFFhPGad9JR6SOz

One of us is a traitor, and I wonder who it could-

H2W3ACQE7qUjG4VhaLxAyJ_LYuQtICdNJguGlqNi

Oh how nice of Gunter to weigh in on this subject, adding his suspicion only after someone else brought it up.

pJ7KCKqzkh50kfaeg2tSsToVxf8QVcbhqDb-9ZED

Boy it sure would...

nDnbD1-ILtxBoYlKLADUy2IfngHgbj1AV9a8xryL

...I guess Ryouma jinxed it by talking about her as

jKT3SMaZU9LCLLccjC3bGGKeEgk3VikUHo5btWk-

has been revived to toy with our emotions. I'm kinda glad Ryouma wasn't part of the PMU as I would feel compelled to see whatever boss conversation they have.

This is another chapter that is made easy with so many fliers, so no food again, but I did have a reset when a miss in the high 90s let a Mechanist live long enough to use its bow enemy phase. The gimmick of this one is that non flyers have to crowd onto these tiny 4 space platforms to move between multiple parts of the map. I end up trying to minimize ground units, so Sakura, Felicia, Beruka, and Azura are left behind. This leaves only 5 units that have to take the moving platform (Ophelia's warp lets her skip it).

9y_PAW30O-gBtBDThs7SjM76w-HmNwW2_8tcST2Z

So I start by having Oboro hitting the Spear Master with a swordcatcher drop with an arrow, then Elise attacks the Sniper in melee with some lightning (and the savage blow drops the Spear Master into death range), and Oboro levels off the attack stance hit.

eCVBIrXM3QsDmaEV9wxRFFE7uNv6eayu9FOjOzgx

Then Azama moves in to give an attack stance to Mitama, who paired with Silas to reach an attacking space to switches back to Mitama and transfers him over to Azama to kill that Spear Master with an attack stance, netting both Mitama and Azama a level.

1n00obZC6ij7_EyWtPHbwg_rUcZao5sFzJ6A1DoGVzFGhGGKZTLSnIhT0jqJR1cCAUQ6qZP56g5vd7MZ

Ophelia warps over to one round the other nearby Spear Master with a calamity gate, and give Nina the attack stance hit boost to make the Sniper kill reliable. The ground bound folk gather on the moving platform.

KgJeKcV9KTRbiju-KDpbHjkQH0bjske25z6W9DlJ

The platforms behave very weirdly when flying units are occupying spaces, for example here two of the infantry units were forced onto the next island.

yjEsw_t3wjisj16sUy_MqjbXnVBQ-UMyGbdT1eyg

Well Selena attacks the nearest Basara, but misses the crit, so Ophelia finishes it, and Azama heals her. Then Elise hits it with a doubling horse spirit, and she lands a 3% crit after a far more likely Selena crit for the kill and a great level.

ZiQ26Jd_LgAj-PZ_iMLf9mCZkLDTR_XmmJgv8MQH

I then use that extra movement the platform pushing gave the Caeldori Rhajat pairup, plus some Kinshi pairup and separate strats to get my four remaining infantry onto another platform. I also intentionally place Nina into the platform's final location but

mAgPwHtQyqPww6bk3njfhWCppvBnwYXt-Tw3241dfV0TPHGMwTBdKu69C6vC5N-3x1RBMcNBeEU57Ywh

She ends up being pushed out of the way instead. If anyone knows how these platforms actually work please share, I am kinda curious now.

The enemy Kinshi that rode a platform with Scarlet doesn't have a bow equiped so it gets Obowroed. Next Nina range chips Scarlet, and after the savage blow she has 1 hp for Silas to finish her.

8GHrfDgO0R4bwsiPnzwAeCLinZ9FoiFhTZfX4E_r

Selena separates the Azama that got transferred to Nina first. Next Ryuuji hits the one Spear Master with a dragonstone+, and Rhajat finishes it with lightning for more effective accuracy. Then Ophelia warps in to kill another with the calamity gate. Next Elise pairs with Mitama to get her the extra move to chip that furthest one with a shinning bow for Caeldori to finish it (although she gets hit back by its <30 accuracy attack). Finally Soleil separates Elise away from Mitama and onto a platform.

sWLpto8uHreWAx5WWavIQhiIW94UGFT0SEOZCehz

Nina pairs with Oboro and transfers to Rhajat to reach that first chest. Caeldori catches a ride with Mitama to the central island for an Azama heal; as Ryuuji pairs with Ophelia to warp back to the central island, and add an attack stance to Selena as she draws in a Spear Master. Elise adds her skill and Silas adds a defense rally to reduce the amount of damage she could possibly take.

DakZzPW_ETK5LzT04Mz4yqfhDiiOvqBzRmf1Rpjb

Selena gets a terrible level enemy phase killing the Spear Master.

FZYmkWEz2XXyI517ZOHI-KYHtNL5JLwYzrG8mrgw

Caeldori (with Selena attack stance), Soleil, and Silas brute force their way through the Oni Chieftain's defense for a Silas level on the kill.

x0iOOt4lr0mtbmEfyhM_Y0nTicWogWzDWGzGjZF4

Rhajat gets transferred to Oboro to get her back to the central island. Selena takes advantage of her speed being higher than the Ninja Masters, letting her counter it enemy phase with a handaxe without being doubled. Azama heals her, while Ryuuji and Elise use their personal skills to let her embarrass the poor Ninja.

TrqRsOG4jGXVkwG73J1a9jD6qlKxYXcBX506MqDP

Soleil puts the poor Master Ninja out of its misery for an excellent level.

EWC1s8glULehl874YLfYQXqr-zoCA0lcsi2PDd28

Elise continues the attack stance chain by chipping the Mechanist from range for Caeldori to finish it. Selena chips the Basara, and Ryuuji manages to get the kill after trade switching Selena back to the killer axe. This frees up Azama to heal Elise, Silas and Ophelia to position themselves on the other side of the island, and Mitama to add a pairup to Oboro as she convinces an Onmyoji and Sword Master to take a ride on the platform trying to hurt her.

t9QKG-SNxPlRu7YrWDpdBhJSemfVKL2i3eQzs7Il

I should have dealt with the Falcon Knight first as its range covers where those two ended up. Caeldori starts by catching a ride with Elise to kill the Onmyoji for a level.

i__PN9cXP7taFI9csPbfmFdPJJO7sR1zVyT5BGBu

Then Selena moves in with a dual club to give some attack stances as first Ophelia chips the Sword Master with magic, Silas shelters her to get separated away by Azama for the kill with Rhajat. Everyone else move towards that platform, with half of my flyers waiting just beyond enemy ranges where it will arrive.

itgm56yBLPCwxPXiQShT2troM60n9a2AmiLFukhduwQRVR27Eo63G5CY9d1YVKlrSVHKMIh0jPnB-z-6

I hope this platform displacement isn't random, but it seems kinda random so far.

So Silas finishes the Falcon Knight, with Rhajat tagging along. Then Azama uses that space to give everyone there his double rally. Next Oboro, and Nina chip the Sword Master with a dual katana, and Caeldori grabs the kill. Nina suffers through a terrible level thanks to the chip.

YrPdX_vkk7p-T-XLkyz9IUYpwzSh2Bg6l9Y9baHE

Then Ophelia warps to lightning the Sword Master at the bottom, and Mitama drops uncomfortably low on health killing it with a lance due to vantage (and trade equips Ophelia's horse spirit for a bit more bulk on enemy phase).

Wq1_9-ebgs1E06vu9xO7gjGwDfmOnBC5ohVa5IDt

The Spear Master misses Caeldori enemy phase, and Silas flies close enough to let Rhajat finish. Oboro and Mitama use her lightning attack stance to kill the Sword Master that couldn't reach, and Rhajat levels on an attack stance hit.

lezA4sxOJyLsSaLw00u5fytkC3_7cXiA2CEStcG_

Then Caeldori drops Elise close enough to let Ophelia warp kill the Sniper with lightning for a level.

31aQjU81pgIiRGa992HebQKGtnEs2AF0RP1rkTJ4

Nina grabs the first chest on that island. Azama heals Mitama a bit and enters the healing formation for her personal skill; as the infantry on the central island start heading towards the last platform there.

NsjtsFIJwAl_ZWnjUs4Dojfv6KVD7K2Hoc6zRDMr

I have a turn that is mostly repositioning, but of note is some of the infantry are healing from the convoy, and Nina grabs the last chest.

CaDn-bGbgxFY_iIERiplN5r2wUkMd0G0nx63FkeV

Next turn has a little complication when a Master Ninja spawned on the fort between the chests, so Oboro heads back to chip and debuff it to let Nina kill with her attack stance. Most of the reinforcements on this chapter spawn on forts far enough away that I didn't bother with them.

m97cjzmUFQL9xRiVRwXQKGpBrXfzcn2iIpSPLXQ1

One more turn of positioning before the action really starts, as I get my fliers in position, and wait for the platform to be where I want.

OXQB3wggcihWpY58uBAgUZXj5-OgbrAs3wWbI4OA

So Elise convinces an Onmyoji and Master of Arms to take a ride on the platform, and convinces a Mechanist into moving into a vulnerable position

pFioCRtvX2RJFSxY_sozCtyGdrSDuURDW10ly8vx

Ryuuji finishes the Onmyoji, Caeldori chips the Master of Arms for Soleil to finish it, all while getting on the platform (with Selena as well). Elise kills the Mechanist while it still has a shuriken equipped (she missed a hit here on my one reset, this time I waited a little longer for more fliers to be in position to fix a miss that did not occur). Oboro and Nina manage to finish one Master of Arms safely from range, and Silas adds some free chip on the remaining one as well.

zCPynqYw6GhjdzuE03LQ66A43BBuR5RYz_MT4RAP

Ryuuji setups the attack stance to let Selena and Nina take the last Master of Arms down. Elise takes advantage of a full guard gauge to get some chip on a Sniper, but the Great Master heals most of it off.

TArssqFmKAJdd2y6pGPDqohbIdjblIh_UMkSu7FF

The brave tome Onmyoji is threatening enough that I don't push in far enough to reach the Great Master, and feel especially limited in space. I let Selena wipe out the Sniper, and she gets trade equipped to the dual club for attack stance accuracy. Oboro chips one Sword Master with a dual yumi, but the attack stance misses so he it isn't in vantage range, so Ophelia goes for the melee lightning kill despite some danger and gets the kill. With a pairup to prevent attack stances I use my Maligknights high resistance to chip the other Sword Master from only Snake Spirit range, and Caeldori goes for the kill, but things get a bit complcated as it hits the low 20s hit chance with vantage making things a bit of a nail bitter. Azama manages ti heal her up enough that Silas can rally her into a safe range, while Soleil blocks anyone from reaching Ophelia, but has to take an Enfeeble.

G-SdbnXC635k-h0x4QsGdrGp_it0OaWLNZukinY2

Oboro kills the Snake Spirit Onmyoji to relieve a lot of the pressure. Ophelia uses the lightning to kill the Great Master that attacked Soleil, (she moves back a litlle and gets healed by Azama) while Caeldori switches to Rhajat for some good old fashion horse spirit tanking to draw in the Master of Arms around Arete.The Maligknights move on to chipping another Sword Master, for a level on Elise, as Selena pairs with Silas to deal with a Master Ninja reinforcement before it becomes a problem using her handaxe and sufficient speed to avoid being doubled.

La286_V3QRGmHi5U_A-DHtQirVztdO0iToKhwf-rdO8zCNC2UMasT4YYTnNEpQpumbSR-C3brncqC2_T

The remaining Onmyoji heals the Sword Master, and the Master Ninja decides to use its far less dangerous sword. A Dual club and Azama hit takes care of the Ninja. One Master of Arms dies to Ophelia, and after gets taken down by Caeldori after a ranged Soleil chip. Oboro hits the healed Sword Master thanks to its dual katana, for Elise to switch to Mitama to finish it, as Nina carts Ryuuji into position to take the Onmyoji down with the Yato for a level.

uOZGO9osytCUxGwc0pG6QgxlhNpAP3XRbASV7_s2CvqJUuyWAgiRlayROPiL02N6j9iMr2A5l7XslLn8

I let Oboro chip the boss for a level, and I try to do the same with Mitama, but

9X2OCGS3ciunsSfsMq13Pife_Bgf7dAnTrBjD-PHC6MK_JCE7MTTFqUR0s4W8-qegJmq5c8qp_XLpLgb

she manages to miss one and crit the other for the kill and level. I decide to move on, so Ophelia warps to sieze.

tSSEhZekVY3iDpAPshTC76gbDAesWX84QOr-h3q2m0Mk5ELbU2ttLm89UBp-tPmxNEQFBxvLayk4oVs-

E2NEI1k11K73fhUNdwTi-Er6M2oBEcFh4sQ870KV

Arete in the final moments before her double death seems to regain her memories

HXAtsd9MpVBf7qk0deRk2EFe-z5as--nhadNSjdC

I'm with Ryoma on this one. This seems like a trap and I wouldn't have risked it, but Azura follows her heart here, and is rewarded with an extra farewell.

rtBk3w3ATbxUAd4nzOSmdBr_ndwRxBtnfVYiyLC_ddmMMSX6qltmkQgWhAJpKobTugNuxP-oULiVrGNQ

And Arete is proud of her daughter's craftiness.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:19 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

6nq7B7gRlvHv3bw7w8rZZVHsUOo0aOoVnAGH0K1e

Doesn't he know that this is what happened to his slime father.

Or doesn't want to think he's dead.

Justlikeinconquestseeitallfitstogether

On 6/8/2019 at 1:31 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

One of us is a traitor, and I wonder who it could-

H2W3ACQE7qUjG4VhaLxAyJ_LYuQtICdNJguGlqNi

Oh how nice of Gunter to weigh in on this subject, adding his suspicion only after someone else brought it up.

Ryuji looks like he's just figured out and is going to destroy Gunter.

...I guess Ryouma jinxed it by talking about her as

jKT3SMaZU9LCLLccjC3bGGKeEgk3VikUHo5btWk-

has been revived to toy with our emotions. I'm kinda glad Ryouma wasn't part of the PMU as I would feel compelled to see whatever boss conversation they have.

For her to be taken out like this sucks.

She also lacks her personal. Strange. Almost like ti's not her just let me dream dammit

itgm56yBLPCwxPXiQShT2troM60n9a2AmiLFukhduwQRVR27Eo63G5CY9d1YVKlrSVHKMIh0jPnB-z-6

I hope this platform displacement isn't random, but it seems kinda random so far.

There are patterns, but they really feels slow af.

HXAtsd9MpVBf7qk0deRk2EFe-z5as--nhadNSjdC

I'm with Ryoma on this one. This seems like a trap and I wouldn't have risked it, but Azura follows her heart here, and is rewarded with an extra farewell.

What's she going to do, use her tome to explode the area around her? Only swords can do that, just relax Ryoma.

rtBk3w3ATbxUAd4nzOSmdBr_ndwRxBtnfVYiyLC_ddmMMSX6qltmkQgWhAJpKobTugNuxP-oULiVrGNQ

And Arete is proud of her daughter's craftiness.

So was Arete telling her those stories to prep for all this planning after all?

Also you face her for three chapters of the last ten or so, I actually think that was a poor call (but then again I think Valla as a whole was a bad call)

On 6/9/2019 at 5:47 AM, Dayni said:

Or doesn't want to think he's dead. 

That is so clearly in Xanders character that you must be right.

She also lacks her personal. Strange. Almost like ti's not her just let me dream dammit

I can't believe I missed that, and it does add a fair bit of credence to your theory there.

Also you face her for three chapters of the last ten or so, I actually think that was a poor call (but then again I think Valla as a whole was a bad call)

They needed to find a way of changing her fight in some noticeable way (perhaps by adding some skills, or a reclass, or have her use a dragon vein, etc.) to keep it from getting as stale as it was.

NCB45CKsj-57I-ujgreiB52lbtJxYs336rma7bzG

My instinct is to shout show don't tell, but to be fair setting up an ominous atmosphere takes time they didn't have, and a level of competency these writers only sometimes display. They do try to reinforce this sense by turning out the lights before

w_953GoEFmMnsPkkso2qxqU6fkhhpyV7VBl3fYsf

Mikoto arrives.

t2B4356kinR0N4O0Gbm5AmGdwIsPOeMjXl-8YRGO

...Ryuuji, you know what is going on, you were fighting Azura's revived mother just last chapter

8C_p4ptQ_Ic4okdnoBIV9lju1YB9RfyHPd8oa1hq

And trying to learn from his former naivete he cuts her down

tipFAdY4OXGAoOdiJ1qRq9BNQJsLRwXX6iQwrGTP

...almost. To answer Ryuuj's obvious question, with his own statements
zGBrJK82X2CPdp_axPIGcK-cvLctCkNObqauG7Fr

Mikoto shows a bit of craftiness by giving Ryuuji valid advice to establish some trust between them.

Foa236MBrHonBjV8CeB1wd-2HWPU4EBz3CtZa-Tt9eXX_pDeW6n4HpzD9762L_2xgFRYfMOLCfSi8N8i

Interesting that her sprite disappears with time so Ryuuji is staring into the empty space she no longer occupies in these images.

Ci-FuIVu0pB-G3hu4gHFJVfVePkfmK80DBj1t2tN

Its almost like he's seen a ghost. (sorry that was corny)

r9OcVz0qCjBXMHtLNW8IMI5Cmtzhc3UOaxPiCyPM

I give the stealth route one solid try, and I take about 40 turns grabbing the chests and getting through all the doors with Nina, but its clear when I open up the boss room that even if I warp a pair in, someone too physically squishy to survive a round will be vulnerable when she opens the last door. This means I need to stealth an entire strike force instead of just Nina if I want the stealth finish, and that is more tedium than I want to suffer through (and it would be fairly boring to describe anyway). I take another reset before I give the team a speed meal

uFXmBKmvPznMcich3wc7puL5frXrbRU3Sj2Uqf9Y

with a mostly useless resistance flair

kMRMNCsCGQaJQ7A4yDX8N6r7x-OXYhfhQm3kkyqJ

and clear on the next try. As for the team, I let Elise, Mitama, and Oboro take a breather, as they are a level above the average (and flight isn't massively useful on this map like the last two). Azura also stays out of this one.

Rbc9nG5F0yr8ywSEqK8D9G_SX5BjJkfTU3veAKSl

So first turn Azama sets off the alarm, with Rhajat, Sakura, Felicia, Nina, Beruka, and Ophelia staying behind to deal with the reinforcements that spawn behind the starting area.

RanioxXDRDtKhtxeroQJfZpG_auK99VuG9cOERva

So Nina hits the Great Master that spawned with a handaxe, with Sakura attack stance, which spreads savage blow chip to all three. Then Felicia finished it. Rhajat chips the Sword Master with Felicia attack stance, to let Sakura kill it for a level. Finally Ophelia finishes the Onmyoji with Sakura attack stance to get her a level too.

VgNVfFX7rdt0xsCU6xvizR6EUUmlopxbkrb7DztfFqFjM5zUdqNULKuU3h0IX_gVq2UgM4KpVUngbg2z

Next Selena range chips the Kinshi that spawned in the center, and Soleil kills it. Azama then uses speed rally so that Soleil is also fast enough to not be doubled by the Ninja with a handaxe.

0hzW3DE0E4R3ie1wl73-Rza2PbM_W52As3XPzQNg

Which convinces it to switch to swords. A Merchent and Kinshi from the east are clogging up that norther corridor with their lances so Selena range chips the Kinshi for a level.

cekXc1KKLpP8hTbplnMJLy8ABMnIHzA1iQolFk54

This lets Ophelia warp in to kill the Merchant behind the Kinshi, and Beruka shelters her out of the way to safely. Next Azama range chips the Sword Ninja and lets Soleil kill it with her own sword. Ryuuji uses the drgonstone+ with a Selena attack stance to finish the Kinshi. Silas adds a defense rally to those having to take an arrow, and Caeldori seperates Ophelia out of the shelter. Just a Sword Master and Great Master spawned in the starting area, and the same process as above I defeat them for a Felicia level.

4MhkW3qRve_5iZDIhFJAIHqOxOgCEhW9H5LCDM9UvDZ7s0N6pe-22i0SkNQ1TccVNGvXvEnT-LS5oKXX

Beruka finishes the Kinshi that chipped her, Ryuuji chips the Merchant that fired an arrow at him for Silas to finish (even with WTD he has over 100 hit, with his 3 highest supports surrounding him). Soleil blocks the path the last Kinshi that has failed to move would use to attack anyone else, as Azama heals.

X45Z_KZcxrug8Y6EVOotS9-vLFN5v3F1VU_UCvXW

Soleil levels on the enemy phase chip, for Caeldori to finish it, and we breakout of the first room.

mP_GIeqInFTlI_XzmpUicvZN3IVf7tYCsXHzQk3hk8479apdxbgT6XcwQ4TVK8gjYprNeV3uqvouoIaI

I probably should have waited a turn at the door, as the two Mechanist and two Basara that spawn to the east would have been far easier to deal with if more of my troops were through the door, but I manage. The paroling troop ends up pushing two of the spawns down a space. I start by having Ryuuji miss the nearest Mechanist with the dragonstone+, which sets up my early attack stances.  Next Selena adds a strength rally to Silas and Soleil. Next off Silas lunges the other Mechanist closer in with a javelin, and Azama finishes it with the bolt naginata to double (both with Ryuuji attack stances) for a level.

qcXkBOWQmt5yZYw8_hEDl2riCRiFQmSOrbiJ92DW

Then Ophelia warps in to kill the other debuffed Mechanist. Then Sakura pairs with Beruka and transfers her over to Ophelia to get an attack stance against the nearest Basara, which Ophelia crits to kill. Then Soleil chips that last, and Felicia catches a ride with Nina, transfers her to Soleil to get the attack stance, and only just barely finish the last one. The guard is alive, but is so pathetically weak at this point that I ignore it.

716KHTpHZscXg5CzjtsdEU9cKjEO4nTUCwCUFgnV

Next turn I delay more than I should, thinking the next round of reinforcements are timing or kill based instead of area based, and the following turn the reinforcements from the other side are almost upon us. To be fair the one combat reset I had was in this section, so the caution was perhaps warranted.

zGtWR8wWchvpR-ZkyKvF6jKF7xDrdSHttVN1TV00gd8xajC6HrmxdMNuV8V2ycQ9fWlGFY64NdwjyJ2w

The enemy's crit isn't enough to crack Selena, and Beruka picks up the easy Ninja kill on player phase. Felicia and Caeldori manage to grab a range kill on one Sword Master using attack stances of opportunity. Sakura, and Nina try to finish the other from range, but Ryuuji has to finish the job. Silas and Azama chip the last Ninja, and Rhajat pairs with Selena to reach, and transfers Selana to Azama, and trade his weapon to get an accurate enough attack stance to nab the kill.

tnp_Dq6AXeXeDq1sLL9NbM9O4q6OyMzmepIiH-3w

Sakura manages to level by healing as Nina charges forward to get close to the chest, and trigger the other reinforcements.

kaoz7g1KAjB8NEHQilsbjGXoSOdcOwFM8bfBChtg839vfoWgbcFunaY77VLIAxUVxIgRpRkyPheq05Ua

Two more Mechanists and a Basara  spawn to the east, and 2 Sword Masters and a Master Ninja in the West. I start by having Ophelia try to wipe out a Basara, but without supportive and dragon hex support she is just short after both her and Selena miss their crits. Next Silas breaks up any possible enemy attack stances with a lunge for a level.

XM_GgsTzBeNBA7vx2WTIBaerqOfN2bGMONADPwtJin8oE3BKKUcmUxA__Bv_IX5e4Q5YfqCS6E_4r-Dj

Then Sakura heals Selena, and gives Rhajat the room to level killing the Basara

6rtCQeaqDkCIq0JPDQJvmYc1WuIqLMfCjDxOCLDN

Next Ryuuji finishes the lunged Mechanist with a sword for a level

2fKdz4RB_Kxfe1MUoYGDRnP-p9JTIpLoWa2vETgk

Then Beruka chips the last Mechanits from range, Sakura range heals her and positions herself to give Caeldori an attack stance, for her to kill it for the fourth level this turn.

9FMumkNVleM8ANI7gAs1pzxg9-zQqXaLJKHcQftG

Azama heals from the convoy and I move Nina back a bit before the last enemies approach.

x-0pD1Y4nC2hMjlX8OCPh8NtIZ6FUafreYp5VwEb

Next turn I get close enough to convince those reinforcements to start moving (or at least some of them as their AI is very lazy) , with Selena using her speed to safely draw in the Master Ninja with a handaxe.

n2o-u19TMqfbIrAtSIgu4t324IVi4i_zIWWgkIzU

Another Ninja crit on Selena, so she backs off a little to let Beruka with a Nina attack stance finishing the Master Ninja for a level on both.

gQjBLycsdvRRPrinFOv_M6wZEoosE4GDUzL1fTsbBoPeNz3AXdcywCKwJlTsCGSbzu0c9WauqjZA_LWz

Felicia chips the Sword Master for Caeldori to finish him (although she takes a vantage hit despite her avoid... not my luckiest chapter so far). Nina grabs the chest, and Silas draws in the Sword Master that decided to sit on his duff with a swordcatcher.

DZBO9Qy9zGOYloBuSvKoQi-EuWEkPHMmwfAeqg8X

I start by opening the door by having Beruka pair with Azama, moving their max distance, separating a space closer to the door, to let Nina pair with Ophelia to warp and swap to Nina, finally opening it.

K2Inca9EfT031PJxM45H6J_15ASSiOL9abZEq_nD

Mommy dearest has some new advice that Ryuuji is just naive enough to fall for.

I let Felicia finish the crippled Sword Master for a level as everyone else heads towards the door.

lIabkhC-JgEsefS40Ssxfe2EBCh2qE81PUtaqUsW5ZDTO_3dnbpaEMZtmMRRSiVQoo0A7qkkgHQtijdX

The two Master of Arms and two Great Masters that spawn next to the doors are a bit too far away to wipe out this turn so I pull back just a little, and let a healed Selena draw in the first hit.

CREdy7gNKYNZT2NjflDfrGQoKXkqDWvtozEqIJcV

With one dead to Selena crits on enemy phase the rest get steam rolled by my waiting army, as the two Mechanists and two Merchants are just coming into view.

QnQ8780EwBsKuRdHlXhYeBEXw8Y0loHrsT2EyVzM

I let Rhajat draw the first blow this time.

KFQgsQRh4uYNvEQ-CU0N_cLc3s0DjUx8F9S2IWcV

And steam roll this group comfortably as well, with the spare action to send Nina forward to activate the last of the reinforcement for this room. I grab the image for the start of next turn instead of the end of this one, it better shows off the new reinforcements (Ok my phone was getting bombarded by group texts which threw off my standard pattern for taking images for a couple of turns here, but it does kinda work better when reinforcements show up)

T6XJCuks1XBLPkzHVSIEh9_EtaBEiWYJo8Bov-su

I head west to wipe out the nearer group of reinforcements. Nina charges back to pair with Ryuuji to give him the extra move to chip the Great Master, Sakura heals him, Rhajat finishes it with a Ryuuji attack stance, and Selena transfers and separates Nina away. Felicia chips one Master of Arms with Ryuuji attack stance for Soleil to finish it. Caeldori then adds a ranged chip to the other, with Azama trying to finish it with her attack stance, but they are just short of killing it so Silas gets to finish it instead.

BPlY9iGo8T98wp5_2b8JLmgdULvA3dQda9WG6_eb

Somehow the other reinforcements actually bother to move, and they have already split their forces a bit, so Selena draws in the Mechanist to the south while Soleil draws in the Merchants to the north with Nina grabbing the first chest in this room.

DUGlhq5fbGEVoBcBOMrPEhwFcBvCC1bIquD80jdz

They are no problem to deal with but I end up missing the image for this turn. Sorry.

With the enemies in this room done it is time to do something foolish. I am kinda curious about the trap room, as you only see its contents if you fall for the trap, and there is clearly a safe way of setting it off as you will see. This takes a few turns of positioning without any action, as I have everyone except Nina and Beruka enter the previous room (the trap only damages people in the room with the door) and Nina needs to loot the last chest anyway, so I will skip strait to the door opening

FIbVszo2pbYfaIcNLkcwhT6Af6nvakbxvrKdpVPQ

Its a trap!

TWU5kWiRLBENTYDZeYgS6qOT6FSbUvgurDX63zDr

This does feel somewhat narratively fitting to do, as Ryuuji is trusting enough to follow Mikoto's instructions, but has the caution to not put all his eggs in one basket (its similar to how he dealt with Anthony in a way). Everyone else is safe in the other room and doesn't take damage, as Beruka shelters Nina to put them both into Rescue range of the previous chest room

O2reSBfLu8LH4v3yHyN0sPzImzNtW6KaCdfxRqA0Tak4MOdUZPxReAFuJRo7rasJZkGH0zrt5YL7sG7V

So a Master Ninja and Basara spawn in the trap room the turn it opens, and are appearantly the only thing that moves, although it takes about 2 turns for use to reach threatening ranges of each other.

Rm8ASuWkqzW5p0ESBEYf70wRHBSbqpQtQM3zSKWpALzhhXPfj0B6juZUegTOT6HalvJuop1iYPzx9g14

Selena levels on the enemy phase chip.

eA9Ebd0OIamYocuIo-wFZcLZEJMaxvlbGR84_020

And Rhajat levels finishing it

xCtiAmrSbetGO5W49KM1y8_ItNBEs6E-rH5fDxTN

and after Soleil range chips the Basara, Ophelia kills it for a level

Jq-jruddCyZlDrn_DC05q1nVtK3d0eIYGvVEiLqW

and my two shelterers get them out of range of the enemies in the trap room, and a bit of repositioning occurs

W_uyNocXC5wLzWiSZ1fAIKwvw4eC99hDiGPZoIrw

The AI of the enemies in the trap room is on the level of a goldfish, as they just let us pick them off from the other sides of the wall without reacting, as long as I shelter (and separate) people out of their range afterwards.

omrz1bRe-RMxxeuXcqm4CH0tuMLnFXC0Cmtfu4vh

Even leaving one damaged doesn't get them to move.

RZ3p0T92lCzZH9Bq1q6FX4v2qQ69TOflQcgUPZkX

And having a unit in range only gets the bare minimum two to move, one to attack the other to pointlessly try to attack stance.

VNepoY7SIfFnlFaTIYDjG46PXcWRpPKW7XA5KHO_

I probably could have done that faster, but when the fish are already in a barrel, why toss them back in the sea before shooting.

4V85yebovLs6ZLXJ2GjdNGkRgQxpPtWfwUytJ1cA

I get a bit fancy with my lunges while finishing the last of them off, getting Sakura a level by killing an Oni that got lunged through a wall (another start of turn instead of end of turn one here as well)

ofHW_a4wNVIdWTLcTZ7Mzq3HjCqjRJExPNJ3wDuBzz4EGI1bPFmMoUe1iptJH2Z5UC8inarocO_VLUld

tCvADSFESSomeFexvQh9pVLHIohruutdAunXqVkgZA0xmLaqb0Cz01gKrpVAVkd58Oy6sDiS7ntnflvR

I have another turn positioning and healing to finish this the turn that last door opens.

qTG2yujKjKNKJxI_LugTBj78JGwITbWSbLWX02c-

With Nina opening the door, Rhajat chips the Oni so Soeil can grab both his silver club and a level.

nYdkgq1CfWcujR7vMwD9NeN421gOxR1OtkwqkTrE

Then Beruka range lunges Mikoto closer, and gets the spy shuriken into Ophelia's warp range

V20QKMW9n41BTuNc75w05Ev9aRW4osbJLnIqEmXx

Unfortunately a bit of number crunching with the spy shuriken Ninja shows that despite doubling with darting blow Caeldori will be 2 damage short of the kill even if I transfer to get the Beruka attack stance, so I have to try for an Ophelia crit instead and merely hit. Not that big of loss seeing as no member of the PMU is capable of getting the weapon ranks needed to wield it. Next I have Silas lunge Mikoto even closer, so Ryuuji can dramatically get the boss quote and kill.

pwxV0jxOIsmkXdVRLFMfAOY1p72BM9u7OLD6ugvt

I pickup all the chip and healing xp I can before finishing and

_9LuiBN-leBtjmaMQC2UZTzIbBIpymeJi455vVOw

Felicia manages to disappoint me with a blank level.

Finally Ryuuji manages to kill the corpse of his mother.

RlE80VfpR82eSs7LPss8Vevv0jVKmUixbw6jaEgtr9IROn0nS5BnNu7ThOKoucciN069xog175XF4HKD

3CgIT7pSEF2Vdo0LUfakgUbr-vuTrRGs8uXHhm6o

The tragedy of time; once lost or spent or squandered it cannot be returned.

kFo4nP-R1ch6gl5kyH0XWyWY-vLy_ezxWdduumZu

That went to a very yandere place very quickly.

s-qKfhEYOGGHdX9DWbcMAtflvN9MmoEeb6noscs8

you were never paired-up to begin with.

Ryuuji level on the kill.

8ZV6oZqxE26QpVsQBFbLQweJmEXNs7v42fK0ajUN

--G4mT5G7s723R3wGftBmyNkLEzblWuMLjBDfuT2

Don't worry Mikoto,

ORCzJJD2o2lvgzBs2JdmXj2LhKCrmWoAkuhL5ujo

Ryuuji understands.

NGD0prozq92Nagq7SipnMlEToRPG-qZiG5Gkz39o

Its an interesting coincidence that she singles out Sakura in particular, before

V5_JOyXOJ9UiPSCzJ0gYFXQ5zriAxJ4Wjd1S-TpY

getting to the bench-warmers.

xiMSbCPFgggss3m1Qqg9Bl9N83AzeHYloY7UMifC

This kinda reminds me of that icon Japanese commercial for the Mother 1/Earthbound Zero, except there is no guaranteed masterpiece here.

yAqEfNi4q-auTHjr-k9sSUXohVAy_yDuwRpu6pKG38kflxT_uL3fOWgahDRwFnAHneQiNudXkZDIsIpk

So Arete's dragon blood was from the Vallanite royal line. There is either some implied incest in Arete's past, or far more importance has been placed on the deceased King Consort of Valla, than should have. Also seems Azura may have a rival to the throne, and if some enemy were to find out perhaps they could use this information to drive a wedge into the team/

fErgK4WWhBhsH7eHj5GmCuxsqKlYfTJW6F3BkKer

Interesting indeed my friend.

Next up we have a knife fight in the elevators with Blades Drawn.