Binding Blade Unreleased Chinese Prototype

Around 2006/2007, Nintendo was pushing the iQue Game Boy Advance in China. Originally, they planned to release a Chinese version of Binding Blade but it--along with many other games--never passed review. That version disappeared into obscurity until a few days ago.

chinese-title-screen.pngchinese-screen1.png

Thanks to Hidden Palace, you can now download the lost prototype. As far as I can tell, the game is fully translated. Besides the text, I haven't noticed any changes. There are two extra splash screens at the start though.

The game's Chinese title is also "Emblem War Records" or "Emblem Chronicles/Saga". Right now, the game is simply known as "Fire Emblem" (in English) in Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc.

Wow, that's really cool!

Wonder if those pre dlc maps were a part of the base Chinese version?

Hopefully so we can finally be able to play them without having to find a Japanese cart that has the maps on them.

Edit. Oof, miss read post, maybe they're not in it

Edited by Captain Karnage

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hrm. So it's only in simplified?

Yeah, since that's the primary written language in China. I guess they were only targeting China at the time, not Hong Kong etc.

I'm glad fans in China can enjoy the game in their own language.

Something funny that I just thought of is that given the context that FE is a series about war, traditional Chinese not being available as an option is interesting. 

Regarding the ban on video games, I first heard about it from a classmate of mine a few years ago and thought it was put in place really early on but apparently the ban began in 2000 according to Wikipedia.

Edited by Flying Shogi