A New Mythic Hero Arrives - Yune: Chaos Goddess!

Anacybele

Yune?!

...She doesn't look like what I imagined, but I guess the only picture of her I remember is the kind of spirit like form in the Tower of Guidance.  Well, I want her.  Sadly, I don't really want anyone else on this banner, by the looks of it...

Anyway, yay for Tellius love!

Neat. Finally a banner worth rolling for. Lewyn, H!Mia, Yune, Mystic Boost 3, Brave Lyn merge. Leg!Lucina is also there but not worth going for just her alone. Green and Colorless are definitely what I’m gonna aim for. 

8 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Her weapon’s not dissimilar to Hrid’s, and she had plenty of debuff potential.

Making her Dark? But she’s not a Dark God...

Eh, she’s the Goddess of Chaos and Chaos is best interpreted as dark I think.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

She is Chaos however, which is the closest thing in Tellius. And...

• Izuka, the guy who drugs Laguz feral and chaotic, does use Dark Magic.
  • Apparently, whether it be true or not, according to this page in the Tellius Recollection, Dark Magic does have an association with Yune.
  • Ashera uses a lot of Light to attack as well, yet she is not Light formally (yet it is her Affinity), being the Goddess of Order instead. There were also plans for unused Dark versions of Judge. She has Anima Spirits in her tower, but none Dark (nor Light, but she has all the Light she needs).
  • Lehran uses Light and Dark Magics (and none of Anima, so he isn't just versed in them all). Being the highest servant of the Goddesses, if Light stands for his ties to Ashera, then Dark stands for his ties to Yune.

32 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

She's often referred to as a dark god in Tellius though. And yeah, she's also officially known as the goddess of chaos.

Btw, since I got beaten to the punch this time, mods can feel free to merge this into Coolmanio's thread. xP

Edited by Anacybele

46 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I feel the need to support this statement with a quote from the goddess herself:

Yune:
“Hmmm…”dark god.” “Dark god”… No, I’m pretty sure I’m not one of those. I am neither holy nor base, neither angel nor devil. I am…freedom. Chaos. Transformation. Future. Mystery. I am Yune.”

Not Astra, so I don't need this mythic. Don't really want her in particular either, though she is a flier and the green pool looks great for fodder, so I may try some greens anyway. Blue is amazing so I'll be going for that. I was waiting to pull for a second Eir as well, but the colorless pool is pretty awful so I may just skip that idea.

Kind of underwhelming since it's just a dark mythic and not anyone of big interest, but overall the banner's still pretty solid outside of colorless being polluted by another Lyn rerun.

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I feel the need to support this statement with a quote from the goddess herself:

Yune:
“Hmmm…”dark god.” “Dark god”… No, I’m pretty sure I’m not one of those. I am neither holy nor base, neither angel nor devil. I am…freedom. Chaos. Transformation. Future. Mystery. I am Yune.”

And just to bring in the original Japanese from @Kirokan:

So here is a quick list of names and terms for reference:

Name: Ashera / アスタルテ Astarte
Title: Goddess of Order / 正の女神

Name: Yune  / ユンヌ Yune
Title: Goddess of Chaos / 負の女神

The two things to look at specifically are the characters used for Ashera and Yune’s titles: 正 and 

So 正 can mean many things, all with positive meanings: Just, Correct, Superior, Positive.

In contrast,  has negative meanings: Minus, Bearing (a responsibility), Defeat, Negative.

Note that “order” and “chaos” are not among these definitions however. What the two characters in Japanese displays is a theme of opposites: Ashera the positive, Yune the negative. They were both split from Ashunera, the two sides of her in conflict with one another now split into two separate beings. It’s all a very yin-yang concept that’s hard to express with a single word in English. The Japanese gets away with using a single character as it can vaguely mean any of those definitions without fitting any specific one.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And just to bring in the original Japanese from @Kirokan:

So here is a quick list of names and terms for reference:

Name: Ashera / アスタルテ Astarte
Title: Goddess of Order / 正の女神

Name: Yune  / ユンヌ Yune
Title: Goddess of Chaos / 負の女神

The two things to look at specifically are the characters used for Ashera and Yune’s titles: 正 and 

So 正 can mean many things, all with positive meanings: Just, Correct, Superior, Positive.

In contrast,  has negative meanings: Minus, Bearing (a responsibility), Defeat, Negative.

Note that “order” and “chaos” are not among these definitions however. What the two characters in Japanese displays is a theme of opposites: Ashera the positive, Yune the negative. They were both split from Ashunera, the two sides of her in conflict with one another now split into two separate beings. It’s all a very yin-yang concept that’s hard to express with a single word in English. The Japanese gets away with using a single character as it can vaguely mean any of those definitions without fitting any specific one.

Maybe that is the reason they decided to use "Order" and "Chaos"; Order and Chaos have some proper definitions, but their use doesn't directy imply an absolute truth, and instead, it's just part of the nature of life; both of them are opposites that must exist, and exists because the other exists too.

In any case, being the "Goddess of Negative Qualities" would explain why it was so easy to give her the "Dark God" title.

Edited by Troykv

Yune is a pleasant surprise. I'll definitely try to free summon her.

Can I just say I love the attention that Tellius is getting this year after being almost completely shafted last year? A Laguz banner with fan favorites such as Tibarn, a Seasonal that added Greil, and now Yune as a Mythic Hero. If we can get characters like say Jill, Haar, Ranulf, Ashnard, and Ashera, we should be in for a very good year for Tellius :)

Although I will say I'm too big on Yune's English voice. Her voice sounds WAY too deep for such a child-like character. Even her RD voice was better tbh.