Games you want, but you know they will never become real

MisterIceTeaPeach

Mother 4. I mean, even the author said many times that he doesn't want to do it. The fangame with the same name, which has been in development hell for a decade, doesn't count.

Megaman ZX 3 or whatever title they might want to give it.

A new Golden Axe title, even if it is a remake.

A Sonic Mania 2.

Another Digimon Card Battle game, preferably with a better AI.

A new Lufia game.

A Fire Emblem 4 remake.

Another Harvest Moon game like Friends of Mineral Town. The series is still alive, but the games have become very different from what I was used to. Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia are the closest example of a Harvest Moon I expect.

I'd also love if somehow exclusive Nintendo games like Fire Emblem could come to PC. Obviously, that won't happen.

A full Xenogears remake. Infamously unfinished game, yet is still one of my all time favorites. I love the world, music, characters, even most of the combat, but goddammit we only got like 2/3 of what was intended.

A proper Final Fantasy Tactics sequel. Ivalice is far and away Square's most interesting world, and ever since Tactics, they've only expanded on it with prequels, side stories and spin-offs that take place in a parallel, fictional Ivalice. I have to play FFXIV of all games to get an idea of what might have happened after FFT, and even that's not really canon. Alternatively, at least a new Ivalice action RPG set in Valendia following possibly another Riskbreaker. PLEASE SQUARE LET THE IVALICE TEAM DO ANYTHING BESIDES HELP ON OTHER PROJECTS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I'M DESPERATE

A new Burnout/Road Rash. Few genres get my blood pumping like the "combat racing" genre. Unfortunately EA holds the rights to both of these franchises and shows no interest in making anything new.

And an MMO with good combat that doesn't try to nickel and dime you at every opportunity. Cooldown combat sucks. I get that it exists as a way to manage and balance abilities more easily, but come on. Give me full control over my character and what they can do. Even at its, best cooldown combat is barely tolerable. And MMOs that don't rely on it have their fingers in your wallet at all times and ruin the whole experience.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Yeah, MMBN4 had a lot of problems. Story reeked of post script season since MMBN3 was supposed to be the finale. The plot should have focused on fighting the Nebula Syndicate and moved the tournament arc stuff as a optional thing that could be repeated anytime so I wouldn't have to play New Game+ three times to unlock everything. It is also riddled with blind idiot translations though some I like ironicly like 'Look at those many electrical store' and 'What a nice man she was'. Also, I felt Double Soul was a step down from Style Change since only a handful of them were good plus Full Synchro is easy to achieve with good Karma and arguably more useful.

MMBN2 and MMBN3 would be the best to use as a base since they were the pinnacle of the MMBN series though I also liked MMBN5 which I am kind of bias towards since it was the first MMBN game I played. The Liberation Missions were interesting and the game in general was a vast improvement over what MMBN4 did since it did a better job balancing between Liberation Missions and Boss Stages compared to the garbled mess MMBN4 did with the Nebula Syndicate, incoming meteor and tournament arcs.

I think the translation being awful didn't really help it's cause any. And of course, to advance the story, do tedious quest, compete in tournament, then repeat till endgame. Also I agree that MMBN5's battle system was really unique, being able to use different Navi's for specific situations was actually fun. As far as balance goes, I actually enjoy the insane combos MMBN3 had in it, it feels really rewarding in a way, even if they are kinda game-breaking.

Edited by lightcosmo

44 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Tetsuya Takahashi's Xenogears Episode 1-4 and most of all 6.  The Xenogears we all know is Episode 5.  I know some of the Xeno games that came after are supposed to be reworkings of what 1-4 probably would have been so at least we have that going for us.  What an "Episode 6" would have been however, I will bang my head against the walls trying to comprehend what it could have been until the day I die.

YEEEEEEEES, i'm not the only one who lies awake at night wondering what Episode 6 could've been. Like, with Episodes 1-4, there's a general gist of it in Perfect Works and the Xenosaga trilogy is at the very least a re-imagining of Episode 1 while Torna ~ The Golden Country re-imagines Episode 4. But Episode 6 will forever remain one of gaming's biggest mysteries. Perfect Works has nothing on it and with Episode 5 ending on such a natural note, i don't know how it wasn't the "final game". My only guess is that it could've involved something that would later be used as a Xenosaga plot point

Spoiler

That is the collapse of the universe and finding a way to stop it.

• Vienna/Paris/New York Mirage Sessions #FE, featuring opera, ballet, and musicals with Tellius and Jugdral characters. Sequel to Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions: Dancing All Day
  • TMS costumes DLC for Persona, and vice versa
  • A new Valkyria Chronicles, set in the Asia-Pacific theatre
  • Zelda/Fire Emblem/Persona x Pokemon
  • A mainline Persona game with 1-2 previous entry characters (other than Igor) returning with major story roles and/or social links.

Edited by henrymidfields

15 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Those only matter if you play Pokémon competitively. Otherwise, you can just ignore them.

Anyway, Super Mario Galaxy 3.

They only matter if you play competitively, however, they do serve as an unnecessary and unfun gatekeeper to both competitive and online vs play. 

Part of the dream of Pokemon is being the very best, is it not?

To speak of some things not listed here already. (And there is plenty I like that I see.)

• A Kirby RPG.
  • A Zelda RPG, perhaps along Chrono Trigger lines, or a little freer.
  • An open world Pokemon game.
  • An open world Fire Emblem game.
  • The scrapped 2nd Wii Fire Emblem game.
  • Beta Path of Radiance as a full game.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2 (with major additions of course).
  • An intraseries Rune Factory crossover along the character lines of SRW: Original Generations (but not gameplay obviously).
  • Another Baten Kaitos prequel, and a sequel.
  • Another Eternal Sonata, albeit with a different composer or artistic mind in general. More focus on the individual in question too.
  • A Resonance of Fate something would be fine, but they better fix how the plot is told and make the gameplay faster and or more complex.
  • A The Last Story sequel that massively enhances the gameplay.
  • Another Battalion Wars.
  • A CIMA: The Enemy sequel.
  • Legend of Legaia 3 (even though I was never able to complete the original- does the game emulate okay? As in "no freeze at that one moment" glitch?)
  • A Boktai/Lunar Knights sequel that does more with the weather and climate.
  • A Digital Devil Saga duology pack that fixes the rushed plot at DDS2's end. Also, I don't think we need Serph to stay silent.
  • My ideal Radiant Dawn remake: full length microconflict made from Part 1, a little longer digital-only side story version of Part 2, and Parts 3 & 4 bundled as a third physical full-length game.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

YEEEEEEEES, i'm not the only one who lies awake at night wondering what Episode 6 could've been. Like, with Episodes 1-4, there's a general gist of it in Perfect Works and the Xenosaga trilogy is at the very least a re-imagining of Episode 1 while Torna ~ The Golden Country re-imagines Episode 4. But Episode 6 will forever remain one of gaming's biggest mysteries. Perfect Works has nothing on it and with Episode 5 ending on such a natural note, i don't know how it wasn't the "final game". My only guess is that it could've involved something that would later be used as a Xenosaga plot point

This probably wouldn't be it, but there is one idea I've had, don't know if Saga played with it. But what if the planet on which Xenogears took place was contacted after these several thousands of years by the original humanity who for some reason never passed by the planet again in all that time? That just seemed odd to me.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

A Hyperdimension Neptunia fighting game made by ArcSys

Man, was this really the only thing i posted. There was a lot more i wanted to add and just didn't for some reason. Anyway, here's more of what i want.

• A Xenogears remake but not done by Square Enix. I want Square to sell the rights to Monolith Soft so that they can truly bring Xenogears to life. 
  • Soma Bringer remake or sequel. I played Soma Bringer on DS and didn't really like it but i think it could be fixed.
  • A JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game by ArcSys
  • Super Mario Galaxy 3
  • A Zelda game with the open worldness of Breath of the Wild but with the ocean setting of Wind Waker
  • A new F-Zero
  • A Majora's Mask styled Zelda game
  • A Kirby game with actual difficulty
  • Crossbell duology remake that actually gets released in the West.
21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This probably wouldn't be it, but there is one idea I've had, don't know if Saga played with it. But what if the planet on which Xenogears took place was contacted after these several thousands of years by the original humanity who for some reason never passed by the planet again in all that time? That just seemed odd to me.

That is a good question and one that i would've liked to see explored. It's odd that in 10,000 years, no one ever found the Xenogears planet. I have two theories though

Spoiler
  1. They knew the Eldrige crashed there but with Deus in the mix, they found it better to just leave it there.
  2. The Xenogears planet is actually in a Planet Mira/Lost Jerusalem situation thanks to the Zohar and isn't on any star chart.

Edited by Armagon

13 hours ago, Ercdouken said:

Fire Emblem Fighter

But Smash is already Fighter Emblem, LOLOLOL! /s

I've actually been conceptualizing how this one could work out too. I feel like whatever form it would take, Nintendo & Int Sys would have essential elements like terrain, weapon equips, Skills, or even Supports/Pair-Up play an integral part in the gameplay. WTA could even make a neat wager or cross-counter mechanic.

I'd imagine Arc Sys for 2D, Bandai Namco/Project Soul for 3D.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

That is the collapse of the universe and finding a way to stop it.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

That is a good question and one that i would've liked to see explored. It's odd that in 10,000 years, no one ever found the Xenogears planet. I have two theories though

Reveal hidden contents
  1. They knew the Eldrige crashed there but with Deus in the mix, they found it better to just leave it there.
  2. The Xenogears planet is actually in a Planet Mira/Lost Jerusalem situation thanks to the Zohar and isn't on any star chart.

Huh, Torna is Episode 4 is it?  That's a pretty neat to see something has been worked on recently.  I'm playing the game right now and it will be neat to see where it goes with that context.

Anyway, not gonna lie, all of these concepts sound like the "right" way to thematically continue and expand on what was left by the predecessor.  Sadly I'm not sure if I can confirm if these would have been the case unless Tetsuya Takahashi ever gives us an affirmative answer on what he actually had in mind.  For all I know he could have had the idea to reveal it was all just one giant dream of his video game expy.  I guess the least I can hope for now is that the Xenoblade franchise continues and Episode 6 gets reworked into an X2 or Chronicles 3 or beyond if it has to.

1 hour ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Huh, Torna is Episode 4 is it?  That's a pretty neat to see something has been worked on recently.

Yeah, Torna is Episode 4. Or, more specifically, the Day of Collapse part of Episode 4. There's a lot of similarities between the Aegis War and the Day of Collapse and how they affected the future (Xenoblade 2 and Episode 5 respectively). 

1 hour ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

I guess the least I can hope for now is that the Xenoblade franchise continues and Episode 6 gets reworked into an X2 or Chronicles 3 or beyond if it has to.

I feel like this is a likely possibility. Unlike Gears and Saga, Blade is actually financially successful and Nintendo has given Monolith Soft more creative freedom than Square and Namco ever did so we might finally see, at the very least, a remaining of Takahashi's original vision.

Sonic Rush 3. Sonic Rush has always been one of my favorite Sonic games, and Blaze as playable character is awesome too.

Megaman ZX 3. That cliffhanger at the end of ZX Advent was too much.

Megaman Warriors. Imagine the Roster. certain playable Robot Masters, Mavericks, NAVIs, and EM Wave Change playable characters included. No DLC outside of new maps pls XD 

A rhythm game like Theathrythm FF: Curtain Call (where it's based on game music) but the game this time is Ace Attorney

A Boku no Hero Academia game, in Dragonball Fusions format (except the fusion mechanic ofc)

a MOBA Fire Emblem game.

1 hour ago, McKarter said:

Megaman Warriors. Imagine the Roster. certain playable Robot Masters, Mavericks, NAVIs, and EM Wave Change playable characters included. No DLC outside of new maps pls XD 

I'm only a semi-Mega fan, but this idea does sound really cool!

Some blaster glut, but to be fair, Koei Tecmo has no problems working around sword glut in the core Musous. Just assign different special weapons to each's moveset. For Classic MM, they could stick to 1-3 weapons, Proto gets 4-6, and Bass gets 7-8 & Bass for instance (this would leave 9-11 unassigned, so it isn't perfect, just a suggestion).

Let me assemble a hypothetical character list for fun:

Spoiler
  • Classic:
    • Classic Mega Man
    • Proto Man
    • Bass
    • Guts Man
    • Roll

Dr. Wily in his various Wily Machines and Yellow Devil appear as Giant Bosses.

• X
    • Mega Man X
    • Zero
    • Sigma (Which weapon does he get though? He has gone through so many. One ofthem, or is his moveset a blend of them all?)
    • Axl

Sigma's various giant forms could be used as Giant Bosses.

• Zero
    • Omega (he'd use Zero Zero's moveset, thus allowing Zero himself to be X Zero.)
    • Sage Harpuia
    • Fairy Leviathan
    • Fighting Fefnir 

Dr. Weil appears as a Giant Boss.

• Battle Network:
    • Mega Man.EXE
    • Proto Man.EXE
    • Bass.EXE

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Battle Network, and know even less of ZX, Legends, and Star Force, so I won't touch them so much. This said, we'd obviously need:

• Omega Xis
  • Mega Man Volnutt
  • Tron Bonne (?)
  • Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe could be handled like Corrin and Robin in Fire Emblem Warriors. Pick one each to be canon in the story, with the other available as an identical alt. I'd say Aile/Grey, since it appears Grey is the creation of the ZX Advent villain, looking at Mega Man Wiki.

So if add up all my PCs, we get 21. That hits the firm upper threshold of a first game I think.

For DLC, maybe:

• Classic Duo
  • Terra (yeah, a longshot, but MMV deserves some recognition) or King.
  • Vile/Colonel/Gate/Red/Lumine- one or two MMX villains of the week.
  • Hidden Phantom
  • Copy X/Elpizo/Craft- one MMZ villain of the week.
  • Prometheus and Pandora
  • Colonel.EXE

Although it might be better to stick with say Classic, X, and Zero for the first game- a robot trinity. Expanding to ZX, BN, SF, and Legends comes later. As does adding Solar Boy Django and Sabata.

I say that suggestion for a three-game starting roster, considering I've not even touched the great number of Robot Masters, Mavericks, NAVIs, EM Beings, and other such boss enemies. We need them, since having Sigma and Dr. Wily appear all the time in battles would make little sense in story, and repetitive in gameplay.

Who would be chosen? I don't know, most lack any personality. Quick Man or Pharaoh Man are infamously hard, but having both of these sleek Robot Masters sounds a bit excessive. They should provide variety in body type, elemental/weapon association, and fighting style.

I think a MegaMusou game could work if it had a more shooter approach, while allowing melee based classes to also work. I can imagine it playing like Star Wars Battlefront 2, with the other chars playing as the troopers/droids while melee chars would work like the Jedi and Sith.

They'd already have Vile included in the game if they did, at least.

Hm... Games that I would like to see happen, but I don't think will happen. Here's my list:

1. A Fire Emblem spin-off with real-time exploration and combat. A game like this could be very interesting if done well, but it would be very difficult to do well, and I'm not sure if IS would be able (or willing, given that they did consider a game like this only to scrap it) to do so. 
  2. Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I originally didn't care much about Final Fantasy, but I saw some footage of what was originally promised for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, it all looked very interesting; far more interesting than Final Fantasy XV turned out to be. A part of me hopes that Versus XIII could still be made.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Sigma 1 provides the Sith. Perfect.

All weapons in the game would be either projectiles or melee. Every character in the series fit in at least one of these categories. Sigma 2 would be melee but use claws instead of a lightsaber, Sigma 3 would be mostly ranged (throwing his shield like a boomerang) while also being able to use it for defense or hitting things from melee.

Also, my take on the character roster:

Spoiler
  • Classic series
    • Mega Man (special ability: Is capable of using X shots of the main weapon of whichever enemy the player kills, stacking up to 2 enemies. Has a super mode which is his Rush armor or whatever thing was in Marvel vs Capcom)
    • Bass (same as above, but has a super mode with Treble. Plays differently, obviously)
    • Protoman (same as above, except without the super mode. Has a shield to defend himself from projectiles and attacks)
    • Duo (strong and he can also use his abilities to zone harder. His super mode makes him invincible for a few seconds)
    • Roll (a lethal joke character. She's mostly like a Mega Man who uses a broom as a melee weapon along with her improvised buster)
  • X series
    • X (is capable of using X-Y shots of the main weapon of whichever enemy the player kills, stacking up to 3 enemies. His super mode is Ultimate Armor)
    • Zero (has his saber along with an unprecise buster. Gets his moves after defeating X enemies or defeating "boss/special characters". His super mode is Awakened Zero, where he becomes stronger and faster, and instead of dying he returns to his previous form with 1/4 of his HP, I guess)
    • Axl (is mainly a shooter, but he can copy infinite uses of the weapon of an enemy he kills, with the caveat that he's capable of impersonating the enemy and fooling their team)
    • Sigma X1-X5 (he'd be special in that he could choose his arsenal before joining the battle, using each Sigma's different weapons from X1-X5 each time, because let's be honest, what do the other games amount to in terms of an arsenal that isn't already conveyed by the previous games? His super mode is getting a big ass battle body)
    • Vile (you could also choose his arsenal, although he'd always have his main weapons, just like in Maverick Hunter X. His super mode is his Ride Armor, that could work like... D'Va's gimmick, I guess)
  • Zero series
    • Harpuia (is melee-locked, a fast unit that can fly. His super mode is the giant helicopter thing he fuses with in MMZ2)
    • Fefnir (I imagine him being very tanky and capable of zoning with his fire based weapons. His super mode is that vehicle he fuses with in MMZ2)
    • Leviathan (can use her melee weapon to form projectiles. Not too sure about her super mode - maybe it's the thing she fuses with in MMZ2, except it can fly)
    • Phantom (an assassin classed guy who's deadly in melee, but who's got a short range and terrible defense. Mostly stalks and annoys people)
    • Elpizo (fights with sabers and throws some projectiles. He's especially good at blocking melee attacks and normally aces against melee users. His super mode is his Dark Elf form)
    • Omega could be here, having a normal form as his bulky giant body while having his super mode be a very strong form of Zero, but I'm not too sure about this.
  • Battle Network series
    • Bass.exe (I think he's one of the only ones that's different from his Classic form where it comes to his moveset, so I imagine the rest being reskins)
  • Legends series
    • Megaman Volnutt
    • Tron Bonne

• Reskins (changes appearance and dialogue)
    • X -> Copy X and X -> Mega Man Model X
    • Zero -> Omega and Zero -> Mega Man Model Z
    • Harpuia -> Mega Man Model H
    • Axl -> Model A
    • Same for Leviathan, Fefnir and Phantom
    • Mega Man -> MegaMan.exe and Mega Man -> Enker
    • Tron Bonne -> Dr. Wily. She works almost like him, anyway.
    • Same for Protoman and the other NAVIs that are not unique
  • DLCs
    • Colonel (melee, comes with all his abilities instead of getting them as he kills enemies, his super mode is summoning an AI controlled Iris who's very tanky but who also dies if he does)
    • Iris (same as her X4 apparition, can fly for a bit and hover, her super mode is summoning an AI controlled Colonel)
    • Double (fast, strong, not very resistant)
    • Duff McWhallen (why not)
    • Bit/Byte, with their super mode being Godkarmachine
    • Dynamo
  • Stages
    • Guts Man's stage
    • Wily's Castle (outside and inside)
    • X1's intro stage (Central Highway?)
    • X1's Sigma Fortress (outside and inside)
    • X3's Hunter Base (same)
    • Zero 1's Neo Arcadia
    • Zero 4's Area Zero
    • Zero 4's Ragnarok
    • ZX's Guardians HQ (outside and inside the ship) or Ashe's ZXA intro stage, which would be a bigger version of it

Edited by Rapier

7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Hm... Games that I would like to see happen, but I don't think will happen. Here's my list:

1. A Fire Emblem spin-off with real-time exploration and combat. A game like this could be very interesting if done well, but it would be very difficult to do well, and I'm not sure if IS would be able (or willing, given that they did consider a game like this only to scrap it) to do so.

I've had this idea, basically Dragon's Dogma, same combat, but with skills and classes from Fire Emblem.

... actually I've had this same idea with a lot of JRPGs that just turn them into Dragon's Dogma. Every open-world action RPG should just curb more from Dragon's Dogma.

Edited by Slumber

1. Breath of Fire 7. 6 was a shitty mobile game from what I've heard and it was eventually killed anyways. Even a remake would be fine of the previous installments too.

2. Lufia 5. Dead since the Lufia 2 remake.

3. Treasure of the Rudras 2. Recently played the game and while I was satisfied with the ending, I wouldn't mind another game. 

4. A Mystic Ark, 7th Saga or Brain Lord. All three were made by the same company and all were very fun, so I'd like to see a sequel to them. I guess Mystic Ark was a spiritual successor of sorts to both 7th Saga and Brain Lord though.

5. Terranigma sequel. Just really want to play something similar to this game, it was pretty fun. I guess Illusion of Gaia fits the bill. They're very loosely connected to begin with. There was also this fanmade hack of the game called Terranigma 2: The Continuance, but I'm not sure of how much it has progressed.

Another entry - though this may actually happen, considering one of the ideas for Persona 5, before the Tohoku earthquake happened:

• A mainline Persona game set overseas. My wishes:
    • West Coast USA, either San Francisco or Los Angeles - This should probably be the most feasible; have the local crew at Atlus USA (or Sega USA) write the story together with the usual crew from Japan.
    • New York City, with some minor events in other East Coast cities.
    • London, Paris, Dusseldorf/Munich, or any other European cities that have many Japanese expatriates. - And have the writers team up with Sega Europe.
    • East Coast Australia - Sydney or Brisbane/Gold Coast
  • A spinoff of Devil Survivor, also set overseas; either New York City, London, or Paris.
  • Another Atlus game/story that is set in North America like Catherine, or Europe.
Edited by henrymidfields

Not sure if there's any Fire-Emblem-esque type of game that focuses more on adventuring/dungeon-exploring and such instead of leading a big army to fight countries, in a typical adventure/fantasy manga or anime... without those super flashy and edgy 200% anime characters that are either super thin or have MEGA TIDDIES with MASSIVE NUMBERS USED FOR STATS AND DAMAGE CALCULATION

On 4/1/2019 at 12:47 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let me assemble a hypothetical character list for fun:

Hide contents
  • Classic:
    • Classic Mega Man
    • Proto Man
    • Bass
    • Guts Man
    • Roll

Dr. Wily in his various Wily Machines and Yellow Devil appear as Giant Bosses.

• X
    • Mega Man X
    • Zero
    • Sigma (Which weapon does he get though? He has gone through so many. One ofthem, or is his moveset a blend of them all?)
    • Axl

Sigma's various giant forms could be used as Giant Bosses.

• Zero
    • Omega (he'd use Zero Zero's moveset, thus allowing Zero himself to be X Zero.)
    • Sage Harpuia
    • Fairy Leviathan
    • Fighting Fefnir 

Dr. Weil appears as a Giant Boss.

• Battle Network:
    • Mega Man.EXE
    • Proto Man.EXE
    • Bass.EXE

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Battle Network, and know even less of ZX, Legends, and Star Force, so I won't touch them so much. This said, we'd obviously need:

• Omega Xis
  • Mega Man Volnutt
  • Tron Bonne (?)
  • Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe could be handled like Corrin and Robin in Fire Emblem Warriors. Pick one each to be canon in the story, with the other available as an identical alt. I'd say Aile/Grey, since it appears Grey is the creation of the ZX Advent villain, looking at Mega Man Wiki.

So if add up all my PCs, we get 21. That hits the firm upper threshold of a first game I think.

For DLC, maybe:

• Classic Duo
  • Terra (yeah, a longshot, but MMV deserves some recognition) or King.
  • Vile/Colonel/Gate/Red/Lumine- one or two MMX villains of the week.
  • Hidden Phantom
  • Copy X/Elpizo/Craft- one MMZ villain of the week.
  • Prometheus and Pandora
  • Colonel.EXE

Although it might be better to stick with say Classic, X, and Zero for the first game- a robot trinity. Expanding to ZX, BN, SF, and Legends comes later. As does adding Solar Boy Django and Sabata.

I say that suggestion for a three-game starting roster, considering I've not even touched the great number of Robot Masters, Mavericks, NAVIs, EM Beings, and other such boss enemies. We need them, since having Sigma and Dr. Wily appear all the time in battles would make little sense in story, and repetitive in gameplay.

Who would be chosen? I don't know, most lack any personality. Quick Man or Pharaoh Man are infamously hard, but having both of these sleek Robot Masters sounds a bit excessive. They should provide variety in body type, elemental/weapon association, and fighting style.

I was thinking for the Megaman's and X's (and Axl's) weapons to be part of their combo strings, a different weapon for a different combo. As for Megaman.EXE and Megaman SF, simply make their forms like an Awakening gauge, but they have to equip certain skill slots to their weapons to control which form they use. For Megaman.EXE, we gotta have Style Change and maybe the Cross/Double Soul. As for Megaman SF, Star Break and Tribe On forms will be the ones used. 

I second the Robin/Corrin idea for the ZX/ZXA protagonists. On top of it, i also want Megaman Zero series' design for Zero to be an alt skin for Zero.

I also vote to have the H/L/P/F megamen from ZXA to be added as separate postgame playable characters (like Toon Link's section in Hyrule Warriors), with ZX's Aile/Vent versions of PX/HX/LX/FX as the alt skins (with base movements being a mix of both appearances, or simply the ones from ZX since those felt more complete)

And well i simply didnt want extra DLC for extra characters (i'd prefer just make it harder for them to be unlocked), but if it comes to that i agree with your DLC options (looking forward to Prometheus/Pandora one)

oooh my idea was different. Do you remeber how Linkle's story was handled in Hyrule Warrior Legends? or how Hoshido and Nohr sections were handled in Fire Emblem Warriors? iw as thinking similar to that. All available games's characters have a starting route, and they all intersect with each other and eventually everyone together at some point along the story.

As for the Robot MAsters and MAvericks, well they can just have 1-2 from each game, maybe a poll of who would be the most popular ones. Any more will, as much as i dont prefer it, gonna have to be added as DLC.

Aaand as for the games' version of Link's fully Unlocked Master Sword from Hyrule Warriors, we're gonna have the following:

- MEgaman X's Ultimate Armor (Both variants)

- Black Zero

- White Axl

- Megaman's fusion with both Rush and Beat maybe? 

- Megaman.EXE's Hub Style, Gregar Beast, and Falzar Beast (gonna have to forge separate weapons, which would extend replay value, which goes the same for MEgaman X and MEgaman SF's)

- Megaman SF's Tribe King, Rouge Noise, Black Ace, or Red Joker

- Vent/Aile's Model OX