[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

Hey guys, new version is up. I included some new skill activation animations made by Mikey Seregon. Also changed the spell animations of static (now called thoron) and elthunder, since the previous one was randomly causing the game to freeze. Also fixed chapter 17 opening cutscene and adjusted some cutscenes to properly show the new custom classes for the campaign enemies. Regarding the weapon ranks, I gave up on trying to figure out why characters kept gaining wexp after achieving the first S rank and decided to do what @Street Herosuggested and applied the patch to allow multiple S ranks. Consider it a reward for me making weapons only give 1 wexp point. I also corrected the moving sounds made by enemy flier units (I think). No worries about save incompatibility. Let me know if there are any bugs.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopping back onto SF after a long hiatus to play and really enjoy this game. great work!

i'm also reporting a bug that you can find in this private video: https://youtu.be/KH6JEmrblU8

basically, when I enter Melkaen Coast for a skirmish, the character that's in slot 2 sees a MASSIVE debuff to major stats. the same is true for other slots, but slot 2 gets the worst end of the stick. the debuffs disappear when you retreat.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, skywalker said:

Hey Blood, the moving sound of pegasi and horsemen unit is the same as infantry one. I wonder if it is a glitch? Also, Seth doesn't have a moving sound.

Well seems like I'm not the only one having this issue

Anyways, so far I'm having fun with the patch you made. Everything just looks pleasing and fresh like Kyle as a Champion or Ephraim as an unmounted Great Lord. But I had a sick and twisted idea of making a version of the patch where I edit enemy units randomly from level,stats, class or their weapons but not their positions. A simple Lvl. 5 Halberdier can literally kill a Great Lord Ephraim and Baguette being a really meaty boy and the only one who can defeat him is Eirika with a rapier or other units with an armorslayer.  But I'm not too sadistic to myself. I also buffed playable units. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've found a bug when playing the random stat version of this hack. All of my characters are showing hugely inflated stats like the attached picture. However when I browse the unit selection menu, the stats show up as normal.

I did some testing and found that this error is triggered by using the wind spell. I have the spell equipped on Lute and I am using it for the first time on chapter 6. Everything is normal until I use it. I think its just a visual bug but its really annoying

after.png

menu.png

Edited by onionknight

58 minutes ago, onionknight said:

I've found a bug when playing the random stat version of this hack. All of my characters are showing hugely inflated stats like the attached picture. However when I browse the unit selection menu, the stats show up as normal.

I did some testing and found that this error is triggered by using the wind spell. I have the spell equipped on Lute and I am using it for the first time on chapter 6. Everything is normal until I use it. I think its just a visual bug but its really annoying

after.png

menu.png

That's her growth rates

Hey guys, it's been some time. Just checking in to let everyone know that the project is not dead (nor complete 😐). I recently got a new job and I've been very busy. However, I still plan to address the issue with some units not making sounds when they move, and will try to see what's up with that Melkaen Coast bug.

On 7/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, Pioupiou said:

Can you tell me how you can defeat morva on the lvl 9 of lagdou please 😢

Ah yes, I was hoping to get some feedback on him. I believe I gave him a skill that prevents effective damage, and I admit that might have been a mistake, since he has massive defense and resistance. Could other people comment on this, please?

On 7/6/2019 at 7:33 PM, onionknight said:

after.png

menu.png

Those are her gowth rates, and it is actually a feature of the hack. You can cycle between them and the actual stats by pressing the select button.

6 hours ago, bløød said:

Ah yes, I was hoping to get some feedback on him. I believe I gave him a skill that prevents effective damage, and I admit that might have been a mistake, since he has massive defense and resistance. Could other people comment on this, please?

Leaving the skill there is fine, his RES and DEF should be nerfed and I hope you fix those moving sound issues.

10 hours ago, bløød said:

Hey guys, it's been some time. Just checking in to let everyone know that the project is not dead (nor complete 😐). I recently got a new job and I've been very busy. However, I still plan to address the issue with some units not making sounds when they move, and will try to see what's up with that Melkaen Coast bug.

I'm pretty sure there's a patch for this. If not, can't the builder edit this?

New version is out, guys. I ran some tests and I think the move sounds bug was fixed. I also nerfed Morva a little bit. Updated Orson's animations. I have no idea what's causing the Melkaen Coast bug, so off to the "know issues" section it goes.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm pretty sure there's a patch for this. If not, can't the builder edit this?

Yes, there was an option to do so in the FE Builder menus. The problem is that the sounds there are named ater the monster classes, not the human ones. I think I got it though.

8 hours ago, Djokod said:

Hey guys i'm new here, wanna to ask, is this hack include reclass system? Example : if Marisa promote to assassin can i reclass her to swordmaster?

Hey there. No, my hack does not include such an option, and I don't really think people managed to hack that mechanic into the GBA games yet. Sounds like it would be awlful lotta hard.

Me again. There's been a major graphical update. I made many changes to battle animations, map sprites and weapon icons. Classes changed include fighters, bishops, clerics, priests, archers, great lord Eirika, swordmasters, berserkers, heroes and mages.

One more update, guys. This one is focused on quality of life improvements and gameplay. It changes many things, so be sure to check the patch notes for detailed info. 

I love this it's a nice change to a game that I enjoy a lot, I in fact made this account specifically to say that this is quite a nice change. As much as I love it I got one complaint, and it is by far the most sarcastic complaint I can make so don't take it seriously, it's really super ultra amazingly annoying to have to re-download a new patch one day latter and then patch it in, and since I'm using my phone to emulate I don't know how to transfer save data over. Again, and I can't stress this enough, no need to take this as an actual criticism cause having updates is nice. It also helps that this is a nice hack.

Edited by Wise2171

3 hours ago, Wise2171 said:

I love this it's a nice change to a game that I enjoy a lot, I in fact made this account specifically to say that this is quite a nice change. As much as I love it I got one complaint, and it is by far the most sarcastic complaint I can make so don't take it seriously, it's really supper ultra amazingly annoying to have to re-download a new patch one day latter and then patch it in, and since I'm using my phone to emulate I don't know how to transfer save data over. Again, and I can't stress this enough, no need to take this as an actual criticism cause having updates is nice. It also helps that this is a nice hack.

Thank you! It's always nice to receive compliments instead of bug reports lol. 
And I have to agree, even I get annoyed by constantly having to patch the updates. I've been considering it for some time now and I think that from this point on I'll limit any eventual updates to once a week. That beign said, I do not currently have anything in mind, so feel free to play the latest version. 

Hello, I've started playing the hack for the first time and am already stuck with a bug on Chapter 1. Sorry if someone already posted about it but since I'm literally stuck, I'm not exactly sure what to do. I'm playing on Fixed Growth no Minimug of the 7/12 patch.

On Chapter 1 Escape, randomly sometimes when an enemy dies, they just don't disappear and the game soft-locks. There's no set reason for why this happens. Sometimes the unit dies and vanishes, but other times the unit doesn't vanish when dying and the game just softlocks. Help please.

Hi, again, I know you liked receiving a compliment instead of a bug but I noticed a bug. On update 7-12 random growths with minimug, chapter 5x, Kyle got poisoned so I checked the poison counter and it was at 0 and he was still taking poison damage, I let several turns go by to make sure it wasn’t just a graphical issue.  I’m not sure if it was just that chapter cause that was the first time any of my units were poisoned on this update so far. But if that is a continuing issue it could spell potential disaster in latter parts of the game. Edit:Okay Gilliam got poisoned on chapter 6 and the same issue occurred, and since there is a fort there I could sit for awhile. 

Edited by Wise2171

Hello, me again. You can ignore my previous post about the game randomly soft-locking. That was an issue on my end and it's fixed now (I couldn't figure out how to delete my previous message so just ignore it). Oh, and the post above me, talking about Poison staying forever even after the 0th turn it says, yeah I have that problem too. I've been mainly using Restore staves to avoid it, but yeah I have that bug too.

Oh and I had one other minor suggestion, not a criticism just something I thought would be easy to add and make sense. I've made it to Scorched Sand, the chapter with Callech and Valter. I noticed that even though Valter is called Wyvern Knight, he's not the same kind as any unit I turn into a Wyvern Knight. Valter can use Axe too, so I'm guessing he's the FE6 and 7 version whereas my units are the Sacred Stones one. So maybe it would be neat to give Valter his own class title, like Dracoknight or something, since he is differnet. Just a though.

8 hours ago, ShyRanger said:

Hello, me again. You can ignore my previous post about the game randomly soft-locking. That was an issue on my end and it's fixed now (I couldn't figure out how to delete my previous message so just ignore it). Oh, and the post above me, talking about Poison staying forever even after the 0th turn it says, yeah I have that problem too. I've been mainly using Restore staves to avoid it, but yeah I have that bug too.

Oh and I had one other minor suggestion, not a criticism just something I thought would be easy to add and make sense. I've made it to Scorched Sand, the chapter with Callech and Valter. I noticed that even though Valter is called Wyvern Knight, he's not the same kind as any unit I turn into a Wyvern Knight. Valter can use Axe too, so I'm guessing he's the FE6 and 7 version whereas my units are the Sacred Stones one. So maybe it would be neat to give Valter his own class title, like Dracoknight or something, since he is differnet. Just a though.

Oh, ok. From what you described, I would suggest that the problem was with your emulator. Glad you got around it already. As to Valter, he is indeed special in the sense that he is the only wyvern knight who can use axes. He does use the same animations as the other wyvern knights though. I just wanted the creature campaign units to feel special and more rewarding to unlock, so that's why I let him use axes too. Glenn is also special because he is able to wield bows. All other CC characters have custom classes. Since Valter is using the same class data as other wyvern knights, I can't give him a specific name though. I will take a look at the poison issue this weekend and upload a new version.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, Wise2171 said:

Hi, again, I know you liked receiving a compliment instead of a bug but I noticed a bug. On update 7-12 random growths with minimug, chapter 5x, Kyle got poisoned so I checked the poison counter and it was at 0 and he was still taking poison damage, I let several turns go by to make sure it wasn’t just a graphical issue.  I’m not sure if it was just that chapter cause that was the first time any of my units were poisoned on this update so far. But if that is a continuing issue it could spell potential disaster in latter parts of the game. Edit:Okay Gilliam got poisoned on chapter 6 and the same issue occurred, and since there is a fort there I could sit for awhile. 

Thanks for the report, will try to fix it this weekend.

5 hours ago, Sataros said:

I'm playing it currently, but the early game seems fairly untouched difficulty wise. Does it pick up at all?

The game does get harder on later chapters, especially the ones with multiple promoted units, as I gave them better bases and they will have multiple skills. You should see a difficulty spike starting on chapter 16.

*Aw, hell. I just noticed updating the skill system messed up the learnsets for most enemy classes. Unfortunately, I have to suggest not playing the hack until I upload a new version. I will be taking down the links until I fix this (probably this weekend)*.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:36 PM, bløød said:

*Aw, hell. I just noticed updating the skill system messed up the learnsets for most enemy classes. Unfortunately, I have to suggest not playing the hack until I upload a new version. I will be taking down the links until I fix this (probably this weekend)*.

Hoh, I guess I will have to start all over again. Well this is the 3rd time. Alright, I will wait for your next patch.