[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

New version out, guys. Have fun.

16 hours ago, skywalker said:

Hoh, I guess I will have to start all over again. Well this is the 3rd time. Alright, I will wait for your next patch.

I must have restarted some 9 times now 😩

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool glad that I can play the game without fear of explosions. I am curious though by what you meant by.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, bløød said:

messed up the learnsets for most enemy classes.

Did this just mean that there skills were not what you wanted them to be? Could you give an example? I'm just curious and don't need to be answered if you don't want to answer me.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:25 AM, Wise2171 said:

Did this just mean that there skills were not what you wanted them to be? Could you give an example? I'm just curious and don't need to be answered if you don't want to answer me.

No, the problem was that as soon as I updated, the hacking tool erased the learnsets of most enemies. That way, most of the simply wouldn't have any skills at all.

6 hours ago, bløød said:

No, the problem was that as soon as I updated, the hacking tool erased the learnsets of most enemies. That way, most of the simply wouldn't have any skills at all.

Oh yeah I can see how that would be a pretty massive issue that completely ruins the balance of the game kind of ruining what you’re going for with this hack. 

Hey just wanted to report a pretty major bug.

Started my first playthrough on 18-07 version and came across a game breaking bug on chapter 2. The game will crash after eirika finishes talking with ross and I have no idea how to stop fix it.

Sorry if this is a bug that was already reported.

Also just wanted to add that I'm loving this hack so far!

37 minutes ago, dragonslayer96 said:

Hey just wanted to report a pretty major bug.

Started my first playthrough on 18-07 version and came across a game breaking bug on chapter 2. The game will crash after eirika finishes talking with ross and I have no idea how to stop fix it.

Sorry if this is a bug that was already reported.

Also just wanted to add that I'm loving this hack so far!

This has never been reported at all. I'm playing the fixed growths with minimugs myself and I didn't run into this bug. Which of the four versions are you playing?

26 minutes ago, bløød said:

This has never been reported at all. I'm playing the fixed growths with minimugs myself and I didn't run into this bug. Which of the four versions are you playing?

I'm playing the fixed growth with minimug version. I'm also playing the game on my android phone using MyBoy emulator, if that helps at all.

9 hours ago, dragonslayer96 said:

I'm playing the fixed growth with minimug version. I'm also playing the game on my android phone using MyBoy emulator, if that helps at all.

I just went and checked it. Nothing wrong occured to me, so something must be wrong on your end. Try updating your emulator to the latest version or resetting its settings.

Y4UUgnWs.pngNIpSrLss.pnglHQNawts.pngssKdiw0s.png

6 hours ago, bløød said:

I just went and checked it. Nothing wrong occured to me, so something must be wrong on your end. Try updating your emulator to the latest version or resetting its settings.

Y4UUgnWs.pngNIpSrLss.pnglHQNawts.pngssKdiw0s.png

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice 🙂

Nobody is gonna care because of Three Houses, but I have an update. The final version of the hack is out (I swear it this time). I've been working on this for far longer than I originally intended, and I am proud of what I've done. This is the last planned version of the hack, so bear with me for one last update. Interestingly, I finished it just one day before Three Houses lol. Check changelog for more info, and please enjoy the hack.

Hi I've been having a blast so far with your mod. The skills system and rebalanced enemies make for an engaging playthrough of FE8. 

I have run into a glitch in Chapter 14 (Ephraim) where one of my units affected by the Berserk staff targets another one of my units and then the game crashes

I'm having more fun with your rom hack than most games these days. Good sprites all around, however Fado's (King) Axe and Lance animations are really janky, can use some more smoothness.

I LOVE the character rebalances, especially the Creature Campaign characters. The skills really put in a lot of depth into this game. My thoughts on some of the notable ones.

• Duessel : MVP, the main tank. Would never ever ever die with some supports and rallies. Hit like mack trucks too 100/10.
  • Ismaire : Lyn on steroids. Doubled crit rating and Astra made sure most thing she touched would get 1RKO. 
  • Mansel : Free turns on staff usages enabled some spicy Warp/Rescue plays. Disintergrated monsters with Slayer+Anima.
  • Amelia : Halberdier is stronger than Ephraim damage wise. Impale is instakill on most things. A shame it's only limited to Lances.
  • Tethys : MVP #2. Pump her LCK high enough and she'll give you so many free turns it's like Gameshark. Hits deceptively hard with a sword.
  • Eirika/Ephraim : Holds their own ground in ruin runs. Ephraim hits hard and pads Duessel's defense while Eirika is mostly on a supportive role.
  • Garcia : Lyn, but with axes and less crit. If his personal skill procs things will die.
  • Glen/Cormag : Glen is superior to Cormag in combat (we're talking about a flying unit with bows and all of the weapon triangle here), but Cormag brings huge damage with his rally. Sadly their SPD cap is low so they have a hard time doubling things.
  • Druids : Dedicated Mage killers with Luna+Tomebreaker. Can tank with Nosferatu.
  • Pure Sages : Sky high damage, 'nuff said.

Some less than stellar units on my mind:

• Myrrh : Her skils don't help her with the survival problems she'll get on later ruin floors, but bumping her Dragonstone's range to 2 will help a lot.
  • Fado : A Zephiel-skin won't help less than impressive personal skill. Gilliam can tank better, and Duessel can tank better than Gilliam.

Some bugs do exist, but nothing major besides Poison not expiring by itself. I crashed only 1 time, but that can be fixed by save states.
I do wish you could go back to this hack once in a while to add in contents/polishes.

so I have played this hack till carcino's revolt, and I gotta say I love the changes,  palette, class and all of that, however is it just me or  Ross seems really underwhelming compared to Amelia, what I mean is while I invested battle experience with him to get him max level, he was actually inferior stat wise with 17 lvl up, while Amelia comes in your team with very nice bases. Beside that I love the changes you've done so far, I just hope the last chapter won't turn into a ragefest *cough* fe8master *cough*

On 7/27/2019 at 12:27 PM, Wise2171 said:

The problem with the poison still exists, I’m on chapter 7 random growths, with minimugs, and Gilliam won’t cure his poison. 

cover2.jpg

On 7/28/2019 at 8:52 AM, omerdoh said:

Hi I've been having a blast so far with your mod. The skills system and rebalanced enemies make for an engaging playthrough of FE8. 

I have run into a glitch in Chapter 14 (Ephraim) where one of my units affected by the Berserk staff targets another one of my units and then the game crashes

Thanks for playing! I'll look into it.

On 7/30/2019 at 8:29 AM, kevodah said:

I'm having more fun with your rom hack than most games these days. Good sprites all around, however Fado's (King) Axe and Lance animations are really janky, can use some more smoothness.

I LOVE the character rebalances, especially the Creature Campaign characters. The skills really put in a lot of depth into this game. My thoughts on some of the notable ones.

• Duessel : MVP, the main tank. Would never ever ever die with some supports and rallies. Hit like mack trucks too 100/10.
  • Ismaire : Lyn on steroids. Doubled crit rating and Astra made sure most thing she touched would get 1RKO. 
  • Mansel : Free turns on staff usages enabled some spicy Warp/Rescue plays. Disintergrated monsters with Slayer+Anima.
  • Amelia : Halberdier is stronger than Ephraim damage wise. Impale is instakill on most things. A shame it's only limited to Lances.
  • Tethys : MVP #2. Pump her LCK high enough and she'll give you so many free turns it's like Gameshark. Hits deceptively hard with a sword.
  • Eirika/Ephraim : Holds their own ground in ruin runs. Ephraim hits hard and pads Duessel's defense while Eirika is mostly on a supportive role.
  • Garcia : Lyn, but with axes and less crit. If his personal skill procs things will die.
  • Glen/Cormag : Glen is superior to Cormag in combat (we're talking about a flying unit with bows and all of the weapon triangle here), but Cormag brings huge damage with his rally. Sadly their SPD cap is low so they have a hard time doubling things.
  • Druids : Dedicated Mage killers with Luna+Tomebreaker. Can tank with Nosferatu.
  • Pure Sages : Sky high damage, 'nuff said.

Some less than stellar units on my mind:

• Myrrh : Her skils don't help her with the survival problems she'll get on later ruin floors, but bumping her Dragonstone's range to 2 will help a lot.
  • Fado : A Zephiel-skin won't help less than impressive personal skill. Gilliam can tank better, and Duessel can tank better than Gilliam.

Some bugs do exist, but nothing major besides Poison not expiring by itself. I crashed only 1 time, but that can be fixed by save states.
I do wish you could go back to this hack once in a while to add in contents/polishes.

Wow, thanks for the detailed feedback. I also felt like Myrrh got nerfed too hard, the poor thing. I was thinking about adding more dragon stones for her, but you made an interesting suggestion. I might start a poll to see what the majority prefers. I also *may* update the graphics in the future, but don't expect it to happen any time soon. I wish to be done with this hack so I can start an original one. And thanks for playing the hack as well!

On 7/31/2019 at 5:40 PM, tonfa said:

so I have played this hack till carcino's revolt, and I gotta say I love the changes,  palette, class and all of that, however is it just me or  Ross seems really underwhelming compared to Amelia, what I mean is while I invested battle experience with him to get him max level, he was actually inferior stat wise with 17 lvl up, while Amelia comes in your team with very nice bases. Beside that I love the changes you've done so far, I just hope the last chapter won't turn into a ragefest *cough* fe8master *cough*

Don't worry, the campaign isn't diffilcult at all and I haven't done anything like that. The hardest enemies are in the latter levels of Lagdou Ruins, but by that point there will be much gold and stat boosters available, so each player can choose between going straight from the campaign or grinding a little first.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:58 AM, kevodah said:

Oh yes, it seems like all Status Ailments don't expire by themselves now. I can confirm Petrify behaves like that too.

Another one to your list I guess.

Yeah, seems like everyone is reporting this issue across all versions of the hack. I'll look into it.

By the way, status ailments not expiring by themselves are totally a feature of the hack that was planned from the beginning and aimed at adding an additional layer of difficulty. I am totally not making this up because I have yet to find out how to fix it.

havLTVR.png

Thanks for a hack. I've recently finished the base game and felt like it wasn't enough, so I tried your mod right after.

What I found was pleasing experience that I enjoyed throughout the entire span of it, replaying was very satisfying seeing all the differences. I went with Fixed Growth Rates + Mugs, because otherwise my perfectionism would want to try getting better rolls. It was nice for sure.

So in the end it took me about another 45 playtime hours with no save states and what not, the most resets happened closer to the end with the stage 19 and 20, something could've been fixed with more leveling, but either way, it went down eventually.

The last stage was about the same as easy as in the base game, but then I guess I also got somewhat experienced, played both on hard difficulty, too.

I actually liked the idea with poison being only cureable with potions and staves, no issues here really. As for Berserk status I don't know, but I've beforehand that someone had crashes during the combat in that state, so I was cautious and was removing it asap.

So, once again, great job. Love the modding community.

Edited by Wyngale
fixed

On 8/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, Wyngale said:

Thanks for a hack. I've recently finished the base game and felt like it wasn't enough, so I tried your mod right after.

What I found was pleasing experience that I enjoyed throughout the entire span of it, replaying was very satisfying seeing all the differences. I went with Fixed Growth Rates + Mugs, because otherwise my perfectionism would want to try getting better rolls. It was nice for sure.

So in the end it took me about another 45 playtime hours with no save states and what not, the most resets happened closer to the end with the stage 19 and 20, something could've been fixed with more leveling, but either way, it went down eventually.

The last stage was about the same as easy as in the base game, but then I guess I also got somewhat experienced, played both on hard difficulty, too.

I actually liked the idea with poison being only cureable with potions and staves, no issues here really. As for Berserk status I don't know, but I've beforehand that someone had crashes during the combat in that state, so I was cautious and was removing it asap.

So, once again, great job. Love the modding community.

Thanks for the feedback! Always nice to know people enjoy the hack. Status ailments not healing by themselves is an unfortunate bug. I've been wrestling with FEBuilder to try and find where that problem is coming from, but no luck so far. Doesn't help that I also have been pretty busy with my job lately. I'll keep trying to fix it. 

I've also got an update. This just arrived all the way from the US:

gHBsRTNb.jpg

This means y'all won't be seeing me for a while lol. Golden Deers ftw

Edited by bløød

Update: I think I found the source of the bug that is preventing status ailments to expire. It may very well be the patch I installed that makes summoners gain EXP when their phantoms battle. Unfortunately, trying to remove it from the latest version causes the game to crash whenever a battle happens. I might have to go back to a version prior to installing that patch and updating everything again with the exception of the summoner patch. Damn.

Hey I play to an old version so I downloaded the new and re-start but I want to ask if you can now have the enemies weapon like ragnarok without lava glitch and if you Nerf morva on the lagdou's ruin. This hack is so good by the way 😉