[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, Street Hero said:

Download Febuildergba, chose rom, open, menu-tools-patches and search "skills system debuff fixñ

I could not use it to apply the patch because it says "this cannot be used because it doesn't meet some conditions". So what am I supposed to do to fix that annoying glitch?

Edited by skywalker

On 9/14/2019 at 12:42 PM, skywalker said:

I could not use it to apply the patch because it says "this cannot be used because it doesn't meet some conditions". So what am I supposed to do to fix that annoying glitch?

That's because the patch was made for an older version of the skill system and is incompatible with the current one. Honestly, if I knew updating the skill system would cause so much trouble, I would not have done it. And now I can't even go back to the previous version without making the game crash. Nothing much to do except pestering the authors to release an update correcting those issues.

7 hours ago, bløød said:

That's because the patch was made for an older version of the skill system and is incompatible with the current one. Honestly, if I knew updating the skill system would cause so much trouble, I would not have done it. And now I can't even go back to the previous version without making the game crash. Nothing much to do except pestering the authors to release an update correcting those issues.

Everything seems ok when entering the ruin 1st floor but from the 2nd one and onward, my units' stats are messed up.

So there is nothing we can do to fix it, right? Well I guess I will have to bear with it then.

Edited by skywalker

On 9/24/2019 at 12:28 AM, Take Azelfie said:

Hey I just tried to promote Forde on the main map after Chapter 9 and it crashed the game. It seems that when I was over Paladin the sprite was acting wonky so I went back over to it and when he landed the attack part of his action it crashed the game.

You are the third person to report this issue, so I guess there's something wrong with the new custom animations. I reset them to vanilla, so try out the new patch and let me know what happens. 

On 9/17/2019 at 9:20 PM, skywalker said:

Everything seems ok when entering the ruin 1st floor but from the 2nd one and onward, my units' stats are messed up.

So there is nothing we can do to fix it, right? Well I guess I will have to bear with it then.

Sorry, I know it sucks 😞. I'm checking for updates regularly, so as soon as a fix comes up, I'll upload a new version with it.

By the way, new version is out. Just some graphical corrections and less enemies for Ephraim's chapter 11, because the difficulty spike was too real.

17 minutes ago, bløød said:

@eclipse or any other moderator, I'm having problems editing the original post of this thread. None of the changes I make are applied after the captcha thing. Is there a limit to the number of edits?

Yeah, sort of.

There's an invisible character limit, and I think your post hit it.  What you can do is completely remove the change log, and click Save.  I suggest moving the changes to a separate text file, and include it with your patch.

I am unaware if this has been pointed out before, but I noticed a bug with the Berserk staff and its affect on friendlies.  In Chapters 14 and 16, if an ally afflicted with berserk targeted another controllable (blue) unit, the game would crash.  Luckily, I managed to make it through Chapter 14 with the use of save states, but I have yet to get through Chapter 16 without encountering this bug.

I don't know if you are aware of this bug because i don't know if someone report it but when i try to promote Joshua to swordmaster the game show me the assassin promotion and then it freezes. I don't have a save because i completed the hack 3 days ago and delete the rom so ... i don't know if this report will help you or not, sorry.

Is there any way to restore the original title screen and make the unit stats screen to have FE7 colors and frames?

Also, it would be okay if I used those assets for my FE builder project? I would make sure to credit you if you allow it.

12 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Is there any way to restore the original title screen and make the unit stats screen to have FE7 colors and frames?

Also, it would be okay if I used those assets for my FE builder project? I would make sure to credit you if you allow it.

Pretty sure changing the title screen is something you edit in the "patches" area.

Enjoyed the romhack so far, that is until I encountered the berserk bug where having an ally attack another will result in crashing to the main menu. Then there's also the bug with my units having massive stat debuffs in Lagdou ruins after the first floor which basically means I can't do the dungeon until the bug is fixed. 

These two bugs are proly the most gamebreaking. The rest are tolerable. Hope they are fixed soon.

Alright guys, I got bad news, good news and then some more bad ones. After a lot of testing, I figured out what is causing the berserk glitch. It's the patch that allows summoners to gain EXP when their phantoms battle, which I installed way back in july. The bad news here is that FEBuilder does not allow me to remove the patch safely. Doing so makes the game crash on EVERY battle. This means that if I want to remove it, I will need to go back to a version prior to the july update and then apply all the modifications I did to the game since that day.

Regarding the debuff glitch, it *seems* simple enough to solve. Turns out I can uninstall the current version of the skill system and install its very first one from 2017. That version has the debuff glitch fixed. However, the selection of skills will become very limited, because there weren't many back then.

So, I guess I'll go back to the july version of my hack, before the summoner patch, install the old version of the skill system and add all the updates I released in the last few months. This may take some time, but it will fix the game breaking issues you've been reporting. 

PS: Some people have been reporting issues when promoting some units, but that has never happened to me, so I do not know where to start looking.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, DiogoJorge said:

To change the title screen on FEBuilder, just use the patch "256 color title background editor". To change the stat screen, just use the "status background" patch.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, DiogoJorge said:

Sure thing. I only made a few assets myself though. The majority of assets I used were made available by their authors on FE Universe's Repository. I still need to properly credit everyone for their work.

On 9/26/2019 at 3:05 PM, JPTimpani said:

I am unaware if this has been pointed out before, but I noticed a bug with the Berserk staff and its affect on friendlies.  In Chapters 14 and 16, if an ally afflicted with berserk targeted another controllable (blue) unit, the game would crash.  Luckily, I managed to make it through Chapter 14 with the use of save states, but I have yet to get through Chapter 16 without encountering this bug.

Thanks for the feedback, it's being worked on.

On 9/27/2019 at 1:42 PM, Dedesett said:

I don't know if you are aware of this bug because i don't know if someone report it but when i try to promote Joshua to swordmaster the game show me the assassin promotion and then it freezes. I don't have a save because i completed the hack 3 days ago and delete the rom so ... i don't know if this report will help you or not, sorry.

Thanks for the feedback. Which version were you using?

On 10/6/2019 at 11:46 AM, Bigotedone said:

Enjoyed the romhack so far, that is until I encountered the berserk bug where having an ally attack another will result in crashing to the main menu. Then there's also the bug with my units having massive stat debuffs in Lagdou ruins after the first floor which basically means I can't do the dungeon until the bug is fixed. 

These two bugs are proly the most gamebreaking. The rest are tolerable. Hope they are fixed soon.

Yep, these are pretty major issues. I think I have a solution for them, but it's gonna take some time. Read post above, please.

11 hours ago, WaywardTroper said:

I ran into that too at one point. if memory serves, there isn't an unarmed placeholder for joshua, so make sure he's equipped with a sword before you promote

Yes, i tried what you said and i can confirm that Joshua don't freeze the game anymore. Thank you WaywardTroper.

Blood, my problem is resolved so ... don't investigate any further because it's so simple and you just need to promote Joshua with a sword in his inventory.

Glad to hear it. I'll be sure to leave a warning about promoting units with equipped items.

FE ROM hacking has many limitations, and this issue was likely caused because of all the new animations I've been including in the hack. Since there's a limit of 255 battle animations, I had to overwrite unarmed animations with the custom ones, so I guess that's why units shouldn't promote without equipped weapons. However, I discovered another thing while looking into this issue. Many of the new map sprites were buggy, so I ran some tests and found out that there's also a limit of 128 map sprites. Going above that number is causing some units to glitch out of existence on the map, so I'll need to remove the exceeding ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn this looks cool. I probably won't play it until it's finished since i often don't like playing unfinished roms (unless it's already finished and i didn't read it anywhere.) But i will be trying this out later on.

Great patch! I've been having quite a lot of fun with it over the last few months! 😁
However, after starting a new playthrough and updating to the current version (I used to have "Sacred Trilogy 25-07 Random Growths With Minimug" before), I noticed that promoting Cormag to Wyvern Lord no longer gives him access to Axes despite the promotion menu description still mentioning it. In my original Eirika route save file he can still use axes, but they no longer have animations.
Also, for some reason promoting Joshua to Swordmaster gives him unpromoted Ephraim's map sprite (everything else about Joshua works fine though). Not fully sure if these issues are related to the battle animations/map sprite limitations you mentioned a few posts above, but I thought I'd just drop by and point them out.

Keep up with the great work!