[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

I just wanna let you know that you have made a grown ass man happy. This hack is the bomb. I still remember how awed i was when i saw those custom sprites for the cutthroats and other enemies. The quality of life mods, the new animations, the bosses that got my units killed. I love hard mode is now literally hard and forces you to think before you act. Everything really. I love what you did with FESS. Please keep it up. Thank you. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Neosonic97 said:

I'm doing my own playthrough of this and, well, I have some serious complaints about one of the early chapters.

Chapter 3, to be precise. In fact, it's one enemy in Chapter 3 that I have massive complaints about. That being the boss, Bazba. Namely, one very specific thing about Bazba...

WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU GIVE HIM SWORDBREAKER?!

Bazba having Swordbreaker, combined with his stats (this is on Normal, by the way), means that if your name isn't Seth, you literally just lose straight-up. Garcia sounds like he'd be a good choice, but he gets two-shot due to his low defense, and Moulder can't heal him enough to keep him alive. Eirika, Colm and Franz are right out. Franz because his stats aren't enough to make up for the fact that he has to use Lances to get an >0 hit rate on Bazba, and Eirika and Colm because Swordbreaker dumpsters their hit rates while giving Bazba high enough hit rates to reliably smash them (and they're frail). Neimi's not got enough bulk to survive a hit even when Bazba is using his Hand Axe. Vanessa gets dumpstered due to her low defense, Gilliam can't hit him for beans even if he's the only Non-Seth character who can survive more than one hit from the Steel Axe. And the less said about Ross, the better.

And if Bazba literally forces you to use Seth on Normal, then that makes me dread how one would fare against him on Hard.

I know that FE8 is often referred to as Seth Emblem, but this is straight-up ridiculous.

I'm playing on hard mode and I was surprised about Bazba as well. Tho in hard mode, he doesn't have a sword breaker, just a steel axe but has this skill that adds 50 hit and 50 evade if his foe is equipped with a sword. Tbh its fine by me that only Seth has the chance to beat him, i dont really use Seth unless really needed since other units need the exp so he's like my trump card made for bosses only. But that's just me. 

20 hours ago, Altale said:

I honestly would create one except blood mentioned about releasing a new patch with new skills and such. btw is the new patch coming out soon? 🙂

Nice, i'll try the new patch for the ephraim route, i've finished with eirika, i hope this new patch come soon.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, Windy said:

Hey, did you change Joshua's AI by any chance? Because, iirc, he's not supposed to attack Natasha.

Yeah, that's a known bug. I didn't change his AI, but it seems like the skill system broke it. The same happens with the gorgon eggs on chapter 18, which are also buggy.

On 6/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, Altale said:

I honestly would create one except blood mentioned about releasing a new patch with new skills and such. btw is the new patch coming out soon? 🙂

I'm not sure how to proceed, because I wanted to add a couple more stuff to the hack, but I reached the limit for the ROM memory. Honestly, I've just been taking a break from hacking lately.

21 hours ago, Neosonic97 said:

I'm doing my own playthrough of this and, well, I have some serious complaints about one of the early chapters.

Chapter 3, to be precise. In fact, it's one enemy in Chapter 3 that I have massive complaints about. That being the boss, Bazba. Namely, one very specific thing about Bazba...

WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU GIVE HIM SWORDBREAKER?!

Bazba having Swordbreaker, combined with his stats (this is on Normal, by the way), means that if your name isn't Seth, you literally just lose straight-up. Garcia sounds like he'd be a good choice, but he gets two-shot due to his low defense, and Moulder can't heal him enough to keep him alive. Eirika, Colm and Franz are right out. Franz because his stats aren't enough to make up for the fact that he has to use Lances to get an >0 hit rate on Bazba, and Eirika and Colm because Swordbreaker dumpsters their hit rates while giving Bazba high enough hit rates to reliably smash them (and they're frail). Neimi's not got enough bulk to survive a hit even when Bazba is using his Hand Axe. Vanessa gets dumpstered due to her low defense, Gilliam can't hit him for beans even if he's the only Non-Seth character who can survive more than one hit from the Steel Axe. And the less said about Ross, the better.

And if Bazba literally forces you to use Seth on Normal, then that makes me dread how one would fare against him on Hard.

I know that FE8 is often referred to as Seth Emblem, but this is straight-up ridiculous.

Thanks for the feedback (even though you could've been nicer about it). Most of the personal skills the bosses have were automatically assigned when I applied the skill system: they were chosen by the authors of the skill system. Your complaint is valid though, I'll give Bazba a different personal skill for the next update.

8 hours ago, Harken J said:

I just wanna let you know that you have made a grown ass man happy. This hack is the bomb. I still remember how awed i was when i saw those custom sprites for the cutthroats and other enemies. The quality of life mods, the new animations, the bosses that got my units killed. I love hard mode is now literally hard and forces you to think before you act. Everything really. I love what you did with FESS. Please keep it up. Thank you. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it. You know, I originally planned to make this hack only for myself, but posting it here and receiving feedback allowed me to continually improve it and learn new hacking techniques. It always feels good when people appreciate all the effort that went on this project.

4 hours ago, Arhuhamel said:

Nice, i'll try the new patch for the ephraim route, i've finished with eirika, i hope this new patch come soon.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't have an ETA for the new patch. I already fixed many bugs that were recently reported, but I have also reached the limit of memory for the ROM and can't include any more stuff. Because of this, I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm also waiting for 7743 to update the skill system, because some of the skills on the current version are not working correclty, like Flare and Imbue.

3 hours ago, bløød said:

Yeah, that's a known bug. I didn't change his AI, but it seems like the skill system broke it. The same happens with the gorgon eggs on chapter 18, which are also buggy.

I'm not sure how to proceed, because I wanted to add a couple more stuff to the hack, but I reached the limit for the ROM memory. Honestly, I've just been taking a break from hacking lately.

Thanks for the feedback (even though you could've been nicer about it). Most of the personal skills the bosses have were automatically assigned when I applied the skill system: they were chosen by the authors of the skill system. Your complaint is valid though, I'll give Bazba a different personal skill for the next update.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. You know, I originally planned to make this hack only for myself, but posting it here and receiving feedback allowed me to continually improve it and learn new hacking techniques. It always feels good when people appreciate all the effort that went on this project.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't have an ETA for the new patch. I already fixed many bugs that were recently reported, but I have also reached the limit of memory for the ROM and can't include any more stuff. Because of this, I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm also waiting for 7743 to update the skill system, because some of the skills on the current version are not working correclty, like Flare and Imbue.

Do not worry my friend, you already did an amazing job, you have my thanks, i've played your romhack very amazed, i can only thank you for your efforts, so thank you again.

Now let me ask you a question, do you have or you know another romhack with reskins (if rebalance comes together good, but i want more is a reskin) for the FE 6 and 7? I didn't find any other reskin for these games with the top quality of your FE 8 romhack, if you know, tell me please.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:55 PM, Arhuhamel said:

Now let me ask you a question, do you have or you know another romhack with reskins (if rebalance comes together good, but i want more is a reskin) for the FE 6 and 7? I didn't find any other reskin for these games with the top quality of your FE 8 romhack, if you know, tell me please.

You could check FE Universe's Fan game directory. Hackers tend to be much more active over there.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:34 AM, Arhuhamel said:

Let me ask something, in chapter 19, there is an enemy boss who is a gladiator class, there is a way to unlock this class with a playable character?

Some classes were supposed to be enemy exclusive. Due to a large number of people interested in using them, it may be possible for me to apply a patch that will allow some playable units to have access to a third promotion option. I might include this feature in the next patch.

Edited by bløød

On 6/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, Harken J said:

Man im having a blast playing through. Cant wait till I get ismaire tho. Im still ways away from it though. 

Glad to hear it. Since the newer versions of the skill system are buggy, I might release an update soon to address all the bugs that were reported recently.

I'm not very far through the hack, (chapter 5 Hard, to be precise,) but I'm really liking it so far! I don't mind Bazba having swordbreaker as it actually makes Neimi useful for once, and she can do a fair amount of damage with Rally speed/defense. However, I wouldn't be opposed to a different skill taking its place. Thank you for making this!

15 hours ago, Arhuhamel said:

Blood, Kyle does not promote in your hack, right? He always use the animations of the unpromoted Roy?

He is already a promoted unit. Intelligent Systems were lazy and didn't make animations for promoted Roy. He has a special animation for when he uses the binding blade, which is obtainable in this hack. Using it with Kyle will trigger the special animations.

14 hours ago, Benice said:

I'm not very far through the hack, (chapter 5 Hard, to be precise,) but I'm really liking it so far! I don't mind Bazba having swordbreaker as it actually makes Neimi useful for once, and she can do a fair amount of damage with Rally speed/defense. However, I wouldn't be opposed to a different skill taking its place. Thank you for making this!

You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying it.

10 hours ago, bløød said:

He is already a promoted unit. Intelligent Systems were lazy and didn't make animations for promoted Roy. He has a special animation for when he uses the binding blade, which is obtainable in this hack. Using it with Kyle will trigger the special animations.

You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying it.

Where can I find it?

On 6/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, bløød said:

Glad to hear it. Since the newer versions of the skill system are buggy, I might release an update soon to address all the bugs that were reported recently.

That's y Im taking my time playing. Im waiting for the skills update. Hope you finish it soon. Kudos to you. 

17 hours ago, Arhuhamel said:

Where can I find it?

It's a reward in the Lagdou Ruins

12 hours ago, Harken J said:

That's y Im taking my time playing. Im waiting for the skills update. Hope you finish it soon. Kudos to you. 

Well, there's not much I can do about the skills rather than wait for the authors to fix the bugs and update it. The next update to my hack will address bugs that I can fix and remove the skills that are not working correctly.

Ooh, side note that I forgot to mention:

I think that Mogalls need a minor nerf compared to the other enemies; in chapter 4, it took at least three of my not-Seth units to take them out; since they are flying, I think that adding bows to be effective against them would help as opposed to a stat nerf. Of course, that may be just me, but it always bothered me how Mogalls weren't weak to bows despite flying.

New version is up~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. Didn't expect to release a new version now, but here it is anyway. This update fixes most of the bugs that were reported recently. I also had to remove some skills that were not working correctly. Here's a breakdown:

- Implemented the (highly) requested feature of a third promotion option. All classes with the exception of the knight now have a third possible promotion. With that, all of the classes in the game are playable (except monsters). Do keep in mind that some of them may require a heavy investment of stat boosters to be viable, due to the STR/MAG split. Some of the palettes are better than others, but I tried my best.

-Some spells have better animations.

-Changed the minimug style from Kaitou to Runabox

-All classes can achieve multiple S ranks. This was also highly requested due to the variety of regalia in the game.

-The "magical" physical weapons (Light Brand, Wind Sword, Runesword, Bolt Axe, and Flame Lance) now function in the following manner. Their might is added to the user's MAG stat and target the enemy's DEF when used in melee or the enemy's RES when used as a ranged attack. They have also been better integrated into the game.

-Added the Bright Bow, which functions the same way as the other magical physical weapons.

-Improved map sprites, battle animations and palettes for some classes.

-Fixed the issue with the shops selling weird items

-Fixed a variety of minor bugs

-Some new classes were added

-Fixed the issue with minibosses beign underpowered late game. They should be a little weak from level 1 to 4 (so they won't be broken in the early chapters) and get stronger than the regular enemies starting from level 5.

-Poison damage has been reworked. Poison will deal low damage in early game, but it will gradually increase as the player progresses through the game. In the final chapters, it can deal as much as 20 points of damage. Don't underestimate enemies with poison weapons!

-Some classes have had their HP caps expanded (up to a maximum of 80)

Have fun!

11 minutes ago, bløød said:

Implemented the (highly) requested feature of a third promotion option. All classes with the exception of the knight now have a third possible promotion. With that, all of the classes in the game are playable (except monsters). Do keep in mind that some of them may require a heavy investment of stat boosters to be viable, due to the STR/MAG split. Some of the palettes are better than others, but I tried my best.

Woohoo! Looking forwards to this! Thank you again for putting all of this work into this project.

Edited by Benice

5 hours ago, bløød said:

Hey guys. Didn't expect to release a new version now, but here it is anyway. This update fixes most of the bugs that were reported recently. I also had to remove some skills that were not working correctly. Here's a breakdown:

- Implemented the (highly) requested feature of a third promotion option. All classes with the exception of the knight now have a third possible promotion. With that, all of the classes in the game are playable (except monsters). Do keep in mind that some of them may require a heavy investment of stat boosters to be viable, due to the STR/MAG split. Some of the palettes are better than others, but I tried my best.

-All classes can achieve multiple S ranks. This was also highly requested due to the variety of regalia in the game.

-The "magical" physical weapons (Light Brand, Wind Sword, Runesword, Bolt Axe, and Flame Lance) now function in the following manner. Their might is added to the user's MAG stat and target the enemy's DEF when used in melee or the enemy's RES when used as a ranged attack. They have also been better integrated into the game.

-Added the Bright Bow, which functions the same way as the other magical physical weapons.

-Fixed the issue with minibosses beign underpowered late game. They should be a little weak from level 1 to 4 (so they won't be broken in the early chapters) and get stronger than the regular enemies starting from level 5.

-Poison damage has been reworked. Poison will deal low damage in early game, but it will gradually increase as the player progresses through the game. In the final chapters, it can deal as much as 20 points of damage. Don't underestimate enemies with poison weapons!

Have fun!

Finally its out! Downloading now! 

Sorry, guys. It was late, I was tired and I forgot to mention these 4 other changes:

- The portraits blink in the status screen.

- The enemy AI was tweaked. Enemies will not attack units which they deal 0 damage to.

- One major problem that arrised when I increased enemie's levels was that playable units would receive massive amounts of EXP. Anyone who has already played this hack noticed how their units would be 4-5 levels stronger than the enemies. In order to minimize this problem, I reduced the amount of EXP earned to roughly 80%.

- Leadership star bonuses have been nerfed. Each star now gives +2 to hit and avoid rates. I felt like the previous bonuses were punishing players who didn't use the royals on their team.

1 hour ago, bløød said:

Sorry, guys. It was late, I was tired and I forgot to mention these 4 other changes:

- The enemy AI was tweaked. Enemies will not attack units which they deal 0 damage to.

- One major problem that arrised when I increased enemie's levels was that playable units would receive massive amounts of EXP. Anyone who has already played this hack noticed how their units would be 4-5 levels stronger than the enemies. In order to minimize this problem, I reduced the amount of EXP earned to roughly 80%.

- Leadership star bonuses have been nerfed. Each star now gives +2 to hit and avoid rates. I felt like the previous bonuses were punishing players who didn't use the royals on their team.

1 - It's amazing.

2 - That explain why some units don't attack Seth, good to know and a nice change.

3 - I was wondering why my units (except the ones with Paragon) level up so slow, good to know.

4 - I can't say anything on this point because i never paid attention to the stars, but good to know that they are better.

Edited by Dedesett

20 hours ago, bløød said:

Have fun!

Thank you Blood, you are awesome!

But......sorry to bother you, but, you have the new class tree to post here? Because we can know better on who to invest xp, like the trainees for example, let's take Ross, if you turn him into a pirate, you lock the fighter tree, you can't make him become a hero, so with the new classes.....we don't know wich class you be on the tree.

2 hours ago, Arhuhamel said:

But......sorry to bother you, but, you have the new class tree to post here? Because we can know better on who to invest xp, like the trainees for example, let's take Ross, if you turn him into a pirate, you lock the fighter tree, you can't make him become a hero, so with the new classes.....we don't know wich class you be on the tree.

Sure thing. I updated the main post with a link to the promotion chart and also updated the skill list for the current version.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:10 PM, bløød said:

Oh so that's why. Anyway I love the improvements but found a glitch with moulder promoting to war monk. When you highlight war monk the screen glitches and freezes game. A workaround is to press A button quickly so it wont freeze na game.