[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

bløød

Nice, thank you for all the time you spent making this. I will play it right now. I will put my feedback when i finish the hack, thanks again.

And don't worry about Lagdou Ruins, take your time with them.

1- I don't know if this is a bug or not but the "supply" menu is not appearing on Eirika when i click her neither the allies can access the supply.

2 - When you  promote Natasha and Moulder glitch out the promotion screen, like you said, but it's not that bad.

3 - If you enter a skirmish where a mission happened the game will think that you need to do the mission again.

4 - You can't retreat from a skirmish or from Valni Tower.

5 - In chapter 18 when you attack a Gorgon or the Gorgon attacks you if she has equipped the weapon "stone" the screen freeze in the act. I don't know if this happen in other skirmish (see point 3). Yes, the chapter 18 is possible to complete but you need to be very fast and kill the Gorgons with "Stone" before they equip the "Stone" weapon or you will freeze the game.

6 - I don't know why but the unit who has the gold lance will softlock the game in you click on him/her. This happen in the "manage items" options when you are in the map and in in the preparations screen.

Edited by Dedesett

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Dedesett said:

bløød

Nice, thank you for all the time you spent making this. I will play it right now. I will put my feedback when i finish the hack, thanks again.

And don't worry about Lagdou Ruins, take your time with them.

1- I don't know if this is a bug or not but the "supply" menu is not appearing on Eirika when i click her neither the allies can access the supply.

2 - When you  promote Natasha and Moulder glitch out the promotion screen, like you said, but it's not that bad.

3 - If you enter a skirmish where a mission happened the game will think that you need to do the mission again.

4 - You can't retreat from a skirmish or from Valni Tower.

5 - In chapter 18 when you attack a Gorgon or the Gorgon attacks you if she has equipped the weapon "stone" the screen freeze in the act. I don't know if this happen in other skirmish (see point 3). I can't complete the chapter because a Gorgon that isn't inside an egg has "Stone" making impossible to complete the chapter.

Everythings else works well, like the custom animations, the weapons, the characters, the chapters (except 18), the anima triangle, the skills.

Damn, that was fast. I already got in touch with 7743 and relayed some of the issues to him.

1. That is not intended. It seems the latest update of the skill system has messed up some of the basic functions of the game. 7743 already responded to this and said that units will need a specific skill to have access to the convoy. This means I would need to replace Ephraims's and Eirika's personal skills with this one.

2. Strange, I may have messed up assigning the correct animations to them. What class did you promote them to? Bishop?

3, 4 and 5 - Again, it seems the skill system is the culprit. I guess doing all those crazy changes and spliting STR from MAG took a price and messed up the basic functionalities. Another hacker has also already reported the issue 5 to 7743. I'm gonna report the other 2 to him, but I think we'll either have to wait for an update on the skill system or I'll have to devise a workaround.

2 hours ago, bløød said:

Damn, that was fast. I already got in touch with 7743 and relayed some of the issues to him.

1. That is not intended. It seems the latest update of the skill system has messed up some of the basic functions of the game. 7743 already responded to this and said that units will need a specific skill to have access to the convoy. This means I would need to replace Ephraims's and Eirika's personal skills with this one.

2. Strange, I may have messed up assigning the correct animations to them. What class did you promote them to? Bishop?

3, 4 and 5 - Again, it seems the skill system is the culprit. I guess doing all those crazy changes and spliting STR from MAG took a price and messed up the basic functionalities. Another hacker has also already reported the issue 5 to 7743. I'm gonna report the other 2 to him, but I think we'll either have to wait for an update on the skill system or I'll have to devise a workaround.

Check again my post, i edited with new info but i will add that info here as well.

2 - Yes, i promoted them to Bishop.

5 - Yes, the chapter 18 is possible to complete but you need to be very fast and kill the Gorgons with "Stone" before they equip the "Stone" weapon or you will freeze the game. In chapter 20 the Gorgons has the "Stone" weapon making almost imposible to pass that chapter unless you have 4 flying units al 20/20 (because you need to go in an expecific route to avoid all contact with the Gorgons) and even with that the monsters are hards as fuck but that's not a problem it's a good challenge (i'm even playing on easy mode LOL)

6 - I don't know why but the unit who has the gold lance will softlock the game in you click on him/her. This happen in the "manage items" options when you are in the map and in in the preparations screen.

NEW 1 - The stats bug or glitch is still present if you face a lot of monsters. In Melkaen Coast are like 50 enemies and you can see there this happening.

The update is good but 7743 did a "good" job with the skill system hahahaha

BTW, a workaround could be to delete the "Stone" weapon, no?

Edited by Dedesett

On 2/21/2020 at 3:13 AM, Mattyboyjr06 said:

Have been playing this hack for a fair while now and it's extremely well done and fun to play. A suggestion for the post-game which I personally feel would be a nice addition however would be adding the pseudo-legendary S rank fe7 weapons (Rex hasta, Regal sword, Rienfleche etc) as high tier lagdou ruins loot or items from the shop. While they're high in might and hit, they require S-rank's and some have a significant weight (20 weight Gespenst) while not possessing any sort of effective damage (compared to the actual legendary weapons like Maltet which give stat boosts too) aside from Rienfleche on archers. Regardless, I'm hyped for the next update as it sounds like there's a lot of amazing content coming for an already great hack. 

It's not that I don't want to include those weapons, but I am already using all the available slots for items. I already had to make hard choices on which ones to keep and which to remove.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:39 PM, LettuceAway said:

personally im more into canto+ idea. moving after attack is pretty cool and if it were too OP why not limit it to main characters with special class? like Seth and Duessel, they all both are living legend in the story, adding canto+ to them wont break the game

For the creature campaign characters, they all designed to be OP even in vanilla game so why not? and beside we dont have multilink arena right? so there's no need to make all around balanced rosters. a couple OP character here and there wont hurt the experience. furthermore, Lagdou ruin is no joke and I freaking love it.

EDIT: I found a minor bug, seems that when you die from ranged attack without animation, the death quote wont trigger thus game over screen doesnt appear and your game will continue but with constant teared windows. I tested with melee off worked just fine. I am currently playing Eirika's with VBA on PC. Again its pretty minor because you WILL reload anyway if one of your character dies, at least for me. here's the SS

EDIT: so I just tested again, after I kill the skeleton and die due to ranged attack from boss without animation. surprise, no bug. It worked normally, Eirika dies, she talks and game over. So probably due to consecutive ranged attack off animation? Anyway id say is pretty negligible so thats that

fireemblem.png

Yeah, I'm gonna put the blame of this one on the skill system as well. It must be conflicting with the minimugs (assuming you're using them).

On 2/21/2020 at 2:05 PM, judge09 said:

Else, can you make an area in the last dungeon level ? Knowing it's the Endgame, and after you can do nothing, i think an arena in this last dungeon can be a good reward.

Else there is a bug with Myrh when she uses the new stone, her animation is broken so the game crash. 

I'm considering doing something like that for Melkaen Coast. I never made a map before, so it may take some time. Also, I believe I corrected the animation for Myrrh's second dragonstone.

On 2/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, Qewe said:

does this can be randomized classes and skills ?

If you're mentioning Circle's self randomizer, it probably doesn't work because it will throw a lot of my edits off the roof. I don't even think you'll be able to patch without errors.

Again with things to report.

1 - In chapter 9 of Ephraim's route, the mini boss is a ship on land with a Lance that obviously he can't use.

2 - I don't know why but my Lute Sage keeps gaining +1 to Magic even when she has 30. It doesn't break anything neither the statistic goes up. Actually, Lute is not the only one with this problem. A lot of unit with STR or MAG capped will have this problem. Like i said, it doesn't break the game or anything, only show the +1 in the level up menu and that's all.

3 - Duessel in Emphraim's route is a Great Knight instead of Gold Knight. I don't remember if in Eirikia's route come as a Gold Knight. Unless you didn't change Duessel. In that case it's my fault and this point it's useless.

4 - If you promote Amelia to Soldier, you can't promote her to Tier 3 because no evolution item works with her.

I'm sorry, looks like the only things that i said are bad things about this but rest assured, the update is amazing.

Edited by Dedesett

On 2/22/2020 at 1:50 AM, Dedesett said:

6 - I don't know why but the unit who has the gold lance will softlock the game in you click on him/her. This happen in the "manage items" options when you are in the map and in in the preparations screen.

I'll take a look and see if any part of the data was not edited properly.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:02 PM, Dedesett said:

NEW 1 - The stats bug or glitch is still present if you face a lot of monsters. In Melkaen Coast are like 50 enemies and you can see there this happening.

I haven't edited Melkaen Coast yet, but if the problem is caused by too many enemies on the map, I'll simply break them down into reinforcements. The same is true for some floors of Lagdou Ruins

8 hours ago, Dedesett said:

1 - In chapter 9 of Ephraim's route, the mini boss is a ship on land with a Lance that obviously he can't use.

That's on me, already fixed it.

2 - I don't know why but my Lute Sage keeps gaining +1 to Magic even when she has 30. It doesn't break anything neither the statistic goes up. Actually, Lute is not the only one with this problem. A lot of unit with STR or MAG capped will have this problem. Like i said, it doesn't break the game or anything, only show the +1 in the level up menu and that's all.

Skill system at it again...will report this to 7743

3 - Duessel in Emphraim's route is a Great Knight instead of Gold Knight. I don't remember if in Eirikia's route come as a Gold Knight. Unless you didn't change Duessel. In that case it's my fault and this point it's useless.

Also on me. Also fixed it already.

4 - If you promote Amelia to Soldier, you can't promote her to Tier 3 because no evolution item works with her.

Also on me...... I set the wrong promotion. The item is usable by her recruit class, not the soldier. Fixed it too.

I'm sorry, looks like the only things that i said are bad things about this but rest assured, the update is amazing.

Not at all. I thank you for all the feedback and reports. The bad thing about beign a one-person team is that I don't have any sort of quality assurance, so I rely on player feedback.

On a separate note, I gotta say that overall, I'm very disappointed with the latest update of the skill system. It sure is fun for everything it adds to the game, but the cost of implementing it is too high. It also comes with a myriad of bugs and problems, so it is very unreliable. I think that at this point, it is just not worth it. 7743 responded to my reports saying that he is already working on a fix for the stone issue and the retreat command for the Tower of Valni. However, if I correctly understood his google-translated english, I believe he is not gonna work on a fix for skirmishes and I'll basically have to remove them if I want to keep the skill system. Here's what he said:

894113303_Capturadetela2020-02-2315_25_31.thumb.png.d37070b8b6cf992bf980c497849ce193.png

2 hours ago, bløød said:

I'll take a look and see if any part of the data was not edited properly.

I haven't edited Melkaen Coast yet, but if the problem is caused by too many enemies on the map, I'll simply break them down into reinforcements. The same is true for some floors of Lagdou Ruins

That's on me, already fixed it.

Skill system at it again...will report this to 7743

Also on me. Also fixed it already.

Also on me...... I set the wrong promotion. The item is usable by her recruit class, not the soldier. Fixed it too.

Not at all. I thank you for all the feedback and reports. The bad thing about beign a one-person team is that I don't have any sort of quality assurance, so I rely on player feedback.

On a separate note, I gotta say that overall, I'm very disappointed with the latest update of the skill system. It sure is fun for everything it adds to the game, but the cost of implementing it is too high. It also comes with a myriad of bugs and problems, so it is very unreliable. I think that at this point, it is just not worth it. 7743 responded to my reports saying that he is already working on a fix for the stone issue and the retreat command for the Tower of Valni. However, if I correctly understood his google-translated english, I believe he is not gonna work on a fix for skirmishes and I'll basically have to remove them if I want to keep the skill system. Here's what he said:

894113303_Capturadetela2020-02-2315_25_31.thumb.png.d37070b8b6cf992bf980c497849ce193.png

The problem with skirmishes is that you play that chapter of the story like if you have never beat them. If the only solution for that is disabling the skirmishes then you will have to do that. This skills system brings more headpain that fun hahaha

The retreat command works very well if you fucked up the team's composition or if you want to leave because you click the wrong tile on the map. If you beat, for example, the first level of the Valni's Tower, you can leave the map when you get the promp to acces the second level so it's not a big deal. I will test what happen if you beat a skirmish, i never tried because i was afraid that it will corrupt something.

I tested it and something funny happen, if you unit was an enemy (like Cormag) that unit will come with whatever you left in his inventory and with the level that you trained him but if it's a "green" unit then the unit "reset" and he will be back to his initial level and initial inventory.

You can recruit both, red and green units, but only the red ones will have his previous level and items, the green one resets. You can beat the level and save and nothing will break, even better, you can farm whatever "story" or village thing were there so.

Forget about the green units not keeping the level and items, that's wrong. The only green unit that will not keep his inventory is Duessel. I tested with chapter 12 of Eirika's route and Innes, Tethis and Gerik keep the invetory and level.

Edited by Dedesett

so ive been snooping around for this couple of days. I also trying to learn febuilder just because I want to create a custom small campaign in FE8 somedays later (maybe.... probably...some time....)

yeah I also noticed that the newest builder offers more problem than the previous one. it makes me think, can you revert back? Only use the str and mag split but with the old skill system? I also notice that the some of the new skills are blank named and you can find it in all extend skill name txt. Im a total noob but I dont think that should happen. sure its registered in the game, but the name it self, when you assign it to the unit, it draws blank

And does the new builder offer more maximum custom animation/unit than the old one? If its not, i say revert back is not a bad option.

Neither Morva or any Draco Zombie can use the Wretched Air.

If you have Animations active Dragonstone+ will softlock the game.

You can beat the game and then play the Creature Campaign without any problem, that works fine.

Edited by Dedesett

New version released. Inlcudes several fixes for the previous version. (Thanks a lot, @Dedesett)

-Morva and Draco Zombies can use their breaths
-Amelia can be correctly promoted
-Fixed palettes for some classes
-Dragonstone+ had to be removed because its implementation is harder than it seems. Dragonstone has been buffed
-Fixed the issue with "Stone" freezing the game
-Fixed the issue with weapon triangle giving double bonuses
-Fixed a miniboss in Ephraim's chapter 9 beign a fleet
-Duessel joins with his correct class in Ephraim's chapter 10
-Supposedly fixed the issue with lords beign unable to access the supply (needs testing)

Unfortunately, the bugs related to skirmishes and tower of valni remains...

11 hours ago, bløød said:

New version released. Inlcudes several fixes for the previous version. (Thanks a lot, @Dedesett)

-Morva and Draco Zombies can use their breaths
-Amelia can be correctly promoted
-Fixed palettes for some classes
-Dragonstone+ had to be removed because its implementation is harder than it seems. Dragonstone has been buffed
-Fixed the issue with "Stone" freezing the game
-Fixed the issue with weapon triangle giving double bonuses
-Fixed a miniboss in Ephraim's chapter 9 beign a fleet
-Duessel joins with his correct class in Ephraim's chapter 10
-Supposedly fixed the issue with lords beign unable to access the supply (needs testing)

Unfortunately, the bugs related to skirmishes and tower of valni remains...

I came back from beating the game so let's get started.

Morva and Draco Zombies? Fixed, thanks.

Amelia promotion? Fixed, thanks.

The "Stone" item from Gorgons? Fixed, thanks.

Weapon triangle? I can't say anything about it because i didn't know about it, sorry.

Miniboss in Ephraim's route on chapter 9? Fixed, thanks.

Duessel now join as a Gold Knight in Ephraim's route thanks.

Before chapter 9 the supply works fine. But if you choose Eirika's route then Epharim won't be able to enter the supply by himself. And if you play Ephraim's route then Eirika won't be able to enter the supply by herself.

BTW it's seems the the Gold Lance menu softlock don't happen now, did you fixed or maybe it was a bug related to other thing?

And now 3 separate things,

1 - What will happen with skirmishes, will you delete them or we will have to avoid them?

2 - What will happen with Melkaen coast and Lagdou Ruins? Will you reduce the number of enemies? Because the "stats" bug still happen.

3 - This is finally a happy point (YAY), Amelia's Paladin palette is so beautiful, it was hard to decide if promote her to Halberdier or Paladin, nicely done.

And thats all from me, i think i have everything. Thanks for fixing everything so quickly.

31 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

Before chapter 9 the supply works fine. But if you choose Eirika's route then Epharim won't be able to enter the supply by himself. And if you play Ephraim's route then Eirika won't be able to enter the supply by herself.

But that is normal, even in the vanilla game. Only the main lord can access the supply.

31 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

BTW it's seems the the Gold Lance menu softlock don't happen now, did you fixed or maybe it was a bug related to other thing?

I didn't do anything about it. I tested it in my game and it didn't have any problems, so I guess it was related to something else that 7743 fixed afterwards.

33 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

1 - What will happen with skirmishes, will you delete them or we will have to avoid them?

Actually, it seems 7743 has fixed that issue.

1974781732_Capturadetela2020-02-2512_34_49.thumb.png.0fb1ff8a1c5ba1d0452a6c14a11c1486.png1330096117_Capturadetela2020-02-2512_35_21.thumb.png.31ecc8000e77c4c75434e12176c03bfc.png

If you could test that for me or send me your save file, I would be grateful.

35 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

2 - What will happen with Melkaen coast and Lagdou Ruins? Will you reduce the number of enemies? Because the "stats" bug still happen.

For Lagdou Ruins, I'm gonna break down the number of enemies into reinforcements. If that doesn't fix the issue, I'm just gonna reduce the number of enemies.
For Melkaen Coast, I may turn that into a dungeon or something with a new challenge.

36 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

3 - This is finally a happy point (YAY), Amelia's Paladin palette is so beautiful, it was hard to decide if promote her to Halberdier or Paladin, nicely done.

Thanks! I did spend quite some time trying to make nice palettes for everyone.

By the way, there's another update incoming. I just noticed that the knights don't have scripted animations for melee attacks with hand axes, so they can softlock the game. I'm also going to correct the dodge animation of the male bishop, because the original file doesn't have that scripted for some reason.

1 hour ago, bløød said:

But that is normal, even in the vanilla game. Only the main lord can access the supply.

I didn't do anything about it. I tested it in my game and it didn't have any problems, so I guess it was related to something else that 7743 fixed afterwards.

Actually, it seems 7743 has fixed that issue.

1974781732_Capturadetela2020-02-2512_34_49.thumb.png.0fb1ff8a1c5ba1d0452a6c14a11c1486.png1330096117_Capturadetela2020-02-2512_35_21.thumb.png.31ecc8000e77c4c75434e12176c03bfc.png

If you could test that for me or send me your save file, I would be grateful.

For Lagdou Ruins, I'm gonna break down the number of enemies into reinforcements. If that doesn't fix the issue, I'm just gonna reduce the number of enemies.
For Melkaen Coast, I may turn that into a dungeon or something with a new challenge.

Thanks! I did spend quite some time trying to make nice palettes for everyone.

By the way, there's another update incoming. I just noticed that the knights don't have scripted animations for melee attacks with hand axes, so they can softlock the game. I'm also going to correct the dodge animation of the male bishop, because the original file doesn't have that scripted for some reason.

I don't know why you want my save file, but here you go (i think i did this correct)

I didn't know that in vanilla that only the main Lord could acces the supply, good to know.

One thing that i didn't ask so far, can i use the same sav for any update that fix bugs? I mean, can i use the actual ups file (the bishop and knight fix) with the previous one (the one you upload yesterday) (I hope that i explained it well)

Fire Emblem.sav

Edited by Dedesett

5 hours ago, Dedesett said:

I don't know why you want my save file, but here you go (i think i did this correct)

FEBuilder allows me to edit every chapter, but it doesn't allow me to play in any specific one. That means I have to start a new game and reach a specific chapter to check if everything is working in-game. I asked for your save file so I could check whether the skirmishes/tower of valni are working properly. I thank you for your help, but I must also know which version you are playing so that I can use your save.

5 hours ago, Dedesett said:

One thing that i didn't ask so far, can i use the same sav for any update that fix bugs? I mean, can i use the actual ups file (the bishop and knight fix) with the previous one (the one you upload yesterday) (I hope that i explained it well)

Yes, the versions I released lately are all compatible with each other. As I explained to another player:

You can use the save file from the previous version for the newer version. It just needs to have the same name of the game and to be in the same folder. For example:

Assume you have named the game as “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.gba” in your pc. In the same folder, there will be the save file named “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.sav”. Now, download the newer ups file and apply to a clean FE8 rom. Then name it “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Now go back to the ver 2-6 save file and rename it to “Sacred Trilogy Final.sav” and place it in the same folder as “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Open your emulator, run the game and choose the option to restart chapter in the game menu. You are now playing the newest version with a save file from an older version.

7 hours ago, bløød said:

FEBuilder allows me to edit every chapter, but it doesn't allow me to play in any specific one. That means I have to start a new game and reach a specific chapter to check if everything is working in-game. I asked for your save file so I could check whether the skirmishes/tower of valni are working properly. I thank you for your help, but I must also know which version you are playing so that I can use your save.

The save i put it's the version prior to the fix for the bishop and knight.

Edited by Dedesett

1 hour ago, Dedesett said:

Random with minimugs.

Thank you. I tested the newest version from your save and unfortunately, the problem with skirmishes and the tower persisted. But right afterwards I sent a report to 7743 (poor guy) and he already responded with a fix.

L2XOptU.pngJdedj8h.png

With that, all the major issues introduced with the latest version of the skill system have been fixed, and the hack is playable from beginning to end without any major issues. Thank God...

Gimme some time to tiddy everything up and I'll release an update. Thanks again for all the help.

Edited by bløød

3 hours ago, bløød said:

Thank you. I tested the newest version from your save and unfortunately, the problem with skirmishes and the tower persisted. But right afterwards I sent a report to 7743 (poor guy) and he already responded with a fix.

L2XOptU.pngJdedj8h.png

With that, all the major issues introduced with the latest version of the skill system have been fixed, and the hack is playable from beginning to end without any major issues. Thank God...

Gimme some time to tiddy everything up and I'll release an update. Thanks again for all the help.

bløød 

Nice to hear that finally all things are fixed, thank you and 7743.

Edited by Dedesett

New version is up. This one fixes the issue with skirmishes and Tower of Valni. The hack is now playable from start to finish without any major issues. This will probably be the last updtae before I finish Lagdou Ruins.

1 hour ago, bløød said:

New version is up. This one fixes the issue with skirmishes and Tower of Valni. The hack is now playable from start to finish without any major issues. This will probably be the last updtae before I finish Lagdou Ruins.

That was fast, thank you. BTW, what are you using to have that font in game? 

1 - Did you change some icons of the weapons?

2 - Yes, skirmishes and Tower of Valni now work properly and they have the retreat command, thanks.

Edited by Dedesett

If I want to play a newer version of the game do I have to start again from the beginning or can I use the same .sg file for VBA? Im on chapter 18 on the 2-20-20 version and want to download the newer one. Don't feel like starting from chapter 1 again 😃

On 2/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, bløød said:

It's not that I don't want to include those weapons, but I am already using all the available slots for items. I already had to make hard choices on which ones to keep and which to remove.

Hmm, that's a real shame regarding the item slot limit. Perhaps using a universal promotion item could free up a couple slots i.e. removing guiding rings and hero crests etc, just leaving the master seal, solar & lunar braces (maybe even unify them into an item called "astral brace" or something to save another slot) and the ocean seal. Though that's an unfortunate compromise at best. The only other thing that I could think of would be to remove useless items such as the juna fruit and the incorrectly coded aircalibur and maybe unify the effects of the antitoxin and elixirs so the new elixirs would both fully regen health and cure poison while removing the antitoxin item to free up another slot.