[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

On 8/12/2019 at 5:09 PM, Pioupiou said:

Hey I play to an old version so I downloaded the new and re-start but I want to ask if you can now have the enemies weapon like ragnarok without lava glitch and if you Nerf morva on the lagdou's ruin. This hack is so good by the way 😉

Thank you! Yes, I nerfed Morva a little bit by reducing his DEF and RES. He should be easier now. Regarding the weapons, the whole point of them beign exclusive to enemies is to make them more challenging for post-game activity. Allowing the player to use such weapons would be counterintuitive, no?

7 hours ago, YurickLavada said:

Playing the final (2019.07.25) version and I love it! 🙂 Are you planning any other hacks in the future?

Glad to hear it! Yes, I already have an interesting plot in mind for an original hack. What I don't have, unfortunately, is spare time. I will start working on it eventually.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, turns out the status ailments bug is beign caused by the skill "boon" that was introduced in the latest update of the skill system. I got in touch with one of the authors and a fix already exists, I'm just waiting for them to release on the next update.

Meanwhile, I've been updating some of the battle animations for some units. Since I will need to release a new version to fix the status bug, I'll also include the changes in it. Here's a preview though.

-L'Arachel will have exclusive battle animations for her Valkyrie promotion
A2SymDYb.png

-Marisa will have exclusive battle animations for her base Myrmidon class and her Swordmaster promotion
suon6eMb.png

-Innes will have exclusive battle animations
0kcTzbSb.png

-Lute will have exclusive battle animations for her Sage promotion
AMh08ekb.png

-Neimi will have exclusive battle animations for her Sniper promotion
JDR48Stb.png

-Paladins will have a helmetless new look
pkCAc3Cb.png

-Duessel will have an exclusive battle animation
SsTxc7kb.png

-Eirika will have a new exclusive battle animation for her alternative promotion
7YP2C5mb.png

That's all for now.

Edit: Here are some GIF's to showcase them better.

arcm_ar1.gif

drmm_sp1.gif

genm_sw1.gif

kawas.gif

myrf_sw1.gif

myrm_sw1.gif

pakm_sw1.gif

sagf_mg1.gif

snif_ar1.gif

snim_ar1.gif

swmf_sw1.gif

swmm_sw1.gif

valf_mg1.gif

Edited by bløød

If I may critique something though (and feel free to disregard this as I am a nobody lol) but I didn't particularly like Selena as a Dark Knight, if for no reason reason than she looked like a generic DK from Fates (with that skull face). I feel that if she had a helmet-less look, it would be more aesthetically pleasing.

Excellent hack! Really been a trip down memory lane with a good bit of freshness added.

I will say that I seem to be locked to the 5 support conversations even though the original post says that it can go up to 10.

I only discovered this on Chapter 17 because my Natasha has B Joshua, C Seth, C Cormag, and C Franz and seems to be capped out. 😞

Is there any way for me to fix this? I had a whole spreadsheet of supports planned out on the assumption that the 10 convos was a feature.

15 hours ago, YurickLavada said:

If I may critique something though (and feel free to disregard this as I am a nobody lol) but I didn't particularly like Selena as a Dark Knight, if for no reason reason than she looked like a generic DK from Fates (with that skull face). I feel that if she had a helmet-less look, it would be more aesthetically pleasing.

I felt the same way, so I've been working on something special for her. You're gonna love this.

The animation is not mine though. I just made a repalette to fit Selena. It is the holy sage custom animation by Luerock and Pikmin1211. It will also be on the next update.

selena.gif

2 hours ago, bløød said:

I felt the same way, so I've been working on something special for her. You're gonna love this.

The animation is not mine though. I just made a repalette to fit Selena. It is the holy sage custom animation by Luerock and Pikmin1211. It will also be on the next update.

selena.gif

You're right, I do love it 😄

Hey guys, figure I'd release an update with all the new battle animations since I don't really know when the authors of the skill system will update it. As always, you shall be the guinea pigs brave testers who shall report any bugs you may find. Aside from the graphs, I made a substancial change to Myrrh. I felt like she got nerfed too hard, so to make up for that fact, her dragonstone now has 1-2 range to increase her survivability. There is also a second type of dragonstone in the game that she can use. I also updated weapon icons and some map sprites. There is now a boss in Lagdou Ruins that drops a hammerne staff, since they are fairly rare. I also switched Seth's and Orson's battle animations and map sprites, as I felt like it fit them better. Have at it.

7 hours ago, cleverfool27 said:

Excellent hack! Really been a trip down memory lane with a good bit of freshness added.

I will say that I seem to be locked to the 5 support conversations even though the original post says that it can go up to 10.

I only discovered this on Chapter 17 because my Natasha has B Joshua, C Seth, C Cormag, and C Franz and seems to be capped out. 😞

Is there any way for me to fix this? I had a whole spreadsheet of supports planned out on the assumption that the 10 convos was a feature.

Are you absolutely sure she can't get any more supports? I know for a fact that the game will display the maximum number of supports as 5, but I think you can get to 10 regardless of it. 

20 minutes ago, bløød said:

Hey guys, figure I'd release an update with all the new battle animations since I don't really know when the authors of the skill system will update it. As always, you shall be the guinea pigs brave testers who shall report any bugs you may find. Aside from the graphs, I made a substancial change to Myrrh. I felt like she got nerfed too hard, so to make up for that fact, her dragonstone now has 1-2 range to increase her survivability. There is also a second type of dragonstone in the game that she can use. I also updated weapon icons and some map sprites. There is now a boss in Lagdou Ruins that drops a hammerne staff, since they are fairly rare. I also switched Seth's and Orson's battle animations and map sprites, as I felt like it fit them better. Have at it.

My Emulator is ready 😠

6 hours ago, bløød said:

Are you absolutely sure she can't get any more supports? I know for a fact that the game will display the maximum number of supports as 5, but I think you can get to 10 regardless of it. 

I've had Franz and Joshua standing next to Natasha for 300 turns in Tower of Valni. Other supports have been available for a long while (Gerik Joshua have had the option since they aren't maxed out yet).

EDIT: I can send you my save if you'd like.

Edited by cleverfool27

On 8/17/2019 at 12:24 AM, bløød said:

Thank you! Yes, I nerfed Morva a little bit by reducing his DEF and RES. He should be easier now. Regarding the weapons, the whole point of them beign exclusive to enemies is to make them more challenging for post-game activity. Allowing the player to use such weapons would be counterintuitive, no?

Glad to hear it! Yes, I already have an interesting plot in mind for an original hack. What I don't have, unfortunately, is spare time. I will start working on it eventually.

It's juste that the enemies weapons animation (like ragnarok) are sooo cool and I want to use them aha but yes that's counterintuitive 

Ok, so I screwed up with yesterday's update. There was a wild Innes on the prologue (which strangely nobody noticed) and there were incorrect map sprites for Seth and Duessel. 

Also, 7743 helped me to temporarily remove the "Boon" skill so the status ailment bug is gone, YAY!

Edited by bløød

2 hours ago, bløød said:

Ok, so I screwed up with yesterday's update. There was a wild Innes on the prologue (which strangely nobody noticed) and there were incorrect map sprites for Seth and Duessel. 

Also, 7743 helped me to temporarily remove the "Boon" skill so the status ailment bug is gone, YAY!

Nice! The status ailment bug actually made poison so annoying, haha. 

Did you get a chance to look into the 10 support cap thing? Did anyone playing this hack get more than 5 supports on a character?

5 hours ago, bløød said:

Oh I noticed Innes, I just used FEBuilder to turn him into a Gorgon Egg for free Seth exp XD

I've noticed that Innes was in the first chapter and he is on the first chapter where you encounter monster don't remember the number. Seth have the sprite of Orson no? 

And I have a question if you install the new patches you need to restart the hole game or yu can keep your save? 

On 8/19/2019 at 2:26 AM, cleverfool27 said:

Nice! The status ailment bug actually made poison so annoying, haha

It sure did. I was way more annoyed when I got hit by sleep staves and forgot to bring restore staves, so the unit was basically dead for the entire chapter lol

On 8/19/2019 at 2:26 AM, cleverfool27 said:

Did you get a chance to look into the 10 support cap thing?

I did, but it should've been working. I'm gonna have to ask 7743 to look into it, since I don't really don't know ASM magic.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:58 AM, YurickLavada said:

Oh I noticed Innes, I just used FEBuilder to turn him into a Gorgon Egg for free Seth exp XD

That was.... an interesting workaround.

14 hours ago, cleverfool27 said:

Was there something in FEBuilder that you used to increase the number of max supports? I was able to hack in initial support levels but that sadly won't work after the character has been recruited

Yeah, I used the "modify the maximum number of supports" patch made by 7743 and set the value to 9.

14 hours ago, Pioupiou said:

I've noticed that Innes was in the first chapter and he is on the first chapter where you encounter monster don't remember the number. Seth have the sprite of Orson no?

I removed him from the prologue, so no worries. What did you mean by the first chpater of the monster? Chapter 3? I just played through it and he wasn't there. Seth and Duessel have similar map sprites, albeit a little different.

14 hours ago, Pioupiou said:

And I have a question if you install the new patches you need to restart the hole game or yu can keep your save? 

I think the saves from the previous version should work fine.

12 minutes ago, YurickLavada said:

For some reason, when I try to field Myrrh the game locks up whenever the map is supposed to load, be it previewing the map or starting combat.

Which version are you using? Myrrh had the boon skill prior to the latest version, so if you're using a save from back when she had it, it may very well be the cause.

And I just released a new version to fix yet another bug. I forgot to include the axe throw animation for the short axe, so whenever somebody used it, the game would softlock. Also gave new animations to male brigands.

Edited by bløød

9 minutes ago, YurickLavada said:

I have the boon fix and started a new game, so it's a lv 1 Myrrh w/ only Even Rhythm.

I do NOT however have the Short Axe fix.

What the hell, Myrrh still has boon in her learnset. FEBuilder seems to be ignoring some of my edits 🤔 

Gimme one sec 

Just now, bløød said:

What the hell, Myrrh still has boon in her learnset. FEBuilder seems to be ignoring some of my edits 🤔 

Gimme one sec 

I can fix that easily, which skill did you give her to replace it?

3 minutes ago, YurickLavada said:

I can fix that easily, which skill did you give her to replace it?

I gave her the "Fury" skill because she has it on FE heroes lol. Just a placeholder while "Boon" is being fixed.

By the way, if you're gonna change that yourself, you should also replace Fado's personal skill (currently also set to Boon) to "Bond"

Edited by bløød

10 minutes ago, bløød said:

I gave her the "Fury" skill because she has it on FE heroes lol. Just a placeholder while "Boon" is being fixed.

By the way, if you're gonna change that yourself, you should also replace Fado's personal skill (currently also set to Boon) to "Bond"

Ok thanks. 🙂 I look forward to any future updates

I looked at what the support patch actually does, seem all it is doing is changing a hex value at a certain address to 09, which is confirmed to be the value in the ROM that I'm using right now. This seems to indicate that it SHOULD be working.

That being said it 100% is not working right now. Let me know what 7743 says.

Was there ever a point where it DID work? As in, in the past it has worked  but now it no longer does so?

Edited by cleverfool27

8 hours ago, bløød said:

It sure did. I was way more annoyed when I got hit by sleep staves and forgot to bring restore staves, so the unit was basically dead for the entire chapter lol

I did, but it should've been working. I'm gonna have to ask 7743 to look into it, since I don't really don't know ASM magic.

That was.... an interesting workaround.

Yeah, I used the "modify the maximum number of supports" patch made by 7743 and set the value to 9.

I removed him from the prologue, so no worries. What did you mean by the first chpater of the monster? Chapter 3? I just played through it and he wasn't there. Seth and Duessel have similar map sprites, albeit a little different.

I think the saves from the previous version should work fine.

Yes I think it's the chapter 3, and on the capter 5 I can pick him when I choose what unit I use (it's maybe because It's the version when he is on the prologue)