Jump to content
bløød

[FE8] [Complete] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Recommended Posts

Hey, just trying out this hack now. Its been interesting so far, but I can report two minor glitches so far. I'm playing on 2.5/Random Level Ups/Normal Difficulty.

1) This one is a scripted event hiccup. 2nd chapter, where the enemy knight attacks and kills the mercenary guard on the fort: he walks up and performs a critical, kills the mercenary... and then the now deceased/invisible mercenary attacks and deals 0 damage to the knight. 

2) The chapter where Artur and Lute join: after L'Archel's scene and monsters appear from the top left corner of the map, the monster in the corner has a movement range of 0, complete with a -- value for his stats in the move category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

Cavalier when promoted get insta S rank in lances

a.PNG.120dc841eef66fcaf7128719f8ee75c9.PNGb.PNG.863197f1ca9dbdb7634f612fe248a622.PNGc.PNG.fac14b397a1621b0234478bbc2ff21c4.PNG

Oh God, not this issue again :(

My Franz is behaving as expceted though:

SAy3wxA.png?1 r5eOcjq.png?1 wlNI4RV.png?1

At this point, I'm convinced this bug is beign caused by one of the QoL patches I applied to the hack. I can still try one last solution for it though. The classes all have vanilla stats, but not the allied units. I can revert them back to their original values for you to test it. If this fails, I simply don't know how to solve this. Would you be willing to try it?

12 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Hey, just trying out this hack now. Its been interesting so far, but I can report two minor glitches so far. I'm playing on 2.5/Random Level Ups/Normal Difficulty.

1) This one is a scripted event hiccup. 2nd chapter, where the enemy knight attacks and kills the mercenary guard on the fort: he walks up and performs a critical, kills the mercenary... and then the now deceased/invisible mercenary attacks and deals 0 damage to the knight. 

2) The chapter where Artur and Lute join: after L'Archel's scene and monsters appear from the top left corner of the map, the monster in the corner has a movement range of 0, complete with a -- value for his stats in the move category.

1) Yeah, this has been present since the first version. It happened as soon as I applied the skill system to the game. I already checked the event and it is still scripted exactly the same as vanilla, so the culprit here must be the skill system. No idea how to fix this though.

2) That monster has a boss AI for some reason that was carried over from vanilla. The danger zone patch makes it so units with boss AI don't move since they are guarding a tile. I assigned a regular AI for it and it should move now.

2 hours ago, Sage Feinschmecker said:

Chapter 20 (Ephraim's route) black screens after a couple of scenes. Can't access the battle preparations menu.

Can you be more specific? Which version and mode are you playing? A recording would also be nice.

Edit: Or better yet, send me your save file so I can experience the issue myself.

Edited by bløød

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

1) Yeah, this has been present since the first version. It happened as soon as I applied the skill system to the game. I already checked the event and it is still scripted exactly the same as vanilla, so the culprit here must be the skill system. No idea how to fix this though.

I don't know anything about programming really, but just a spitball: what if you made a second version of that boss, one without any skills attached to them? Assuming the cutscene works fine in that case, use that version of the boss for the cutscene and then swap it back with the one with the skill. If that works the way I think it would, instead of having an awkward cutscene the boss would flicker for a moment with the despawn of the old one and the appearance of the new one. 

---

Completely different note: I've found giving Lute Paragon to be very... interesting. Thematically it makes perfect sense of course with how quickly she gains knowledge. But with a character that good in the base game, getting access to more flexibility due to the new tome system, and double exp I'm struggling to hold her back from just tearing through maps by herself due to easily gaining a massive level lead. On chapter 7 she's level 13, Ross is level 11, everyone else is in the 7-10 range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean... for one, the only difference between your Franz and mine was the lance rank. If for some reason having an E rank screws things up you could tackle it from there.
Besides that, none of the other units seem to have this issue so you could just leave it as it is.

Also having insta S rank is a bit useful since gaining ranks is difficult without tower abusing :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

I don't know anything about programming really, but just a spitball: what if you made a second version of that boss, one without any skills attached to them? Assuming the cutscene works fine in that case, use that version of the boss for the cutscene and then swap it back with the one with the skill. If that works the way I think it would, instead of having an awkward cutscene the boss would flicker for a moment with the despawn of the old one and the appearance of the new one. 

This is a nice suggestion. I went to try it, but when Breguet engages the frelian mercenary, the battle animations show him using a siege tome against Seth (WTF?). Then I tried changing character slots for the frelian mercenary and even his class. Every scenario results in the frelian unit still countering Breguet after dying. I'll create a "known issues" section on my first post and see if someone with more experience has a solution.

2 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Completely different note: I've found giving Lute Paragon to be very... interesting. Thematically it makes perfect sense of course with how quickly she gains knowledge. But with a character that good in the base game, getting access to more flexibility due to the new tome system, and double exp I'm struggling to hold her back from just tearing through maps by herself due to easily gaining a massive level lead. On chapter 7 she's level 13, Ross is level 11, everyone else is in the 7-10 range. 

Yeah, I've been playing my hack recently and I also had the impression that she got a little broke with that skill. I wasn't the one who picked that for her though. The skills of most allied units were chosen by the authors of the skill system. I considered changing it, but changing skills result in save incompatibility and everybody who is currently playing would be locked out of newer versions. I may do that for a final version though.

43 minutes ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

I mean... for one, the only difference between your Franz and mine was the lance rank. If for some reason having an E rank screws things up you could tackle it from there.
Besides that, none of the other units seem to have this issue so you could just leave it as it is.

Also having insta S rank is a bit useful since gaining ranks is difficult without tower abusing :p

Well, it is a little reassuring to know this is only happening with Franz. I went through the trouble of duplicating every human class and editing every unit in the game in hopes of fixing that issue, after all. I asked around for a solution in another forum and hopefully a more experienced hacker will provide one. For now, I will keep it as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bløød said:

Yeah, I've been playing my hack recently and I also had the impression that she got a little broke with that skill. I wasn't the one who picked that for her though. The skills of most allied units were chosen by the authors of the skill system. I considered changing it, but changing skills result in save incompatibility and everybody who is currently playing would be locked out of newer versions. I may do that for a final version though.

No ,not again pls. Lute is fine as she is. If you wanna change, just increase Amelia's Str growth rate, 30 % is not enough to make her a decent unit.

Edited by skywalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheUltimateChaos

I have great news regarding the dreaded weapon level issue on promotion! Turns out the creator of FEBuilder himself teached me how that calculation works:

1T3yJvE.png

According to what he said, and considering the stats you've shown me, when your Franz gets promoted, he has 31 points of lance exp subtracted from losing the cavalier class. Then he would get 31 points of lance wexp from either the paladin or great knight class added to the points you have mastered. See what the problem is? Since your Franz is over half E rank of lance exp (E rank is 1 and D rank is 31), he must have somewhere around 17 mastered exp. When he promotes, he gets 31 points subtracted, resulting in a negative number (17-31=-14) that is likely what is causing the S rank. Since my Franz has somewhere around 40 mastered exp, he loses 31 from cavalier class when he promotes (40-31=9) and then gets the 31 points from the paladin/great knight class added to the 9 leftover points, resulting in 40 points and keeping that same mastery level.

I think I finally undertand how this works and how to fix it for good. Now I feel a little silly because I probably dind't need to duplicate every class to assign them to the enemies :unsure:
Oh well, at least it allowed me to increase the diversity of enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now, for the inevitable, horrible news. The changes I will have to make involve character and class bases, which will result in incompatibility. I know I will catch some flack for this, but hey, you were all warned that I'm a newbie hacker. 

 

3 hours ago, skywalker said:

No ,not again pls. Lute is fine as she is. If you wanna change, just increase Amelia's Str growth rate, 30 % is not enough to make her a decent unit.

You are right about Lute. While paragon might seem broken at first glance, when a unit reaches max level they are stuck with an obsolete skill. Lute needs no fixing indeed. Regarding the trainees, I gave them better bases to make up for the lack of a T0 class, but I might need to improve growth rates after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

idk if Ross needs any help, he feels pretty good as is and is fairly comparable to Garcia. Haven't gotten Ewan quite yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've put some thought into skills myself, and it's probably equally busted, but there's a skill in the circles engine that's basically axe-thrift (lucky axe?) that feels more balanced for Ross, especially since hatchet is basically his go to axe.

For lute and amelia, I'm stumped. Lute makes the most sense, but breaks power curve, even without monster skirmishes. I like the idea of blossom instead, but I don't think that's coded in with this particular skill suite. With amelia, she feels like a graduate of the Nephenee school of "if-I-proc-strength-I-swear-I-will-kill-you-all" methodology, so either wrath or resolve seem appropriate, albeit out of character.

On that note, Pugi for FE8 Reskin when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to see what skills does Eirika learn (took her to level 15 promoted), and it seems that Rightful King is useless in her since she doesn't have any procing skills.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

Decided to see what skills does Eirika learn (took her to level 15 promoted), and it seems that Rightful King is useless in her since she doesn't have any procing skills.

 

Iirc she would have Aether (Luna+Sol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Street Hero said:

Iirc she would have Aether (Luna+Sol)

Ephraim has Aether.

Eirika has Bond, Charisma, Nihil and Lancebreaker.
Unless she gets Aether at lvl 20 promoted since I didn't get her to that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, since the next version will be incompatible with previous saves, I'll modify the skills of some units that don't make too much sense.

9 hours ago, WaywardTroper said:

I've put some thought into skills myself, and it's probably equally busted, but there's a skill in the circles engine that's basically axe-thrift (lucky axe?) that feels more balanced for Ross, especially since hatchet is basically his go to axe.

That skill prevents axes from losing durability. If I gave it to Ross, it would mean unlimited Garm. Sorry, can't do it.

9 hours ago, WaywardTroper said:

On that note, Pugi for FE8 Reskin when?

You really want a ranged killer axe? You madman!

 

 

 

Edited by bløød

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bløød said:

Ok, since the next version will be incompatible with previous saves, I'll modify the skills of some units that don't make too much sense.

That skill prevents axes from losing durability. If I gave it to Ross, it would mean unlimited Garm. Sorry, can't do it.

You really want a ranged killer axe? You madman!

 

 

 

Well, i guess I'll kiss my save good bye.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bløød said:

Ok, since the next version will be incompatible with previous saves, I'll modify the skills of some units that don't make too much sense.

That skill prevents axes from losing durability. If I gave it to Ross, it would mean unlimited Garm. Sorry, can't do it.

You really want a ranged killer axe? You madman!

 

 

 

Fair enough. Having said that, there are a few reworks that made unbreakable holy weapons, albiet sans stat boosts and weight adjustments, mostly tossing the idea out at any rate

The current skill suite works ( I had more elaborate thoughts on the matter, but that would be a wall of test), but if you are willing to reassign, I'll happily give it a fresh start and see what new choices give the cast a breath of fresh air

 

You sure you don't want to give it to the berserker right outside of jehanna in ch 15 as a drop to add yet another reason to savestate/reset? #makeaxesgreatagain

Edited by WaywardTroper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

Ephraim has Aether.

Eirika has Bond, Charisma, Nihil and Lancebreaker.
Unless she gets Aether at lvl 20 promoted since I didn't get her to that point.

yeah i can confirmed that aether is set at lv255 greatlord  to learn which mean we cant get it unless we already got it before promotions. Same with every promoted classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, version 2.6 is out, and I really hope it's the final one. I finally fixed that dreaded weapon level bug for good, and also took the opportunity to change the skills for some units and slightly improve the growth rates of the trainee units. The skills I changed are as follows:

1.Ephraim

lv.10 lord - Expertise
lv. 20 lord - Bond
lv. 5 great lord - Aether
lv. 15 great lord - Rightful King

2. Eirika

lv.10 lord - Strong riposte
lv. 20 lord - Bond
lv. 5 great lord - Aether
lv. 15 great lord - Rally Spectrum

3. Amelia's personal skill - Lightweight

4. Ross' personal skill - puissance

5. Ewan's personal skill - even rhythm

6. I also removed all rally skills from the classes learnsets, since this was unfair because enemies can't use them. They are now only personal skills for allied units.

Mercenary lv 10 rally strenght replaced by armshift
Paladin lv 5 rally skill replaced by chivalry
Mage Knight lv 15 rally resistance replaced by spur resistance
Pegasus knight lv 20 rally speed replace by pragmatic

7. Changed all skills for the champion class. It now learns one skill every 5 levels.

8. New soldier/halberdier learnset

lv. 10 soldier - Reposition
lv. 20 soldier - seal defense
lv. 5 halberdier - lance breaker
lv. 15 halberdier - impale

Edited by bløød

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Blood, I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. You've done a lot of great work in making a good game even better, got back to all the feedback with quick and effective patches, and endured the process of tweaking and weeding out this hack with absurd levels of patience. I hope your romhacks keep getting better from here, and you finally get a chance to kick back and enjoy this gift you've presented for yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bløød said:

Guys, version 2.6 is out, and I really hope it's the final one. I finally fixed that dreaded weapon level bug for good, and also took the opportunity to change the skills for some units and slightly improve the growth rates of the trainee units. The skills I changed are as follows:

1.Ephraim

lv.10 lord - Expertise
lv. 20 lord - Bond
lv. 5 great lord - Aether
lv. 15 great lord - Rightful King

2. Eirika

lv.10 lord - Strong riposte
lv. 20 lord - Bond
lv. 5 great lord - Aether
lv. 15 great lord - Rally Spectrum

3. Amelia's personal skill - Lightweight

4. Ross' personal skill - puissance

5. Ewan's personal skill - even rhythm

6. I also removed all rally skills from the classes learnsets, since this was unfair because enemies can't use them. They are now only personal skills for allied units.

Mercenary lv 10 rally strenght replaced by armshift
Paladin lv 5 rally skill replaced by chivalry
Mage Knight lv 15 rally resistance replaced by spur resistance
Pegasus knight lv 20 rally speed replace by pragmatic

7. Changed all skills for the champion class. It now learns one skill every 5 levels.

8. New soldier/halberdier learnset

lv. 10 soldier - Reposition
lv. 20 soldier - seal defense
lv. 5 halberdier - lance breaker
lv. 15 halberdier - impale

Your game but with 2018 modular mini box installed, it displays every skills and weapons 5ccf2f971d22e_SacredTrilogy-4.png.5b1b27c802800d14769499cf32b22595.png5ccf2f992de3c_SacredTrilogy-3.png.92637bf02cd6374906eb3a300288a835.png5ccf2f9ae391f_SacredTrilogy-2.png.22dd1486d02fcce2391752f69dda7c02.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WaywardTroper said:

Hey Blood, I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. You've done a lot of great work in making a good game even better, got back to all the feedback with quick and effective patches, and endured the process of tweaking and weeding out this hack with absurd levels of patience. I hope your romhacks keep getting better from here, and you finally get a chance to kick back and enjoy this gift you've presented for yourself

It means a lot to me receiving positive feedback for my effort. Thanks a lot! :) 
After I am 100% done with this project, I'll play it, take a litlle break and maybe start an original hack. I already have some good ideas for an interesting plot. We'll see how that goes.

6 hours ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

When the new changes hit.
 


Not complain tho, just felt like it fits in this situation xD

Hey, I already used that meme here xD

6 hours ago, Street Hero said:

Your game but with 2018 modular mini box installed, it displays every skills and weapons 5ccf2f971d22e_SacredTrilogy-4.png.5b1b27c802800d14769499cf32b22595.png5ccf2f992de3c_SacredTrilogy-3.png.92637bf02cd6374906eb3a300288a835.png5ccf2f9ae391f_SacredTrilogy-2.png.22dd1486d02fcce2391752f69dda7c02.png

Damn, that mini box actually looks very sexy. One question though. Why is your Garcia a woman? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bløød said:

Why is your Garcia a woman? lol

Spoiler

Since you made Amelia a soldier, there's no girls that can wield axe for my "girls only" run and i kinda dislike it -so i make it myself-.

I also do this to Knoll too (change portraits, classes and palettes)

fuck-me-right.jpg

 

Edited by Street Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah damn, 2.6 is gonna force a re-do... Oh well. I still want to finish off my 2.5 since I just got Eirika Promoted so I want to stick on this until the end-game.

Here's my team if anyone wants to see them, it's my Girls-Only Run team:

Spoiler

Amelia.png.e69591782bc5af7803ab6eea2cf68989.pngEirika.png.af139e526b50efc80a9cde0c1380033a.png5cd00da7d5903_LArachel.png.3108ad24c48950f9feb44b65738f19e6.pngLute.png.3334feab4ba933153b5e093e1e7b99fd.pngMarisa.png.f81ffc2b8489e5751bc4bfeaf44fb232.pngNatasha.png.9d94e27aac2173a3f85d89a5925a66dc.pngNeimi.png.28676de5117995e83a6b5dad886f1420.pngTana.png.1ee0d63521ec1af1b729f8127f628c1b.pngTethys.png.329a1cef2e0f81cb751e460709d96db1.pngVanessa.png.dbbbbf8a1f77d21e9edb9eb61b7ac2cc.png

As far as Supports go:

Spoiler

Eirika has a C with Tana
Neimi has a A with Amelia
Tethys has a C with Marisa
Vanessa has a C with Lute

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...