[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

I'm kinda new to this site and I just created an account for this. There is a bug in Tower of Valni 5 where there is a monster who has a civillian child sprite that cannot be killed and I'm not able to pass level 5 of the Tower, If you need a screenshot I'll try to post it as soon as possible.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just updated to the latest version of your hack, and I've encountered something:

5cba2f82ebc5d_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan).png.a9e26ca68fe069fbf9797ea0edd4d7e4.png

Is Riev and Selena supposed to be here?

Edit: I've just gotten to Chapter 1 after having Riev trade over the dropped Blizzard from Selena to Eirika and killed the boss. The game now believes that I own Riev but Riev isn't in this Chapter. The game is confused and believes that I still have a unit to move when I don't:

5cba334f1dfef_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan).png.9b1902755b0a197363100fca03155db3.png5cba33646a392_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan).png.2975cb1bc25ce02c22c5ecf9102a90a8.png

Edited by Lady White
Added an extra discovery.

Hey loving the hack one thing I noticed is that on promotion units gain a ton of weapon experience which seems to run counter intuitive to lowering weapon exp gain on use. As an example I insta promoted Cormag and he got all A ranks in weapons. Another is I promoted Amelia to Halberdier after about 4 lvls and she now has s rank lances.

9 hours ago, xTwistedAegis said:

Hey loving the hack one thing I noticed is that on promotion units gain a ton of weapon experience which seems to run counter intuitive to lowering weapon exp gain on use. As an example I insta promoted Cormag and he got all A ranks in weapons. Another is I promoted Amelia to Halberdier after about 4 lvls and she now has s rank lances.

Glad to hear it!

Damn, I wasn't aware of this issue with the weapon levels. It probably has to do with the fact that I bumped the WEXP for the classes so that enemies could use better weapons. Unfortunately, I cannot change those values without also punishing enemies. I will have to think of something, but for now the solution is beyond me.

3 hours ago, bløød said:

Glad to hear it!

Damn, I wasn't aware of this issue with the weapon levels. It probably has to do with the fact that I bumped the WEXP for the classes so that enemies could use better weapons. Unfortunately, I cannot change those values without also punishing enemies. I will have to think of something, but for now the solution is beyond me.

Alright dude take your time. This is definitely the best rebalance for FE8 I've played. 

Guys, I have bad news. I thought I understood how the game gave Wexp upon promotion, but that is not true. I ran some tests and some units have the base Wexp of the base class added to the base Wexp of the promoted class (Artur), others have their Wexp overwritten by the one of the promoted class (Knoll), and enemies seem to simply be granted the Wexp of whichever class they currently have. I couldn't really grasp a logic behind this, so I'm gonna have to make a difficult decision to work around this. I'm gonna apply Stan's expanded modular save to the game, which is a very recent and still experimental patch that allows me to bypass the 127 class limit of the game. Then I am going to duplicate every human class of the game and assign the new ones with increased Wexp to the enemies while keeping the old ones with vanilla Wexp for allied units. If everything goes well, allied units will receive the same amount of Wexp they would in vanilla SS while enemies retain their higher weapon ranks. This will also allow me to add a few more graphical variety to enemies, such as female fighters, brigands, warriors and berserkers. This does mean that I will have to edit every enemy in the game again, so it will take some time.

So, I've been playing this version quite a bit, just completed Chapter 15, (dessert Map) then something weird happened to me. Caellach has the Hoplon Guard right? Well, my Joshua activated Astra and critted him twice...Is it normal for skills to ignore the Hoplon Guard?

Another thing, can you maybe lower the accuracy of the wind tomes? Or even weaken them? Maybe make them expensive and lower the available uses. Most of the time I'm attacking its mostly the wind tome 'cuz its so good and its not hard to make cover the Magic unit.  I get that the bosses aren't a complete joke anymore, but up until now with rally effects you can nuke them with Lute with a wind tome pretty easily.

But other than that I've been loving the rebalance so far.

1 hour ago, bløød said:

This will also allow me to add a few more graphical variety to enemies, such as female fighters, brigands, warriors and berserkers. This does mean that I will have to edit every enemy in the game again, so it will take some time.

Now that is what i am going to talk about.  ??

7 hours ago, Ares-Sama said:

But other than that I've been loving the rebalance so far.

Glad to hear it!

So, I've been playing this version quite a bit, just completed Chapter 15, (dessert Map) then something weird happened to me. Caellach has the Hoplon Guard right? Well, my Joshua activated Astra and critted him twice...Is it normal for skills to ignore the Hoplon Guard?

Well, I don't think that is supposed to happen. But you should know that the skill system is still a work in progress and that its authors update it every so often. Perhaps they will adress this soon?

Another thing, can you maybe lower the accuracy of the wind tomes? Or even weaken them? Maybe make them expensive and lower the available uses. Most of the time I'm attacking its mostly the wind tome 'cuz its so good and its not hard to make cover the Magic unit.  I get that the bosses aren't a complete joke anymore, but up until now with rally effects you can nuke them with Lute with a wind tome pretty easily

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do about the wind tomes, but for now I'm very pretty busy with the whole weapon exp issue.

6 hours ago, Street Hero said:

Now that is what i am going to talk about.  ??

Yeah, I've added some classes beyond the 127 limit and nothing has broken yet, so I'm pretty optimistic about it. I think I'll even be able to add generic enemy halberdiers to the game.

By the way, I've been thinking about replacing the myrmidon animations with ones made by Iscaneus and Leo_link. I'll be running a poll to see what you guys think of it. Here's a preview:

Sword.gif

Sword.gif

What the hell? Lyon has 21 DEF and 23 RES in that chapter. How come Myrrh is dealing so much damage? I'm convinced she is the problem, not him. Might have to nerf the dragonstone a bit.

8 hours ago, bløød said:

What the hell? Lyon has 21 DEF and 23 RES in that chapter. How come Myrrh is dealing so much damage? I'm convinced she is the problem, not him. Might have to nerf the dragonstone a bit.

Yea it's quite possible mine was lvl 20 had strength rally and Ephraim personal

7 hours ago, Eclipsd said:

Neimi counterattacking as a sniper with a shortbow hangs the game at the animation. Unsure if every sniper, every archer etc., but suspect its because archers at 1 range are abominations of nature not in the vanilla FE8. https://gyazo.com/cb68eeb988b9ac9a1dc378de14944f07

Thanks for pointing that out. I went to check the animations and the problem is that there is no scripted melee animations for the snipers. I'm actually using custom animations for them (note how they have a quiver and the bow has recoil when they fire an arrow). 

AFWqmFcm.png

I do know that someone over FE universe was scripting melee animations for those custom snipers a week ago, but it is still not finished

WNQr8hrm.png

I think I will revert sniper animations back to vanilla until they are done.

44 minutes ago, bløød said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I went to check the animations and the problem is that there is no scripted melee animations for the snipers. I'm actually using custom animations for them (note how they have a quiver and the bow has recoil when they fire an arrow). 

AFWqmFcm.png

I do know that someone over FE universe was scripting melee animations for those custom snipers a week ago, but it is still not finished

WNQr8hrm.png

I think I will revert sniper animations back to vanilla until they are done.

That or you can use ranged animations for melee ones by export it via febuilder, edit then import it back.

It's pretty easy, just ctrl+c then ctrl+v. Just saying

On 27/04/2019 at 9:56 AM, Street Hero said:

That or you can use ranged animations for melee ones by export it via febuilder, edit then import it back.

It's pretty easy, just ctrl+c then ctrl+v. Just saying

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, the editor lets me do that, but it has to be frame by frame and the process is very tedious... :(