[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

Final version is out guys, It's been fun, but I'm getting a little tired of this project. If I don't finish it now, I'm never going to stop tweaking it. One major change from version 2.6 is the addition of map songs from FE6 and FE7. There should be no compatibility issues using a save from 2.6. Enjoy the hack, for I know I will ^.^

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you don't mind me asking, but I think something might go wrong when I try to patch.

I tried using both Nups and Upset, I tried patching both random and fixed, final and 2.6. Each time it is claimed that patching is successful, yet when I try to play it the final version shows a black screen and plays the intro music without doing anything, and the 2.6 version shows the full intro, but after it ends or I skip it the intro starts playing again (and keeps looping).

(On patching an EU rom it fails patching, so I'm guessing that's not the issue?)

This is the first hack I try to play, it just sounds too perfect not to. I'm sorry if this question should be in a separate Questions topic, not sure how that works here. Could you please help me, I would really love to play this.

1 hour ago, whase said:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but I think something might go wrong when I try to patch.

I tried using both Nups and Upset, I tried patching both random and fixed, final and 2.6. Each time it is claimed that patching is successful, yet when I try to play it the final version shows a black screen and plays the intro music without doing anything, and the 2.6 version shows the full intro, but after it ends or I skip it the intro starts playing again (and keeps looping).

(On patching an EU rom it fails patching, so I'm guessing that's not the issue?)

This is the first hack I try to play, it just sounds too perfect not to. I'm sorry if this question should be in a separate Questions topic, not sure how that works here. Could you please help me, I would really love to play this.

Are you using a US ROM? It must be an unmodified US ROM to work. I'm playing the hack myself and I didn't have any problems patching it. I used NUPS to patch the UPS file. You're also the first person to report this problem, so it may be an issue with your emulator, not the ROM.

Edited by bløød

2 hours ago, bløød said:

Are you using a US ROM? It must be an unmodified US ROM to work. I'm playing the hack myself and I didn't have any problems patching it. I used NUPS to patch the UPS file. You're also the first person to report this problem, so it may be an issue with your emulator, not the ROM.

Thanks! It appears I had an old version of visualboy. Thank you!

Edit: found a bug, I just critkilled the mighty Bazba with Vanessa while she had a 0% critrate using an iron lance.

Edited by whase

2 hours ago, whase said:

Edit: found a bug, I just critkilled the mighty Bazba with Vanessa while she had a 0% critrate using an iron lance.

Not a bug, but actually a feature. I forgot to mention that the skill system comes with the "stylish finisher" feature where the last blow that kills any boss will always be displayed as a critical hit. Gonna edit the OP.

Not a terribly important question, but do you still have to be on the 3rd playthrough to get Lyon in Creature Campaign? Mostly just curious if it's worth going through the Ruins at the end of my 1st playthrough.

22 minutes ago, skywalker said:

If I remember correctly, in the vanilla game you get Lyon by beating the ruin 3 times on the creature campaign, no need to be on new game though.

I think I was just recalling incorrectly, because double-checking the info on the main page didn't mention the 3rd playthrough thing. Thank you for clearing that up.

I've been loving play this so much but I just got to class upgrading Lute and now fear of missing out has me stuck!

Do you have a list of all the skills the various classes learn upon leveling up?

Cause now I'm stuck choosing between Sage and Mageknight because skills can sometimes make or break a character depending on your playstyle!

This won't just be a Lute problem but a thing for the whole team, on this and my second run through because I'm enjoying it so much I plan on replaying it again straight after to go through Ephraims route with other team members!

Please help?

Seriously though, I am adoring this mod wholeheartedly!

3 hours ago, raj26emperor said:

Just some feedback Blood.

I LOVE your hack. it gives fe8 a whole new feel, and since it was the first fe I ever payed, it has a special place in my heart. I'm currently on chapter 5, and that myrmidon animation is killer.

Thank you! Sacred Stones was also my first FE and this project is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. The reason it has seen the light of day is because 7743 made rom hacking so easy with his FEBuilder tool.

7 hours ago, Chaotic_Soma said:

I've been loving play this so much but I just got to class upgrading Lute and now fear of missing out has me stuck!

Do you have a list of all the skills the various classes learn upon leveling up?

Cause now I'm stuck choosing between Sage and Mageknight because skills can sometimes make or break a character depending on your playstyle!

This won't just be a Lute problem but a thing for the whole team, on this and my second run through because I'm enjoying it so much I plan on replaying it again straight after to go through Ephraims route with other team members!

Please help?

Seriously though, I am adoring this mod wholeheartedly!

I've updated the original post with the skills of every playable class, so help yourself. Enemy skills are a surprise though ;):

4 hours ago, bløød said:

Glad to hear it!

I guess I should've made that list after I released the final version. Give me some time and I'll post it.

Thanks so much!

I can hold out on continuing my run...

2 minutes ago, bløød said:

I've updated the original post with the skills of every playable class, so help yourself. Enemy skills are a surprise though ;):

And just as I was replying you have come in and saved me from waiting haha.

Thanks so much, again!

I found a bug in the version 2.6 build: Tana went to level 20 gained her skill that allows for more damage dealt less received then the next turn also gained Bond giving her 5 skills before promotion!

I was on Chapter 12 and I'm wondering if it was an early drop from her Falconknight class by accident so I checked the learnlist you put up and you forgot to put up Pegasus knights/falconknights there.

On 14/05/2019 at 1:56 AM, Chaotic_Soma said:

I found a bug in the version 2.6 build: Tana went to level 20 gained her skill that allows for more damage dealt less received then the next turn also gained Bond giving her 5 skills before promotion!

And here I was thinking that this issue only happened to me. Even though you're the first person to report that, I experienced something similiar. On chapter 7, Forde reached level 10, learned discipline and I had him trade a vulnerary with Ephraim. He then learned Rightful king after receiving the vulnerary, a skill that is not even in his learnset. So yes, I'm aware of this issue, but I can't really do anything about it because I'm not the author of the skill system, I just implemented it in my hack. It is still a WIP and often gets updated, so the authors might already be working on a fix.

On 14/05/2019 at 1:56 AM, Chaotic_Soma said:

I was on Chapter 12 and I'm wondering if it was an early drop from her Falconknight class by accident so I checked the learnlist you put up and you forgot to put up Pegasus knights/falconknights there

My bad, will update the list in a minute.

Guys, a player reported an issue to me on FE Universe. Apparently, the game may glitch on chapter 19. I went to check it and found out that the druid who is supposed to attack the rausten knight at the beginning of the chapter had a different character ID from the scripted event, so I had to change it back. It's that Pablo situation all over again. I've already uploaded a new version with the fix, so I advise downloading it.

Bug: chapter 14 Eirika mode, Queen of the White Dunes, final version fixed growth, the mage with an Elthunder tome in the left first room, when it attacks the animation makes the screen go white, and then it stays white while the battle music keeps playing on loop, no other sounds heard.

2 hours ago, whase said:

Bug: chapter 14 Eirika mode, Queen of the White Dunes, final version fixed growth, the mage with an Elthunder tome in the left first room, when it attacks the animation makes the screen go white, and then it stays white while the battle music keeps playing on loop, no other sounds heard.

Yeah, I'm aware of this issue. It's something about the spell animation that is freezing the game. Luckily, someone recently released a cool thoron animation and I'm thinking about replacing elthunder with it. I'm almost done playing the hack and I am going to release another version fixing some minor incoveniences I found during my playthrough.

Hey, it's been a while.

I have noticed something when it comes to the custom classes and is that they seem to get multiple S ranks.

No problem there, the problem is that if they hit S rank with a weapon, then hit S rank with other weapon and then use the first weapon, they lose the first S rank.

Example 1: Seth gets to S swords, then gets S lances, if he uses a sword his sword rank goes back to A.

Example 2: Riev comes with S light magic (a bit strange since he is a Dark Druid now), if you train your dark magic you get a S rank, but if you use light magic at that moment, you get back to A in light magic.

Saying that this is a problem is an overstatement, but is still something that happens.

On 21/05/2019 at 10:47 PM, TheUltimateChaos said:

Hey, it's been a while.

I have noticed something when it comes to the custom classes and is that they seem to get multiple S ranks.

No problem there, the problem is that if they hit S rank with a weapon, then hit S rank with other weapon and then use the first weapon, they lose the first S rank.

Example 1: Seth gets to S swords, then gets S lances, if he uses a sword his sword rank goes back to A.

Example 2: Riev comes with S light magic (a bit strange since he is a Dark Druid now), if you train your dark magic you get a S rank, but if you use light magic at that moment, you get back to A in light magic.

Saying that this is a problem is an overstatement, but is still something that happens.

The bugs just never end, do they? :(:

I'll see if I can do something about it. As to Riev, I just think that story-wise it makes more sense for him to have a better mastery of light rather than dark, since he was originally a Rausten bishop who got banished and then started serving the Demon King.

22 hours ago, bløød said:

The bugs just never end, do they? :(:

I'll see if I can do something about it. As to Riev, I just think that story-wise it makes more sense for him to have a better mastery of light rather than dark, since he was originally a Rausten bishop who got banished and then started serving the Demon King.

It's only allowed 1 s rank in fe7/8 (only 1 s rank change based on the weapons beings equipped) , to fix this just install "multiple s rank" patches 

Edited by Street Hero

Just found this hack and it looks stunning!

I'm finishing a SS playthrough and once I'm done I'm giving this patch a try. Thanks so much for making it, I love this game to pieces and playing it again with these enhancements it's going to be a blast for sure :lol:

On 25/05/2019 at 10:28 AM, SushiCat said:

Just found this hack and it looks stunning!

I'm finishing a SS playthrough and once I'm done I'm giving this patch a try. Thanks so much for making it, I love this game to pieces and playing it again with these enhancements it's going to be a blast for sure :lol:

Glad to hear it. I'll release an update soon to address some minor issues I found while playing Eirika's route, so no need to download the current patch yet.

PS: Quite a coincidence you being from Portugal. I was very recently studying in Bragança and I didn't find a single FE fan over there.

Ah thanks for the kind words! I'll be waiting for the next update.

I honestly never met another Portuguese FE fan either (aside from my sister that is), but I'm pretty sure they're out there somewhere :P: