[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

So hyped for the regalia coming in the next update, nice catch on finding some free item slots to add them into. 

Btw how can you promote Marisa into a dread fighter as she only had the option to promote into either an assassin or a swordmaster for me?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/23/2020 at 4:36 AM, bløød said:

If you're mentioning Circle's self randomizer, it probably doesn't work because it will throw a lot of my edits off the roof. I don't even think you'll be able to patch without errors.

No, I mean: is it work with Yune randomizer or Universal FE Randomizer(Florina FE7 icon)

since its  my fault then I would like to clarify for everyone else:

The change I did IS NOT in anyway an official change from the creator. I did all that in fully aware and discretion to NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE beside Marisa's related stuffs, which in my defense I did it too in vanilla game, changing her assassin's animation, her color palette, and her stats growth rate. And if you ask why I did all of that for Marisa? SImple coz she's THE BEST girl, her support with Gerik is the best thing that ever happen in sacred stones and probably among of of the best in the series (subjectively speaking of course). I fell in love with Marisa and I want her to be a special character like Seth and Duessel who are the living legend according to the lore. Thus I decide to tinker Marisa a lil bit, and ONLY MARISA.

And for the dread fighter, because:

1. Dread fighter's in this patch comes with ponytail. So yeah Its a dead giveaway for me, Cant help it, Must want it

2. I always freaking love dread fighter in fire emblem, I think they are one of the coolest looking and unique class in the series

Last thing is, Im one of those people that love to hoard each item at least 1 in the inventory. So I choose completion rather than effectivity, thus I always promote Lute into mage knight, which a less superior magic class compare to sage, coz she and Larachel are the one can access mage knight. And since larachel is always will be valkyrie, Natasha to Bishop. No one can take the role of Mage knight other than Lute.

So yes, I am guilty about Marisa's stuff but I WILL NOT questions the balance and the decision of the creator regarding the patch. I am fully support 100% the creator's choice. This is a great patch and much needed to elevate sacred stones as a game. Its like playing different game but with the same character, how cool is that? the answer is: veryyyy coooolll

Edited by LettuceAway

2 hours ago, LettuceAway said:

since its  my fault then I would like to clarify for everyone else:

The change I did IS NOT in anyway an official change from the creator. I did all that in fully aware and discretion to NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE beside Marisa's related stuffs, which in my defense I did it too in vanilla game, changing her assassin's animation, her color palette, and her stats growth rate. And if you ask why I did all of that for Marisa? SImple coz she's THE BEST girl, her support with Gerik is the best thing that ever happen in sacred stones and probably among of of the best in the series (subjectively speaking of course). I fell in love with Marisa and I want her to be a special character like Seth and Duessel who are the living legend according to the lore. Thus I decide to tinker Marisa a lil bit, and ONLY MARISA.

And for the dread fighter, because:

1. Dread fighter's in this patch comes with ponytail. So yeah Its a dead giveaway for me, Cant help it, Must want it

2. I always freaking love dread fighter in fire emblem, I think they are one of the coolest looking and unique class in the series

Last thing is, Im one of those people that love to hoard each item at least 1 in the inventory. So I choose completion rather than effectivity, thus I always promote Lute into mage knight, which a less superior magic class compare to sage, coz she and Larachel are the one can access mage knight. And since larachel is always will be valkyrie, Natasha to Bishop. No one can take the role of Mage knight other than Lute.

So yes, I am guilty about Marisa's stuff but I WILL NOT questions the balance and the decision of the creator regarding the patch. I am fully support 100% the creator's choice. This is a great patch and much needed to elevate sacred stones as a game. Its like playing different game but with the same character, how cool is that? the answer is: veryyyy coooolll

That explains everything. My fault. I still like the patch alot it's awesome hands down. Maybe one day he will do one for fire emblem 7. I would love to see that. 

On 3/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, Mattyboyjr06 said:

Btw how can you promote Marisa into a dread fighter as she only had the option to promote into either an assassin or a swordmaster for me?

23 hours ago, judge09 said:

Good question, maybe replace swordman by this

19 hours ago, Dedesett said:

Please no, Marisa is fine. The Dread Fighter is good but she's the only female swordmaster in the game (because Ismaire is a Blade Lord).

15 hours ago, Lifeisfire said:

I'm asking did you add new classes to the recent patch? Because I read someone mentioned a dread fighter class for Marisa? Or is that some enemy only class? It would be nice to know lol

The dread fighter is supposed to be an enemy only class. As LettuceAway said, they only managed to get it for Marisa by hacking the hack 😛 .

That beign said....

There's a patch in FEBuilder which allows 3 promotion options for the playable units. I've been thinking about implementing it, but I'm afraid to do it because it may break something. It would also require me to make palettes for every character's third option, and I need to check if there's enough room for that as well. This is just a low priority idea though: my focus right now is finishing the Ruins.

Or maybe replace swordman for only Marisa with dread fighter.

Else i don't know if you see my comment maybe only Anima and Dark Magic for Knight Mage, because literally all the mages use staffs and it will avoid issues with character with staff like Moudler. Knight Mage will be consider hostile and more balance like this.

What do you think ?

Firstly, as someone who seems to hoard fe8 rebalance hacks and the like

https://images.app.goo.gl/uVKE6mqX5Gqcdc2Y9

Now onto the matter at hand. Much like how I enjoyed the old Mad Mode patch, this has been a fun replaying of fe8 and I’m already thinking of a second playthrough at chapter 15. A few things to report, however.

6fa150bef13e3fef29ee07fb07ccecf2.png

Are soldiers supposed to have no skills? Otherwise I think soldier Amelia might not be working properly. 

55b56c24f6eea9a40ef4e16e86b20fad.png

Queen of the White Dunes secret shop seems to be a little funky still. All the other items in the shop appear to be working properly, but it seems like these items got added on at the end, for some reason.

Other than a few graphical glitches as well (read: both Natasha promoting to bishop and L’arachel to Valkyrie made the screen get taken up by some black squares and the promotion animation skipped completely) I’m still enjoying my time very much and cannot wait for the ruins to be finished.

Hey guys, sorry to drop another update so soon. It has been brought to my attention that some classes aren't getting their skills, so this is the reason for this update. That's what I get for extending the class list and editing fragile data, right? Aside from that, it brings some icon updates; some tweaks to magic tomes; the separation of the energy ring in energy drop and spirit dust; hopefuly the fix of the secret shops; and I don't personally like it, but the majority of people voted for Canto to be replaced with Canto+. I did it, but only for the promoted and special mounted classesThe class Ranger also gets a new skill because Canto+ was part of its learnset. The patches are availbale on the same link as always. 

1 hour ago, Dandragon said:

Now onto the matter at hand. Much like how I enjoyed the old Mad Mode patch, this has been a fun replaying of fe8 and I’m already thinking of a second playthrough at chapter 15. A few things to report, however.

6fa150bef13e3fef29ee07fb07ccecf2.png

Yeah, the data for that and some other classes was simply gone. Prbably due to me editing fragile data. Pretty sure it's fixed in the update I just released.

55b56c24f6eea9a40ef4e16e86b20fad.png

Queen of the White Dunes secret shop seems to be a little funky still. All the other items in the shop appear to be working properly, but it seems like these items got added on at the end, for some reason

As I stated some posts above, I tried to replicate this issue but it didn't happen on my end. Hopefuly, I indirectly fixed it by editing something else and it may be ok in the latest version.

Other than a few graphical glitches as well (read: both Natasha promoting to bishop and L’arachel to Valkyrie made the screen get taken up by some black squares and the promotion animation skipped completely)

I'm not entirely sure what's causing that, but it seems unavoidable. Luckily, it does nothing aside from just looking bad.T

hanks for the feedback and the kind words!

By the way, if the secret shop issue persists, please tell me exactly the position of the items affected in the shop list. If, for example, it starts with item number 15, 16 or 17 and onward. I'm starting to think this may be like the debuff glitch that happens when too many enemies load at the same time (except this time, too many items). As a last resort, I may have to cut the selection of items beign sold. 

11 hours ago, bløød said:

By the way, if the secret shop issue persists, please tell me exactly the position of the items affected in the shop list. If, for example, it starts with item number 15, 16 or 17 and onward. I'm starting to think this may be like the debuff glitch that happens when too many enemies load at the same time (except this time, too many items). As a last resort, I may have to cut the selection of items beign sold. 

does this patch work with yune randomizer or Universal FE Randomizer ?

On 3/6/2020 at 12:13 AM, bløød said:

As I stated some posts above, I tried to replicate this issue but it didn't happen on my end. Hopefuly, I indirectly fixed it by editing something else and it may be ok in the latest version.

I think i've found what trigger the problem. These are the points ive noticed so far: 

1. Did you buy something from the secret shop? because I think all of us did buy from secret shop.

2. Ive checked numerous times, yes sometimes when you in and out secret shop, this problem appears out of nowhere (it is a very rare case, like 1 out of 100, I only experienced it once and never again). But now I am sure that, after you bought something (and straight to the convoy for me) from secret shop, you will get this error.

3. further more I am positive that it affects the entire ROM because as soon as I bought an item, then I load state it, the problem still persist. It will fixed itself after you end your turn or reset the emulator and resume the gameplay

here's the video. I just manually recorded it without compressing. thus the rar file

rennac2.rar

Edited by LettuceAway

Im getting negative stats in the Lagdou ruins, any idea what is causing this? Is it intentional for difficulty? Using the 03-05-20 patch, random grows with minimug for reference.Im getting negative stats in the Lagdou ruins, any idea what is causing this? Is it intentional for difficulty? Using the 03-05-20 patch, random grows with minimug for reference.

18 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

does this patch work with yune randomizer or Universal FE Randomizer ?

I don't know how the randomizers work, as I've never used them. You will need to either ask their creators or try it yourself. However, I'm pretty sure it will mess up the palettes for most of the custom classes.

10 hours ago, LettuceAway said:

I think i've found what trigger the problem. These are the points ive noticed so far: 

1. Did you buy something from the secret shop? because I think all of us did buy from secret shop.

2. Ive checked numerous times, yes sometimes when you in and out secret shop, this problem appears out of nowhere (it is a very rare case, like 1 out of 100, I only experienced it once and never again). But now I am sure that, after you bought something (and straight to the convoy for me) from secret shop, you will get this error.

3. further more I am positive that it will affect the entire ROM because as soon as I bought an item, then I load state it, the problem still persist. It will fixed itself after you end your turn or reset the emulator and resume the gameplay

here's the video. I just manually recorded it without compressing. thus the rar file

Thanks for the video. I'll run some more tests when I get some spare time.

1 hour ago, ccha116 said:

Im getting negative stats in the Lagdou ruins, any idea what is causing this? Is it intentional for difficulty? Using the 03-05-20 patch, random grows with minimug for reference.Im getting negative stats in the Lagdou ruins, any idea what is causing this? Is it intentional for difficulty? Using the 03-05-20 patch, random grows with minimug for reference.

On 3/28/2019 at 5:52 PM, bløød said:

-Currently both main routes and the tower of valni are done. Lagdou ruins still under construction-  

Lagdou Ruins is still being worked on. That issue is caused by too many enemies being loaded at the same time. Please be patient for the final version.

EDIT : It was because of the Certain Blow skill, woops, sorry. But the rally bug really exists.

Hi there, thanks for you great hack! I wanted to report two bugs with Artur, I dunno if this has been addressed, but his Rally Magic doesn't work (No Rally option shows up on the menu) and I've just noticed that his avoid isn't taken into account, so every enemy has 100% accuracy on him, yikes.

Edited by MalikTheScot

6 hours ago, MalikTheScot said:

EDIT : It was because of the Certain Blow skill, woops, sorry. But the rally bug really exists.

Hi there, thanks for you great hack! I wanted to report two bugs with Artur, I dunno if this has been addressed, but his Rally Magic doesn't work (No Rally option shows up on the menu) and I've just noticed that his avoid isn't taken into account, so every enemy has 100% accuracy on him, yikes.

The "Rally" bug is fixed. I'm using the version 05-03-2020 and i don't have any problem with Arthur's Rally so you are using an older version.

This is a fantastic patch and I've played through it a lot. I remember before the str/mag split, I got all the way to the last level of the Ruins on hard mode... then immediately quit when I saw what I was up against. Partially because I was already tired of the game by that point, mostly because... good lord that was nuts. Anyway, I downloaded the patch before this one and my Soldier Ameila and Great Lord Ephraim didn't get any skills! I was really hyped to Aether things with the badass new animations. :( I assume both classes have been fixed in the new patch? 

I'd like to download the newest one, but if you might actually do three promotion options, then I'm totally gonna wait for that one. I really, really like the new classes you've added and it makes me sad that they're enemy-only. I dream of Tana, Vanessa, and Syrene all having different mounts and still pulling off triangle attacks. If you were to do that, any idea how long it might take?

22 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

This is a fantastic patch and I've played through it a lot. I remember before the str/mag split, I got all the way to the last level of the Ruins on hard mode... then immediately quit when I saw what I was up against. Partially because I was already tired of the game by that point, mostly because... good lord that was nuts. Anyway, I downloaded the patch before this one and my Soldier Ameila and Great Lord Ephraim didn't get any skills! I was really hyped to Aether things with the badass new animations. :( I assume both classes have been fixed in the new patch? 

I'd like to download the newest one, but if you might actually do three promotion options, then I'm totally gonna wait for that one. I really, really like the new classes you've added and it makes me sad that they're enemy-only. I dream of Tana, Vanessa, and Syrene all having different mounts and still pulling off triangle attacks. If you were to do that, any idea how long it might take?

Thanks! The last level of the Ruins was a placeholder, I was still testing it out. There will be something similiar in the next version, but more balanced. I'm sorry about some classes not having their skills in the old patch, the data seems to have been deleted because of me expanding the class list and editing fragile data. The latest version fixes that, so I recommend updating to it, the save file will be compatible.

Regarding the three promotions, I do intend to implement it, but only after finishing the ruins and making sure that applying it won't break something else in the ROM. The ruins are done up to floor 3, and I actually currently have a good amount of spare time to work on the hack because of the corona virus pandemic. Give me one or two weeks and I think the hack will be completed.

I'm at the end of the game and most of my characters are past the point where they'd get those abilities, so I actually played around with FEBuilder to sort of fix things. It's a fun tool, I can see why you've been at this for so long.

I think you said in an earlier post that nobody's ever told you this patch is too hard before, but every time I get to Chapter 19 on Hard mode I want to tear my fingers off. I could just be bad at Fire Emblem, but the combination of all-round solid stats, badass skills, and new weapons are just punishing - I can deal with it up to this point, but 19 always takes me hours to beat in this hack. In Hard Mode I generally find myself abusing the AI with Gilliam's taunt skill and summoned phantoms. Speaking of phantoms (I love that Necromancers can use axes, btw), is it me or do they not scale as well as they do in vanilla? I pretty much ONLY use them to bait enemies and they always get obliterated by even single foes, whereas in vanilla I remember being able to sort of put up a fight.

Have I mentioned how awesome the Wight Lunge conga lines are? The first time they pulled Ross into a mob of them and stabbed him to death, I was as amused as I was amazed.

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I'm at the end of the game and most of my characters are past the point where they'd get those abilities, so I actually played around with FEBuilder to sort of fix things

The characters don't get their skills if they are already past the level in which they learn them? That sucks 😞 . I know that the enemies don't have such problems because their data is generated when they load, but if I recall correctly, the playable characters have their skills saved so they can keep the skills they learned, so this may be the reason.

I think you said in an earlier post that nobody's ever told you this patch is too hard before, but every time I get to Chapter 19 on Hard mode I want to tear my fingers off. I could just be bad at Fire Emblem, but the combination of all-round solid stats, badass skills, and new weapons are just punishing - I can deal with it up to this point, but 19 always takes me hours to beat in this hack. In Hard Mode I generally find myself abusing the AI with Gilliam's taunt skill and summoned phantoms

Ah, yes I've been wondering that lately. I haven't made it to chapter 19 myself to test it, but something I noticed while making my modifications is that in the vanilla game, a lot of the reinforcements are unpromoted enemies, and I remember beign concerned that turning all of them into promoted units would make it too difficult. Based on your feedback, I guess it did. I think I should reduce the number of enemies on that map to make up for the fact that all of them are promoted and have skills. I had to do a similar thing in Ephraim's chapter 13, because even on normal and abusing Duessel's provoke and Seth, that chapter was still hellish because of the enemies being stronger and having skills.

Speaking of phantoms (I love that Necromancers can use axes, btw), is it me or do they not scale as well as they do in vanilla? I pretty much ONLY use them to bait enemies and they always get obliterated by even single foes, whereas in vanilla I remember being able to sort of put up a fight.

Whoops, I forgot to edit the phantoms, so shame on me. They are completely vanilla and that's why they feel weaker.

Have I mentioned how awesome the Wight Lunge conga lines are? The first time they pulled Ross into a mob of them and stabbed him to death, I was as amused as I was amazed.

Yeah, I was thinking of how to make the skeletons a little bit scarier without just buffing stats and turns out this skill fits that purpone very well. I got the idea from those annoying thieves (ninjas?) in Fates' DLC chapter where you fight alongside Chrom, Lissa and Frederick. This skill makes it so just unleashing a unit near a mob of them will often result in said unit getting cornered and stabbed to death.

As to the next update, I'm happy to say that I've learned how transformations work and managed to successfully import Idunn, the Fire Dragon (FE 7) and the FE 6 Manaketes to the game. Lagdou Ruins just got spicy 😛

And talking about spicy, I'm also attempting to make a custom battle animation for a certain FE 7 villain that is gonna be featured in the ruins...

YGbz5dh.png           latest?cb=20160622215548

Still very WIP, so we'll see how that goes.

Now that you mention it, I did start having a rough time from chapter 10 and onwards. I had to savescum really hard to save all the NPCs in Ephraim's chapter 10 because the enemies would get there and start killing them by the second turn and there was almost nothing I could do about it. The rest isn't too rough until 19, where I have a full party of 20/10 units all equipped with the best crap I can buy and I can barely hold the enemies off, much less make the push to Riev like I usually do. I could improve my strategy, but everyone except my fastest units like Tana and Joshua aren't doubling anyone on the map except for Warriors, who have Barrier to make up for that anyway. Throw the Silver and Gold weapons on everyone on top of their good stats and they are a very formidable force, especially since their promoted skills start coming online. I can't wait until I can buy some of this stuff.

Man, I don't know how you're cramming all of these new classes and sprites into the game, it's very impressive.
If I may make a suggestion, I find it a bit lame when some characters have personal skills that are the same as other people's class skills, like Amelia's Light Weight and Knoll's Voice of Peace. They both fit for the characters and I understand it, it just feels less special than some of the game changing skills like Garcia's or Ewan's. I went overboard when I was playing around and gave them Killing Machine and Lumina, but I get why you might not want to use those. I put Slayer onto the Champion class, too, just so Kyle could have 6 skills like the mounted characters. That and Resolve are stupid fun.

WAIT, CAN YOU GIVE PHANTOMS SKILLS TOO?

Edited by l33tmaan

hello there its me again and ive once again been enjoying this hack still, but as ive been replaying it with the 05-03-20 patch, uhm...Ive run into something im not sure is supposed to happen

image.png.d033bf8fff863e51a76366322431d4b2.png

image.png.e7d6a9ea55666645bd77249d918cef81.png

I-Is she supposed to be here?