[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

(yet another) New version released

This (hopefully) fixes the issue with promoted classes getting too much EXP. I apologize for releasing so many updates, but this one should be the last for a while.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/13/2020 at 12:39 AM, ArcExellion said:

Hello, good job with hack, i wanted know what "with and without minimug" change in game

Minimugs are those summarized windows that appear when you move the cursor over a unit. There's a screenshot in the main post showing what they look like.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:38 AM, LettuceAway said:

quick question: Anyone has tried delta attack with arbalest? If im not mistaken, it still works but the animation is glitchy for the arbalest unit, kinda like "missingno" pokemon

I forgot about that thing. Not even sure if I can do anything about it though.

14 hours ago, bcahqzruh said:

can you play saves from previous patch in new patch? or you must make a new save in new patch ? 

Saves should be compatible.

10 hours ago, Bigotedone said:

Is it possible for you to replace the fighter into general promo to fighter into gladiator instead? Another potential gladiator besides Gerik would be nice. 

It's not possible because the gladiator doesn't have an axe animation. This would lead to the game crashing during promotion.

So.... I contradicted myself and released a new version. Sorry, but I had to fix the minibosses in Tower of Valni having busted stats. Also sliiiiiiiightly increased EXP yield because I felt it was too strict in the previous version.

Ok so there were a few changes or bugs that saw and I wanted to confirm just incase my emulator messed up again: 

- Excalibur's range changed from 1-3 to 2-3

- When I summon with knoll, the summon always spawns with a silver axe. However, the axe rank on the summon is D which means the summon can't attack.

- Promoting healers does a thing where their sprite appears on the screen for a bit after promotion

- Tethys is getting even less EXP than usual (less than 80%)

This is from the 12-06 version since my emulator is weird and I can't keep saves between versions so my mini bosses are still BEEFY in valni

On 6/17/2020 at 12:53 PM, Wise2171 said:

Been awhile since I've been here, this hack still going strong is a nice surprise. Can't wait to get back into it and see how great it is.

Hope you like the changes. I only have one more updated planned for this hack and after that I can finally move on to an original hack.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:07 PM, Altale said:

- Excalibur's range changed from 1-3 to 2-3

Excalibur's range was intended to be 2-3 from the start, since it's a wind tome. 1-3 was an oversight that only recently I noticed and corrected.

- When I summon with knoll, the summon always spawns with a silver axe. However, the axe rank on the summon is D which means the summon can't attack.

Will look into it.

- Promoting healers does a thing where their sprite appears on the screen for a bit after promotion

Yeah, that happens with Moulder, Natasha and L'Arachel. The issue seems to be caused because they can only wield staves, which work differently than other weapons. Since I have no combat animation slots avaialble, I cannot fix this issue.

- Tethys is getting even less EXP than usual (less than 80%)

I opted to classify her as a promoted unit. She can dance, use swords, anima magic and has higher caps than in vanilla, so I think she's powerful enough to be considered promoted.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hack or the skill system, but some skills seem to work under questionable conditions. Tana's personal skill says it negates critical attacks against her, but when going up against a Myrmidon with a Killing Edge, the skill only seemed to work on Player Phase. The same Myrmidon then had no problem critting her into oblivion on Enemy Phase.

It has come to my attention that saving the game while in the Tower of Valni or the Lagdou Ruins may cause issues with the save file. I've experienced events freezing the game after doing this, so for now I advise not to save the game in these locations. That feature will be removed for the final update.

17 hours ago, CultivatedFinch said:

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the hack or the skill system, but some skills seem to work under questionable conditions. Tana's personal skill says it negates critical attacks against her, but when going up against a Myrmidon with a Killing Edge, the skill only seemed to work on Player Phase. The same Myrmidon then had no problem critting her into oblivion on Enemy Phase.

That is an issue with the skill system. Not all skills seem to work as they are described. I also noticed that the skills "counter" and "counter-magic" only work on enemy phase. I updated all their descriptions, but I can't test all the skills by myself. If you or anyone else find any more issues, please report to me. Do keep in mind that the skill system is still a WIP and it's getting constant updates.

1 hour ago, bcahqzruh said:

if our units are already level 20 before promotion and already have 4 skills, are their skill will stay or be replaced by a new class skill when we promotes them?

Any single unit has a limit of 6 skills: 1 personal, 1 class and 4 learnt by level. If they somehow go above 6, I believe the game will ask you which skill you want to replace.

8 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

when.... would I come out soon...  ?

I'll wait some days to see if any more serious bugs are reported. I also need to finish the custom animation I'm making for one of the optional bosses. Animations are hard 😞

3 hours ago, bløød said:

I'll wait some days to see if any more serious bugs are reported. I also need to finish the custom animation I'm making for one of the optional bosses. Animations are hard 😞

I see...

3 hours ago, bløød said:

You said that after you're done with this hack, you will start a new project, do you have anything in mind that you can tell us? Or, are you accepting suggestions?

On 6/23/2020 at 11:15 PM, Arhuhamel said:

You said that after you're done with this hack, you will start a new project, do you have anything in mind that you can tell us? Or, are you accepting suggestions?

I only have a main plot planned out. Still haven't started anything for real. A mere reskin/rebalance took me a year and half to complete, so don't expect an original hack any time soon.

11 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I just fought a level 20 Arbalest in chapter 15. Really threw me for a loop!

Apologies, it was supposed to be level 2. Fixed it for the next update.

Hi bløød and guys! 

First of all, thanks a lot for this hack, that's a huge thing, good job! 

I've just one question (sorry if it was already asked, I'm not really confortable to read all the messages, mostly cause I'm not really good in English :P)

I really want to play FE8 again, so I'm asking if this hack is fully plabable from the beginning to the end? 

Thanks! 

It's super playable. I love it so much. The only nitpicky issues I have are with a couple of the new branching classes. Particularly, it's really weird for the Troubadour and Wyvern Knight to possibly lose their mounts when promoting. I get why we'd want to fit the Dragoon class in and it would be weird putting it somewhere else, but there are already a lot of potential War Clerics on the team. I know it doesn't make much lore sense for L'Arachel to promote to a Dark Knight, but it does make sense for the the Troubadour to promote to a mounted class that specializes in one of the three magical styles. Losing a mount is a pretty hard blow to a character, IMO.

I've also played around with the Dragoon class to bump its movement up to 7 and give it its own movement style that's in between a Berserker and a flying unit, but I don't really know what I'm doing. The FF inspiration is obvious, so maybe it would be cool if it was still a decently mobile unit so poor Cormag doesn't become less mobile when he promotes?

I also find it funny you call this a "mere" reskin/rebalance. You've renewed my love for Sacred Stones and I'm sure you've learned a lot about FEBuilder that you can use on future projects.