[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

On 9/28/2021 at 7:34 AM, bløød said:

Oh, wow. I just returned from a hiatus and I'm pleased to see people are still interested in this project. It's currently 1:30 AM in my city right now, so I'll be answering everyone tomorrow. 

Let it be known that I'm almost done with the final planned version of this hack (currently in closed beta testing), and it fixes MANY bugs that people have been reporting. It will also add new fun features and overhauls a lot of classes and animations. I hope y'all enjoy it.

Heya! Glad to know hack didnt abandoned. BTW Thanks for this awsome hack. Im really had a great expirience to replay a FESS. Your hack much better then retail version if you ask me.
About a bug, what i found throutgh a game:
-- At first Creature Compaighn  title here named like prologue
-- Second one is glitch with thoron and this kind of spell. They scroll hit animation and gain exp bar to 3 or something line below center
-- Sometimes my and enemy units are attack imidiatly after you hit them. Kind of instacounterattack or crit
-- Few times i hear a sound of hit on unit in battlefield map right after battle!
-- If i soft reset a game it save on resume slot and after i resume it sometimes enemies can attack 2 or more times at turn.
I hope it help 

Edited by NrodasTheLordofNorthWest

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my pleasure to announce that the final version of this project has just been released. Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect:

1- There are now 8 versions to choose from. They are combinations of 2 choices across 3 categories so that the player can choose whichever version they would prefer to play. The categories and choices are as follows:

Full or Lite - The full version contains the community-made skill system. The lite version only contains vanilla skills. The lite version was made for people who complained about the skill bloating of the full version.
Random or fixed growths - The random growths is the vanilla system for leveling up. Stats are raised randomly according to character growths. The fixed growths are similar to the system found in FE9. Stats will be raised in predetermined levels.
With or without AI tweak - The versions with the AI tweak will prevent enemies from attacking player units to which they deal 0 damage. The versions without the AI tweak is the vanilla behavior of enemies dumbly attacking anyone in range.

2- There is now a casual mode available in every version of the hack, which can be selected upon starting a new game. In this mode, characters who fall in battle will return to your party on the next chapter.

3- A ton of bugs were fixed from the previous version

4- New classes, spells and animations were added. Some classes were overhauled. The full version also has a different distribution of skills from the previous version.

5- There is a new battle screen

6- Unarmed animations were added for every class. There is no longer the need to equip items to your units before promoting them.

7- Now you only need to clear the Tower and the Ruins once in order to unlock Selena and Lyon

8- The hack now uses an exp system similar to the one from FE14. Beta testers said this system is better than the previous one

9- Enemy stats and growth rates were adjusted for a better experience

10- The trainees can now promote to their super trainee classes in the first run

11- There are a few new weapons as well

Please enjoy the game!

Edited by bløød

On 10/7/2021 at 4:45 AM, bløød said:

It is my pleasure to announce that the final version of this project has just been released. Please enjoy the game!

Hello! Thanks for FINAL version of FESaTr.  
Unfortioionally , its still didnt save correct on EZ Flash Omega
Its works perfect on mGBA and OpenAGB.firm on 3DSes

And Final  version didnt compatible with saves from previous.  Then i use previous version saves i get this thing like on screenshots. Its megalol (Damn! Ship miniature on soldier are best) and sad.

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Sacred Trilogy Final Full RGWMAI[Hack]-0.png

Fire Emblem Sacred Trilogy Final Full RGWMAI[Hack]-1.png

Edited by NrodasTheLordofNorthWest

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded fixes for the issues that have been reported (on FEU).

-Added brave effect to Luce
-Fixed Mulagir’s effectiveness
-Fixed Jerme’s animations
-Nerfed the Tower minibosses
-Fixed Hero’s animations

Saves should be compatible.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:38 PM, NrodasTheLordofNorthWest said:

Hello! Thanks for FINAL version of FESaTr.  
Unfortioionally , its still didnt save correct on EZ Flash Omega
Its works perfect on mGBA and OpenAGB.firm on 3DSes

These cheating devices use codes that modify the ROM. These codes are specific to each game because of their memory structure, so using codes for the vanilla game will most likely not work for ROM hacks because they can be wildly different from the vanilla ROM (which is the case here).

Edited by bløød

I apologize for the constant updates, but I just want to be done with this project already. I just uploaded new fixes for the hack.

-Trickster now receives bonus for finding desert treeasures (like thieves and rogues)
-Wyvern knights and snipers received a 15% critical boost
-Fixed a script error for the Monarch’s animation
-Minor text corrections
-Replaced the “Pestilence” spell with a new one
-Changed Glen’s skills
-Fixed a script error for the “Inferno” spell animation

As always, saves should be compatible. Do note that if you already have Glen or a wyvern knight, they will not receive the new skills. Snipers will receive the crit boost regardless.
By the way, I had to rebuild the ROM in order to apply theses changes, so let’s hope there aren’t any nasty side effects. Also, it has become very annoying to maintain 8 different versions -.-’

I have bad news—When I downloaded the new patch (random growths with AI), it did some really weird shit to my postgame file. At first I thought it just deleted it, but then I realized my patch wasn't named properly so it could access the save file, so I fixed that, only to get...this:

Fire Emblem Sacred Trilogy 2021-10-30 17.49.12.png

Fire Emblem Sacred Trilogy 2021-10-30 17.49.54.png

Fire Emblem Sacred Trilogy 2021-10-30 17.50.49.png

Fire Emblem Sacred Trilogy 2021-10-30 17.50.56.png

Fire Emblem Sacred Trilogy 2021-10-30 17.50.59.png

Hey guys, I just updated the list of skills and the promotion chart. Check the first post of this thread to view them.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:53 PM, Marlowe said:

I have bad news—When I downloaded the new patch (random growths with AI), it did some really weird shit to my postgame file. At first I thought it just deleted it, but then I realized my patch wasn't named properly so it could access the save file, so I fixed that, only to get...this:

That's not really a bug. This final version of the hack is incompatible with the previous ones. The latter had a lot of leftover garbage data back from when the STR/MAG slpit was implemented, so I had to restart from scratch. I apologize for the inconvenience, but the final version will require a new game to be started.

This is for me one of the best hack if it was a top 10 best hack. Everything is pretty balanced, you did a great job (even if i want a lunatic mode) but like that it's already perfect. 

Else i wanted to ask, have you others project in the futur after this great pause you deserve of course.

Ps : If one day FE8 is remasterd they need to watch your work man, i will see what i can do and send a mail to Nintento like that they see your awesome work.

Edit : I forgot to say, it's very hard to find FE8 good ROM without problems, you should give the right link to make it work when you use NUPS. Do you want i give you the link or it's illegal ? Like that you post it and eveyrone has access to it. 

Edited by judge09
Forgot

Else for a better experience with a remasterd FE8 Ost, i recommend you to make this link with your UPS hack in your post.

You will tell me what's the point ?

For example, you can mute the game sound and hear this remastered ost while playing for better experience.

I recommend you to try it : 

This is it: the final planned update for Sacred Trilogy. Now I can finally move on and start working on something else 😄

-Added the Gorgon egg animations made by Ryn. Additionally, the eggs should reward more EXP
-Slight increase of constitution for the super trainee classes
-Added the recently released animations for the monarch class

Also, this is undertandably gonna upset some people, but I made substantial changes for the skill system. Most of it will require a fresh new game in order to take effect.
-I took great care to remove skills that were only useful for the player from classes that could belong to enemy units. This means skills like provoke and savior were made personal and replaced by others.
-Canto+ is a huge advantage to mounted units. In order to make unmounted units counter it, they all received a movement skill, such as Shove or Swap.
-Skillsets for some classes were changed. Some personal skills were also changed. Please view the Skill list on the first post to identify the relevant changes (I’ll update it as soon as I finish this post)
-Personal skills are unique to each character, meaning no other unit will ever have access to them.

That’s basically it. I don’t intend to work on this project anymore, unless a game-breaking bug is found (which is unlikely). It’s been a fun and bumpy ride, but it’s time to move on. Thanks to everybody who playtested and helped the project somehow during development. Also, huge thanks to the hacking community for all the assets that made this project possible. I’ll properly credit everybody soon (it’s a lot of stuff…).

On 11/11/2021 at 4:32 PM, bløød said:

This is it: the final planned update for Sacred Trilogy. Now I can finally move on and start working on something else 😄

-Added the Gorgon egg animations made by Ryn. Additionally, the eggs should reward more EXP

Also, this is undertandably gonna upset some people, but I made substantial changes for the skill system. Most of it will require a fresh new game in order to take effect.
-I took great care to remove skills that were only useful for the player from classes that could belong to enemy units. This means skills like provoke and savior were made personal and replaced by others.
-Canto+ is a huge advantage to mounted units. In order to make unmounted units counter it, they all received a movement skill, such as Shove or Swap.
-Skillsets for some classes were changed. Some personal skills were also changed. Please view the Skill list on the first post to identify the relevant changes (I’ll update it as soon as I finish this post)
-Personal skills are unique to each character, meaning no other unit will ever have access to them.

That’s basically it. I don’t intend to work on this project anymore, unless a game-breaking bug is found (which is unlikely). It’s been a fun and bumpy ride, but it’s time to move on. Thanks to everybody who playtested and helped the project somehow during development. Also, huge thanks to the hacking community for all the assets that made this project possible. I’ll properly credit everybody soon (it’s a lot of stuff…).

I was itching for an FE8 replay and happened to come across this thread. Thank you for your hard work & I can't wait to play it!

edit: leadership stars don't seem to give any hit&avoid for either the player or the enemy... (I'm playing fixed mode with skills&AI)

Edited by Chairman Meow

• 3 months later...
On 11/11/2021 at 10:32 PM, bløød said:

Hello, I want to inform you that you forgot to set green palettes for NPCs. An example is Garcia. Before he joins us, he should have a green palette. :( The setup is not difficult so I hope you will correct it as this is a bug. Some NPC have a green palette and some do not!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I know you stopped updating the hack now since it's technically finished but I still love it and I'm somewhat new on FEBuilders and tweaking some stuff in it for my own fun enjoyment (like adding playable Sophia in Ch4 lol) but I'm not fully well knowledgeable on the editing, and to gain experience and learn how to make ones for myself from scratch.

In one case, I'm not exactly fond of Swordmaster sprite for Marisa since it looks out of place in comparison to the other ones so I'm hoping to just revert it to the Vanilla ones but I dunno how to edit this one. Also I was wondering what's the recruited characters limit in the game? I've added a few ones so far with no problems or bugs other than visual bugs with the sprites on prep-screen but not too gamebreaking.

• 1 year later...

Hey, big thanks for the mod, it was fun.

I wanted to replay sacred stones after years but with an extra spice on top, and after just a bit of reading the description your mod seemed perfect. Also noticed that there were a very recent patch, so everything seemed to fit together just well. I decided to start 2.1.2 on a no skills, fixed growth rates, hard Ephraim game.

The new animations, items, class and sprites are all good. Special mention to mage lord Erika which is 10/10 but I very much liked many other sprites as well. All the quality of life changes such as multiple S rank weapons or extra action after talking are very much appreciated, and I really liked the

Spoiler

19x

surprise. The level design is also quite nice. The first 10 chapters were on the perfect difficulty to me ; Not too hard, I only needed to retry at the fog of war chapter because I was surprised I think, but I was sweating all the way, which is nice. Chapter 10 is when things got too spicy though, my characters were underleveled, and Cormag alone was utterly terrifying and while I could manage him, I couldn't finish the chapter in time to get the special drop from the boss. After a visit to the Tower of Valni though the next chapters were perfectly fine again. One problem I found with the difficulty though, is that while characters starting as enemies such as Cormag get a nice level up to adjust to the game, ally units -both green and blues- spawn at the exact same stat as vanilla, making them clearly outscaled by the enemies. In the later chapters of the game, this is a bit penalizing. The two primary example I experienced was on chapter 15, erika was spawning as she left ; meaning very weak at this point. And let me tell you Innes and Saleh were clearly not up to date either, because they get two shotted by any wyverns or falcon. Same on chapter 17, saving the villagers is hard enough when wyverns can decide to rush them and go for the kill in turn 2, but Syrene also is clearly not there, similarly getting two shot by the 3 summoners and few wyverns coming her way, even worse is that she willingly is running to them on ally turn. Thoses chapters are possible with luck, teleports or such things but man it feel misplaced. Because of thoses experiences I was pretty happy to see that Rausten generals in chapter 19 were super strong.

Two points I wanna notice though, one is that I'm still lost on a few mechanics the game has, I still have no idea on how the leadership system even start or what to do with the ore that some boss drop. Same for the surveying kit. Are they things only in the full version, or things I missed the point of? The other is a complain, as according to the mod description, myrrh dragonstone should be unlimited but nerfed. But I have only 30 utilisation ones... It was changed in a recent version I assume? That's too bad because it's actually one of the reason I clicked on the mod initially lol. I definitely expected

Spoiler

the lagdou ruin one to be that at least, since there were so many other good unlimited weapons. Though I'd still have been a bit sad because it's such a lategame thing

The only bugs I had were minor visual bugs like that instead of "creature campaign" there's nothing showed in the chapter selection in my game ( like so https://imgur.com/a/gAFPmkW ), and the char selection sprite is weird since I did some lagdou level ( https://imgur.com/a/AElSjXl  ) Maybe I aquired some char the game don't understand. There's also minor weirdies in the scenario, like at the very end after the demon king is killed

Spoiler

the Frelia gang are saying things like "we gotta report that to the king ! But going back will wait" bro the king is right there.

Anyway very good spice would recommand. I'll likely replay the game again with skills, normal erika to see how the game is normally. Hard with skill sounds pretty painful so I'll avoid that.