[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

What Harken J say is true, Moulder freeze the game if you select War Monk.

Myrrh has 2 "Dragon Fang" in the skill section (picture below).

2 Skills.PNG

Edited by Dedesett

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the problem. It also happens with Natasha and L'Arachel trying to promote to War Cleric. Promotion with staves is very confusing. It seems to use the promoted class' unarmed animation. Unfortunately, I only have 1 animation slot available. I'm gonna have to make a hard choice and remove some other one. Thinking about removing Neimi's exclusive sniper animation. 

No, Neimi no please. What about Innes? Fuck, it's too hard to think what animation to remove. Can you eliminate that third class for staff users?

Edited by Dedesett

38 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

No, Neimi no please. What about Innes? Fuck, it's too hard to think what animation to remove. Can you eliminate that third class for staff users?

I don't know if you've seen the new sniper animations, but they look a lot better than the exclusive ones IMO. This is what Neimi would look like with them:

KQdbPBE.gif

Anyway, I think I will run a poll to see what people think.

Edited by bløød

7 minutes ago, bløød said:

I don't know if you've seen the new sniper animations, but they look a lot better than the exclusive ones IMO. This is what Neimi would look like with them:

https://i.imgur.com/KQdbPBE.gifv

So ... you are going to eliminate the actual Neimi animation and put that sniper animation to her? Is that correct?

Edited by Dedesett

2 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

So ... you are going to eliminate the actual Neimi animation and put that sniper animation to her? Is that correct?

That is the plan, yes. But I think it's better if I run a poll so people can choose wich animation to remove.

1 minute ago, bløød said:

That is the plan, yes. But I think it's better if I run a poll so people can choose wich animation to remove.

I think i saw that animation in snipers in the Arena (i used the Arena to complete the game faster to see if there were bugs in any chapter).

if that's the animation that Neimi will use from now on, then go ahead and replace it. It's fucking amazing.

8 hours ago, bløød said:

KQdbPBE.gif

blood, where do you find these animations? where can i check to see when a new animation/sprite comes out?

3 hours ago, Arhuhamel said:

blood, where do you find these animations? where can i check to see when a new animation/sprite comes out?

Ik I'm not Blood but, here is where I believe most people get them from
https://feuniverse.us/t/the-ultimate-graphics-repository-for-gbafe-fexp-and-fexna/3326/1578

New version released to fix the War Monk/Cleric promotions. Also fixes Myrrh's double dragon fang.

11 hours ago, Arhuhamel said:

As @SilverManedWolf said, anything new usually pops up first in FEU's graphics repository thread.

They also have a google drive folder containing nearly all of the assets ever made by the community.

Hello, just a question regarding the new 3rd promotion option with Artur. His 3rd promotion list mage knight. Is that correct, and if so how is this managed as mage knight doesn't have light magic.

1 hour ago, TJE said:

Hello, just a question regarding the new 3rd promotion option with Artur. His 3rd promotion list mage knight. Is that correct, and if so how is this managed as mage knight doesn't have light magic.

That works because the magic animation is the same for light, dark and anima. But you have just reminded me that I forgot to set Artur up so that he will lose his light rank when promoting to mage knight. 😕

I originally wanted him to promote to war monk, but that was not possible beacause the war monk doesn't have animations for magic. But after the most recent update I had to include unarmed animations for the war monk, so it might actually work now. Huh...

3 hours ago, bløød said:

New version released to fix the War Monk/Cleric promotions. Also fixes Myrrh's double dragon fang.

Did you remove Neimi's animation to make the fix or wasn't necessary?

man this is great, last time I was here is like 2-3 months ago

now this patch is crazier than before, definitely gonna re-play it ASAP, tho I have 1 question: how's the character's palette? I remember that custom unit has trickier palette, I remember when I was tinkering with arbalest and dread fighter, when I use the default character's palette they went crazy, so you have to manually recolor the palette yourself

but really, this is awesometacular thank you

Blood, there is a difference in XP gain among the difficulties? I finished the game last month on normal on eirika's route, but now i'm playing the newer version on easy, and I'm feeling that the XP is reduced for killing enemies, am i going nuts or does this exist?

Edited by Arhuhamel

4 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Blood, there is a difference in XP gain among the difficulties? I finished the game last month on normal on eirika's route, but now i'm playing the newer version on easy, and I'm feeling that the XP is reduced for killing enemies, am i going nuts or does this exist?

I will quote the creator because he answered that before :

- One major problem that arrised when I increased enemie's levels was that playable units would receive massive amounts of EXP. Anyone who has already played this hack noticed how their units would be 4-5 levels stronger than the enemies. In order to minimize this problem, I reduced the amount of EXP earned to roughly 80%.

26 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

I will quote the creator because he answered that before :

- One major problem that arrised when I increased enemie's levels was that playable units would receive massive amounts of EXP. Anyone who has already played this hack noticed how their units would be 4-5 levels stronger than the enemies. In order to minimize this problem, I reduced the amount of EXP earned to roughly 80%.

ok, but this is in every mode? 80% xp gain on easy, normal and hard?

Is there some adjustment to the combat system. sometimes i get doubled by units with the same speed with me, then sometimes i do not get doubled by a nearly identical unit (same speed and nearly same weapon, same weapon type). I cannot seem to find any sort of consistent rules for doubling and being doubled. any ideas? My guess is potentially there is biorythm that i do not know about.  if so how would one check that?

Edited by slamminsamj
additional thought

Did the exp reduction not affect Lute? Because she is still gaining exp way more than she should even with paragon. She gained an entire level from an unpromoted enemy as a lvl 2 mage knight, while my other unpromoted units gain like 10 exp from the same enemies 

Edited by TJE

10 hours ago, LettuceAway said:

now this patch is crazier than before, definitely gonna re-play it ASAP, tho I have 1 question: how's the character's palette? I remember that custom unit has trickier palette, I remember when I was tinkering with arbalest and dread fighter, when I use the default character's palette they went crazy, so you have to manually recolor the palette yourself

Yeah, I had to make individual palettes for every character. Some custom classes don't really allow too much customization because sometimes palettes are shared between weapons and hair for example.

4 hours ago, Arhuhamel said:

ok, but this is in every mode? 80% xp gain on easy, normal and hard?

Every mode.

2 hours ago, slamminsamj said:

Is there some adjustment to the combat system. sometimes i get doubled by units with the same speed with me, then sometimes i do not get doubled by a nearly identical unit (same speed and nearly same weapon, same weapon type). I cannot seem to find any sort of consistent rules for doubling and being doubled. any ideas? My guess is potentially there is biorythm that i do not know about.  if so how would one check that?

The hack still uses the vanilla calculation for attack speed. Attack speed does not rely only on speed, constitution of the character is also very important. This is the formula:
AS = Speed – (Weapon Weight – Constitution, take as 0 if negative) [Minimum is 0]
Double Attack if: (Attack Speed – enemy Attack Speed) >= 4

If you're playing with the minimugs, the AS is already shown there. A unit will double attack if its AS is at least 4 points higher than the AS of the unit beign attacked.

1 hour ago, TJE said:

Did the exp reduction not affect Lute? Because she is still gaining exp way more than she should even with paragon. She gained an entire level from an unpromoted enemy as a lvl 2 mage knight, while my other unpromoted units gain like 10 exp from the same enemies 

You're the second person to report this. I guess paragon is behaving oddly. Will look into it.

12 hours ago, bløød said:

could u please change their skills abit. Like change their personal skill and class skills. This is the 3rd time I play Eiraka with charm skill and so on with other charaters.... @@