[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

Hello again, I play too a lot of version of this hack and I start the latest version today but I'm pretty sad, where are every sprite who look so good ( Joshua for exemple)? Really I'm disappointed the hack was so good and the latest version is not so good for me 😞

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Pioupiou said:

Hello again, I play too a lot of version of this hack and I start the latest version today but I'm pretty sad, where are every sprite who look so good ( Joshua for exemple)? Really I'm disappointed the hack was so good and the latest version is not so good for me 😞

I will quote bløød  : "Unfortunately, due to how the creator of FEBuilder updated the skill system I am limited to 127 classes and can no longer afford to keep the unique animations"

But he is working on something, i will quote him again I'm still working on the update to include the custom animations. Turns out there was a patch for that and therefore I don't need to create entire new classes to use them.

Wait the next patch and you probably will be happy again.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked of/ made a thing

but has the support system been touched? Things like the support limit and A conversations being locked behind a specific ending always irritated me since I want to be able to read them to see if I like how it ends first.

Hello guys, it's been some time. Figured I'd post a quick update on the hack.

-I have updated the skill system to the latest version. There are new skills in the game, and some units and classes had their skill sets updated.

-There is now a strength and magic split, so some classes will be able to use magic and physical weapons.

-I managed to correctly include the sound effects of Eliwood's critical hit, so Orson can use them. I also managed to include the original attack sounds of Athos, which are used by Mansel.

- I made new map sprites for Seth and updated several others.

- Legendary spells from FE6 and FE7 have been added.

-There is now an anima spell triangle.

-Included custom animations for some playable characters.

-Lagdou Ruins will feature several characters from FE 6 and 7, some of them with custom animations.

-So far, Eirika's route and Tower of Valni are done. Currently working on Ephraim's route and Lagdou Ruins.

-New tiers of weapons have been added. A problem with the vanilla game is that the change from steel to silver weaponry is too sudden and powerful. I set it up so that Slim<Iron<Steel<Silver<Gold<Great and this creates more variety.

-Corrected an issue preventing Draco Zombies from using their breath weapons.

I'm also keeping an eye on your feedback and will make changes accordingly. That's all for now.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:18 AM, Rotted Fish said:

Sorry if this has been asked of/ made a thing

but has the support system been touched? Things like the support limit and A conversations being locked behind a specific ending always irritated me since I want to be able to read them to see if I like how it ends first.

I once tried using a patch to allow up to 10 support conversations, but it is was very buggy and unreliable, so I had to remove it. Units do gain support points up by being up to 3 titles away from each other though.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:21 PM, Harperers said:

Arthur can't use his "Rally magic"...

He can now that there is a Str/Mag split.

i was so happy to read the update that i didn't realize that it was a information update hahaha. (Because is a information update, righ? I don't see the new ups files so ... maybe i'm blind and you updated the ups files.)

I can say that the next update is looking very good. I can't thank you enough for taking all this effort to make the game even better that it was. I can't wait to try it out once is out. One thing that i don't see or maybe i'm blind is the fix for Ross bug on easy mode.

Edited by Dedesett

first of all thank you so very much for doing this patch. I remember couple years ago i played FE8 with a general overhaul patch (something that only Eirika's route that is playable, forgot its name), it was pretty rough but its passable and then last month suddenly I wanna replay FE8 again so i search for that last patch overhaul but I found this gem of a patch. it is everything I want in FE8, it makes the game more interesting, more engaging, and more fun. so thank you very much

but I still want to ask couple of questions if anyone can answer:

1. I notice dread fighter and general's idle animation is little out of cursor when you highlight them, why is that? And yes I did use dread fighter as a unit, for my girl Marisa

2. In some of transition screen like when Ephraim and Eirika received their solar/lunar brace, the screen was teared. In chapter 18,  in flashback cutscene, the screen also teared. They dont do anything harm you can just play the game normally but still. Is that normal?

3. I noticed that if you use myrrh without battle animation that every time she attacks, she turns into a female berserker with purple light. why is that?

4. I also noticed some of windows when you do battle without animation were teared. it happened in valni tower, and I did bring dread fighter to my party. Again its not game breaking, you can just do battle with animation to remove the tearing windows

5. some skills have the same name, do you plan to change it forward? FYI I did use FEBuilder to change the name. its a small nitpick but I dont feel comfortable seeing skills with the same name but has different effect

that is all and i notice you said you were starting to get overwhelmed by this patch, I understand that but at least let me say my gratitude for doing this work and I really hope you can finish everything before you decide to retire from this project. cheers

Edited by LettuceAway

On 2/17/2020 at 3:19 AM, Dedesett said:

i was so happy to read the update that i didn't realize that it was a information update hahaha. (Because is a information update, righ? I don't see the new ups files so ... maybe i'm blind and you updated the ups files.)

I can say that the next update is looking very good. I can't thank you enough for taking all this effort to make the game even better that it was. I can't wait to try it out once is out. One thing that i don't see or maybe i'm blind is the fix for Ross bug on easy mode.

It's just information on what I've been doing. I don't want to release yet another unfinished version because I might change stuff later and people will keep losing their progress due to possible version incompatibilities. I'll release the next update after everything's done, so please be patient. 

As to the Ross thing, I forgot to mention that I reintroduced the trainee classes. I just felt that arbitrarily promoting them kinda took away a lot of the fun from using them. Players will be able to choose a promotion path that fits their need once again. This also solves the Ross issue because his recruitment is completely vanilla.

19 hours ago, LettuceAway said:

first of all thank you so very much for doing this patch. I remember couple years ago i played FE8 with a general overhaul patch (something that only Eirika's route that is playable, forgot its name), it was pretty rough but its passable and then last month suddenly I wanna replay FE8 again so i search for that last patch overhaul but I found this gem of a patch. it is everything I want in FE8, it makes the game more interesting, more engaging, and more fun. so thank you very much

Glad you like it! I just regret to say that it is still unfinished and the current available version has a few known issues, so just keep that in mind while playing. As I said before, I'm working in a major update to fix all the wrong stuff, so please be patient.

1. I notice dread fighter and general's idle animation is little out of cursor when you highlight them, why is that? And yes I did use dread fighter as a unit, for my girl Marisa

Yeah, it doesn't happen only with these classes. I also noticed the same issue with many of the custom ones. I just recently found out that I was supposed to change something called ROMTCS for the animation processing of those custom classes. So far, I managed to fix all the classes with the exception of Caellach's (Hector's) class, which doesn't have a corresponding processing data in FE8. 

2. In some of transition screen like when Ephraim and Eirika received their solar/lunar brace, the screen was teared. In chapter 18,  in flashback cutscene, the screen also teared. They dont do anything harm you can just play the game normally but still. Is that normal?

That is unfortunately normal with any FE8 reskin/hack. Seal recently said he had the same problem with his Sacred War hack, and even him doesn't know why that happens or how to fix it. Fortunately, this only happens during those chapters and doesn't do anything aside from looking ugly.

3. I noticed that if you use myrrh without battle animation that every time she attacks, she turns into a female berserker with purple light. why is that?

That is because of my dumb ass editing the data of character slot 0E without knowing it was related to manakete map animations. I overwrote that slot with the data of the female berserker, so whenever a manakete/draco zombie attacks, things will get glitchy. The issue with the draco zombies not beign able to use their breath is also because of this, since I had to remove the ability of that class slot to use monster weapons. This has been corrected already for the next update.

4. I also noticed some of windows when you do battle without animation were teared. it happened in valni tower, and I did bring dread fighter to my party. Again its not game breaking, you can just do battle with animation to remove the tearing windows

Can't say I ever ran into this issue, since I always test/play with animations on. I'll look into it.

5. some skills have the same name, do you plan to change it forward? FYI I did use FEBuilder to change the name. its a small nitpick but I dont feel comfortable seeing skills with the same name but has different effect

Nice suggestion, I'll do that.

2 hours ago, bløød said:

It's just information on what I've been doing. I don't want to release yet another unfinished version because I might change stuff later and people will keep losing their progress due to possible version incompatibilities. I'll release the next update after everything's done, so please be patient. 

As to the Ross thing, I forgot to mention that I reintroduced the trainee classes. I just felt that arbitrarily promoting them kinda took away a lot of the fun from using them. Players will be able to choose a promotion path that fits their need once again. This also solves the Ross issue because his recruitment is completely vanilla.

I didn't want to sound impatient, i'm just eager to play the patch , i didn't take the time to read all the information, i'm sorry.

Nice to hear that the Ross bug is fixed, thanks.

2 hours ago, bløød said:

Glad you like it! I just regret to say that it is still unfinished and the current available version has a few known issues, so just keep that in mind while playing. As I said before, I'm working in a major update to fix all the wrong stuff, so please be patient.

thank you for the answers. please do take your time to fix the patch. I cant imagine the physical and magical system are exist in FE8, cant wait to try that

On 2/18/2020 at 1:25 PM, Dedesett said:

I didn't want to sound impatient, i'm just eager to play the patch , i didn't take the time to read all the information, i'm sorry.

Nice to hear that the Ross bug is fixed, thanks.

Don't worry. I apologize if it seemed like I was upset, that wasn't my intention.

I tested the Ross recruitment and unfortunately, it keeps happening despite me leaving Ross completely unedited. The solution I found to this problem was to disable the tutorial for easy mode, and now recruiting Ross doesn't softlock the game anymore. I never noticed this happening because I never play/test on easy lol. And I think disabling the tutorial was for the better as well, since it makes the game behave very oddly during the first chapters.

12 hours ago, bløød said:

Don't worry. I apologize if it seemed like I was upset, that wasn't my intention.

I tested the Ross recruitment and unfortunately, it keeps happening despite me leaving Ross completely unedited. The solution I found to this problem was to disable the tutorial for easy mode, and now recruiting Ross doesn't softlock the game anymore. I never noticed this happening because I never play/test on easy lol. And I think disabling the tutorial was for the better as well, since it makes the game behave very oddly during the first chapters.

No problem, i just play in all modes to see how easy or hard is one part. And thanks to that i found the Ross Bug, but no problem. I always end playing the normal mode so it's all good.

Thanks anyway for trying to fix it.

Hey guys. I'm currently running another poll regarding the bishop animations and the Canto skill for mounted units. I wish to know which is the prefered animation and whether I should keep the vanilla Canto skill or replace it with Canto+. With Canto+, mounted units can move even after attacking. Keep in mind that the enemy AI is unable to use this, only the player can. Also, here's a preview of the bishop animations and the custom saint animations.

Magic.gif

Magic.gif

Magic.gif

Magic.gif

Edited by bløød

I voted for the custom Saint animations (because i love that orb critical thing) and for keeping the vanilla canto (canto+ sounds to op if the enemy can't use it).

I don't know if we are permitted to tell what we voted but if that's not permitted then i will edit my comment.

Edited by Dedesett

3 hours ago, Dedesett said:

I voted for the custom Saint animations (because i love that orb critical thing) and for keeping the vanilla canto (canto+ sounds to op if the enemy can't use it).

I don't know if we are permitted to tell what we voted but if that's not permitted then i will edit my comment.

It's okay. I also think canto+ would be OP, but I want to know what people think about it.

Have been playing this hack for a fair while now and it's extremely well done and fun to play. A suggestion for the post-game which I personally feel would be a nice addition however would be adding the pseudo-legendary S rank fe7 weapons (Rex hasta, Regal sword, Rienfleche etc) as high tier lagdou ruins loot or items from the shop. While they're high in might and hit, they require S-rank's and some have a significant weight (20 weight Gespenst) while not possessing any sort of effective damage (compared to the actual legendary weapons like Maltet which give stat boosts too) aside from Rienfleche on archers. Regardless, I'm hyped for the next update as it sounds like there's a lot of amazing content coming for an already great hack. 

personally im more into canto+ idea. moving after attack is pretty cool and if it were too OP why not limit it to main characters with special class? like Seth and Duessel, they all both are living legend in the story, adding canto+ to them wont break the game

For the creature campaign characters, they all designed to be OP even in vanilla game so why not? and beside we dont have multilink arena right? so there's no need to make all around balanced rosters. a couple OP character here and there wont hurt the experience. furthermore, Lagdou ruin is no joke and I freaking love it.

EDIT: I found a minor bug, seems that when you die from ranged attack without animation, the death quote wont trigger thus game over screen doesnt appear and your game will continue but with constant teared windows. I tested with melee off worked just fine. I am currently playing Eirika's with VBA on PC. Again its pretty minor because you WILL reload anyway if one of your character dies, at least for me. here's the SS

EDIT: so I just tested again, after I kill the skeleton and die due to ranged attack from boss without animation. surprise, no bug. It worked normally, Eirika dies, she talks and game over. So probably due to consecutive ranged attack off animation? Anyway id say is pretty negligible so thats that

fireemblem.png

Edited by LettuceAway

Else, can you make an area in the last dungeon level ? Knowing it's the Endgame, and after you can do nothing, i think an arena in this last dungeon can be a good reward.

Else there is a bug with Myrh when she uses the new stone, her animation is broken so the game crash. 

Edited by judge09

Hey guys, after long last the next version is released. Check the dropbox page for the patches. Everything is done, with the exception of Lagdou Ruins, which is gonna require considerable more time. I will try my very best not to make any more changes that will make the next version imcompatible with the one I released right now. 

Something very important to mention is that I had to remove all the unarmed animations for this version in order to include all the new ones. Make sure to promote your units while they have a weapon equipped, otherwise the promotion screen will glitch out. 

Let's hope this one will be as free of issues as possible.