[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

On 2/23/2020 at 8:17 PM, LettuceAway said:

yeah I also noticed that the newest builder offers more problem than the previous one. it makes me think, can you revert back? Only use the str and mag split but with the old skill system? I also notice that the some of the new skills are blank named and you can find it in all extend skill name txt. Im a total noob but I dont think that should happen. sure its registered in the game, but the name it self, when you assign it to the unit, it draws blank

All of the issues seem to habe been fixed, so no need to do that 🙂
However, there is an option to unistall the skill system. Doing this would also remove many of the functionalities, such as the STR/MAG split and passive stat boosters. Thankfully, that won't be necessary (at least for now).

On 2/23/2020 at 8:17 PM, LettuceAway said:

And does the new builder offer more maximum custom animation/unit than the old one? If its not, i say revert back is not a bad option.

If you are refering the battle animations, the maximum number of available slots has always been 255, skill system or no.

17 hours ago, Dedesett said:

That was fast, thank you. BTW, what are you using to have that font in game?

None, I'm just using one of the VBA filters to smooth the image a little.

1 - Did you change some icons of the weapons?

I did. I recently got permission from Tristan and GabrielKnight to use their icons. I'm still making some changes related to them.

2 - Yes, skirmishes and Tower of Valni now work properly and they have the retreat command, thanks.

That is awesome! 😄

8 hours ago, ccha116 said:

If I want to play a newer version of the game do I have to start again from the beginning or can I use the same .sg file for VBA? Im on chapter 18 on the 2-20-20 version and want to download the newer one. Don't feel like starting from chapter 1 again 😃

Yes, the versions I released lately are all compatible with each other. As I explained to another player:

You can use the save file from the previous version for the newer version. It just needs to have the same name of the game and to be in the same folder. For example:

Assume you have named the game as “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.gba” in your pc. In the same folder, there will be the save file named “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.sav”. Now, download the newer ups file and apply to a clean FE8 rom. Then name it “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Now go back to the ver 2-6 save file and rename it to “Sacred Trilogy Final.sav” and place it in the same folder as “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Open your emulator, run the game and choose the option to restart chapter in the game menu. You are now playing the newest version with a save file from an older version.

1 hour ago, Mattyboyjr06 said:

Hmm, that's a real shame regarding the item slot limit. Perhaps using a universal promotion item could free up a couple slots i.e. removing guiding rings and hero crests etc, just leaving the master seal, solar & lunar braces (maybe even unify them into an item called "astral brace" or something to save another slot) and the ocean seal. Though that's an unfortunate compromise at best. The only other thing that I could think of would be to remove useless items such as the juna fruit and the incorrectly coded aircalibur and maybe unify the effects of the antitoxin and elixirs so the new elixirs would both fully regen health and cure poison while removing the antitoxin item to free up another slot. 

Actually, I recently found out I could use some slots I had thought were reserved for the game menu, so....

1606461388_Capturadetela2020-02-2707_21_52.thumb.png.d832e8b83765a5afeadcfd3decaa758e.png

We doin' all the regalia from FE6 and FE7 😎 . They will all be featured in the Lagdou Ruins.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, bløød said:

All of the issues seem to habe been fixed, so no need to do that 🙂
However, there is an option to unistall the skill system. Doing this would also remove many of the functionalities, such as the STR/MAG split and passive stat boosters. Thankfully, that won't be necessary (at least for now).

If you are refering the battle animations, the maximum number of available slots has always been 255, skill system or no.

None, I'm just using one of the VBA filters to smooth the image a little.

I did. I recently got permission from Tristan and GabrielKnight to use their icons. I'm still making some changes related to them.

That is awesome! 😄

Yes, the versions I released lately are all compatible with each other. As I explained to another player:

You can use the save file from the previous version for the newer version. It just needs to have the same name of the game and to be in the same folder. For example:

Assume you have named the game as “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.gba” in your pc. In the same folder, there will be the save file named “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.sav”. Now, download the newer ups file and apply to a clean FE8 rom. Then name it “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Now go back to the ver 2-6 save file and rename it to “Sacred Trilogy Final.sav” and place it in the same folder as “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Open your emulator, run the game and choose the option to restart chapter in the game menu. You are now playing the newest version with a save file from an older version.

Actually, I recently found out I could use some slots I had thought were reserved for the game menu, so....

1606461388_Capturadetela2020-02-2707_21_52.thumb.png.d832e8b83765a5afeadcfd3decaa758e.png

We doin' all the regalia from FE6 and FE7 😎 . They will all be featured in the Lagdou Ruins.

I just finished again the hack and i can say impressive work, all works very well, no bugs, no glitches, everything is perfect, thank you.

I found the option in the emulatator make the font like yours. I like the new icons and i will wait with anticipation the new icons.

Thanks for all the work and take a break, you deserve it.

I just absent for a few days and already a fix thats crazy awesome

if its true that this patch can be played without any major problems, then id probably start my Ephraim campaign now

thank you alfather 7743 for the fixes and thank you too bløød, and dedesett for quality checking. Man This is an awesome patch

EDIT:
so healers (trobadour, cleric, priest) promotion screen will always be glitch no matter what right? well as long as it doesnt softlock the game so fine by me

and apparently, dread fighter receives unpromoted amount of EXP gain. Its not a problem per se but it is something. I tried to copy-paste the Dread fighter's data to the promoted unit like paladin to fix it, and it does. But, since this problem related to the actual data base Im not pursuing this problem any further. Again its just an EXP gain, which means my Marisa can wreak havoc even more easily

And I am sorry I did edit your patch a lil bit. I love Marisa, she's mah gurl and I freaking love dread fighter, what an awesome class. And in this patch the dread fighter's animation comes with ponytail?!! Damn it's a dead giveaway for Marisa in my book

and about secret shop in chapter 14 forgot to report to you but is this normal? I did encounter the same problem with the old patch. Or is it just me? I only tinker with Marisa related codes though, I never touch anything else beyond that

fireemblem1.png

Edited by LettuceAway

4 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Downloaded this patch a week or so ago, really enjoying it so far.

Do newer patches work on an already-patched ROM, to update it?

To make the new patch work you need to patch it to a fresh FE8 U Rom but you will be able to use your save. I will quote the creator because he explained it better.

"Yes, the versions I released lately are all compatible with each other. As I explained to another player:

Assume you have named the game as “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.gba” in your pc. In the same folder, there will be the save file named “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.sav”. Now, download the newer ups file and apply to a clean FE8 rom. Then name it “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Now go back to the ver 2-6 save file and rename it to “Sacred Trilogy Final.sav” and place it in the same folder as “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Open your emulator, run the game and choose the option to restart chapter in the game menu. You are now playing the newest version with a save file from an older version."

Edited by Dedesett

11 hours ago, Dedesett said:

To make the new patch work you need to patch it to a fresh FE8 U Rom but you will be able to use your save. I will quote the creator because he explained it better.

"Yes, the versions I released lately are all compatible with each other. As I explained to another player:

Assume you have named the game as “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.gba” in your pc. In the same folder, there will be the save file named “Sacred Trilogy 2-6.sav”. Now, download the newer ups file and apply to a clean FE8 rom. Then name it “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Now go back to the ver 2-6 save file and rename it to “Sacred Trilogy Final.sav” and place it in the same folder as “Sacred Trilogy Final.gba”. Open your emulator, run the game and choose the option to restart chapter in the game menu. You are now playing the newest version with a save file from an older version."

Phew, thanks, this worked. Couldn't find the .sav file (OpenEmu on Mac), but was able to change the new .gba file name and have it access the save that way. Fun stuff! Found a new glitch though: I just applied the str-mag split and all of my units have 0 mag now. Including my mages. Example:

image.png.34a040fd5793d5532a2ac976561ac1bf.png

Edited by Marlowe

1 hour ago, Marlowe said:

Phew, thanks, this worked. Couldn't find the .sav file (OpenEmu on Mac), but was able to change the new .gba file name and have it access the save that way. Fun stuff! Found a new glitch though: I just applied the str-mag split and all of my units have 0 mag now. Including my mages. Example:

That's probably happened because you used the sav file that was using the version from 26/11/2019 and in that version, the game didn't have the STR/MAG split.

On 2/28/2020 at 1:59 PM, LettuceAway said:

I just absent for a few days and already a fix thats crazy awesome

if its true that this patch can be played without any major problems, then id probably start my Ephraim campaign now

thank you alfather 7743 for the fixes and thank you too bløød, and dedesett for quality checking. Man This is an awesome patch

EDIT:
so healers (trobadour, cleric, priest) promotion screen will always be glitch no matter what right? well as long as it doesnt softlock the game so fine by me

and apparently, dread fighter receives unpromoted amount of EXP gain. Its not a problem per se but it is something. I tried to copy-paste the Dread fighter's data to the promoted unit like paladin to fix it, and it does. But, since this problem related to the actual data base Im not pursuing this problem any further. Again its just an EXP gain, which means my Marisa can wreak havoc even more easily

And I am sorry I did edit your patch a lil bit. I love Marisa, she's mah gurl and I freaking love dread fighter, what an awesome class. And in this patch the dread fighter's animation comes with ponytail?!! Damn it's a dead giveaway for Marisa in my book

and about secret shop in chapter 14 forgot to report to you but is this normal? I did encounter the same problem with the old patch. Or is it just me? I only tinker with Marisa related codes though, I never touch anything else beyond that

fireemblem1.png

1 - Yes, some promotions are like that because he removed that to make space for more custom animations.

2 - I think that Marisa has the ponytail because his portrait has a ponytail (and blood probably wanted to make the palette more accurate).

3 - No, the bug with the secret shop is there even if you don't touch anything related to Marisa. It was something that i found but i didn't report because i forgot about it. It doesn't make the game crash or softlock, it just make the shop a little weird if you scroll to the bottom.

55 minutes ago, Dedesett said:

That's probably happened because you used the sav file that was using the version from 26/11/2019 and in that version, the game didn't have the STR/MAG split.

I figured that much; is there any way to fix it or would I have to restart to have usable mages?

1 hour ago, Dedesett said:

3 - No, the bug with the secret shop is there even if you don't touch anything related to Marisa. It was something that i found but i didn't report because i forgot about it. It doesn't make the game crash or softlock, it just make the shop a little weird if you scroll to the bottom.

It, uh, definitely doesn't just make the shop look weird.

auld.JPG

yeah this is
a thing you can do if RNG blesses you and you get Audhulma as that final slot. (or anything else good). If you buy that 0 cost item it also bugs out the items available in the 2 normal slots still visible. Like, I got a Brave Lance to show up.

(ill come back and give some proper feedback later, currently at ch 17. the squad)

Edited by Emerson

1 hour ago, Marlowe said:

I figured that much; is there any way to fix it or would I have to restart to have usable mages?

Probably you will have to restart with the new patch but wait for the creator answer, he will know for sure.

1 hour ago, Emerson said:

auld.JPG

yeah this is
a thing you can do if RNG blesses you and you get Audhulma as that final slot. (or anything else good). If you buy that 0 cost item it also bugs out the items available in the 2 normal slots still visible. Like, I got a Brave Lance to show up.

(ill come back and give some proper feedback later, currently at ch 17. the squad)

I bought from that secret shop and ignored the items from the bottom list and didn't have any problems. I don't know what cause that problem, maybe the creator knows.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:59 AM, LettuceAway said:

EDIT:

Not really sure what's going on... the magic casting animation is naturally in the same slot as the unarmed one, so the game must be forcing the unarmed animations even if I remove them. This might be unavoidable.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:59 AM, LettuceAway said:

fireemblem1.png

4 hours ago, Dedesett said:

3 hours ago, Emerson said:

auld.JPG

*Sigh* I can never catch a break, can I? I will look into this issue...

6 hours ago, Marlowe said:

I'm terribly sorry, but only the versions I released after the STR/MAG split are compatible with each other. As you've seen it, using older versions breaks the magic users because STR overwrites the MAG stat. I also updated the skills of some characters and classes, so some skills may overwrite others and/or be lost. You will either need to finish your current playthorugh or start a new one.

4 hours ago, Dedesett said:

2 - I think that Marisa has the ponytail because his portrait has a ponytail (and blood probably wanted to make the palette more accurate).

The dread fighter in my hack has a ponytail because it's the female version. Nuramon, the creator of the animations, made a male version and a female version. I originally wanted to include both, but things tend to get very dangerous when attempting to go above the 127 class limit, so just the female will have to do.

2 hours ago, Dedesett said:

I bought from that secret shop and ignored the items from the bottom list and didn't have any problems. I don't know what cause that problem, maybe the creator knows.

Of course, I totally do. not...

Urk. Well, I figured as much. I've restarted and will let you know how things go.

One minor graphical glitch I've also noticed is that the new sprites, when throwing axes, snap back to the "grabbed returning axe" pose before the axe even comes back. Seems like they do it on the next frame after the "thrown axe" frame. Not sure if that's something you can fix, but though it worth noting.

9 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Urk. Well, I figured as much. I've restarted and will let you know how things go.

One minor graphical glitch I've also noticed is that the new sprites, when throwing axes, snap back to the "grabbed returning axe" pose before the axe even comes back. Seems like they do it on the next frame after the "thrown axe" frame. Not sure if that's something you can fix, but though it worth noting.

Does that happen with a specific class or with everyone that uses hand axes?

So, I tested the chapter 14 secret shops on both routes:

VcXyWHa.pngnlgdrNo.png

The data in FEBuilder also seems fine:

SxhecMI.pngo9qEZ3w.png

So I don't really know what's up with that. Perhaps I inadvertedly fixed it somehow? (wishful thinking)

5 hours ago, bløød said:

Does that happen with a specific class or with everyone that uses hand axes?

I observed it with Pirate and Gold Knight. I would suspect it might be because they're custom sprites. I can confirm if it happens with the new Fighter sprite in a bit; I'm starting Chapter 2 on my new run now.

EDIT: Fighter sprite is fine. I know you had a custom animation for Berserker, but I didn't get a chance to use a hand axe with a Berserker before I restarted.

Edited by Marlowe

I just wanted say I enjoy your patch but there are a few issues. One is the random encounters that has you doing those chapters in that specific area again. The other is with Amelia not getting her skills as a soldier waaay past lvl 15. Being unable to retreat in tower of vilni. The incredibly hard bosses in the earlier chapters to the point that you have get lucky with criticals or exploiting seth before you can kill them . I dont know who said there are no issues but boy are they wrong. By the way did you add new classes?

2 hours ago, Lifeisfire said:

I just wanted say I enjoy your patch but there are a few issues. One is the random encounters that has you doing those chapters in that specific area again. The other is with Amelia not getting her skills as a soldier waaay past lvl 15. Being unable to retreat in tower of vilni. The incredibly hard bosses in the earlier chapters to the point that you have get lucky with criticals or exploiting seth before you can kill them . I dont know who said there are no issues but boy are they wrong. By the way did you add new classes?

In the most recent patch you can retreat from valni's tower and skirmishes work as intended.

Else i don't know if you can do this for the futur patch :

Short Shield = +2 Def can be buy in any Shop

Iron Shield = +3 Def but - 2 Spd can be buy in the middle of the game in Shop

Steel Shield = +4 Def but -3 Spd can be buy in the middle-end of the game in Shop

Hoplon Guard = +7 Def/Res but -7 Spd = Can be buy in Shop at the end of the game, cost between 30000 and 40000 £

Dragon Shield = +10 Def/Res but -10 Spd Can be find in the last Dungeon or only in shop and cost 100 000 £

Or maybe only : 

Hoplon Guard = +7 Def/Res but -7 Spd = Can be buy in Shop at the end of the game, cost between 30000 and 40000 £

Dragon Shield = +10 Def/Res but -10 Spd Can be find in the last Dungeon or only in shop and cost 100 000 £

Knight Mage should use Anima and Dark Magic. After it's optional, but why Sage can use Anima + Light, Druid Anima + Dark, Saint = Staff + Light and Knight = Anima + Staff, knowing they are (hostile) why not make for them Anima + Dark Magic.

Maybe fix Steal "to an enemy" for the futur.

Maybe a poll if you dont know 

Edited by judge09

On 3/1/2020 at 5:54 AM, bløød said:

Not really sure what's going on... the magic casting animation is naturally in the same slot as the unarmed one, so the game must be forcing the unarmed animations even if I remove them. This might be unavoidable.

Natasha, moulder to bishop was glitched, so does with L'arachel to Valkyrie. Artur's bishop is normal though

a little bit report, it turns out energy ring doesnt give you more str/mag if one of those stats are maxed out. making hybrid class like mage lord or summoner partially useless. maybe you can change the growth rate for the characters that have access to hybrid class? Or seperate the str and mag raising item? Or gives huge bonus to str/mag to the hybrid class when on promotion?

Hybrid class is pretty cool but whats the point using axe or light if your strength or magic below 15? hope you reconsider that aspect. good luck

Edited by LettuceAway

On 3/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, Lifeisfire said:

I just wanted say I enjoy your patch but there are a few issues. One is the random encounters that has you doing those chapters in that specific area again. The other is with Amelia not getting her skills as a soldier waaay past lvl 15. Being unable to retreat in tower of vilni.

You're using an old version. The newest version fixes all those issues.

The incredibly hard bosses in the earlier chapters to the point that you have get lucky with criticals or exploiting seth before you can kill them .

I've had people complain to me that the hack is still too easy, but it being hard is a first. The hack offers 3 difficulties, so you can always pick an easier one if things are too tough.

By the way did you add new classes?

That's the whole purpose of a reskin....

8 hours ago, judge09 said:

Short Shield = +2 Def can be buy in any Shop

Iron Shield = +3 Def but - 2 Spd can be buy in the middle of the game in Shop

Steel Shield = +4 Def but -3 Spd can be buy in the middle-end of the game in Shop

Dragon Shield = +10 Def/Res but -10 Spd Can be find in the last Dungeon or only in shop and cost 100 000 £

Or maybe only : 

Dragon Shield = +10 Def/Res but -10 Spd Can be find in the last Dungeon or only in shop and cost 100 000 £

I have no slots available for items. All the ones I had left were occupied by the S-rank weapons of FE6 and FE7.

After it's optional, but why Sage can use Anima + Light, Druid Anima + Dark, Saint = Staff + Light and Knight = Anima + Staff, knowing they are (hostile) why not make for them Anima + Dark Magic.

That's a nice idea. With the exception of special classes, I don't really like units having access to 3 different weapons. There's a problem with the sage, though. Priests (Moulder) can promote to sage, so removing staves from this class would cause issues to him.

Maybe fix Steal "to an enemy" for the futur.

There is no issue actually. With the skill system, there's a skill called "Steal" which is required for that option to work. If I wanted to, I could give this to thieves and rogues. However, removing it actually makes it possible for me to control which items the player can get as a reward for defeating enemies. In my hack, many bosses have items in their inventories that give them passive boosts to stats so that they are tougher. If the player could rob them blind, the bosses will be easier and the player would get access to these items very early, which would mud the balance.

1 hour ago, LettuceAway said:

Natasha, moulder to bishop was glitched, so does with L'arachel to Valkyrie. Artur's bishop is normal though

Yeah, that seems to be unavoidable. I double checked their animations and it should be working, but it isn't. Sorry about that. Kinda weird that Arthur doesn't show this problem, unlike the other three.

1 hour ago, LettuceAway said:

a little bit report, it turns out energy ring doesnt give you more str/mag if one of those stats are maxed out. making hybrid class like mage lord or summoner partially useless. maybe you can change the growth rate for the characters that have access to hybrid class? Or seperate the str and mag raising item? Or gives huge bonus to str/mag to the hybrid class when on promotion?

It's not that I didn't want to do it, but there simply was no way to make an item that would raise only magic, it was tied to strenght. Luckily, 7743 released a patch for that 3 days ago and I already incorporated it for the next version. The energy ring was divided into energy drop (which raises STR) and spirit dust (which raises MAG).