[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

Oh, wait. Do you mean to edit the .txt file to include the animations there and then import via FEBuilder? I've never done it, but couldn't hurt to try.

Edit: It works! Yay! :D

U3z8RAW.png

Thanks again for the tip, @Street Hero. I was noobing around.

Edited by bløød

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, bløød said:

Oh, wait. Do you mean to edit the .txt file to include the animations there and then import via FEBuilder? I've never done it, but couldn't hurt to try.

Edit: It works! Yay! :D

U3z8RAW.png

Thanks again for the tip, @Street Hero. I was noobing around.

Now that is what i am, talking about. Glad it helps. 

Edit: 

this is from Skillsystem folder but it lacks lethality and sureshot so i add them.
Credit: @circleseverywhere and Mariode from SF i guess

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1boauMLTTmqUwtQGZgud9QMz7ClPhoLvM

13436a4ffc30666b53cd2ba0e6ab3fd849ff3824.png

0ff37e2b02ebfae426d2fe00ccc087b45f538f9d.png

1f39db360f2518e369921ae575100d2dfa67bf00.png

6df3d0c0a4a79ff7073685b28d1b1b3013060418.png

6f97261c8766336de5cbd792c62a0d0af1f0b898.png

7aab5ad4627d57d8093d50f77e168e5df4af2c74.png

9e3b0571460be619bd7b2957c4f748f85379ae42.png

9e3f2954b2304bbf5d03949af99bf79ccd5b8e77.png

678e7e81c31c994ab733d66204be0a4e7a8b772c.png

700863ef61a9f699e447f1decc227298394e7565.png

Take it or leave it, it's your call

Edit 2 : Is this intentional? 

5cc6b155bc307_SacredTrilogy-1.png.00af359e885cd169d5ec8eeff8b65776.png

Edited by Street Hero

18 hours ago, Street Hero said:

this is from Skillsystem folder but it lacks lethality and sureshot so i add them.
Credit: @circleseverywhere and Mariode from SF i guess

These look neat. Definitely going to use them. Thanks, you have been really helpful to this project.

18 hours ago, Street Hero said:

Edit 2 : Is this intentional? 

5cc6b155bc307_SacredTrilogy-1.png.00af359e885cd169d5ec8eeff8b65776.png

Not at all. I simply forgot to add effectiveness to the duplicated classes. I've rectified this already and version 2.2 is almost ready for release. There will be new classes, the sniper fix, new tracks, the new skill animations. I've played version 2.1 for over an hour and didn't run into any issues, so I guess Stan's patch works fine.

5 hours ago, Street Hero said:

The rapiers problem is gone. I thank you. 

New skills activation animations is not as beautiful as i thought but 

I think it looks better than the old ones. It just needs more frames, I guess. Might try my hand at them in the future.

5 hours ago, skywalker said:

So is v2.0 save compatible with v2.2? I don't wanna start all over again, it's a pain.

I think it is. I haven't edited anything like skills or bases. However, Stan's patch is still experimental, even though I didn't find any issues with it. Just be sure to have a backup before trying though.

So I've just gotten to Chapter 7 of version 2.2 (Didn't take any chances on keeping my save.) and I've encountered a visual bug:

5cc9947bc257b_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)3.png.d636163ffa7aae0e0bdb462d25478634.png

Is this supposed to happen? For some reason the game thinks I'm able to use the Ballista with Vanessa. (I tried selecting other enemies with both a Iron Lance and Javelin equipped, but it doesn't select.)

Otherwise, I absolutely love this re-balancing patch! I really like how you've mixed it up by having some units have different weapons. (I was caught off guard on Chapter 5 with a Swordslayer Brigand who nearly killed Eirika.) I've made it extra difficult on myself and am doing a Girls-Only runthrough of the hack, here's my team so far on Chapter 7:

Spoiler

Eirika.png.b658e61fdd783adbe16f69ce43fe68e9.pngVanessa.png.2a4ad0740632b619447b2e6c3abea752.pngNeimi.png.37c6e9ab6ed1b2780724b94e774a1281.pngLute.png.f2523895d14496f41298b42703622672.pngNatasha.png.bf6d966669f859f6b6801362b447c294.png

55 minutes ago, Lady White said:

So I've just gotten to Chapter 7 of version 2.2 (Didn't take any chances on keeping my save.) and I've encountered a visual bug:

5cc9947bc257b_1997-FireEmblem-TheSacredStones(U)(TrashMan)3.png.d636163ffa7aae0e0bdb462d25478634.png

Is this supposed to happen? For some reason the game thinks I'm able to use the Ballista with Vanessa. (I tried selecting other enemies with both a Iron Lance and Javelin equipped, but it doesn't select.)

Otherwise, I absolutely love this re-balancing patch! I really like how you've mixed it up by having some units have different weapons. (I was caught off guard on Chapter 5 with a Swordslayer Brigand who nearly killed Eirika.) I've made it extra difficult on myself and am doing a Girls-Only runthrough of the hack, here's my team so far on Chapter 7:

Hide contents

Eirika.png.b658e61fdd783adbe16f69ce43fe68e9.pngVanessa.png.2a4ad0740632b619447b2e6c3abea752.pngNeimi.png.37c6e9ab6ed1b2780724b94e774a1281.pngLute.png.f2523895d14496f41298b42703622672.pngNatasha.png.bf6d966669f859f6b6801362b447c294.png

When people say they enjoyed the hack, it makes all the effort worth it, so thanks :)

I'm currently on chapter 8 myself and I've also run into that issue with the ballistae, and unfortunately I have no clue what's wrong. They were also supposed to have a battle animation when used by archers, but the game only shows map animations. Sorry, but I don't know how to fix this.

Interesting idea with the girls-only runthrough. I might try it next time. I'm using everyone on my first run to be sure that no character is behaving oddly. And regarding that brigand, yeah, most of the work I had making this hack came from the fact that I wanted some enemies to have better weapons, and this caused that issue with the massive weapon exp gain on promotion. Glad to see it is working correctly now.

1 hour ago, WaywardTroper said:

Not sure if this is scripting error, or operator error on my part, but Hard Mode, Hamill Canyon seems to lock up on pablo's spawn event without triggering his text. Any thoughts?

Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA.png

1rQhyiy.jpg?1

Well, that's hella strange. Aside from editing Pablo himself and some of his reinforcements, I haven't touched the spawning event itself. I any case, please tell which version you're playing and which mode (random or fixed growths).

I'm on random growths, version 2.4. It could very well be my fault; I patched version 2.2 with the fixes from the latest version around chapter 10, use savestates, and speed up gameplay, so if it's my fault, I wouldn't be surprised

Edit: I tried fixed growths as well (2.4) same snag at event spawn

By the by, this hiccup aside, I like everything you've done with the tweak. The spites and palettes are great, skills give everyone a chance to shine, and the rebalance/diversity in the enemy really breathes new life in stages I've played a dozen times

Edited by WaywardTroper

It may very well be my fault. I went to check Pablo's data for that chapter and he was using a wrong character slot and wasn't even tagged as a boss. Not to mention all the changes made from ver 2.2 to 2.4 were mainly graphical, so they must not be the cause. Anyway, I edited him to use the same character slot from chapter 10. Please try the new version I uploaded and tell me what happens. If it works, I'll include that change for the next release.

10 hours ago, WaywardTroper said:

Not sure if this is scripting error, or operator error on my part, but Hard Mode, Hamill Canyon seems to lock up on pablo's spawn event without triggering his text. Any thoughts?

Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA.png

Well i guess i am going to choose ephraim route then.

10 hours ago, xTwistedAegis said:

Hey not sure if it's a bug but on chapter 19 there are lvl 31 Swordmasters with pretty crazy stats.

Swordmasters.png

Yeah, that was a bug. He should be lvl 6 with the latest update.

4 hours ago, Street Hero said:

Well i guess i am going to choose ephraim route then.

Don't worry, I fixed that issue with the latest update. The problem was Pablo using a wrong character slot and not being tagged as a boss.

13 hours ago, bløød said:

It may very well be my fault. I went to check Pablo's data for that chapter and he was using a wrong character slot and wasn't even tagged as a boss. Not to mention all the changes made from ver 2.2 to 2.4 were mainly graphical, so they must not be the cause. Anyway, I edited him to use the same character slot from chapter 10. Please try the new version I uploaded and tell me what happens. If it works, I'll include that change for the next release.

1 hour ago, bløød said:

Don't worry, I fixed that issue with the latest update. The problem was Pablo using a wrong character slot and not being tagged as a boss.

Is there a way to implement this change into a 2.2 ROM without going through an entirely new ROM? I just had to fight through a pretty tough Chapter 8 of Eirika's route because of my current run, someone either kept dying or Amelia kept running away.

Edited by Lady White

@Lady White

You can use the save file from ver 2.2 for ver 2.5. It just needs to have the same name of the game and to be in the same folder. For example:

Assume you have named the game as "Sacred Trilogy 2-2.gba" in your pc. In the same folder, there will be the save file named "Sacred Trilogy 2-2.sav". Now, download the 2.5 ups file and apply to a clean FE8 rom. Then name it "Sacred Trilogy 2-5.gba". Now go back to the ver 2-2 save file and rename it to "Sacred Trilogy 2-5.sav" and place it in the same folder as "Sacred Trilogy 2-5.gba". Open your emulator, run the game and choose the option to restart chapter in the game menu. You are now playing the newest version with a save file from an older version.

By the way, you have another chance to recruit Amelia on chapter 13 if she left on chapter 9. This is even in vanilla Sacred Stones.

12 minutes ago, bløød said:

You can use the save file from ver 2.2 for ver 2.5. It just needs to have the same name of the game and to be in the same folder. For example:

Assume you have named the game as "Sacred Trilogy 2-2.gba" in your pc. In the same folder, there will be the save file named "Sacred Trilogy 2-2.sav". Now, download the 2.5 ups file and apply to a clean FE8 rom. Then name it "Sacred Trilogy 2-5.gba". Now go back to the ver 2-2 save file and rename it to "Sacred Trilogy 2-5.sav" and place it in the same folder as "Sacred Trilogy 2-5.gba". Open your emulator, run the game and choose the option to restart chapter in the game menu. You are now playing the newest version with a save file from an older version.

By the way, you have another chance to recruit Amelia on chapter 13 if she left on chapter 9. This is even in vanilla Sacred Stones.

Okay sweet. I'd rather of not lose that progress if you know what I mean? The all girls run is certainly difficult when you only have a few characters to work with haha.

Oh, I know I can recruit her on Chapter 13, but I always pride myself to catch her before then so it's another addition to my army. :P

After a quick test, I can confirm that all the previous saves prior to v2.2 ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. I know it's a pain in the neck but I have to start from scratch again (may do it after your final update Blood) and I think it's worth it.

So Blood, could you please edit your 1st post to notice everyone else about the compatibility?

Edited by skywalker

@skywalker

Sorry to hear that :(:

The incompatibility probably happens because of Stan's patch. In fact, I started playing ver 2.2 and am currently playing ver 2.5 without any issues. Version 2.2 was actually supposed to be the final version, but I had to fix those issues with Pablo and the swordmaster. The last update I have in mind is to include a custom title screen with the name of the hack and fix any eventual bugs that other people may find. I'll do as you say and let other people know about the incompatibility. Thanks again for showing interest in my hack.