[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

ST.png.7c21c1d025f6bcda1fdc52affd7bf968.pngST2.PNG.5a283258bc57896ac75f041eb2cc33d5.PNG 

So yeah, unless I'm getting something wrong Dozla should have around 30 crit but that's not the case.

You're seeing it wrong, no offense. Base crit is determined by halving your Skill stat. So that's 12/2=6

Heavy Strike adds 15 to that from the Steel Axe. 6+15=21 🙂

Edited by YurickLavada
Typo

On 8/23/2019 at 10:21 AM, YurickLavada said:

You're seeing it wrong, no offense. Base crit is determined by halving your Skill stat. So that's 12/2=6

Heavy Strike adds 15 to that from the Steel Axe. 6+15=21 🙂

You forgot the berserker +15 critical skills 

On 8/21/2019 at 2:22 AM, cleverfool27 said:

Was there ever a point where it DID work? As in, in the past it has worked  but now it no longer does so?

I just took 7743's word on it, so I've never seen it work myself. It probably never did. Still waiting for his reply though.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:50 AM, Pioupiou said:

Yes I think it's the chapter 3, and on the capter 5 I can pick him when I choose what unit I use (it's maybe because It's the version when he is on the prologue) 

Yes, that is very likely. Unfortunately, a new run will be required if you started on that buggy version.

On 8/23/2019 at 12:18 AM, TheUltimateChaos said:

So yeah, unless I'm getting something wrong Dozla should have around 30 crit but that's not the case.

Yeah, he is missing the +15 crit from his zerker class. Another bug with the skill system 😕

Great hack! I have 1 question: Do you recommend playing with fixed growth rates? I do not want to screwed by rng so i did choose this playstyle. Are my units still strong enough to tackle the game or does it get more difficult this way? And is there a way to see what the fixed grwoth stats look like?

Thx forthe help guys

On 8/25/2019 at 8:46 AM, Blazey said:

Hey uh, chapter 19 (idk what version, pretty sure newest?) the entire game goes black screen when I click start to skip cutscene right before battle prep screen. Any idea how to fix or am I just not on latest? 

I've had a few people reporting this issue for a long time now. Problem is, this has never happened to me in any of the versions I tested so far. I would like to look further into this, but the more detailed you are, the easier it will be for me to find the problem. What version are you playing? A save file would also be very helpful.

On 8/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, skywalker said:

So the same goes for Ross if he is a Berserker, right?

No. Heavy Strikes is Dozla's personal skill. Ross's is Puissance.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:05 PM, KevinH said:

Great hack! I have 1 question: Do you recommend playing with fixed growth rates? I do not want to screwed by rng so i did choose this playstyle. Are my units still strong enough to tackle the game or does it get more difficult this way? And is there a way to see what the fixed grwoth stats look like?

Thx forthe help guys

I'm currently playing fixed growths mode. It is good because
1) It prevents units from getting RGN screwed and becoming weak late game.
2) It also prevents units from getting RGN blessed and wrecking game balance.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:02 AM, Pioupiou said:

Got this bug (animation never end) must restart the chapter 😢

Me too, before I realised I screwed that up...
I simply forgot to include the axe throw animation for the short axe, that's why the game was freezing at that moment.

On 3/29/2019 at 4:52 AM, bløød said:

Since stealing doesn't seem to work with the new skill system, more enemies will drop items

Hi there, duplicating this as it seems this is more active than FEU,  have you looked into giving thieves/rogues Steal in skill system? Because according to RobertFPY on the Skill System thread, Cunning is a display skill only. Thank you for the great hack!

New version is out guys, pretty small update. I replaced Dozla's personal skill with another one because heavy strikes wasn't working as expected. I updated some map sprites and item icons. There are new palettes for Fado and Vigarde. Corrected the palettes for the classes reel that plays in the opening sequence of the game.

On 8/29/2019 at 2:32 AM, Garzvhog said:

Hi there, duplicating this as it seems this is more active than FEU,  have you looked into giving thieves/rogues Steal in skill system? Because according to RobertFPY on the Skill System thread, Cunning is a display skill only. Thank you for the great hack!

Thanks! I did test it, but I eventually got used to the idea of not having that skill in the game. Some bosses have more than one item to make them thougher, especially since the inclusion of the passive booster items, so allowing the player to steal items would make the bosses weaker and to have access to powerful items too early.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:40 AM, Pioupiou said:

Got the same bug that the last time (with the axe) idk if you fix it. By the way it restart the game and discover the new animations and sprites it is soooo good especially Joshua and Marisa 😉

The short axe has been fixed in the last update. I tested it recently and it is working fine. The new animations do give a much better look to some playable characters, don't they?

37 minutes ago, ThatTextureGuy said:

This looks amazing. Pumped to play this over the weekend.

Not so fast! I just uploaded a new version, so be sure to download it instead.

7 hours ago, bløød said:

New version is out guys, pretty small update. I replaced Dozla's personal skill with another one because heavy strikes wasn't working as expected. I updated some map sprites and item icons. There are new palettes for Fado and Vigarde. Corrected the palettes for the classes reel that plays in the opening sequence of the game.

Where's the download link, Blood? And do I have to restart the whole game again?

Edited by skywalker

I have a suggestion, since Aircalibur/Alacalibur exists in FE8 and Wind Magic doesn't have a 3-10 tome like Bolting, Meteor, Purge, and Eclipse. Why not make Blizzard the long range 3~10 tome (like in FE4, 5 9 and 10) and have Alacalibur take the place of the B/A rank Wind tome?

11 hours ago, skywalker said:

Where's the download link, Blood? And do I have to restart the whole game again?

No you won't but if you made any changes to the ROM yourself (like making the divine weapons infinite), they will be reset.