[FE8] [100% Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

bløød

On 12/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, polarisx said:

EDIT: I fixed it myself with FE Builder, I went through all the other maps to see what could be different about Floor 2 of Lagdou Ruins, and realized it had way more enemies than any other map. I removed 5 enemies from the map and no longer get the debuffs.

THE DEBUFF GLITCH IS BACK AND IT'S CAUSED BY TOO MANY ENEMIES ON THE MAP???? Man, I was about to flip the table and give up on this hack. I've been pestering other hackers on FE Universe for some time now and nobody told me I could just reduce the number of enemies to avoid it. The stupidest thing is that the number of enemies is the same as vanilla, I just changed classes and levels. Also, the latest version of the skill system was supposed to have fixed this issue. Well, guess I have some corrections to make. Seriously, I could frigging kiss you for this solution, man.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:56 AM, Dedesett said:

Ehhhh ... i don't understand what you mean because i don't understand anything of hacking the game but ... if i got that right, you can use 6 more custom animations using the ballistae slots?  For me is a yes, i don't know what others may think. If you want my opinion about what animations (if you are open to debate of what animation to use) i suggest Eirika, Marisa, Lute, Neimi, Joshua hat and if you can the bishop animation as well. But it's up to you. That or give me the previous ups patch, but that seems imposible now.

Yes, that's exactly it. The ballistae occupy 6 class slots (67 to 6C), and maybe I could replace them with the custom ones.

Dlip7tx.png 

Killing civilians is also a possibility lol

I'll take your suggestions on the custom classes. Not sure about Eirika though. I never really liked any of the alternative animations I used for her, they were just there because Ephraim had a cool one haha. I might run a poll to see if people want her back and which animation specifically.

On 12/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, The Boonsman said:

Longtime lurker here, finally getting the nerve to start posting here in the forums after several years of just silent watching. I wanted to give some feedback in terms of the hack itself, even if I haven't fully beaten it after all this time.

Overall, this is probably the best FE8 improvement hack I've seen in a while, it really does feel as if Sacred stones has been improved on in many ways, and also given new life, with the skills system, weapon balancing, new classes, items, and more. The only thing that's bothered me thus far is actually a little bit of reading into the skills system, specifically about Druid and Summoner skills. Druid gets Slow burn and Tome-breaker, while Summoner gets Anathema and Ignis. It's a little odd, due to Druid getting the more defensively based skills, and Summoner getting some very powerful offensive skills.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! That is indeed a valid observation. I'll swap their skill sets for the next update.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:03 AM, iridium137 said:

https://imgur.com/9fcnm0P

This fighter has an iron axe, and so has 75+2*2 = 79 hit.

https://imgur.com/i2Q2YDi

Seth has 2*15+13 = 43 avoid. The fighter should have 79-43-15 = 21 displayed hit against him. Both sides have 1 leadership star, so if leadership worked, he should have 21+5-3 = 23 hit.

https://imgur.com/NoE3OL2

But he has 21 hit.

Alright, I'll run some more tests and see what's up with that.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, Dedesett said:

I know, i know, i'm a nuisance but i need to report 1 bug and 1 (bug?).

The first bug is in chapter 2 in easy difficulty, when you convince Ross to join your army, the game softlocks.

The second (bug?) is in the options menu, "subtitle help" turn on and off the hp bar and the "bubble" that appears when 2 characters can talk to each other.

I can take a look at that Ross issue, but the second one is because of the skill system. I remember reading somewhere that the original ASM for the HP bars had the option to be turned ON or OFF in the game menus, but after it was imported to FEBuilder and incorporated to the skill system, there might be some leftovers conflictiing, so that's not on me 🙃

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, bløød said:

Yes, that's exactly it. The ballistae occupy 6 class slots (67 to 6C), and maybe I could replace them with the custom ones.

Dlip7tx.png 

Killing civilians is also a possibility lol

I'll take your suggestions on the custom classes. Not sure about Eirika though. I never really liked any of the alternative animations I used for her, they were just there because Ephraim had a cool one haha. I might run a poll to see if people want her back and which animation specifically.

I feel bad to make you going through all of this because i asked about custom animations but i'm really grateful to see that you can make it, thank you so much. I asked about Eirikia because i didn't see the custom animation, nothing more but if you don't like it then don't do it, of course. The poll idea is a good idea because i don't have the last word on this, the animations that i choose were my opinion, nothing more. I will wait for the poll, thank you so much.

Edited by Dedesett

On 3/28/2019 at 8:52 PM, bløød said:

The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance ~Reborn~

jRIA283.png

*Done up to Lagdou Ruins 5*  

Get the patches here. Apply to clean US FE8 ROM.

What is it?

It is a reskin and rebalance of Sacred Stones using classes and music from all 3 GBA games, a lot of new custom classes with new animations, new spells, new weapons, a skill system and many quality of life improvements made by people much more knowledgeable than me from the hacking community. Vanilla campaign was not altered, but difficulty has been slightly raised. Units also receive slightly more EXP from healing. All of these changes are aimed at making Sacred Stones feel fresh and more challenging, while not altering the story (with the sole exception of Hayden joining on chapter 20). This project was heavily inspired by Sir Serenes' Reskin and Seal's Sacred War hack. There are four versions, two with random growths on level up and two with fixed growths similar to FE9. Read this for more information. The difference between the two versions of the same growth is that one also features a minimug for characters, while the other doesn't. Some people may find the minimug rather intrusive, that's why I kept it optional.

Minimug: 0nOzfML.png?1

What was changed?

• Fado and Vigarde are now true kings (Zephiel)
  • Ismaire is a blade lord (Lyn)
  • Caellach is an armor lord (Hector)
  • Seth has an exclusive class (Silver Knight)
  • Riev is a dark druid (Nergal)
  • Hayden joins automatically on chapter 20 and has an exclusive class (Bow Knight)
  • Mansel joins after completing the vanilla requirements to unlock Hayden and is an archsage (Athos)
  • Kyle is our boy (Roy - master lord). I know, unexpected
  • Added animations to the phantoms
  • Amelia is a soldier and can be promoted to halberdier (using knight's crest)
  • Orson is a knight lord (Eliwood)
  • Duessel has exclusive battle animations and map sprites (Gold Knight)
  • Selena now has an exclusive custom class called gremory
  • Valter has an exclusive custom class (Malig Knight)
  • Knights, generals, great knights and kings move 1 additional tile
  • Trainees join you automatically promoted (Ross-pirate; Amelia-soldier; Ewan-shaman)
  • Magic system revamped with new spells. With the exception of siege tomes, wind spells have low mt and 2-3 range. Fire spells have average stats and 1-2 range. Thunder spells have high crit and are locked to melee range.
  • Added generic female enemy units for more diversity. It always bugged me how 99% of the women of this franchise only fight for the player.
  • I manually edited every enemy in the game to improve them by increasing base stats, growths, level or giving them better equipment (in a similar fashion to Seal's hack). Bosses have been buffed and are no longer a joke. 
  • Since stealing doesn't seem to work with the new skill system, more enemies will drop items
  • Since Glen is the only creature campaign characters to not have a custom class, I gave Glen the ability to use bows
  • Armory and shop inventories have been improved so you will have access to better weapons earlier in the game. On top of that, the preparation shop is dynamic and will offer better weapons as you progress through the game.
  • Allies join you at appropriate levels so they won't require grinding to become usable.
  • Some of the promoted monsters have custom animations too.
  • All weapons in the game only give 1 point of weapon EXP. Your units will have to train hard if they want to brandish those OP legendary weapons. 
  • Units gain support points by being up to 3 tiles away from each other
  • Myrrh's dragonstone is unbreakable, but is no longer effective against monsters. It has also been nerfed so Myrrh wouldn't be too broken with unlimited dragonstone. To balance it out, her dragonstone has 1-2 range. There is also a second type of dragonstone that can be aquired in the game.
  • Lagdou Ruins is a high-level challenge area for post-game activity. Enemies over there have better stats and powerful, exclusive weapons. The location also offers much more gold and the chest in Lagdou Ruins 10 has a 10% drop rate for each of the sacred weapons.
  • It is possible to save the game in the Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins.
  • Starting on chapter 9 there will be mini bosses carrying good loot for the player.
    gyVjV1i.png?1
  • There is a leadership mechanic which gives units additional avoid and hit rates. (usable by the player and enemies)
    CFqnAYF.png?1

Quality of life changes

• Detailed HP bars (by Circles and Zane)
  • Skill system (by Circleseverywhere, Monkeybard, Black Mage, Blaze,Tequila, Rossendale, StanH, Leonarth, Teraspark, sd9k, Kao, blademaster, Snakey1)
    (the skill system also comes with the "stylish finisher" feature that makes any final blow dealt to a boss be displayed as a critical hit)
  • Show Heal Amount (by Tequila)
  • Map Danger Zone (by Circles) - Press the select button to display enemy range
    HeWeLBR.png?1
  • Monster Weapon Display (by Brendor)
  • Colored stats, growth and talk display (by Tequila) - Press SELECT while in the status screen to toggle between growths and stats
    qyIBjDW.png?1CFqnAYF.png?1
  • Increased EXP from healing (by 7743)
  • Gain support at various distances (by Venno)
  • Units can act after talking or having support conversations
  • Metis' tome can be sold (useful for people playing fixed growths mode)
  • The preparation screen shop is dynamic and will offer better weapons as you progress through the game.
  • The preparation shop items have the same pricing as regular shops
  • Cool custom stat screen background (by LordGlenn)

Skill list by class (beware of spoilers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m5uItJM3w-aVzME_w8Sk_a3rvZTk9nLxb2fslrOiKs4/edit?usp=sharing

Some screenshots (will update as I play)

Reveal hidden contents

zFoR8Hb.png?17NKFis3.png?1uWmOgok.png?1ANVmZQB.png?1BAjpPuu.png?128931fC.png?1GftVdCp.png?1mdIji6O.png?1h61K96f.png?1cnjqK9H.png?1WWOy2wF.png?1s6OQaWg.png?1nFjE5y6.png?1coqbfMY.png?1

Credits (will update after I finish the hack)

• Our lord and savior 7743 for FEBuilder
  • Sir Serenes for the idea and palettes for Riev
  • TBA, Arch, Skitty and Temp for phantom animations
  • IS, Hairyblob and Maiser6 for quicker Zephiel animations
  • IS and Blademaster for Athos animations
  • TR143 for fixed growth mode
  • Temp and sniper_zero for Eliwood repalette and ranged Durandal animation
  • Alusk for alternative soldier hover and moving animations
  • Spud for soldier Amelia animations
  • Spud, TBA, Black Mage, Temp and Wan for halberdier Amelia animations
  • Brady Shinners for the animation database
  • St jack, Seal and Sacred War for ballista animations
  • Iscaneus and Nuramon for knight animations
  • TBA for brigand animations
  • Glenwing and MK404 for fighter animations
  • SALVAGED team and flasuban for cavalier animations
  • IS, Circles, Kao and Marlon0025 for Tethys animations
  • Alusq and Maiser6 for mercenary animations
  • TBA, DerTheVaporeon and Nuramon for general animations
  • TBA and Maiser6 for berserker animations
  • Nuramon, Swain and Temp for sniper animations
  • Nuramon for wyvern lord animations
  • Keks_Krebs, Peerless and SD9K for assassin animations
  • Swain for hero animations
  • IS and Glenwing for swordmaster animations
  • Kenpuhu, Aruka and Nuramon for grand paladin custom class and animations
  • Alusq for better soldier animations
  • CamTech075, LisandraBrave, Zane, Zelix and Lord Glenn for custom icons
  • Arkth for Deathgoyle custom animations
  • Yangfly for kawaii blader animations
  • Nuramon for infantry great lord Ephraim animations
  • Teraspark, Pikmin1211 and DerTheVaporeon for dark knight animations
  • Seal for legion, elder tarvos and gazer animations
  • BwdYeti for elthunder animation
  • SHYUTER for forblaze animation
  • Blazer and Jubby for meteor animation
  • Arch for static, wind and tornado animations
  • Seal for tons of stuff like custom icon, map sprites, class cards and battle backgrounds. I cannot stress how awesome he is for making all of this available
  • Klokinator for putting many custom animations and map sprites in a single, easy to find place
  • dondon151, Sephie, Teraspark, Arch, RobertFPY and HyperGammaSpaces for many card classes and map sprites

Known issues I would like help with

• Chapter 1, Breguet gets countered by the dead frelian mercenary. The event itself is exactly the same as vanilla, and changing character and class data for both Breguet and the frelian merc didn't work.
  • Importing Eliwood's critical hit sound from FE7 and using it for Seth results in it conflicting with map and battle music.

Get the patches here. Apply to clean US FE8 ROM.

I’ve played till Chapter 16 (Ephraim route only) and I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far, great but not impossible or stupid difficulty, loved the new animations and sprites,etc..

Just two things I wanted to ask, I got the latest patch you posted on feuniverse and there is no alternative promotion to Ephraim or Eirika. Also when Eirika joins in chapter 15 she doesn’t learn Quick Draw since she is supposed to learn it at level 15 and she joins at that level, is it only happening to me?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, The Exaccus said:

Just two things I wanted to ask, I got the latest patch you posted on feuniverse and there is no alternative promotion to Ephraim or Eirika. Also when Eirika joins in chapter 15 she doesn’t learn Quick Draw since she is supposed to learn it at level 15 and she joins at that level, is it only happening to me?

Glad to hear it. My post on FEU is severely outdated and I removed Eirika's and Ephraim's for the current version due to hacking limitations. I'm currently trying something that may allow me to include more animations and classes though, so be on the lookout for it. Regarding Eirika's skill, she was supposed to learn it quick draw at level 13, not 15. Also, she should rejoin at the level she was by the end of chapter 8.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:27 PM, bløød said:

Glad to hear it. My post on FEU is severely outdated and I removed Eirika's and Ephraim's for the current version due to hacking limitations. I'm currently trying something that may allow me to include more animations and classes though, so be on the lookout for it. Regarding Eirika's skill, she was supposed to learn it quick draw at level 13, not 15. Also, she should rejoin at the level she was by the end of chapter 8.

I’ll be waiting for this solution then, since this is one of the most polished skins I’ve seen, great work indeed.
Regarding Eirika’s mine joined at level 15 without Quick Draw on Chapter 15 and I’ve leveled her up to 12 before the rout split so I’m not sure about that either. Also having the debuff glitch on both Melkaen Coast and Floor 2 of Lagdou Ruins.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, judge09 said:

Hi, it's seem really good for a hack, should i use all the rooms hack or just one ? I don't know, someone can help me pls ? 

If you are talking about the four ups files then use only one.

7 minutes ago, judge09 said:

Thank you, but why there are 4 files ? 

Because he allows you to choose how do you want to play the hack.

Random makes the levels random and not fixed (obviously)

With minimug puts a face when you select a character.

Now you can combine this two options as you desire.

3 hours ago, judge09 said:

Oh how i can combine ? 

There is no need to combine anything, just pick the version with the settings you prefer. 
-Random growths without minimug has the traditional leveling system and no minimugs for characters
-Random growths with minimug has the traditional leveling system and minimugs for characters
-Fixed growths without minimug has the custom leveling system and no minimugs for characters
-Fixed growths with minimug has the custom leveling system and  minimugs for characters

...and by the way, @Dedesett, I'm still working on the update to include the custom animations. Turns out there was a patch for that and therefore I don't need to create entire new classes to use them. I've been pretty busy with life though, so progress is slow (but steady).

5 hours ago, bløød said:

There is no need to combine anything, just pick the version with the settings you prefer. 
-Random growths without minimug has the traditional leveling system and no minimugs for characters
-Random growths with minimug has the traditional leveling system and minimugs for characters
-Fixed growths without minimug has the custom leveling system and no minimugs for characters
-Fixed growths with minimug has the custom leveling system and  minimugs for characters

...and by the way, @Dedesett, I'm still working on the update to include the custom animations. Turns out there was a patch for that and therefore I don't need to create entire new classes to use them. I've been pretty busy with life though, so progress is slow (but steady).

Yes? That's amazing. That means that you can add a lot of animations or only a few? Either way i'm sure that the next update will be amazing. And don't worry, take your time with the update, life come first.

Edited by Dedesett

Hi, the patch is one of the best but read this, here are my ideas

Better Difficulty : 

The difficulty is good, but not enough for it to be a real challenge. For me if it's an easy mode it's perfect. For the normal and difficult mode you should be inspired by FE8 Master Version (for example). for example 1 to 3 mini-bosses per level from the start, the enemies all have silver, steel and short weapons, why? Check out my ideas below. Surprise attacks (enemy arriving from nowhere near the end or so close to the throne or the place where the boss keeps), many more enemies,  like a war, with pegasus knight, Wyverns Knight, more large crossbows mounted that shoot from a distance (I forgot the name), no more magicians and archers. A difficulty which is a challenge, like in chapter 9 you have a lot of strongest class 2/4 til 3/4 are strong class. If you do something like this, your patch will be the best.

Weapon changes:

Bow:

the bows should inflict more damage because the archers are weak and not very formidable. This is why for a better challenge, here are my ideas:
Iron arc: MT = 6> 10
Steel arc: MT = 9> 13
etc ...
All archers can attack melee now but attack power is decreased:
Iron arc (melee): MT = 6
Steel arc: MT = 9
Only the shortbow keeps the same damage at a distance as in melee.
All archers have a 1/3 chance to make a consecutive attack depending on speed like Lute's ability.
Longbows have a range of 2 to 4 instead of 2 to 3 and would do more damage depending on the range with a bonus.
MT: 8 if range = 2
MT: 13 if range = 3 / Critical hit = + 10%
MT: 15 if range = 4 / Critical hit = + 20%

Steel weapon:
Steel weapons should inflict much more damage to make them more dangerous.
Steel sword: MT 8> 13
Steel lance: MT 10> 14
etc ...

Silver weapon:
Damage would be closer to steel weapons, but more likely to strike critically.
Silver sword: 13> 10
Silver lance 15> 12
Critical Hit + 15%

Magic change:
The changes are good you did a good job but here are my ideas to make the magicians much more redotubal.

Fire: The damage is a little higher but with a melee advantage.
MT: 3> 5 remote
MT: 5> 7 in melee + 5% in melee

Hel-Fire: The damage will be much higher with an advantage in melee.
I forget the exact figure of the damage from what I remember:
MT: 7> 11 remote
MT: 11> 13 / Critical hit + 10% melee.

Thunder: Lightning can be used at a distance for a range of 1 to 3 now except it loses its critical strike bonus from a distance and it loses 2 MT.

Hel-Thunder: I find that there is little difference, certainly the damage is high but it should be even more for more difficulty.
The range would remain the same (1 to 3) and 2 MT less if used remotely.
I forgot the damage, from my memories:
MT: 8> 14 / Critical hit: + 30% melee

Wind: The vend can be used for a maximum range of 1 to 4, the damage will be a little higher with a melee bonus, either:
MT: 1> 3 remote
MT: 3> 5 melee / + 30% critical hit

Hel-Wind: Even higher damage with the same range and the same melee advantages:
As usual I only have vague memories:
MT: 7> 9 remote
MT: 10> 12 melee / + 40% critical hit

Remastered theme

Change class : 

Knight mages can use dark magic

Warriors can use swords

Characters change

Caellach use a unique axe

To avoid the one shot, his new weapon ignores the weapon class and that hits 100% all the time hence its nickname tiger eye.

Selena uses infinitely long distance attacks.

Valter uses a single spear that ignores the player's defense and absorbs the player's health. For each hit.

Thank you for listened to me. Know that I haven't finished your game but I wrote to you rather because I won't have time because of the exams.

For the magicians and archers i mean "more powerful magicians and archers, 2 or 4 are not sufficient the best will be between 8 and 15", sorry for my grammar, i can' t edit and correct it, i need to improve my english.

I forgot to say :

Berserker should have the possibilty to use sword. 

Axe need to be more powerful in strenght but with a lower hit rate. 

Like Iron axe

MT : 11 / Hit rate : 65 % 

The team ability and rally ability should be use by a lot of enemies too.

The dark magic need to be more deadly. Like MT + 6 for all dark magic.

The light magic need to have more critical hit like + 10 % for the light + 30 % for Aura etc... 

The long range magic need to be more present in the game like 1/2 mage has eclipse or meteor.  Also those magics need to be more accurate like 50 % to hit the player with serious damage.

The demons need to have lieutenant and general too with high stat between 25 and 30 in the middle and end of the game.Demons in the middle of the game and in the last temple need to have like 50-60 HP with high stat between 20 and 25. Zombies need to be more dealdy with 100 HP in the middle, end of the game and last temple with high stat and serious damage.

Also for the remastered theme, you will love this : 

Edited by judge09

Tower of Valni and last temple (before the final fight) Idea:

This is my last idea, why not strong warriors like paladin, pegasus knight etc ... in the middle of the level with high stats like between 25 and 30 Speed, Strenght etc... with good loots.

Why not all the boss we defeated (Valter, Caellach, Selena) appears randomly in these towers with better stat and her original weapons.

Else i imagine two final boss for the temples  

- The heroes will fight themself, clones with the same stat, weapons and ability.

- For the second final boss i imagine the older heroes of the Sacred Stone with high stats (25-30 Sps,Str,Df) with the most powerful weapon in the game.

What do you think?

Edited by judge09

I'm near the end, the game begin to be difficult it's really good, but honestly you should make a harder difficulty patch. I see you add new powerful class too this is why imagine a patch with 3 class possible. For example in the first level there are a lot of 2nd class who appears (at the end of the first part) for the chapter 9 only 2nd class with good stat because the player will improve his heroes in the tower of Valni and til the end  3nd class with high stat with 2nd stat with high stat. High stat for me = 25-30 Atk,Def etc... Make the end even harder with a lot of 3 class heroes who appears.

Edited by judge09

23 hours ago, judge09 said:

I'm near the end, the game begin to be difficult it's really good, but honestly you should make a harder difficulty patch. I see you add new powerful class too this is why imagine a patch with 3 class possible. For example in the first level there are a lot of 2nd class who appears (at the end of the first part) for the chapter 9 only 2nd class with good stat because the player will improve his heroes in the tower of Valni and til the end  3nd class with high stat with 2nd stat with high stat. High stat for me = 25-30 Atk,Def etc... Make the end even harder with a lot of 3 class heroes who appears.

I'm glad that you like the hack so far, and I appreciate all the feedback. However, there are a number of reasons as for why I won't implement the changes you are suggesting. 

First and foremost, I've been working on this hack for almost a year now, which is way more time than I thought I would. I'm already feeling burnt out by this project and I want to be done with it as soon as possible. Implementing all those changes would take a lot of time and patience, both of which I'm currently lacking.

Secondly, a lot of the things you are suggesting are simply not possible to make due to hacking limitations. This is a ROM hack, not a fan game, which means it is severely limited by the GBA hardware. Those remastered tracks sound beautiful, no doubt, but the GBA hardware would never be able to play such high quality music. The same is true to the classes/animations. I originally planned to include many more of them, like three possible promotions, Tier 3 classes, and even a STR/MAG split so I would be able to include classes like War Monks. I quickly had to abandon the idea because A) There's a limit of 127 classes and B) There's a limit of 255 battle animations. I'm already using all the available battle animation slots, and I even had to remove some of the unarmed animations to make space for the custom classes I included (and later I found out that removing the unarmed animations caused glitches whenever the player attempted to promote the unit while unarmed). Even the frigging items have limits. 255 for item ID's and a little bit less for the icons they use, since the game menus and interface use some of those slots as well. I'm already using all of them and can't include new items. I also don't know how I would set different stats for the same item when used in melee or in range, because FEBuilder doesn't allow that separation as far as I know. It also doesn't allow custom weapon range aside from the ones already in the vanilla game. 

And it's a little bit ironic how you mention that I should set the difficulty higher to be a bit more like the master version hack. The majority of the comments there are criticizing the author for making the game unecessarily hard and turning it into a grindy ragefest. Even the author himself states that he regret doing things the way he did. Also, as far as I know, that author is Seal, who made the hack that I used as a reference to balance my hack around (Sacred War). I'm not gonna repeat the same mistakes he did in the past. I don't want this hack to be a punishing experience. That being said, I don't mind anyone taking my hack as a starting point and doing their own modifications, as long as credit is given. If you feel like doing that stuff, you're more than welcome to do so.

Edited by bløød

Ok i see, thank you for your answer, else how do you create or make these changes, and i didn't know there is a limit about class. 

Is there a solution to break these limits ? 

Lol it was not a mistake for me xD, i'm different than people who loves play always easy or who want just a normal difficulty , honestly the master hack was perfect in difficulty and especially in the end, did you see or win the end ? i did it but i died a lot, i lose between 60-90 times. Hahahah it's was so hard, it was like chess, you need to have all characters lvl 20 with lvl 2 class of course and choose all your actions very very carefully, if you make just one mistake with a single character you lose, but i finish his patch.

For your patch I am in the Darkling woods level, and the 2 levels before was really hard, i lose between 10-20 (for the 2 levels) and i think those last two levels was more hard than the master version level but let's see for the end 😉

But yeah agree about the game was really hard, but honestly those peoples are baby because they complain a lot, this is a logic game, i'm wrong ? 

For me Good challenge = Good game / High challenge = very good game like Getting over it / Dark soul / Touhou  who are more than popular actually etc... 

Your game is well balanced,if you have the time and if you want, you should make a difficult patch version with the others patch. Like Fire Emblem 8 Lunatic Mode (Touhou reference). I think a lot of people will make a video about your modes if you make something like this because you are really good for stuffs like these, but it's you who decides of course but something told me (simple intuition) that you should do something like that.

Else have you other projects or your done ? 

Edited by judge09

Wow , that's looking very interesting , i always wanted to see Fire Emblem sacred stones with some changes and additions because when I ended it I really wanted more things to try , so I can never be bored of it^^' , Thanks for that ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I did all the levels of the dungeon and especially the last one which is almost but almost x10000 impossible to do without at least half of our team dies, in short to get there I have to cheat with the save ( for me it's not cheating because given the difficulty it's normal, unless you are enigma (the machine that beat the best player of chess)).

In short after several hours of suffering and especially the last level which broke my morale, I arrive before this IMPOSSIBLE BOSS !!!! 

1802890230_WTF2.thumb.PNG.3dc608a5da61da0ec6e87aa933c57175.PNGWTF.thumb.PNG.70d0fe178cd3ee42c3b67fc89e91d618.PNG

How am I doing this, can you explain me ?

After you did a very good job for this hack, the difficulty is very interesting, but here is what should change for a perfect balance :

- For the store for the last levels in the dungeon, the weakest objects like the iron spear, short or the light tome, shine, flux, luna or the simple heal stick, should be accessible because we lose too much money to nothing and especially accessible spells or accessible objects are too heavy or our characters will not be able to use them because they are too weak.

- The difficulty for the last level of the last dungeon is to honestly review it is totally impossible unless you have the ultra instinct of the brain.

The fire dragons are too fast, they should be slower because they got me two shots of Erika at level 20 who is the fastest and most powerful character in the game (stronger than Joshua).

I don't know if it's a bug, but the zombie dragons don't work, and luckily if not I think that even  Ultra Instinct  would not be enough.

- The durability of the weapons: 15, 20 and 25 are too small for the durability especially with the money that we have invested, I pay more than I earn especially in the last levels, this is why 30 minimum would be good and for the others legendary powerful weapons especially for Roy, Hector etc ... 40 would be better instead of 20 or 25.

- The hammer stick should be accessible in stores, but very expensive as between 20,000 and 30,000£

- The thief should be able to steal items like before, I find it a shame that he cannot steal in this version, because doing extremely difficult bosses we should at least have the ability to earn their items which gives bonuses like (SPD +4, SKIL +4 etc ...)
by this mechanism and especially for the end of the level of objects like that would be welcome to make the last level less impossible.

-The player should be able to buy items that increase the stats for the end of the game because the stats of my team are very badly distributed and they are useless against the boss of the level of the dungeon. This is why there should be a possibility to access the secret store after having successfully completed the first dungeon for example to buy these equipment which will make our task much easier for levels like the last levels and the impossible levels. Of course these bonus items would be very expensive like £ 8000

I mean better character management with bonus items or items that increase stats accessible for a possibility to compete and get closer to the extremely powerful bosses of the final dungeon.

Honestly, the Fili Shield and The Hoplon Guard should give defense and resistance. like +5  and should be available to buy in stores but would be very expensive like 20,000 £ 

for the final gift I am quite disappointed, just a simple Ivaldi, I would have liked a more unique object like why not a gem which is worth £ 100,000 or a special card which opens the lunatic mode of FE8 (if you want to make one) or one extremely useful and powerful object which represents the fruit of our efforts to have literally beaten the impossible² * exp (infinite).

1119504064_WTF3.thumb.PNG.5be99790fac269e3cc26c88ea4bbd380.PNG

Otherwise after the big difficulty of the dungeon and I do not laugh you should make a lunatic mode, of FE8 as for the last levels with many enemies with powerful weapons, good bosses etc ... As you did for these levels. I'm really serious about this and you show us how good the difficulty was balanced this is why now you need for me and for everyone a lunatic mode. 

I see that you are a fan of fire emblem 7 I loved seeing these characters again and especially special mention for the music. bravo for the work.

Edited by judge09

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

On 1/21/2020 at 3:57 PM, judge09 said:

In short after several hours of suffering and especially the last level which broke my morale, I arrive before this IMPOSSIBLE BOSS !!!! 

Well, Lagdou Ruins is still unfinished in the current available version of the hack. I only edited it up to the fith floor I think. Even though the last floor seems complete, it is only a placeholder. I was still going to test the difficulty to see if it's fair (given your response, it's not). However, there are 2 secret shops that I put in the ruins. There is one in the nith floor where it's possible to buy the fell weapons (the ones that negate enemey defense). Facing the final boss with them should make things a lot easier.

- For the store for the last levels in the dungeon, the weakest objects like the iron spear, short or the light tome, shine, flux, luna or the simple heal stick, should be accessible because we lose too much money to nothing and especially accessible spells or accessible objects are too heavy or our characters will not be able to use them because they are too weak.

I wanted to do that as well, but guess what? There's a limit to how many items a store can sell, which is 21. If I put the iron weapons there, I will need to remove the top tier weapons, so I don't know which is better.

The fire dragons are too fast, they should be slower because they got me two shots of Erika at level 20 who is the fastest and most powerful character in the game (stronger than Joshua).

Ok, I guess I'll nerf them for the next update then.

I don't know if it's a bug, but the zombie dragons don't work, and luckily if not I think that even  Ultra Instinct  would not be enough.

It's something related to their weapons, but I already fixed that for the next update.

- The durability of the weapons: 15, 20 and 25 are too small for the durability especially with the money that we have invested, I pay more than I earn especially in the last levels, this is why 30 minimum would be good and for the others legendary powerful weapons especially for Roy, Hector etc ... 40 would be better instead of 20 or 25.

I also rebalanced those extra legendaries as well. They have more appropriate stats and more uses.

- The hammer stick should be accessible in stores, but very expensive as between 20,000 and 30,000£

In the next version, Lyon in Lagdou Ruins 9 will carry a lootable Hammerne staff. I don't want to allow players to buy it because that would mean unlimited legendary weapons.

-The player should be able to buy items that increase the stats for the end of the game because the stats of my team are very badly distributed and they are useless against the boss of the level of the dungeon. This is why there should be a possibility to access the secret store after having successfully completed the first dungeon for example to buy these equipment which will make our task much easier for levels like the last levels and the impossible levels. Of course these bonus items would be very expensive like £ 8000

But you can do that, can't you? The secret shops from chapter 15 and 19 will sell them after beating the campaign. This was in the vanilla game and I didn't remove it.

Honestly, the Fili Shield and The Hoplon Guard should give defense and resistance. like +5  and should be available to buy in stores but would be very expensive like 20,000 £ 

That's an interesting suggestion. I think I'll do that for the next update.

for the final gift I am quite disappointed, just a simple Ivaldi, I would have liked a more unique object like why not a gem which is worth £ 100,000 or a special card which opens the lunatic mode of FE8 (if you want to make one) or one extremely useful and powerful object which represents the fruit of our efforts to have literally beaten the impossible² * exp (infinite).

That chest has a 10% drop rate for each of the legendary weapons of the game, in case the player let any of them break. Honestly, I don't really know how I can reward the player at this point, because the game is pretty much over by then. However, the real reward is supposed to be the friends we made along the way the lootable crown from Fomortiis, which gives +3 to all stats.

I see that you are a fan of fire emblem 7 I loved seeing these characters again and especially special mention for the music. bravo for the work.

Thank you! The next version will have many more characters from FE6 and FE7, and some of them will even have unique animations.

Otherwise after the big difficulty of the dungeon and I do not laugh you should make a lunatic mode, of FE8 as for the last levels with many enemies with powerful weapons, good bosses etc ... As you did for these levels. I'm really serious about this and you show us how good the difficulty was balanced this is why now you need for me and for everyone a lunatic mode. 

I'll see what I can do about that after finishing the hack and taking a break. I realize that there are some masochists out there who like the difficulty really rough.

Again, thank you for the feedback

"But you can do that, can't you? The secret shops from chapter 15 and 19 will sell them after beating the campaign. This was in the vanilla game and I didn't remove it."

I mean it will be good an accessible secret shop after win the first dungeon or in the final level you can access (something like this) 

On 1/22/2020 at 1:57 AM, judge09 said:

"I wanted to do that as well, but guess what? There's a limit to how many items a store can sell, which is 21. If I put the iron weapons there, I will need to remove the top tier weapons, so I don't know which is better."

Ok, then change nothing , it's perfect. 

Oh else, i didn't know for the secret shops...

Thank you for your answer, and i'm 100 % sure and serious this is the best FE8 remastered and one of the best hack i have ever seen.

Oh I forgot to say that i love the last big wave, when you are near Lyon, i think maybe if you want make it bigger like the right and left wave with this wave.(just a suggestion for an epic final level like fire emblem echo shadow of valentia)

For the end, all my characters was level 20, honestly two characters was enough for beat Lyon, i think why not all stats 30 with 100 HP, i see the tome effect is not the same. I think Lyon in the last dungeon before Zephiel was perfect with his tome who take HP (ultimate balanced boss).

For the Demon king the same 30  (except 47 +13 XD i think those numbers are my nightmares and the speed maybe 20) for all stats, i see you add the sleep effects, who make him even harder, good job about this.