ATTN topics banned + a reminder about FFtF

VincentASM

I think ATTN topics should still be allowed, but you're right about stupid little topics like that.

But if I were to make an ATTN topic to address a certain issue or have a discussion with people, I think that would be fine.

You can do that just fine without the "ATTN", though.

It isn't like the lack of those four letters will ruin your thread.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do that just fine without the "ATTN", though.

It isn't like the lack of those four letters will ruin your thread.

Yes, technically, that's all there is to it.

No offense, but just because it annoys the staff, that's a stupid reason to ban them.

I mean, you've put up with Metal Rabbit. So it's not like you haven't done it.

So i've seen ppl going 'LAWL JUST PM *thumbs up!*" uhh there are things such as attention topics aimed at a group of ppl or the forest as a whole ya know

You can mass PM people, although I'll admit I wouldn't recommend that.

When I said confrontational topics are banned, I meant ones similar in style to the ATTN ones, like "Read this X". I probably should have underlined "similar" as well...

If you want to do a group topic, you could do something like... "X Group Unite", "Come here, X members", etc. Assuming they're okay with being called out, of course.

No offense, but just because it annoys the staff, that's a stupid reason to ban them.

I mean, you've put up with Metal Rabbit. So it's not like you haven't done it.

There's no reason to drag two separate issues together : o

Edited by VincentASM

You can mass PM people, although I'll admit I wouldn't recommend that.

When I said confrontational topics are banned, I meant ones similar in style to the ATTN ones, like "Read this X". I probably should have underlined "similar" as well...

If you want to do a group topic, you could do something like... "X Group Unite", "Come here, X members", etc. Assuming they're okay with being called out, of course.

Then why are ATTN topics themseleves banned? Can I not make an ATTN topic that says: ATTN: Masu

-Look at this pic.

There's no reason to drag two separate issues together : o

Lol. They're similar enough to be compared though.

Then why are ATTN topics themseleves banned? Can I not make an ATTN topic that says: ATTN: Masu

-Look at this pic.

If Masu is a member, then you should be PMing him instead. As far I know, the PM system was created for that kind of thing.

If Masu is the picture, you can post it without the "ATTN".

That's how I understand it.

-Look at this pic.

Eh? If I understand you, just PM him.

Alright, since it seems we've got an unhappy bunch. I'll reiterate the reasons why ATTN topics are banned.

1) The staff are sick of them. I'm guessing a couple of other members are as well. I don't really like interfering with you guys' fun, and I'd be reasonable happy to see the odd ATTN topic. However, there's just been way too many of them. Basically, it ticks all the right boxes for being a stupid (and tired) fad.

2) They clutter up the board (there's at least 3 or 4 ATTN topics for every page of FFTF) and you can use the PM system to replace most of the topics. IMO most of the contents should really be kept in private anyway. I'll admit I'm not a fan of this quote, but as Jyosua said (not literally) "Serenes members love showing their dirty laundry in public".

3) I'm sure there was a reason here.

4) Because we said so. Actually, I won't strike this out : )

Edited by VincentASM

Come on, ATTN topics are banned, get over it...

What this guy said. I just thought I would bring it up, since it so clearly states what people should do.

I do not think I have ever been to a good forum that did not ban ATTN topics.

Edited by Shuuda

I just don't see a point. It seems an uneccesary rule.

But I won't argue it. Cause it's futile anyway, right?

Well it is, and it isn't. It depends on how you see things : P

Anyway, I could say I don't see a point in ATTN topics... and I do, not see a point in them, and I can get something done about them immediately. As for members, it's only natural you'll have to argue harder against us ^^;;;

That's it. I've had enough of your awesome avatars and sigs >:o

j/k

Yeah, this post was pointless. I'm allowed to make one every now and again right?

No! Absolutely not! >:o

J/k

Eh? If I understand you, just PM him.

Alright, since it seems we've got an unhappy bunch. I'll reiterate the reasons why ATTN topics are banned.

1) The staff are sick of them. I'm guessing a couple of other members are as well. I don't really like interfering with you guys' fun, and I'd be reasonable happy to see the odd ATTN topic. However, there's just been way too many of them. Basically, it ticks all the right boxes for being a stupid (and tired) fad.

Really, I could care less about ATTN topics. When I heard they were banned, I was like "Okay, cool, no problem". But now that pretty much every topic that mentions another user in the title or OP is considered confrontational, we would be locking a lot of topics and killing one aspect of FFtF.

2) They clutter up the board (there's at least 3 or 4 ATTN topics for every page of FFTF) and you can use the PM system to replace most of the topics. IMO most of the contents should really be kept in private anyway. I'll admit I'm not a fan of this quote, but as Jyosua said (not literally) "Serenes members love showing their dirty laundry in public".

That's only true in some cases. If someone wants to direct a topic at someone, but it is meant as a joke to other people, it should be fine.

3) I'm sure there was a reason here.

4) Because we said so. Actually, I won't strike this out : )

Because you said so?

Well really, what I want is for Vincent/Jyoshua to clarify what they mean by "confrontational" or not ban other confrontational topics at all. I really don't care about ATTN topics and would be fine if they were banned.

That's only true in some cases. If someone wants to direct a topic at someone, but it is meant as a joke to other people, it should be fine.

I'm mainly doing this for members who might be offended. Especially since a lot of these topics seem to be designed to offend members, whether strongly or not.

Even if it's a joke, it's gone too far to be quite honest. Hence the annoying fad.

Because you said so?

We're the leaders of this forum. That's all that needs to be said, I think.

Well really, what I want is for Vincent/Jyoshua to clarify what they mean by "confrontational" or not ban other confrontational topics at all. I really don't care about ATTN topics and would be fine if they were banned.

Do we really need to? I assumed it was common sense :S