Mythic Hero Battle: Yune - Chaos Goddess

mampfoid

Just now, Anacybele said:

I do have her, actually, and with merges too. But I don't think I have her built up for that kind of thing.

Well, I do that when I give him armor buffs. But armor teams are not good for these kinds of battles because their movement is awful. In fact, they're not good for a lot of things in the game because of that. What makes GD Ike one of the few great armors is his survivability and high Atk and Spd.

So then you don’t have anyone with Armor March? With that skill boosting him he’d have amazing mobility considering 2 move and no penalty on forests.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

So then you don’t have anyone with Armor March? With that skill boosting him he’d have amazing mobility considering 2 move and no penalty on forests.

Of course I do, and I also have him use the Armored Boots seal, but that still doesn't help enough since they only work under certain conditions.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course I do, and I also have him use the Armored Boots seal, but that still doesn't help enough since they only work under certain conditions.

Why both? If you have a good armor ally then the conditions for Armor March are trivially easy and already in your best interest to maintain constantly. Again, ditch the armored boots, give him a bond seal, support him with his armor march partner, and his stats will skyrocket.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do have her, actually, and with merges too. But I don't think I have her built up for that kind of thing.

She doesn't need fancy stuff. Just Fury, Desperation and her refined weapon. I also had Luna and the Flashing Blade seal on her. Aside from that, 3 dancers with Wing of Mercy do the trick. You just have to try a little bit figuring out positioning and kill order. 

5 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Why both? If you have a good armor ally then the conditions for Armor March are trivially easy and already in your best interest to maintain constantly. Again, ditch the armored boots, give him a bond seal, support him with his armor march partner, and his stats will skyrocket.

I didn't mean I used both at the same time, I meant I have him use the Armored Boots when he's not teamed up with other armors.

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

She doesn't need fancy stuff. Just Fury, Desperation and her refined weapon. I also had Luna and the Flashing Blade seal on her. Aside from that, 3 dancers with Wing of Mercy do the trick. You just have to try a little bit figuring out positioning and kill order. 

I see. But would this work on infernal? I doubt it...

I cleared lunatic using some ideas from a F2P video that was actually for infernal. I followed some of it, but towards the end I had to improvise quite a bit, though that was my own fault because I used legendary Azura in place of Olivia or young Azura. xP But legendary Azura is so awesome, so...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I cleared lunatic using some ideas from a F2P video that was actually for infernal. I followed some of it, but towards the end I had to improvise quite a bit, though that was my own fault because I used legendary Azura in place of Olivia or young Azura. xP But legendary Azura is so awesome, so...

There's some abyssal clears on youtube featuring Celica + dancers. Celica is just insane and doesn't need much to get going as long as you can support her.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

There's some abyssal clears on youtube featuring Celica + dancers. Celica is just insane and doesn't need much to get going as long as you can support her.

I see. I still doubt they'd work for me though, because yet another reason I don't care much for F2P videos is that they'll only work if you have the exact same units with the exact same stats and skills much of the time. If your units have any different stats or anything at all, the AI behaves differently and makes it impossible to clear much of the time.

Like this one I had used for lunatic ideas. I can't actually use it for infernal because the AI behaved differently and there wasn't a way to work around it.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. I still doubt they'd work for me though, because yet another reason I don't care much for F2P videos is that they'll only work if you have the exact same units with the exact same stats and skills much of the time. If your units have any different stats or anything at all, the AI behaves differently and makes it impossible to clear much of the time.

Like this one I had used for lunatic ideas. I can't actually use it for infernal because the AI behaved differently and there wasn't a way to work around it.

I'm not a fan of guides either, instead I use various clears as a reference point. It helps to have an idea of where to start and slowly figure things from there on. Celica + dancers is the same thing as a red mage + support and if I can reach similar numbers than I have my starting point. Aversa for example can support solo the map with bladetome. Sometimes it takes a ridiculous amount of tries before I even come close to clearing these maps. I also find it helpful to record what you're doing once you get an idea, it helps to see what you're doing and make adjustments.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's what I used to clear Infernal. The enemy might react different for you, but knowing that Celica can kill everyone* on the map means that you'll just have to keep trying to figure out how to move around according to the enemy reaction towards your units. 

* My Celica couldn't kill the infantry dagger, so I had to have a dancer hit him before Celica could kill him. Since the dancers have WoM, it wasn't hard to set that up. 

Try it out a little, if you have the pieces. It's what has been working out for me for a while and I don't even try other teams on these kind of maps anymore. 

7 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I'm not a fan of guides either, instead I use various clears as a reference point. It helps to have an idea of where to start and slowly figure things from there on. Celica + dancers is the same thing as a red mage + support and if I can reach similar numbers than I have my starting point. Aversa for example can support solo the map with bladetome. Sometimes it takes a ridiculous amount of tries before I even come close to clearing these maps. I also find it helpful to record what you're doing once you get an idea, it helps to see what you're doing and make adjustments.

I see. I tried using a different dancer/singer to get that infernal video to work and I still had to improvise in the end, but I cleared it there. Sometimes that does work, yes, but even then not always.

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

That's what I used to clear Infernal. The enemy might react different for you, but knowing that Celica can kill everyone* on the map means that you'll just have to keep trying to figure out how to move around according to the enemy reaction towards your units. 

* My Celica couldn't kill the infantry dagger, so I had to have a dancer hit him before Celica could kill him. Since the dancers have WoM, it wasn't hard to set that up. 

Try it out a little, if you have the pieces. It's what has been working out for me for a while and I don't even try other teams on these kind of maps anymore. 

I guess so yeah. But it'll have to be for another time since I cleared infernal a different way.

So today was my last day at the internship, and I've decided to take the opportunity to tentatively return to posting clears. I'm not entirely caught up with things yet, so it may start off slow, but I hope to return in full soon. I've been doing clears for most challenge maps during these two months, but will probably only post the LHB ones here (if you are interested in seeing the rest, feel free to check on my youtube channel). As for replies, the backlog is just too big at this point, so I will limit them to the LHB threads in which I post. Sorry about that. I really did appreciate watching everyone's clears.

Anyway, back to the battle at hand:

@mampfoid Amazing as always! Good to see you can still trigger the right HP thresholds, since I remember you being worried about that. Hector is the most badass dude to never fight haha. 

@Robert of Normandy It's really nice to see different ways to one-turn clear this. Fliers are certainly favoured on this stage. It's easy to overlook the obvious at times when it comes to these maps, but it certainly feels great to finally pull it off.

@kirauza343 The units may not be particularly unusual, but you certainly showed why they are seen as among the best for these maps. It's funny how you did the thing I usually do on my Taku clears: Leave the armour for last. That guy was definitely a tough customer. Well done!

And here comes another Birb clear:

@mcsilas @Landmaster @Sasori @daisy jane @ruruo @Azuris

Music: 1. Emil - Sacrifice 2. Emil - Despair 3. Emil - Karma. All from Nier and Nier: Automata (I originally wanted to only have the first two, but the recording app I use decided to make the ability to choose from which point a song starts premium. Transitions are going to be even more jarring until I can find an app that isn't even worse.)

I may not have gotten Yune but at least I got to beat her up. orz

Finally a team that actually thematic for once. haha;; You may notice my Tibarn has Galeforce. I actually gave that to him for clearing F!Grima in Feburary and it's made him go from broken to insane. He's not invincible, but his ability to get rid of a large crowd in one turn is godsend for these maps. Naesala with Desperation also helps out a ton. Reyson got to take out the last enemy, so all is right in my book. Hope you enjoyed!

Edited by Nanima

@mampfoid @Nowi's Husband @LordFrigid @Robert of Normandy @Alcyone @kirauza343 @Nanima

You guys did a amazing job! Congrats!  I didn't try to beat Abyssal because I don't care for golden accessories, which in my opinion don't look great on the units. I was having problems with Infernal, but I managed to beat it.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I was a little annoyed to learn that Nino can't EP-tank Yune, but eh. (Actually, I'm now considering giving her G Tomebreaker just so she can.) Eventually managed Infernal with Reinhardt, Cordelia, Nino and LH!Azura. Abyssal is today's task once I finish Shadow Dragon.

Also: brb, sending feedback that these things aren't hard enough.

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I haven’t seen Brave/-breaker in a while. That was my second favorite part of the clear ;) .

You would be surprised how long it took me to think of swordbreaker. I was close to kill my only Ylgr. 

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I actually needed to grind an Ally support for this one

Grinding support is annoying, but it payed out. Wow, I'm more and more sad I missed the good beasts, Velouria is a great addition to your GF roster. Also first time +10 Naesala, great! 

9 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Spent forever trying to think how I could get it so that the red flier would attack and be KO'd by Morgan on EP only to realize "wait Hinoka can KO her on her own turn." >_>

Haha, I know that feeling. The obvious solution is always dancing behind us. 

I like your approach, softening up the annoying Sword fighter was a good idea. Blardblade would have killed him, right? 

Still astonishing what you manage with always the same team. 

9 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Great job as usual!

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Alcyone said:

wow we actually use same strat, just slightly diff units but serve the same purpose lol

Heres mine:

Haha, mirror clear with dads team (you need a FE7 replacement for Caeda), congrats!

Do you also have [url=https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/85083-legendary-hero-battle-of-god-white-sage-tiki/&do=findComment&comment=5317461]Galeforce on Hector[/url]

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

Fortunately, that swordmaster equip Barrier Blade, not Safeguard. If it was Safeguard with Guard on B slot,  I'm sure Roy could not get pass him. The final battle is really epic when Hector blink in that forest and reposition Roy to finish Yune off. Brilliant work !!

Thanks! Hector is a great support unit.

Yeah, with safeguard I would have been forced to grind support or to use different unit.

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

More important than that is the music. I wait for so long and finally this map deserve a good soundtrack to make the battle more intense !!

I was curious for your solution, that map looked like a real challenge for your team, but they didn't disappoint. Finally some GF action for Siggy and he even gets the boss kill! 

The music was also very fitting, congrats!

8 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Amazing as always, it was hilarious to see Hector fly across the map just to reposition Roy! He makes a great if unconventional cheerleader. Caeda and the axe armor was also really close, so nice job getting that to work out.

Yeah, Hector is a real team player! Thanks!

8 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Again my team for this isn’t particularly unique or noteworthy but dammit I did it! Besides, it’s a little funny to see Summer Camilla and barefoot Azura in the snow

Almost barefoot emblem, nice. I like Elincias role, GFing and beaming with Flier formation. She barely survives with 1 (flower boosted) HP, that was very close!

Another great team of yours, congrats! 

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

So today was my last day at the internship, and I've decided to take the opportunity to tentatively return to posting clears.

Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! 

As for replies, the backlog is just too big at this point, so I will limit them to the LHB threads in which I post. Sorry about that. I really did appreciate watching everyone's clears.

Don't worry, replying to all the old threats sound like a lot of work. Invest that time into some cool clears instead again. ;-)

Amazing as always! Good to see you can still trigger the right HP thresholds, since I remember you being worried about that. Hector is the most badass dude to never fight haha. 

Thanks!

Yeah, most of my unmerged GF units don't have the punch to kill Abyssal stuff. 

Hector is a cool guy, he doesn't mind to help his pupils a little bit. He had some clears with own action though, [url=https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/85083-legendary-hero-battle-of-god-white-sage-tiki/&do=findComment&comment=5317461]Tikis map[/url] being first. 

I may not have gotten Yune but at least I got to beat her up. orz

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you'll manage to get her!

Finally a team that actually thematic for once. haha;; You may notice my Tibarn has Galeforce. I actually gave that to him for clearing F!Grima in Feburary and it's made him go from broken to insane. He's not invincible, but his ability to get rid of a large crowd in one turn is godsend for these maps. Naesala with Desperation also helps out a ton. Reyson got to take out the last enemy, so all is right in my book. Hope you enjoyed!

Oh wow, GF on Tibarn is great. I'm a little jealous of your birds. Having those 3 mov fliers jet around and procing GF all the time is so cool, it looks like a lot of fun! Congrats! 

Reyson even got a kill in the end, he can get surprisingly tanky. 

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@mampfoid @Nowi's Husband @LordFrigid @Robert of Normandy @Alcyone @kirauza343 @Nanima

You guys did a amazing job! Congrats!  I didn't try to beat Abyssal because I don't care for golden accessories, which in my opinion don't look great on the units. I was having problems with Infernal, but I managed to beat it.

Thanks! 

I'm for myself am happy to not need to mess with all those Abyssal reinforcements. ;-)

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

This Abyssal map is a shithole of another magnitude for the Askrtrio to clear >.<. Marth was easier then this

Uh, that sounds hard. Good luck with them! 

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You would be surprised how long it took me to think of swordbreaker. I was close to kill my only Ylgr. 

Yipes! Good thing Abel was around to stop you, then.

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Grinding support is annoying, but it payed out. Wow, I'm more and more sad I missed the good beasts, Velouria is a great addition to your GF roster. Also first time +10 Naesala, great! 

Yeah, Wolfpup Fang is pretty awesome. I do find it curious that she attacks with claw swipes, though.

~

In other news, Celica continues to rock the Dragon Gaze tree. Interestingly, it’s possible to trap the Thief in the lower right corner for the T2 EP, but I couldn’t get the rest of the battle to work out afterward.

Spoiler

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Yune in one turn:

Biggest trouble was to make Roy kill the guard sword fighter. Brave+, Swordbreaker, Heavy blade seal, Ostia's pulse, Def ploy and ATK tactic were needed. Hector does  the little beaming helper again. 

Amazing. It's really impressive how you manage to pull these 1-turn clears. I don't think I could ever figure them out.

Here's my Infernal clear using a new Flier Emblem team. Veronica and Hinoka supported by two Azuras. Really proud of my recently summoned Vero, who I basically turned into the ultimate glass cannon.

Aaaand just beat Infernal for the last 4 orbs this banner's special battles can offer me! Thanks to that nasty swordbreaker lance cav at the beginning, Valentine Ike was fucked and couldn't get me out of this one. So I switched to my Laguz team. I had Tibarn carve a way over to the southeast corner with the help of Reyson and Leanne, then I holed up there for a turn by having Velouria tank, before having Tibarn carve his way back west to get rid of everything but Yune and the mage cav by her, then I regrouped until I could head back in for the final blow.

Edited by Alastor15243

Summer Takumi solos another Infernal MHB once again, this time against Yune!

It took several tries where it seemed like I got stumped, but then I switched his B-skill Desperation, let him get hit by the flying red mage at the start of the battle to activate Desperation, and then the MHB turned out to be a piece of cake! 

Here's the video of Summer Takumi doing his thing as he solos the Infernal Yune MHB!

As expected, Abyssal wasn't too bad. LH!Azura is thoroughly broken.

Reinhardt can't do much here; even the reds were surviving and killing him back. So I swapped him for Performing Micaiah, and that was that.

This was quite literally the easiest Abyssal map for me. For the first time ever I cleared Abyssal on my first attempt which is just hilarious since it usually takes anywhere from 40 minutes to several hours. I was so surprised I decided to record the run. Let me just say that HB Yune is fun to use and Klein is best boi. This was also my second Map using L!Azura and yes, she's absolutely ridiculous. This would have been infinitely more annoying without her.

I think Klein could support solo but I wanna see if Yune can as well. The biggest threats would be Yune, red mage cav and the green manakete. I might need to bring in a red dancer for chip damage but then that wouldn't be a solo. Hmm, maybe if I one shot stuff with glacies :/

Eugh, I feel dirty. To beat Infernal I had to completely drop my usual trio and take B!Roy of all people. I didn't even really expect him to work, but I decided to see if adding someone with Galeforce might help keep my units from getting bogged down. Just like with Hrid the damn Gravity troubadour kept making things extra complicated and with everyone rushing at you on turn 2 I couldn't spare anyone to kill her otherwise. That starting axe armor also made things tricky since I hate applying SI specifically for these battles and consequently didn't have a red mage able to get past Wary Fighter. He ended up being the very last unit I took out after doing some luring with the thief.

1. +HP B!Roy+1: Swap, Hone Cavalry, Brash Assault 3 seal (he ended the battle on 1 HP, so his asset saved me here)
  2. +HP L!Lucina+2: Luna, Spd/Def 2 seal (Future Vision + WoM = OP)
  3. +Spd Lewyn+2: Draw Back, Atk+1 seal (Forseti is just too good)
  4. Marth!Lucina+8: Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3, HP/Spd 2 seal, Wind Blessing (all of those merges certainly made themselves useful here).

same team I always use for LHB abyssal level stuff, I'm not quite sure if i can beat LHB abyssals with a whole team of Ryomas quite yet, alas

maybe I should try sometime though

anyway smite ryoma op