Mythic Hero Battle: Yune - Chaos Goddess

mampfoid

I beat infernal with the bird laguz!  Took a few tries, but they were wonderful.  Galeforce Tibarn is great, and Naesala netted a few kills.  The herons worked overtime to keep everyone fighting.  I'm loving being able to use Tellians to beat the hardest content.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid @Landmaster @LordFrigid

Insert Jevil Deltarune meme here.

I was within a hairsbreadth of finding a guide for this one. Every enemy unit had something in their arsenal that would OHKO someone on my team if I was out of position at all, not helped in the least by Yune's massive area denial. This map only became possible after I figured out how to get SY!Tiki into the blind spot not covered by Chaos Named, after which I evicted her from her corner of the map and took it for myself.

I was about to hurl my mouse across the room when I realized my Wings of Mercy strategy was initially fucked because F!Grima had one HP above the threshold, but thankfully I remembered that my vanilla Ninian had learned Def Tactic for my AR Defense and could dial it down to the tier 2 skill. Since the Def Tactic seal would thus have not worked, Titania instead picked up the Drive Res seal to make sure the missed Def wouldn't chip F!Grima out (and also so the Green Manakete from breaking AI script).

Side note: for some reason, Ninian equipping Def Tactic makes the Axe Knight start by moving South, but if it's removed he will start moving West. Bizarre and beyond my comprehension, but since it enabled my win I'm not going to complain.

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! 

Thanks I did!

Don't worry, replying to all the old threats sound like a lot of work. Invest that time into some cool clears instead again. ;-)

Will do. ;)

Thanks!

Yeah, most of my unmerged GF units don't have the punch to kill Abyssal stuff. 

Hector is a cool guy, he doesn't mind to help his pupils a little bit. He had some clears with own action though, [url=https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/85083-legendary-hero-battle-of-god-white-sage-tiki/&do=findComment&comment=5317461]Tikis map[/url] being first. 

It's no wonder when you look at the stat-inflation.

Ah, thanks for reminding me. I do need to rewatch some of them. Hector only gets involved when he feels like he needs to. haha

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you'll manage to get her!

I hope so too. L!Azura is so far the only exception to the rule that I can't get the Legendary/Mythic Heroes I want. Would really love Ryouma too. He's cost me around 600 orbs in total so far.

Oh wow, GF on Tibarn is great. I'm a little jealous of your birds. Having those 3 mov fliers jet around and procing GF all the time is so cool, it looks like a lot of fun! Congrats! 

Reyson even got a kill in the end, he can get surprisingly tanky. 

Yeah, he really packs a punch. I am sure they'll rerun the birds at some point, so you can try for them then. 

I love making all my faves badasses, no matter their circumstances, but Reyson needs very little help, I say. 

12 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Yipes! Good thing Abel was around to stop you, then.

That's the best thing, Roy had swordbreaker all the time!

Celica destroyed the map as well, nice. Too bad imprisoning the dagger didn't work, that would have been fun. 

11 hours ago, Jave said:

Amazing. It's really impressive how you manage to pull these 1-turn clears. I don't think I could ever figure them out.

Thanks, glad you like to watch them!

It's not that complicated, most clears follow the same pattern.  You'd need to invest a lot resources into some GF units and support though. 

11 hours ago, Jave said:

Here's my Infernal clear using a new Flier Emblem team. Veronica and Hinoka supported by two Azuras. Really proud of my recently summoned Vero, who I basically turned into the ultimate glass cannon.

Yeah, Veronica is really cool, I was tempted to pull for merges and a good boon. Yours is even +ATK, congrats! Gave mine Gronnblade+, but in the end it wasn't really necessary since her prf tome/egg is pretty good. 

Nice nuke-clear, good choice with Bownoka - I should use her more often. 

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Insert Jevil Deltarune meme here.

Yeah, AI is strange some times, but I'm happy you figured it out in the end.

Grima did a great job like always, but wow your Tiki! She didn't even flinch tanking/killing both Yune and the red tome cav. Entertaining clear, congrats! 

14 minutes ago, Nanima said:

hope so too. L!Azura is so far the only exception to the rule that I can't get the Legendary/Mythic Heroes I want. Would really love Ryouma too. He's cost me around 600 orbs in total so far

You've spend 600 orbs trying to get Ryoma and didn't get him? Wow, that sucks! 

15 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yeah, he really packs a punch. I am sure they'll rerun the birds at some point, so you can try for them then. 

That would be nice, but somehow I have problems to do serious orb saving these days. I get bored pretty fast which eats my orbs in most cases. 

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

love making all my faves badasses, no matter their circumstances, but Reyson needs very little help, I say. 

I got one copy of him (+DEF) so far which was instantly promoted and I must say he can eat some hits. 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:08 AM, Anacybele said:

Of course, these MHB/LHBs are still throwing a million reinforcements at you. When will this change? It really needs to, since there are way too many and the stats are already inflated to hell on higher difficulties. At the very least, cut down the reinforcements to just a couple or few. Or allow us to deploy more than four units in a battle outside of raids.

No it doesn't need to change. it's supposed to be difficult. and i'd imagine, mimic FE games that have waves upon waves of reinforcements. this was one of the battles that don't trigger the wave, but they just come - forcing you to be aggressive and kill as many as possible, and be set up for EP retaliation (unless you can Ophelia Cheese/Celica Cheese) it. they never go anywhere. and there's no real time rush to get it done the first month. it took me a few months to get some maps - and in that time  i got better units or SI so i could either use the units i want or if it was just to get it done (and get the orbs/accessory) - use the units suggested, THEN figure out how to use the units i wanted.  And sometimes it's just luck. I was able to Do Hrid's Abyssal, Grima's Abyssal in one go, first try. It took me a day and a half to figure out Roy's and Yune's is just too damned hard so i will try to figure it out for June. (I just found Yune's hard in general, and i had no shame using a guide, to grab what i needed, regardless of my desire of wanting to do it myself). 

People can clear Abyssals with the Askr 3. you just need time/patience that's alll. 

22 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I can't even clear hard. What the fuck. I'm using some of the best units in the game too. These stupid battles really need the difficulty toned down. I really wish people would send feedback asking for them to be easier.

EDIT: Finally cleared hard after a lot of tries, but if I'm having a lot of trouble on this already, that's still not a good thing. I don't like resorting to F2P videos or whatever to clear these on higher difficulties. I want to be able to do them on my own. But I never can because of IS's poor decisions on harder maps.

and then, you'll have a tonne of people mad that they are too easy.
sometimes "the best units in the game. " aren't the answer. you might need a Gem weapon/a specific dancer (with stats) or triangle adapt or something, to make it easier. again. I get the drive of wanting to do it on your own - and they are possible, with time and patience. I wanted to do Ryoma's Abyssal because i wanted the Helmet. I was determined to use the Myrrhs, Tiki and Leanne, regardless of all the armour piercing weapons/bows, and what not. It didn't take me any crazy si (None at all actually) just seals, and figuring out who could take the damage and who couldn't. Yune is hard. (which makes sense, that the map is chaoatic and hard because she wants chaos, etc). i couldn't figure it out, i used Ike, Eir and two dancers via a Guide, got my orbs, and the end. you can figure it out on your own the next time. 

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I see. I still doubt they'd work for me though, because yet another reason I don't care much for F2P videos is that they'll only work if you have the exact same units with the exact same stats and skills much of the time. If your units have any different stats or anything at all, the AI behaves differently and makes it impossible to clear much of the time.

Like this one I had used for lunatic ideas. I can't actually use it for infernal because the AI behaved differently and there wasn't a way to work around it.

not true. many guides, i swap out BK for Myrrh, and AI remains the same. (this was for the Ursula Abyssal i do believe). 
My ike is merged  (biggest mistake, waste of warding breath), My Olivia is -atk - and that doesn't impact much at all. (perhaps like one time). and if the ai DOES change - this is the learning moment because you compensate and you can figure out how to take out something because you adjusted, which is actually a good thing. 

there used to be a time  (truly like not that long ago) where in every thread it was "I can't figure out hard. can someone help." now i am at the point where i can do some abyssals without guides. why? time, patience, willing to use different units not just the ones i've built up and realising how to manipulate maps etc - all based on F2P guides, and advice i've gleaned on here. just because something is difficult, doesn't mean the game needs to make it easier so one can accomplish it without having to use a guide, or nerf units or the like. 

Sorry I'm so late with my clear, but I was determined beyond belief to do this without a Dancer. Took an insane amount of time, pretty much the entire day, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't force some mental anguish upon myself to do a clear, so here we go!~

Yep, not only did I use no Dancer, but also two twig defense Lolis and one that's -Atk~ You can imagine the fun.

I'll start with Keaton since he didn't really need anything, just Glimmer for faster special procs. Bonfire's damage would have been nice but we needed the big damage much quicker here.

So S!Elise became a Drive Bot. With her Tome and double Drive Atk, she's passing off +7 Atk and +1 Spd, which is really helpful in a lot of key instances here. Renewal ended up being needed to have her at enough health so the spawn of Satan Pass Troubadour doesn't kill her after the Blue Bow goes down. Fury was also needed to keep her Spd high enough after the debuff to kill the Lance Dragon.

Ducklise became a heal bot. Double Breath of Life and Ardent Sacrifice were needed to keep her teammates alive and play with the AI of the opponent, namely the Troubadour. Healing Nowi instead of attacking the Sword Fighter makes her heal less times and not charge up her Windfire Balm, which makes the Green Manakete fast enough to kill Nowi. Renewal also keeps her on good health to keep healing and not get targeted by the Troubadour herself.

Looks odd for Nowi to have Atk Tactic when only Ducklise can make use of it, but it was needed to she could one round the Axe Fridge without needing S!Elise's Drive buffs. Otherwise, R Tomebreaker was the only other Skill needed.

Main reason this took so long was figuring out where to start. Originally we were taking on the left side but ended up having no one able to deal with the Atk/Spd Solo Thief, so we changed strats to get rid of him right away. After that, the big trouble was the Troubador, but once we figured out a way to manipulate her actions and not get Gravitied when it mattered, it was smooth sailing from there~

Now for replies!

@mampfoid - Great work, Mamp, using all the Skills needed to work it perfectly! Loved that Flying Repo to give Roy the final kill. Hector hard carried ;3

@Nowi's Husband - Wow, that Smite work to take out Yune on Turn 1, seriously impressive! Well done.

@LordFrigid - Wow, +10 Baesala! Velouria has some monstrous strength, too. Now I see why Mamp keeps telling me to give her Galeforce haha!

@Robert of Normandy - Nice work with your timing of kills. Hinoka deals with that Red Flier easily, yeah XD Minerva slice Yune up with even more ease. Great work!

@Alcyone - Another nice one turn, love the use of Eligod and SMITE HECTOR.

@Ginko - The music is super great! Made watching this even better. Love how you deployed your units to take care of each side of the map. Always nice to see Ryoma dancing for his son and retainer. Last turn was great! Nice work!

@kirauza343 - Nice clear with your Flier Emblem! S!Camila with that Blarblade and buffs from L!Azura is incredible, as are Elincia’s quads. It got really cluttered at a point and I wondered how your team would deal with it, but they managed to pulled it off excellently. Really great clear!

@Nanima - Glad to see you back, I’ll make sure to watch the clears you’ve been doing!

I don’t know if you saw but I used Senkura for Abyssal Grima and Hrid and thought you may be interested in them when you have time! Didn’t want to tag you before since you were busy, but I’ll hyperlink them~ You don't have to comment on them, haha, just liked that Senkura got to shine so soon on some Abyssals.

So Birbs are back and stronger than ever! Tibarn handling most of the early enemies on his own was super cool. Also love all that damage being redundant with Leanne and Reyson’s healing. Naesala also puts in a lot of work. So fun watching them fly all over the map for this Abyssal rampage, even Reyson got his kill! Wonderful clear!

@Jave - Bunny Vewonica!! Nice to have a new unit taking on a map. She and Kinoka are a good pair with the Azuras’ support! Even with low health, Veronica still does big damage with her weapon

@Erureido – Lovely Taku solo! Not much can stop an L&D Brave Bow like him and he decimates everything. Nice music, too!

@ChickenBits – Cool, using Yune right away! Fight debuffs with debuffs. And Klein with his new refine also looks really fun to make use of those quads! Fun clear, nice!

@Thor Odinson – I’ll look forward to Abyssal Ryoma Emblem~ For now, The Squad does the work. I see that you also used Daggerbreaker (though I ended up changing strats for the final clear), he was a tough one to deal with. The map took your units all the way to the other side to pull off the victory, good job!

@LoneStar– Love that your units didn’t even need the full Skillsets. Seems like the map didn’t give you all that much trouble at all. I like seeing Brave Celica, she’s pretty much the least used of the 2nd set of Braves. Great work!

@Some Jerk – Grima still using those Growing Wind shenanigans to wipe out these waves of enemies. You went right up for the top prize of taking Yune out as fast as possible. Definitely easier with those debuffs out of the way. Manipulating the AI ended up being the key for both of us. Great teamwork with all of your units using that minimal space to your advantage~ Well done!

Nice to see so much Abyssal clears. I myself found myself greatly struggling on Infernal. Most of my go to units did't like this debuff based map. Roy especially was bullied by those blue units and that red sword jerk who denied him his Steady Breath. Seliph performed no better, Lewyn had trouble doubling and I had a thunder goddess that could't delete a sword unit.

The teens and adults did't do very well, but appearantly the kids (and Gordin) managed to have just the things I needed for this battle. So here is a bunch of kids (and Gordin) vs Yune

@Nanima I did notice you stopped posting for a bit. Glad to see you back. Nier music on your video's are always nice to listen to. Hope all those birds did not cost too much orbs back in January.

@Landmaster Oh wow. Pegasus carrots is some pretty prenium fodder, but it helped greatly against that green knight jerk. I did't expect Keaton's killing spree when he was all exposed to that tome flier.

@mampfoid and @Robert of Normandy Two very different one turn clears, but both looked pretty effortless. That probably took a lot of planning.

Edited by Sasori

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

You've spend 600 orbs trying to get Ryoma and didn't get him? Wow, that sucks! 

Yeah, 600 over the course of his many appearances. It's not too bad, I got Laevatein (who I love) and Hrid (DC) out of it on one occasion. I am just frustrated that I can't ever seem to get the one I guy I actually want from red.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I got one copy of him (+DEF) so far which was instantly promoted and I must say he can eat some hits. 

Congrats on your Reyson! Mine just got his first merge yesterday, so his defences are balanced out now (he used to be -Res). He is such a good unit, I am glad they demoted him.

58 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Sorry I'm so late with my clear, but I was determined beyond belief to do this without a Dancer. Took an insane amount of time, pretty much the entire day, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't force some mental anguish upon myself to do a clear, so here we go!~

Well done! It must feel great taking the Elises into Abyssal maps. Even S!Elise can keep up, despite the Atk bane. They really complimented the "heavy lifters" of the team well.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I don’t know if you saw but I used Senkura for Abyssal Grima and Hrid and thought you may be interested in them when you have time! Didn’t want to tag you before since you were busy, but I’ll hyperlink them~ You don't have to comment on them, haha, just liked that Senkura got to shine so soon on some Abyssals.

I did see. It's so great to see her work on the highest of difficulties. I actually pampered my own Senkura a while back to give her a bit of an extra punch. You can see what I mean if you watch some of the latest Princess clears (or just wait for the next one). Anyway, it's great to see Senkura shine so much.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

So Birbs are back and stronger than ever! Tibarn handling most of the early enemies on his own was super cool. Also love all that damage being redundant with Leanne and Reyson’s healing. Naesala also puts in a lot of work. So fun watching them fly all over the map for this Abyssal rampage, even Reyson got his kill! Wonderful clear!

Yeah, when i saw this map, I was ecstatic at how unrestrained my birbs were. They just flew all over without a care in the world. 

31 minutes ago, Sasori said:

The teens and adults did't do very well, but appearantly the kids (and Gordin) managed to have just the things I needed for this battle. So here is a bunch of kids (and Gordin) vs Yune

Nice to see more of Raigh, now along with his schoolmates (and chaperon). Even without the CC he is a force to be reckoned with. Gordin had an easy time punching holes into the enemies with his Brave Bow, and Kana showed how resilient he is. Congrats!

34 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I did notice you stopped posting for a bit. Glad to see you back. Nier music on your video's are always nice to listen to. Hope all those birds did not cost too much orbs back in January.

Yeah, I was busy with a full-time internship. Glad to see more people enjoy this beautiful music. And no, Tibarn, Reyson and Leanne all came home within 200 orbs. It was a good deal. Sadly the bath banner was the one starting me on my long orb-poverty streak.  (which I am now back in thanks to the Mythic banner being evil)

@mampfoid Woah, did not expect Hector to fling Roy over those trees but congrats on the clear!

Maybe it's just me but recent maps have been getting a little harder given I've had to try out team compositions, which is not a bad thing but dang, sometimes I just want my orbs the easier way.

Spoiler

Late as always, it seems. I really wish IS would release these maps on a weekend so I manage to post on time...

Anyways, I had already realized this but I seriously need to change Eirika's nature to +Atk. Reaching 60+ Spd is overkill and seeing all those enemies survive with 1~4 Hp really makes it clear that she will really benefit from the +4 atk. The clear was almost a solo but the map is very unfriendly to cavs which forced me to let someone else take a hit.

- - - - - - - 

Now for some responses

Spoiler

@mampfoid That was pretty quick! I really underestimated B!Roy, I thought he wouldn't be able to proc Heavy Blade but he proved me wrong and managed to get the necessary charges to start your GF strat! It's really impressive to see your units deal so much damage despite the bloated stats. Congrats!

@kirauza343 Flier Emblem really destroys this map but it certainly had a close moment with Elincia surviving at 1 HP, great clear!

@Landmaster WOW! Now that was impressive! Using double Breath of Life to make HS!Elise a pseudo healer is really cool, not to mention her new dagger seems to be doing wonders to her already awesome offensive feats. It's really great to see your team stand their ground without the help of any kind of dancer, the closest part was when Nowi got separated of the group thanks to the blue cav's Lunge but she's really bulky so it wasn't that big of a deal in the end. Cool stuff! 

@Alexmender Nice work! I honestly should consider using a teammate with a link skill. I actually did have a +Atk Eirika, but I merged over it with +Def. She has so much bulk already with buffs, it’s the attack she needs most for more consistent damage output. I’m assuming your Kaden has Spd/Res Link. That boosts her speed up to 60. Is there a reason why you’re using Quick Riposte here?

Edited by Aera

On 3/29/2019 at 8:08 AM, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Yune in one turn:

Biggest trouble was to make Roy kill the guard sword fighter. Brave+, Swordbreaker, Heavy blade seal, Ostia's pulse, Def ploy and ATK tactic were needed. Hector does  the little beaming helper again

All the Guard enemies on this one were quite the pain indeed.  Seeing Hector fly over to Repo Roy over the forest looked really fun!

On 3/29/2019 at 10:26 AM, Ginko said:

Finally, I feel like this map is really challenging. I hate that pesky blue archer who try to burn my Shiro health bar !!

Siegbert take care of left side with Galeforce. Shiro control the center and buy time for everyone else. Kagerou and Ryoma clean the right side together.

More important than that is the music. I wait for so long and finally this map deserve a good soundtrack to make the battle more intense !

I really liked the music choice, what's it called? 

On 3/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, Nanima said:

And here comes another Birb clear

Music: 1. Emil - Sacrifice 2. Emil - Despair 3. Emil - Karma. All from Nier and Nier: Automata (I originally wanted to only have the first two, but the recording app I use decided to make the ability to choose from which point a song starts premium. Transitions are going to be even more jarring until I can find an app that isn't even worse.)

I may not have gotten Yune but at least I got to beat her up. orz

Finally a team that actually thematic for once. haha;; You may notice my Tibarn has Galeforce. I actually gave that to him for clearing F!Grima in Feburary and it's made him go from broken to insane. He's not invincible, but his ability to get rid of a large crowd in one turn is godsend for these maps. Naesala with Desperation also helps out a ton. Reyson got to take out the last enemy, so all is right in my book. Hope you enjoyed!

I don't have Tibarn, but even I can attest to how insane he is with Galeforce.  He's easily one of my most feared enemies in AR/Arena.  Seeing this clear only reaffirms that (His 3 move refreshers certainly helped too!)

On 3/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, ChickenBits said:

This was quite literally the easiest Abyssal map for me. For the first time ever I cleared Abyssal on my first attempt which is just hilarious since it usually takes anywhere from 40 minutes to several hours. I was so surprised I decided to record the run. Let me just say that HB Yune is fun to use and Klein is best boi. This was also my second Map using L!Azura and yes, she's absolutely ridiculous. This would have been infinitely more annoying without her.

I think Klein could support solo but I wanna see if Yune can as well. The biggest threats would be Yune, red mage cav and the green manakete. I might need to bring in a red dancer for chip damage but then that wouldn't be a solo. Hmm, maybe if I one shot stuff with glacies :/

Congrats on the first try clear -- it's always such a relief to clear one out early instead of going through the usual trial and error. x)  Klein and his new weapon really rocked this one. 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:28 PM, Thor Odinson said:

same team I always use for LHB abyssal level stuff, I'm not quite sure if i can beat LHB abyssals with a whole team of Ryomas quite yet, alas

maybe I should try sometime though

anyway smite ryoma op

Just wanted to say that I find it really admirable that you've managed to keep clearing the game's hardest content using the same team you've used since 2017.  Granted it's a really strong team with good synergy, but still. 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:48 PM, LoneStar said:

Luckily I pulled L!Azura she obviously made this map not too hard. I didn't want to get into the spiral (heh) of Ophelia cheesing but here we are. 

If there weren't a whole bunch of other things I want to prioritize now, Special Spiral Ophelia is something I'd really want to copy.  Hey man, you do what you got to do.  These maps want to pull cheese, it's up to us to cheese back.

On 3/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, Landmaster said:

Yep, not only did I use no Dancer, but also two twig defense Lolis and one that's -Atk~ You can imagine the fun.

No dancer and no conventional healer?  Very impressive!  While I wouldn't want anyone to go through mental anguish to clear one of these (I know I always go through an internal struggle with this), the important thing is you were successful.  =)

I'd like to reply to everyone, but I only have so much time to watch these. =(  Part of that time was working on my own clear, something quite a bit different than I normally do:  An Infernal run where Julius kills every enemy!  Not a true solo, or even a regular solo, but I did ensure that Julius landed the killing blow every time.  With the release of the first dark mythic hero, I thought this fitting. 

I hope you guys like watching the Loptous animation. x)

Edited by DLNarshen

59 minutes ago, Aera said:

@Alexmender Nice work! I honestly should consider using a teammate with a link skill. I actually did have a +Atk Eirika, but I merged over it with +Def. She has so much bulk already with buffs, it’s the attack she needs most for more consistent damage output. I’m assuming your Kaden has Spd/Res Link. That boosts her speed up to 60. Is there a reason why you’re using Quick Riposte here?

Thanks! I'd say to give it a shot. While I prefer Tactics due to the positioning options they offer, Link skills allows you to make more diverse teams but at times it becomes a little hard to get the buffing teammate out of danger as they tend to waste their turn buffing Eirika.

Actually Kaden has Atk/Res Link from V!Titania due to my lack of Atk Tactic fodder, but I covered Spd with Ylgr's Spd Tactic so Eirika reaches a max of 65 Spd under ideal conditions (45 at base thanks to dragonflowers and +20 if she has Kaden adjacent to her and both recieve the Spd Tactic buff, the extra +2 comes from their S-rank Ally support) but as I mentioned in the previous post it is overkill as basically nothing will ever reach that Spd tier so it's better to focus on damage.

Quick Riposte is just to double the Swordbreaker cav at the beginning, something like Null Follow-up would certainly be better but I never managed to summon Adrift M!Corrin so I have to work with what's available to me.

Unique refined Ragnarok beat the abyssal map. It's that powerful. Also, Grey Waves. :p

Team of 5* Celica (+Res, -HP) with unique refined Ragnarok, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Desperation 3, and Savage Blow 3 inherited and a Brazen Atk/Def 3 seal; 5* Lene +3 (+Def, -HP) with a defense refined Safeguard+, Glimmer, Wings of Mercy 3, and Hone Atk 3 inherited, and a Drive Atk 2 seal; 5* legendary Azura (+Def, -HP), with Wings of Mercy 3 inherited, but only Wings of Mercy 2 learned and a Guidance 3 seal, and 5* Reyson (+Def, -Res) with Wings of Mercy 3 inherited and a Spur Atk 3 seal. Reyson also had Buckler because reasons... I decided to get Escutcheon and Wings of Mercy 3 from him, so... yeah, he has Escutcheon, but it's not learned yet since I wanted Wings of Mercy 3 learned instead.

It took a lot of trial and error, especially to somehow avoid the refresh units from taking damage too early in the map, but the main thing was to somehow kill the starting units on the left side and use Wings of Mercy and Gray Waves shenanigans to get to the upper left corner of the map. Also, avoiding the thief and other units who Celica couldn't kill with a special or without outside help. Somehow it worked out where Azura and Reyson had to tank the red Fafnir? and the blue flying mage at the end as they had nowhere to go all the up at the top of the map. Luckily, Reyson's Heron Wing was able to heal Azura and Reyson tanked one of the two last remaining units where the other was the lance dragon. The most annoying units were the starting blue archer and the thief who spawns at the bottom left corner forest tile. If anyone stood on that, he'd spawn a tile and that allowed him to reach further than he could which in my case, was where some of my trials had Azura or Lene in his range.

I think Dragon Fang could have worked, but the successful attempt used Draconic Aura. Same deal with Blazing Light or another AoE special. I tried it with Blazing Light in the beginning, but it didn't work out as I didn't have a feel of where I should have gone to make better progress unlike my later attempts. Glimmer which I didn't have her inherit yet might have worked too so that Celica could have fired off specials more frequently, but she also could have missed the mark for some kills.

In other words, brute force worked to clear this map.

22 hours ago, Sasori said:

Nice to see so much Abyssal clears. I myself found myself greatly struggling on Infernal. Most of my go to units did't like this debuff based map. Roy especially was bullied by those blue units and that red sword jerk who denied him his Steady Breath. Seliph performed no better, Lewyn had trouble doubling and I had a thunder goddess that could't delete a sword unit.

@Landmaster Oh wow. Pegasus carrots is some pretty prenium fodder, but it helped greatly against that green knight jerk. I did't expect Keaton's killing spree when he was all exposed to that tome flier.

Kindergarten (and Gordin) teams are always the best! Gordin pulling some BIGNIS one-shots, really cool taking on that right side by himself. I always love some Kana tanking and offensive Smolzura. 

Haha, yeah the lowest Res unit on the team is ironically the one who tends to get rid of them best.

21 hours ago, Nanima said:

Well done! It must feel great taking the Elises into Abyssal maps. Even S!Elise can keep up, despite the Atk bane. They really complimented the "heavy lifters" of the team well.

I did see. It's so great to see her work on the highest of difficulties. I actually pampered my own Senkura a while back to give her a bit of an extra punch. You can see what I mean if you watch some of the latest Princess clears (or just wait for the next one). Anyway, it's great to see Senkura shine so much.

Yeah, when i saw this map, I was ecstatic at how unrestrained my birbs were. They just flew all over without a care in the world. 

Caught up on some of your clears, CC Senkura! Nice seeing her get those premium Skills! That Rutger clear with it was awesome!

17 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Late as always, it seems. I really wish IS would release these maps on a weekend so I manage to post on time...

Anyways, I had already realized this but I seriously need to change Eirika's nature to +Atk. Reaching 60+ Spd is overkill and seeing all those enemies survive with 1~4 Hp really makes it clear that she will really benefit from the +4 atk. The clear was almost a solo but the map is very unfriendly to cavs which forced me to let someone else take a hit.

- - - - - - - 

Now for some responses

Reveal hidden contents

@mampfoid That was pretty quick! I really underestimated B!Roy, I thought he wouldn't be able to proc Heavy Blade but he proved me wrong and managed to get the necessary charges to start your GF strat! It's really impressive to see your units deal so much damage despite the bloated stats. Congrats!

@kirauza343 Flier Emblem really destroys this map but it certainly had a close moment with Elincia surviving at 1 HP, great clear!

@Landmaster WOW! Now that was impressive! Using double Breath of Life to make HS!Elise a pseudo healer is really cool, not to mention her new dagger seems to be doing wonders to her already awesome offensive feats. It's really great to see your team stand their ground without the help of any kind of dancer, the closest part was when Nowi got separated of the group thanks to the blue cav's Lunge but she's really bulky so it wasn't that big of a deal in the end. Cool stuff! 

Love that music! This one was really tough, lot of annoying blues here but Eirika came out on top. Yune's 0 damage was really amusing. I see how positioning is really important for these clears so she can get those extra buffs from Kaden. Really skillful on your part working around those forests. I agree, +Atk would be great for that extra damage, she's more than fast enough for these.

Nowi getting separated was the last moment of "JUST LIVE AND WE'RE GOOD!" haha, fortunately she had an Aether ready for the Fafnir~

16 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

No dancer and no conventional healer?  Very impressive!  While I wouldn't want anyone to go through mental anguish to clear one of these (I know I always go through an internal struggle with this), the important thing is you were successful.  =)

I'd like to reply to everyone, but I only have so much time to watch these. =(  Part of that time was working on my own clear, something quite a bit different than I normally do:  An Infernal run where Julius kills every enemy!  Not a true solo, or even a regular solo, but I did ensure that Julius landing the killing blow every time.  With the release of the first dark mythic hero, I thought this fitting. 

Glad you enjoyed! It was stressful but fun in the end XP

Oooh that's a great looking Julius there! CC Mystic Boost, really nice! The music is so fitting, too, LOL! Blood certainly rained! And that's an animation I can never get tired of~~

Took me a lot of tries to clear Infernal. My team was +7 Canas (with +6 Dragonflowers), +1 Legendary Lyn (+RES/-DEF but the bane is gone), Legend Azura (+HP/-RES) and New Year Azura.

I will have my clear uploaded soon. Once that's done, next goal; Abyssal.

I managed to beat Abyssal without any sort of guide this time with a team of Celica, Reinhardt, LAzura, and Baby Azura.

srnXogX.png

Edited by Rezzy

On 3/31/2019 at 1:15 AM, Landmaster said:

The music is super great! Made watching this even better. 

I have many more good soundtracks waiting to insert with my clears but only when the map is challenging enough to make me pick it lol

On 3/31/2019 at 8:20 AM, DLNarshen said:

I really liked the music choice, what's it called? 

It called "Tight Fight" from Kekkaishi anime. I'm glad you like it ^^

Edited by Ginko

On 30.3.2019 at 7:15 PM, Landmaster said:

Sorry for the late answer, I was looking forward to see your clear as you told us it took you so much effort and brain power. Bet you have been all TOASTY! 

On 30.3.2019 at 7:15 PM, Landmaster said:

So S!Elise became a Drive Bot. With her Tome and double Drive Atk, she's passing off +7 Atk and +1 Spd,

Didn't remember that was the effect of her tome (Drive ATK/SPD +1/+1). They could have given her some more power with the refine at least. 

Ducky Elise does the healing, so your team has double Elise support == invincible. Now I know why you wanted the new Carrot for her, it cancels Wary Fighter!! Wow. 

Didn't remember your Nowi was +SPD, do you have a special skill set for her around that boon usually? 

Turn 4 is funny: Keaton is surrounded by mages and no-one really wants to attack him (I wonder why ^^), the red mage even prefers to attack Nowi. That one-hit vantage kill against boss-Yune is just monstrous. Bet this part (plus the start) was hard to figure out, the healer actually helped to bring Keaton into Vantage range. 

Beautiful, congrats! 

On 30.3.2019 at 8:01 PM, Sasori said:

@mampfoid and @Robert of Normandy Two very different one turn clears, but both looked pretty effortless. That probably took a lot of planning.

It's certainly not as effortless as it looks, but after clearing quite a lot of those, my units have most of the necessary skills collected and she pattern is almost always very similar to follow. 

On 30.3.2019 at 8:01 PM, Sasori said:

Nice kids theme, Gordin at least looks very young. Great how you often surprise with rarely seen units. 

Kana does a lot of tanking, other than that optimal positioning and Gordin's fat Ignis help to get rid of a big chunk of the opponents. Congrats! 

On 30.3.2019 at 8:37 PM, Nanima said:

Yeah, 600 over the course of his many appearances. It's not too bad, I got Laevatein (who I love) and Hrid (DC) out of it on one occasion. I am just frustrated that I can't ever seem to get the one I guy I actually want from red.

Ouch ... 600. I know what you mean. While I got a lot of free 5* summons this year, it's really hard to get what you want and not being frustrated about it later. 

On 30.3.2019 at 8:37 PM, Nanima said:

Congrats on your Reyson! Mine just got his first merge yesterday, so his defences are balanced out now (he used to be -Res). He is such a good unit, I am glad they demoted him.

Will you merge him up to +10? I saw you merged also your Naesala (grail competition to Takumi?). 

On 30.3.2019 at 10:39 PM, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid Woah, did not expect Hector to fling Roy over those trees but congrats on the clear!

Thanks! Hector does the best cav-over-trees-roll. 

On 30.3.2019 at 10:39 PM, Flying Shogi said:

Maybe it's just me but recent maps have been getting a little harder given I've had to try out team compositions, which is not a bad thing but dang, sometimes I just want my orbs the easier way.

In case of emergency: Nuke them away! Congrats finding the right solution for this one and showing Yune who the best green mage is

On 31.3.2019 at 1:17 AM, Alexmender said:

Funnily I usually have more time during week days. 

Thanks! Yeah, my unmerged units have no business in Abyssal maps most of the time. Like you for Erika, I would like to switch to +ATK for my Roy ... but he wasn't featured on a banner for ages. 

I wish we could freely switch boons once at +10. 

The clear was almost a solo but the map is very unfriendly to cavs which forced me to let someone else take a hit.

Glad to see your Eirika still in the Abyssal business. ATK/RES Link seems really useful here. The bulky blue Archer looked nasty to deal with ... Yune needed Glacies to only scratch Eirika. 

Congrats! 

On 31.3.2019 at 3:20 AM, DLNarshen said:

Haha, yeah I do! 

Congrats pulling this off, your Julius really looks awesome!

He is surprisingly tanky. Seeing him take out all those blue units was great, while Yune was no real threat. 

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry for the late answer, I was looking forward to see your clear as you told us it took you so much effort and brain power. Bet you have been all TOASTY! 

Didn't remember that was the effect of her tome (Drive ATK/SPD +1/+1). They could have given her some more power with the refine at least. 

Ducky Elise does the healing, so your team has double Elise support == invincible. Now I know why you wanted the new Carrot for her, it cancels Wary Fighter!! Wow. 

Didn't remember your Nowi was +SPD, do you have a special skill set for her around that boon usually? 

Turn 4 is funny: Keaton is surrounded by mages and no-one really wants to attack him (I wonder why ^^), the red mage even prefers to attack Nowi. That one-hit vantage kill against boss-Yune is just monstrous. Bet this part (plus the start) was hard to figure out, the healer actually helped to bring Keaton into Vantage range. 

Beautiful, congrats! 

SO TOASTY after being freed from this map~

Yeah, I really wish it was Atk and Spd +2, Seasonal Weapon Updates plz, IS

Yes, Carrot is perfect for destroying Surtrs in AR and these 99 HP Wary Fighter armors in Abyssals, but only works against Green. But it's defs her main weapon now~

I've liked the Spd on Nowi just in cases to prevent doubles, because she's not super fast and already always uses QR for EP, but occassionally (like in this case against that Green Manakete) the Spd can save her. There are times I wish she was +Atk, though.

I found it funny the Cleric attacked first because she essentially causes the deaths of everyone else LOL, if the Blue Flier attacked, she could have finished him off with her Dazzling Staff 560993218049605632.png?v=1

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Will you merge him up to +10? I saw you merged also your Naesala (grail competition to Takumi?). 

I will certainly try. Although green usually just throws Bartres and Titanias at me. And well, those are just the free GHB merges we got on the first run. Naesala will have to wait for me to finish Skadikumi (just one more copy!) before I can shift my attention to him. 

23 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Kindergarten (and Gordin) teams are always the best! Gordin pulling some BIGNIS one-shots, really cool taking on that right side by himself. I always love some Kana tanking and offensive Smolzura. 

That team name reminds me that I should have probably used the Kliff hat on one of the team seeing how it looks like one of those japanese school hats. Smolzura originally did't cross my mind, but I needed that blue archer gone and someone to help Gordin keep brave bowing. I think I remembered seeing her be a offensive threat in one of your (or someone else's) video's.

On 30-3-2019 at 8:37 PM, Nanima said:

Nice to see more of Raigh, now along with his schoolmates (and chaperon). Even without the CC he is a force to be reckoned with. Gordin had an easy time punching holes into the enemies with his Brave Bow, and Kana showed how resilient he is. Congrats!

It was originally supposed to be Sanaki, but she did't really like that Green Manakete. So Raigh got her spot in class. I might be able to build a better brave bow user, but Gordin still does his job good enough.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice kids theme, Gordin at least looks very young. Great how you often surprise with rarely seen units. 

Kana does a lot of tanking, other than that optimal positioning and Gordin's fat Ignis help to get rid of a big chunk of the opponents. Congrats! 

Thanks. I like to use the more unconventional units when I can get away with it . Although in this case this was my only team that could do it.

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I found it funny the Cleric attacked first because she essentially causes the deaths of everyone else LOL, if the Blue Flier attacked, she could have finished him off with her Dazzling Staff 560993218049605632.png?v=1

The AI is unsmart. It prioritizes two things when attacking: whoever it can do the most damage to, and whether or not they can retaliate. Unless someone is in kill range and the unit has something better to do (like heal), the AI will always make the non-counterable units attack first and never takes future issues like Vantage into account. This sort of thing is why I don't run Dazzling Staff on my NY!Laevatein in Aether Raids (aside from being an excuse to combo Kumade+ with Chill Def).

This happened in my clear too when that Troubador decided to ignore the baiting SY!Tiki, run through my units (why does he have Pass) and hit F!Grima just because she had less Res than SY!Tiki (by a difference of 2). If he had been smart and attacked SY!Tiki instead for the Gravity debuff, Yune would've killed her with her weapon effect, but instead the Chaos Goddess got blasted into the stratosphere. The Gravity bomb didn't even do anything to impede me because Titania only needed to move one space. In fact it helped me because attacking F!Grima allowed Ninian to WoM through the forest and escape the lynch mob.

Taking on Abyssal is honestly easier than people think. The stat-inflated units aren't so intimidating when you remember that the intelligence driving them is a moron; half of the challenge lies in figuring out how to break the AI and give yourself an opening.

Edited by Some Jerk