Mythic Hero Battle: Yune - Chaos Goddess

mampfoid

Late post is late but... Here's my Infernal run of Yune's Mythic Battle. Also pardon if I used a rather Alien/Xenomorph-esque layout for this; it was randomly picked.

@mampfoid@Landmaster@mcsilas@Azuris@Nanima@Rezzy@ruruo@NegativeExponents-@Ice Dragon@eclipse

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Late post is late but... Here's my Infernal run of Yune's Mythic Battle. Also pardon if I used a rather Alien/Xenomorph-esque layout for this; it was randomly picked.

@mampfoid@Landmaster@mcsilas@Azuris@Nanima@Rezzy@ruruo@NegativeExponents-@Ice Dragon@eclipse

Yune

Nice use of Canas!  I had to use my new go-to team of Reinhardt, Celica, and double Azura to beat that one.

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Late post is late but... Here's my Infernal run of Yune's Mythic Battle.

Swift Sparrow + Darting Blow Canas brings a huge smile to my face. That's certainly one way to fix his stat spread.

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

Also pardon if I used a rather Alien/Xenomorph-esque layout for this; it was randomly picked.

It's Zerg. That's the StarCraft 1 Zerg mission briefing background in the back.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Swift Sparrow + Darting Blow Canas brings a huge smile to my face. That's certainly one way to fix his stat spread.

It's Zerg. That's the StarCraft 1 Zerg mission briefing background in the back.

Cecilia runs an almost similar set to Canas; except with double Darting Blow instead; and she's +SPD to top it off.

Whoops, had a brief brain fart there. I thought adding in the briefing background would make a fine Easter Egg to go with the layout.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, Frosty said:

Awesome work with Canas and Lyn! Azuras and Lyn bringing all the fancy Tactics so Canas can run house, even taking down the blues! Great work!!

• 2 months later...

Decided to try out Celica. She does not disappoint. Might even pull for a merge or two in the future. Needed that Threaten Resistance to secure the KO on the blue mage flier and PA!Azura needed some extra HP to survive the axe cavalier so I gave her HP + 5. 

Spoiler

@mampfoid Roy needed a lot of support to make that first kill work, but as usual with these types of clears you made it look easy. That's a good look for Roy too, I don't think I have that a, I accessory. I wonder if there's a way to get ones you missed previously. Also you have so many +10s now!

@Ginko The music really suited this one. Shiro holds the front bolstered by Ryoma while Siegbert kites safely from the left side and Kagero utterly smashes anything that pops up on the right with her massive attack. It was complete tactical superiority. Still, Yune's presence carried something of a looming dread. At least until Siegbert utterly obliterated her.

@Nanima Poetry in motion. I wish I had more to say about this clear but it's just so seamless. The synergy between the birds is so perfect. Tibarn's ATK is so crazy that he just rips through anything he touches and Galeforce + 3 MOV just makes for an unstoppable force. That supported by Naesala and 2 3 Mov Dancers who even give them 7-14 HP for sustained healing is just too much. The team even has perfect color balance. Good music choice as well. Seems you can't go wrong with Nier.

@Landmaster Pretty sure that's the death theme from FE6. Really set the tone for this clear. Keaton really pulled through for you here though. Putting him in front of Yune and all those units really made me cringe but double Vantage absolutely wrecked. Your team supported eachother throughout the fight but that was definitely the highlight for me.

@Alexmender This is another one of those clears where there isn't much to say that isn't obvious. So instead I'm going to point out my jealousy. I would not have been able to do something like this with any of my units. Not even Matt. The nature of Eirika's weapon and team comp was enough to breeze through this even on Abyssal. Her WTA over Yune also allowed her to completely melt her and even tank her Glacies, something I couldn't do with Matt no matter how much I tried. She's a titan here. Seriously.

@mcsilas Broken Ophelia is broken. She couldn't deal with Yune though. The troubadour messed it up by healing her. I was lowkey expecting Ophelia to still deal with her despite WTD. Flora oneshotting her was satisfying too though. Despite L!Hector seemingly looking like he was going to be window dressing for the clear, he really pulled through against the blue ranged units.

@NegativeExponents- Why I didn't think to give my Nailah Noontime is beyond me. This build works wonders. As for the clear... well... they wrecked everything. When beast units first came out I questioned the effectiveness of a Beast Emblem team but you and a few others are showing me it works wonders. Naesala and Keaton tanking WTD somewhat easily was pretty boss as well. 

@ruruo @Rafiel's Aria @Astellius @Azuris @Johann @Fei Mao @Hawk King @Rezzy @SatsumaFSoysoy @Hilda @kirauza343 @eclipse @Cute Chao @Usana @daisy jane

For a little fun fact, I'd actually cleared this map when it originally came out. But I was done recording at that point and the problem here was: I'd completely forgotten how I did it. Was more cinematic and seamless than here, but I simply couldn't remember how to do it. As for this one, Matt couldn't just tank everything in the traditional sense because there was no way for him to take a center spot and survive Yune without her debuff completely destroying him. Additionally the irritating placement of the green manakete reinforcement forced my team to split up and so I couldn't just get rid of the big threat and have everyone pile up behind Matt as per usual. 

Getting rid of Yune first was vital, after that I had to split up Ayra and Matthew to the north and Inigo and Genny to the south which was pretty weird. Everyone took a bit of a pounding here but we worked it out. Being infernal and not Abyssal kinda makes me feel low tier after seeing everyone's Abyssal clears, but it's something we may revisit later on, who knows. It's the same for a Morgan/Special clear. I just didn't have the time or energy. For now though, last Legacy clear.

Interruptions included, it took 2 hours and 30 minutes just to watch clears and write these posts. I kind of understand why I stopped doing this. At the same time it felt nostalgic doing it again after half a year. I'm definitely not going back to doing this on the regular. But it could be nice every now and again. Look forward to a clear once Matt gets his new weapon. I'll bring Morgan and Co. back at some point as well, even if I'm pretty much still done with this game.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Roy needed a lot of support to make that first kill work, but as usual with these types of clears you made it look easy. That's a good look for Roy too, I don't think I have that a, I accessory. I wonder if there's a way to get ones you missed previously. Also you have so many +10s now!

@Ginko The music really suited this one. Shiro holds the front bolstered by Ryoma while Siegbert kites safely from the left side and Kagero utterly smashes anything that pops up on the right with her massive attack. It was complete tactical superiority. Still, Yune's presence carried something of a looming dread. At least until Siegbert utterly obliterated her.

@Nanima Poetry in motion. I wish I had more to say about this clear but it's just so seamless. The synergy between the birds is so perfect. Tibarn's ATK is so crazy that he just rips through anything he touches and Galeforce + 3 MOV just makes for an unstoppable force. That supported by Naesala and 2 3 Mov Dancers who even give them 7-14 HP for sustained healing is just too much. The team even has perfect color balance. Good music choice as well. Seems you can't go wrong with Nier.

@Landmaster Pretty sure that's the death theme from FE6. Really set the tone for this clear. Keaton really pulled through for you here though. Putting him in front of Yune and all those units really made me cringe but double Vantage absolutely wrecked. Your team supported eachother throughout the fight but that was definitely the highlight for me.

@Alexmender This is another one of those clears where there isn't much to say that isn't obvious. So instead I'm going to point out my jealousy. I would not have been able to do something like this with any of my units. Not even Matt. The nature of Eirika's weapon and team comp was enough to breeze through this even on Abyssal. Her WTA over Yune also allowed her to completely melt her and even tank her Glacies, something I couldn't do with Matt no matter how much I tried. She's a titan here. Seriously.

@mcsilas Broken Ophelia is broken. She couldn't deal with Yune though. The troubadour messed it up by healing her. I was lowkey expecting Ophelia to still deal with her despite WTD. Flora oneshotting her was satisfying too though. Despite L!Hector seemingly looking like he was going to be window dressing for the clear, he really pulled through against the blue ranged units.

@NegativeExponents- Why I didn't think to give my Nailah Noontime is beyond me. This build works wonders. As for the clear... well... they wrecked everything. When beast units first came out I questioned the effectiveness of a Beast Emblem team but you and a few others are showing me it works wonders. Naesala and Keaton tanking WTD somewhat easily was pretty boss as well. 

@ruruo @Rafiel's Aria @Astellius @Azuris @Johann @Fei Mao @Hawk King @Rezzy @SatsumaFSoysoy @Hilda @kirauza343 @eclipse @Cute Chao @Usana @daisy jane

For a little fun fact, I'd actually cleared this map when it originally came out. But I was done recording at that point and the problem here was: I'd completely forgotten how I did it. Was more cinematic and seamless than here, but I simply couldn't remember how to do it. As for this one, Matt couldn't just tank everything in the traditional sense because there was no way for him to take a center spot and survive Yune without her debuff completely destroying him. Additionally the irritating placement of the green manakete reinforcement forced my team to split up and so I couldn't just get rid of the big threat and have everyone pile up behind Matt as per usual. 

Getting rid of Yune first was vital, after that I had to split up Ayra and Matthew to the north and Inigo and Genny to the south which was pretty weird. Everyone took a bit of a pounding here but we worked it out. Being infernal and not Abyssal kinda makes me feel low tier after seeing everyone's Abyssal clears, but it's something we may revisit later on, who knows. It's the same for a Morgan/Special clear. I just didn't have the time or energy. For now though, last Legacy clear.

Interruptions included, it took 2 hours and 30 minutes just to watch clears and write these posts. I kind of understand why I stopped doing this. At the same time it felt nostalgic doing it again after half a year. I'm definitely not going back to doing this on the regular. But it could be nice every now and again. Look forward to a clear once Matt gets his new weapon. I'll bring Morgan and Co. back at some point as well, even if I'm pretty much still done with this game.

Nice to see you do this again.  Maybe Matthew's refine will help a bit if you want to do these more in the future.

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

Roy needed a lot of support to make that first kill work, but as usual with these types of clears you made it look easy. That's a good look for Roy too, I don't think I have that a, I accessory. I wonder if there's a way to get ones you missed previously. Also you have so many +10s now!

Haha, I need to rewatch my own clear, this was months ago. ;- )

You can get older accessories in the Tap battle reruns and from certain mission awards. 

I don't have that many +10 units, only five of them (BH!Roy, Cordelia, Cherche, Caeda and masked Marth). I'm too undecided what to do with my feathers (nearly 700k now). 

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

Being infernal and not Abyssal kinda makes me feel low tier after seeing everyone's Abyssal clears, but it's something we may revisit later on, who knows. It's the same for a Morgan/Special clear. I just didn't have the time or energy. For now though, last Legacy clear.

Glad to get another one to watch, no matter which difficulty. I've never done an Abyssal reinforcements map with a themed team myself and one-turn clears aren't the same hell, so I feel you. 

My favorite moment was already the start, where you made Matthew tank/kill Yune plus her nearest minions. The next turns were pretty clutched up, but Matthew and Ayra didn't panic (apart from the status effect) and ripped everything nicely apart. Near the end Genny started her to raise her own kill count, to make this a well rounded clear, Congrats! 

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

While I always appreciate your comments, I don't think it's necessary to write comments to all clears in a topic before posting an own clear. Especially if those are many months old. 

Don't do anything what keeps you away from here. ;- ) 

@Zeo Great choice in taking out Yune swiftly.  Matthew pretty much was comfortable holding out in the north while the rest of the team split up. Everyone did their part and Ayra just fought on in the middle while Genny supported in both healing and combat.

Nothing wrong with Infernal clears especially for time reasons, those are the maps I do since it's a balance of using more interesting units and not tearing your hair apart for hours that it affects real life stuff.

On 7/7/2019 at 5:37 AM, Zeo said:

Poetry in motion. I wish I had more to say about this clear but it's just so seamless. The synergy between the birds is so perfect. Tibarn's ATK is so crazy that he just rips through anything he touches and Galeforce + 3 MOV just makes for an unstoppable force. That supported by Naesala and 2 3 Mov Dancers who even give them 7-14 HP for sustained healing is just too much. The team even has perfect color balance. Good music choice as well. Seems you can't go wrong with Nier.

Thanks! The fact that there weren't really any obstacles on the map helped too. They just had free reign and I was able to show off Tibarn at full destructiveness. I thank Intsys every day they made the birds as powerful as they are. It's so good to use faves to clear these!

On 7/7/2019 at 5:37 AM, Zeo said:

As for this one,

You say Matthew couldn't tank everything, but he still came close to it with the sheer number of blows he took, especially Yune. He did leave some action for the rest though. It was nce to see Genny be active and aggressive all around, as well as be reminded of why Ayra was so feared in the day. Inigo supported them all incredibly well (as well as dished out a bit himself). He is a very useful dancer to have around. Overall I'd say you took on this map and beat it with as much grace as one can achieve. 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:37 PM, Zeo said:

It is indeed the death theme, which fully expressed the pain it took back then to get this clear done with those units, LOL! Took me the whole day if I recall correctly, but Keaton really did carry us through some of those tougher foes at the end.

Very nice getting rid of Yune upfront. The separation of the team by that Manakete made it a bit more of a Matt solo show at the top until Ayra mowed down enough foes to reach him. Genny took care of the lower half with some clutch pain chipping~ I was surprised the Thief chose to attack Inigo over Genny but it only resulted in a painful end for him. In the end, Matthew makes his way down and serves as a body block for Genny an Inigo like the true leader he is, beautiful conclusion to the hard fought battle. I do surely hope we can see some clears here and there with Matt's new refine!

• 2 months later...

Frankly, I never could understand Yune's map, always drove me mad.

So, Nagi with Bonus Doubler breaks the start of it. Thanks to L!Eliwood, things took a turn. Unfortuneately Yune is a terrible unit and can just double every fucking thing in the game and ruin everyone's stats in just the wrong ways for me to have a fucking chance. I eventually managed it somehow with L!Eliwood, Astram, L'Arachel and the map's true god Nagi.

I am never bothering with Yune as an enemy again.

• 1 month later...

@mcsilas @Landmaster @DLNarshen @Alexmender @daisy jane @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @Dayni @Ginko @eclipse @Cute Chao @Usana @NegativeExponents- @BoaFerox @Diovani Bressan @Xenomata

Finally got around to posting this! It's been forever and I've had this done for a while, just hadn't gotten around to it. This is another segment from the day of mega-recording I did when I did around 12-16 clears. We're finally touching on Yune again.

We revisit Yune's map first with Serra. For this one I tried her Absorb+ strat but she couldn't survive the map's opening without CC so I reverted to the double brazen pain strat and even that hit a roadblock. After a bit of deliberation I came to the realization that I was doing it utterly wrong so I switched gears completely to Fae, threw her into the thick of things and waited to see the result. The result? A Fae centric clear where our dragon is a true wall protecting our haughty cleric while the cleric herself supports from the rear and keeps things in order so that chicken dragon can play. Fae needed the Distant Def seal to get things done, but after switching to her things became pretty simple. Eliwood got some nice kills in though as well.

Now we tackle what I didn't tackle before. Abyssal. Tried to do it with my OG team but I didn't see the point in wasting valuable time as I only had a day and had many more clears to do still so we went straight to Ultimate Matthew. He could handle just about any enemy thrown at him but Yune and that nearly charged Glacies paired with the guaranteed double was a problem. After countless builds and a lot of head scratching I came to a realization: I inherited Guard 3 on him a long time ago. Something I'd forgot I even did, don't think I've ever used it in a clear before. It was invaluable in shutting down Yune. After that it was simply a dance around the field, evading and slaying just enough enemies each turn not to get overwhelmed.

However, Matt can't be everywhere at once, Eliwood stepped up to the plate this clear as the #2, slaying a rather surprising amount of enemies with his wife Ninian's support while Matt darted around the map with L!Azura. Ninian herself wasn't exempt from combat either as the Cleaner thief had more than enough SPD to double and ORKO her, rather, if not for her beloved's support. Matt's not a true nuke so the durability and utility of his teammates was put to the test here, I'd say they passed with flying colors. 

Didn't have time to do a Morgan clear. He'd hit a snag I didn't have time to figure out. Will I ever revisit the map with him? Maybe, maybe not. Either way if feels good to finally get this done.

Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Really cool clears! Makes me want Legendary Eliwood, he looks like an amazing support, especially in combination with Legendary Azura. Why couldn't he have been in the Black Friday pack instead of his son? Oh well. Hopefully you can find a way to make Morgan once Yune returns!

@Zeo Yune doing 0 damage to Fae was crazy. Add in Aether and she just wrecks things and heals back up.

As for the Abyssal clear, your team was put to the test. Those high HP stats meant Matthew couldn't exactly one shot Yune, but it's nice to see Guard shut her down. Matthew must feel special being sung and danced to a lot, although the refreshers themselves had to take a hit though. Also, neat to see Eliwood be a little active and be more than just supporting as well.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:02 PM, Zeo said:

Now we tackle what I didn't tackle before. Abyssal. Tried to do it with my OG team but I didn't see the point in wasting valuable time as I only had a day and had many more clears to do still so we went straight to Ultimate Matthew. He could handle just about any enemy thrown at him but Yune and that nearly charged Glacies paired with the guaranteed double was a problem. After countless builds and a lot of head scratching I came to a realization: I inherited Guard 3 on him a long time ago. Something I'd forgot I even did, don't think I've ever used it in a clear before. It was invaluable in shutting down Yune. After that it was simply a dance around the field, evading and slaying just enough enemies each turn not to get overwhelmed.

However, Matt can't be everywhere at once, Eliwood stepped up to the plate this clear as the #2, slaying a rather surprising amount of enemies with his wife Ninian's support while Matt darted around the map with L!Azura. Ninian herself wasn't exempt from combat either as the Cleaner thief had more than enough SPD to double and ORKO her, rather, if not for her beloved's support. Matt's not a true nuke so the durability and utility of his teammates was put to the test here, I'd say they passed with flying colors.

Good work tackling this one!  I maintain that Yune's Abyssal map is one of the hardest they've released so far, and going with the "Ultimate [Character]" + three support units is probably the easiest way of clearing it.  Matt seemed well up to the task, but I was always very impressed with Eliwood's performance!  From my own experience I really appreciate that he's not just a support unit.  He's armed to the teeth with just a couple modifications to his base kit, as yours demonstrated with the special proc against the Axe armor, and again one-shotting the Thief.  I really liked the music choice too - I've heard it before, but can't quite remember where it's from.

After failing this map the first two times it came around with conventional tactics, I had to resort to a similar Ultra-character strat, going with a super cheesy Bonus Doubler, Raudrblade + L!Eliwood bonus doubler Julius set up.  Maybe I'll post it next time Yune's map rolls around...

Edited by DLNarshen

On 12/4/2019 at 4:02 PM, Zeo said:

Finally got around to posting this! It's been forever and I've had this done for a while, just hadn't gotten around to it. This is another segment from the day of mega-recording I did when I did around 12-16 clears. We're finally touching on Yune again.

We revisit Yune's map first with Serra. For this one I tried her Absorb+ strat but she couldn't survive the map's opening without CC so I reverted to the double brazen pain strat and even that hit a roadblock. After a bit of deliberation I came to the realization that I was doing it utterly wrong so I switched gears completely to Fae, threw her into the thick of things and waited to see the result. The result? A Fae centric clear where our dragon is a true wall protecting our haughty cleric while the cleric herself supports from the rear and keeps things in order so that chicken dragon can play. Fae needed the Distant Def seal to get things done, but after switching to her things became pretty simple. Eliwood got some nice kills in though as well.

Didn't have time to do a Morgan clear. He'd hit a snag I didn't have time to figure out. Will I ever revisit the map with him? Maybe, maybe not. Either way if feels good to finally get this done.

Cheers~

Another strong run from Serra and Fae. I was surprised you went to take on Yune right away but getting rid of those debuffs right away is a solid strategy. Eliwood got in his fair share of damage to keep Serra safe, too so she could keep spreading the chip damage. But this map was overall just a solid snack for Fae~

Matthew take a moment to get started but he starts running through the enemies as soon as Yune goes down. Nice of him to have a double does of dancers this time around. Eliwood impressed by being able to hold his own and not just cheer from the sidelines. I was wondering why Ninian had to take that big hit from the Theif. Was it just to get some chip damage on him? I am guessing since Eliwood does KO with perfect damage on the next turn. Luckily for them both, Matthew is on his way back to save them from those final foes~ Well done clear!

• 6 months later...
On 7/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, GuiltyLove said:

@XRay @Flying Shogi @Landmaster 

Pretty fitting that I used Altina and Brave Micaiah here. Camilla's Pegasus Flight is so useful at times! SoV Catria seems to just copy Altina's set most of the time. I want to be able to use her Bond skill more, but I always end up using her with DC in the LHBs or MHBs.

Pegasus Flight looks fun. I want to try it out my Caeda. Hopefully we get it as a seal some time down the line. 

7 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Pegasus Flight looks fun. I want to try it out my Caeda. Hopefully we get it as a seal some time down the line. 

It would be amazing as a seal. I just don't think I can replace Desperation on Clair or Caeda, so I can't put it as their B skill. I put it on Camilla because I don't usually have her initiate combat.