I made a sprite of myself as a character

PolishMan

As you could probably see by my profile pic, I'm a bit proud of this as my first FE sprite that I sorta made.

5ca2a7d1b3fc7_FESelfie1.png.905f2492a56cb02f0d84d15d016b8ca4.png

By "sorta made" I mean I pretty much spliced some sprites together with a good amount of editing. Here's the original.

5ca2aac17b0d6_FESelfieWIP.png.25081028782e809a447ed9b4892b6c63.png

I took colors from FE7 Zephiel and Haussen, I used Beyard as a format at first and his scarf, I used Dorcas and Matthew's hair, and I used Bartre's shirt and nose.

Although the sprite is pretty much just a Frankenstein's monster of sprites from FE7, I hope I can revisit it when I learn how to do real spritework and possibly fill out the format in the spriter's resource thread.

Edited by Zacharychi

27 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Very nice for a first portrait!

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Is pretty cool, also the 2nd guy is Haussen iirc.

Thank you, and thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

That's a very nice portrait!
I'm sure you'll do great with more practice! Keep up the good work :3

Thank you too. I'm going to start working on animating it today now that I'm done with everything I have to do today.

Wish me luck!

I cannot figure out what's wrong with it. I repainted the entire thing with very bright and contrasting colors and counted only 16. If the 17th color that FEBuilder says exists was a snake I'd be dying of venom poisoning right now.

5ca6b3b8747f3_FESelfie2.png.107a772bd726685932be59a22c0232a5.png

Whenever I put it into FEBuilder and make it reduce the amount of colors to 16 I just get this.

5ca6b3f8c953d_PortraitEditorFireEmblem(U)!.gba_2@02Eliwood_C965BC.png.59bef0c85473f14b2a0efd473c8181a1.png

The third hair shade is darker than the outline, doesn't look too great when the outline is supposed to be the darkest colour to make the sprite stand out. 

Also the background all needs to be one colour. You have two there. Might want to polish the mug's formatting in Usenti. Make sure the background colour is the last one in the palette order too. 

Edited by Zmr
Forgot some tips.