What Is my Cat's Breed!?

WeAreNewcastle1053

I'm dying to know. This is my favourite cat, and her breed or breeds remains a mystery. She's a tortoiseshell long-haired cat, and she's a good mouse hunter. She also likes me A LOT.

Spoiler

785.png

HOWEVER: This topic doesn't just have to be about what breed my cat could be, but you can also post your cats here and try to identify them. Forget leaving it to the professionals, at the very least we can try to identify cat breeds by appearance and personality... Let's see how long this thread lasts, huh.

Edited by WeAreNewcastle1053
Removing a large attachment.

I don't know much about cat breeds but according to Google Image/Search, it could be a Maine Coon.

She looks like one to me and that breed is sociable enough to be nicknamed "Gentle Giant".

Edited by Thunderstar

Maine Coons are fluffier than that usually, but she could be a mix. 

She's so pretty regardless! These are my boys Cheeto and Taz:

20190322-142927.jpg'

2640.jpg

They are domestic shorthairs, mixed breeds I guess? Cheeto is an orange mackerel tabby and Taz I guess is a siamese cross? Seal point, partially?

The vet said my 3 cats are just domestic shorthairs too. My first cat, Qiao Hu (yes, I stole his name for my profile :P:) looks like a Snow Shoe, though I do know he's mixed. His mama was just a plain grey cat. Some heartless person abandoned both of them at a meijer's store and a family friend managed to rescue the kitten. I ended up with him and he's been a wonderful little brother :^_^:. I got my other 2 cats last year. The black one, Chen, was a feral kitten that another friend found in a gas station's trashcan eating pizza scraps. Of course he's addicted to pizza now :lol:. And then I ended up with the tortie, Rin, after a good samaritan saw her wandering around in the cold and mistook it for a neighbor's cat. She advertised the cat and no one claimed her, so I got to keep her. She's been a good adoptive mom to Chen.

IMG_1234.jpg.07836046e9dae48da8b4424a9b9a0053.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, Thunderstar said:

I don't know much about cat breeds but according to Google Image/Search, it could be a Maine Coon.

She looks like one to me and that breed is sociable enough to be nicknamed "Gentle Giant".

On ‎3‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:03 PM, bad daniel said:

She looks like she’s at least part Maine Coon to me. I have one purebred Maine Coon and two that are mixed with Maine Coon, and they look pretty similar.

Yeah, but the problem is that Agi is very small for a Maine Coon. She is definitely a mixed breed, especially since she's a rescue cat.

@qiao hu I think I can see some Siamese in your cats. The first one's fur colour certainly seems like a Siamese or something...

7 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

@qiao hu I think I can see some Siamese in your cats. The first one's fur colour certainly seems like a Siamese or something...

Well, Snow Shoes are a cross between Siamese and bi-color American Short-hairs. There is also speculation (that " cat authorities" are quick to dismiss) about them being related to Birmans. I personally believe that it's not much of a stretch to claim that some - if not all - are, as the Birman breed was rebuilt by breeding them with Siamese cats. Some Snow Shoes have physical and personality characteristics that are common in Birman cats. Also, the (modern day) Birman's coloring is very similar to the Siamese, except for their white paws. The Birman cats usually have dark blue/sapphire eyes and long hair, which Siamese and Snow Shoes usually don't. But that seems to be what people who claim there is no relation between the 3 point to as "evidence". You can read more about them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe_cat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birman
http://www.acfacat.com/snowshoe_synopsis.htm

• 3 years later...

I think your cat’s breed is the Cutest of the Cutest. Just look at this little Cinnabon! However, I easily identified my cat by using basepaws.com as they have a lot of useful info on all the cat breeds. I was really surprised that my Bonnie was a Scottish Fold. This breed is known for its friendly but, at the same time, independent character. They love to be around a human but prefer not to be shackled. And it’s so much about Bonnie. Scottish Folds get along well with other animals, as we also have a Corgi, they don’t fight for leadership in the house, sleep peacefully with other animals, play and lick them. Truly a blessing she is, my Bonnie!

Edited by JosephShaw

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 9:27 AM, kaludon209 said:

Maine Coon got a bushier coat than that methinks...

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, qiao hu said:

The vet said my 3 cats are just domestic shorthairs too. My first cat, Qiao Hu (yes, I stole his name for my profile :P:) looks like a Snow Shoe, though I do know he's mixed. His mama was just a plain grey cat. Some heartless person abandoned both of them at a meijer's store and a family friend managed to rescue the kitten. I ended up with him and he's been a wonderful little brother :^_^:. I got my other 2 cats last year. The black one, Chen, was a feral kitten that another friend found in a gas station's trashcan eating pizza scraps. Of course he's addicted to pizza now :lol:. And then I ended up with the tortie, Rin, after a good samaritan saw her wandering around in the cold and mistook it for a neighbor's cat. She advertised the cat and no one claimed her, so I got to keep her. She's been a good adoptive mom to Chen.

The black cat, Chen, is a Bombay!

Edited by MadBoar