April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

35 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Well that's a given that the 3*-4* is more saturated but the fact is you still have 58% to get a 4* and 36% chance to get a 3* from an orb you pick when summoning as opposed to the 3% chance of getting a 5*

Don't you have a greater probability of a 1 in 500 from a 58% chance a pop as opposed to 1 in 100 from a 3% chance a pop for example? Meaning that even if they end up going to the pool, your odds of getting that specific unit from the 4* pool is greater than the 5* pool.

4*: 58/100 * 1/500 = 58/50,000 = 0.00116%

5*: 3/100 * 1/100 = 3/10,000 = 0.0003%

In essence, with these parameters you are more than 3 times more likely to get that one character you wanted from the 4* pool alone if they ended up demoted instead of staying 5*.

It's even better than that.

Prior to this change, there are/were 109 units available at 3-4*, and 112 units available at 5*. Ignoring 3* (because I'm too lazy to separate out the 3-4* and 4-5* pools):

58/100 * 1/109 = 0.53 % chance for a specific unit.

3/100 * 1/112 = 0.027 % chance for a specific unit.

If they'd dropped the 5* units to the 3-4* pool, there would be 155 units available at 4* and 53 at 5*.

58/100 * 1/155 = 0.37 % chance for a specific unit.

3/100 * 1/53 = 0.057 % chance for a specific unit.

The guy is drastically overstating the difference that increasing the size of the 3-4* pool makes. If it actually was harder to get a specific unit from the 3-4* pool, I'd agree that something should be done about it. But, seriously. *gestures upwards*

Edited by Seafarer

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the Feh channel. The Roy pair up and the new mode is cool but I'm very very disappointed with the way they handled the "demotion".

For people that actually want characters from gen 1 demoting them to 3-4 star would have been a far better solution. Now my only chance to get a Tana, Julia, Deirdre, Sigurd, BIke, Genny, Faye, Mia or Ayra is by waiting for specifics banners? I would take any of those units over any of the gameplay wise better Gen 2/3 units.

Edited by Hekselka

My review:

Pair Up Mechanic - Interesting addition but they way they're going about it by being exclusive to select legendary heroes and the the new mode makes it feel like a waste. Also don't like how it's clearly in part to push the value of certain legendary units. Feels more like a business ploy than a full game mechanic.

Allegiance Mode - Pseudo-arena with 5 units, pair up and some friend units. Not that interested thanks to it using arena calculation. Also just feathers and flowers with no orb rewards in sight. (nothing to replace the lost monthly orbs at all this update)

AR Resort - I actually really like this mode. Seems like a cute little side thing to mess with.. until you get to the 3 orb weekly tax to double AR stone gains. Just another aggressive way to leech orbs off people, and on top of the orb deduction we already had from lowered monthly orb counts. If you don't participate in this little system you risk being outpaced on fort upgrades in the long run, which will make AR even more of a mess. Everything else in the update is whatever, but basically paying for more weekly AR stones just feels scummy and obvious.

Demotes - I'm not upset about no 5* exclusive demotes, since that's exactly what I was expecting anyway. The removal of half the 5* pool seems like an odd way to go about the pool bloat issues but I guess we'll see how this works out. Slightly more chance to get the units you want on new unit and seasonal banners so whatever I guess. No chance of getting pity broken by the old units I've never gotten is actually a slight disappointment for me, but I'm not that moved either way on this one. Just I guess I'll never get the old units I'm missing unless I pull for them if they manage to get focus banners down the road. Really, it feels more like an effort to bump the urgency to pull on side banners with older units for people than to help lower the bloating of the pool. Now you may feel more tempted to pull on that banner with X old unit since that's basically your only way to get them at all now.

Pretty underwhelming update. Still looking forward to the refines most. I hope they're good. AR Resort still looks cool, but I'm really disgusted with the orb drain they added for the stones. That sucks. Guess needing to spend orbs on mythics in the first place to score well just wasn't enough.

Edited by Alkaid

Only just got around to reading up on the rest of the announcements since the great 5* cull is dominating discussion.

- Pair up is a worthless legendary effect. All other legendary effects improve my units' performance in content that matters, like GHBs or Arena. The Legendary Roy I randomly got, on the other hand, only benefits me in trivial content, since you can pair up in the new mode without needing to have the special legendary status. Just... why? Can you pair up multiple units if you field the appropriate legendaries? e.g. field three Roys and so each of the four units you field will have partners?

- Allegiance Battles - I don't quite understand this yet. What's the limitation on earning points? Do you just bash your head against it until you get a points total you're happy with like in AA?

- Aether Resorts - Uhh? One big reason why I never even unlocked Aether Raids is that the mode doesn't even give orbs. Not only have they not addressed this, they've gone and done the opposite by making the mode *cost* orbs. Why would I ever want to do this? Mode will remain locked.

- Summoning changes. Don't care. It was bad before, and it's still going to be pretty bad, maybe slightly more, maybe slightly less, but to an inconsequential degree in terms of my summoning enjoyment (or lack thereof).

30 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

It's even better than that.

Prior to this change, there are/were 109 units available at 3-4*, and 112 units available at 5*. Ignoring 3* (because I'm too lazy to separate out the 3-4* and 4-5* pools):

58/100 * 1/109 = 0.53 % chance for a specific unit.

3/100 * 1/112 = 0.027 % chance for a specific unit.

If they'd dropped the 5* units to the 3-4* pool, there would be 155 units available at 4* and 53 at 5*.

58/100 * 1/155 = 0.37 % chance for a specific unit.

3/100 * 1/53 = 0.057 % chance for a specific unit.

The guy is drastically overstating the difference that increasing the size of the 3-4* pool makes. If it actually was harder to get a specific unit from the 3-4* pool, I'd agree that something should be done about it. But, seriously. *gestures upwards*

Just looked up the availability of RED heroes to see get more precise rates...

3-4* REDs = 32

5* REDs N/S = 18

5* REDs that were cut from N/S: 20

Probability of summoning specific RED hero from 3-4* pool = 94/100 * 1/32 = 0.029 or 2.9%

Probability of summoning specific RED hero from 5* pool on non new/special banner = 3/100 * 1/38 = 0.00078947368 (0.00157894736 if character is focus) or 0.08% (0.16% focus)

Probability of summoning specific RED hero from 5* pool on New/Special = 3/100 * 1/18 = 0.00166666666 (0.00333333333) or 0.16% (0.33% focus).

Probability of summoning specific RED hero from the omitted list IF they were demoted 3-4* = 94/100 * 1/52 = 0.01807692307 or 1.8%

Just throwing the numbers for an idea of how the odds are impacted with these changes. The case is even stronger against those gen 1 pity-breakers when you consider the powercreep that has been happening and basically doubling the odds of getting more recent REDs such as Tibarn.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

This was quite the news update.

-Aether Resort
I really like it, kinda reminds me of Tomodachi Life but with Fire Emblem Characters.
(Don't really see the value in spending 3 orbs for double resources, but at least the main thing is free.)

-First Year 5* stars not being demoted, but rather less common in other banners.
Kinda have mixed feelings on this one, with the reasons why I play Fire Emblem Heroes, this... kinda just doesn't really do anything for me I guess;
This makes the newer characters I like easier to get, but it also makes the old ones I like harder to obtain.
Sure, the newer units are much stronger and the old ones are weak, but I just don't really care about the meta or pvp.
I just want to solve interesting battles with characters I like across the Fire Emblem games, as well as see them interact, level them up and make interesting team builds, etc.

-New pvp mode
Ah... I don't really think I can defend FE:H's style of grinding anymore.

Over all... a pretty mixed news update for me.

Edited by Puzzle044

Just about the only thing I liked was that Silas, Ares and L'Arachel are being dropped down into the 3/4 star pool which makes it more easy for me to get and merge them to +10. Though I wish IS came up with a better solution to the bloated 5 star pool problem since now Linde, Nephenee and Saber are now even further out of my reach since I never got them. But at the same time I can't completely hate it since if a character I want to pull for on a New Hero Banner shows up I won't have to worry about getting pitybroken but something awful.

Also, new mode gives out dragonflowers which I like since it slightly increases the rate we get those things plus more feathers never hurts since I am always low on feathers as well. It also gives another use out of using units from our friend's list even though I don't really understand how that all works yet in this mode since I was half asleep when they were talking about it.

No news on this month's weapon refines yet but hopefully we find that out soon enough. Overall, it's just another typical 'meh' Feh Channel. Thankfully there was no Dragalia Lost collab announced here.

Edited by NSSKG151

23 hours ago, Yexin said:

can't wait to see a total of 5 minutes filled with feh's squeals and bullshit comments about literally everything

No one's forcing you to watch the update.  Or play Heroes.  Or post on this forum.  Or be a Fire Emblem "fan".

Seriously, if this is your reaction to news about Fire Emblem, you'd be much better served finding something that is to your tastes.

17 hours ago, Thane said:

Know what could be cool? Quests for some skills. They don't even have to be the best ones; I'd be content with a small supply of Reposition fodder. Now that we've got manuals they can do that without giving us a free unit. 

I can get behind this!  But replace "Reposition" with "Draw Back", because who's this Sully chick?

3 hours ago, Jave said:

Yeah let's pretend we're better people than other fandoms because our Gacha is sliiiiightly more generous than other Gachas. We aren't any better in that aspect. We're encouraging more greed from companies by simply playing the game and voting on CYL. It's just how it is.

Dissidia wants to have a word with you.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well it sounds like my hopes of a Linde, Minerva, Child Tiki, Ayra, Sigurd, Tailtiu, Julia, Jaffar, and Innes now are gone. Barring some oldie banners, I'm a latecomer whose access to numerous characters has now vanished.

Day one player here, and I'm still missing a good chunk of 5* exclusives (Linde, Jaffar, Karel, Tana, Celica, and Katarina come to mind).

---

I understand why the older units were removed from newer banners.  First, it means that those who fish hard on new banners are less likely to be pity-broken by something silly.  Second, it gives an incentive for certain others to pull on banners featuring older units.  I'm fine with this, but I can see why others are not.  Mostly because I'm still extremely pissed that a second Soleil pity-broke me on a random banner.

Meh on the other things.  I'll deal with them when they come.

Lastly, thank goodness there's no collaboration.  Most of my favorites have yet to be released, so I'd rather see new characters, as opposed to another older one in a different costume (unless it's Leon, then all bets are off).

16 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

This pretty much

Since you don't seem to be aware, Green Olwen being on the list was just a goof in the video. If you read the notification's list, it correctly has blue Olwen there instead of green Olwen.

4 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I like Aether Resort, was hoping for more stuff like the Tap Battle hot springs scene, I want the heroes to get some downtime to relax and not just be war pawns all the time, they deserve some happiness. 

I'm okay with the Aether resort but not okay with it costing orbs to make use out of.

5 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I'm not paying the orbs myself.  If I fall behind in AR so be it, I'm already tier 21, I just have to survive and not demote now.

I can't even get to 21 in AR let alone arena so you're way ahead of me!

23 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Since you don't seem to be aware, Green Olwen being on the list was just a goof in the video. If you read the notification's list, it correctly has blue Olwen there instead of green Olwen.

I didn't had a chance to read the notifications yet, but all I saw in the video was a green Olwen with green Olwen's name. This is kind of like the miscommunications, like notification squad says 14 minutes and Twitter says 16 minutes for Feh channel. I mean how difficult could it be to give accurate information?

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

I mean how difficult could it be to give accurate information?

Intern kun fucks up sometimes. I would not fault Intelligent Systems for that. I mean, it is technically their fault, but it is not a big deal.

I didn’t expected anything good from the Feh Channel, yet I’m dissappointed.

This is the greediest way to fix the summoning pool. I’m aware that Gen 1 5* will continue showing up on side banners, but that’s not the problem. The problem is that MOST OF THEM DON’T DESERVE TO REMAIN AS 5*. Also, I don’t see how removing Hinoka, Nephenee, Hector, Brave Ike or Takumi, but keeping Sumia, Quan, Kana, Kaden or Mikoto improves the summoning pool. It seems that Not So Intelligent Systems really only want to piss their players. 

Pair Up is another piece of crap. At least, having another feathers expending machine and a new aether mode seem interesting. Using orbs in it however is another big middle finger to everyone who’s not a whale

14 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I didn't had a chance to read the notifications yet, but all I saw in the video was a green Olwen with green Olwen's name. This is kind of like the miscommunications, like notification squad says 14 minutes and Twitter says 16 minutes for Feh channel. I mean how difficult could it be to give accurate information?

I just thought since you went to the trouble of writing feedback that clarifications are necessary. I'm woeful of the folks at IS that have to read feedback from people who wrote about how angry they are they're "removing units from the game" in the wake of tonight's news just because they don't understand the changes they're complaining about.

Sent a complain with almost the same post I wrote 20 minutes ago, but with some clarifications, since I think Not So Intelligent Systems may not understand it. Used the correct terms like New Heroes Focus and that stuff. 

They will not give a shit about it, because Not So Intelligent Systems only seem to care about Japanese fanbase (not even western whales), but at least I’ve given my grain of sand.

3 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Pair Up is another piece of crap. At least, having another feathers expending machine and a new aether mode seem interesting. Using orbs in it however is another big middle finger to everyone who’s not a whale

Pair Up allows you to play with fun Galeforce shenanigans though in some Story Maps.

Feh's finally gotten her stuff together.

Spoiler

Looks nice where it's at. Three things, which she blows again.

Pair-up is here! WE CAN PAIR XANDER AND VERONICA. AAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Only legendary heroes sadly (When Xander?), Which you can switch in the  map freely (That's neat). It boosts stats by +2 to Atk/Spd ans +1 to Def/Res it seems, while it's not an option for Hero Battles (That's just cruel) and our new mode seems to be Allegiance Battles. It has seasons, can pair anyone up (neat) with a friend, there's a bunch of bonuses related to it and it gives Dragonflowers and feathers. For now. 

Interacting in the Aether keep's finally a thing (Aether Resort, but still). Finally a town mode, which has buildings that might have mining (Maybe). It has a new currency use for buildings and heroes (to use up to 6 at once sadly). It also has Bolt Traps (Did Lissa do this?). The game wants you to spend orbs for it.... Yeah, how about no? 

Update time. AR allows for creating teams for each offensive blessing. The special promo also has more feathers and orbs, which seems neat. There's also the (tomorrow) summoning pool change (which seems to only include the heroes who're already 4-5. :( ), The pools are also having.. culling?... in new pool (not revivals). That's just strange, it's an acknowledgement of the size of the 5* pool and how bloated it could be with , so I kind of get it, but just removing these heroes is a bit of a dick move and I'll say that this might be a move that receives backlash even with the good intentions.

With acknowledging the Golden Week, Feh goes back to sleep.

TLDR: Pair-up has limits I'd wish it overcame, we finally get a town mode and the summoning pool change seems locked to April. Though I have to say, I don't know how to feel about it.

Now that I have expressed about the summoning pool, I’ve remembered something

In the new aether mode, there was a building called Armory if I’m not remembering wrong. Could it be a way to inherit weapons/skills?

57 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Now that I have expressed about the summoning pool, I’ve remembered something

In the new aether mode, there was a building called Armory if I’m not remembering wrong. Could it be a way to inherit weapons/skills?

According to the video, it will simply let heroes try out different weapons to see how they look. You can't learn new skills with it.