April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

The FEH Channel video added a correction on the Olwen issue to the description.

unknown.png?width=400&height=175

Can someone tell me if this is actually correcting the matter? It just sounds like it's doubling down on the error.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

unknown.png?width=400&height=175

Can someone tell me if this is actually correcting the matter? It just sounds like it's doubling down on the error.

Intern kun made a mistake again probably. Free Orbs for sure now!

8 hours ago, Nanima said:

How is making life more difficult for F2P anymore preferable though? Unlike what you seem to be assuming, I don't spend orbs on each and every new banner that comes out, but my luck is usually horrible enough that one good banner leaves me broke for months on end. I do not like having to prioritize even more than before and taking a dive in the shitty pool with all the Jaffar sharks just to get one more copy of Takumi, because I guarantee you, I'll have zero orbs left for that. Having to strateigize a bit is expected, but it's getting to be freaking ridiculous and almost impossible to get your orbs worth even if you focus exclusively on faves.

I don't prefer it, I mentioned in another post, I would have largely preferred demotions and I also don't like this sniping of Orbs that they are doing lately. But this, for me, doesn't change much. Personally, when I'm that unlucky (for example, I have pulled on every Myrrh Banner after her debut and still have yet to get her), I usually stop when I get to a certain rate/only dedicate a certain number of Orbs to try for such a character(50-70 Orbs maybe). I try not to get to a point when I will be on 0 Orbs for something else I know I may want, like a Seasonal Banner. But again, I know this varies per situation and luck in general.

Holy crab...

So, not counting seasonals, legendaries/mythics or GHB/TT heroes, we're never gonna see Fire Boost (Luke), Windsweep (Alm), Zanbato+/Wind Boost (Gray), Slaying Edge+/Shield Pulse (Saber), Heavy Blade (Ike), Flashing Blade (Mia), Hone Fliers (Hinoka), Slaying Lance+ (Nephenee), Rally Atk/Res (Lute), Goad Armor (Hector),  Slaying Axe+ (Amelia), Steady Breath (Brave Ike), Mirror Strike (Sonya), Spd Ploy (Deirdre), Firesweep Bow+/Bow Experience (Faye), just Bow Lyn in general, Close Counter (Takumi) and Wrathful Staff (Genny) out of regular banners.

Not cool IS, that's a shitton of stuff, and a LOT of it is still very much in high demand.

And a lot of those heroes pretty much screamed "DEMOTE ME DAMMIT", like Mist, Azura or Leo. Then there's Luke who never appeared on a banner after he was added almost 2 years ago, and now he is even rarer.

What were they THINKING? That was completely unwarranted.

For other stuff - Pair Up being relegated to non-arena modes and on SOME legendaries only is blegh.

Allegiance battle i'm neutral about. At least it FINALLY involves friends outside of VG/GC/Rival Domains.

Aether Resort - Seems interesting, but it's the FIRST THING THAT USES ORBS THAT IS NOT SUMMONING (thankfully that's optional). Considering that IS has been stringy with orbs lately...

EDIT: Oh, and that 600 Mb download will eat up whatever memory my phone had left. Low Quality, here I go? And the sad thing is, FEH is the only non-standart app I have installed. So much for 8 Gb memory :(

Edited by Kruggov

Robin
Hmm...

Chrom
What is it, Robin?

Robin
I've been thinking about how you rode with Sumia earlier... Do our units always have to fight one-on-one?

Chrom
Are you suggesting we pair up? That's an interesting thought... I admit, I'd resemble a pincushion right now if it weren't for Sumia and her mount.

Robin
Exactly. By pairing up, units could lend each other added offense and defense... It might also allow quicker soldiers to ferry slower units great distances... Yes... Yes! I'm sure of it. This opens up all sorts of strategic possibilities! We should try it whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I find it strange that for the guy that created the idea of pairing up, he's unable to do it. 

45 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I find it strange that for the guy that created the idea of pairing up, he's unable to do it. 

That's why we haven't had an actual Legendary Robin. L!Robin will come with Levin Sword and Pair Up, plus a 3CD Ignis.

31 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Maaaaaaaaaaybe they're going to add new units soon with CC, DC, FSBow and some of those skills that are going away. We can hope, at least.

Not to say that fodder isn’t an issue, but there’s the issue that the characters themselves will be harder to get for people who like them. After all, lots of people play for favorites.

Like, I’ve been rolling for Jaffar on the few banners he’s been a focus for or hoping that one appears when I’m hunting for other colorless units despite his trash fodder and stats but now it’s become significantly harder to obtain him and it’s unlikely he’ll be featured in future focuses.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

14 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Not to say that fodder isn’t an issue, but there’s the issue that the characters themselves will be harder to get for people who like them. After all, lots of people play for favorites.

Like, I’ve been rolling for Jaffar on the few banners he’s been a focus for or hopping that one appears when I’m hunting for other colorless units despite his trash fodder and stats but now it’s become significantly harder to obtain him and it’s unlikely he’ll be featured in future focuses.

This is the same problem for those who don't have OG Lucina (I'm one of them btw) and having her not able to be a focus unit at all is really unfair.  It's not like they realised just how badly they screwed up this time.  And how many people they've made less then happy about the pool changes.  All I can do is hope she comes on a rando banner :/

15 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Like, I’ve been rolling for Jaffar on the few banners he’s been a focus for or hopping that one appears when I’m hunting for other colorless units despite his trash fodder and stats but now it’s become significantly harder to obtain him and it’s unlikely he’ll be featured in future focuses.

Yeah, that's still an issue. I foddered my Takumis and I'd like to get another one to keep. Now it's much harder to do it. 

The best way they could solve this is having a banner with those units as 5* focus running all year long. It's still hard to get the unit you want out of it, but the possibility is there. 

1 hour ago, Kruggov said:

So, not counting seasonals, legendaries/mythics or GHB/TT heroes, we're never gonna see Fire Boost (Luke), Windsweep (Alm), Zanbato+/Wind Boost (Gray), Slaying Edge+/Shield Pulse (Saber), Heavy Blade (Ike), Flashing Blade (Mia), Hone Fliers (Hinoka), Slaying Lance+ (Nephenee), Rally Atk/Res (Lute), Goad Armor (Hector),  Slaying Axe+ (Amelia), Steady Breath (Brave Ike), Mirror Strike (Sonya), Spd Ploy (Deirdre), Firesweep Bow+/Bow Experience (Faye), just Bow Lyn in general, Close Counter (Takumi) and Wrathful Staff (Genny) out of regular banners.

Not cool IS, that's a shitton of stuff, and a LOT of it is still very much in high demand.

Most of the skills are not in high demand though and some of those units are valued for other skills.

Fire Boost is crap like Defiants, and Luke is valued forPanic Ploy. Windsweep is super niche for very specific builds that are not very useful in my opinion. Cavalry are not difficult to kill, so Zanbato's overkill is unnecessary and Wind Boost is crap; Gray is valued for Sword Valor. Shield Pulse is super niche for very specific builds, and other builds are more useful in my opinion. Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are absolute crap as A skills. Nephenee is more valued for Wrath. Rally Atk/Res is not high demand for cheerleaders/babysitters, with Atk Tactic and Res Tactic being a thing, and Rally Spd/Def is also more available from Oscar and Quan has Rally Spd/Def+; Lute is valued Res Ploy. Goad Armor is not all that useful, as Ward Armor is better for Enemy Phase armor teams and Hone Armor being better for mixed phase armor units; Hector is valued for Distant Counter. Amelia is more valued for Armor March. Bow Experience is bad for farming SP.

I personally don't think the pool change is that bad. Sure it makes those heroes so much rarer, but they can still appear on non-New Heroes banners. That being said, I still think it's kinda stupid. 

As for the other stuff we have...

-FE Tomodachi Life

-Arena 2: Electric Boogaloo

-5 and 4*'s becoming 4 and 3*'s

Overall, it's okay. Probably the weakest FEH Channel so far, but Aether Resort seems neat, and Arena 2 has some potential. Plus the demotions are great, since I've been pitybroken by M!Morgan more times than should be legal. I'd give it a 6/10.

54 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

This is the same problem for those who don't have OG Lucina (I'm one of them btw) and having her not able to be a focus unit at all is really unfair.  It's not like they realised just how badly they screwed up this time.  And how many people they've made less then happy about the pool changes.  All I can do is hope she comes on a rando banner :/

Speaking of Lucina, I feel like we're due to for another alt. It's been about 9 months since legendary Lucina and a whole 2 years since she last got a seasonal. Correct me if I'm wrong but bunny Lucina is the only Lucina seasonal we have and as one of the most popular female characters in the franchise that's kind of disappointing. 

Edited by Ottservia

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Speaking of Lucina, I feel like we're due to for another alt. It's been about 9 months since legendary Lucina and a whole 2 years since she last got a seasonal. Correct me if I'm wrong but bunny Lucina is the only Lucina seasonal we have and as one of the most popular female characters in the franchise that's kind of disappointing. 

My bet is Lucina will appear on the next Summer banner wearing a swimsuit from her Cipher art.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190113173037

Mixed bag for me, but overall positive

-Pair Up looks cool, but it feels silly being tied to certain Legendary heroes
-Allegiance Battles looks nice, as long as the maps are random unlike defense maps in AR; just a pity no orb rewards. More dragonflowers are welcome
-Aether Resort looks amusing, but of course I'll ignore the orb-paying aspect
-Aether Raid offense team locking is a great QoL
-Demotions of spooky things like 5* Libra is very appreciated
-Deletion of many gen1 5* exclusives from New Banners is very appreciated (no more nonsense to add to my 2 Minervas, 3 YTikis, and whatever else I've forgotten about)
-Lack of DL Collab announcement is appreciated

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Most of the skills are not in high demand though and some of those units are valued for other skills.

TBH I just listed the skills that you won't be able to get from pitybreakers - as to whether they are useful or not, I agree with you.

Ok so:

• Instead of demoting the trash 5* units so you can't get pity broken by them anymore and they are easier to get for people who like them... they can still pity break you on some banners and are now harder to get for people who like them. Also instead of doing something about the bigger problem which is the incredibly stale 3/4* pool which only got a very sad list of new additions.
  • Instead of fixing arena with their shitty BST scoring....they made another PvP mode with the exact same scoring.
  • Instead of giving us more orbs again....they require you to pay orbs for something else entirily which is pretty much a must if you don't want to fall behind in AR.

Sigh, I give up on hoping this game ever fixes its issues.

Happy that I have more chance to +10 Shigure and L'Arachel though, and that Sothe and Legault are gone as 5* units now (though it comes way too late for me, having been pity broken by both of them twice). The Aether Resort looks ok I guess, though I despise having to visit it every day to get that damn new recourse. Also having to pay orbs to be able to stay good in AR is disgusting, especially after they're already taking away a lot of our orbs. And Allegiance Battles seems fun in theory, but would only work for me if 1) it was not PvP 2) it didn't have the same score calc as arena and 3) you didn't get higher points for choosing your top 3 friends, I want to play with any friend thank you very much.

All in all just got more reasons to stop caring about this game and am more motivated to quit in the near future.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

No one's forcing you to watch the update.  Or play Heroes.  Or post on this forum.  Or be a Fire Emblem "fan".

Seriously, if this is your reaction to news about Fire Emblem, you'd be much better served finding something that is to your tastes.

i honestly can't understand why my mere presence bothers you so much, since i don't think i ever did anything to earn your grudge towards me (if i did, please tell me, i really want to know)

and sorry if even just the announcement of a FEH direct isn't enough to make me super hyped, that's just not how i work; if others do, that doesn't mean i should as well

also i think i'm free to say how i feel about something, regardless of what i feel like saying (with due common sense), if that's a thread's subject, but appearently i'm not welcome here

so yeah, i guess i should definitely start ignoring serenes forest, because... you can't stand me... i guess?

by the way, to say something on-topic

i'm overall happy with how they handled outdated 5*-only units, that means i'm not gonna be pity-broken by a random luke while summoning red, and this can't but make me feel a bit relieved

and that arena 2.0 thing seems interesting, but i have to know more about it

Edited by Yexin

On one hand, I am happy that L' Arachel, Male Morgan, Gray, Libra, Nanna, and Olwen can't pity break me. On the other, potential pity break was my hope for Tana, Young Tiki, Minerva, Alm, Eldigan, etc... I would have preferred mass demotion (because the 4 star pool needs to be more bloated) but if I am summoning on a new hero banner and said hero is blue, I rather see somebody like Nailah or Hardin rather than a Ninian or Olwen. All of it is RNG anyways.

Stuff relating to aether raids is whatever to me, could be cute, but meh... overall.

4 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Holy crab...

And a lot of those heroes pretty much screamed "DEMOTE ME DAMMIT", like Mist, Azura or Leo. Then there's Luke who never appeared on a banner after he was added almost 2 years ago, and now he is even rarer.

What were they THINKING? That was completely unwarranted.

For other stuff - Pair Up being relegated to non-arena modes and on SOME legendaries only is blegh.

Allegiance battle i'm neutral about. At least it FINALLY involves friends outside of VG/GC/Rival Domains.

Aether Resort - Seems interesting, but it's the FIRST THING THAT USES ORBS THAT IS NOT SUMMONING (thankfully that's optional). Considering that IS has been stringy with orbs lately...

EDIT: Oh, and that 600 Mb download will eat up whatever memory my phone had left. Low Quality, here I go? And the sad thing is, FEH is the only non-standart app I have installed. So much for 8 Gb memory :(

Aether Resort is not the first alt use for orbs. From the start, they've been usable to upgrade the castle, expand barracks, and substitute for stamina options, dueling crests, and light blessings.

I think it's best for free players to just ignore that option. It doesn't seem very significant, anyway.

7 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

They flipped "correct" and "incorrect". The Japanese video has the correct correction. The localization team is still shit.

2 hours ago, GreatKnightEcho said:

I personally don't think the pool change is that bad. Sure it makes those heroes so much rarer, but they can still appear on non-New Heroes banners.

Considering I think players pull more on new unit banners than on secondary banners, I think it is a huge loss for players who actually want some of the old units (like Hector).

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

they've been usable to upgrade the castle

I do not even care about having my Orbs refunded, I just want the Experience boost to be permanently disabled for me.

I wish I knew more about SP grinding before I purchased all the Castle upgrades.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The localization team is still shit.

What were you expecting from Treehouse?

Edited by XRay