April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Speaking of Lucina, I feel like we're due to for another alt. It's been about 9 months since legendary Lucina and a whole 2 years since she last got a seasonal. Correct me if I'm wrong but bunny Lucina is the only Lucina seasonal we have and as one of the most popular female characters in the franchise that's kind of disappointing. 

It's been even longer since Legendary Lyn.  However I think there are other characters that need alts more before these lovely ladies get their 6th version.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMIGOSH I remember a thread where the original poster was asking about how IS could set up a mode that would provide more entertainment or something and I suggested something similar (but not quite entirely like) the new R&R mode! I can't believe it's actually happening!!

Edit: I backread a little and my gosh, how could people have missed that 5* units are only being removed from the new heroes/special heroes pools? This is great; it helps people be more likely to get focus units. :) I does make it harder for people like me who intentionally avoid new heroes banners since it's possible to summon said new heroes in the general pool later, but I usually want my special/legendary/mythic (aka, limited) heroes first and foremost anyway. But seriously, people were raging over their own misunderstanding, and some even tried to blame IS, saying that they should've said it clearer. =_=; How about people go rewatch things to make sure they're understanding it right, and look for missed details?

Also, pair-up. It'd be cool and useful if it wasn't limited to just legendary/mythic heroes. =_= That's a little too exclusive, imo… Though, I am happy that the new mode lets you pair up with friends' lead heroes without that restriction. :)

Edited by Mercakete

45 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: I backread a little and my gosh, how could people have missed that 5* units are only being removed from the new heroes/special heroes pools? This is great; it helps people be more likely to get focus units.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but I don't think this is accurate. The appearance rates for focus units is still the same - only thing that's affected is that the chance of any given off-focus unit is slightly higher.

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but I don't think this is accurate. The appearance rates for focus units is still the same - only thing that's affected is that the chance of any given off-focus unit is slightly higher.

Say you have a bucket of fruit. You want a red apple. The bucket has 3 red apples, 20 oranges, and 14 green apples. The green apples are taken away. Your chance of pulling out a green apple has dropped to 0. Now, instead of 3/37, your chances of pulling a red apple are 3/23. It's similar to pulling a 5* you want. Sure, 4* and 3* units still exist, but your chances of pulling a 5* don't change since that's a separate trigger. And, because the pool of 5* units is smaller, it makes it more likely for you to pull one of the new units (that is, a unit you want.)

You can still pull for the units who were removed from new/seasonal banner pools on other banners.

Pair-Up! - Kind of a shame that it's only for future Legendary Heroes and the new mode, but it's kinda neat. More strategic options being opened makes way for some interesting maps in the future.

New Mode! - Sure the 'Scored the same way as Arena!' will miff quite a few people off, but at the very least it's familiar. Plus, you only have to do one match per week. A bit of an odd decision, but way less stressful at least.

Aether Resort! - Finally, a cute little place to watch your cute heroes do cute things! I'm interested to see how they may expand upon this mode other than just having the buildings we have now. There was quite a lot of space available, even with the possible maximum of six heroes all at once.

Summoning Pool Changes! - Yay demotes! Yay old 5-stars not pity-breaking us instead of new units anymore! I do understand why a bunch of people are upset, but really, I'd rather have newer, generally-better units pity-break me than the possibility of being pity-broken by a metric TON of old units I already have and probably don't care about/have no useful skills and maybe, JUST maybe, get a Hector instead. The odds of that are astronomically small no matter what, so I'm happy with this change. If they come out with new units I want, I want THOSE units, not even a Takumi or something. Pretty sure people don't go into banners expecting to get pity-broken by Hector. Hoping maybe, but not expecting. Would demoting the current old 5-stars and splitting up the whole summoning pool be better? Maybe. Send feedback in a calm, respectable manner if you do at all should you wish to voice your thoughts to IS.

As for the version update information that was not in the Feh Channel - Yay more weapon refinements! Those are always exciting and breathe new life into older and more underused units. I can't wait to see what they do!

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Say you have a bucket of fruit. You want a red apple. The bucket has 3 red apples, 20 oranges, and 14 green apples. The green apples are taken away. Your chance of pulling out a green apple has dropped to 0. Now, instead of 3/37, your chances of pulling a red apple are 3/23. It's similar to pulling a 5* you want. Sure, 4* and 3* units still exist, but your chances of pulling a 5* don't change since that's a separate trigger. And, because the pool of 5* units is smaller, it makes it more likely for you to pull one of the new units (that is, a unit you want.)

You can still pull for the units who were removed from new/seasonal banner pools on other banners.

That’s not how it works. You had a 3% chance of getting a focus unit before the change and now you’ll still cotinue to have a 3% chance of getting a focus unit after the change because 5* rates are split between focus and non-focus.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

That's not how it works.

The 5-star "pitybreaker" pool is 3% of the total summoning pool regardless of how many characters are in the pool. The only difference is how many characters that 3% is split across. If there are 100 5-star characters, each one has a 0.03% chance overall. If there are 20 5-star characters, each one has a 0.15% chance overall. But no matter how many ways it's split, it still adds up to 3%, and the Focus summon rate is still 3% (for a normal banner).

I keep seeing people say the 3-4* would get too bloated if they added the old 5*s instead of outright removing them, but I don't really agree with that argument.  There are some duds with no SI to offer in the old pool, but there are already plenty like that in the current 3-4* pool, and I think there are enough 5* exclusives with at least something to offer, which really should have been available at 3-4* by now, like QR3, Hone Fliers, etc.  The other thing is that I don't think every 3-4* needs to be great fodder.  At the very least, they are 150-300 feathers, and not every single pull has to be a gem.  Some people just like the unit themselves and don't want to be robbed of at least the chance of getting them.  Est has crap for inheritance, but I'm glad she's 3-4* so I was able to +10 her.  I had been looking forward to this anticipated demotion to get some new +10 projects, like Leo, but instead it made it even harder to +10 units like him.

I just IS would bite the bullet and demote the 5 star exclusives from gen 1.  It'd make it at least a bit more likely to get fodder and people would have a better chance at getting new units to have fun with/a shot at their favourite characters in some cases.

I keep being surprised to see people complain about the 3-4* pool. It's never been something that seemed fixable to me, just naturally fated to gradually become more and more of a pile of random units experienced players already have.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I keep being surprised to see people complain about the 3-4* pool. It's never been something that seemed fixable to me, just naturally fated to gradually become more and more of a pile of random units experienced players already have.

I don't think having a big 3-4* pool is a bad thing.  Not getting the same units over and over is a good thing.  For fodder, I really think thy should just bring back the fodder banners, and don't know why they stopped doing them in the first place.

11 hours ago, Yexin said:

i honestly can't understand why my mere presence bothers you so much, since i don't think i ever did anything to earn your grudge towards me (if i did, please tell me, i really want to know)

and sorry if even just the announcement of a FEH direct isn't enough to make me super hyped, that's just not how i work; if others do, that doesn't mean i should as well

also i think i'm free to say how i feel about something, regardless of what i feel like saying (with due common sense), if that's a thread's subject, but appearently i'm not welcome here

so yeah, i guess i should definitely start ignoring serenes forest, because... you can't stand me... i guess?

If you don't have anything good to say, especially before a major announcement where everyone else is excited, keep it to yourself.  If all you can do is complain, it's time to move on.

These two things carry over to more than just Fire Emblem.  Approach life with these two in mind, and things will be slightly easier.  Negativity is not how to maintain a healthy relationship (whether it be with your video game of choice, coworkers, friends, or a future partner).

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think having a big 3-4* pool is a bad thing.  Not getting the same units over and over is a good thing.  For fodder, I really think thy should just bring back the fodder banners, and don't know why they stopped doing them in the first place.

Also I was of the assumption that they'd demote the gen 1 five stars so that people have a decent chance to get characters they like rather than say the hundreds of Hinatas for example.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Like the other pools, you can remove the old and replace them with new. It’s as simple as creating another way to obtain those characters, like a secondary gacha or a shop.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Also I was of the assumption that they'd demote the gen 1 five stars so that people have a decent chance to get characters they like rather than say the hundreds of Hinatas for example.

Hey, hundreds of Hinatas is a VERY GOOD THING because he is the only cheap access to Fury 3, and IMO it's still the best A skill for a lot of heroes. Same reason why nobody is worried about getting Selena or Barst since everyone and their mother wants Reposition, even if they don't care for Selena or Barst themselves.

Now Gen 1 staffbots are a different story.

53 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Hey, hundreds of Hinatas is a VERY GOOD THING because he is the only cheap access to Fury 3, and IMO it's still the best A skill for a lot of heroes. Same reason why nobody is worried about getting Selena or Barst since everyone and their mother wants Reposition, even if they don't care for Selena or Barst themselves.

Now Gen 1 staffbots are a different story.

Ah I used a less than proper example.  Think of the WORST fodder 3-4 star units and getting them all of the time instead of a unit you like.  That's the kind of thing that happens on a regular basis to me every single time I summon.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Like the other pools, you can remove the old and replace them with new. It’s as simple as creating another way to obtain those characters, like a secondary gacha or a shop.

As such, they made no sign they do plan to make them easier to obtain and seemed to have picked the worst possible solution.

33 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Maybe we could get legendary style banners rotating the axed units monthly.  

I would legit like that.  It would give me a much better shot at OG Lucina that's for sure.  Plus I could save for such a banner and work to 10+ if my luck was going to be nice.

53 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Or hell even bi-monthly so long as it’s on a consistent schedule

55 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

That would be great, especially since it would fix the issue of Skill banners becoming increasingly unlikely to give you a focus unit (since that pool hasn't exactly been fixed with the small amount of demotes we got).

7 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I've seen suggestions about that, but it always seemed so far out of precedent. Although there wasn't exactly precedent for this either. So I guess if people keep making enough complaints about the 3-4* pool, maybe they'll cut the launch 3-4*s out of new unit banners as well.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:41 PM, Rezzy said:

It took me forever to get my first Est. 
one banner gave me 10 ests (bless)
but now I still short 1 est, for +10 purposes.

and I haven't seen Nowi in MONTHS. 
Nino is a myth, Caeda is so hard to get (though to be fair, i need +atk Caeda).
so i think it comes and goes. 
and Cain? oof. so hard  to get. 

so yah fodder banners would be great. though not sure how much i'd pull on that easier. eternal orb struggle.