April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Two pools wouldn't be difficult to implement but that would require a lot of efforts. Not to imagine they would have to specifiy which pool is it per banner.

Well, if they want our money then is it asking too much for them to put some effort into a key aspect of the game? People on SF have stated something about how they could run a separate non-focus banner with all the old 3-4 stars that doesn't go away or get new units added to it (until the next mass demotion, maybe) that you could summon on using shards or arena medals or the other currency that are just piling up in our inventory. So, like, there are ways to fix the summoning pool that would've annoyed less players instead of what they actually did.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

As for the DL collab, heh, no skin off my nose. I'm sure it's still coming in the future.

Yeah, I don't get why some are up in arms over them not talking about DL.

Whatever the collab is probably isn't coming for a while anyway.

Really don't like the Summoning Pool changes. These heroes are for the most part outdated and should have been made more available, not less. Sure, not being pity broken by Mist or Luke is nice, but I now fail to see how I'll ever get the last 2 copies I need to make my Lucina +10 since gen 1 units barely ever get featured on banners anymore. These units should have been demoted, not removed. If units had to go, it should have been some of the units in the 3-4* pool. I'm sick and tired of Raighs, Donnels, Bartre and company. 

Not to mention that some skills are now way harder to get. Nailah is now the lone carrier of Distant Counter in the summoning pool, Close Counter, Hone Fliers and Steady Breath, among others,  are now unavailable from new heroes banners (which are probably the banners most people pull on).

In exchange we get a mere 12 units added to the 3-4* pool. 

Yeah, I was already playing Feh less and less and this summoning pool change combined with yet another competitive mode you need to complete weekly is really not helping my growing disinterest. 

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I guess all it really means is for people like me who don't have the older units it just means "don't summon".

Yup :(

Thanks IS, I guess you hate new players.

Edited by Nym

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

It was also noted that seasonal reruns don't count and will contain the gen 1 5*'s. So only Regal Rabbits and Beyond Darkness should be bolded.

Overall not the solution I was hoping for buti t's better than nothing.

Ah so it's not even that bad for the current banners hahah.

The information just got out but at the moment I'm thinking people are overreacting too much to this gen-1 5* removal from newer banners. The argument about merging these to +10 for example is rather null and void as nobody in their right mind summons on the recent FE6 banner hoping to get the original or Brave Lyn out of it.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why couldn't they just demote them to 3-4*?

Demoting them to 3-4* is definitely the better move for the consumers. On the other hand, the arguments suggesting this move is just bad all around is wrong IMO.

The bigger problem with this update is just that it doesn't add anything worthwhile. Pair-up is broken but extremely limited to the point where it doesn't really matter, Aether Resort is subjective fluff and Allegiance Battles isn't something that'll bring back people who have uninstalled.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Really don't like the Summoning Pool changes. These heroes are for the most part outdated and should have been made more available, not less. Sure, not being pity broken by Mist or Luke is nice, but I now fail to see how I'll ever get the last 2 copies I need to make my Lucina +10 since gen 1 units barely ever get featured on banners anymore. These units should have been demoted, not removed. If units had to go, it should have been some of the units in the 3-4* pool. I'm sick and tired of Raighs, Donnels, Bartre and company. 

Not to mention that some skills are now way harder to get. Nailah is now the lone carrier of Distant Counter in the summoning pool, Close Counter, Hone Fliers and Steady Breath, among others,  are now unavailable from new heroes banners (which are probably the banners most people pull on).

In exchange we get a mere 12 units added to the 3-4* pool. 

Yeah, I was already playing Feh less and less and this summoning pool change combined with yet another competitive mode you need to complete weekly is really not helping my growing disinterest. 

I agree with this entirely.  And I also agree we should call for a mass demate in feedback until IS get the idea.

Holy wow, were people this mad about not being able to nab Gen 1 pity breakers when Legendary Banners were announced? I feel like a lot of the outrage is straight up misunderstanding of the change and how summoning works.

If anything this will prompt IS to put these old units on miscellaneous banners making them way more attainable than they are at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Holy wow, were people this mad about not being able to nab Gen 1 pity breakers when Legendary Banners were announced? I feel like a lot of the outrage is straight up misunderstanding of the change and how summoning works.

If anything this will prompt IS to put these old units on miscellaneous banners making them way more attainable than they are at the moment. 

I'm more pissed that they weren't demoted and made easier to get, not that they were removed from the new banners entirely.

I don't mind it being a little easier to get new heroes and special heroes in the future, but I would've liked to be able to get merges for PoR Ike or Brave Ike, so only being able to get them on non-New Heroes and non-Special Heroes banners, which I don't pull on a lot, still sucks. It isn't the worst move IS could've made, but it's not a good one either, not at all.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm more pissed that they weren't demoted and made easier to get, not that they were removed from the new banners entirely.

Why were you expecting this though? There's no precedent for demotion of 5 star units.

21 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

The removal of all units before book 2 from summoning pool is great, most of the terrible pity breakers come from that.  They said there will be other summoning events to get them so people who want them can still get them.  

But we also lost units like Alm, Amelia, Ayra, Azura, Celica, Deirdre, Dorcas, Eldigan, Elincia, Faye, Genny, Hector, Julia, Nephenee, Ninian, Sigurd, Takumi, and all the CYL1 heroes meaning Steady Breath is no longer in the regular summoning pool. In fact, none of the Breaths are anymore and neither are Close Counter, Firesweep Bow, and Shield Pulse for that matter as Takumi and Saber were the only regular units who had Close Counter and Shield Pulse, respectively, and Faye is the only unit with Firesweep Bow. Also, we lost two blue refresh units, regular Azura and Ninian, and our only dragon refresh unit, Ninian. And for what? So that Gray, Leo, Luke, Mist, don't show up? Another unit: Jaffar isn't that good to most people, but he'd be like getting Sothe for L&D3 because he has it as a 4* if Jaffar were summonable as a 4* unit.

This is beyond fucking retarded. At least keep the power characters like Celica and Hector as 5* units along with the gen 2, almost book 2 units, but demote all the other units. Nope, let's remove a massive group of units from future, new heroes and new seasonal banners because that's obviously the best solution. We need more units in the 3* to 4* pool than we need less units in the 5* pool for new heroes and new seasonal banners. If anything, we need more common access to some skills which removing summonable units is doing the opposite.

Edited by Kaden

...well that was underwhelming. Some demotions, a new game mechanic/game mode revolving around such, and a semi-lobby in Aether Resort.

I personally could care less about the Gen 1 units being removed from new hero banners, since I've had all of them for a while now and they're just aged enough that I won't miss them compared to Gen 2 or Gen 3. I am, however, glad that all those other units were demoted. Can't say how many times I got pity broken by one of the demoted units...

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Why were you expecting this though? There's no precedent for demotion of 5 star units.

Well maybe they could have done demote instead of the bullshit they're doing now.  It's better for everyone.

Well I'm in the minority but I'm actually happy they cleaned up the pool like that. If I'm going fo +10 projects I was NOT summoning on New Heroes banner for them. The chance of getting pity broken by the RIGHT unit was so tiny. Like honestly.

And I didn't want them 3-4* either. I'm glad they were outright removed. Maybe this means more fun small banners and then I can focus on my +10 projects when they appear on skill banner like I've been doing.

They should have cut more units out completely alongside the Gen 1 units if anything. Would still rather most of the removed units than to be broken by a Sumia or Quan.

As someone mentioned earlier, the problem with the summoning experience is the low rarity pools being bloated and stale, with bad 5* pity breakers being a lesser evil. This change addresses the latter but missed the more pressing issue with the game. Maybe I don't want to pull another OG Lyn while going for Laegjarn, but I sure as hell would like more Lyn merges instead of my Nth Raigh. The trash heroes are the ones I want excised to another pool not the Gen 1 5*s that I may never have pulled (enough of).

It's like we asked for more time off from work and IS shot us in the foot, saying "Look, now you'll have to take medical leave. FEEEEEEEEEEEH!"

Okay- i think.... before people rush to lambast IntSys - we need to see what's going to happen. ie: Gen 1 Foci banners on the weekends or something.
as it is - it's just new/special banners right now. (which theoretically) if you are a new player that should be fine - and technically if you are pulling on these banners you're not HOPING to get pity broken by these units. 

i think if there are more chances to get these units - that will be fine. 
if Elincia had more banners - I would be more than happy. +10 dream pls

1 minute ago, Kiran_ said:

And I didn't want them 3-4* either. I'm glad they were outright removed. Maybe this means more fun small banners and then I can focus on my +10 projects when they appear on skill banner like I've been doing.

Why not?

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Considering Close Counter is just a tad rarer than Distant Counter and Takumj was the only non-seasonal source? Yeah, super scummy. I vote to bombard IS with feedback that they do demotions instead of this crap.

Done and done. My feedback has also been getting progressively more snarky.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

On the other hand, the arguments suggesting this move is just bad all around is wrong IMO.

It is for anyone who liked getting pity-broken by characters they didn't have, which it seems a not insignificant chunk of at least our little forum was.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

No because A) At the time people weren't sure if it would be a recurring thing and B) It was a singular type of banner, not every primary draw banner. How many people prioritize rerun banners over seasonal or new hero banners?

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

There was no precedent for demoting 4-5*s to 3-4*s. There was no precedent for a weapon refinery. There was no precedent for Legendary Heroes. There was no precedent for Combat Manuals. There was no precedent for removing a chunk of previously permanent characters from new hero banners.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The only precedent for demotions at all is they did it once, one year ago.  Considering we haven't had all that many 4-5* even added since then, a understandable expectation was that some 5* exclusives would get demoted.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The problem is so far they didnt show any hints they will make a miscellaneous banner for oldies, and even then it is something that people would give a lukewarm reception too putting down the incentive. How many people would summon on a banner with Karel/Luke/+1?

On its own, the new change is objectively an improvement to the summoning pool:

- You can't summon Hector anymore but THATS IF YOU SOMEHOW PROC 0.00001092146728394061% rate for him anyway. On the other hand you also can't proc the 0.0000000000000001027316940378453278549121% of summoning Merric. As there is high roll(rolling Hector) there also is low roll(Merric and LUke) you can' take one of the other.

- Demoting 4* into 3* doesnt matter because all it makes is if you proc 3* you now get chance to broader variety of 4*. As it is, 3* have LOWER rate than 4* so its ok

- Its only applied on New unit banners anyway

Theres a lot of ways they can tackle this problem, and the current way isn't as bad as inclined. People are (deserved or not) greedy when asking for 5* demote, which frankly carried another issue with it(3-4* pool is already bloated). The situation with the summoning pool is loss-loss at this point that 1 simple change can't solve it