Can you help me pick a cavalier?

I recently started playing Binding Blade again after abandoning my first run years ago. The game is so much fun, I already love Rutger and Shanna, my crit monsters, and Dorothy, Wade, Lugh, Bors and Ellen are turning out pretty good too.

But there is a little hole in my team. I still have no horsemen, except for Clarine, who doesn't count.

I avoided feeding Lance and Allen kills, because I knew they would be replaced, but now the game just gave me three new horseman and I am unsure about who to use. They all look pretty bland to be honest. I only like Noah a little bit better.

So, who do you think I shoulf pick based on how good they are as units?

Zealot?

Noah?

Treck?

Sue?

Allen, or Lance, because it's not too late to train one of them?

Or none of the above, because a great horseman is around the corner?

If you have to use either Lance or Alen, go with Lance. As for another cavalier, Noah's a good option. There's also Perceval, who's pretty much a god, so you should definitely use him when you get him (in Ch. 15 anyway. You can recruit him earlier in Ch. 13, but it really isn't a good idea since Perceval will be of no help at all on Ch. 14 since it's a desert map, and he also only gets his Hard Mode bonuses on Ch. 15).

In terms of a Nomad, Sin is better than Sue. You can get away with using both of them since Nomads are really good in this game, but if you have to use only one of them, go with Sin.

So it looks like Noah is a good option after all, if Perceval only joins in Chap. 15, I will use Noah until then and then decide. And you can omit the HM bonuses, since I am a pussy :)

The only games I tried at the high difficulty were Birthright and Sacred Stones, and even then it was after many nornal runs.

And about the nomads, I avoided using Sue because I know there is a weird mechanic to go to Ilia or Sacae, and since I want to go to Ilia I'm no touching her at all.

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

So it looks like Noah is a good option after all, if Perceval only joins in Chap. 15, I will use Noah until then and then decide. And you can omit the HM bonuses, since I am a pussy :)

The only games I tried at the high difficulty were Birthright and Sacred Stones, and even then it was after many nornal runs.

And about the nomads, I avoided using Sue because I know there is a weird mechanic to go to Ilia or Sacae, and since I want to go to Ilia I'm no touching her at all.

I don't blame you, Sacae is just fucking hell

10 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

I always use shin and sue because i love the nomad class. had to do a playthrough of not training them so i could see ilia. Noah is pretty good, i usually go with Alen myself.

You know you could have just used only Sin so you can focus on using Shanna and Thea right?

Out of those you have, I think I'd seriously recommend Shin and Lance, followed by Noah or Alan.

Regardless of him being considered a bad unit, I still want to push Treck as he'll tend to grow better than Noah (though he definitely starts out worse) and I find it funner to use him than the others.

59 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

I always use shin and sue because i love the nomad class. had to do a playthrough of not training them so i could see ilia. Noah is pretty good, i usually go with Alen myself.

There's a friend of mine who specifically told me to use both Sue and Shin because nomads are great. When I told him I wasn't planning to use them at all he gave me a very disappointed look xD

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Out of those you have, I think I'd seriously recommend Shin and Lance, followed by Noah or Alan.

Regardless of him being considered a bad unit, I still want to push Treck as he'll tend to grow better than Noah (though he definitely starts out worse) and I find it funner to use him than the others.

I can understand your pov. I'm usually one who loves to use underrated or "bad" units. But I'm already going to use Gwendolyn who joined just now. I don't think I have the patience to train two low level units at the same time. But I will gladly take Noah.

The real answer is to use whoever you want, even if its Marcus and his 9 strength.

Remember that you can use as many cavaliers as you want.

Pragmatically speaking, Perceval is really good, of course. A trained Allen and Lance, far from just being replaced, are probably the second best cavaliers in the long run. They have extremely similar growths and bases, so whichever one is shaping up best is probably the better option, if you just want to use one. Since you haven't trained them, it'd probably be easier to go with Noah at this point.

Alan and Lance are both pretty good, but if they haven't been trained at all then Noah might be better because he has higher bases and is closer to promotion. Or use Treck for the memes. The nomads are good because you fight a lot of wyverns in the late game, just be careful not to level them up more than the pegasus knights if you don't want to go to Sacae. And Perceval is great.

You don't have to pick just one horseman though, you can use as many as you want if you have space for them. The only problem with that is you get your second knight's crest much later than your first one (I don't think you can get a second knight's crest until chapter 15), so if you use more than one cavalier you'll have to wait a while to promote them.

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Lance, Noah, Perceval, and Sue are my recommendations. Perceval is freaking amazing, and Lance and Noah are both good too. Sue is a good nomad.

Sue's alright, but since the op said he's only planning to use one Nomad to avoid going to Sacae, I think it's a better idea to use Sin since I do find him to a better unit. Sure, Sue is faster, but that honestly doesn't really matter, Sin's still fast enough to double anyway, and for even more damage.

Noah has superior bases to Lance and Allen but inferior growths and comes much later at a higher level so that's to be expected and Treck is underleveled and even worse in some stats than Allen/Lance

IMO Alen is the best cavalier, he will evntually double and that's not too far either and he does a lot of damage, although well my Lance became a mounted myrmidon without the dodge so I guess I'm sort off biased.

I haven't used Noah too much, but if you like him, you should use him. Nomads are really useful imo, so I'd also suggest using Sue. 

Usually picking one of Alen or Lance early on is a good thing, depends on how they perform in level ups, you can decide which one of them you want to use in the long term.