How did Kaga get the funding for Tirnanog?

lecongvu

It was in 2000 that Shouzou Kaga created Tirnanog gaming company. What I want to ask is for anyone familiar with the Japanese video game scene to explain to me how Tirnanog (or these start-up gaming companies in general) got their funding for the first game? The concept of crowdfunding did not exist back then, right? Did Kaga use his own money, make a loan, or ask investors? I have been playing the two TearRing games, which I guess cost not a small fortune for all the works put into them.

As a former prominent Nintendo director, attached to the creation of a big-name Nintendo franchise, I imagine it wasn't very hard for him to attract investors.

7 minutes ago, Slumber said:

As a former prominent Nintendo director, attached to the creation of a big-name Nintendo franchise, I imagine it wasn't very hard for him to attract investors.

He has got to sell them something, right? I have been wondering how no one back then had foreseen that Nintendo would try to take legal actions against Tirnanog the moment they release a tactical RPG title. If only Kaga had doubled down in making TearRing Saga more different to Fire Emblem like Berwick Saga was--The PSOne could support that level of gameplay, right?