Book 1 5*s will still be summonable on most focus circles

TheNiddo

8 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Those aren’t great alternatives.

Grail units should be considered more valuable than 5* imo considering their hard to obtain premium currency and being a finite resource.

They are finite, which is a big deal. But I wouldn't call them harder to obtain when they're just a click away, rather than hoping the game finally gives you the unit you want through orbs which is never guaranteed to happen no matter how much money you put into the game.

6 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Actually funny enough... Distant Counter is easier to get now by a small margin. When you look at the units being removed, how they affect the summoning odds within each colour, and do the math, post change you have a higher chance of getting Nailah than you do getting a Hector or a Nailah now. There are probably other skills you listed that are in the same boat: one of two possible carries of a skill being removed doesn't actually strictly mean its more difficult to get. RNG odds are funny that way. 

Also this. Several great skills just got much more common. I'm not up on what the good skills are, because they just keep adding tiny variations of skills all the time, but I imagine wrath is more common when only one of its three holders got the boot. As well as these fancy fourth tier skills.

Edited by Glennstavos

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

While you're at it, Drive Atk still exists in the red pool as Leif isn't going anywhere either. Delthea, however, did get removed.

Delthea and the others that will be “removed” can still appear in Legendary/Mythic banners, fodder banners as well as the seasonal banner reruns. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Delthea and the others that will be “removed” can still appear in Legendary/Mythic banners, fodder banners as well as the seasonal banner reruns. 

Well, I don't expect the Normal Units to appear in Leg/Myth, but CYL Units perfectly can.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

no they can't.....

Yes they can. There’s also the many seasonal banner reruns where they can still spook you and fodder banners. It’s not that big of a deal. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yes they can. There’s also the many seasonal banner reruns where they can still spook you and fodder banners. It’s not that big of a deal. 

why would gen 1 units be on legendary?
I'm actually expecting less normal 5*'s on legendary

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

They are finite, which is a big deal. But I wouldn't call them harder to obtain when they're just a click away, rather than hoping the game finally gives you the unit you want through orbs which is never guaranteed to happen no matter how much money you put into the game.

14 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Lol I meant the Grails are hard to obtain not the unit itself. Or more like you get so little Grails from AR that having to use them for fodder is a big opportunity cost.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

People: We don't want to get pity broken by Mist or Luke.

IS: Makes a way to not get pity broken by those and other units when you summon for new units (which is when pity breakers hurt more).

People: Screw you IS, you do everything for money!

The h*ll people?

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

Brave Lyn on the current Mythic Banner is immediate proof these units can and do still show up. But yeah I don't expect it to be common when the point of these Legendary Banners is to have valuable units that people will want to summon for.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

I said that it’s a possibility,  not a definitive. 

They’ve put Faye like, what, twice? Now that those units will become even more “rare”, it makes them prime candidates for Legendary/Mythic banners. Also, remember the Seasonal banner reruns which this game loves so much. You can still be spooked there. 

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

They are finite, which is a big deal. But I wouldn't call them harder to obtain when they're just a click away, rather than hoping the game finally gives you the unit you want which is never guaranteed to happen no matter how much money you put into the game.

Just because I can easily promote Bartre to 5* for Fury does not mean that it is an efficient use of resources for me.. Spending Grails for skill fodder is highly inefficient for a paying player since those Grails could have gone towards merges instead.

13 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Delthea and the others that will be “removed” can still appear in Legendary/Mythic banners, fodder banners as well as the seasonal banner reruns

But players have no idea when those fodder Foci are coming, and unless Intelligent Systems increase the amount of Foci, it will be difficult to get a specific Book 1 5* exclusive.

As a player who collected every Special Heroes up to Hostile Springs, I am also not going to try to summon for Hector from Special Heroes Foci reruns either.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Silafante said:

IS: Makes a way to not get pity broken by those and other units when you summon for new units (which is when pity breakers hurt more).

The h*ll people?

pity breakers hurt more regardless of when it happens. unless it's someone you'd love to have (Ie: I got Celica, Nephenee, Elincia, Ninian and Azura as pity breakers). like if you are on a focus banner why is it less painful vs  a new unit. 

2 minutes ago, Silafante said:

The h*ll people?

More like IS made a way for Mist to still pity break you while at the same time screwing over people who actually wanted her. Effectively finding a way to somehow make things worse.

Seriously, just demote those units. People still want to see them just not as 5* pity breakers.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

But players have no idea when those fodder Foci are coming, and unless Intelligent Systems increase the amount of Foci, it will be difficult to get a specific Book 1 5* exclusive. 

It just means that those players can focus on saving for when those characters become focus units in a future banner. 

Goad Armor is now completely gone. Fuck you, game.

19 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They can only appear as focus units on Legendary and Mythic Hero banners, of which there are typically only one slot per color, if any. Fodder banners and seasonal banner reruns are rarely worth my orbs.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

It just means that those players can focus on saving for when those characters become focus units in a future banner.

If they bcome focus units. When was the last time you saw Mist on a fodder banner? And yes, I actually kind of wanted her. 

They've given no indication they'll be adding skill focuses more frequently, so I don't see why some people treat it as a given.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They can only appear as focus units on Legendary and Mythic Hero banners, of which there are typically only one slot per color, if any. Fodder banners and seasonal banner reruns are rarely worth my orbs.

Did you even need Goad Armor for anything in particular lol

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

Unless your are Hector or something, a lot of units do not get a lot of appearances. Luke never appeared in a Focus outside of his debut Focus. Lyn appeared pretty frequently in 2017, but she only appeared once in 2018.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Arden is too expensive to build. Grails are expensive.

Nothing is expensive if it means making Arden the best he can be. But seriously though, fuck Heroic Grails.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

LA!Eliwood has Goad Armor if you still want it that badly. 

Legendary/Mythic banners, fodder banners, VG banners and seasonal rerun banners. It’s not that bad. 

@Nanima Well, those units just became more desirable so it now gives the developers an excuse to drop the likes of Mist in a fodder banner if they want to. There’s also the possibility of Mist showing up in a VG banner or the monthly Legendary/Mythic banners. Seasonal banner reruns will be left mostly untouched so she can spook you there as well. She really has no business being a 5*, though. 

@XRay This change just means that the “removed” units will be more desirable. 

Edited by Lord-Zero