Book 1 5*s will still be summonable on most focus circles

TheNiddo

2 hours ago, Hekselka said:

This is exactly my problem with this.

I spend more orbs on new heroes banners or legendary banners than skill/TT/GHB banners so I almost feel forced to spend orbs on these banners even if I don't want to.

Spend orbs when units you want are on focus. If you don't want any old units, why would you want them to pitybreak you when you're aiming for the units you want?

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If you don't want any old units, why would you want them to pitybreak you when you're aiming for the units you want?

You'll still get pitybroken at the same percentage as before, there are just fewer units to be in that pool of pitybreakers.  So it's good if you're sniping greens and want say Lewyn, but you'll never see Hector, either, so it's not strictly a positive change.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If you don't want any old units, why would you want them to pitybreak you when you're aiming for the units you want?

But I do want them.

I just don't want to have to spend orbs on let's say...the odd wave banner with Leavathein, Loki and Ishtar in the hope of getting Ayra, Julia, Tana, Elincia, YoungTiki, Linde, Faye, Ninian, Deirdre, Sigurd or Genny. 

4 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

But I do want them.

I just don't want to have to spend orbs on let's say...the odd wave banner with Leavathein, Loki and Ishtar in the hope of getting Ayra, Julia, Tana, Elincia, YoungTiki, Linde, Faye, Ninian, Deirdre, Sigurd or Genny.

So wait until one (or more) of those units is on focus?

Edited by Baldrick

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

So wait until one of those units is on focus?

What makes you think that I wouldn't summon them if they had a focus banner? I did and will continue to do so but that's besides the point. IS has now lowered the chance of getting these units even lower than it already was.

To add to that, what are the chances of the these characters getting focus banners when they removed them specifically because they were lackluster pity breakers? If IS was doing this in good faith they should've immediately announced that they'll do weekly gen 1 banners or something like that. They also didn't rerun Ishtar's BHB banner so why would they rerun the ones that are even older?

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

So wait until one (or more) of those units is on focus?

Ayra's last banner was 11 months ago (Heroes with Combat Boosts, April 22, 2018).
Ninian's last banner was 10 months ago (Tempest Trials, May 22, 2018).
Tiki's last banner was 10 months ago (New Power, June 10, 2018).

A number of characters have historically spent long intervals between banners (Luke's and Linde's being the most infamous), and if that now happens to a character you want, well, sucks to be you because it's now absurdly hard to get them.

13 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

What makes you think that I wouldn't summon them if they had a focus banner?

That you're apparently forced to summon on the Odd Wave banner, or any banner that features focus units you don't want.

To add to that, what are the chances of the these characters getting focus banners when they removed them specifically because they were lackluster pity breakers?

Pretty good, if IS didn't think they're worthwhile focus units there's no point in not demoting them.

EDIT:

sucks to be you because it's now absurdly hard to get them.

It was always absurdly hard to get them.

Edited by Baldrick

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

It was always absurdly hard to get them.

Yes, it was already very hard to get these characters. And our point is that now it's even harder, close to impossible even.

Like I still really want Alm but his appareance on the last Sweep skills banner was very unexpected (as everyone expected all the Firesweep weapons instead). So I had no orbs saved for him and lost them all due to the Fates beasts. His last banner was a whole year ago. So my only hope was that he would one day pity break me still, cause that's the only other option than waiting yet another damn year. But nope, IS had to take away even that hope from me, now I will probably never get him. Screw you too, IS.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ayra's last banner was 11 months ago (Heroes with Combat Boosts, April 22, 2018).
Ninian's last banner was 10 months ago (Tempest Trials, May 22, 2018).
Tiki's last banner was 10 months ago (New Power, June 10, 2018).

A number of characters have historically spent long intervals between banners (Luke's and Linde's being the most infamous), and if that now happens to a character you want, well, sucks to be you because it's now absurdly hard to get them.

Luke was the last Cav unit that I had not gotten for the longest time.  I didn't get him on his launch banner, largely due to him being on a banner with two other reds, and I thought he was going to be demoted.  I didn't get him until like a year later, when he randomly pitybroke me.  Has he even been on another banner?

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Luke was the last Cav unit that I had not gotten for the longest time.  I didn't get him on his launch banner, largely due to him being on a banner with two other reds, and I thought he was going to be demoted.  I didn't get him until like a year later, when he randomly pitybroke me.  Has he even been on another banner?

Nope, he has not. Luke's last banner was his release banner, 22 months ago (Echoes of Mystery, June 14, 2017).

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Pretty good, if IS didn't think they're worthwhile focus units there's no point in not demoting them.

We do not have concrete proof of that happening. There is NO announcement of that happening.

We are essentially debating over whether God exists or not. It cannot be proven or disproven, and since there is no concrete evidence pointing either way, our default assumption is that they are not going to put them in more Foci.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Luke was never on a Focus outside of his debut New Heroes Focus.

At least Linde got a few.

If they are not going to bother putting Luke on a Focus to monetize him, might as well just demote him at this point.

1 minute ago, Mau said:

Like I still really want Alm but his appareance on the last Sweep skills banner was very unexpected (as everyone expected all the Firesweep weapons instead). So I had no orbs saved for him and lost them all due to the Fates beasts. His last banner was a whole year ago.

As a fellow F2P, I recommend you work out your priorities, start building a stash of orbs and practice impulse control, because you can only get so many things you want. Heroes exists to make IS money, not to satisfy all your desires.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

That you're apparently forced to summon on the Odd Wave banner, or any banner that features focus units you don't want.

I didn't mean that word by word of course. I meant that assuming that we won't get a lot of banners featuring these characters.

Well, we'll have to see. Ishtar only got a rerun back in february and that was because every BHB got a banner rerun so I'm not sure of IS here.

As a fellow F2P, I recommend you work out your priorities, start building a stash of orbs and practice impulse control, because you can only get so many things you want. Heroes exists to make IS money, not to satisfy all your desires.

Working out your priorities doesn't help you at all if all of your highest priorities end up appearing a few weeks apart from each other and don't appear again until months later.

Im glad they're not going away completely. But hoping that there's enough focuses that they can still be rolled from;;. (Tho i guess they're trying to push me into buying more orbs instead of staying F2P. It is a gatcha game, afterall...)

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nope, he has not. Luke's last banner was his release banner, 22 months ago (Echoes of Mystery, June 14, 2017).

I wonder if he'll ever a get a focus.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

We do not have concrete proof of that happening. There is NO announcement of that happening.

We are essentially debating over whether God exists or not. It cannot be proven or disproven, and since there is no concrete evidence pointing either way, our default assumption is that they are not going to put them in more Foci.

Luke was never on a Focus outside of his debut New Heroes Focus.

At least Linde got a few.

If they are not going to bother putting Luke on a Focus to monetize him, might as well just demote him at this point.

Didn't realize Linde hadn't gotten any for so long.  I was lucky enough to get her off focus a few months after launch, so I wasn't actively looking for her.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

IS makes money by satisying their players' desires, though.

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

I didn't mean that word by word of course. I meant that assuming that we won't get a lot of banners featuring these characters.

It probably won’t be that frequent, but that just means more opportunity to build your orb supply.

@XRay There’s no announcement that they will stop putting those characters on focus banners.

@Rezzy IS have satisfied plenty of my desires, but apart from the BK, they didn’t make any money off it.

@XRay There’s no announcement that they will stop putting those characters on focus banners.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am going to argue that due to their poor historical performance on distributing characters that they are not going to increase the quantity of Foci featuring cut 5* Heroes.

I am hypothesizing that Luke will not get a Focus for 2019 nor 2020 either, and I am confident enough to bet on $100 on it.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am going to argue that due to their poor historical performance on distributing characters that they are not going to increase the quantity of Foci featuring cut 5* Heroes.

I am hypothesizing that Luke will not get a Focus for 2019 nor 2020 either, and I am confident enough to bet on $100 on it.

The only reason I could see Luke getting a banner is if they gave him a refine or had a "Heroes with Panic Ploy" banner.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Working out your priorities doesn't help you at all if all of your highest priorities end up appearing a few weeks apart from each other and don't appear again until months later.

Sure it does. All you have to do is pull less during the months between, then you can pull more when the units you do want are available.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The only reason I could see Luke getting a banner is if they gave him a refine or had a "Heroes with Panic Ploy" banner.

Imagine for some heroes like Lucina or Lyn.

Can't wait for that "Heroes with Defiant skills" banner am I right?

The changes are good if you don't want/need the old units or their fodder much, so now your pity breakers are generally of a higher quality being mostly recent units with mostly better skills. Almost everything in the current pity breaker pool is a great unit or great fodder.

However, if you're missing many older units that you wanted you just lost your chances to fill some of those holes while summoning for other things. I see people keep scoffing at this notion or saying "well just summon for them on a focus if you want them that much." Realistically, it can be hard to spare orbs for older units' banners when you're trying to spend on new seasonals and new heroes as well. While obviously nobody should be using pity breakers as the primary way to try and get something, if you're going to get pity broken anyway those older units you're missing may be stuff you wanted too. 

Personally, I've gotten a fair number of units I was missing through pity breakers, almost none of which I would have been able to afford spending orbs on while keeping up with the flow of actual new units. And I was happy to get them too. Hector, Takumi, Micaiah, Azura, Mia, Leo, etc. I could go on. Unit-wise, I've never really had a problem with the 5* pity pool, besides the obvious non-5* exclusive ones. And if we want to talk about pity breakers in general, yeah they're not as desirable as the focus unit you're chasing, but that hasn't changed. Just the variety of what you might get.

I'm relatively neutral on this change. Glad the pity pool has almost nothing bad in it anymore, but bummed this means my chances of getting units I missed like Ryoma, OG Lyn, Julia, etc. are pretty much completely gone. Almost certain I won't have orbs to spare for old unit banners when I want so many new seasonals and other things first. Hoping they'd show up on that slip pity chance was about all there was. Also doesn't help when units you want may be extremely rare to get actually banners. I know it's a meme, but imagine if you WANTED somebody like Luke. Well, pity breaks was it if you missed him. Anybody wanting Linde in her extremely long banner drought had no other chance either.

Edited by Alkaid

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sure it does. All you have to do is pull less during the months between, then you can pull more when the units you do want are available.

You make it sound so simple. I wonder why no one's thought of that before?

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You make it sound so simple. I wonder why no one's thought of that before?

Good question. It works great for me, I guess other people just need to get better at being like me.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

to be fair - and i agree with you - i have a Large emergency pool of orbs, (kinda wish there was an "orb bank" that you can like be all out of sight out of mind) - so if Myrrh/Flying Olivia have a banner, I am on it, and this is on top of the the orbs we get per month. - - 

but i mean. 
1: you can still get "gatcha'ed" and get hosed by luck 
2: your highest priorities could be about 2  banners apart. so if it took a chunk of your orbs to get it , and then look, here is rare unit/banner never to be seen again - then what? jump in my TARDIS and remind past me, that future me is gonna be boned?) 

I think honestly while this is good theoretically, again if you are someone who only pulls on new banners, it sucks. 
if you're F2P it sucks, because we don't know (i'm not holding my breath) if we're going to have more focus banners on the older units. (and i know for me a huge chunk of my 2017 collection came via pity breaks on said new banners. and - i point out this example using Lene/Gray, Celica, Ninian and Azura as examples

Dancers very rarely have banners. (VG Dancer banner when game?). 
Lene had one with sword valour (and shared with Gray and Horsey Chrom). 
now if i had an abudance of orbs, that would have been a fantastic banner to go all ham on because the amount of red pity breaks - would be awesome. (or if I was someone who could pound a lot of money into the game). I can't. so the chance of me getting Lene is really hard. and ironically now no Gray who got culled. (and Gray would be nice for Hero/SoV Index). 

I got Lene about 3 months later pulling on Alm's banner. AND Elincia. (free Summon) both awesome for me because Elincia is a project and lene is Lene. (and -atk Alm, who probably won't ever have a banner in life again). 

Celica shared with Leif. If I went by my previous experiences re: colour sharing, the chances of me getting celica is hard - because it's either I get Leif x2 , or None of them and on Limited orbs). I risked it because who knew when Celica would have another banner . Got a Celica on the Idunn banner via a ticket. so if I am going based on experience/being prudent - I end up with no Celica. that celica is now. someone post Book 2. so like. Flora.

Ninian was a ticket pull as well. Azura broke me when going for Lazura. 

i got v. lucky here. but if i was being prudent or, (heck if tickets didn't exist). I miss out on Elincia, I don't get Ninian or Celica.  and I doubt Elincia is having another Banner anytime soon. so i can understand why people can be mad or upset about this - based on trying to be prudent  at the same time. i would have none of these units if the changes took effect in the new and only 2 of them had a banner Elincia and Celica. 

the solution really was to increase the pity on the new units, lower the pity on the older ones, (OR again this might happen) have roating banners every month -  week could work, or something). but i figure every month just announce it. like "these units will be on a banner by the end of the month". it's not impacting most people who summon on Legendary anyway or spend money and for those who are F2P/Minnows/Really Save - then hey now you know in a few months from now, Minerva is having a banner. save up