Will Genealogy of the Holy War be the next remake?

Zihark11

Will Genealogy of the holy war be the next remake?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will Genealogy of the holy war be the next remake?

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

...and other games are relevant to this discussion how??? Because none of the other games use the individual money system FE4 uses.

It is still generally a more practical option for repairing than the Valkyrie staff.

Or maybe that's because it is. That amount of money could've easily gone to repairing something that would be of greater help in achieving victory several times over.

You were literally just comparing it to the impracticality of Bifrost. You can't only bring in other games when it's convenient to you and discredit them otherwise, especially when by the sounds of it you literally haven't even played FE4.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Darros said:

You were literally just comparing it to the impracticality of Bifrost. You can't only bring in other games when it's convenient to you and discredit them otherwise, especially when by the sounds of it you literally haven't even played FE4.

Because as far as I'm concerned, the Valkyrie staff ain't much better in terms of practicality. Only being usable in the main castle and requiring over half of the max gold a unit can carry to repair (especially knowing that one of the inheritors cannot fight before promotion, and thus has to rely exclusively on thieves and villages to get money)? Pass.

2 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Let's make it simple, you can revive anyone for the price of 2 Fortify Staffs or 6 Silver Swords.

From where I'n standing, this is what's called "not helping your case". Weren't you trying to say FE4 is casual friendly (which I think is bullshit to a massive extreme, btw) by citing the Valkyrie staff (not directly; you said that it allowed you to revive dead units) as one of the reasons why? Because, once again, a casual player wouldn't know that it could be passed down unless they either employed a guide or otherwise got tipped off by someone else.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well how good should free revives be before it's completely broken? Its fixing your risk, so it's worth it in that regard. And managing gold is not that hard, honestly, and that's coming from a casual player. As far as the player not knowing things goes, what's new? Alot of people dont know how Karel/Harken appear, they expect you to figure some things out on your own. Wanted to get Stefan? Same issue, FE4 is not the only game that does that. How can you argue it has all these flaws when you haven't played it? It's hard to say some things are "issues" when you never have attempted it at all. 

I don't know, but I would ask, how restricted must they be before you realize, hey, maybe it isn't worth it after all? Because as far as I'm concerned, it's well over that line. Also, I'll grant that a good deal of games tend to have stuff you can't be expected to figure out without a guide, but as far as FE games go, this is probably the most Guide Dang It of them all, what with the inheritance system, the secret events that require specific characters, etc. 

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Because as far as I'm concerned, it's well over that line.

We might as well drop the topic with you saying this given it seems to be your opinions versus everyone else in the thread's reasoning. And you're the only one here who hasn't played the game.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't know, but I would ask, how restricted must they be before you realize, hey, maybe it isn't worth it after all? Because as far as I'm concerned, it's well over that line. Also, I'll grant that a good deal of games tend to have stuff you can't be expected to figure out without a guide, but as far as FE games go, this is probably the most Guide Dang It of them all, what with the inheritance system, the secret events that require specific characters, etc. 

For challenges sake probably? It's supposed to have limited use, I'm not sure what else to tell you, other than reviving people shouldn't be so easy to pull off. Also, it's hard to say, maybe you should play the game. Its alot easier to judge things if you actually do.

Edited by lightcosmo

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

From where I'n standing, this is what's called "not helping your case". Weren't you trying to say FE4 is casual friendly (which I think is bullshit to a massive extreme, btw) by citing the Valkyrie staff (not directly; you said that it allowed you to revive dead units) as one of the reasons why? Because, once again, a casual player wouldn't know that it could be passed down unless they either employed a guide or otherwise got tipped off by someone else.

It is cheap to use, and only can be beaten by the real Casual Mode.

5 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Bullshit. The main castle restriction pretty much makes it too impractical to get any real mileage out of, even if you do manage to use it, you have the massive repair cost to deal with. 

Ah, how far we've moved from the days of permadeath; and how reviving lost units was meant to be a luxury, if the choice even existed at all...

13 hours ago, Darros said:

We might as well drop the topic with you saying this given it seems to be your opinions versus everyone else in the thread's reasoning. And you're the only one here who hasn't played the game.

Does "I got bored during Chapter 2" count?  Because that's roughly how far I got.

5 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Math time~!

Let's pretend that Dew magically murders everything in the castle arena.  That's 36,000 gold right there - more than enough for one revival (maybe two, I don't remember how repair costs work).  If he does some money-shuffling (read: jack Ayra's arena stash), he could probably fuel at least two uses just on gold gotten on that chapter (three on Claude's join chapter).  Gen 2 should be a little more flexible.

I'm hardly the best at FE, but I think I can manage those maps such that I don't have to worry about reviving that many people per chapter.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Bullshit. The main castle restriction pretty much makes it too impractical to get any real mileage out of, even if you do manage to use it, you have the massive repair cost to deal with. 

You haven't even played the game to even know this. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining just because you absolutely loathe this franchise and do nothing but whine and bitch about every single game in it. 

Why don't you do something more constructive with your life?

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's not as useless as you make it out to be, really. You shouldn't really be letting people die in the first place, it's just a backup in the in-case scenario, really. It isn't meant to be used on every battle. Why would they expect you to get a lot of people killed?

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

You haven't even played the game to even know this. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining just because you absolutely loathe this franchise and do nothing but whine and bitch about every single game in it. 

I agree, but wouldn't put it that way, that sounds a bit harsh. Someone can't just judge something with little experience, it's unfair, obviously. But to be really rude to them, I don't think that's right, either. Not trying to judge or anything, sorry if it comes of like that, but if someone doesn't want to change, they aren't going to. Their loss, really. It's a great game if given a chance, like any other, but oh well. I don't think it's really worth arguing or getting upset over, is it?

14 hours ago, Jedi said:

:facepalm:
Really? Use your head. Do you earnestly think I'd even be here, let alone have stayed here as long as I'd have, if I really didn't like this franchise???

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 4/16/2019 at 1:40 AM, eclipse said:

Let's pretend that Dew magically murders everything in the castle arena.  That's 36,000 gold right there - more than enough for one revival (maybe two, I don't remember how repair costs work).  If he does some money-shuffling (read: jack Ayra's arena stash), he could probably fuel at least two uses just on gold gotten on that chapter (three on Claude's join chapter).  Gen 2 should be a little more flexible.

The Valkyrie/Valkyria costs 30k, 1 use means the repair value is the same as the max value.

You divide the max value by the number of uses, and then deduct the value of the remaining uses to figure out the repair costs. A Silver Sword has a max value of 5000 Gold with 50 uses, so each use is worth 5000/50 = 50 Gold, if I repaired one with 38 uses remaining, it'd cost 12x50 = 600 Gold.

So Dew would have enough Gold a from a total Arena sweep to fund a single Valkyrie use, plus leftovers for repairing whatever he used to win it. Any money he steals on the battlefield or obtains from villages he could then use to pass along to Staffers and others who could use some money.

The only issue here is getting Dew to win in the Arena, having a base of 3 Str despite a good 40% growth and no Pursuit really hurts him. Although if you got a girl to break the Miracle Sword (Ayra could do that quickly) you could then in a glitch have Dew buy and repair it. If you rigged his HP to survive a single enemy hit and be dropped deep into Miracle activation range, he could gain a giant Avoid boost and then win Arena battles on attrition. Alternatively, just get a C rank sword to 50 kills and have him use that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Failed miserably at math

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The only issue here is getting Dew to win in the Arena, having a base of 3 Str despite a good 40% growth and no Pursuit really hurts him. Although if you got a girl to break the Miracle Sword (Ayra could do that quickly) you could then in a glitch have Dew buy and repair it. If you rigged his HP to be survive a single enemy hit and be dropped deep into Miracle activation range, he could gain a giant Avoid boost and then win Arena battles on attrition. Alternatively, just get a C rank sword to 50 kills and have him use that

Or alternatively if you want to suffer invest in him, then have him boss abuse against Gandalf until he's level 20 and then promote him. Its tedious to do so, but at least Thief Fighter Dew is pretty awesome since he can reliably kill and also has pursuit, so clearling most of the arena shouldn't become an issue anymore. 

Edited by Flee Fleet!

6 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Or alternatively if you want to suffer invest in him, then have him boss abuse against Gandalf until he's level 20 and then promote him. Its tedious to do so, but at least Thief Fighter Dew is pretty awesome since he can reliably kill and also has pursuit, so clearling most of the arena shouldn't become an issue anymore. 

I tried that but it does risk forcing Adean to end up with Dew since love points run on a timer

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I tried that but it does risk forcing Adean to end up with Dew since love points run on a timer

Really? I manage to pair her up with Midir easily enough (especially thanks to their talk convo) so it prevents her ending up with Dew. Unless you pair her with Jamke or anyone else that comes later, in which case yeah the chances of her pairing up with Dew becomes higher.

1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Really? I manage to pair her up with Midir easily enough (especially thanks to their talk convo) so it prevents her ending up with Dew. Unless you pair her with Jamke or anyone else that comes later, in which case yeah the chances of her pairing up with Dew becomes higher.

Well Midir is already present if you'd boss abuse on Gandalf, but I tried pairing Aden with Jamke after that point when Adean already had too many love points racked up with Dew. You'd think a nun would know better than to date a child but apparently not. 

Its why I think a sequel should rework the love system. As it is currently the player has some influence on the matter but its the game itself that pairs characters whether the player wants it or not.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Really? It should not be that big of a gap.

As explained here, love points only count until turn 50. DewxAdean has a base 0 with a passive +2 per turn. For the 50 turns, that's only a gain of 100 per chapter. So long you don't keep them together for the extra +5 (you can use Ethlin to heal him, if that's a concern), you can have those 100-per-chapter rack up even up to Ch3; and you can still pair her up with someone like Claude so long you keep them glued together (ClaudexAdean is 150 base with passive +3, so being next to each other is +8 per turn; and that can quickly overtake the DewxAdean score easily if you start early enough during Ch3). For the other characters it owuld be even easier.

Admittedly, the concern is with Jamke's 250 base, but only has a +1 passive growth. Unless you spend the all 50 turns in almost every chapter...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

ts why I think a sequel should rework the love system. As it is currently the player has some influence on the matter but its the game itself that pairs characters whether the player wants it or not.

They could probably just make it into a support system: Love points will stop increasing as long as you don't engage in a support conversation. Will make it easier to have desired pairings.

The question of what remake comes next depends on what Three Houses turns out to be.

One could assume that they won't make another "bare bones" remake like Echoes considering the success of Neo-Fire Emblem. Remember, there's a distinct shot of the game coming out on Nintendo's Switch and so they'll count on it to carry the franchise for the console.

So accepting that, one could ask between Binding and Genealogy which game would be easier to translate Neo-FE mechanics. And that's obvious.

• 2 months later...

please god, let it be geneaology. i want to be able to play it, since my emulator is a big slut and wont play it playing a rom would be piracy and piracy is bad and illegal, and i def wouldnt steal a car

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who wishes to have just new FE games? Today we have great fantranslations for the original games, and there's no actual need for remaking. At least imo. I would prefer a two year hiatus for a new FE17 which keeps going on Fodlan mythology or something new, rather than something "cheap" and "easy" such as a remake.

16 minutes ago, vercio said:

Am I the only one who wishes to have just new FE games? Today we have great fantranslations for the original games, and there's no actual need for remaking. At least imo. I would prefer a two year hiatus for a new FE17 which keeps going on Fodlan mythology or something new, rather than something "cheap" and "easy" such as a remake.

While it's definitely nice to have new games, you do have to keep in mind that there are a lot of new fans who are interested in trying out the older games, but are against piracy. There is benefit to remaking the older games that way newer fans can play them without having to resort to piracy. Not to mention, the older games really do need updating cuz they are really outdated at this point.

Edited by Gregster101