About the forge...

Hey! Recently I started to create some weapons in the forge and it’s really fun! I already forge a Rhomphaia and a Killer bow and it’s sooo cool!

Anyway, I have some questions about this... what the Regalian Archanea weapons do? (Sorry if I write the name bad) and which is the better one?

You’re free to comment other questions about the forge so we can help each other. Thank you 

Gradivus (which you get in Duma Temple in act 5) is an uber Javelin. Parthia (get by forging and evolving a Blessed Bow) gives you the Trance Shot Combat Art. Mercurius (get by forging and evolving a Blessed Sword) Her a Recovery effect and not much else. 

WARNING: Forging, let alone evolving the Blessed weapons into the Archanean regalia requires gold marks, which are hard to get.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Well, of the regalia weapons I've tried Gradivus (as you can get one freely) and Parthia.

Gradivus is alright, but imo Parthia's amazing with its combat art if you know what you're doing, pretty much the only bow that comes close to Killer Bow for overall usefulness (Trance Shot's up to 8 range is a good thing). Similarly, there's the Astra Sword, Sol Lance and Luna Bow, of which I've only had the Sol Lance and thought wasn't all that good (powerful, but that low speed is a nightmare).

The real issue is the need for Gold marks (5 each), which are not cheap and take some good resource management if you want to get the lot. (Unless you have the DLC, but I don't)

3 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Anyway, I have some questions about this... what the Regalian Archanea weapons do? (Sorry if I write the name bad) and which is the better one?

The Gradivus is very powerful, and it does have 1-2 range. But it is heavy and 1-2 isn't as good as it is in other games, owing to Bows being up to 1-5 and Mire being 1-3 on the magic side of things. Clair or another fast but fragile Lance user likes it.

Parthia does have the longest range of any bow or other weapon in the game. Yet it offensively is inferior to the Killer Bow, since you can't double when using Trance Shot. (The Longbow's thanks to Encloser is another choice for a Bow forge- it won't kill things, but it'll stop them from moving.)

Mercurius is really bad. It has Recovery, like the other two Regalia, but that is it. It has nice Mt, but that is it, and max forged Blessed Sword will outdo it vs. Terrors. It's a waste of Gold Marks. Forge once for an achievement (and you can safely delete that save afterwards), but that is it.

The cost for any Regalia is 2 Gold and 30 Silver to max the base Blessed weapon, plus another 5 Gold to evolve into the Regalia. And you'll need another 2 Gold if you want to max the stats on a Regalia afterwards. They're heavy on the Gold, which makes making them a bit objectionable, but the Parthia and Gradivus both have their uses.

also, if you want to fill out the list of weapon evolutions you can forge to remove all the ??? entries, you'll need to forge an extra Blessed Lance, getting the free Gradivus doesn't fill in the evolutions for the Blessed Lance

side note: What Lances are the best?

I've found Brave Swords and Zweihanders to be some of the best swords and the Killer Bow to be one of the best Bows, but what are the best lances?

58 minutes ago, godzillahomer said:

side note: What Lances are the best?

I've found Brave Swords and Zweihanders to be some of the best swords and the Killer Bow to be one of the best Bows, but what are the best lances?

On Alm's route probably the Rider's Bane. Alm's route is dominated by cavalry, which makes this weapon really amazing there.

In other situations it would probably be the Rhompaia once it's final skill can be used. Those "add a stat to the damage" skills are completely busted.